[PFS2] Q01 The Sandstone Secret (GM Watery Soup) (Inactive)

Game Master Watery Soup

Maps


101 to 125 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Male human bard 1 | HP 17 | Perception +7 | AC 15; Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +7

As the statue starts moving, Matei draws his spear and runs near Neferam "Get behind me, Mister Neferam!" he shouts, and then with his free hand casts a protective spell to shield himself from attacks.

Matei moves 25ft. to get near Neferam, draws his weapon, and casts shield. I think those are the three actions he can do in a turn, right?

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

This would happen before everyone else since I'm first in initiative. You guys always post the meaty parts when I'm asleep. (Midnight-ish and later, Denver time).

Wonderful. An animated statue.Roahn says sarcastically.
Can anyone identify if this thing is resistant to elemental attacks? I'll try an acid attack!

Roahn moves to the western wall and finds a clear line-of-sight between columns and pylons to his target. He intones a spell and points a finger at the statue. A glob of acid flies towards it.
acid splash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
acid: 1d6 ⇒ 4


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-09 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Samantha rushes up and snags the statue. Although she hit, she doesn't feel like it actually did any damage.

Mylow rushes up to the other side, jabbing his rapier. It pierces the statue's exterior a little.

Matei moves up, draws his weapon, and casts shield.

Nefaram whimpers, "Please protect me!"

Roahn moves and tosses a ball of acid. Unfortunately, it flies wide.

---

The statue looks at Samantha and Mylow, both equal threats, and attacks 1d2 ⇒ 2 Mylow.

Fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 plus Grab

I'm going to assume Mylow uses Nimble Dodge.

The statue then turns and attacks Samantha.

Fist, MAP: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 5 = 22
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 plus Grab

The statue then Grabs Samantha.

Round 1/2

Roahn
Mylow
Matei
Meadow
Silence
Samantha (-10, grabbed)

Statue (-8 hp)
Tempest

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

Pfft. Well, that was pretty awful aim. He scoffs after his acid spell flies over the statue's head and hits the back wall.

Nefaram, move back towards the door! We'll handle this! He shouts to the frightened paper-pusher.

Roahn pulls his simple leather sling from his belt then loads a bullet. He gives the sling a few good spins and whips the bullet at the statue.

Sling: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
bullet: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Archive

F Iruxi Fighter 6 | HP (58/86) | AC 24 | F +13 R +10 (+3 vs Damage) W +13 | Perception +13

"Uff" grunts Samantha as the powerful statue grabs hold of her.

She knows the best defense is frequently a good offence and grabs her katana in two hands and tries to cut into the statue.

katana vs FF statue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
slashing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 8
24 total

Grinning her her success Samantha follows up with another strike.

iterative vs FF statue: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 5 = 17
slashing: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grip, Strike, Strike

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Just got home from work. I guess I get to go twice?

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow takes a deep breath as she studies the jackal-headed statue. She slowly raises her bow and fires two shots in rapid succession.

Hunted Shot-shortbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 5
deadly?: 1d10 ⇒ 3

Hunted Shot-shortbow: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16
piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 4
deadly?: 1d10 ⇒ 6

precision: 1d8 ⇒ 8 extra damage on the first hit.

"Now Silence. Go!"

Hunt prey, Hunted Shot, Command an Animal


M Snowy Owl HP 39/39 | AC 20(21)| F +8 R +10 W +9 | Perception +9

The owl lets out a piercing cry as he flies towards his target.

"Screech!"

Jaws: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

precision: 1d8 ⇒ 8 extra damage on the first hit.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

Yes Mylow would have used his Reaction for Nimble Dodge. I did not add Flanking bonus to his attacks below.

Mylow dodges under the swing and comes up swinging three times (Strike, Strike, Strike). He yells out, "It's not taking much damage! Those that fought golems before, how do we defeat this thing?"

Rapier Strike #1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Rapier Dmg(P): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Precision Dmg from Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Rapier Strike #2: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 5 = 11
Rapier Dmg(P): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Rapier Strike #3: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 10 = 11
Rapier Dmg(P): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Envoy's Alliance

Male human bard 1 | HP 17 | Perception +7 | AC 15; Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +7

"Don't despair my friends!" Matei screams at the top of his lungs, "Remember why we are here, remember the training at the Grand Lodge, or the feats of your previous adventures! Don't be afraid, and you will find that what it takes to make it is within you!"

He then moves forward, so as to stand between the animated statue and Neferam, and with his free hand again casts a protective spell.

Matei uses one action to inspire courage, one to move between Neferam and the statue, and one last to cast the shield spell.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-09 | | Icons: ◆◇↺
"Meadow" wrote:
Just got home from work. I guess I get to go twice?

Profuse apologies! I don't know what happened there, for some reason I marked you as having gone already. Yes, please make two sets of actions.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

"Silence come back now! Remember hit and run! Just like we practiced."


M Snowy Owl HP 39/39 | AC 20(21)| F +8 R +10 W +9 | Perception +9

Silence takes one more bite at his opponent before retreating.

"Screech!"

Jaws: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

precision: 1d8 ⇒ 4 extra damage on the first hit.

Strike, Stride-fly

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow moves to get a clear shot. She touches a small charm dangling near the grip of her bow and whispers.

"Dant lagor anin gyth nîn."

Elven:
Swift death to my enemies.

Her bow flashes and she sends two deadly shafts towards the enemy.

Hunted Shot-shortbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 29
piercing: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 1 = 4
deadly?: 1d10 ⇒ 10

Hunted Shot-shortbow: 1d20 + 7 - 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 + 1 + 1 = 18
piercing: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 = 6
deadly?: 1d10 ⇒ 7

precision: 1d8 ⇒ 7 extra damage on the first hit.

Command an Animal, stride, Activate potency crystal, Hunted Shot

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Oh that went well. (4+7)x2+10=32 damage! Woot! Too bad Silence can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn. I guess I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to bite a stone statue either.

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Leshy Rogue 2 | Active Conditions: None | Temp: 5 HP: 28 (-4) | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light | Stealth: +5 | 25ft | Hero Pts: 0/1 | Reaction: You’re Next

Rushing forward, the leshy produces his spear and stabs the ground next to the foe. "And let the be a warning!" he shrieks. "Next one is gunna go through ya!"

Spear: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Stride x2. Interact for spear from gourd head & Miss completely


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-09 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Tempest tries to run the statue through, but misses.

Roahn fires a sling bullet at the statue. It strikes true, but doesn't seem to affect it.

Samantha, while grabbed, takes hold of her katana and drives it into the statue. A large crack develops in its armor.

Mylow jabs his rapier deep into the crack.

Matei begins inspiring courage. Meadow digs the beat and delivers a precise arrow. The arrow lodges in the exact same , splitting it in half.

End of combat!

---

Matei helps Nefaram up from the ground. He's shaking and refuses to look anyone in the eye. Matei recognizes the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.

The Pathfinders return to the surface. The guards are relieved to hear that the Pathfinders have dealt with this unexpected danger, as is Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir.

"So, what did you find?" he asks.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male human bard 1 | HP 17 | Perception +7 | AC 15; Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +7

"We found this man" begins Matei "With a fake wayfinder. Probably even his permits are forged. He pretended to be a pathfinder on an official mission, all to be able to loot this tomb and profit from the sale of the relics on the black market.".

Matei makes Neferam sit in a shady place, then he starts talking again "Nevertheless he is in a state of shock, and his psyche has suffered a severe blow. I ask our venture-captain to be able to stay for a short time as a guest of the Sothis lodge in order to give Mr. Neferam first treatment during his stay in prison, and then to be able to instruct another doctor on the treatment he needs. I think we all agree that this man needs punishment for his misdeeds, but I see no reason to deny him the medical treatment necessary for his psychological recovery.".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-09 | | Icons: ◆◇↺

"Nefaram Subeli? The clerk from the permit office?? I guess he took advantage of the bureaucracy to use our name, thinking he'd be long gone before we arrived."

Nefaram nods mutely; Norden frowns.

"You're right. We take care of people first. We'll look after him, and hopefully he has learned why we send Pathfinders out in well-equipped teams."

Nefaram whispers, "Thank you," to Matei.

This is the official end of the scenario. You're welcome to roleplay some more if you like, as well as ask questions about the story if any part wasn't super clear.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

Mylow also speaks up, "We discovered that this was a site from approximately 1,000 years ago and had carvings to the horrific glory of a man named Akmajet whom led an Undead army against the city of Sothis. There was also a shrine dedicated to the God Set. We discovered Osiriani inscriptions but could not decipher them and a trap was discovered at the entrance which is marked by chalk. Not much else was discovered."

"As for Nefaram, that explains why the permit was delayed in being granted. Hopefully you can discuss this with the Osiriani government so they can see if there are any others like him who should not be working in such a position."

Mylow bows to everyone else as he leaves. "Travel well and far my friends."

That was pretty anti-climactic. I assume we searched the rest of the site and did not discover anything else? No Osiriani treasures of note? etc.

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

Sorry for being out for a bit. good game, all! I got my new phone. :)


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-09 | | Icons: ◆◇↺
Mylow Metcalf wrote:
That was pretty anti-climactic. I assume we searched the rest of the site and did not discover anything else? No Osiriani treasures of note? etc.

Correct, the rest of the site is a winding corridor. I'll open it. This is a quest, so it follows a pretty invariant pattern of one noncombat encounter and one combat encounter. The map is oversized relative to the scope of the scenario because of the repeatable nature - there are different monsters that can appear in each of the rooms. Most rooms are empty.

This quest seems to be setting up for a story arc, although none of the ones I've played from Season 1 seem to do so. It's not an ancient Osiriani site - it's a hideout for a (long dead?) necromancer.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1
GM Watery Soup wrote:

"Nefaram Subeli? The clerk from the permit office?? I guess he took advantage of the bureaucracy to use our name, thinking he'd be long gone before we arrived."

Nefaram nods mutely; Norden frowns.

"You're right. We take care of people first. We'll look after him, and hopefully he has learned why we send Pathfinders out in well-equipped teams."

Nefaram whispers, "Thank you," to Matei.

This is the official end of the scenario. You're welcome to roleplay some more if you like, as well as ask questions about the story if any part wasn't super clear.

"Yes Nefaram. Stop robbing graves. Leave that to the professionals." Meadow stops and thinks for a moment about how she phrased that. Her go wide and she blushes. "you know what I mean."

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1
Nina Jaribu wrote:

Word of your exploits have reached Vidrian, where an Osirian themed cotillion is thrown in your honor.

It is a dull and dry affair, and the statues didn't even animate.

Days later at the cotillion...

Awkwardly wearing a long dress, Meadow approaches Nina Jaribu. She trips on the hem of her dress but catches herself before she falls.

"This dress is pretty but it's awfully inconvenient. Are you sure I can't wear my leathers to fancy parties like this one, Ms Jaribu?"

"Anyway, please tell that lady that Silence is sorry he attacked her hat. He thought that the stuffed bird on it was going to bite her."

deception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Spoiler:
Silence is unrepentant

"Speaking of Silence I should probably go outside and check on him. He's probably just sleeping but sometimes he gets into trouble when I leave him alone for too long. Thank you very much for the party"

101 to 125 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] Q1 The Sandstone Secret (GM Watery Soup) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.