Outpost III - GM Ietsuna - Siege of Gallowspire (Inactive)

Game Master Ietsuna

<<<MAP>>>

Aid Spreadsheet


51 to 100 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Could we get an updated initiative tracker with who's turn and damage taken again?

Hanlin winces as Grel gets slashed again "Of all the times to not prepare spiritual weapon, today it MAY have come in handy."

In all seriousness, I almost never hit with that damned sword.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Combat Round 3/4 - Bold May Act

Bo
Red -63
Hanlin
Garduk
Reesa
Grel
Corona (delay)

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

"...Oh!"

Corona blinks, having inexplicably fallen into a sort of daze. "Sorry New Friends, I spaced out for a second. But now my legs work again!"

She advances forward a bit, stopping between Hanlin and Bo.

"Hmm...maybe this will help until we can beat the uh...sap? Chlorophyll? Or whatever, out of this thing!"

As she speaks, Corona fixes the plant-monster with an incredibly baleful, malevolent stare.

Caster Level vs. SR (If Necessary): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
______________

Corona moves to her current map position and casts Ill Omen on Red.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

Bo focuses on 'The Path'. He falls into a steady rhythm, sending arrow after arrow into the corrupted forest entity.

Thundering Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 34
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 1, 2) + 10 = 19

CONFIRM?: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 30
ADDITIONAL Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 6d6 + 20 + 2d8 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 5) + 20 + (8, 2) = 45 {On a critical, it deals an additional 2d8 points of sonic damage. Target must make a DC 14 Fort save or be deafened permanently.}

Thundering Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) + 10 = 18

Thundering Hornbow {Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3, 1) + 10 = 20

Thundering Hornbow {HASTED/Flurry/PBS/DA/Haste/Bless}: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage {GB/PBS/DA}: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 2, 4) + 10 = 21

Snake Style:
While using the Snake Style feat, when an opponent targets you with a melee or ranged attack, you can spend an immediate action to make a Sense Motive check. You can use the result as your AC or touch AC against that attack. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed.
Sense Motive for AC: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (14) + 26 = 40

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Flaming sphere (DC17), round 3: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) = 8

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Hrmm. This thing seems to burn pretty well. Let's see if I can turn up the heat.

Warily, Garduk moves closer to the blood bramble and stretches one arm towards the vampiric plant, spreading his fingers wide. He pulls another alchemist's fire from his component pouch and growls, "Liekin tuuletin!" A cone of flame blasts out from his hand and flask disappears from his hand.

Burning hands (DC16 Reflex half): 5d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 3, 4) = 15

On the off chance it fails its Reflex save, the blood bramble will take 1d6 more fire damage on its next turn.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Seeing how a mysterious pathfinder just healed everyone, Hanlin reloads and fires off another crossbow bolt into the plant mass. "All goes well so far."

Light Crossbow, normal bolt, melee, bless, haste: 1d20 + 8 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 131d8 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Hoping the others had taken the beast down, Reesa pulls her magic missile wand and fires a bolt of magical energy at it.

Damage 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Bo sends a volley of arrows into the Blood Bramble and they strike, one with awesome effect.

Bramble Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

The Baramble avoids the sphere, but the burning Hands finishes it off. It has 1 HP left after Bo's attack. Not rolling save.

You continue moving towards your destination. Signs of a pitched battle are obvious in this small clearing. The twisted, corrupt vegetation has been burned, and the smell of a recent fire floats through the air. Immediately to the north, an outcropping of rock rises a dozen feet over the carnage. A half-dozen Burning Sun orcs mill about the clearing, finishing off the last of the creatures they recently felled.

DC 18 Perception:
Scattered among the orcs’ clothing and adornments are several symbols of Sarenrae.

The orc who is presumably the leader hails you. Halt. What are you doing here is Gallowgarden?

If you have played Pathfinder Society Scenario #10-04: Reaver’s Roar:
You recognize the orc leader as Grenir.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

I’ve GMed 10-04 but didn’t apply the credit to this character.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Garduk raises an eyebrow and his scarred face twists into a grimace. "Hrrmmm. We are with the Pathfinder Society, traveling to the remains of Gallowspire to put an end to a ritual started by Tar-Baphon when he escaped. And you - you are Sarenites? What are you doing here?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

How long between teleporting and meeting the orcs?

Perception. +2 if within 80 minutes of our teleport. : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Gm:
Grel played Reaver's Roar but I don't recall a Grenir. Uirich was the name of the orc we rescued in that scenario.

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

The young monk's face lightens at the sight of the orc leader. "You are Grenir. It is I, Bo. We met when a group of Pathfinders and myself culled a beast in your lands last year. We are here to assist in securing the Gallowspire."

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

Perception (DC 18): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Corona waves cheerfully at the orcs, clearly not alarmed to see them.

"Hello New Friends! I'm Corona and these are my other New Friends," she calls out. "We're here to try and put a stop to whatever the Whispering Tyrant has going on down in what's left of Gallowspire! You're with Sarenrae, right? It's nice to see more friendly faces out here."

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

”Greetings. I’m Reesa, and as my friends said, we are on a mission for the Society to assist with the Gallowspire.”

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Perception DC18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Hanlin is far too busy, and concerned with meeting up with a bunch of orcs in the jungle to notice anything. "Sarenites?" He looks to the others, who seem much more at ease with seeing what he's seeing.

"They speak the truth, we're headed for Gallowspire, to vaporize some undead and hopefully save Golarion." Iomedae, give me the courage to put forth a reassuring smile. Touch of Glory

Diplomacy, ToG: 1d20 + 16 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 8 = 41

"What can you tell us of what you've found so far?"

Touch of Glory:

Touch of Glory (Sp): (6x/day) You can cause your hand to shimmer with divine radiance, allowing you to touch a creature as a standard action and give it a bonus equal to your cleric level on a single Charisma-based skill check or Charisma ability check. This ability lasts for 1 hour or until the creature touched elects to apply the bonus to a roll. You can use this ability to grant the bonus a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng emerges from the jungle, addressing the scouts. “Sometimes, there is great power to going unnoticed. Especially when you’re walking into dangerous territory. Not everyone in the big, obvious group of Pathfinders on the front lines understands the value of subtlety. Let’s make sure that they know what they’re walking into, so they are ready to act fast when danger strikes.” Players, you can send your Scout Aid Characters on this mission.

GMs, please begin the Aid Mission (Scout) when you reach a good point to do so.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Grenir looks at the figure who just burst through the undergrowth. Please do not let me interrupt such an important discussion.

You may elect to send your nominated scouts on a Scout mission. The risks are higher, but the rewards are also higher. Who will send their scouts?Grel if you send yours please roll 2d6. Corona if you choose to send yours please roll 3d6, Reesa please roll 4d6. You can all send them if you like.

Grenir looks a little distrustful of you all. How do we know that you are not some foul manifestation of the Tyrant, sent to kill us?

You must convince her of your authenticity. Skill checks with appropriate RP. Pick a skill, any skill. If you can justify it I will accept it. You might use Knowledge (religion) to discuss Sarenrae’s faith, Diplomacy to express goodwill, Bluff to confound the orcs into letting their guard down, or Survival to point out a nearby danger that the orcs may have missed or something else.

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Reesa sends her scout out to gather information. ”Please be careful, Ruprecht.”

Scout 4d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2, 6) = 19

”Please, we are here to assist, not to fight you. We killed a blood bramble on our way here, which could have harmed your soldiers. Please let us demonstrate how helpful we could be.”

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

I did not submit a scout character. Also, could you check my GM spoiler above? Just looking to make a connection.

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

I actually don't have a Scout either; looks like Bo, Garduk, and Reesa have Scout characters.

Corona considers the question for a moment and then shrugs.

"That's a good question, New Friend. But how do WE know that YOU aren't a foul manifestation of the Tyrant, sent to kill US?"

She thinks on it for a second or two more.

"You know, New Friend, I've seen other New Friends sometimes use a long stick or a pole when walking around in swampy places, to test where the footing is sold and where it isn't. Maybe the same could work here, if you want to try it? Poke one of us with a stick and make sure that our existence is solid and not an illusion or some other trick!"

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

"You think the Whispering Tyrant sent us here to kill you? That's the most ... oh, yes, Merisiel, please go on ahead. Be careful."

Merisiel (scout): 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

"Hrmm. What was I ... right. Listen..."

(Garduk switches to Orcish in irritation.)

"... bIlengtaHvIS vIHtaHbogh sarenrae chaq vISovbe' pagh dawnflower, worship tuq qem whatever 'ach wizards vISovbe' 'ej pIm bIquv wizards vISov. , SoH yIjatlh muH, vIlle' ngeH 'Iv necromancer qar not vIqIH?"

Orcish:
"I may not know much about Sarenrae or whatever brought your tribe to worship the Dawnflower, but I know wizards, and I know the different kinds of wizards. I've never met a necromancer who would send his minions to talk you to death, have you?"

Knowledge (arcana)?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

I will send my Scout. How many dice should I roll?

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

Scouting: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
Scouting: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) = 12
Scouting: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 4, 4) = 16

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin reiterates his question, complete with the award winning smile of an Iomedian Priest. He holds up his own holy symbol, a tiny silver sword on his necklace, as well as a tattoo on the palm of his hand. "I'm not sure how much more I can do to convince you of our allegiances."

Hanlin rolled a 41 diplomacy the post before yours asking for one.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Emerging from the shadows ahead, a group of vigilant Pathfinder agents keeps a close eye out for danger. Surely, they will help you act quickly against your foes. The Scout Mission was successful!

Table GMs, the Scout Mission Success condition on page 11 is in effect.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

I messed up and looked at the guard line, not the scout line. Sorry.

Grel:
I have not played the scenario is question so I cannot say where the connection to the orc here comes from. I assume that you met her somewhere, but not sure where.

You have successfully convinced Grenir and her orcs of your good intentions. We have been here fighting for some time. Perhaps our experiences will aid you What would you like to know.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin smiles and introduces himself "Hanlin Ciderbrow, great to meet you." He offers a hand shake all around before tossing out some ideas.

"Well, I guess some basics are in order... how's the path to where we're looking to go? Is it easy to see? Are there many patrols or maybe traps to be wary of? What sort of guardians, patrols, and other nasties have you come across?" Hanlin just blurts it all out. He's not much for wilderness adventuring and hopes things are pretty straight forward.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Garduk switches back to Taldane once the orcs accept the Pathfinders as allies.

"Hrmm. Yes, all of Hamlin's questions. Also, who or what were you fighting with just now? And have you come across any survivors of the explosion that have any useful information?"

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

Grel nods in recognition of Grenir. Good to see you again. We want to be most helpful for the rank and file that follow also. Whatever we can do to clear the way.


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

There is an easier path down the crater on the southwest side. I lost one of my scouts finding that path. Now that you’re here, I can see that his sacrifice will light the way for many others. I wish we had gotten farther, but we were attacked by shapeless monstrosities and several constructs almost as soon as we got to the bottom. We have learned that there is much happening in the dungeons. Some great evil stirs. It is... building up to something. I don’t know what. My group was unable to get very far, and I’ve already lost half my force. We will return to our lands to tell Mahja what we know. But first, let us help you reach the crater.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin offers up a prayer for the lost souls "Their sacrifices will not be in vain. We'll stop that ritual or perish trying." Hanlin draws his sword, symbolically, and lets the orcs lead the way to the path down the crater.

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Shevar Besnik steps forward, his clothing ripped but a smile on his face. “Pathfinders! We’re almost to... well, the crater where Gallowspire once stood. Be sure you cut down any opposition; we don’t want them creeping down after us or blocking our exit!” Shevar raises a weapon and charges into battle.

With a final surge, the expeditionary force of Pathfinders finishes off the last of its foes. Shevar Besnik nods to Ollysta Zadrian, and the two lead the expedition to the edge of a massive crater. The crater’s sides are smooth and glassy, as if melted by an immense heat. Several passageways extend from the sides of the crater, many of them nearly blocked by tons of fallen earth. Ollysta Zadrian narrows her eyes and points at the bottom with her sword. “That way leads to the Catacombs, and beyond it the wards set up by the Whispering Tyrant. Steel yourselves,” she says, sheathing her weapon.

GMs, please begin part 3.

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Reesa quickly uses another charge from her wand of mage armor.

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

"Hmm. Now things are getting really serious, New Friends," Corona remarks as she stares down into the crater with its' multiple passages leading into darkness. "But I'm ready to keep going if you are. I'll go as far as I can."
______________

Corona is good to proceed when/if everyone else is~

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

Bo also refreshes his defenses.

Using two more meditation crystals for a full Ki pool


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

We are on slide 2

Mounted on the walls here are numerous severed heads of a variety of magical creatures and beings, writhing in a mockery of life. As you enter you see a creature comprised of bones and skulls held together with ropey sinews.

DC18 Knowledge (Arcana):
This is a Bone Golem. They are generally created to guard tombs and the like

Initiative:

Bo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Corona: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Garduk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Grel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Hanlin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Reesa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
trap: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (7) - 4 = 3

Red lets out a roar and advances on you.

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Red
Corona
Bo
Hanlin
Reesa
Garduk
Grel

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

Know. Arcana 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

”Uh oh, this is a bone golem. They usually defend tombs, burial grounds and thE like. They are trouble!”

Reesa tried to quickly summon a pit underneath the golem.

Create Pit. DC 18 Ref to resist.

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

"Right, bone golem." What do I remember about bone golems?

Questions about bone golems:
Damage reduction, defenses, saves ranked from best to worst, special attacks

Garduk’s actions depend on the results of his knowledge check.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Is that the marching order we set up? I swapped spots with Grel, if that's not ok then swap us back Grel.

Hanlin gives the creature a good look then shakes his head "Odd, you'd think a creature made of bones and created to guard tombs would be in the Iomedian Religious Monsters Guidebook..." He quickly takes out his wand of bless and shows the group with bubbly blessings from above.

Bless, 1 minute. +1 morale bonus to hit, +1 vs fear.

Dark Archive

Male Dwarf Druid 8 (menhir savant) | HP 62/62 | AC 24/12/22 | F+9 R+5 W+12 | CMD 21 | Init +2 | Perc +17| Active Conditions: Resist Acid 10, Longstrider, GMF, Barkskin, Heightened Awareness

No worries, Hanlin.

Grel steps forward to brace against the monster.

Move, Total Defense. AC 25

Grand Lodge

HP: 14+68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 10/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60' | Reroll: 1/1

The monk moves closer and once again enhances his weapon.

Gravity Bow

Snake Style:
Sense Motive for AC: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (4) + 26 = 30

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

"Ew...just because you CAN make something it doesn't mean that you SHOULD. This is a good example, New Friends!"

Noticing that Hanlin pulls a similar maneuver to the one that she herself did earlier, Corona takes a different approach this time and begins casting. Even from her position at the rear of the group she has no problem reaching the bone golem with her magic, conjuring a burst of light directly in the thing's face!

CL vs. SR (If Necessary): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Burst of Radiance: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 2, 1) = 13

If SR isn't a thing (or Corona beats it) then the bone golem needs to make a DC 16 Reflex; it takes the damage no matter what but the save determines the effects below.

If Reflex Failed, Blinded For...: 1d4 ⇒ 3 rounds.
If Reflex Passed, Dazzled For...: 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds.
______________

Corona casts Burst of Radiance~


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

Bone golems have DR against any attack that is not Adamantine and Bludgeoning. They are immune to all the standard construct things and magic. Saves in order from Best to Worst are Reflex, Fort, Will. Special attacks are Bone Prison. It throws bones at you and makes a prison.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

I am assuming that Garduk would have shared the immunity to magic with you Corona, so I will allow you to retcon your turn if you like.

The golem manages to avoid falling into the pit.

Combat Round 1 - Bold May Act

Red
Corona
Bo
Hanlin
Reesa
Garduk [/b]
Grel

Dark Archive

M Half-Orc (Shaman's Apprentice) | Arcanist (occultist) 7 | HP: *42+21/42 | *AC:21 T:13 FF:20 | CMB:+3 CMD:16 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+6; +1 vs death eff. | Init:+5 | Per:+7, SM: +0 | Speed 40'* | *Active: M. Arm. (7), F. Life (7), Longstr. (1), Shield, Spider Climb, Aid | Arc Res 0/13 |
Spells Memorized:
lvl 3: (3/4) haste, pellet blast (DC19); lvl 2: 1/5 create pit (DC18), flaming sphere (DC17), knock; lvl 1, 2/6: burning hands (DC16), feather fall, grease (DC17), prot. v. evil, vanish

Thanks, GM - Garduk's actions for round 1:

"Watch out for the bone cages it throws! We're going to need blunt weapons made from star metal - adamantine - to take down this monstrosity! It's faster on its feet than it looks! Even our spells won't work on it directly!"

He sighs and his scowl deepens. But I know someone who can hurt it, don't I?

Garduk moves a few steps into the chamber but stops well away from the bone golem. His eyes lose focus for a moment as he calls out to the Great Beyond for assistance. Something answers.


Summoned Lantern Archon (augment summoning) | HP 15/15 | AC 16* T 12* FF 15; DR 10/evil | CMB -1*, CMD 9*| F: +6, R: +5*, W: +0; +4 vs poison | Init: +4 | Perc: +4 darkvision, SM: +5 | Speed fly 90ft | Light Ray x2: +5* ranged touch, 1d6 | Aura of Menace, 20’ radius, DC 13 Will | *Active conditions: Prayer, Haste

The scent of pure sunshine and the sound of dew condensing on flower petals are the only warnings of the imminent arrival of a new combatant. In the next moment, the gloom that fills the room is forced back to the room's corners as a ball of pure, white light appears in the air between the Pathfinders and the golem (about 15' from the bone golem and 5' above it; trying to place it just within 20' feet).

Each of the living creatures in the corridor hears the archon's words as though in their native tongue. It speaks quickly, its voice cheerful and high-pitched, almost a squeak.

"Hi! I'm from Heaven, and I'm here to help!"

Garduk points out the undead construct at the center of the room. The floating sphere of light turns an angry red.

"No-no-no! Dead things are supposed to stay dead! This is not right AT ALL!"

A beam of light erupts from its center in the direction of the bone golem. Another follows immediately after.

Light Ray (vs touch AC): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 ⇒ 4

Light Ray (vs touch AC): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 6

Also, the bone golem must make a will save (DC 13) against the archon's aura of menace.

Light Ray (Ex):
A lantern archon can fire beams of light to damage foes. These light rays have a maximum range of 30 feet. This attack overcomes damage reduction of any type.

Aura of Menace (Su):
Any hostile creature within a 20-foot radius of an archon must succeed on a Will save (DC 13) to resist its effects. The save DC is Charisma-based, and includes a +2 racial bonus. Those who fail take a –2 penalty on attacks, AC, and saves for 24 hours or until they successfully hit the archon that generated the aura. A creature that has resisted or broken the effect cannot be affected again by the same archon’s aura for 24 hours.

Silver Crusade

HP: 52/52 l AC: 17, T 11, FF 16 l CMD 18 l F +5, R +4, W +8, +10 vs. madness/confusion l Aging Touch (2/2), Knowledge of the Ages (4/4), Speed/Slow Time (1/1), Time Flicker (6/7 min), Time Hop (20/70 ft.) l L1: 5/7, L2: 5/7, L3: 4/5 l Init +5 l Senses: Perception +2
Skills:
Diplomacy +10, Intimidate +15, Kn. History +8, Kn. Religion +7, Kn. Planes +13, Profession: Baker +12, Sense Motive +6, Spellcraft +7
Female Human Oracle (Dual-Cursed) 7 | Active Conditions: Lucky #4, +7 Temp HP

As tends to happen sometimes when Corona is around, time flickers and warps slightly, returning her to the near-past which is now the present, before she'd cast her spell.

"Immune to magic, New Friend? All magic? Um...okay, that's going to make this a lot harder, then..."

Corona instead staggers back a pace and conjures up the warm and fuzzy feeling of thoughts and prayers to further bolster the party.
______________

Corona takes a 5 ft. step back and casts Prayer. It obviously won't affect the golem but it should get everyone else!

Silver Crusade

Celestial Sorcerer 8 | AC (16)12/12/10 | HP 58/58 | F+7,R+6,W+9 | SR 13 vs. Spell cast by evil outsiders or with evil descriptor | Resist acid 5 & resist cold 5 | Init.+2 | Perc+3 | SenseMotive+1 | Darkvision 60' |

”Does anyone ave weapons that can hurt this thing? If not, I’ll try the pit thing again and try to hold it while we pick it off from range!”

Grand Lodge

The Disappeared || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Master of Spells Sorrina Westyr frowns at the black veins running through Gallowspire’s walls. “Do you see that? That’s pure negative energy flowing through the walls. It’s strengthening every undead creature in all of Gallowspire. If we don’t do something about it, I shudder to think how tough our battles will be against Gallowspire’s strongest defenders. Let’s put a stop to it here and now!” Players, you can send your Spellcaster Aid Characters on this mission.

GMs, please begin the Aid Mission (Spellcaster) when you reach a good point to do so.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP (67)59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 31/50 Bless: 28/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 5/6 Channel 5/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 6/8 | Effects: 1 CON Drain, Shield of Faith +3 8mins, aid, Pain: -4 attack/skills/ability

Hanlin hollers back to his friend and arcane master Mr Peppers "See what you can't do to stop that magic would you Mr Peppers? Now is the time to shine!"

Moving on, Hanlin grits his teeth as Garduk relays the weaponry needed to take down the bone golem. "My longsword is made of adamantine, but no matter how many doors its hacked it's never turned itself into a blunt tool."

GM: Just let me know what I need to roll to send my spellcaster into battle!


PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

It is immune to any magic that has Spell Resist

Will Vs Aura of Menace: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The Bone Golem resists the aura of the Archon.

Spellcaster Aid Mission rolls please. 2d6 for a 4th-level NPC Pathfinder, 3d6 for a 5th- to 8th-level Aid Character, 4d6 for a 9th- to 12th-level Aid Character, 5d6 for a 13th- to 16th-level Aid Character, or 6d6 for a 17th- to 20th-level Aid Character.

The golem fixates its gaze on Grel, reaches into its own chest and draws out a handful of dripping flesh and bone. It throws them at the druid.

Bone Prison, RTA: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Grel is trapped within the bone prison as it solidifies around him.

Essentially you are grappled. You can escape as if it were a grapple of by dealing damage to the cage

Combat Round 2 - Bold May Act

Red -10
Corona
Bo
Hanlin
Reesa
Garduk
Grel

The Concordance

Male Elf Arcanist 11 HP: 68/68 Temp HP:? AC: 13(17) FF:10 T:13 F:+10 R:+11 W:+12 (Remaining Spells: 1st: 6/6, 2nd: 6/6, 3rd: 5/5, 4th: 5/5, 5th: 4/4, Arcana: 11/17) Effects: False Life, Overland Flight

"A magical menace you say? I'm on it, don't wait up for me, but do wash your hands before you thank me when I return." The Elven Arcanist flies off to unravel whatever pathetic magics await.

Probably conjured in by some idiot Gnome. Wouldn't know the difference between Arcane Theory and Theory of a Dead man.

Into the Fray!: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 6, 5) = 18

51 to 100 of 376 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Outpost III - GM Ietsuna - Siege of Gallowspire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.