SFS Salvation's End and After

Game Master therealthom

An intrepid band of adventurers works to save the Starfinders lost in the Scoured Stars and explore Salvation's End.

Maps, etc ...


1 to 50 of 990 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Maps, etc...

Dot in here.

Wayfinders

Tenry enters the scene wearing his counselor clothes, carefully hiding his second skin underneath. Inside his coat, a careful observer can see the hilt of some kind of energy weapon. He greets everyone in a peculiar way, smiling warmly and topping his bowler hat, and saying the opposite greeting for the time of day (if it is morning, he says good evening, if it is afternoon or evening, he says good morning).

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Idir follows shortly after, his hooves tapping across the floor quietly, his eyestalks darting from entrance to entrance of the room. When Tenry greets him with the wrong time of day, he grimaces and gives a low "grrhmm" noise.

"Is your...is your chrono not working?"

He's dressed in very conservative, professional-looking clothes. If Tenry's been around the Lorespire's offices often, he's probably seen Idir working at his terminal or running reports between other Starfinders.

Wayfinders

No, Tenty states, My chrono is working perfectly fine, thank you for the concern. He leaves it at that, giving a polite nod to Idir. He then continues, My name is Dr. Tenry Borgins, though as it appears we will be coworkers, Tenry should suffice.

Wayfinders

| SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 15| Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, Diplo: +6, Culture: +5, LS: +5, Intimidate: +6

Quietly at the back of the room a jet black Yskoi comes walking into the room. His armor is dirty and worn and obviously well used. Around his forearm you see a bright red circlet that emits a soft hum. The Ysoki simply walks to the back of the room to take seat. As he is greeted with the wrong time of day, he simply chuckles to himself and nods at Tenry.

Wayfinders

Shirren Mystic / 1

A Shirren enters the area carrying a staff and wearing a simple workers outfit. His mandibles click away as he says "Greetings soft shells. My name is Nic Nack, I am having pleasure being here and working with all of you."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"Idir, of the Herd Fernas. Formerly of the Absalom Huddle, but that no longer truly applies as I am the last member of said Huddle left on this station," Idir replies. His voice is a low baritone, and he seems to overpronounce his words in a way that implies Common is not his first language.

Dataphiles

Izalguun | Cyberborn | Technomancer -2- / Soldier -1- | Perception +0 | Initiative=0 SP=23, HP=23| EAC=16 KAC=19| F=3, R=0, W=5, RP=4

Large Centaur-like quadruped creature enters the hall smoothly (for it's weight). Thy moves are strong and steady. But his gaze is a little abscent.
Almost whole body covered with Light gray wide cloak with dark red stripes and Second Skin underneath ..
Greenish-gray skiny visible bodyparts.
Hammerlike head protected by dark red helmet with and white spiral at the top and three slits - for eyes and vertical-orient mouth. Helnet bvioulsy not simple...
Left hand holds a red-wooden battlestaff.

A creature grows up from 5 to 8 feet when stands tall at back pair of legs and says Tundergun I am. You? Good day? Do you know what expects us ahead? .

Izalguun stands back at his 4 limbs, lookig at starfinders as if he scans them.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Idir jumps as Thundergun enters the room, making a startled grunt and looking up at the towering figure before attempting to regain his composure.

"Um...Idir. Pleased to meet you, Thundergun...I apologize for the reaction, as I have never encountered a person of your species before. As to your other questions, it is a comparatively good day as I am still alive and immeasurably grateful for that. And for what to expect, I have no idea, as my primary occupation among the Starfinders was clerical and my expectations of the very near future may not be reflective of the eventual reality."

Thundergun can see Idir's nervousness practically broadcasted.

"Your species is not...predatory by nature, is it?"

Wayfinders

Tenry places a calming hand on Idri’s shoulder and whispers, Calm down my young friend. I’m sure the Starfinder’s wouldn’t have recruited someone who might harm his companions. He stands up straight and greets the newest member of the party the same as he has everyone else, with the opposite time of day, but then adds, About all I know of our taking here is exploration and research. The fact that the Starfinders felt necessary to have medical expertise on this voyage shows me that they know our mission will be dangerous, but I hope my skills won’t be needed that much.

Wayfinders

| SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 15| Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, Diplo: +6, Culture: +5, LS: +5, Intimidate: +6

As the quadruped creature enters the room, my eyes begin to glow in wonder. I grab my datapad from my pack and begin to jot down some notes. I haven't even had my first mission with the Starfinders yet and already I've run into a species I've never met before.

A slight smile crosses the Ysoki's face. I definitely made the right choice getting out of there.

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

- Dangerous as hell, I suppose! Why else someone gonna call me?!

With these words, nuar enters the room. He smokes big (and cheap judging by the smell) cigar and equipped with huge heavy laser. It looks like he just took it from a spaceship and adapted it by himself for use with hands.

- Name's Kuozar! In my homeworld they called me Kuozar of Steel be... You know, I really like steel! - with this words he strokes his gun. His fur is unusual dark and his voice sounds low, with a hoarseness and a light growl.

- Ha! You're powerful, buddy! What are you? - Kuozar pushes Thundergun with his fist and laughs.

UPD: Changed post a little bit. I'm still working on character and his behaviour.

Dataphiles

Izalguun | Cyberborn | Technomancer -2- / Soldier -1- | Perception +0 | Initiative=0 SP=23, HP=23| EAC=16 KAC=19| F=3, R=0, W=5, RP=4

Centaur-like Thundergun makes a sign to Idir to be cool, as everything's fine.

You complains and emotions are interesting, but not necessary. I am the only one of my kin in this solar system, as far as I know. Another hypothesis is that I am dead and all this is just a delusion of convulsive brain. But lets stay optimistic. , Thundergun observes others, especially small ysoki. And later faces nuar's gaze and question:
I am izalguun, horned Kuozar. But that's sureluly not a charateristic. Your question is too wide to find an answer easily. But I am powerful, that is true. I am united with Power. But... I am not medic. , - last sentence changed creaky and slow izalguun's speech intonation to less philisophic.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.
Kuozar of Steel wrote:

- Dangerous as hell, I suppose! Why else someone gonna call me?!

With these words, nuar enters the room. He smokes big (and cheap judging by the smell) cigar and equipped with huge heavy laser. It looks like he just took it from a spaceship and adapted it by himself for use with hands.

Idir grimaces again, this time at the nonchalant smoking, but only says "That isn't very reassuring, fellow ungulate."

Thundergun wrote:

Centaur-like Thundergun makes a sign to Idir to be cool, as everything's fine.

"You complains and emotions are interesting, but not necessary. I am the only one of my kin in this solar system, as far as I know. Another hypothesis is that I am dead and all this is just a delusion of convulsive brain. But lets stay optimistic."

Idir doesn't visibly relax, but smiles a bit.

"Um...thank you. I guess that means we have something in common after all, as I am currently the sole dromada in the Pact Worlds as far as I am aware."

Wayfinders

Shirren Mystic / 1

Nic nack get close to Kuozar, watching him inhale the smoke.
"Does it please you to see how slowly you can die. Is it just plant matter you smoke or do you smoke other substances as well?"


Cookie Jar Pilferer 9 ; Dimensional Explorer 4

A propitious meeting of new graduates of the Starfinder Academy, you mingle after the matriculation until receiving a message to report to the Lorespire Complex, Door S12.

As the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, a green holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room. “Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Wayfinders

Shirren Mystic / 1

Nic Nack steps forward to be the first to make the first choice of being a pathfinder. After using a cheek swab and placing it into the receptacle. Nic nack moves over to the glowing panel. "This is so exciting. Do you desire or don't you? What a choice, I think.....I will. Nic nack says gleefully as he places his hand on the panel receiving the implant.

Nic Nack steps aside to watch what the others in the group. Eagerly he watches to see what choices the others will make. As each person makes their choice Nic nack applauds them for the one they pick.

Wayfinders

The doctor is next, taking his cheek swab and then getting his hand imprinted. Hope they have a way to reverse this in the event I get called to a real hospital. Field work has never been my desire.

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

- Idir, why do you think so? It's all for the sake of science! I design these babies... - he strokes the huge laser again - ...and conduct field experiments, so to speak! More than reassuring, I think! Rrrr! - Kuozar turns his attention to shirren - Nic Nack, life is full of dangers! I do not believe that you need to deny yourself a small pleasure in order to prolong a life that may end tomorrow. Why do I think so? Boy, our employers lost three-quarters of their personnel in an unknown star system, and this was an operation they'd spent a long time preparing for. Can you imagine what they usually do? We're in deep s$#+, man. But what can I do! We're already here, so I'll keep smoking. Do you want a cigar too? - he hands one to the shirren amiably. - Thundergun, I've never heard about izalguuns. I like you style anyway. Steel, might, modern technologies and a philosophical view of things, hah! That's enough to respect.

With such words Kuozar goes with you to the door S12...

- I think this implant can be removed, if anything. For now, let it be. - he reaches for the device after Tenry moves away.

Wayfinders

| SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 15| Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, Diplo: +6, Culture: +5, LS: +5, Intimidate: +6

As the large Nuar addresses the room, Xikko scurries on all fours between the Nuars legs towards the counter. As is usual, the Society placed the swabs in bins just to high for the Ysoki. Not to be deterred, Xikko jumps on the counter to grab the swab, then jumps between Nic Nac and Tenry over to the panel for the implant, then back down to the floor in one fluid motion. As soon as he hits the floor he tosses the swab into the receptacle, stands back up on his hind legs and proceeds down the hall towards the door S12.

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

- Fast one, heh. - Kuozar looks after Xikko, a little puzzled but without any disapproval.

Wayfinders

| SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 15| Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, Diplo: +6, Culture: +5, LS: +5, Intimidate: +6

Xikko looks (waaaaay) up at the Nuar.

"The universe is vast, but time is fleeting. The sooner we finish with these minor protocols, the sooner we can get off Absalom and back out there."

The Ysoki turns his head even further up as the final words trail off.

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

- Another philosopher. Charming. Hmmm... Hey, Tenri, is this your 'wrong time', which you seem to know about.. is it also some kind of philosophy? - nuar says hoarsely, puffing on his cigar as if chewing it.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.
Kuozar of Steel wrote:
- Idir, why do you think so? It's all for the sake of science! I design these babies... - he strokes the huge laser again - ...and conduct field experiments, so to speak! More than reassuring, I think! Rrrr!

"While I would indeed take some small comfort from the sight of your huge, powerful, death-dealing gun, which being my friend you would certainly feel compelled to use in order to save me from any hostile lifeforms who threatened me with death, I would take even greater comfort in not encountering such hostile lifeforms in the first place. In any event, beggars cannot be choosers."

Idir clops over to Guidance's terminal and provides the requisite cheek swab and places his hand on the subdermal implant device.

Wayfinders

Not so much, Tenry replies, To many times I have observed that people don’t really listen anymore, they go with the flow. 9 times out of ten, when I greet someone with the wrong time of day, they simply greets me and continue moving, not realizing my “mistake” because they weren’t really listening. It’s quite fascinating to me to witness this. I dare you to try it some time.

seriously, I do this at work. For the first few days, when I would go in at 11PM and greet people with “good morning” they would say good evening and keep moving. After a while they started catching on. Where sitting at the main entrance to our building in the morning, I’d say good evening as people walked in, again mostly getting good morning in return. After a while more and more people would start to catch on as repeated exposure caused them to actually start hearing what was said,

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"That lack of situational awareness is INCREDIBLY dangerous, Dr. Borgens!" Idir exclaims when Tenry explains himself. "Dromadas like me, we always try to keep alert at all times, so we can see any threat to the herd coming. If one dromada must lower their head to graze, another must raise their head up to maintain watch. It's what enabled us to evolve from the most plentiful prey animal on Dromaritia to its dominant sapient species. I'm glad you at least understand the importance of that kind of awareness. We will be able to protect one another most admirably."

Wayfinders

Shirren Mystic / 1

Once the gleefully Nic nack has witnessed what choices everyone has made, he fallows them to the next room. "What choices will they make this time?" He says to himself.

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

Tenry, what an amazing story! Thanks for sharing.

Dataphiles

Izalguun | Cyberborn | Technomancer -2- / Soldier -1- | Perception +0 | Initiative=0 SP=23, HP=23| EAC=16 KAC=19| F=3, R=0, W=5, RP=4

As all the team move, Thundergun proceeds the last to have a better view and opportunity to gaze around.
When Guidance suggest an implant, he's will to receive it at the middle right limb.
No applauses needed. Implanting neither holiday nor a good speech , -izalguun nods to Nic.
He continues humming as everyone recieve their imlants and just there after bravely comes closer the swab and stands tall at his 2 again.

Complicated things require philosophy sometimes. Technology is complicated. And sometimes morally... Mmm... discussible. For example: can we clone a genius? Should we share national or ancestors technology with other kin? Techno progress for people or against them in a long-term process? - adds Thundergun as team proceed to S12 Door! He obvioudlsly tryin to be leser if surrounded by smaller races.


Maps, etc...

A clipboard appears in Guidance's hands and she makes notes while the party gives samples and accepts implants. Once you're through the holographic AI continues.

“It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.”

Guidance goes on to describe the various factions and leaders within the Starfinders.

Spoiled to avoid a massive wall of text :

THE ACQUISITIVES
Leader Radaszam “The Dealmaker”; Location Nyori Palisades
The Acquisitives represent the result of Luwazi Elsebo’s efforts to hold the Society together by hiring mercenaries to fill the role of missing Starfinders. Many mercenaries realized that the Society was a far more lucrative venture—both monetarily and in terms of popularity—than their old line of work. The faction’s current leader, Radaszam, is concerned with maintaining the organization’s public-facing reputation, as well as the reputation and fame of those Starfinders directly serving the Acquisitives’ interests.

THE DATAPHILES
Leader Historia-7; Location Lorespire Complex
The Dataphiles cherish information above all else, seeing themselves as the guardians of any knowledge obtained by the Starfinder Society. Their leader, Historia-7, promotes a belief in superiority through the acquisition and controlled dispersal of information. While cataloguing and data searching are necessities in this faction, the Dataphiles are known to employ less technologically savvy combat experts to procure information.

THE EXO-GUARDIANS
Leader Zigvigix; Location None (Downlow)
The Exo-Guardians are made up of Pact Worlds citizens who are concerned for the safety of their home, and who act to ensure that safety. They believe that the best defense is a strong offense, and they work to build up a stockpile of magic and technology to deter external threats. Most of the faction’s operatives were lost in the Scoured Stars. The Exo Guardians utilize lower-grade installations within the Pact Worlds, having lost their headquarters and many of their operations in the aftermath of the disaster.

THE WAYFINDERS
Leader Fitch; Location The Armada (Master of Stars)
The Wayfinders are Starfinders who adhere to the Society’s primary mission of exploration. The most transitory of the Society’s membership, the Wayfinders are dedicated to exploring the Vast and maintain few direct ties to the Pact Worlds. Wayfinders specialize in both exploration and first-contact scenarios, thriving on the thrill of the unknown and the monumental task of meeting new species.


Maps, etc...

Results of culture checks regarding life on Absalom Station. PCs learn all of the information with a DC less than or equal to the result of their check.

Culture DC 5:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

Culture DC 10:
People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

Culture DC 15:
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

Results of diplomacy checks to gather information about life on Absalom Station. PCs learn all of the information with a DC less than or equal to the result of their check.

Diplomacy DC 5:
Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

Diplomacy DC 10:
The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

Diplomacy DC 15:
Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile.

And I believe that you all now have one of these:

Society Subdermal Graft:

As part of the PCs’ induction into the Starfinder Society, they can accept a permanent augmentation into one of their hands or appendages. This graft is free and the PCs retain it beyond this scenario, as detailed on the Chronicle sheet.
SOCIETY SUBDERMAL GRAFT
SYSTEM : Hand
MODEL LEVEL PRICE : Single 1 150
This implant rests underneath the skin of the palm of one hand, or at the end of a tentacle or similar appendage in species that lack hands. The augmentation can be activated or deactivated mentally as a swift action. Activating the implant causes a rendition of the Starfinder Society’s symbol to glow underneath the skin. This augmentation acts as a mark, letting others know you are a member of the Starfinder Society. It also increases the light level within 5 feet by one step while active.

Wayfinders

Tenry gives a quick thought and activates his augmentation, then checks the site for any kind of infection. Satisfied all is normal, he gives a second thought and deactivates it. This should come in quite handy. Tenry says to no one in particular, then he looks to Guidance and asks in an inquisitive tone, I would assume you have our first mission ready?

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

- If we have a choice, I would start with Radaszam. He's my employer, after all. I haven't even seen him personally.

Dataphiles

Izalguun | Cyberborn | Technomancer -2- / Soldier -1- | Perception +0 | Initiative=0 SP=23, HP=23| EAC=16 KAC=19| F=3, R=0, W=5, RP=4

Thundergun tests the new augumentation by swithcing it on and off couple times. Humming a bit calms down and tryin to reminds something useful.

Culture Untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
People here are different. But amenable towards Starfinders. So we can probably use recieved augumentations in order to make a starting impression or make an introduction. So, what task should we deal with, Guidance? Or will we recieve it from mentioned factions? Radasazam sounds fine to visit'm.

Wayfinders

All truths be told,Tenry chimes in, I'm not much of a leader in circumstances such as this, however, if given a vote, I say we should look into what Fitch has to say. After all, what are Starfinders if not explorers of the Galaxy. And who knows, perhaps our mission could direct us towards other leaders goals as well. Tenry stops for a moment, as if lost in his thoughts. Ah yes, the chance to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life, and new civilizations... He trails off in wonderment for a moment before snapping back to reality. Eh, what do I know, I'm just a Doctor, not a Starship Captain.

Wayfinders

| SP 7/7 HP 11/11 | RP3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 15| Fort +2; Ref +1; Will +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +4, Diplo: +6, Culture: +5, LS: +5, Intimidate: +6

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"I have no preference to who we work with. Word on the street is there is an upcoming junkrace that might be entertaining to attend if we have time and the kids on the street seem very interested in some new Sugar Pop band, however, that's never quite been my style."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Idir nods at Xikko-Gimry's statement.

"I'd heard that too. Strawberry Machine Cake, I believe. Not my preferred style of music either, I find the Absalom Station Symphony Orchestra much more relaxing personally."

He strokes his muzzle a bit as he thinks on their choices.

"I'd recommend speaking with Historia-7 first, as I've encountered her a few times before whilst assisting the Dataphiles with data entry, but that is only a recommendation."

Wayfinders

Shirren Mystic / 1

CULTURE: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

"Oh, so many choices to pick from. What to pick, What to pick. Hmmm, I have received assignments form Fitch before. But how about we just go and visit them all? We could start with Radaszam since two other would like to see that one first, Then we could make our way to Fitch and then to Historia-7 and finally end up speaking with Zigvigix. What do you all think?"
Making such a large choice sends shivers through Nic nack.

Acquisitives

m CN nuar Mechanic 4 [Mercenary] | sp 24/28 | hp 30/30 | rp 4/4 | EAC 19 KAC 20 | F+4 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6 | DV60'

- As Nick Nak said. Let’s move on! I have other things to do in the evening, so let’s not waste our time.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"Very well, gentlesapients," says Idir. "Historia-7's right here at the Lorespire most times, so we can finish meeting with her quickly. Follow me!"

He begins escorting the party to the Archives.

Wayfinders

Hold on my small friend Tenry speaks up as Idir tries to lead the party out the door. Historia might be located here at the complex, but so far more votes have gone to Radaszam, suggesting that the party is more in line with his missions than (hers?), and we’ve yet to hear if Guidance herself doesn’t have a mission for us first.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

Idir turns around.

"I'm sorry, I just figured from how the others were speaking we wanted to proceed through these meetings efficiently. All the other...um...syndicate leaders are out in other parts of Absalom Station, so it'll take some time to reach them. Radaszam's up in the Eye, Zigvigix is down in the Spike, and Fitch isn't even ON the Station proper, she's on a ship somewhere in the Armada!"


Maps, etc...
Tenry wrote:

Tenry gives a quick thought and activates his augmentation, then checks the site for any kind of infection. Satisfied all is normal, he gives a second thought and deactivates it. This should come in quite handy. Tenry says to no one in particular, then he looks to Guidance and asks in an inquisitive tone, I would assume you have our first mission ready?

Thundergun wrote:
"People here are different. But amenable towards Starfinders. So we can probably use recieved augumentations in order to make a starting impression or make an introduction. So, what task should we deal with, Guidance? Or will we recieve it from mentioned factions? Radasazam sounds fine to visit'm."

Lots more very excellent debate ...

Idir wrote:
"I'm sorry, I just figured from how the others were speaking we wanted to proceed through these meetings efficiently. All the other...um...syndicate leaders are out in other parts of Absalom Station, so it'll take some time to reach them. Radaszam's up in the Eye, Zigvigix is down in the Spike, and Fitch isn't even ON the Station proper, she's on a ship somewhere in the Armada!"

Guidance speaks into the small siilence left after Idir's statement.

"Tenry, your assumption is inaccurate. Only the Venture Captains have tasks for you today. Idir has stated the most efficient progression of Venture Captains, based on their working locations."

Not an endorsement of Idir's proposed order, just a statement of fact. It's totally up to ya'll.

Wayfinders

In that case, since we get our missions from them, I would succeed in Idir’s idea about visiting Historia first, then seeing where her mission takes us.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"Thank you, Guidance," Idir replies. "And thank you, Dr. Borgens. Again, I wasn't attempting to override the group's decision, I thought I was accommodating it. I'm sorry if it sounded like me taking leadership. Leadership is terrifying."

Dataphiles

Izalguun | Cyberborn | Technomancer -2- / Soldier -1- | Perception +0 | Initiative=0 SP=23, HP=23| EAC=16 KAC=19| F=3, R=0, W=5, RP=4

Historia sounds as a confident person. With historical background or full of knowledge of the past. Fine. Let's try to visit her. Lead us, Idir.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Male LG dromada bureaucrat envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 3/3 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +6; Will +4 | Init: +3 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None.

"Oh she certainly is, Thundergun," Idir comments as he begins leading them to the Archives. "Maybe even a little TOO confident. She intimidates me."

Thundergun gets the distinct impression that a lot of people intimidate Idir.

Wayfinders

Tenry follows along smiling to himself. For a guy that fears leadership, he sure likes leading. He makes a mental note of this for if a time ever comes that his fear starts to overwhelm him. To remind him of this time, when he ignored his fear and just did something.


Maps, etc...

Seems like you've shifted to Historia. I'm rolling with that.

Culture, DC 12, Idir gets a +2 bonus:

Historia-7, a female android mechanic manages the activities of the Dataphiles within the Archives compound of the Lorespire Complex. She took on her name when she became an apprentice to the former head of the Dataphiles, the reclusive Historia-6.

Culture, DC 14, Idir gets a +2 bonus:

Historia-7 has become somewhat obsessed with the idea that other organizations are somehow responsible for withholding data relating to the Scoured Stars. As a result, much of the Dataphiles’ current operations involve the active investigation and infiltration of other institutions, both within and beyond the Pact Worlds.

The Lorespire Complex, home and heart of the Starfinder Society, is a striking campus dedicated to knowledge. Communal labs and historical departments study the Archives’ massive collection of artifacts and texts, gathered by generations of agents from across the galaxy. A quick search of the directory indicates Historia-7 frequents the Archives’ Cortex, a computerized matrix containing digital records of the Starfinder Society’s most prominent discoveries.

The android reclines on a raised chair and is plugged into the local infosphere when the doors open. The neural cables detach themselves from her neck as she swivels in her seat to address the new arrivals.
“Greetings, Starfinders,” she says calmly. “I am Historia-7. If you are seeking a mission from me, please be aware that my request requires both discretion and speed. Do not accept it if you feel incapable of working within these parameters.

“I discovered someone recently hacked into Bluerise Tower’s computer systems and stole a large amount of sensitive data from the resident corporations. I wish to be privy to this information. I managed to trace the hacker’s location through many proxies and erased the trail so that station and corporate security should be delayed in their pursuit. This deception will not fool them for long, so you must move quickly to retrieve the data before they can recover it. I will leave you to decide what to do with the hacker afterward, but should it be feasible, I believe that person would be an asset to the Society.”

Culture DC 12:

Bluerise Tower is a private office structure maintained by multiple corporations and legally protected to the point that even Absalom Station’s Stewards have difficulty entering.

Wayfinders

hmm… sounds simple enough I guess. Tenry chimes and looks to his fellow companions.

1 to 50 of 990 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / tt's The Scoured Stars Story Arc All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.