[5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh (Inactive)

Game Master Jubal Breakbottle


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,867 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"Let's move on. Forecastle then down."


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Before we do, is anyone seriously injured?" Drusilla asks as she makes sure the group gets together.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"All of us are a bit scratched up."

Does "as you recover from combat" mean we could short rest.


* Saltmarsh *

You can always try to short rest. ;D Just need to know.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12
DM Jubal wrote:
You can always try to short rest. ;D Just need to know.

Of course we could try. I was asking if you had already hinted that we had the opportunity with your "while you recover from combat."


* Saltmarsh *

Yes, I had hinted the opportunity. Just wanted to know what's the plan. Seems like the door under the forecastle.

You leave the open stair case from the captain's quarters to the lower deck to investigate the door beneath the forecastle. You find completely shut, not locked, jammed. You need to force your way in, if you want to go this way.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger looks at the others before they open the door. "Do we want to take a bit to bind wounds and such here. Before we go in. I mean we could cast some healing spells too if we don't want to wait."

So do we want to short rest. If we use spells now we don't have them later. If we need to save them for heals we don't have them for utility. Most of us are somewhat scratched up. What do you guys think?


I'm ok without rest, still have some healing potions. I haven't used it in game, but I can also use the Tasha's monk heal at the cost of a ki point. Not to mention full HD. Neutral vote on the rest.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

LOL we do have healing potions don't we. *player smacks his forhead in real life*


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

I vote short rest. I want to save spell slots for in combat needs. And potions can be used by anyone in an emergency case; hit dice healing can only be used with a short rest or long rest. And we don't know how long it will be before we can get more potions, but we can get more HD with a long rest.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Short rest is great I have 2 2nd level spell slots and no 1st level slots. If any one wants to give me a healing potion or two I wouldn't mind


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

I am pro short rest.


* Saltmarsh *

You close the door to the captain's quarters and take a short rest on the main deck. The door leading under the forecastle stays jammed closed.

The hour passes without interruption. While you strain to listen to what awaits you below, you cannot hear anything louder than the tossing waves and whistling wind of the open sea.

Take your Short Rest. Now what? Break the door down, or down the open stairway in the captain's quarters?


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Short Rest

Hit Die: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

As they take their respite Badger looks about, "If we get into trouble again. I do have a few healing potions." He pulls out 2 and offers anyone what has none. "If you have none."


HD: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Bimz was pecking little spiders, thousands of them, out of Blacklock's hair for about an hour. The kid seemed lost in thought.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

HD: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11

Drusilla will sit down and meditate on her spell books. Summoning some energy.

She will get a first level spell slot back


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"Yeah, I definitely need a minute to collect myself before we go on. F@+*ing spiders!"

Argyri takes a few quiet minutes to stand at the rail and look out across the ocean, dreaming of adventure that doesn't come with creepy crawlies.

HP: 22 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ 22 + (4) + 2 = 28

After she collects herself, Argyri nods to Badger. "I've got a potion here too. Let me see if I can finesse our way through this jammed door."

Thieves's Tools: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


* Saltmarsh *

Thieves tools cannot open this door. Athletics check.


Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Barracuda Side Kick!" the streetfighter announced, rotating rapidly on the cylindrical peg to deliver a wood splintering foot to the obstinate obstacle.


* Saltmarsh *

Blacklock splinters the door revealing sheets of webbing filling this room, such that anything more than 10 feet from the entrance appears as little more than a vague shape.

Map is updated.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"Oh good . . . more webbing." Badger gets ready.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"Oh come ON! Don't tell me the whole ship is full of spiders."

Argyri pulls out a torch and lights it, holding it in her left hand.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Short Rest and casting armor of agathys: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 = 9


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"Well it won't be when we leave." Badger says trying to sound hopeful. "Let's go for it."


* Saltmarsh *

Please confirm that you're really bringing a lit torch inside the forecastle? And please confirm your marching order entering the room. The two versions are in the Google Doc above the table with your HP. Thanks


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri advances toward the webbing, torch in hand...and then remembers a tale her mama told her about how quickly the Seventh Star had gone up in flames.

Maybe that'd be a good thing, honestly. If this whole bloody ship is just full of spiders, we might be doing ourselves and the world a favor to burn'm to a crisp...but what if there's someone prisoner down there?

With a sigh, Argyri extinguishes her torch, and says, "Alright, I'm not going in there first, if you're wondering. Ghosts are one thing. Spiders another thing entirely!"

Before I thought to post my Q in discussion, I (player) was about to have her toss the torch into the room....which, in hindsight, would've been an interesting turn of events, eh?


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger nods, draws his swords and moves in.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla begins to use her simple spell of prestidigitation to make a simple flare of fire to burn away some webs.


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Short rest HD 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

"Is fire a good idea? Maybe we should investigate a couple of other places before we risk taking the ship down to the waterline."


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

”Aye, we can save this for last. And when we go in I’ll go first. Got me, Uhm…enchantments? Basically if they swarm me, most will freeze and I can burn more of them.” He said, as he idly rubbed his ring. ”It’ll kill a fook load of the first wave. Best for that than one of ye being swarmed.”


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger stops his progress and allows Tarn to move in.


Blacklock followed, the absurdly bright crystal on his chest utterly obliterating even the tiniest shadow among the criss-crossing byways of the spider silk infrastructure.


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn moves into the room. Badger follows stepping into the room.
Drusilla has cleaned their squares and all adjacent squares, including the square with the table.

The table in middle of the room and is still covered with charts and maps.

What do you want to do? Wait for Drusilla some more? Examine the charts and maps?


Blacklock would not lay the lightest finger on a thing until Drusilla the Crab Lady's magical feather-dusters had done their work. Once cleansed, Blacklock took a sideways glance at the mathematical diagram, with not the slightest clue what the f*ck it was...

Int: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

"Oh yeah, this makes perfect sense." the genius analyzed. "Buy high, sell low...its the classic pair-of-dime with the balls to serve the next generation." the copy-cat regurgitated.


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

As long as Drusilla is good with slowly burning webbing away, we'll stick with her. No one gets left alone. Tarn and Badger in the room can help watch for anything coming out of the webbing, and the rest of us can make sure nothing is creeping up behind us.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Do you wish me to continue?" She asks the group pointing her finger up to let the tip form a tiny little lick of flame.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri nods heartily (happy that the magical cleansing doesn't seem to effect the wooden ship the way real fire would have).


Blacklock handed off the maps and charts to whoever was interested before following the others deeper into the skeletal remnants of the vessel.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 obviously too bright, but he is trying to move silent and stick to cover.


* Saltmarsh *

Drusilla cleans another square behind the table and reveals another giant (Large) spider and ettercap cling to the ceiling!

Initiative:
Blacklock: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Badger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Tarn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Drusilla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Argyri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Kwin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Bad guys: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Positions: Tarn has a table between him and bad guys. Badger is behind him in the doorway. Everyone else is on the main deck. Drusilla has line of sight to the bad guys that she just revealed.

Argyri, Drusilla, Tarn, Badger, Blacklock are up. Sorry, everyone but Kwin can go!


Assuming he can get through the door and such...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Stick: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Martial Arts: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 +prone
Legsweep: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Flurry: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Flurry, if adv from prone: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Piledriver: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Like a rising tide at dawn, the kid crashed into the ettercap nearly barreling the thing over before receding again back to sea.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla Utters an Arcane Phrase and focuses the energies on the Ettercaps' mind

Mind Silver Int Save 13
Psychic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Intelligence Save Penalty: 1d4 ⇒ 2

She will move back and allow others more capable in the martial realm have at the spider


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger shuffles quick forward and up onto the table hoping to get a swipe at the creatures on the ceiling.

Shortsword 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Shortsword 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Well don't that stink.


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn and Argyri


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 = 16
Booming Blade if enemy moves: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Moving towards the spider, Tarn swung his hammer up at the creature, hoping to crack open it's chitinous exterior with a single mighty swing. Hope being the key word.


* Saltmarsh *

Like a rising tide at dawn, the kid crashed into the ettercap nearly barreling the thing over before receding again back to sea.
DC 14 dex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
AC 13 Ettercap takes 6 +5 +4 = 16 damage and prone

Drusilla Utters an Arcane Phrase and focuses the energies on the Ettercaps' mind.
Mind Silver Int Save 13: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
AC 13 Ettercap takes 5 +16 = 21 damage

Moving towards the spider, Tarn swung his hammer up at the creature, hoping to crack open it's chitinous exterior with a single mighty swing. Hope being the key word.
AC 13 Ettercap takes 16 +21 = 37 damage

Argyri & Badger roll your second attack with advantage


I was attempting to prone it as well, DC 14 dex save.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Sorry for the wait!

Argyri attempts to skewer the spider-thing before it can suck them dry.

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (6) = 14
Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13Dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


* Saltmarsh *

Badger shuffles quick forward and up onto the table hoping to get a swipe at the ettercap on the ceiling. With two quick stabs, the ettercap falls from the ceiling and stop twitching after a bit.
Sword 2 vs ettercap: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d6 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (1) = 8
AC 13 Ettercap takes 8 +37 = 45 damage and dead!

Argyri attempts to skewer the giant spider-thing before it can suck them dry.
AC 14 Giant Spider takes 14 +2 = 16 damage

Argyri, Badger, Tarn: 1d3 ⇒ 3
The giant spider crawls across the ceiling and fails to bite the dwarf.
Bite!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Party up!


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri tries to press her assault on the spider, but this time it's faster than her and skitters aside.

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Sorry I missed the note about advantage. Looks like Badger did okay though.

Badger turns his attention to the spider and hacks up at the spider. assuming he can reach it from the table.

Shortsword 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
shortsword 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Not sure we have advantage on this shot too but for completeness.

Shortsword 1 if advantage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
shortsword 2 if advantage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

damage 1 if it: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
damage 2 if it: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
colossus slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 6

1 to 50 of 1,867 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.