[5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh (Inactive)

Game Master Jubal Breakbottle


1,651 to 1,700 of 1,867 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Kwin slashes the air with some holy water, which quickly evaporates into the spell he weaves. "Great Walker of the Horizon, bless these champions as they purge this crossroads!"

Casting bless using a second level spell slot.

Tarn, Argyri, Badger (and myself), whenever you make an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, you can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla hangs back. Hearing the spell casting she then casts another firebolt at the one with the spear.

Blasty Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
BListery Burn: 2d10 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger fires another arrow at the foe attacking Argyri.

Shortbow 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (11) + 6 + (4) = 21
Shortbow 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (12) + 6 + (4) = 22
Damage 1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 8
Damage 2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri twists aside, keeping the bastard sword from cutting quite so deep, but it still leaves a red slash on her forearm.

She strikes back with her rapier and dagger, but the cultist is faster than she'd expected. Her rapier bits nothing but air, but–thanks to Kwin's divine inspiration–her dagger strikes true.

I'll use Uncanny Dodge to 1/2 damage from 10 to 5, so:
.
HP38/42

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (2) = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (9) + 7 + (3) = 19 Damage: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + (1, 3, 3) = 9


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn stumbled back, surprised by the speed of the spear. The blade cut through his defenses and into him. Bleeding, he swept his hammer around in an arc. Less deadly than before, it at least bought him time and space to recover.
Og takes 20 +20 = 40 damage

Badger fires another arrow at the foe attacking Argyri.
AC 17 Vet 2 takes 22 +14 = 36 damage

Argyri strikes back with her rapier and dagger, but the cultist is faster than she'd expected. Her rapier bits nothing but air, but–thanks to Kwin's divine inspiration–her dagger strikes true.
AC 17 Vet 2 takes 9 +36 = 45 damage

You hear casting from both sides around the corner of the stairwell.
Bless 2 of 10 rounds
Vet 2 heals: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Og heals: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The first warrior attacks Argyri twice with a bastard sword.
Vet 2 vs Argyri 1: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (4) = 141d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Vet 2 vs Argyri 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (18) + 5 + (1) = 241d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The leader attacks Tarn three times with a spear.
Og vs Tarn 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (2) = 192d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11
Og vs Tarn 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (2) = 282d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15
Og vs Tarn 3: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (3) = 182d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8

The third warrior in splint armor loads another bolt in his a heavy crossbow and shoots at Kwin.
Vet 3 vs Kwin: 1d20 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 3 + (1) = 141d10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Party up!


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri dodges the next two attacks with ease, feints with her rapier, and then scores one deep cut with her dagger.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (1) = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + (2) = 23 Damage: 1d4 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + (5, 2, 2) = 10


* Saltmarsh *

@Argyri, doesn't a 24 hit you?


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

When the crossbow bolt narrowly misses him, Kwin readies his shield. He also draws his rapier as he focuses on his spell... and not getting impaled.

Ready shield and rapier, and take a dodge action while maintaining concentration on bless. Second round of max ten.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla changes tactics with a heightened voice her timbre changes and with syllables sound she weave her spell with one deft hand. three darts form and streak towards the spear welding leader.

Magic Missiles: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 3 = 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

...and then suddenly, the swing she was sure she'd dodged comes back and smacks her on the shoulderblade.

Huh! Read/posted on my phone and clearly misread it. Thanks for catching it.
.
HP 34/42 (after uncanny dodge)


* Saltmarsh *

@Kwin readying a shield is an Action, but there's no reason you shouldn't have it ready descending in the ruins.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 5 = 7

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (15) + (2) + 8 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 5) + 8 = 19

Tarn took a solid hit from the spear, unable to defend against the flurry of blows. If not for his armor he’d have been easily skewered. Still, the solid plate gave him the ability to take the attacks and to return with one of his own, giving (almost) as good as he got.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"I hear spell casting and seeing wounds healing up. These guys have support. "

Badger fires at the foe he thinks is the most damaged.

Bonus Action Hunter's Mark
Shortbow 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (1) = 12
Shortbow 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (3) = 19
Damage 1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage 2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Hunter's Mark: 1d6 ⇒ 6


* Saltmarsh *

Argyri scores one deep cut with her dagger... and then suddenly, the swing she was sure she'd dodged comes back and smacks her on the shoulder blade.
AC 17 Vet 2 takes 10 +45 -10 = 45 damage

Drusilla changes tactics with a heightened voice her timbre changes and with syllables sound she weave her spell with one deft hand. three darts form and streak towards the spear welding leader.
Og takes 8 +40 -4 = 44 damage

Tarn took a solid hit from the spear, unable to defend against the flurry of blows. If not for his armor he’d have been easily skewered. Still, the solid plate gave him the ability to take the attacks and to return with one of his own, giving (almost) as good as he got.
Og takes 19 +44 = 63 damage

Badger fires at the foe he thinks is the most damaged.
Og takes 14 +63 = 77 damage

You hear casting from both sides around the corner of the stairwell.
Bless 3 of 10 rounds
Vet 2 heals: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Og heals: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The first warrior attacks Argyri twice with a bastard sword.
Vet 2 vs Argyri 1: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (2) = 101d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Vet 2 vs Argyri 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + (2) = 221d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The leader attacks Tarn three times with a spear.
Og vs Tarn 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + (1) = 222d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
Og vs Tarn 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (3) = 212d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9
Og vs Tarn 3: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (1) = 242d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13

Seeing Kwin dodge, the third warrior in splint armor loads another bolt in his a heavy crossbow and shoots Drusilla in the chest.
Vet 3 vs Drusilla: 1d20 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (20) + 3 + (2) = 252d10 + 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 1 = 10

Party up!


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Hellish Rebuke after 1st hit: 3d10 ⇒ (7, 3, 6) = 16
DC14 Dex for half


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla takes the bolt hard in her shoulder. She growls and casts her voice uttering the incantation and letting the energy harness and then release. Seeing the spearman as the deadliest she focuses there and releases the mental attack on his mind.

Tasha's Mind Whip
You psychically lash out at one creature you can see within range. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the target takes 3d6 psychic damage, and it can’t take a reaction until the end of its next turn. Moreover, on its next turn, it must choose whether it gets a move, an action, or a bonus action; it gets only one of the three. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and suffers none of the spell’s other effects.

Int Save DC15

Psychic Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4) = 15


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger curses and moves to Tarn and slaps him on the back, "Get up on your feet." His words a gruff echo of dwarven sensibilities.

Cure Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

34-4-6 = 24/42 HP (thanks to Jubal's benevolence ;-)

Argyri takes a minor nick from the veteran, but then sees Og take down Tarn...and sees his spear come straight for her. She twists, not evading it entirely, but managing to soften the blow.

She decides to focus her attacks on the leader, and thrusts again.

Rapier vs Og: 1d20 + 8 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + (4) = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + (2, 5, 5) = 25

Depending on if that hit...:

If I missed with my first attack (so didn't get to use Sneak Attack yet) I definitely make this dagger attack (adding Sneak), if the first hit missed Og.

Dagger: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (2) = 21 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1+12 Sneak, if the rapier missed.

If the first attack already landed...is there a way I can use my cunning Dash or Disengage to my advantage here? Theater of the Mind on a staircase makes me unsure, but perhaps I can position myself such that it's harder for one or the other of the two on the stairs to swing at me?

If so, I'll do that.

If there's not really a useful way to use a Bonus Disengage or Dash here, I'll just make the dagger strike even if I already hit.


* Saltmarsh *

Argyri, the 17 misses Og. She is sandwiched between the Og and Vet in front and Kwin and Drusilla behind in a 10 ft wide stairwell

Kwin!


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

[b]"Tarn!" Kwin cries out when he sees the dwarf fall. Even as the giant warrior turns his spear to Argyri, Kwin is darting forward. With his shield raised high, he rushes up to Tarn and lays a hand on him.

Cure Wounds with a first level slot. Heals 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

He also maintains concentration on bless for turn 3.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

back up to 11 HP

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (5) + (3) + 5 = 13
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4) + 8 = 18

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (19) + (2) + 8 = 29
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12

Add 3 bludgeoning damage to first hit

Feeling woozy from blood loss, it was only due to the ministrations of Badger and Kwin that Tarn was able to get to his feet. He swung his hammer, more out of desperation than anything else, hoping to take the enemy down before that damnable spear could skewer him again.


* Saltmarsh *

Drusilla takes the bolt hard in her shoulder. She growls and casts her voice uttering the incantation and letting the energy harness and then release. Seeing the spearman as the deadliest she focuses there and releases the mental attack on his mind.
Int Save DC 15: 1d20 + 1d4 ⇒ (7) + (1) = 8
Og takes 15 +77 -6 = 86 damage

Argyri takes a minor nick from the veteran, but then sees Og take down Tarn...and sees his spear come straight for her. She twists, not evading it entirely, but managing to soften the blow. She decides to focus her attacks on the leader, and thrusts again.
Og takes 13 +86 = 99 damage

Feeling woozy from blood loss, it was only due to the ministrations of Badger and Kwin that Tarn was able to get to his feet. He swung his hammer, more out of desperation than anything else, hoping to take the enemy down before that damnable spear could skewer him again.
Og takes 15 +99 = 114 damage and dead

Bless 4 of 10 rounds
Finally, the team drops the brute! The crossbowman drops his crossbow and draws his bastard sword and steps in front of Tarn.
Vet 3 vs Tarn 1: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + (4) = 191d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Vet 3 vs Tarn 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (16) + 5 + (3) = 241d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The first warrior attacks Argyri twice with a bastard sword.
Vet 2 vs Argyri 1: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (20) + 5 + (4) = 292d10 + 2 ⇒ (2, 9) + 2 = 13
Vet 2 vs Argyri 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + (2) = 221d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
AC 17 Vet 2 has 45 -5 = 40 damage


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

vs Vet 2

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (14) + (3) + 8 = 25
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12

Hit: 1d20 + 1d4 + 8 ⇒ (9) + (2) + 8 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 = 14

Add 3 bludgeoning damage to first hit

Tarn stayed on his feet...just barely. His pride kept him on his feet, as he was unwilling to go down again right after his comrades had got him back up. Glaring at the veteran whose blade was stuck in his side, he raised his hammer...and swung it at the man's companion. If he thought this was a duel then he was sorely mistaken. The only way they were going to survive is if they fought as a team, and that meant using their numbers to bring the enemies down.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

[ooc] 24 -6(13/2) -6 = 12/42 HP

"Wooot!!!" Argyri crows when Kwin's magic brings the hearty dwarf back to his feet...and she whoops even louder when the dwarf delivers the final blow. "Thank you, Kwin! Thank you, Fharlanghn!...and GO GO GO Mister Copperlocks!!"

Despite her own loss of blood, their victory over the captain emboldens her and she returns her focus to the one who'd been attacking her, scoring a solid jab with her rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 + 1d4 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (3) = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (7) + 5 + (2, 3, 4) = 21
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (1) = 13 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


* Saltmarsh *

Dru, Kwin, Badger


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger hops up the stairs a few paces to shoot over his allies at the foes again. Aiming for the one that looks closest to death.

Shortbow 1: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + (3) = 27
Shortbow 2: 1d20 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + (2) = 18
Damage 1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Hunter's Mark: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Damage 2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla will begin her song, as she does she casts her spell summoning a blade of solid shadow. As it coalesces she will help her dwarven companion.

Shadow Blade

Shadowblade:
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

You weave together threads of shadow to create a sword of solidified gloom in your hand. This magic sword lasts until the spell ends. It counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. It deals 2d8 psychic damage on a hit and has the finesse, light, and thrown properties (range 20/60). In addition, when you use the sword to attack a target that is in dim light or darkness, you make the attack roll with advantage.

If you drop the weapon or throw it, it dissipates at the end of the turn. Thereafter, while the spell persists, you can use a bonus action to cause the sword to reappear in your hand.

Shadwo Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Psychic Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Crit: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Her song not fully formed she Attacks the crossbow man with fierce determination.


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Kwin keeps the stout dwarf between him and the evil horde as he continues to rain his god's blessings on them.

Tarn gets another cure wounds (1st slot) 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9. Maintains bless.


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn stayed on his feet...just barely. His pride kept him on his feet, as he was unwilling to go down again right after his comrades had got him back up. Glaring at the veteran whose blade was stuck in his side, he raised his hammer...and swung it at the man's companion. If he thought this was a duel then he was sorely mistaken. The only way they were going to survive is if they fought as a team, and that meant using their numbers to bring the enemies down.
AC 17 Vet 2 takes 15 +40 = 55 damage and dead
AC 17 Vet 3 takes 14 damage

"Wooot!!!" Argyri crows when Kwin's magic brings the hearty dwarf back to his feet...and she whoops even louder when the dwarf delivers the final blow. "Thank you, Kwin! Thank you, Fharlanghn!...and GO GO GO Mister Copperlocks!!" Despite her own loss of blood, their victory over the captain emboldens her and she returns her focus to the one who'd been attacking her, scoring a solid jab with her rapier.
AC 17 Vet 3 takes 21 +14 = 35 damage

Badger hops up the stairs a few paces to shoot over his allies at the foes again. Aiming for the one that looks closest to death.
AC 17 Vet 3 takes 12 +7 +9 +35 = 62 damage and dead

OK There are no bad guys blocking the stairs or in sight. Everyone has a move, and Drusilla can get that spell back and take a full round. The map is behind the link. You have 15 feet before the wall and at least a caster on either side in the blind spot


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger sidles down behind Tarn, "The two of ye swarm the caster on the right. I'll watch yer back from the one on the left."


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn really wished that he had more magic left in him. Something to get in the way of the blades that would certainly be coming at them. Nodding, he pulled out a potion and chugged it down.

Potion of Healing: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7
If he has time then drinking his second and last: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

”Right. Let’s do this.” Feeling much better be prepared to lead the charge.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla moves past the dying veteran and summons forth her spell. A black blade forms. As she does she leaps from the corner and strikes hoping to strike the spell caster down with her blade.

Slice: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Psychic Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn can drink 1 potion this round as a Use Object. And only Drusilla is turning a corner? Just checking before I take my turn.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Seeing Tarn–and looking at the blood staining her leather armor–Argyri nods. "Bottom's up!"

Healing Potion: 2d4 + 2 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 12 = 17 17/42 HP

I'll stay near the front of the pack going down too...but a bit more cautiously since I'm still very low. Hopefully we'll find a reasonable place to take a short rest soon!


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Kwin casts a healing spell on Drusilla, and then lifts his shield again, ready to follow the warriors in.

Drusilla, take a cure wounds for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 healing.

GM, if I still have time left on bless when everyone is ready to go, I'll maintain it for whatever is left. If not, I'll cast guidance on Argyri.


* Saltmarsh *

Sorry for the wait. This round got way to complicated trying to give you the balance of Moves and action after the last guards dropped. To be clear, many of your extra actions have to wait.

Badger sidles down behind Tarn, "The two of ye swarm the caster on the right. I'll watch yer back from the one on the left."

Tarn really wished that he had more magic left in him. Something to get in the way of the blades that would certainly be coming at them. Nodding, he pulled out a potion and chugged it down.
Use Object = Potion of Healing: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

”Right. Let’s do this.” Feeling much better be prepared to lead the charge.

Seeing Tarn–and looking at the blood staining her leather armor–Argyri nods. "Bottom's up!"
Use Object = Healing Potion: 2d4 + 2 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 + 12 = 17 17/42 HP

Drusilla moves past the dying veteran and summons forth her spell. A black blade forms. As she does she leaps from the corner and strikes hoping to strike the spell caster down with her blade.
Right is 1: 1d2 ⇒ 1

She turns the corner of the stairwell and has fifteen feet of room to the nearest wall. She sees four open doorways and a man in robes who she cuts down.
Spellcaster dead

Inside the doorway nearest to the stairwell wall, she's an older man in robes wearing a golden medallion and surrounded by translucent demons flitting around him. He casts two spells at Drusilla. First, magical dagger appears next to her and tries to stab her in the back. Second, he launches hellfire at her.
Spiritual Weapon vs Dru: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Sacred Flame Dex DC 13: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Party up! So, Drusilla turned right into the room. She killed the spellcaster aiding the guards and provoked a more experienced cleric who stands in the doorway of the room nearest the stairs. Meaning, only one in melee with him.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Dex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Concentration: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Advantage: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Drusilla's song fully forms the wounds not slowing and neither did the flames. Bonus Action: Bladesinging, AC is now AC20 +10 feet speed, Advantage on Acrobatics checks, and Add +4 to COncentration checks to maintain sells

As she moves in she throws the blade at him.

Thrown Blade: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Advanrage if dim light or darkness: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Psychic Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Unable to get into grips with the enemy due to the choke point, Tarn willed his hammer to change shape into a longbow. Getting into position to fire, he was ready to do what he could. If the enemy wanted to hold positions, he would make them pay.

No spellslots and injured. Best to let another person melee at the doorway


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

So there is only one foe left?


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

I'm not 100% sure I understood that description, but it sounds like Dru is in melee...and we need to move if we want to join her. Did I get that right? Are there limits to how many of us can get around the remaining 1 foe?

Argyri follows Drusilla down the stairs and attempts to fence in the remaining cultist, and then skewer them on her rapier.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (6, 3, 5) = 23
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


* Saltmarsh *

Only one can be in melee, and you cannot get around the evil cleric who is in a doorway. You can only see one, because you went right. Maybe there are more foes left? Drusilla stayed at range, as I read her post.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Seeing the bottle neck Badger looks around making sure the only target is in the doorway. Seeing no other issue he nocks and arrow and lets fly.

Shortbow 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Shortbow 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage 1: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 2: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 2


* Saltmarsh *

As she moves in Drusilla throws the blade at him but misses in the bright light.

Unable to get into grips with the enemy due to the choke point, Tarn willed his hammer to change shape into a longbow. Getting into position to fire, he was ready to do what he could. If the enemy wanted to hold positions, he would make them pay.

Argyri follows Drusilla down the stairs and attempts to fence in the remaining cultist, and then skewer them on her rapier.
Wis DC 13: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Spirit Guardians: 3d8 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) = 8 Argyri takes 8 damage
Ozy takes 23 damage

Seeing the bottle neck Badger looks around making sure the only target is in the doorway. Seeing no other issue he nocks and arrow and lets fly killing the high priest.
Ozy takes 19 +23 = 42 damage and dead

All the doors that you see are open. The only two doors that you do not see are the two against the north wall on the right side of the room. It's eerily quiet after all the combat.

Player's up


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla summoned back the blade and gestured for one of the doors, hoping Argyri gets to it to open it. Her blade was ready and her song was on her lips. Should anyone come for them she would slash at them.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"Oooof!" Argyri growns as she gets smacked by the cleric's magic

Arygri looks around, and hears the eerie quiet, and says, "Hey, I think this is the first moment since we got on those stairs when we've had a chance to pause...and unless someone has major healing magic to offer, I could really use a breather. I'm pretty wrecked right now, and I bet Tarn's in even rougher shape.

"What do yall think of us finding a defensible spot–back up the stairs, or maybe a side room here–and give ourselves a chance to rest up before we face whoever's next?"

HP 17-8 = only 9 HP left


* Saltmarsh *

Only one round. You’re still in initiative.


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"You only get one life. I guarantee." Badger nods in agreement.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Seeing everyone else nod, Argyri leads the way back up the stairs, looking to block the door and see if they can get away with recuperating for a bit, before pressing on.


* Saltmarsh *

OK. Let’s restart this party. Everyone short rest and let’s go.

You tactically retreat back outside among the blackened, fire-ruined abbey. You move far enough away from the exit of the stairwell to keep an eye on it along with the rest of the scrub-filled island. You huddle together for an hour to lick your wounds and retool.

Party up!


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger moves about anxiously eyes darting about warily as the others bandage up.

1 to 50 of 1,867 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.