[PFS2] Q01 The Sandstone Secret (GM Watery Soup) (Inactive)

Game Master Watery Soup

Maps


51 to 100 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

Surely you jest, Meadow. Roahn says with a puzzled look.
That golem on that expedition was the most frightul creation I have ever set eyes upon. And, if I remember correctly, you were almost killed by that thing. Isn't that right, Silence? He winks at the owl.
Well, at least we learned some lessons about fighting golems.

Roahn turns to the little leshy.
Yes. I may have stepped on that pressure plate as well. I'm glad I stayed put.
From a safe distance, Roahn watches Mylow and Samantha with intrigue as they perform their disabling traps skills.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Mylow takes a few pieces of rock and jam them into the edge of the pressure plate to prevent the trap from setting off.

Three exits - door to the west, wide corridor to the north, narrow corridor to the east. Three votes moves the group.

Envoy's Alliance

Male human bard 1 | HP 17 | Perception +7 | AC 15; Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +7

"Great job, Mister Mylow" says Matei approaching the halfling.

"So, where to now? Do we have tracks to follow? I doubt the other 'pathfinders' went north, since the trap was still intact".

He then moves towards the narrow corridor to the east, and casts dancing lights to create a bright white ball of light and send it further down the hallway.

The dancing light travels down the corridor for a maximum of 120ft (60ft./turn).

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

"Thank you, sir! Just doing my job." Mylow stands and dusts off his hands. He proceeds to put away his tools. "This way seems obvious but since it was trapped, I think it may have to be a diversion from the true path."

He points to the eastern path, "I would say we should try that way and see if the paths converge. If not then we'll have to just brave the corridor with the disabled trap." He takes out some chalk and writes on the floor "TRAP!" in front of the trapped corridor. He will continue to look for traps as they proceed.

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

Well done, Mylow. I recommend the eastern path as well.With staff in hand to use as a walking stick, Roahn follows Matei and Mylow.
Right behind you, Matei.

Verdant Wheel

Leshy Rogue 2 | Active Conditions: None | Temp: 5 HP: 28 (-4) | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light | Stealth: +5 | 25ft | Hero Pts: 0/1 | Reaction: You’re Next

"Yes, that coulda been messy." he replies to Roahn.

With the recent trap in mind, he reaches into his head and tugs out a small spear. "Guessing something else is down here? Whatever it is, I'm sure you're ready!"

As they continue onward, Tempest tries to keep his eyes open for more traps as well.

Grand Archive

F Iruxi Fighter 6 | HP (58/86) | AC 24 | F +13 R +10 (+3 vs Damage) W +13 | Perception +13

Samantha heads to the east, the finding of the trap only increasing her paranoia as she keeps her heads up looking for ambushes or other hidden foes.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

The eastern corridor is long, and there are 4 sets of doors. There's also a fifth room at the end of the corridor, and a branch corridor in the middle.

Rolling Perception for everyone.

GM Screen:

Perception Mylow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception Matei: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception Meadow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception Roahn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Perception Samantha: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Perception Tempest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Nobody detects any traps in the opened area.

Three votes moves the party.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

Mylow will listen at the door to room #1 then check for traps on the door. If the group does not vote to go through the door, he will continue to room #2 door and proceed the same way then stealthily goes to the left corner of the corridor and peeks to the left while continuing to look for traps.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow and Silence both lean over Mylow's shoulder. Meadow is interested in the door and Silence is interested in Mylow's feather.

"Did you hear anything? Golems are pretty quiet. I think mummies make a kind of 'shoook shoook' noise as they shamble around dragging one foot behind them."

She briefly pantomimes a shambling mummy.

"That's what I heard anyway. Aren't you going to open the door?"


M Snowy Owl HP 39/39 | AC 20(21)| F +8 R +10 W +9 | Perception +9

Silence looks at Meadow and hoots softly.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow frowns.

"Okay, okay. You were right. Kind of anyway. Stop saying 'I told you so'. It's unbecoming."

Verdant Wheel

Leshy Rogue 2 | Active Conditions: None | Temp: 5 HP: 28 (-4) | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light | Stealth: +5 | 25ft | Hero Pts: 0/1 | Reaction: You’re Next

Creeping behind Meadow, Tempest whispers "Shouldn't we check inside the rooms too? If we don't, couldn't something sneak up behind us?"

Trying to stealth and voting for opening the door

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

Mylow stops mid search, whispering back, "I am more concerned with where this Nefaram is. If he saw the trap, why did he not mark it. If he did not see it then he got lucky but that still does not explain any markings as to where he has searched and deemed areas of interest over the past weeks. Besides, if there is a trap on this door all of you would probably be affected if it goes off." He mimics an explosion then choking, sticking out his tongue while rolling his eyes to the back of his head as if dying. He smiles and goes back to searching and will slowly open the door of room #1 if it is safe.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

For convenience, I will roll Perception for everyone when the groups moves into a new area.

GM Screen:

Perception Mylow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Perception Matei: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception Meadow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception Roahn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perception Samantha: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Perception Tempest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

The carvings in the floor glorify Akmajet, showing him leading an army of undead against a city. The carvings represent a grandiose fantasy rather than a historical event.

DC 15 Society:
You recognize that the city is Sothis, from almost 1,000 years in the past.

Behind Akmajet, several other figures lead their own lesser armies of undead. However, their faces have been chiseled out, with Osiriani text written across their bodies.

Osiriani:
The text calls the figures “ungrateful leeches” and “treacherous scum” and “unworthy of unlife.”

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

I take it the door was not trapped.

Society(T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Mylow enters gazing at the carvings and points at the ones in the floor, "These look to be of the city Sothis, but from almost 1,000 years ago." He continues looking for traps and any secret doors or panels within the room.

"Looks like someone else did not want to share in the glory detailed here. Can anyone read what is written here?"

Do we know who Akmajet is? Personally never heard of him.
Someone important or just story flavor. Anything else in the room?


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺
Mylow Metcalf wrote:

Do we know who Akmajet is? Personally never heard of him.

Someone important or just story flavor. Anything else in the room?

It's mostly story flavor. There's some description in the scenario text, but there are no checks to allow you to find it out. He's leading an army of undead in the carvings, so ... he's not a good guy. :)

Mylow looks around but doesn't spot anything else in the room.

Many of the rooms are going to be relatively empty. This scenario is repeatable, but it uses the same map - in other runs, there might be a combat encounter in this room.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

"I don't see anything worth while in this room and no Nefaram. On to the next." Mylow continues checking for traps as he heads down the corridor to room #2 door and checks for traps there then if not finding any slowly opens it.

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

Unfortunately, I am not an archaeologist. These carvings and script are very intriguing, however.

I wonder why I keep getting invited by the faction leaders to go on archaeological expeditions. I belong in the wilderness, not dusty old tombs underground. Hmm, quite odd.
Roahn thinks to himself as the party makes their way down the hall.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Room #2

GM Screen:

Perception Mylow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Perception Matei: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Perception Meadow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception Roahn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception Samantha: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Perception Tempest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

This room appears to be someone's resting spot. There is a makeshift couch, and mundane pieces of gear (which together form an adventurer’s kit) are scattered on the floor.

A satchel filled various objects that look like they've been looted from the complex.. These include an ominous curved dagger with a small onyx gem in its hilt and a mirror decorated with a serpent motif. In total, the contents of the satchel are worth 3 gp.

I've opened up the corridor on the far side of the room.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

"Well, this room looks to be where Nefaram possibly stayed. Also looks like he just lumped valuables together in a satchel. Hopefully, he documented each items details and where he discovered them."

Mylow continues to the corner and listens. If he does not hear anything he looks around the corner for any movement. If he does not see anything he goes to the double doors to room #3 and checks for traps and slowly opens it if it is clear.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

"Those items were just thrown in a satchel willy-nilly with no documentation of where they were found in the tomb. I think this guy Nefaram is really just a grave robber and not a pathfinder. Okay technically we rob tombs too I guess, but we do it for science."


M Snowy Owl HP 39/39 | AC 20(21)| F +8 R +10 W +9 | Perception +9

Silence preens his feathers.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow turns to look a the bird. "Okay, yeah, history not science. You know what I mean. There's no need to be pedantic."

Envoy's Alliance

Male human bard 1 | HP 17 | Perception +7 | AC 15; Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +7

"This place is bigger than I expected" says Matei, keeping his torch in his left hand and sending his dancing light further down the corridors. "It's my very first time in a tomb of this kind. In Ustalav we are no stranger to large cemeteries, but the crypts I've visited were all just small chambers with elaborated coffins in them. This is indeed more elaborated, more intriguing. If this turns out to be a tomb, of course. Maybe not all the ruins in Osirion are tombs, I have to remind myself that...".

Verdant Wheel

Leshy Rogue 2 | Active Conditions: None | Temp: 5 HP: 28 (-4) | AC 18 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +8| Perc: +8; Low-Light | Stealth: +5 | 25ft | Hero Pts: 0/1 | Reaction: You’re Next

"Is it important which room the items were located in? Is it standard for paffies to jump make a pile of goods?" inquires Tempest excitedly. "If it's wrong, please don't hesitate to point it out so I don't make the same mistakes he is."

"I would have thought we'd at least hear him by now though, right? Doesn't sound normally bounce around a bit in these places?"


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Room #3

The colorful pits in this room are each 5 feet deep. They were once filled with embalming fluids, but the liquid within has evaporated over the centuries, leaving a powdery residue.

DC 15 Crafting:
By adding the residue in the pools to water, someone can make 3 lesser acid flasks.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

Crafting(T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Mylow does a quick scan of the room, "Hmmm, no Nefaram here either. We should come back to these rooms to document them in detail after finding him unless he has already done so but right now I am doubting it."

Mylow continues looking for traps and heads to room #4 door, listening then checking for traps. If it is clear he slowly opens it.

Responding to Tempest, "It is very important. We are here at the permission of the Osiriani government and permitted to perform a duty for them and representing the Society in the process. We are here to investigate and make this area safe for the archeologists to follow. If we do not complete the job to their satisfaction, repercussions could happen such as the Society as a whole be forbidden from entering the country. Travel and trade can be affected."

"If this Nefaram is not a Pathfinder then we need to determine who he is. Is he just a common criminal trying to loot this site before anyone has a chance to research and document it's history? Is he trying to do something to the Society to set us up? Maybe he is just looking for information to raise an undead army as detailed in the carvings. Either way it cannot be for good. If he had a permit then it is either forged or someone else in the government could be behind this. We need to uncover what is going on."

"Everyone please continue to keep your eyes and ears open."

Grand Archive

F Iruxi Fighter 6 | HP (58/86) | AC 24 | F +13 R +10 (+3 vs Damage) W +13 | Perception +13

Samantha nods and keeps her heads up as she covers Mylow's explorations.

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

Roahn nods in agreement and grips his staff in both hands. Using it as a walking stick makes too much noise as it tap-tap-taps on the stone floor. He stays alert for any signs of trouble.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Room #4

This room is a mockery of a traditional burial chamber.

The weapon, armor, and shield in the corner of the room were of poor quality even when they were placed here, and they are now rusted beyond any hope of repairing them.

Room #5

The two statues in this room depict a pair of robed skeletons each of which is pointing at the other

The skeleton’s arms can be rotated in their sockets to arm and disarm the trap by the entrance.

I'll give a bit of time for anyone to attempt the Crafting check. Put yourselves in marching order outside Room 6 when you're ready.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow examines the colorful pits.

"What do you think this is, Silence?"

crafting: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


M Snowy Owl HP 39/39 | AC 20(21)| F +8 R +10 W +9 | Perception +9

The owl hoots softly.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

"Yeah, I don't know either."

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

I'll take a look as well, however I am very unfamiliar with this type of expertise. I may have picked up a bit of knowledge from somewhere, however.

crafting (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Hmm. I believe the contents could be added to water to make the equivalent of three lesser acid flasks. Anyone have any empty flasks? There might be some small clay containers laying around that could work.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

"Can't we just scrape the powder into a sack and make the acid later?"

Horizon Hunters

NG male half-elf Storm Druid 4 | hp 48/48 | AC 20/22 shield | F +9, R +9, W +11 | Perc +10 (low-light, Inc. Init +2)| Stealth +8 Spd 25 | Focus 2/2 | hero pts. 1 | Active Cond. --

It may come in useful while we're here, Meadow. That Neferam chap may have padlocked some doors and this can melt the metal away. It can also do some damage if used as a weapon. There are probably many other uses as well.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Totally forgot - I made a separate slide for this room (not at all ominous). See Slide 4.

Room #6

Akmajet made frequent prayers to Set in this elaborate shrine. The centerpiece of the shrine is a 10-foot-tall statue of the god himself, holding a brazier of lit coals.

DC 15 Religion:
Set is an Osiriani god of darkness, deserts, and murder.

A man stands by the statue, looking for something. When he notices the group, he stands up. See art on page 2.

"You're trespassing," he declares boldly. "This site is property of the Pathfinder Society."

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

"Oh yeah? Says who?"

Meadow winces.


M Snowy Owl HP 39/39 | AC 20(21)| F +8 R +10 W +9 | Perception +9

Silence flaps his wings and makes a frightful hissing sound.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Meadow turns her head slightly towards the owl.

"I know, I know. That was kind of a dumb thing to say. I knew it as soon as I said it. I panicked okay? Lemme try again."

Meadow stands very straight and speaks in a confident tone as she presents her wayfinder to the man.

"If you were a real pathfinder like us you would know that we're only here to study this site and catalog the artifacts. Everything here actually belongs to the people of Osirion. You're just a lousy grave-robber."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Neferam holds up a compass.

"I've got one of those too."

DC 15 Perception:
Flaking paint, rusted hinges, and other signs point to the compasses’ true nature as a fake.

"Look, we're all on the same team here. Let's work together exploring the rest of the temple here. We can write a joint report, and corroborate each others' stories. It'll be the finest example of Explore, Report, Corroborate that Solthis has ever seen!"

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Same team? Which Venture Captain sent you here because ours did not tell us you would be here."

Mylow looks around and asks, "Where are the rest of your team? What have you uncovered about this site?" He moves behind a column and when out of sight motions for the rest of the group to spread out and mouths "Fake" while pointing to his hand. He comes out on the other side of the column pretending to be inspecting it.

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

"Well I guess you're alright, you do have a wayfinder...Hey! Wait a minute! You got the motto wrong! You really are a lousy grave robber."

Verdant Wheel

F Half-elf | Ranger 5 | ◆◇↺ | HP 46/58 (63)| AC 22 | F +10 R +13 W +12 | Perception +12 Low light vision | Hero 1/3 | Focus 1/1 | speed 35 |Prey=red | Drained 1

Oops, sorry Milow. You posted your sneakage while I was typing that up. Gonna stick with it though since that's exactly the sort of impulsive thing that Meadow would say.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male human bard 1 | HP 17 | Perception +7 | AC 15; Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +7

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Gentlemen," says calmly Matei, "please, let us try to keep our coolness, ok? I am sure that this man could explain to us all the real reason why he finds himself here, or who sent him here in the first place.".

He then turns towards the "intruder": "Mister Neferam, am I right? My name is Matei Nakayama, and I'm traveling with this group of fellow Pathfinders to inspect and catalogate this ancient Osiriani complex. I am afraid that our venture-captain didn't inform us of the presence of other colleagues, thus you surely understand that we are surprised to find someone else in here. Sadly we can't take your compass as a proof of your membership to the Society, we need to see your documentation and papers related to this mission. If you would be so kind to come here and discuss the situation with us, that would be wonderful.".

I don't know if this is enough to make a Diplomacy check to Make an Impression, but I'll make the check nonetheless to speed things up.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | | | Icons: ◆◇↺

Nefaram approaches the Pathfinders and Mylow tightens the grip on his rapier. But, before he can get close enough to threaten anyone, he begins sobbing and confesses.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt anyone!"

He tearfully explains that he was a clerk in Osirion’s permit office, and took advantage of the shifting bureaucracy to reach the site ahead of the Society’s true representatives. Posing as an agent of the Pathfinder Society, he hired a team of laborers to take over clearing the sand from the location, hoping to claim the treasures for himself.

Just then, the lights flicker on and off.

The eyes of the statue of Set flash with a bright light, and the statue comes to life.

Rolling Stealth for Mylow's initiative.

GM Screen:

Stealth Mylow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception Matei: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Perception Meadow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception Roahn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Perception Samantha: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Perception Tempest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Perception Statue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Round 1

Roahn
Mylow
Matei
Meadow
Silence
Samantha

Statue
Tempest

If you'd like to Recall Knowledge to find out more about the statue, please post your Arcana or Crafting modifier and I'll make a secret roll.

Grand Archive

F Iruxi Fighter 6 | HP (58/86) | AC 24 | F +13 R +10 (+3 vs Damage) W +13 | Perception +13

Samantha springs into action, quickly rushing up to the statue's flank. Rather than making a large overhead strike Samantha lets go with her second hand and makes a grab at the statue as she swings with her left hand.

snagging strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
slashing damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

If this Strike hits, the target is flat-footed until the start of your next turn or until it’s no longer within the reach of your hand, whichever comes first.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Twilight Halfling Rogue / 5th
Stats:
| HP: 55/56 | AC: 23 or 25 with Nimble Dodge Reaction ↺ | F: +9; R: +13; W: +12 | Perception(E): +12; Low Light with Keen Eyes| Hero Pts: 1/3 | Spd: 30' ◆ | Stealth(E) +13 | Active Conditions: Trap Finder

As Nefaram moves up, Mylow draws his rapier (Interact) then as Nefaram breaks down in confession and the statue activates, he curses, "Ahhh, Desna!" Mylow immediately moves into action (Stride) and deftly lays into the statue (Strike) before it can move from its pedestal.

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Rapier Dmg(P): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Precision Dmg from Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 5

51 to 100 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2] Q1 The Sandstone Secret (GM Watery Soup) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.