Game Master S's "On the Trail of History" [Tier 3-6] (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | Handouts |
Starfinder Ships | Ship Roles

Initiative:

[dice=Hostiles]d20+[/dice]
[dice=Kat5e]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Mustachio]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ohmarc]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Rahdokama]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Z Data Z]d20+2[/dice]


51 to 100 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 The enemy flies STRAIGHT towards you!

Take both Engineering and Helm phases now.

Acquisitives

Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
Skills:
Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

"Bringing us in, danger close! Get ready Rahdokama!" The android calls out.

As the enemy ship comes dashing up to the Drake, Kat guns the thrusters and dives at their target, pulling up and just skimming over it's hull as she passes.

Piloting, Stunt; Flyby (DC21?): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Rahdokama should be able to make their front attack.

Flyby Rules:

The ship moves as normal, but it can move through 1 hex occupied by an enemy starship without provoking a free attack (as described in Moving through Other starships). During the following gunnery phase, you can select one arc of your starship’s weapons to fire at the enemy vessel as if the vessel were in close range (treat the range as 1 hex), against any quadrant of the enemy starship. To perform this stunt, you must succeed at a Piloting check (DC = 15 + 1–1/2 × the tier of the enemy starship). If you fail this check, your starship still moves as described above, but you follow the normal rules for attacking (based on your starship’s final position and distance), and the movement provokes a free attack from that starship as normal.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 10: Speed:30, Init:6, SP:80/80, HP:54/54, RP:9/9, EAC:27, KAC:24, Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:7, Perc:9

Rahdokama Did your roll include my lock on? Or was that 20 already a hit. Cause if you forgot to include my science officer lock on actions, that puts that 20 to hit to a 22 to hit if that makes a difference.

Now that we've done some damage to enemy ship, I will no longer lock on. Instead I will use my science officer actions to target their power core for when we do crit computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Exo-Guardians

M Vesk 5 | Solarion
Tag:
LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

"Aha! Great shot Mustachio! Now this is getting fun!" the vesk smiles, and takes his fly by shot as they pass.
FlyBy: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 214d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 7, 6, 4) + 1 = 23


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The ships bravely pass each other blasting away with everything they've got. Kat5e's fancy flying is crazy enough to shed the nanites from the rocket. Rahdokama's aim is also dead on. The shot blasts through whatever shields they had recovered and damages the helm a little more.

The alien craft also lights up the sky:
Gunner 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 but misses! They don't seem to have any guns on the aft, only the turret!

Ohmarc (Captain): Go
Z Data Z (Science Officer): Lock on
Kat5e (Pilot): Flyby
Rahdokama (Gunner): Hit
Mustachio (Gunner): Go

GM:

Enemy
Dice roll syntax.  Not official rolls
Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Captain Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Gunner 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Gunner 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17
Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
------------------------------------
Damage Sustained: 31
Ship Status: Sensors (-2 Science) glitch.
Shields: 70
  • Forward 0
  • Starboard 14
  • Port 14
  • Aft 14
  • Wayfinders

    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:

    "Thar she blows, me hearties!" says Mustachio, lapsing into his pirate character.

    turret missile launcher using computer point: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 154d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 1, 5) = 15

    Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    "That was close, let's try and stay on it's tail. See about those front shields" Kat call out.

    Piloting, Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Figues


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Will let Ohmarc go before moving to round 3. You know... in case he can inspire Mustachio...

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Human Mystic 4 SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Spells 1: 4/4 2: 3/3 | F+2 R+1 W+7 | Init+0 | Perc+13

    Ohmarc inspires his new friend Mustachio.

    "Did I ever tell you how impressive your mustache looks? I personally find them much too scratchy! So, what are you shooting at?"

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Ohmarc's quip doesn't really help and he fires the missile without a good lock!

    Round 3
    Initiative
    Combat Role sheets

    If you beat a Piloting: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Take your Engineering Phase. 
    You lose initiative, take your Engineering and Helm Phase.

    Enemy Engineering Phase:
    Captain: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Science: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 = 22 

    GM:

    Enemy
    Dice roll syntax.  Not official rolls
    Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
    Captain Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
    Gunner 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
    Gunner 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
    Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
    Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
    ------------------------------------
    Damage Sustained: 31
    Ship Status: Sensors (-2 Science) glitch.
    Shields: 70
  • Forward 0
  • Starboard 14
  • Port 14
  • Aft 14
  • Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 10: Speed:30, Init:6, SP:80/80, HP:54/54, RP:9/9, EAC:27, KAC:24, Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:7, Perc:9

    Not spending a RP to lock on when we have been hitting with the first attack anyways which is when we usually use it, so instead target their power core. computers: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23

    Wayfinders

    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:

    as I am on the turret, I'll go ahead and attack now as positioning doesn't affect me; let me know if it is too confusing to have people act out of turn.

    "Yarrr, fire me timbers!"

    missile turret using computer point: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 134d8 ⇒ (4, 2, 1, 8) = 15

    dice aren't agreeing anymore


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Still, we need to see what happens in the helm phase before gunnery anyway.

    Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    Sorry about the delay

    Kat tries to bring the front of the ship to bear down on the enemy.

    Piloting, stunt; Flip and burn. DC21: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

    ugh boy. Moved forward 4, didn't change facing


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Data Z targets the power core, but Kat5e and Mustachio are both off target with their control.

    The enemy ship does its best to capitalize on your mistakes Enemy Pilot: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 pulling off the same move that Kat5e tried.

    The enemy opens fire:
    Twin Lasers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 for Aft Arc DMG: 5d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3, 3) = 17
    Vandal Rocket: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 for Aft Arc DMG: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 7) = 20

    The rockets slam into the Starfinder aft! Crit: 1d100 ⇒ 65 glitching the engines! -2 to Pilot actions

    Ohmarc (Captain): Go
    Z Data Z (Science Officer): Target Power
    Kat5e (Pilot): Flip fail
    Rahdokama (Gunner): Go
    Mustachio (Gunner): Miss

    My apologies, I've been assuming one of you have been tracking your ship. Do you need a ship tracking sheet, or do you have it covered?

    Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    Just looked it over, we have 0 front and rear shields, 15 each side. Have taken 47 damage to hull putting us at 38/85. Unless of course I missed something. We need to be working on the shields.

    Round 3 Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

    Exo-Guardians

    M Vesk 5 | Solarion
    Tag:
    LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

    Rahdokama fires the coil gun on the aft of the ship.
    Coilgun: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 274d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3) = 12

    Wayfinders

    Human Mystic 4 SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Spells 1: 4/4 2: 3/3 | F+2 R+1 W+7 | Init+0 | Perc+13

    After not having any luck on Mustachio, Ohmarc continues to encourage Kat5e.

    ”You really are a good pilot. Where did you learn such maneuvers?”

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 10: Speed:30, Init:6, SP:80/80, HP:54/54, RP:9/9, EAC:27, KAC:24, Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:7, Perc:9

    Yeah, we have no engineer to repair the shields and the science officer isn't going to shift the shields. Hold on take from the back, put it to the front. Take from port side and put it to starboard side. Our shields depleted no matter how you look at it. We are always going to have a weak side, so I'm staying on the offensive. Edit, oh right, I'm not up yet.


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    You aren't locked into your jobs. Ignoring shields is a dangerous game.

    Rahdokama aim is perfect as the enemy ship takes the shot full on, as they don't seem to have been able to fix their shields! System Shock: 1d100 ⇒ 69

    Some of those posts look a bit out of sorts. I'm going with Ohmarc's push on helm for round 4.

    Round 4
    Initiative
    Combat Role sheets

    If you beat a Piloting: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 Take your Engineering Phase. Which you did!

    Enemy Engineering Phase:
    Captain: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Science: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 = 12 

    Ohmarc (Captain): Encourage Pilot in Round 4
    Z Data Z (Science Officer): Go
    Kat5e (Pilot): Go

    Rahdokama (Gunner): TBD
    Mustachio (Gunner): TBD

    GM:

    Enemy
    Dice roll syntax.  Not official rolls
    Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
    Captain Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
    Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
    Gunner 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
    Gunner 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
    Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
    Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
    ------------------------------------
    Damage Sustained: 43
    Ship Status: Sensors (-2 Science) glitch, Engines (-2 Pilot) glitch
    Shields: 70
  • Forward 3
  • Starboard 15
  • Port 15
  • Aft 15
  • Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0
    Game Master S wrote:
    You aren't locked into your jobs. Ignoring shields is a dangerous game.

    We are going to be in their front arc for at least 2 turns, and we could be taken out in one. I strongly recommend taking the engineer station.

    Ohmarc Lightwalker wrote:
    ”You really are a good pilot. Where did you learn such maneuvers?”

    "I'm really just making it up as I go here, probably not what you wanted to hear right now. Hold on I'm going to bring us around and work on getting behind them again"

    Piloting, Maneuver, DC21: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 27 Success, Reduced turn to 1

    Kat brings the ship around in a tight arc and burns the engines up approaching the enemy's starboard side.


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 2 = 19 The enemy ship advances with a bit of a chaotic vector to throw off the Starfinder aim.

    Withholding Gunnery phase until all of Engineering phase has completed.

    GM:

    Enemy
    Dice roll syntax.  Not official rolls
    Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
    Captain Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
    Gunner 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
    Gunner 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
    Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 2 = 31
    Science: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
    ------------------------------------
    Damage Sustained: 43
    Ship Status: Sensors (-2 Science) glitch, Engines (-2 Pilot) glitch
    Shields: 70
  • Forward 3
  • Starboard 15
  • Port 15
  • Aft 15
  • Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 10: Speed:30, Init:6, SP:80/80, HP:54/54, RP:9/9, EAC:27, KAC:24, Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:7, Perc:9

    Oh right data has engineering repair front shields. engineer : 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 something special now happens on a 20 in starship combat


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Diverting power to the shields results in 5% (7 points in the Tier 4 Drake's case) of your power being evenly distributed with only the excess going to the forward arc. Arcs which are already at full strength do not receive points, so you have restored 3 to the aft and 4 to the forward.
    Sadly, there is no crit on this check.

    With both ships heading right for each other, they open fire!

    Starfinder Gunnery go!

    Twin Laser: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 MISS!
    Linked Coilguns: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 for DMG: 8d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 1, 4, 2) = 19

    Exo-Guardians

    M Vesk 5 | Solarion
    Tag:
    LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

    Rahdo fires the front energy weapon again, at the enemy ship. "Now we're talking! RAWR!"
    Shoot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 254d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 8) + 1 = 18


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Will resolve once Mustachio fires!

    Wayfinders

    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:

    missile turret using computer point: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 194d8 ⇒ (3, 6, 8, 5) = 22

    i posted days ago and it looks like the forums ate it. sorry about that.


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Both Starfinder salvos slam into the alien ship. System: 1d100 ⇒ 35 The alien weapons catch fire. Sparks and smoke continue to billow out. The ship is limping, but still a lethal danger. Can someone post or link to your current systems? I need to make sure I don't have to roll for CT on your ship.

    Round 4
    Initiative
    Combat Role sheets

    If you beat a Piloting: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 - 2 = 27 Take your Engineering Phase. 
    You lose initiative, take your Engineering and Helm Phase.

    Enemy Engineering Phase:
    Captain: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Science: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 = 23 

    GM:

    Enemy
    Dice roll syntax.  Not official rolls
    Captain Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
    Captain Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Engineer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
    Gunner 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
    Gunner 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
    Pilot Maneuver: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 - 2 = 15
    Science: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 2 = 14
    ------------------------------------
    Damage Sustained: 80
    Ship Status: Sensors (-2 Science) glitch, Engines (-2 Pilot), weapons glitch (-2 gunnery)
    Shields: 70
  • Forward 12
  • Starboard 12
  • Port 12
  • Aft 12
  • Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    I have us at 0/15/15/3 for sheilds, 62 points of hull damage, with Power core and Engines glitching.

    Pilot, Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 I fear our victory hung on that dice roll. I am going to try to land our starboard shields against the enemy. Ship moved ahead 5, turn to starboard and ahead 3.

    Piloting, Stunt;Evade, DC16: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 2 = 17Success, +2 to AC and TL this turn

    Kat keeps the engines burning in an attempt to pull up behind the enemy ship, but her piloting subroutines detect that the enemy pilot has gotten the best of them. She slams her fist into her controls, cursing and swearing at the ship, and tries to keep the lumbering drake loose enough to avoid the enemy guns.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male Android Mercenary Technomancer 10: Speed:30, Init:6, SP:80/80, HP:54/54, RP:9/9, EAC:27, KAC:24, Fort:5, Ref:5, Will:7, Perc:9

    computers: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 2 = 32 We are glitching, so -2 penalty to the roll
    I'm locking on to give our first gunner a +2 boost.
    Remember Kat5e, I have boon that activates once our ship runs out of HP. I regains HP to keep us in for another round


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Enemy Helm: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 2 = 32 The enemy ship slides back, keeping in the aft arc of the Starfinders! It means they can only bring one gun to bear, but its against a weak arc

    Let fly! Gunnery phase open!

    Linked Coil Guns: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 21 for DMG: 8d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 3, 4, 2, 4, 4) = 23

    Acquisitives

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    That brings us down to 0/15/15/0 and 3 HP, that minimal shields saved out bacon for now. Hopefully we won't need that boon!

    Warning lights all across Kat's console flash and buzz their alarm, she silences them with an angry button press. "Quiet, I know! Give 'em hell guys, this might be it!"

    Wayfinders

    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:

    "This is our last missile! Away!"

    1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 94d8 ⇒ (5, 6, 1, 3) = 15

    Exo-Guardians

    M Vesk 5 | Solarion
    Tag:
    LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

    "I dont think we can hold on much longer! Make every shot count!"
    Gunnery: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 1 = 184d8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 8, 7) + 1 = 23


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Mustachio fires a moment before he gets lock, losing the last missile.

    Everyone's heart drops as Rahdokama pulls off the perfect shot! The enemy ship's power dies, and it begins drifting!

    By the skin of their collective teeth, the Starfinders win!

    Out of combat!

    Wayfinders

    Human Mystic 4 SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Spells 1: 4/4 2: 3/3 | F+2 R+1 W+7 | Init+0 | Perc+13

    "Well done, my friends. I must thank you all sincerely for keeping us all intact. Now, are any of you skilled at getting her repaired?"


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    As Ohmarc catches his breath, a massive power surge from the alien vessel blows up your sensors. A few seconds later, the ship explodes! you're confident that it wasn't your doing....

    Dr. Monsylkis’s station hails you, "Um... what was that? Are you alive up there? Hurry up and land. We'll get to work repairing your ship from... whatever that was."

    Exo-Guardians

    M Vesk 5 | Solarion
    Tag:
    LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

    "Ha! Repairs? On Vesk-V we used to limp our way home after such a glorious battle! Nice job everyone!" he says, as he takes takes another few shots at the damaged ship, he looks behind him, "What? I'm just making sure they're dead!"

    As soon as they head the station's hail, "Katse, take us in!"

    Wayfinders

    Lashtuna Envoy 4 | SP:24/24 | HP:28/28 | RP 5/6 | EAC 16 KAC 16| F +2 R +6 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5| Ammo 4/6 attack rolls:
    Spoiler:
    [dice=hutchket rifle]d20+5; d10+4
    Buffs-Debuffs:
    Rahdokama wrote:

    "What? I'm just making sure they're dead!"

    [/b]

    Mustachio starts checking himself over to make sure he isn't dead himself.

    "That was... that was close." He looks at the computer readouts of the Drake's condition. "Those guys were trying to kill us! That never happened on set. " he says in a bit of a hopelessly clueless manner.

    Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    "A little too close for comfort. Great job everyone. Let's see if I can bring this thing down in one piece."

    She sets a course for the southern hemisphere and limps the Drake forward.


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    That was the closest fight I've ever seen!

    Kat5e has some coordinates, and sets in. The churning gray clouds of Icefront’s outer atmosphere eventually give way to a wooded area blanketed with snow. Much of the planet’s surface appears untouched by civilization, save for a small complex of artificial structures: a landing pad, greenhouses, satellite towers, rows of irrigated crop fields, temporary humanoid shelters, external generators, and biodomes outfitted with all manner of measuring devices. A tall scaffold tower sprouts from a walled enclosure far from the other buildings, its length regularly pulsing with blue light.

    A team of technicians approaches as you land. The group begins the necessary repair work even before you emerge, eager to assist. As you disembark, three figures arrive to greet you: Dr. Monsylkis, who stands just shy of eight feet tall and whose pale skin is laced with cybernetic augmentations designed to insulate heat; a short pale ryphorian wearing a suit of armor that appears to be a technological masterpiece of its own; and a towering dragonkin, whose sharp features naturally form a perpetual scowl. Dr. Monsylkis graciously introduces herself and welcomes you to her research station, introducing the ryphorian first, "This is Spinjack , lead technician and head of facilities, and the dragonkin as Farvenzi my head of security."

    She smiles, "Please explore the station and ask anything about our work before we dive into whatever business brought you here."

    Exo-Guardians

    M Vesk 5 | Solarion
    Tag:
    LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

    Rahdokama stomps his left foot, and salutes the doctor, "I think i speak for our entire crew that we thank you for offering us shelter here! I am Captain Rahdokama, and these are my Starfinder collogues." He eases up, "Is there anyone on the station that could offer their services in repair of our ship? We sustained heavy damage in our encounter with an alien vessel. We have never early season 1 problems encountered such assault before. Have you ever seen that ship before?"

    He hopes that his friends have some more questions for their new allies.

    Wayfinders

    Human Mystic 4 SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Spells 1: 4/4 2: 3/3 | F+2 R+1 W+7 | Init+0 | Perc+13

    ”Well met, Monsylkis, Spinjack, and Farvenzi. I’m honored to meet you. Ohmarc Lightwalker at your service. Your station is most impressive and I cannot express enough how grateful I am to be here.” Ohmarc gives his companions a knowing glance. ”I will certainly take you up on your offer to stroll the station, but I’m wondering if you can help direct us to where we may find some information on the whereabouts of a lost relic? You see, there were eight of them and we are searching for one in particular that may help us find connections to missing persons related to the scoured stars. Can you direct us to where we might begin?”


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    The doctor shakes her head, "No, nothing of the sort at all... What did it look like? Did you hear any language? Why would they attack you? Why would they blow themselves up?"

    She turns and looks down at Ohmarc, "Lost relic? I'm not sure I can help you, but I'll try if you tell me about it. Me and my team have been sent to Icefront as part of a research grant funded by an agricultural development nonprofit called Winterharvest. Come, let me show you around."

    Dr. Monsylkis, Spinjack, and Farvenzi accompany you. Spinjack and Farvenzi in particular seem to stay close by while the doctor happily discusses anything you bring up. She first brings you to the Greenhouses, an obvious point of pride.

    "The greenhouses host botanical experiments, where the researchers try to genetically engineer new plants or isolate desired plant phenotypes in a controlled environment."

    Life Science DC 21:
    This kind of open-ended experimentation doesn’t align with Winterharvest’s agricultural mission, meaning it shouldn’t be supported by any kind of tightly controlled research grant.

    Medicine DC 21:
    Some of the “desired plant phenotypes” the scientists are trying to isolate amount to organic workarounds of common antibiotics patented by pharmaceutical companies, similar to one breakthrough development introduced by Frozen Trove Labs six years ago that allowed Frozen Trove to upset and subsequently monopolize a major niche in the prescription drug market.

    Wayfinders

    Human Mystic 4 SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Spells 1: 4/4 2: 3/3 | F+2 R+1 W+7 | Init+0 | Perc+13

    Life Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Medicine : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    ”Genetically modified plants sounds very interesting. However, the approach doesn’t sound very holistic. How does Winterharvest feel about this sort of operation? Are they supportive of the work?”

    Acquisitives

    Android Exocotrex Mechanic 6 | SP 20/40 : HP 40/40 : RP 5/5 | EAC 18 : KAC 18| F+6 : R+12 : W+2 | INIT+7 | Speed 40ft |Darkvision| Arc Rifle 34/40
    Skills:
    Acro +5 : Ath+15 : Bluff 0 : Comp +14 : Cult +4 : Dip +7 : Disg 0 : Eng +14 : Intim +7 : LSci +4 : Med +7 : Perc +11 : Phy Sci +7 : Pilot +14: Prof +4 : Se Mot -2 : Stealth +5 : Surv 0

    "It was almost a bug-like craft. It seemed to be following us before it attacked. We did hear a voice during combat, it sounded artificial, but spoke in common" or, English at least

    Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

    Kat follows the group on the tour and silently observes, knowing the work going on here might be outside of her programming.


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    Farvenzi scowls a bit before the doctor can answer, “What is it that brings you here again? An artifact? Doctor, why don't we help our guests reach the next leg of their mission.”[/b]

    The doctor doesn't seem to pick up on the currents, "Oh, yes, I suppose."

    [ooc]You can convince her to continue the tour if you'd like. You gain a +2 to any of the social skills since you impressed her while you were in orbit."[/b]

    Wayfinders

    Human Mystic 4 SP 28/28 HP 28/28 RP 5/5 | EAC 15 KAC 15 | Spells 1: 4/4 2: 3/3 | F+2 R+1 W+7 | Init+0 | Perc+13

    "Indeed, I would love to continue stretching my legs if you are willing to continue showing us around. It would be good to help me realign my chakras after that harrowing ordeal."

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 = 21

    "Indeed, we are looking for an artifact. Mind you, we do not know much about it. By any chance, do you have any information that can help us find a lead?"

    Exo-Guardians

    M Vesk 5 | Solarion
    Tag:
    LG | SP 40 HP 41 RP 4 | EAC 18, KAC 18 | Fort +5*; Ref +3*; Will +4* | Init +2, Perc +5 | -- | Speed 30ft | Conditions: None

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 11 + (1) = 23

    The large vesk claps his hands together and rubs them, "Hah! Great! A new space threat not seen before. Hey Mustachio, you think there's anything left of that scrap heap up there? The Society are going to love it! Raaawr!"

    He then moves onto the conversation at hand, "Look, Doctor. I believe we are in a very unique situation to help each other. You are researchers, well we represent a group of starfarers seeking truth and new worlds. Starfinder Society, if you will. But more on that later." He pauses, letting his friends pitch in before continuing, "We would love to see more of your work here."

    He bows politely, allowing the others to explain what they will about our mission here.


    | Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

    The two assistants seem unamused and unmoved, but the doctor seems happy to continue the tour.

    She leads you to the housing area, "The exchange of ideas and the finding of fact is a tremendous goal. I don't know if I can help you though. Could you be more specific?"

    The ryphorians’ shelters are modest but cozy, many decorated with personal treasures. Perusing the researchers’ homes reveals that several of these ryphorians have advanced degrees from elite universities, and both the ryphorians and the guards have expensive personal devices that suggest their employers have a lot of capital.

    51 to 100 of 278 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "On the Trail of History" [Tier 3-6] All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.