[PFS1] GM Rinaldo's The Elven Entanglement (#5-05) (Inactive)

Game Master The Great Rinaldo!

Maps and Handouts


251 to 300 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Half-orc Growling Blade 10 | HP: 83/83 | 5 images | DISRUPTIVE & SPELLBREAKER | AC: 25 | T: 16 | FF: 23 | CMD: 28 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +15 | Will: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | SM: -1 | Speed 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Bardic Performances: 14/23 ; Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1st - 5/6 ; 2nd - 4/5 ; 3rd - 2/4 ; 4th - 0/1 ; Weapon's Spell (Arcane Bond): 1/1

Shamak grins widely as he receives the hearty slap in the back from Kramac.

Later, the half-orc watches the scene with an amused air upon his face. "WELL, YOU TRY TO GROW BACK THE BRIAR BY YASELF, FRIEND? THAT'S A BOLD AND BRAVE MOVE, IF I'VE SEEN ONE! THIS IS GREENER THAN MY OWN SKIN. WHICH IS PRETTY GREEN. I MEAN... I KNOW MY WAY AROUND GREENS..."

Shamak tries awkwardly to be friendly, which he seems to manage...

Diplo: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

The satyr looks at Shamak and replies, "Oh, better watch that green skin! The grubs and worms might decide you're a good patch of land and try to get inside you!"

To Kramac, he adds, "Brave and foolish are two sides of the same coin, are they not? Who can tell one from another?"

Quenly, the satyr is alive and healthy. Death Watch can't tell you anything about the glade, only creatures.

DC 20 Knowledge (nature):
As you talk to him, you realize that something is slightly off about him - his eyes are red, which isn't a usual color for satyrs, and he has a second set of small horns in addition to the usual ram's horns. (See the picture on the slideshow.)

Dark Archive

Half-orc Growling Blade 10 | HP: 83/83 | 5 images | DISRUPTIVE & SPELLBREAKER | AC: 25 | T: 16 | FF: 23 | CMD: 28 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +15 | Will: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | SM: -1 | Speed 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Bardic Performances: 14/23 ; Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1st - 5/6 ; 2nd - 4/5 ; 3rd - 2/4 ; 4th - 0/1 ; Weapon's Spell (Arcane Bond): 1/1

"YEAH RIGHT, WELL, I'VE ALREADY GOT ONE..." answers the muscular bard, showing a bulging vein on his biceps.

"ANYWAYS... WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE ALL ALONE?" he asks.

Knowledge nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 6 + (1) = 23

Flyn notices something a bit off about the satyr, the red eyes along with the extra horns, and transmits it telepathically to Quenly via the dragon...

The ranger bows. "Friend satyr, have you a name? I am Flyn...as Zaarah has mentioned, we are hunting down a demon, a hezrou, in a nearby swamp...he is holding some Elves we're trying to free...anything you could tell us about him would be appreciated..."

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


active effects:
Dragon (shadow conjuration draconic ally) | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | HP 3/3 | F +5 R +5 W +4 (+4 vs mind affecting) | Init +2 | Perc +6, lowlight vision, darkvision, blindsense 60', see in darkness

Ware, friends. This might not be a satyr at all. Flyndyngylyn has notified me of deviations from the norm - the eyes and horns are not normal for a satyr. If anyone has the ability to sense evil, or illusion, I suggest doing so.

The dragon replies for Quenly, addressing only the pathfinders.

Suspicious of the satyr, the little dragon takes cover and hides.

stealth: 1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 23 + 2 = 42

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

Quenly takes his own advice and casts a Detect Magic, taking in the grove and the satyr.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 93/93| F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +5 | Perc +17(+4 On Beak)| Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac will activate detect alignment for evil and scan the satyr. And do I get anything from my previous sense motive in regards to his intentions?

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Death Druid 10| HP73/73 | AC19 T15 FF15| CMD 19 | Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 16 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Perception +20 / Darkvision 60ft / Low Light Vision | Spells: 1st 4/6 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/5 4th 3/4 5th: 2/3

"Most interesting, been a while since I have seen one of the fey world." Kindle says, observing the Satyr. He chooses not to engage in conversation, as his skills at being diplomatic can sometimes cause issues.

If we have to travel another distance, I will need to do the mud bath if the dice are being this mean to Kindle.


Female 10 Phantom| HP44/56 | AC28 T20 FF24 DR 5/Magic 5/Slash| CMD 23 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +4|
Abilities:
Lay on Hands: 7/8: 4d6| Opening Strike: +13 | Battle Cry +1 3/4

Rosella offers a curt and polite greeting to the satyr. "How do you do, good sir?"

Can't fail an aid for diplomacy. +3 to Shamak.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Quenly: You detect strong magic in the entire clearing, probably whatever is keeping it clear of the brush and thorns. The satyr also has a number of spells active on him.

Kramac: He does not appear to be evil.

"I am Vinst, and this little clearing is my home and my entire demesne these days. I don't get very far away, so I can't tell you anything about your demon. By the same token, I don't get much conversation ... "

He pauses, then steps slightly away before touching his chest. A bear appears next to him, and sits quietly. "My associate Brouce here is my only companionship, and sadly he doesn't have much to say. Please, tell me of the world beyond my borders! Come, sit and rest yourselves. Your journey must be taxing you!"

Listening to him talk, he seems genuinely lonely and bored.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Flyn communicates telepathically with Quenly through the dragon again...

Doesn't appear to be violent...but I don't think we should provoke him...seems like he just wants to talk...you can pass that on as I am perhaps the poorest speaker among us...perhaps we can placate him with a little news and a little persuasion, and then move on...

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 93/93| F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +5 | Perc +17(+4 On Beak)| Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Well greetings Vinst! And hello to you too Brounce! A right fearsome bear you are!

Kramac extends his hand in a friendly greeting, and delivers a crushing handshake should Vinst respond in kind.

We can spend a few moments chatting, but unfortunately we are in somewhat of a hurry - some elves captured by a hezrou deeper in the Tanglebriar are in desperate need of saving. Kramac would be happy to regale you with tales of the outside world if we were in less dire circumstances. Any chance you would accompany us for a bit to chat? You could probably offer some valuable insights as a guide, and we could spend discuss whatever you wish along the way.

If you do not wish to leave your grove, Kramac will pledge to spend some time talking with you on our way back! We may not be able to make it back out before nightfall, and this seems like a very nice area to spend the night!

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

Quenly nods towards Vinst and Brouce, and speaks aloud to the satyr whilst the dragon relays Flyn's thoughts to the pathfinders. Consider Flyn's post above to be 'heard' by the pathfinders.

"Perhaps we can tarry for a brief conversation friend. If you are a foe of the Tanglebriar demons then you are a friend of ours. Let me seek a story for you."

So saying, Quenly removes a book from his pack. He opens the book and gestures; the ubiquitous shadows dance around the tome, flying onto its pages and filling them with text and images as Quenly leafs through them.

Quenly casts Page-Bound Epiphany to enhance his Knowledge (arcana) in order to identify the strongest spell on the satyr. Quenly then tries to identify the other spell effects.

know.arcana, page-bound epiphany, sage jewel: 1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 10 = 31
know.arcana, page-bound epiphany, sage jewel: 1d20 + 4 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 10 = 32 using Sage Jewel to take best result of two rolls

know.arcana, timelost chronicler: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
know.arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
know.arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Note that the Page-Bound Epiphany spell takes 11 rounds total to deliver the +10 bonus - if something happens in the meantime it can give a lesser bonus equal to the number of rounds that Quenly gets to study the 'book'.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 8 | Low-light vision| Speed 30ft | Boots of Speed 9/10 | | HP 81/81 | AC23 T 17 FF 17 | CMB +17 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 21 | F +10, R +12, W +8 | Empower Magic 1/1 | Freed. of Movem. 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 6/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Fllight 8/8 | Init +6 | Perc +14, SM +6, Bluff (Deceive) +13, Dipl. (Convince) +17 | Active cond:

Zaarah is almost affectionate to the satyr.

”You truly intrigue me! So brave ... so wild! I’ll be definitely come back to you, too! Do you prefer with or without Kramac...!“ she says with a wicked smile.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Growling Blade 10 | HP: 83/83 | 5 images | DISRUPTIVE & SPELLBREAKER | AC: 25 | T: 16 | FF: 23 | CMD: 28 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +15 | Will: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | SM: -1 | Speed 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Bardic Performances: 14/23 ; Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1st - 5/6 ; 2nd - 4/5 ; 3rd - 2/4 ; 4th - 0/1 ; Weapon's Spell (Arcane Bond): 1/1

Not one for sitting down and chatting, Shamak just stands there while most of the group settles for a chat.

Didn't we have a mission? Why are we taking our time here? he asks himself, before sighing and looking around in boredom.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

As the satyr did not seem to responding to their words thus far, Flyn tried a different tack, thinking maybe he just wanted to be entertained...

Flyn rises and bows. ”I have a ship that I’ve sailed around several ports of Golarion. I may not have news that would interest you, but I came across of the tale of an old pirate you may not recall...and I can share that with you now, as only a sailor can...”

Flyn recites an old pirate poem he heard in a dive off the coast of Magnimar, and adapts it slightly...

”Just sit back satyr and you shall hear,
The tale of Jean-Paul the buccaneer,
The meanest pirate that ever did be,
Known as the scourge of the Inner Sea.

His name for years in Golarion lingers,
A scallywag feared more than Sevenfingers,
The ports on the sea he would rape and pillage,
Not even sparing the tiniest village.

His last raid ended with much less aplomb
As his end came suddenly in Absalom,
At the Pig’s Paunch he fancied a fine young lass,
While dancing, she stuck a dagger right up his...rectum...”

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + (6) = 27

Might be stretching a bit to use Profession Sailor for this but though it was worth a shot...

If the satyr seems to enjoy it, he’ll follow up with, ”M’Lord, we really are pressed for time and need to leave you now and rejoin our quest...but as my friends have said, we will come back and visit if you like...”

If the satyr did not enjoy it, Flyn will sit down and keep his mouth shut...


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

OK, Flyn's song gives Quenly enough time to cast his spell at the full duration. Also, that plus Kramac's suggestion that you come back later earns you a Diplomacy check to convince Vinst.

Flyn, if you have a Perform check that you could back that up with, you can get a bonus on the Diplomacy. If not, give me a untrained Perform (d20+CHA mod). Either Flyn or Kramac can make the Diplomacy check; anyone else who wants to try needs to contribute something to that specific request.

Quenly sees the aura of a Barkskin spell active, and a number of Goodberries in his pouch. He is also able to tell that Vinst is wearing magical armor, a magical belt, and a magical ring, but since he can't handle the items, he can't identify them.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 8 | Low-light vision| Speed 30ft | Boots of Speed 9/10 | | HP 81/81 | AC23 T 17 FF 17 | CMB +17 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 21 | F +10, R +12, W +8 | Empower Magic 1/1 | Freed. of Movem. 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 6/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Fllight 8/8 | Init +6 | Perc +14, SM +6, Bluff (Deceive) +13, Dipl. (Convince) +17 | Active cond:

Auto aid Zaarah diplomacy.

Zaarah smiles warmly after her promise to return.

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

Quenly notifies the party of his findings telepathically via his dragon, then says aloud to Vinst:

"I think that no story I can find will match yours, sir. For though I am an elf and a creature of magic, you must have powerful magic indeed to hold this clearing against the Tanglebriar. I should love to know more. And perhaps, when we have more time, I shall tell you of the Jeweled Sages in far Osirion."

Quenly also auto-aids Diplomacy.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Caught with my pants down, GM...since I was trying to portray it as a poetic tale, I was hoping I could sneak it under Profession Sailor as more of a lore thing picked up while sailing...but since I have to sing, you better cover your ears...

Perform (Untrained): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

ETA: Sorry, missed the ‘or’...I think Kramac is a much better face so we can use this roll as an aid if needed...

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 93/93| F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +5 | Perc +17(+4 On Beak)| Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Diplo: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

With three assists gets us up to 28.


Female 10 Phantom| HP44/56 | AC28 T20 FF24 DR 5/Magic 5/Slash| CMD 23 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +4|
Abilities:
Lay on Hands: 7/8: 4d6| Opening Strike: +13 | Battle Cry +1 3/4

Apologies on disappearing. My computer is on its death bed with lock ups and freezing.
Rosella continues with the Absalom diplomatic approach. "Any time and assistance you can grant us would be most beneficial of yourself as well. Demons only bring destruction to any land they come to, thus protecting it comes with helping our cause."
Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Rosella's aid is worth +3.

Benevolent:

When the phantom uses the aid another action, the bonus granted by a successful check increases by 1. If the phantom aids the spiritualist this way, the bonus instead increases by 2.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 93/93| F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +5 | Perc +17(+4 On Beak)| Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

That brings us to 31.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

"Oh, very well, but I'm holding you to that! Come back when you can spare some time and we will sing and tell stories together! And, if by chance you have some libations to share, that would be welcome as well."

"You mentioned seeking a hezrou, would that be the demon Fihralaz? I have seen where he lairs. I can tell you where to find him, in order to hasten your return."

Successfully befriending Vinst and mentioning your destination earns you +5 on your next Survival check to navigate.

Do you have anything else to say to Vinst, or that you want to do before attempting the final leg of your journey?

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Death Druid 10| HP73/73 | AC19 T15 FF15| CMD 19 | Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 16 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Perception +20 / Darkvision 60ft / Low Light Vision | Spells: 1st 4/6 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/5 4th 3/4 5th: 2/3

Kindle starts the Soothing Mud bath to restore stats to party members.
Using 1 Lesser Rod of Extend to make it 2 minutes.

Kindle Restore Strength: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Anyone else who wants in, it heals 20 HP and recovers 1d4 to ability score for resting 1 minute in it (Once per Day).

Then Kindle calls upon natural powers to create some goodberries.
Goodberries: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6


Female 10 Phantom| HP44/56 | AC28 T20 FF24 DR 5/Magic 5/Slash| CMD 23 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 8 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +4|
Abilities:
Lay on Hands: 7/8: 4d6| Opening Strike: +13 | Battle Cry +1 3/4

Rosella indulges in the mud bath.

Rosella Restore Strength: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Flyn bows, "Thank you, m'Lord. We'll be back..."

To his friends, the ranger says, "Be prepared, next stop would appear to be the hezrou..."

GM: Are we ready for the same SOP? One survival, two auto supports and two saves?


active effects:
Dragon (shadow conjuration draconic ally) | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | HP 3/3 | F +5 R +5 W +4 (+4 vs mind affecting) | Init +2 | Perc +6, lowlight vision, darkvision, blindsense 60', see in darkness

The little dragon takes a mud bath whilst conveying Quenly's thoughts.

Vinst, if you have seen Firhalaz's lair then do you know what manner of demon or corrupted creature serves him there? Or are there any noteworthy features of the lair? Traps, or other defenses? How much further do we have to travel?

restore strength: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Might need to hit dragon up with another lesser restoration - though it's expendable, I don't know if hitting effective STR 0 will have any substantial additional effect.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Growling Blade 10 | HP: 83/83 | 5 images | DISRUPTIVE & SPELLBREAKER | AC: 25 | T: 16 | FF: 23 | CMD: 28 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +15 | Will: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | SM: -1 | Speed 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Bardic Performances: 14/23 ; Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1st - 5/6 ; 2nd - 4/5 ; 3rd - 2/4 ; 4th - 0/1 ; Weapon's Spell (Arcane Bond): 1/1

Nothing else for Shamak!

"Finally! Now, can we go?"

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 8 | Low-light vision| Speed 30ft | Boots of Speed 9/10 | | HP 81/81 | AC23 T 17 FF 17 | CMB +17 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 21 | F +10, R +12, W +8 | Empower Magic 1/1 | Freed. of Movem. 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 6/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Fllight 8/8 | Init +6 | Perc +14, SM +6, Bluff (Deceive) +13, Dipl. (Convince) +17 | Active cond:

Zaarah eyes the satyr and laughs.

”Goodbye and hopefully we make it out alive so we can enjoy your presence again!“ she says with a sly smile.

Nothing else. How much time has passed since we started the journey here?


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Vinst takes part in the mud bath as well, enjoying the brief change in environment.

Yes, one more round of Survival with two assists, and two fort saves from everyone.

It has been 4 full hours since you left Mount Armiya. Count off time for spell durations and recast as you see fit.

Quenly: STR damage equal to your normal STR score leaves you paralyzed/unconscious, so it does matter even if you don't otherwise care about your STR. (I checked the forums and verified this, as it is always a point of confusion for me, too.)

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Death Druid 10| HP73/73 | AC19 T15 FF15| CMD 19 | Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 16 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Perception +20 / Darkvision 60ft / Low Light Vision | Spells: 1st 4/6 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/5 4th 3/4 5th: 2/3

Survival Aid Kindle: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 +2 Bonus
Survival Aid Rosella: 1d20 ⇒ 14 +3 Bonus

Fort Save #1 Kindle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Fort Save #2 Kindle: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Fort Save #1 Rosella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Fort Save #2 Rosella: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Greater Magic Fang is still active on Rosella.
Rebuff Rosella with Resinous Skin (Since Quenly saved my first casting in this post here).

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Survival: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 5 = 25 (With Kindle & Rosella assists, it’s 30)
Fort Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Fort Save: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Flyn nods to his friends when they’re ready to go. ”Let’s roll...”

The ranger will alertly and warily lead the way.; when the terrain starts to show signs of swamp, Flyn will cast Mage Armor and Gravity Bow. He’ll then revert to scout mode, wary of traps, foes, and tacks...

Perception: 1d20 + 23 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 23 + 2 = 27
Stealth: 1d20 + 25 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 25 + 2 = 39
Survival (Tracking): 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 2 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 93/93| F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +5 | Perc +17(+4 On Beak)| Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac fort saves:

Fort: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26
Fort: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (4) + 19 = 23

Beak forts:

Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Kramac will toss a lesser Resto to the dragon- it seems to make sense to wait for it to drop to 0 first though. If you want to use it now Quenly, go ahead and roll for it and let me know.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 8 | Low-light vision| Speed 30ft | Boots of Speed 9/10 | | HP 81/81 | AC23 T 17 FF 17 | CMB +17 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 21 | F +10, R +12, W +8 | Empower Magic 1/1 | Freed. of Movem. 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 6/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Fllight 8/8 | Init +6 | Perc +14, SM +6, Bluff (Deceive) +13, Dipl. (Convince) +17 | Active cond:

fort : 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23

fort : 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14


active effects:
Dragon (shadow conjuration draconic ally) | AC 15 T 14 FF 13 | HP 3/3 | F +5 R +5 W +4 (+4 vs mind affecting) | Init +2 | Perc +6, lowlight vision, darkvision, blindsense 60', see in darkness

Fort save, dragon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Fort save, dragon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

As Kramac suggests, apply his Lesser Restoration as and when the dragon hits STR 0. To make sure it is safe in the meantime, it will travel upon Quenly's shoulder. Quenly will keep one hand upon it, to prevent it from falling.

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

As we approach the demon's lair, Quenly will recast , Deathwatch, Channel the Gift - Heroism and Freedom of Movement upon himself.

Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 +1 if vs disease
Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 +1 if vs disease

I'll clear any STR damage using Lesser Restoration, either from Kramac or from my own wand.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Growling Blade 10 | HP: 83/83 | 5 images | DISRUPTIVE & SPELLBREAKER | AC: 25 | T: 16 | FF: 23 | CMD: 28 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +15 | Will: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | SM: -1 | Speed 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Bardic Performances: 14/23 ; Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1st - 5/6 ; 2nd - 4/5 ; 3rd - 2/4 ; 4th - 0/1 ; Weapon's Spell (Arcane Bond): 1/1

Fort 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Fort 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Dragon takes another 1d4 ⇒ 2 STR damage during the travel.

Once again you set out, with Kindle and Rosella helping Flyn guide the party. The damp yet firm ground of Tanglebriar gradually descends toward expanses of standing water. Although suspended sediment and matted heaps of decaying plant material obscure the swamp’s bottom, trees and reeds are still numerous here, suggesting the water cannot be terribly deep. In places, concentrations of plants have trapped silt and organic matter to create miniature islands amid the dark expanse of water.

At this point, based on Vinst's description, you know that you are within a few minutes of finding Fihralaz. Make any medium-term preparations you want, and give me a rough marching order. I've indicated the direction of travel, and Flyn and Kindle/Rosella/Shadow Mount have to be in front, since they are doing the navigating. Otherwise, you can arrange yourselves as you see fit. Don't worry about actual squares, I'll adjust you onto the map once you get to it.

------------------------------------

For the entire next encounter, you will be in shallow bog, with occasional patches of deep bog:

Shallow bog has deep mud or standing water of about 1 foot in depth. It costs 2 squares of movement to move into a square with a shallow bog, and the DC of Acrobatics checks in such a square increases by 2.

Deep bog has roughly 4 feet of standing water. It costs Medium or larger creatures 4 squares of movement to move into a square with a deep bog, or characters can swim if they wish. Small or smaller creatures must swim to move through a deep bog. Tumbling is impossible in a deep bog. The water in a deep bog provides cover for Medium or larger creatures. Smaller creatures gain improved cover (+8 bonus to AC, +4 bonus on Reflex saves). Medium or larger creatures can crouch as a move action to gain this improved cover. Creatures with this improved cover take a –10 penalty on attacks against creatures that aren't underwater.

All bogs increase the DC of Stealth checks by 2.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 8 | Low-light vision| Speed 30ft | Boots of Speed 9/10 | | HP 81/81 | AC23 T 17 FF 17 | CMB +17 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 21 | F +10, R +12, W +8 | Empower Magic 1/1 | Freed. of Movem. 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 6/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Fllight 8/8 | Init +6 | Perc +14, SM +6, Bluff (Deceive) +13, Dipl. (Convince) +17 | Active cond:

Zaarah activates her flight hex. 7 minutes remaining.

She casts mirror image. images #, 8 minutes : 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

She casts shield on herself. +4 shield AC , 8 minutes

She starts flying 25 feet above ground in the middle of the party.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 93/93 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Flyn had mentioned in his previous post, he'd cast Mage Armor and Gravity Bow as buffs and go in scouting mode; rolls were Perception 27, Survival (Tracks) 23, and Stealth 39 (37 with the swamp penalty).

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

A note for the GM and Kindle - the phantom steed an travel over bogs and can water walk at will with no action required to activate the ability.

Also, GM, Quenly nat 1'd the second Fort save, so I assume some STR damage that we'll need to lesser restoration away. If the dragon is still mobile then I'm fine leaving all its STR damage as is.

Quenly casts a few more spells on final approach:
moment of greatness good with Shamak's Good Hope and Inspire Courage
Protection from Evil
Align Weapon (Good) on his arrows (using his Mnemonic Vestment to use a spell slot instead of his scroll).

Quenly is flying via Wings of Darkness ( = overland flight). He flies low, around 30 feet behind the leaders, and trying to keep everyone within 60 feet of the dragon (the range of its telepathy and blindsense).

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc M Half-Orc Normal AC: 31 Current AC: 31 T 13 FF 29 | HP 93/93| F +19 R +13 W +13 | CMD 23 | Init +5 | Perc +17(+4 On Beak)| Spells: Level 1 5/5 Level 2 4/4 Level 3 2/2 | Bane 7/7 | Animal Focus 7/7

Kramac will cast shield of faith on himself and beak, heroism on himself, and tap himself with his wand of heightened awareness which I will use for initiative.

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Death Druid 10| HP73/73 | AC19 T15 FF15| CMD 19 | Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 16 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Perception +20 / Darkvision 60ft / Low Light Vision | Spells: 1st 4/6 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/5 4th 3/4 5th: 2/3

Kindle laughs at the concept of a bog holding his allies down. "Alright, all of you gather around." When his allies cluster near him, the Pumpkin Vine Leshy casts the spell Communal Air Walk.

2 already having methods of movement that are unhindred.
Flyn - 20 minutes.
Kindle - 10 minutes.
Kramac - 20 minutes.
Beak - 20 minutes.
Rosella - 10 minutes.
Shamak - 20 minutes.

Kindle then also casts the spell Strong Jaw on Beak.
Beak Strong Jaw - 10 minutes; turn that 2d6 bite into a 4d6 bite.

Kindle still has Gusting Sphere, Gust of Wind, Calm Spirit, Badger's Ferocity, Speak with Dead, Life Blast, Life Bubble (1), Breath of Life (2) for available castings today.

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

i recommend life bubble now Kindle

Grand Lodge

NG Vine Leshy Death Druid 10| HP73/73 | AC19 T15 FF15| CMD 19 | Fort 11 Ref 8 Will 16 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +5| Perception +20 / Darkvision 60ft / Low Light Vision | Spells: 1st 4/6 2nd: 3/6 3rd: 1/5 4th 3/4 5th: 2/3

Sure, why not?

Kindle also casts Life Bubble upon the party.

Dark Archive

Half-orc Growling Blade 10 | HP: 83/83 | 5 images | DISRUPTIVE & SPELLBREAKER | AC: 25 | T: 16 | FF: 23 | CMD: 28 | Fort: +11 | Ref: +15 | Will: +12 | Init: +3 | Perc: +4 | SM: -1 | Speed 30 ft.
Tracked resources:
Bardic Performances: 14/23 ; Spells: 0 - 6 ; 1st - 5/6 ; 2nd - 4/5 ; 3rd - 2/4 ; 4th - 0/1 ; Weapon's Spell (Arcane Bond): 1/1

Shamak raises an eyebrow as many spells are being cast. He scratches his head and eventually shrugs.
"YEAH, RIGHT."

Good call with Moment of Greatness, Quenly.

The half-orc fills his lungs with air to chant support spells.

Mirror Image for 10 minutes: Images: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 ; Good Hope for 10 minutes ; Heightened Awareness that I'll dismiss when init is rolled to have the bonus.


The Midnight Mirror | The Mosquito Witch

Quenly: Thanks again for the catch. It's been a busy week. ;-) Assume one casting/wand charge of Lesser Resto.

Kramac, your token didn't move on the marching order slide. Are you intentionally staying behind the party, or did you just not place yourself?

---------------------

As the going gets more difficult, Kindle casts a spell to allow everyone who doesn't already fly to walk just above the boggy ground. You can ignore the bog rules unless you need to go into the water for any reason.

After 1d6 ⇒ 5 minutes, you emerge into a bit of a clearing. An immense slab of rock covered in algae and lichen protrudes through the suffocating canopy of leaves. The trees that grow near it sway intermittently as if pushed by a strong wind, but the movement is actually caused by the convulsions of a half dozen four-foot-long chrysalises of gooey, gray silk that hang from the tree boughs. Hanging from other branches are pieces of elven armor, broken weapons, and other trophies from battlefields. Several mementoes are still slick with partially congealed blood and buzzing with flies.

The last thing I need before setting up the map (and I apologize for forgetting this before) is a Perception check (sight based) from everyone and a Knowledge Nature and a Survival check from everyone who has ranks in them. If you have ranks in both, you can make both checks.

Scarab Sages

Female N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20 years, auburn hair, freckles, usually dreamily observing and sometimes looking a little bit crazy) | Swashbuckler 1 / Magus 8 | Low-light vision| Speed 30ft | Boots of Speed 9/10 | | HP 81/81 | AC23 T 17 FF 17 | CMB +17 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 21 | F +10, R +12, W +8 | Empower Magic 1/1 | Freed. of Movem. 2/2 | Panache 6/6 | Arcane Pool 6/7 | Black Blade Pool 2/2 | Chaldira reroll 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Fllight 8/8 | Init +6 | Perc +14, SM +6, Bluff (Deceive) +13, Dipl. (Convince) +17 | Active cond:

perception : 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

kn nature : 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Scarab Sages

active effects:
false life
more active effects:
M Elf Oracle (Ancient Lorekeeper) 11 | AC 27 T 17 FF 22| HP 99/83 | F +11 R +14 W +12 | CMD 27 | Init +11 | Perc +15/11 lowlight vision, scent, darkvision, see in darkness, deaf | Spells (-, 8/7, 7/7, 6/7, 7/7, 4/5)

Perception, heroism, hunter's blessing: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 + 2 = 27

Not sure if Hunter's Blessing is still applicable, as I selected Forest terrain for Tanglebriar. The bonuses against evil outsiders are still good regardless.

251 to 300 of 369 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS1] GM Rinaldo's The Elven Entanglement (#5-05) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.