[5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh (Inactive)

Game Master Jubal Breakbottle


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,867 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Dex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Dexterity save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


* Saltmarsh *

Argyri and Blacklock lead the troop amazingly running with the blue metal box faster than a dwarf can sprint. They get into the Navigator's Room (room under the forecastle) with everyone following right behind them. You pass millions of spiders surging out of the woodwork into the hallway ignoring you while escaping spouts of seawater from cracks in the hull.

Drusilla gets dashed against the crates and brings up the rear of her fleeing companions making it to the bottom of the stairs to the navigator's room. She sees demons break down a door into the hallway. They each resemble an enormous toothy mouth surrounded by a small plethora of stubby appendages. With ugly hides were a shade of dull brown, their squat, bulbous body practically splits in half to accommodate their giant gullets and their four flailing arms bringing food to their slavering jaws.

bite vs Drusilla: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 222d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 2) + 2 = 11

Everyone is up. Hope it's clear where you are.


Dex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"Damnit...what the hell is in this thing..." the kids pathetic lack of muscle a steady face-punch to his ego, forced to appear so weak in front of the babe also known as Argyri.

Continuing to carry box with Argyri.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla curses and utters an arcane phrase a powerful cantrip.

Thunderclap Constitution DC13
Thunderclap: 1d6 ⇒ 2

She will then stand and draw her blade.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri grunts as they continue to heft the box up toward their boat.

As she does, she looks back and sees some demonic mass biting at Drusilla and groans. "Dru, can you run? Do you need us to come back there?"


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12
Booming Blade if enemy moves: 1d8 ⇒ 8

With a curse, Tarn turned around and joined Drusilla. "Turn and move!" He yelled. "Let's not go down with this ship."


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Agreed" Drusilla says as she'll ready to move.

Next round will move again using a Dash action


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

"Great Walker of the Horizon, bless we travelers!"

Casting bless using a second level slot, targeting Dru, Tarn, Badger and himself.

Then he'll keep moving!


* Saltmarsh *

Argyri and Blacklock clear the doorway and make it to the main deck. They see a writhing sea of tentacles grappling the Emperor and slowly pulling it under the water. The tilt of the ship has the starboard side of the deck is 10 feet above the port side. They gather near the starboard side and see their dwarven recovery team rowing to the starboard side. You estimate that they are another minute of rowing away from the sinking ship.

With a curse, Tarn turns around and interposes in front of Drusilla who withdraws. "Turn and move!" He yelled. "Let's not go down with this ship."
AC 13 demon takes 12 damage

The demon's four flailing arms fail to bring the dwarf into its slavering jaws. Its bulbous body practically splits in half to accommodate its giant gullets. Three other demons ready to replace the one in melee with Tarn bottlenecked in the stairway to the Navigator's Room. Seawater appear at the feet of the other demons.
bite vs Tarn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 142d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 7) + 2 = 16

Everyone up


* Saltmarsh *

Bump! A kraken pulling your ship underwater! Stranded on the ship with demons. Rowboat to the rescue a minute out. High drama!


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

With Tarn turning to hold the gap Badger rushes to Argyri's side helping her with the box. "Its gonna be a long minute or so afore that boat get's to us."

Athletics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri's relief in lugging the box up top is short lived, as she sees the massive tentacles destroying the ship...and that their own boat is a minute out.

"Oh for F&^%'s sake! Get me OFF of this hellboat."

When Badger runs up, Argyri hands the box to him. "Thanks Badger!"

"Blacklock, you and I are probably best able to get to that demon-thing and then get back when we need to. Wanna go poke it's eyes out?"

Not waiting for an answer, she does a rakish slide across the deck–rapier out–and pokes for the demon's eye.

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (3, 6) = 21
Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Dru truns to look at a demon thing and speaks a word before she turns back around and runs.

Mind Sliver Int Save DC13

Brain Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Save Penalty: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Making a fighting retreat, Tarn fell back, braving any attacks the demon made at him. Then, turning he pointed his ring at the trio of demons and yelled ”GO FOOK YERSELVES!” Was it heroic? No. Was it indicative of class, morals, or even a rudimentary sense of decorum? Also no. But somehow, as he yelled it, the ground between him and the demons erupted into hard spikes and thorns. If they wished to follow, then they would pay for it.

Spike Growth! Forgot I had this spell

” The ground in a 20-foot radius centered on a point within range twists and sprouts hard spikes and thorns. The area becomes difficult terrain for the Duration. When a creature moves into or within the area, it takes 2d4 piercing damage for every 5 feet it travels.


Way cool spell.

Blacklock rushed into the fray but halted immediately at the eruption of spikes.

Ready, if one closes to melee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

"Walker of Horizons, Preserve Us!"

Kwin stumbles as the deck lurches. He brings up his bow, shooting an arrow at the demon facing Tarn.

Arrow to hit 1d20 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (9) + (4) + 5 = 18, damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

He also maintains concentration on his spell.

Dru, Tarn and Badger, you still have Bless going. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Cool spell indeed! If that happened before Argyri would've reached the demons, consider her action to be moving to the boundary of the spikes and then readying.


* Saltmarsh *

Badger gets to the box that Blacklock and Argyri hold against the starboard rail which is 10 feet higher than the portside rail and secures it so Argyri can get into melee.

Making a fighting retreat, Tarn fell back, braving any attacks the demon made at him to the top of the stairs into the Navigator's Room where several of you can wait and attack the demons as the come upstairs. The demon bites at the retreating dwarf.
Attack of Opportunity bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 162d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

Then, turning he pointed his ring at the trio of demons and yelled ”GO FOOK YERSELVES!” Was it heroic? No. Was it indicative of class, morals, or even a rudimentary sense of decorum? Also no. But somehow, as he yelled it, the ground between him and the demons erupted into hard spikes and thorns. If they wished to follow, then they would pay for it.

Dru truns to look at a demon thing and speaks a word before she turns back around and runs.
Int Save DC 13: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (3) - 3 = 0
AC 13 demon takes 4 +12 = 16 damage

Kwin stumbles as the deck lurches. He brings up his bow, shooting an arrow at the demon facing Tarn.
AC 13 demon takes 8 +16 = 24 damage

The first maw demon climbs the stairs after Tarn and evaporates into sulfurous vapor before it reaches the top.
15 feet: 6d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4) = 16
AC 13 demon takes 16 +24 = 40 damage and destroyed

The second maw demon follows its brethren after Tarn.
20 feet in spike growth: 8d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 1) = 20
AC 13 demon 2 takes 20 damage

Not waiting for an answer, she does a rakish slide across the deck–rapier out–and pokes for the demon's eye causing it too to evaporate into sulfurous vapor at your feet.
AC 13 demon 2 takes 21 +20 = 41 damage and destroyed

The third maw demon follows its brethren after Tarn.
25 feet in spike growth: 10d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 4, 2, 3) = 27
AC 13 demon 3 takes 27 damage
Tarn, Argyri: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Demon 3 bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 92d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 2 = 10

Party up!


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla continues her trek off the ship but stops and utters her arcane phrase in hopes to damage even more psychic damage.

Int Save DC13 at -3
Psychic Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Save Penalty: 1d4 ⇒ 2

She then continues running.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 1) + 7 = 12
Booming Blade if enemy moves: 1d8 ⇒ 1

With one demon left, Tarn held his ground. The spell had worked better than he could have ever hoped for, but now it was time to use his hammer. He slammed it into the creature’s chest.


Sorry, I'm a little unclear if the Spike Growth area is blocking Blacklock from melee or not. He will not willingly enter the harmful spikes. If he can melee without entering...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
MA: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Otherwise please treat first attack as a Ready again.


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

"We have to go now!" Kwin calls, belaboring the obvious. He looses another arrow at the demon, knowing that honorable Tarn will not leave until the demons aren't threatening his compatriots.

To hit, 1d20 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (7) + (3) + 5 = 15, Damage 1d8 ⇒ 5


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri crows with delight as she pokes the demon in the eye, and causes it to crumble.

"Two down, one to go!" She spins on one heel and manages to hold the demon in place with the tip of her dagger, letting her again skewer this one with her rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (5, 1) = 12
Dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


* Saltmarsh *

Drusilla continues her trek off the ship but stops and utters her arcane phrase in hopes to damage even more psychic damage.
Int Save DC 13: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (11) - 6 = 5
AC 13 demon 3 takes 5 +27 = 32 damage

With two demon left, Tarn held his ground. The spell had worked better than he could have ever hoped for, but now it was time to use his hammer. He slammed it into the creature’s chest causing it to evaporate into sulfurous vapor..
AC 13 demon 3 takes 12 32 = 44 damage and destroyed

After the third maw demon disappears, a fourth maw demon emerges from the churning seawater filling the stairwell on the portside into the Navigator's Room.
=30 feet in spike growth from last round: 12d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 4, 2, 4, 2, 1) = 28
AC 13 demon 4 takes 28 damage

Blacklock flails away while She spins on one heel and manages to hold the demon in place with the tip of her dagger, letting her again skewer this one with her rapier causing the last one to evaporate into sulfur vapor.
AC 13 demon 12 +1 +28 = 41 damage and destroyed

"We have to go now!" Kwin calls, belaboring the obvious. Without any more demons, you all head to the main deck to join Badger who holds the precious blue metal box against the starboard watching the drama-filled scene.

The portside side main deck starts to slosh with waves of seawater demonstrating that the Emperor of the Waves is imminently sinking. Then on the starboard horizon beyond the tentacle thrashing sea around the ship, he sees the jolly boat of dwarves madly rowing to their rescue.

Party up!


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

”There be no end of them, but they can’t get through me armor! Everyone fall back, I’ll hold this door and then follow ye. Now go!” Tarn yelled.

Tarn can withdraw. He has high AC, armor of agathys and the lowest move speed. So once everyone falls back he will follow


Possible to throw a rope out to the dinghy?


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger holds on for dear life and does his best to keep the cargo in place.

Not sure I have any other actions available. Which I am cool with, but I wanted to make sure.


* Saltmarsh *

The enormous octopus grips the Emperor of the Waves slowly pulling the mighty ship beneath the water. Seawater continues to lap across the pitched deck leaving you huddled with the blue metal box against the starboard railing. The dwarves row like mad dodging a couple tentacles on the starboard side which clearly have no interest in the jolly boat.

Once the rowboat reaches Emperor of the Waves after an excruciatingly long minute, the blue steel box can be handed down from the deck of the Emperor into the rowboat which remains in place long enough for the box to be offloaded and for you to clamber aboard.

As the dwarves row you to safety, you watch the Emperor of the Waves sink below the water, a trophy and potential toy. When you arrive at the Soul of Winter, the dwarves make short work of loading the box on to the deck and into the hold.

The dwarves leave you alone and set sail to make way to return to Saltmarsh.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

While the box is being carefully lowered to the rowboat, Argyri stands guard–rapier at the ready–to poke at any of the massive tentacles, if they come near her companions.

Once everyone else is onto the rowboat she nimbly tumbles down into it and helps to shove off.

. .

Only once they are finally back in the safety of the Emperor of Waves does she finally speak. "Bloody hell! I hope that kraken has a taste for spiders. I have a feeling she'll have her fill.

"For myself...I'll be happy if I never see another." She shudders. "Give me a mess of cultists, or even a gibbering demon, any old day."

She takes a long drink of wine from the bottle they'd opened, and then passes it on. "That said, good work, eh? Seems we managed to rescue this damned box just in the nick of time, and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was sure we were lost there, more than once."


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn nodded and suppressed an urge to shudder. "We worked hard for our gold. Nay anyone can ever say the opposite. But let's get this damnable box turned in and ourselves paid right away. We went through far too much to risk anything going wrong now that we be back on solid ground."


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri chuckles a bit to herself, as Tarn refers to the dwarven vessel as 'solid ground', but decides not to correct him.

Bug-free ground, at least. That's enough for me.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Remind me to prepare better next time. My spells are a bit too depleted." Drusilla says as she begins to take in deep breaths and adjust her gear.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

"Heh. If ye say so. I'd say that it took everything we had, all of us, to get through that. Speaking of which, can any of ye wait to get the gold that's owed to us?" Tarn said with a grin. "We're all going to be fooking rich! Can't wait to spend it all. Might have to travel to a city, aye? Some place that can handle the money that we're about to be rolling in." He finished, not even considering the prospect of saving.


* Saltmarsh *

The dwarves of the Soul of Winter sail back to Saltmarsh. Over the several day return trip, dwarves grumble how happy they were to be just paid to transport you. Their stories of your rescue from the kraken get bigger and bigger as you approach Saltmarsh. You are certain to become famous where ever they dock.

Arriving at the same wharf that you departed, you see Aubreck Drallion in the same fine clothes that he wore when you first met him which haven't been fashionable for at least a year. His iron-gray hair is pulled back in a short ponytail, and his mustache is neatly tended. His half-orc butler Vertheg stands slightly behind him. Argyri shares that she thinks Aubreck made his butler sleep at the wharf waiting to see the sail of the Soul of Winter. As you dock and signal that you were successful, Aubreck cannot contain his enthusiastic celebration. Out of character for the noble, he congratulates you and Captain Wolgar as you disembark with the box.

Aubreck leads you back to his large, run down mansion. He asks you to carry the blue metal box into a large room and then to leave him alone. After you leave, anyone dropping some eaves against the closed door despite the butler's oversight hear a quick whisper and a whoop for joy!

After a few minutes, you hear the box close and see him emerge from the room. He carries several sacks weighing about 15 pounds and hands them to Tarn. The dwarf peeks inside to see platinum coins. "Seven hundred platinum. I cannot carry your reward in gold. You can count it if you want."

"Vertheg, open the bottle of the good stuff for a toast." Vertheg leaves the room.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn looked into the bag and his face flushed. Looking up he was speechless. There was so much coin in there. More than he could ever have imagined. More than he could have earned from digging in the mines. He was infinitely glad that they were in the mansion and not in public, lest every youth with a knife would dream of getting rich quick. He sat down to start counting it.

”Aye, a toast.” He said, almost breathless. ”Will get this counted out. Make sure that nay anyone overpays or gets underpaid. Heh…nearly dying never paid so well.” He added with a smile.

Persuasion to come across charming rather than miserly: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger pulls out his hand and is clearly counting things on his fingers after a moment his eyes go wide. "That's more than a few coins to rub together."


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"More spells!"Drusilla says as she lights up to the possibility of more spells and research.

" I may need to figure out a better place to have a workshop. Maybe in the Crabber's Cove." Drusilla says as she thinks about it.

"I can still capture crabs and work on spells without fear of hurting anyone!!!" Drusilla says with a smile and then scratches her head.

"Though maybe I should pay some people to build me a house there?"


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn counts (potentially with help) seven hundred platinum pieces. You finish three "good" bottles of wine celebrating while the dwarf focuses on important task at hand.

You divide the coins among yourselves, 116 platinum pieces to each of you, with 4 coins leftover to potentially pay for a huge party at the Winker Goat.

While Aubreck is extremely happy with your success, his noble hospitality steadily declines, well because you're not noble. Finally, someone breaks the tension to head for the door, and then everyone is ready for the party to close.

You find yourselves outside Aubreck's dilapidated mansion, fairly wealthy.

You're now 5th level! We'll go into Downtime. Please let me know what you want to do and when you're ready to start the next adventure. I don't want to lose momentum in the game. Obviously, you'll see Blacklock around Saltmarsh.

Remember Captain Xendros of the Faithful Quartermasters of Iuz has magic items for sale and can also broker the sale of magic items.

Common magic items are (1d60 +40) gp. Uncommon magic items are (1d400 +100) gp and take 1d4 weeks to find. And, rare magic items are (1d4500 +500) gp and take 2d4 weeks to find.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn was as happy as he could be...he was rich! So rich! That was, until he talked to Luz. As it turned out, he would have been able to buy a magical artifact of legend...if he had not spent so much on enchanting his armor and clothing before. He had been so close to being able to truly show off and to become a legend himself. So, so close. If only he had not spent so much gold! So he did the only sensible thing. He consoled himself by buying a bag of holding. Luz merely had to tell Tarn about how it could hold nearly anything. That he could put all of his heavy plate armor in it, and carry it all around as if though it weighed nothing. That he could carry all of his gold and platinum without anyone knowing it was there, so that he wouldn't be a target for pickpockets. How he could carry as much loot as he wanted (within reason), so that in the future he could afford what he really wanted. So Tarn, in the interest of saving his gold, immediately and without hesitation spent more of it on the bag. It was an investment! He would have been a fool not to.


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Kwin stepped away as the celebration was starting to wind down. Full of beer and fish tacos, he went for a walk to clear his head.

Hours later, he realized he was still walking, his mind and soul open for his god's direction. Which way should he go to further the works of his deity? He tried one direction, and then another. When dawn finally started to paint the sky, he realized that he had to return to Saltmarsh. Despite all of the good that had been done there so far, even greater need and danger lurked.

Kwin steeled himself and returned to town. He went to see Captain Xendros to prepare for what lies ahead.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger enjoyed the celebration with his fellows. In the days that followed he gave a full report to Captain Firebrand. He called in a few favors hoping to grease the wheels to get the Iuz quartermaster to take his order for new weapons.

Badger returned to sea grove to speak with the druid who was going to check out the lizardfolk.


* Saltmarsh *

Two months later, Argyri is invited to the Saltmarsh Mariner's Guildhall. There she meets the visiting Guildmaster Tabeth of the Royal Mariner's Guild. After flattering Argyri with tales of your crew's exploits, Tabeth explains that pirates have recently ransacked, Abbey Isle, an island just off the coast populated by evil clerics and their followers. Much to the guild's delight, the battle between the two factions weakened them both. The mariners' guild then sent a force ashore, and the remaining pirates were killed or driven off by the guild' soldiers. The island, though now apparently abandoned, remains a danger due to undead guarding the only safe approach: a beach called the Skull Dunes.

The mariners' guild is willing to pay you 2,000 gp if you can land, explore the island, and clear it entirely of threats such that the guild can construct a lighthouse on the site. Payment would be made upon completion of the job, which will be verified by guild members.

The mariners' guild contact in the region is Major Ursa, who keeps a lighthouse on an island nearby. He will provide additional information to any group that takes on the assignment. Argyri knows this lighthouse and can take the crew there and then on to Abbey Isle, if interested.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

For two months the Wizard Fisherman Drusilla had been using Crabbers Cove for her base of Operations. She would capture a few of the crabs in the lower story of her Tower which she erected daily using the spell she had researched.

She sold the crabs and fish she managed to do between purchases and putting spells into her book. It was nice, especially the evening where she would visit RIsa every now and then in hopes of earning her favor. She did admire the human woman.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

For two months, Tarn tormented his kinsmen with his singing.

"Brothers of the mine rejoice!
(Swing, swing, swing with me!)
Raise your pick and raise your voice!
(Sing, sing, sing with me!)
Down and down into the deep
Who knows what we'll find beneath?
Diamonds, rubies, gold, and more
Hidden in the mountains store"

It was fine at first. With enough to drink, a few even sang with him. But his joy at being underground again did not let up...

"Born underground
Suckled from a teat of stone
Raised in the dark
The safety of our mountain home
Skin made of iron
Steel in our bones
To dig and dig makes us free
Come on, brothers, sing with me!"

A few of the older dwarves 'leaked' rumors to him, of great veins that lay untouched in the deeper mines. Something which he went towards with gusto. Unfortunately, his songs continued to echo through the tunnels, filling the dark with his joy and mirth.

"I am a dwarf, and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
I am a dwarf, and I'm digging a hole
Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole"

When his damnable cheerfulness didn't subside, it became clear what the old grumblers had to do. They had to keep an eye out for another adventure so that Tarn might go bother someone else. So when Argyri was summoned by the Mariner's Guild, the more crotchety longbeards were quick to bring the news to Tarn's attention. There was no way that they could allow him to stay behind. A few of the beardlings had taken to singing as they worked as well, and they could not imagine the consequences of letting his disease of the mind spread to a new generation.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri had enjoyed the first month of splurging on herself, and enjoying a bit of prestige. She marveled at each of the new enchanted items she discovered and purchased, including a ring like the one Blacklock found (that helps her leap to amazing heights), and a dagger than can warn her when danger approaches. Perhaps her very favorite is a cuddly plush parrot that she wears on her shoulder, and which–finally–seems to help her sleep without terrifying dreams of spiders.

When the Mariners give her their offer, she is itching for more adventure. She's about to say, Of course! when she remembers how Tarn had managed to negotiate a bit more for them last time. "You've come to just the right band of intrepid adventurers. Of course, this sounds both quite hazardous for us, and quite lucrative for you. I'm sure you could go beyond 2000 for a job like this, done right, yes?"

To keep things moving forward, whether she manages to talk them up or not, once she gathers people together at a tavern...

"Hey friends, I don't know about you but I'm itching for a bit more action. Action this time that, as far as I know, involves some undead but thankfully NO more spiders."

She goes on to relay everything the Mariners said to her.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"You had me at no spiders." Badger grins.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

”Gold! No spiders! I can buy an artifact of power!” Tarn said, bubbling over with excitement. He barely even listened to what the job was. ”Lets get going now.” He grinned.


* Saltmarsh *

With Argyri, the Guildmaster smiles at her haggling, "two thousand crowns is our reward. The guild can replenish some of your nautical gear and provide transport to the islands if you don't want to sail your own boat. And, I'm sure there is more there from the clerics and pirates, and the law of salvage applies." = finders keepers


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Earlier

Argyri nods. "We can still it ourself. I'll work with the quartermaster on replacements."

It was worth a try, I guess.

Now

The Hero of the Sea smiles. "It's a deal then! She'll we plan to set sail tomorrow at dawn?"

1 to 50 of 1,867 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.