Outpost III - GM Ietsuna - Siege of Gallowspire (Inactive)

Game Master Ietsuna

<<<MAP>>>

Aid Spreadsheet


1 to 50 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Opening Gameplay Thread

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

“Pathfinders! The unthinkable has happened. The Whispering Tyrant’s prison, Gallowspire, has exploded from below. The most infamous lich in history has escaped, and he now roams free. Worse, he has set in motion a vile ritual in his former prison. We must intervene before the ritual ends. Quickly find your assigned group, aid in our preparations for the expedition to Gallowspire, and listen for instructions.”

Table GMs, please begin part 1.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

The doors of Skyreach, the central fortress of the Grand Lodge in Absalom, stand open, and Pathfinders of all descriptions mill about at the base of the stairs, expressions of excitement, fear, and determination on their faces. Atop the staircase leading into the tower, Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus gestures for silence. Marcos is known for his good cheer. Today, however, his expression is grim. He clears his throat before speaking, his voice a low rumble. Yes, you heard me correctly. Gallowspire is gone, and the Whispering Tyrant has escaped. The Whispering Tyrant, who slew a goddess and conquered nations with armies of undead, has returned. He pauses and sighs. And he’s been busy. Marcos gestures to the man standing next to him and nods. This is Siege Lord Wynsal Starborn, and he has more information on recent events.

The other man steps forward, his breastplate gleaming. We know that a massive explosion enveloped Gallowspire, and we know that undead hordes have swept throughout Lastwall. I have already sent scouts to investigate Gallowspire. They found a mysterious jungle surrounding the tower, or at least, where the tower should have been. The tower was gone, and there was a massive crater where it once stood. At considerable personal risk, the scouts who were most skilled at evading detection went inside the ruin itself. Fortunately, they survived, and they had the following to report. First, the ruins beneath still contain access points to the chambers below. Second, the Whispering Tyrant took the time to set up wards to block access to the deepest levels. Third, and most disturbingly, there are necromantic energies beyond these wards, energies so powerful that they are leaking into the surrounding area. The scouts surmise that a ritual of incredible intensity is taking place somewhere deep beneath the crater. It is building toward something, and with every passing day, it grows stronger.

Marcos Farabellus addresses the crowd again, but his voice holds a hint of fear rarely heard in his speech. Pathfinders, we must stop this ritual. The Whispering Tyrant has had thousands of years to plan what he would do if he ever escaped. I shudder to think of the terrors he plans to unleash. This is not just a problem for Lastwall; it’s a problem for the entire world. His voice quiets, I have no idea what else you’ll find on the deepest levels, what guardians and treasures the Whispering Tyrant has locked away. Be prepared for anything.

This is going to be a significant undertaking, and you’ll have about a day to prepare while we get everyone else up to speed and set the logistics. Once you arrive, meet with Venture-Captain Shevar Besnik and Silver Crusade leader Ollysta Zadrian. Be sure to prepare for a dangerous journey both above and below ground. I wish you the best of luck, for all our sakes.

Do you have any questions at this time?

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel Veldgott rotates a shoulder at the mention of undead. That's the thing about the undead, necromancers always have a ready stock of corpses in these times. The dusty dwaft stands tall, relatively, and takes a look in his bag before setting out. I could use a few things before we head out. We'll get this handled. Like the other thing and the thing before that, Master Farabellus.

Turning to the others, I am Grel of the Steppes. Seems our quarry is quite evil in nature. I am familiar with the earth and planes but the undead are an energy unto themselves.

Grel does have the Spirit Sense ability to detect undead, fey, outsiders, astral, ethereal, and incorporeal creatures at 60ft which should come in handy. Other than that, some wild shape and summoning. Hope to be a good complement for everyone. Picking up a belt of giant strength in the day of preparation.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

A man with a bald pate and a wide grin steps forward, the golden sword of Iomedae emblazoned across his sparkling mithril breastplate "You'll have the power of Iomedae at your back through me, Hanlin Cinderbrow, Master Farabellus." He gives a Silver Crusade salute and steps back into the crowd to process what's going on.

You've got this Hanlin. This is what you've trained for, this will make father proud!

With a few quick steps Hanlin heads towards the Dwarf, Grel, and reaches out a gloved hand. "Hanlin Ciderbrow of the Silver Crusade, warrior cleric of Iomedae."

"We'll get through this by the strength of teamwork, faith in the Gods, and hopefully a pile of damn good luck!"

Lots of good undead fighting power on Hanlin. Channel focused straight cleric. Once we're all introduced I'll figure out my spell list based on what we need.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Marvelous.

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

A young Taldon man in blue and white robes bows to the gathered team. "I am Bo. This sounds dangerous. However, The Path often leads us through difficulty to reveal our strength or temper our weakness."

Modified Zen Archer. Point Blank Master allows me to fire without provoking, so I can be mixed up in the melee.

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

A young woman with dirty-blonde hair and pale green eyes comes wandering through the crowd, looking around with a rather vague expression. While she has the beginnings of some obvious smile-lines on her face the shadows under her eyes hint at her having not rested well in some time. She's dressed in a shiny breastplate and carries a longspear that seems to be made of cold iron.

And rather strangely, she seems to be followed closely by a chicken.

As her eyes settle on Grel, Hanlin, and Bo, she approaches and offers the group a wan smile.

"Hello, New Friends! You're forming a team, right? Maybe I can help - especially since I don't see any of my other Old New Friends in the crowd right now," she says, her smile faltering slightly as she does. "But that's okay! Making More New Friends is always a good thing, especially when the situation is as bad as this one seems to be."

"I'm Corona Merrion," she continues as she fiddles with her pack, pulling out several small, wrapped objects. "I can use magic, sort of like a priest or cleric...except I'm not either of those things? It's all very strange but I try not to question it too much. And sometimes I can make strange things happen but they're always good things, I promise."

She holds out several of the wrapped objects, one for each of you. "Do you like cornbread? I made it myself! I like to bake when I'm not out on missions and I always bring plenty of cornbread when it's time to go somewhere. Stuffing," she indicates the chicken, "loves it too."
______________

Corona is a Dual-Cursed Oracle with what I like to think is a balanced spell lineup of buffs, debuffs, and utility/damage. She can also make use of the Fortune and Misfortune revelations that function similarly to the witch hexes of the same names. Oh and Stuffing is a non-combat familiar.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel waves to Corona and takes the gift, Cornbread, how delicious. Chicken is also delicious. He says with a playful threatening look at stuffing. He chuckles and gobbles up his cornbread leaving crumbs in his beard. He washes down the cornbread with a skin of ale.

Well I guess we won't be short on magic firepower. :)

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Garduk wanders up to join the group, late as usual. The scrawny half-orc wears traveling clothes that fit him poorly. He wears no armor, but carries a haversack slung over one shoulder. A billy club, dagger, and various pouches and wands dangle from his belt. A crossbow hangs beneath his cloak. His face is disfigured, with thick scars running from his ears to the corners of his mouth that twist his expression into a grimace even when he attempts to smile.

He does not attempt to smile now.

"I am Garduk the... well, just Garduk," he growls. "Student of the outer planes and the arcane." He pauses a moment, then adds. "Mostly self-taught."

"I am glad to meet you all. This ... is bad business." When Marcos Farabellus asks for questions, Garduk nods and raises a hand.

"Do you know where the Tyrant has gone? How are we to stop this ritual? What kinds of wards should we expect to encounter? What should we expect to encounter on the journey to Lastwall?"

I've got most of my purchases done, finishing them up this evening.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel reaches a lightly greasy hand (from the cornbread of course) out to Garduk for a shake. Oy there. Grel waits for a shake.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form
Garduk wrote:
Do you know where the Tyrant has gone?

The reports we have received from Lastwall indicate that his attention lies elsewhere, and the scouts saw no signs of his presence. We can’t rule out the possibility that he will catch on to what we are doing. If he does, we’ll have to trust his arrogance and his certainty that we couldn’t possibly breach his wards and defeat his guardians. Marcos adds, I can’t promise that he won’t return, but it’s a risk we will have to take. The price of letting him complete the ritual is simply too high.

Garduk wrote:
How are we to stop this ritual?

Our spellcasters will work on interrupting it once we are inside, and if all else fails there will be many hammers and clubs to smash our way through.

Garduk wrote:
What kinds of wards should we expect to encounter?

Our scouts were unsure. Perhaps more information will come to light as we press deeper.

Garduk wrote:
What should we expect to encounter on the journey to Lastwall?

The area surrounding the spire is called Gallowgarden. The scouts report horrible amalgamations of fungus and animal as well as vicious plants. While it appears the Whispering Tyrant took most of his undead servants with him, whatever this explosion was created new threats. In terms of the spire itself. I imagine whatever defenders lie beyond his wards are primarily undead. Reports I’ve received from other nations suggest that some of the Tyrant’s most infamous servants, who had been imprisoned with him, may also be on the loose. But it would be foolhardy to assume he didn’t leave some of them behind. I am also sure there are powerful magic wards, as well as a variety of other evil creatures.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin introduces himself to the new comers, and happily samples some of Corona's corn bread. "Well met friends!" He turns to Corona specifically as he samples the moist, yet not greasy bread "Most importantly, welcome to the baker! If times were better I'd invite myself over for a sampling of your other culinary talents!"

Attractive and can cook... I wonder where the problems lie with this one... she should be snatched up as a proper wife by now!

"Fungus and plants... I'm afraid my talents won't be particularly useful with those threats. At least it'll allow me to save the bulk of my power for once we've gotten to the wards and their guardians. I'll pray to Iomedae in the morning for guidance, and let her offer her power to me for what would suit us best in this mission."

"Does anyone else carry the gifts of life? I have a scroll tucked away in this wrist sheath in case of dire emergency. But if I am the one to fall it would be reassuring for someone else with the power to bless me with one more chance..." Hanlin had enough forsight to get a breath of life scroll for his spring loaded wrist sheath earlier. Anyone else have a set up just in case? An event like this seems like the perfect time to spring for one.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel turns down the scroll, I am unable to cast that unfortunately. I can prepare some healing if we are in need. I can also prepare remedy for the animals and plants we may face.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability
Grel Veldgott wrote:
Grel turns down the scroll, I am unable to cast that unfortunately. I can prepare some healing if we are in need. I can also prepare remedy for the animals and plants we may face.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't offering the scroll, I was merely asking if anyone else had one or wanted to get one in case it was needed.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Ah, I see. Well i'll reserve a healing spell for you in case The Worst Happens.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared | Curious Claim || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Marcos Farabellus stands atop the steps of Skyreach and waves his hands. “Pathfinders! It is nearly time to depart. We’ve sent scouts ahead to prepare an anchor for teleportation. Finish your preparations and make your way through the teleportation circle inside Skyreach.” The Master of Swords sets his jaw. “Brace yourselves. Our arrival point is not pleasant.”

One after another, Pathfinders step onto an immense glyph on the floor, the center of the teleportation circle. As they do, they each vanish into thin air, only to reappear in a distant location. The beautifully carved and painted stone walls of Skyreach fade into a moss-covered expanse of ancient ruins. On the other side of the circle, the air is warm, humid, and filled with the cloying stench of rotten meat.

Standing atop one of the ruins, a figure in gleaming full plate beckons the first arrivals to her. She waits silently, her face grim, until the remainder of the expeditionary force arrives. She then addresses the assembled group. “Welcome to Ustalav, Pathfinders. I am Ollysta Zadrian, leader of the Silver Crusade. Thank you for coming so quickly. Let me get straight to the point. The nearest undead horde is likely to sweep through this area in the next hour or so, and we must not remain overlong. Please, follow me.”

After a tense but brief journey, the expedition arrives at the edge of a dark jungle. The vegetation is thick, but the plants are twisted and gnarled. A group of Pathfinders dressed to blend in with the surrounding terrain step forward and greet the expedition. Their leader, a thin human man with long hair, smiles when he sees Zadrian. “Ollysta, you old war dog. It looks like you found yourself a small army. I hope it’s enough.”

The paladin’s expression remains focused and stern. “Yes, I hope so too. You should tell them what we know.” The man smiles charmingly. “Greetings, Pathfinders. I’m Shevar Besnik, up until recently the venture-captain of Vigil. I technically still am, I suppose,” he says, his smile turning sour. “These few individuals with me are all of the surviving Pathfinders from Vigil’s destruction. So they were the only Pathfinders left around here to teach the Tyrant a lesson. Until you got here, that is!”

Shevar continues, “Our first job is to make our way through this jungle. I know some of you probably have the means to bypass the jungle entirely and get to the crater, but that would mean certain death for those who can’t. Let’s stick together and make sure we all make it to the other side.” Ollysta raises her shield, which is emblazoned with a golden holy symbol of Sarenrae, “No matter what we face, Pathfinders, remember: the dawn brings new light. May Sarenrae’s grace guide our blades.” Shevar adds, “And with that, let’s meet whatever this twice-damned forest can throw at us head on!”

Table GMs, please begin part 2.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Garduk accepts some of Corona's cornbread with a nod of thanks. Still munching it, he joins the other Pathfinders lining up to be teleported to Lastwall, Garduk pulls a small strip of leather from a pouch on his belt and barks, "Maaginen panssari!" A pale white glow shimmers at his feet, then rises up his body until it reaches the top of his head and winks out. He immediately growls out the words for another spell, "Väärä elämä!" although this one has no visible effect. Garduk pulls his spellbook from his pouch and pages through for a few seconds as the group moves up the line.

Casting mage armor and false life, then spending two arcane reservoir points to replace them with protection from evil and flaming sphere.

Just before they reach the glyph, Garduk turns to Bo. "I have a wand with the spell for magical armor," he says to the archer. "I'd be happy to cast it on you if you would like."

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel produces the same kind of wand. If you would be so kind, Garduk. My animal forms do not benefit from my armor. As well, I have a wand to make you faster on your feet if you would like.

Longstrider castings if anyone wants.

Grel similarly prepares for the journey ahead, kneeling to the ground, touching the worked stone from where draws his power. Leylines appear on the stone he makes contact with.

Casting Longstrider (CL 8, 8hrs), Greater Magic Fang (CL 9 with Place Magic, 9hrs), Heightened Awareness (CL 8, 80min), Barkskin (CL 8, 80min). Assuming Garduk assists with my Mage Armor wand.

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

The monk bows gracioulsly, "Thank you for the kind offer Master GardukthewelljustGarduk. However, I have one that is similar in nature." He activates the wand, feeling the protection wash over him. He then focuses for a moment, calling on inner energies to strengthen his skin. He pulls a small bag and removes a small white crystal marked with the symbol of Irori. After a brief meditation, the crystal becomes gray. The archer then places the gem into a separate bag.

Have the same wand and doing the same thing. Also spending a Ki point to cast Barkskin. Both have an hour duration. Activating a Meditation Crystal to recover the Ki Point.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

With supernatural speed, bruise-colored clouds gather in the sky above the jungle, bringing with them a stinging rain that reeks of embalming fluid. Just above the tree line, horizontal bolts of purple lightning leap between the clouds. Thunder rumbles unceasingly across the landscape.

The slowly moving stream to the east gives off a pungent odor here. A yellowish mist clings to its surface. The path ahead opens a bit into a clearing. The few trees and ancient buildings here are coated with a heavy layer of sickly, green fungus that oozes a sweet-smelling, purple fluid when disturbed.

DC 15 Knowledge (nature) or Survival:
None of the plants in the area are natural, and that they are instead amalgamations of plant, fungal, and animal matter.

In the middle of a clearing ahead stands a tremendous bramble of intertwined bushing rising from a sizable pile of bones heaped at its roots, and its thorny flowers drip blood.

DC25 Knowledge (Nature):
This is a Blood Bramble. These aggressive, ambulatory brambles closely resemble large patches of normal bushes, a similarity they take advantage of with deadly efficacy. Although they are autotrophic, blood brambles also gain water and nutrients by consuming the blood of living creatures. They are avid hunters, though they are not known to be territorial. On rare occasions, they may take up permanent residence, but only in regions where both sunlight and prey remain plentiful, such as along trade routes.

Initiative:

Bo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Corona: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Garduk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Grel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Hanlin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Red: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Bo
Red
Hanlin
Garduk
Grel
Corona

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Nature {Monster Lore}: 1d20 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 6 = 25

"A Blood Bramble. It will attempt to drain your blood."

Do we have a link to the map? I am certain it is obvious, but I can't find it.

The monk mutters a spell, then knocks an arrow.

Casting Gravity Bow

Snake Style:
While using the Snake Style feat, when an opponent targets you with a melee or ranged attack, you can spend an immediate action to make a Sense Motive check. You can use the result as your AC or touch AC against that attack. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Sense Motive for AC: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Sorry - forgot to roll for the temporary hit points from false life: False Life: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Garduk assists Grel with his wand, and accepts the druid's offer. He takes the wand and attempts to cast its spell.

I believe longstrider is personal only, so Garduk will attempt to cast it with use magic device.

UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Garduk glares at the wand, then tries again to activate it.

UMD: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Thank you, Grel," he growls, handing the wand back. "Much appreciated."


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

I made teh post and was formatting the map. Link is at the top now :)

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Sorry, couldn’t find the link. Proper post in a few.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Reesa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Bo
Red
Hanlin
Garduk
Reesa
Grel
Corona

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

The sorcerer grins at everyone as she runs up behind them. ”Sorry I’m late. Teleportation is a pain sometimes.”. She was a beautiful aasimar with multicolored hair shimmering around her.

Is it okay to have used a wand to cast Mage Armor, GM?

She is currently holding a large rod in her left hand as she prepares for battle. Lesser Rod of Persistent Spell.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Bo prepares himself by casting a spell on his bow as the Blood Bramble undulates across the ground. Its leading tendrils snake forward and the mass rolls across the ground behind them.

Combat Round 1/2 - Bold May Act

Bo
Red
Hanlin
Garduk
Reesa
Grel
Corona

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

The monk begins a steady barrage, calling upon inner focus to increase the speed of his shots. Figuring his standard arrow may not be as effective, the archer fires blunt-tipped arrows instead.

Spending a Ki point to add a shot to a full attack

Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Blunt}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1, 6) + 10 = 19

Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Blunt}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 10 = 16

Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Blunt}: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 10 = 14

Hornbow {Ki Point/PBS/DA/Blunt}: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 10 = 17

With Point Blank Master, ranged attacks do NOT provoke Attacks of Opportunity

Snake Style:
While using the Snake Style feat, when an opponent targets you with a melee or ranged attack, you can spend an immediate action to make a Sense Motive check. You can use the result as your AC or touch AC against that attack. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Sense Motive for AC: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (20) + 26 = 46

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

"Ew, gross! But...it's better than ghosts," Corona grimaces. She starts to move but then scowls down at her lower half.

"Not again! Legs, you never work when I need you to!"

With a frustrated sigh, Corona instead flicks her wrist and a small wand drops down into her hand. "Sorry New Friends, sometimes my limbs get all funny when there's trouble! It should be okay in a few seconds, though!"

She gives the wand a wave, granting a small blessing to the group.

Oracle Curse - Powerless Prophecy:

You are forewarned of danger but can’t act to prevent it. You gain uncanny dodge, as the rogue class feature. However, you can’t take any actions in a surprise round, including free actions, except for flash of insight (see Revelations below). In the absence of a surprise round, you are staggered for the entire first round of combat. At 5th level, you gain a +4 insight bonus on initiative checks. At 10th level, you gain improved uncanny dodge as the rogue ability, using your oracle level as your rogue level. At 15th level, you gain a +4 insight bonus on all your saving throws and to your AC during surprise rounds and when you are otherwise unaware of an attack.

______________

Corona retrieves her wand of Bless from her spring-loaded wrist sheath and uses it on the group. Charges remaining (21).

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel approaches with shield and hammer in hand. Sauntering up to the creature, he attempts to strike it with his silver warhammer.

warhammer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Reesa casts Haste on the group, tapping into her reservoir of magic.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

"Gods, but that thing is ugly!"

Garduk considers calling out to the Great Beyond for assistance.

We've only barely started this mission. I'd better conserve my power for now.

Instead, Garduk reaches into his component pouch and pulls out a candle stub with crumbs of brimstone and metallic powder wedged into the tallow, along with a vial of alchemist's fire. He twirls one hand in a circle and barks, "Valloiva liekki!"

A burning globe of fire appears rolls along the path onto the blood bramble.

Flaming sphere (DC17 Reflex negates): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 1) = 7

Using the alchemist's fire as an alchemical power component (Adventurer's Armory): Flaming Sphere (M): Any creature damaged by a flaming sphere catches on fire as if it has been struck by alchemist’s fire.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin watches the sky around them and then the quick reactions of the group. Bless? Why that's my opening line! Seeing as the creature hasn't torn anyone's limbs off yet, he pulls out a dusty crossbow and fires off a shot into the chaos of melee.

Light Crossbow, normal bolt, melee, bless, haste: 1d20 + 8 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 181d8 ⇒ 1

Sorry, knowing full well these specials require endurance I'll save my resources until they're certainly needed.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Bo shoots four times, the first two hit as does the last one. As the arrows strike some of their impact is absorbed by the tangle of vines.

Grel swings and misses.

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Garduk's fire hits and the flames lick around the Brambles, burning very well on the organic matter.

Hanlin fires and misses.

Red shifts slightly (5 foot step) and lashes tendrils at Bo and Grel

vines 1 Vs Bo: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

vines 2 Vs Bo: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

vines 1 Vs Grel: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

vines 2 Vs Grel: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Bleed Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Both attacks against Bo miss, but Grel is not so lucky.

Combat Round 2/3 - Bold May Act

Bo
Red -32
Hanlin
Garduk
Reesa
Grel -20, 1 Bleed
Corona

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel is a little more revved up now and begins the warhammer drubbing.

warhammer, bless: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

warhammer, bless, iterative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

warhammer, bless, haste: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Grel swings thrice, but only connects with the first and that one seems to do very little damage.

Combat Round 2/3 - Bold May Act

Bo
Red -33
Hanlin
Garduk
Reesa
Grel -20, 1 Bleed
Corona

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

Noticing the blunt arrows were resisted, Bo sees no reason not to switch back to simpler arrows. Not expecting magical assistance, the young monk's aim is thrown off as he fires off four more arrows.
(Well, the dicebot's aim is to blame really.)

Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 4, 4) + 10 = 22

Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 10 = 20

Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 16
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 10 = 22

Hornbow {Hasted/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 15
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 10 = 21

Snake Style:
While using the Snake Style feat, when an opponent targets you with a melee or ranged attack, you can spend an immediate action to make a Sense Motive check. You can use the result as your AC or touch AC against that attack. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Sense Motive for AC: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (17) + 26 = 43

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

RNG is being very stingy.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

The blood bramble does not move far enough to escape the flaming sphere, only presenting it with a new part of its body to scorch. For a few moments, flames continue to lick at the area already burned by the spell before dying out.

Additional fire damage from alchemical power component: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Flaming sphere (DC17), round 2: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) = 7

Garduk takes a step back and draws one of his wands of magic missile. He growls the command words - "Maaginen ohjus!" - and two ice-blue darts appear in front of him before speeding into the monstrous plant.

Magic Missile, CL3: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

Very stingy indeed.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin takes a step back, reloads and fires off another bolt. "Grel, it doesn't look like you're doing much more to that ball of thorns than feeding it your blood. Withdraw and we'll try to burn it down from afar!" The cleric hollers over the roar of battle.

Light Crossbow, normal bolt, melee, bless, haste: 1d20 + 8 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 81d8 ⇒ 7

Nor am I doing anything but wasting these bolts...

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Reesa also casts a magic missile spell and 4 bolts streak through he air before hitting the plant.

Magic missile damage 4d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 1) + 4 = 11

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel braces for another thrashing, Better it bloody me than ruin that pretty face of yours. For such a big target it is seeming elusive.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Only 1 of Bo's arrows hits the Bramble and it does not seem to do as much damage as it should.

Garduk's fire continues to burn.

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

The enemy avoids the ball of rolling flame however but a couple of magic missiles barrages slam into it, doing damage.

Hanlin continues to struggle to target the enemy.

Grel Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Red targets Grel and Bo again.

vines 1 Vs Bo: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

vines 2 Vs Bo: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Bleed: 1d6 ⇒ 5

vines 1 Vs Grel: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

vines 2 Vs Grel: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Bo, I assume the second attack hits. Does the Snake Style feat only work on the first attack?

Combat Round 3/4 - Bold May Act

Bo (take 11 damage and 5 bleed please)
Red -63
Hanlin
Garduk
Reesa
Grel (take 13 damage and 3 more points from bleed please)
Corona (delay)

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

As I understand it, because it is an immediate action, I can do it in response to being hit. So in this case, it would use against the first "hit", not the first "attack". Not as usefull as mirror image and the like, but not bad either.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Ignore the damage above.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

HP -47. Would like to use the first Healing Aid Token, please. Never rolled my knowledge, looking for DR.

kn nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Oh. Never mind.

Grel continues to attack the bramble.

warhammer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

warhammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

warhammer, confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

warhammer, haste: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Grel swings and hits with his second attack, Sadly though all of the damage is absorbed by the springy structure of the brambles.

Does not confirm

Healing from Aid Token: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 5) = 19

Everyone regains up to 19 HP

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Where are we in initiative?

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

My bad. I may have jumped the gun.

1 to 50 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost III - GM Ietsuna - Siege of Gallowspire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.