Children of Gaia, PbP

Game Master Tarren Dei

The year is 2085 on Earth Z. Things got bad, but they're getting better. The Regional Authorities are hammering North America back into some semblance of civilization. The Regional Authority Intelligence Network is the hammer.


701 to 750 of 926 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Archeron wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Archeron:
Things are going well as you sneak back to the vehicles, until they aren't. One of the Brigade members was left behind to guard the vehicles and sees you coming, he pulls a knife before he thinks to shout. his init.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Zellgato wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

ONE:
Von Junzt sees Zellgato and Gristlethorn coming out of the door and firing at the locking mechanism. Hopefully, that will slow people down. People are running around trying to figure out what is going on now. It's dark.

TWO:
A couple of other guards enter through the door IX melted. They see Brother Andrew's face and look startled for a second. When he commands them to help him restrain IX, they try to help him, but they look confused and dopey as they do.

Brother Andrew restrain IX: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Gaian Apprentice 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Gaian Apprentice 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male NE Human corporate agent witchwarper 3 | SP 5/15 HP 19/19 | RP 6/6 | EAC 14; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Infinite Worlds, Push Grenade, Improved Feint, Spell Feint, Voice Amplifier | Spells: Baleful Polymorph, Grease, Fear, Charm Person; Daze, Fatigue, Hazard, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, Charming Veneer

One:
Von Junzt sees his colleagues emerging from the building, waits for them to see him, and moves toward the entrance of the compound, walking outside. He waits to see if anyone interrupts them.


Archeron wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Archeron:
You've got the initiative. Keeping this guy quiet is going to make it much easier for you to steal a vehicle.

Male Uplifted Bear Envoy 3

One:

Girstlethorn falls in line with Von Junzt, trying to project an air of 'important people doing important things'.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

Archeron burst up and moved next to him, shoving his pistol in the man's face. "Shut your mouth, and I won't kill you." His voice was low, and completely lacked malice, as if Archeron were discussing the weather instead of splattering the young man's brains all over the exterior of the vehicle.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Biohacker Stamina18/18 HP 22/22 Res 5/5 KAC 14 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3 | Biohacks 4/4. Medications 3/3 |

one:

Not knowing whats going on in that room, Zellgato goes along with the others. Following in line with them, hoping he looks like a random extra.
Did you want me to roll bluff as well for that? if so,
dice: 1d20 ⇒ 13 Add nothing for bluff. If you do not need it for bluff, then add 9 for Perception instead


Archeron:
The man acquiesces, keeping his mouth shut.

ONE:
Von Junzt, Zellgato, and Gristlethorn manage to bluff their way past a couple of confused Gaians, but by the time they see the gates of the compound leading out into the camp, they can hear someone shouting "Stop them!" from behind. You're only about 30 feet from the gates. There are a couple of Gaians standing near in front of it, looking out at the compound.

Von Junzt:
The thing inside of you is no longer happy. You are clearly attempting to leave. It thinks that perhaps you should bathe in the light of Gaia instead. It's really just over there. C'mon, wouldn't you love a dip in the pool, a little swimming in the light of Gaia? A DC 10 Will save or head to the shed where you were wed with your new little friend.


Male NE Human corporate agent witchwarper 3 | SP 5/15 HP 19/19 | RP 6/6 | EAC 14; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Infinite Worlds, Push Grenade, Improved Feint, Spell Feint, Voice Amplifier | Spells: Baleful Polymorph, Grease, Fear, Charm Person; Daze, Fatigue, Hazard, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, Charming Veneer

Spoiler:
"Well, gentlemen... good luck. I'll leave this one last gift for you." Von Junzt drops a smoke grenade at his feet.


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

"Wise move. Now keep your mouth shut." Archeron took his knife away then quickly patted him down, looking for a radio or comm unit.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male NE Human corporate agent witchwarper 3 | SP 5/15 HP 19/19 | RP 6/6 | EAC 14; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Infinite Worlds, Push Grenade, Improved Feint, Spell Feint, Voice Amplifier | Spells: Baleful Polymorph, Grease, Fear, Charm Person; Daze, Fatigue, Hazard, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, Charming Veneer

Spoiler:
Von Junzt walks outside the smoke cloud and addresses the two guards: “Brother Andrew is under attack! Hurry and protect him, a bigger strike group might be coming our way as we speak!"
Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11{Calm down little fella, this place is too dangerous and our comrades are thinking too small. You and me, we are going to much bigger places, spread the light of Gaia to much more people. We deserve better than this, and I’ll make sure we finally get it}


Archeron:
You do not find a comm unit. These guys were as much stymied by the communication dampeners as you were. They don't even carry comm units anymore, unlike you.


Gristlethorn and Zellgato:
Von Junzt drops a smoke grenade and disappears. You hear people running up behind you. Last you saw there were figures in the smoke by the gate you intended to leave through.


SP/HP: 26/25 | EAC/KAC: 17/17 | Fort: +9; Ref: +8; Will: +1 | Init +3 | EP: 1

2:
"Oh come on!" IX exclaims as more guys pile on him, though none can get a solid hold. He strikes out once more at Andrew and Chris.

ES v Andrew: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 4 = 6
B: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
ES v Chris: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 4 = 15
B: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

"I'm going to tie you up and gag you. If you don't resist, I won't kill you." Archeron said quietly while looking for something to do exactly that with.

Do I see anything within easy reach that I could use to tie him up? If not, I'll take his belt and bind his hands behind his back with it.


Biohacker Stamina18/18 HP 22/22 Res 5/5 KAC 14 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3 | Biohacks 4/4. Medications 3/3 |

(weird.. i thought i posted and i guess it got lost in the load screen)

GM and GT:

Zellgato gives a thanks to Von Junzt as he goes, and thinks to his partner Gristlethorn "Well, at this point I guess we have to rush the door and hope we can get it open? I can't climb that wall at least."
Having said so, unless Gristlethorn objects to his plan, Zellgato will fire a Flare off to the side towards a building to cause a clear distraction and vision before he and Gristlethorn take advantage of the smoke to get to the Gate.


IX:

Brother Andrew restrains: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Gaian restrains: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Gaian restrains: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Gaian restrains: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Chris is unconscious. You've injured him pretty badly twice now. However, I think by now you're well-restrained and more people are piling on as your team abandons you. Not sure what's going to happen next, but I think you're a prisoner of the Gaians. The good news is, you'll probably get a deeper look at the inside of their facilities.


Archeron:
You do see restraints in the vehicle. A box of restraints, actually. They're the cheap disposable kind. There's probably 40 in the box.


SP/HP: 26/25 | EAC/KAC: 17/17 | Fort: +9; Ref: +8; Will: +1 | Init +3 | EP: 1

2:
If you say so. I await your word then.


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

Man, zipties are great.

Grabbing two pairs of zipties from the vehicle, Archeron binds his hands behind his back and then takes the man's belt and gags him with it. He also zipties his ankles together and lays him facedown.

Once he is secured, Archeron will check both vehicles for keys. He will then disable the vehicle he doesn't select by using the prisoner's knife to slash all of it's tires and then taking the key with him, before driving off towards the dam in the other vehicle.


Male Uplifted Bear Envoy 3

One:

"Agreed, time to flee. I hope the others are doing better than we are."

Gristlethorn starts jogging forward, using his large bulk as a battering ram to clear anything in their way.


ONE:
It's dark and smokey. There are figures blocking the gate. There are people chasing you, but they might have been distracted by the flare. Gristlethorn, make a bull rush attempt to plow through the people blocking the gate and hope that Von Junzt isn't still one of them. Make a Perception check if you want to avoid plowing into Von Junzt.


Archeron:
As you take off in the vehicle, you hear lots of shouting and running as the Brigade members rush back to the vehicle to find it sabotaged. You can drive close to the damn but not right up to it. What's the plan?


IX:
With IX subdued, Brother Andrew becomes more concerned with the fact that his human face is torn revealing scales beneath. At least some of those fastening restraints on IX seem bothered by Brother Andrew's scaly face, but they also seem doped. When Ryder enters the room Brother Andrew orders Ryder to take IX to "the nursery" and keep him there for now. "We're going to need someone to blame for this disturbance. Someone to punish. Humans imagine monsters when they see difference. Take him." With that, IX is hauled to his feet.

Restrained, he's pushed through the door into the street towards the holding center Gristlethorn and Zellgato just escaped from. Partly thanks to Von Junzt shouting and pointing every guard he met in this direction, IX is surrounded, some of those guards didn't buy it though and are chasing the escapees.

If IX wants to try to break free, you could try an Acrobatics check or an attack roll. Either one is with a -4 to the roll because of the restraints. If he succeeds, he'll be fleeing while in restraints within an enemy encampment.


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

To make a vehicle shaped hole in the dam, or at least crack it. Water being water, there's a decent chance that he can damage it enough to cause the dam to break.

Grizzlethorn and GM:

Gizzlethorn's comm unit starts ringing.


SP/HP: 26/25 | EAC/KAC: 17/17 | Fort: +9; Ref: +8; Will: +1 | Init +3 | EP: 1

IX:
IX sees the guards giving chase. Whelp, it looks like they may need more time.. With that IX wheels around and headbutts one of his restraint holders.

ES: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 = 22 OOh, crit!
B: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
B: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"C'mon you panzies! It'll take more that this to restrain me!"


Archeron wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Archeron:
It may be possible to permanently damage this structure. The refugee camp and the town would need to find some alternative generator and rebuild this one. It is pretty much out of commission for the next day or so as is though.

**IX** wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Everybody grab IX:
IX breaks partially free for a minute. He's still wearing restraints, but he breaks the nose of one of them. The pain seems clarifying. He screams in anger and fear and perhaps at the realization he's been holding down at seeing that his religious leader has hidden scales. The others are still somewhat sedated by this.

You've moved from 'pinned' (-4 to rolls) to 'grappled' (-2 to rolls). These guys are a bit dopey from the extra heavy duty the little worm inside them is doing trying to calm their fears. They're going to have a hard chance holding onto you, but there are lots of people with guns around.

Gaian Initiate 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Gaian Initiate 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Gaian Initiate 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Gaian initiate 4, "You brogge bai nose! You brogge bai pucking nose!"

One of them manages to lay hands on you, but they only have a loose grip. Still -2 for dealing with the restraints, not -4 for a 'pinned' condition.


Biohacker Stamina18/18 HP 22/22 Res 5/5 KAC 14 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3 | Biohacks 4/4. Medications 3/3 |

ONE:

Zellgato follows his bigger friend, loadding another Flare and firing it straight into the sky before they exit the smoke cloud. Hoping to cause a stir in the Encampment as well,


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

Okay, let's start with an engineering check to get rough odds on how likely I am to damage the dam. I'll have Crystal pull up an overlay in my head to set a target for.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Gristlethorn, Zellgato, and GM:

Your commlinks begin the chirping sound that indicates you have an incoming call. The caller id simply says The Smiling Bandit. HA HA HA.


Male Uplifted Bear Envoy 3

One:

Using his large mass, Gristlethorn attempts to push through.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Bull Rush: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


SP/HP: 26/25 | EAC/KAC: 17/17 | Fort: +9; Ref: +8; Will: +1 | Init +3 | EP: 1

IX :

IX sets his feet with practiced discipline and exhales. After he quickly he centers himself a smile creeps onto his grotesquely misshapen face. "This, is going to be fun," he says quietly to himself.

IX's long awkward body shifts quickly to one side. The bonds loosen and tighten respectively. This causes one of his captors to fall a little away and another to be pulled toward IX. IX shifts again and swiftly throws an elbow to the face of the captor being pulled toward him.

ES v 3: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 2 = 16
B: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Gristlethorn, Zellgato, and Von Junzt:
Von Junzt is still addressing the two guards, sending even more Gaians to restrain IX, when Gristlethorn and Zellgato come charging through. Gristlethorn tries to knock the guards out of the way, but he just jostles them instead. The guards try to grab the escapees.

Guard AoO on Gristlethorn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Guard AoO on Zellgato: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

The guard grabbing at Zellgato touches him but does not get a grip.

Zellgato and Gristlethorn's comms buzz. See above message from Archeron.

People inside are shouting to the guards at the gate to grab the three of you.


Archeron wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Archeron:
Damaging the concrete of the dam and releasing water is highly unlikely. Damaging some of the mechanism enough so that it requires repair before the generator can work is more possible. You'll do as much or more damage to the vehicle though, so you'd only have one shot.

Everybody grab IX:

Initiate 3 is now in pain and takes a moment to pull himself together.

The initiate whose nose IX busted seems fairly focused. He also is no longer hesitant to hurt IX. He grabs up a piece of wood and swings while the other two Gaians try again to restrain you.

Gaian Initiate 1:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Gaian Initiate 2:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Gaian Initiate 4:: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

None of them are successful.

There's a larger circle forming in the dark around the combatants.


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

GM:

That sounds good to me. Let me know what you would like me to roll besides engineering and I'll do so.


SP/HP: 26/25 | EAC/KAC: 17/17 | Fort: +9; Ref: +8; Will: +1 | Init +3 | EP: 1

IX:
ES v 4: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6
B: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

IX tries to take a jab at the bloodied one, but his bindings get in the way.


Male NE Human corporate agent witchwarper 3 | SP 5/15 HP 19/19 | RP 6/6 | EAC 14; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Infinite Worlds, Push Grenade, Improved Feint, Spell Feint, Voice Amplifier | Spells: Baleful Polymorph, Grease, Fear, Charm Person; Daze, Fatigue, Hazard, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, Charming Veneer

One:
"Go help brother Andrew, NOW! Or he'll be killed because you did nothing!" Von Junzt yells at the guards in front of him.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

Then he moves outside, mingling with the crowd.


Biohacker Stamina18/18 HP 22/22 Res 5/5 KAC 14 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3 | Biohacks 4/4. Medications 3/3 |

one:

Zellgato dodges, but feels how close he was to getting caught--Zellgato runs by while saying "Hey.. Do you really want to fight a bear and a man with nothing to lose? I just want to go home."
Getting through the camp, he'll turn to Gristlethorn. "Think refugees will believe if we just start yelling fire? My tents lost sadly.. door or kid? and continue on running with Gristlehorn for now, hoping they don't give chase.

It wasn't intended as an Aidi Another, but that statement might enough to count as an Aid Another but if it does. I"ll see if I roll enough to actually give a +2 to Von Junzt
Intimidate: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Comm Call with most of us :

Zellgato clicks the button and frantically, and incidentlly too loudly chirps in "Little busy! Be brief!" as the otherside of the call can hear frantic sounds-shouting, hissing, banging on doors and heavy breathing from Zellgato who is trying to move


HP/SP: 22 (22) / 9 (21) | EAC/KAC: 17/19 | Fort: +4; Ref: +5; Will: +1 | Init +2 Non-Lethal: 4

Gristlethorn and Zellgato:

A female voice pops up and says "Archeron is currently preparing to damage or destroy the dam. Please secure the subjects and exit the camp as soon as possible."


Biohacker Stamina18/18 HP 22/22 Res 5/5 KAC 14 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3 | Biohacks 4/4. Medications 3/3 |

Gris/Female Commm:

"That's.. unlikely, it is a random mess right now, infil failed. Intel was gathered. In short. They've got parasite creatures in them. I have eyes on one, unsure where others are." as Von Junzt blended into the crowd but I presume Gristlethorn is still with me


Male Uplifted Bear Envoy 3

One:

"Unlikely or not, Momma would have my claws if we didn't take advantage. Should we grab Genius on the way out? I've tried thinking at her to see if she can pick me up, but she's out of my own range."


Male NE Human corporate agent witchwarper 3 | SP 5/15 HP 19/19 | RP 6/6 | EAC 14; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Infinite Worlds, Push Grenade, Improved Feint, Spell Feint, Voice Amplifier | Spells: Baleful Polymorph, Grease, Fear, Charm Person; Daze, Fatigue, Hazard, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, Charming Veneer

Spoiler:
Von Junzt will find the first unguarded vehicle he can start and hit the road.

Which one is closest, the convoy that left us in the camp or our contact at the diner?


Biohacker Stamina18/18 HP 22/22 Res 5/5 KAC 14 KAC 14 CMAC 22 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3 | Biohacks 4/4. Medications 3/3 |

Gristlethorn:

"Well, lets head towards the way, hopefully you pick her up on the way.. WE're not great at blending in here.. Well lead on, you found her last time, and you're more noticable than I am, plus you're ability. Lets try to find her.... Should we yell fire ?"
Zellgato doesn't know where you found her, nor what you talked about before, last he knew she was out of the area, so he's letting you take the lead tdo the area. Though he is thinking we should shout and try to cause a panic to help cover escape-and possibly get people to leave the camp for now.


IX:
Brother Andrew and three guards with electric cattle prods come barging through the crowd. Brother Andrew's face has a large bandage holding the flap of skin closed that had revealed the scales previously.

Brother Andrew's cattle prod of Gaia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Cattle prod of Gaia 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Cattle prod of Gaia 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

A crowd is forming around IX.

"Don't make us kill you," spits Brother Andrew.


Von Junzt, Zellgato, and Gristlethorn make it out of the compound and into the camp. There are people milling about everywhere but none of them know you're at the center of all this.

Von Junzt:
Around the outside of the compound you can see some white service vehicles that the Gaians use. Stealing one would require an Engineering check to disable the lock. Doing so without being seen would require some kind of Bluff or Stealth.

Gristlethorn and Zellgato:
Gristlethorn isn't finding any telepathic presence of Genius Meadows. You're among the crowd now that is gathered around the compound. Shooting a few flares up attracted attention. Are you following Von Junzt? If he makes a Stealth check, you'll need to make Perception to follow him.


Archeron:
If you are intended to leap out of a vehicle before it hits the concreted dam or before it hits the machinery, then you should make both an Acrobatics check and a Piloting check. If you aren't intending to leap out, then you only need to make a Piloting check. Crashing the car into the concrete creates more permanent damage to the structure, but failing to successfully leap out is going to be more painful. Hitting the mechanism is less dangerous to you should you fail to leap out successfully. You could probably even survive a direct crash.


Male NE Human corporate agent witchwarper 3 | SP 5/15 HP 19/19 | RP 6/6 | EAC 14; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Infinite Worlds, Push Grenade, Improved Feint, Spell Feint, Voice Amplifier | Spells: Baleful Polymorph, Grease, Fear, Charm Person; Daze, Fatigue, Hazard, Ghost Sound, Token Spell, Charming Veneer

Spoiler:
Von Junzt doesn't have technical skills, he's looking for the more crappy cars, like the ones they drove to get to the camp.

701 to 750 of 926 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Children of Gaia, PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.