The last hope of Falcons Hollow

Game Master mathpro18


51 to 67 of 67 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1; HP 16/16; AC 17/13/14 F+5/R+3/W+3; Init +3; Per +7

Makoa sets down his axe and addresses the woman with as soft a voice he has.

Miss Laurel know where we find these things? Know what danger awaits us?


Laurel quarks her face up at Makoa in confusion "I would think a big fella like you would be used to danger. The elder-wood mold can be found on the oldest tree in the vale, damned if I know where that is. In the vale you need to watch out for wolves and there is also rumored to be a Tatzlwyrm that lives in the vale but thats just a bunch of superstition I'm sure. A witch also lives in the woods. Her name is Ulizmila and if you can get on her good side she might be able to help you with the rats tale...heck an old witch like that might even have some. The mushrooms might be harder to find...but... she pauses for a moment rubbing the bridge of her nose. "If memory serves those mushrooms love growing around metal and there is an abandoned dwarven forge on the other side of the vale. Its a long journey by foot but you would be hard pressed getting horses to go through the vale so your not in for an easy journey."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1; HP 16/16; AC 17/13/14 F+5/R+3/W+3; Init +3; Per +7

Makoa smiles at Miss Laurel and rubs his chin.

Sorry, not say who I am. I am Makoa and I am used to danger. Always help when know what danger is. Sometime danger too much for just Makoa, but now I have others, others who will help. We all help. Thank you for telling. We do best to find these things. When we find things, we bring things back to Miss Laurel.

Makoa looks at the others.

Which thing we find first? We should get food before we go. Maybe little one can help with food.


Uriel the Fist | Male Suli | Scaled Fist Monk 1 | Speed 30 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1 | Hp: 12/12 | AC 16 (Touch 16, FF 13) | CMD 19 | Fort +3, Reflex +5, Will +1 | Active Conditions: None

Looking very earnest, Uriel chimes in, "I will help. Do you have pictures of the plants we need?" Sadness from all the death from the disease seems to mix with exhilaration from having something to do to help in Uriel's wide eyes. "I don't mind a long walk," he adds.


"An you's 'as an easy enough back ta see's wrought Makoa?" Seein Laurel enter the room, Taicho nods his head as she explains 'Elder-wood moss? Pickled root called rats tail? sevon iron bloom mushrooms? Any questions?' Scratching his head he looks towards Makoa as the big Orc ask his questions. 'Don't feel quite so stupid, At least Makoa asked the same questions I would have.' Lowering his foot, he tries to make sense of all the explenations. 'Wolves I know, but Tatzlwyrms? and a witch, why does there always have to be a witch, and an abandonded dwarven forge.' Looking toward Makoa then Uriel, 'Food? Hmmm, I have some in my pack and a picture wouldn't hurt.'

Looking from Uriel back to Laurel, The Tengu cocks his head in an odd manner, "Bloody good ting we's got's a floggin' dwarf wit us, 'en wroight" quckly looking towards Killian "No's offence ment wroight Dwarves are ok's in my ledgers." He lulls his tongue, "'An' I's 'ates 'orses anyway, Bloody well nasty four legged Mammals, so's it's just as bloody wells." Looking towards Makoa ruffling his tail feathers, "I's got's plenty o' vittles wit me's but if'n you's needs to get somes we's can wait. But tha sooner we's goes, tha sooner we's can bloody well get's back wit tha cure, wroight."


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1; HP 16/16; AC 17/13/14 F+5/R+3/W+3; Init +3; Per +7

Makoa smiles at Taicho and picks up his axe as he readies to leave.

I got three days food. After that I need to hunt. Makoa not know area. Anyone know how far these places are? Kilian what do you think we should do?


Male Dwarven 1st Cleric 10/10; Init+1; Perception+4; AC 17/11/16; Fort +3; Reflex+2; Will +6

And just like that Kilain knew he was on the right place and at the right time...an old Dwarven Forge ? ...he thought he heard of these ironsoot mushrooms...

He thought for a second then answered Makoa. hrrrm mebbe we find a map of this Vale. Find out where the locations are thought to be then plan that. A little planning now will save time later...and time is of the gravest import....

He looked at Miss Laurel and said lass do ye be knowin first where we can find a map of the Vale, second who might be having an idea where these places might be?


Laural holds up a moment telling the kind dwarf to wait a minute and then flips to the back page of her grandmothers' journal. "I just so happen to have a map with all the places marked, granted it was about 50 or so years ago that this map was drawn so I don't know how accurate it is anymore. She pulls out the map and hands it to Kilain.

I know I should probably have made you work for this more but meh I'm an over-generous DM...drives my sons nuts lol


Leaning over the Dwarfs shoulder, Taicho lulls his tongue, smiling, "'At's bloody fantastical, we's got's a floggin' Map!' he looks at the group, "I ope's one o' you's blokes can read's it, wroight." He looks expectantly to see who takes the map to lead them to their first destination.


Uriel the Fist | Male Suli | Scaled Fist Monk 1 | Speed 30 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1 | Hp: 12/12 | AC 16 (Touch 16, FF 13) | CMD 19 | Fort +3, Reflex +5, Will +1 | Active Conditions: None

Uriel is still looking around for helpful visual aids. He takes a look at the map, then shrugs his shoulders, waiting for someone else to take the lead on the brainy stuff.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1; HP 16/16; AC 17/13/14 F+5/R+3/W+3; Init +3; Per +7

I can't believe the half-orc has the highest intelligence score in the group. That is what we get with no wizard/sorcerer.

Makoa can read map, they were always simple, drawn by clan leader.

Makoa leans over Kilain's shoulder to see if he can make any sense of the map.

Kilian want Makoa to find spots on map? I think I can get us to them.


Uriel the Fist | Male Suli | Scaled Fist Monk 1 | Speed 30 | Initiative +3 | Perception +1 | Hp: 12/12 | AC 16 (Touch 16, FF 13) | CMD 19 | Fort +3, Reflex +5, Will +1 | Active Conditions: None

"Let me get my travel bag! I can be back in 6 minutes," says Uriel excitedly as he bursts out the door, having totally forgotten the line of people waiting outside. Making his apologies, he moves past the line, then starts running to the church to get his meager belongings.

Unintentional Intimidate on the poor villagers: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Dwarven 1st Cleric 10/10; Init+1; Perception+4; AC 17/11/16; Fort +3; Reflex+2; Will +6

Kilain looks at the Half-Orc with surprise...he had half expected the other acolyte to take up the task. Of course Kilain could as well. But Makoa could probably navigate and guide better than most.

ok. as he let Makoa take the map. But Kilain motioned for him to keep it open so they could discuss the terrain with Laurel


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1; HP 16/16; AC 17/13/14 F+5/R+3/W+3; Init +3; Per +7

Makoa takes the map from Kilain and leaves it open.

Thanks Kilain. Miss Laurel, we want to start getting mushrooms. Is this right spot?

Makoa points to a spot on the map on the other side of the vale that is marked and looks like there may be a dwarven forge nearby.

To the rest of the group:

We start getting mushrooms. All agree?


Watching the mammals pass the map back and forth, Taicho rubs his talons together, when Makoa asks if everyone aggrees, "Abso -floggin'-lutely's Makoa, Let's be's startin' wit tha shrooms, wroight."


Male Dwarven 1st Cleric 10/10; Init+1; Perception+4; AC 17/11/16; Fort +3; Reflex+2; Will +6

the river between us and the old Dwarven forge. How deep is it? Are there fording points? How will we cross?

Kilains fingers point to where the river is indicated in the vale


Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1; HP 16/16; AC 17/13/14 F+5/R+3/W+3; Init +3; Per +7

Makoa looks closely at the map. He attempts to determine the answers to Kilian's questions.

Map Assessment:
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

River looks too deep to ford. We may have to swim or use boat/raft. Makoa can make raft. Have made them before. Does Miss Laurel know of place to ford river?

51 to 67 of 67 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hollows Last Hope All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.