GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


1,851 to 1,900 of 3,633 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>

Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism steers well clear of the mold as Rova points it out and marks the path. "Greatjob..ongetting..thebag!" She squeals excitedly as she loved seeing the new trick.

Prism skips ahead to scout out the tunnel.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus accepts the elixer with a smile. "Thanks!"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

This oblong cave has a strong smell of animals. Bones, antlers, and scraps of fur are piled to the east and west. Low passages lead out of this chamber to the north and south, with a foul smell emanating from the south passage.

You see six wolves and one dire wolf, all asleep.

How would you like to proceed?


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"The wolf seems pretty mean, but ... maybe I could try to lure them out?" Rova whispers to the others.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism hides in the shadows nearby as she waits to see if Rova is successful in getting the wolves out of the cage. "They are hunting this area, we need to get them far away."


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus looks at the halfling skeptically.

"Lure them out? After us? And then what? Hope they chase us all the way back to the mayor's office?"

Marilus gives a brief chuckle at his own joke, but doesn't seem like he believes it's actually funny.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Oh. That's probably true. Even if I could make friends with them, I don't know if they'd like the circus," Rova agrees

I could perhaps Command the Animals to leave, but not sure if that would work well enough to get them out of this area? Do I think there's a way to do that, GM Kate? Not sure if our only option is to fight them or leave them, which means they'd probably stay a threat when the circus came...


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

I'd let you give it a try, at least! There's something else going on here, too, with the wolves. I'll say that even looking at the dire wolf, the tracks you saw came from something even larger.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

"If you think it might help, I could puppeteer an illusion of a wolf for you, as they might listen to another animal better than one of us. I tend to prefer more fantastical creations, but there is nothing stopping me from something more mundane. I could follow your direction. A puppet whose puppeteer is being puppeted." She stifles a laugh. "Oh I already like the sound of that."

Relevant Text from the Spell:
You create an illusory image of a Large or smaller creature. It generates the appropriate sounds, smells, and feels believable to the touch. If you and the image are ever farther than 500 feet apart, the spell ends.

The image can't speak, but you can use your actions to speak through the creature, with the spell disguising your voice as appropriate. You might need to attempt a Deception or Performance check to mimic the creature, as determined by the GM. This is especially likely if you're trying to imitate a specific person and engage with someone that person knows.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

OK, that's good to know. I was assuming the tracks were from it.

"Maybe we should wake up just one, and see if we can get anywhere with it? It doesn't quite seem right. Wolves I don't think like to be with something that could eat them," Rova muses. "And if we can smell that stink, they probably could too, and I don't think they'd like that. Though sometimes gross smells for us are good to animals."

Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 To Recall Knowledge, maybe get some more idea what might be going on here.

She pulls out some food and throws it to one of the wolves farthest from any others, hoping to wake it without startling it, and then seeing if she can get it to leave or get some sense of its actions.

Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 That's not good, but maybe with a bonus for food and Niksi's magic...

Going to Hunt Prey on the one I'm trying to wake, and I will have my bow out. Also, while I prefer to do something different, if it devolves into a fight, sometimes that happens.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Wolf #1 wakes up and starts munching on the food left out, seemingly trying to stay quiet to get to eat it all without sharing.

It pays little attention to Rova, but seems curious about Niksi's illusory wolf.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi attempts to play the roll of the wolf as best she can, doing her best to remember her early acting lessons about portraying animals. At least when it comes to performance, she has never been one for research and facts. He preference for oddity and strangeness is not quite the best fit here, though.

Performance: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Hero Point Reroll: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus watches intently as Rova and Niksi try to interact with the wolves. He keeps his weapons in his hands and tries as best as he can to remain out of sight. As the wolf begins playing with Niksi's illusion, he nods encouragement.

So far so good, he thinks to himself.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism remains ready as she watches eagerly, waiting for the wild wolves to pounce.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"OK, one of them is paying attention, maybe wake up another of the little ones?" Rova suggests. Trying to figure out the most efficient way to do this. I figure wake one at a time, keep them calm, and then hopefully lead them out.

Unfortunately, she doesn't seem particularly skilled in working with the more wild creatures.

So will try making a Nature check for each of them, and adjudicate as you think best!
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Will use Halfling Luck to reroll the 1. I'm assuming it counts a critical failure as a trigger, and not just a regular failure: Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

No hero point needed for Niksi; I'm going to count a 17 as a success, since it exceeds the Will DC of the wolf.

The group gradually leads the wolves outside, using food, the illusory wolf, and gentle words from Rova.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism breathes a sigh of relief. "Goodjob..Rova!" She fully expected the halfling to be eaten by the wolfpack. Giving her a pat on the back Prism looks around the wolf lair for anything of interest before continuing south.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus follows at a distance as Rova and Niksi work their figurative and literal magic. When the wolves are outside of the area, he lets out the same sigh as Prism. His words come out as an excited whisper.

"Wow! Great job!"

Encouraged by not having to fight off several hungry wolves, Marilus follows Prism south once the lair is looked through.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova smiles. "Thanks. They're typically more friendly with the children of the night, but I think they can recognize a true believer in Great Groetus. It's a strange connection, since they're more in Arazni or Urgathoa's domain, but they work together with the Harbinger of Last Days," she explains happily.

Turning her attention back to the now-empty cave, she looks around for more tracks, trying to move quietly.

"That smell? Maybe there are more xulgaths down that way?" she says.

Looking for the big paw prints, but anything else too. First option is to follow them, but if that's not possible, I think we head to the wonderful smell we've discovered.
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The tracks are easy to follow, heading to the South.

Fragments of bone glint among blood‑soaked scraps of fabric, tufts of fur, and unidentifiable fleshy masses that once belonged to living things. Jagged claw marks gouge the cave’s granite walls, and a fetid odor hangs heavy in the humid air.

An enormous, wolflike creature sleeps in the final cave.

This cave is 9 feet high and smells like rotted meat and fresh blood. A pool of water in the cave’s lowest point buzzes with insects.

You see the letters "CM" branded on the creature's arm.

Religion check to identify:

DC 25

Critical Failure

Spoiler:
You're pretty sure this is a werewolf. They are weak to silver.

Success

Spoiler:
This is a greater barghest, a shapeshifting fiend from the Abyss. They can also take the form of a goblin. They are resistant to fire and non-magical physical damage. They are weak to good and lawful damage.

Critical Success

Spoiler:
Read the Success answer first. Greater barghests usually have some mutations. This one seems to have an extra large jaw, giving it an exceptionally powerful bite.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"I do not know what it is, but whatever it is, it puts me ill-at-ease. In a bad way." Few people would need to specify as such, but Niksi is one of them.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Religion (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Oh," Rova breathes. "It's a greater barghest. That makes sense! They're shapeshifting fiends from the Abyss. They can also take the form of a goblin! They usually have some mutations. Look at its jaw. It's probably a really good biter."

She thinks for a moment.

"They're fiends, so fire probably won't do much, or just regular weapons if they're not magical. If anyone can do good damage, or lawful, they don't like those."


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

You all would recognize the CM brand as matching the Celestial Menagerie.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism shakes her head as she pulls her sickle loose from its loop. "Let me see if I can get in close behind it." She sneaks off ahead into the cave, clinging close to the walls.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Seeing the giant sleeping creature, Marilus speaks in a whisper, his voice a mix of genuine admiration and slight exasporation. "Shapeshifting fiend, huh? And I think you're right, Rova. It does look like a good biter!"

Marilus grins in the dark as Prism sneaks off. "And thanks for the heads up on the weapons. Looks like I'll be sticking to swords again," he says as he readies his blades in a fighting stance. "You all have a normal plan of attack for times like this? I don't think this one's going to run off into the woods to play with the other wolfies."


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

If there's time (and I assume there is), Rova will go collect Thkrull to help. She also will Hunt Prey.

"Usually our friend Mukluk took care of most of the things we've had to fight, but ... he died," Rova says sadly. "So, I think we all just try to attack and kill it before it kills us. Listen to Niksi. She usually helps you be careful."


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Prism sneaks in...

Spoiler:
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

And unfortunately steps on a bone! The snapping causes the creature to jolt awake! He sees you all and snarls...

Initiative:

Kalkek: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Perception, Marilus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Initiative!
Prism
Kalkek
Rova
Marilus
Niksi

Prism is first to react!


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Startling the beastie awake Prism screams. The color from her prismatic hair drains down into her hands as it cascades into the barghest's face.

Color Spray Will DC 21

Prism then quickly backpedals back out of the room to relative safety.

◆◆ Color Spray
◆ Stride

Status:

HP 61/63
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 0/1
Hero Points 2/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Will save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Success -> Crit Success from Incapacitation trait

The creature stands and says an incantation. He begins flickering in and out of the Material Plane.

Blink works differently than in PF1. No miss chance, just resistance.

Initiative!
Prism
Kalkek
Rova
Marilus
Niksi


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Status:

HP 71/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 1; Halfling Luck []
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Marilus [], Niksi [], Prism []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (barghest)

Rova moves up, not yet calling on her elephant friend, and fires two arrows toward the barghest. The first she times perfectly to catch between the flickers, though she rushes the next shot.

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Strike

+1 Shortbow (deadly d10, magical, 60 foot range, reload 0): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 = 30
Hunter's edge (precision/piercing damage): 2d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (3, 2) + (8) = 13
Deadly?: 1d10 ⇒ 1

Shortbow (iterative): 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 5 = 12
Piercing damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi conjures a fearsome image in the barghest's mind before beginning to sing her favorite fey tune.

Two actions to castFear on the barghest and then one to begin Inspire Defense


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Please watch over us Mukmuk." Prism offers a small prayer to her deceased friend. She feels a small tingling sensation and comfort from beyond.

Activate Reflection of Life to gain Fast healing 3 for 1 minute

◆◆ Reflection of Life
◆ Stride

Status:

HP 61/63; Fast Healing 3
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 0/1
Hero Points 2/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

"Here goes nothin'" Marilus mutters as he readies his weapons and dashes forward.

Status:

HP 70/73
AC 25 (+2 Parry | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Hero Points 2/2

Action 1: Twin Parry
Action 2: Stride

Trying to stay at the edge of the barghest's no-doubt long reach, Marilus stops suddenly and lunges forward, trying to strike the fiend with his rapier!

Action 3: Lunge->Strike

+1 Striking Rapier lunging strike: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Piercing: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Rova sends an expert arrow at the beast! It does less damage than she would expect as the greater barghest shifts in and out of the Material Plane.

Checked in with Rova: her listed attack bonus is too low. Not quite a crit still.

Niksi tries to scare the creature!

Will save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

He shivers slightly. Frightened 1

Prism gets into a better position and taps in to the healing influence of Mukluk.

Marilus gets close and darts in, stabbing with his rapier. Again, it does not deal full damage.

He does not appear to have reach with his natural attacks.

The creature Steps toward Marilus.

He growls. "Marilus. No. NO! I won't go back! I'll kill you first!"

Marilus:
The creature doesn't look familiar like this, but Rova said they could shapeshift. Something about the teeth does look familiar. You suddenly remember the “Grinning Goblin” from the sideshow. It was rumored that Mistress Dusklight kept him in check with magical manipulation and powerful drugs, but he broke free a week ago.

jaws: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 17 - 1 = 29
ouch!: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 7) + 6 = 17 piercing

claw: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 1 = 23
ouch!: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 7) + 6 = 20

Initiative!
Prism
Kalkek, -14 hp
Rova
Marilus, -15 hp
Niksi


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism runs in, slashes her sickle at the barghest before retreating out of reach of it's claws. "CarefulMarilus!"

+1 Striking Sickle: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 = 6

[ooc]◆ Stride
◆ Strike
◆ Stride

Status:

HP 63/63; Fast Healing 3
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 0/1
Hero Points 2/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 0/1


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova hesitates at the creature's words to Marilus.

"Wait!" she calls out. "We don't want to make you go back anywhere, we just need this area to be safe. We don't have to fight!"


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Status:
HP 55/73
AC 25 (+2 Parry | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Hero Points 2/2

Marilus grimaces as the creature bites down into him, but then a flash of realization crosses his face.

"Whoa! Are you the Grinning Goblin? From the Menagerie? We're not here to make you go back!"

Marilus carefully steps back away from the barghest and keeps his weapons raised defensively.

Action 1: Step
Action 2: Twin Parry

"Let's talk! We don't like Mistress Duskill either!"

Action 3: N/A


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism will stop, though not likely until the group says the above. Which may be too late for her.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi will continue singing for the time being, at least until the creature engages in conversation. While she is sympathetic to the circumstances and sees room for talking it out, she wants to makes sure the barghest is not a threat first.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The barghest looks around wildly. "No. You lie. YOU LIE!"

He casts a spell and disappears. Niksi immediately recognizes a dimension door spell.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

After pausing for a second and not being bit by an invisible jaw full of teeth, Marilus lowers his weapons and looks back at the party.

"He's gone now?"

Assuming an affirmative response, Marilus continues. "Ya know, I think that was the Grinning Goblin from the Celestial Menagerie. Mistress Duskill used magic and drugs to keep him under control, least according to rumors. I can't be sure, but he went missing a week ago. Maybe inspired me to start to get started leaving, too, a little."

Marilus sheaves his weapons and looks around. "Think he left anything behind?"

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Oh. That's horrible, she's a bigger fiend than an actual fiend!" Rova says. "I feel bad, but ... hopefully he'll stay away from us. We'll need to look out to make sure he doesn't hurt any of our friends."

She joins Marilus in looking around. Making sure he's not lurking somewhere nearby first, then general surveying of the cave. Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi ceases her singing and sighs. "He dimension door'd away. I doubt we will find him anywhere nearby." She taps her chin. "I am of course empathetic to his struggles, but barghests are a nasty bunch, and I worry that he be a danger if left to his own devices." She looks to Marilus. "Did you know this Grinning Goblin at all? Would you know anything of how to calm him? Or perhaps whether he is a particularly cruel or kind creature?"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

There is nothing of interest in the Grinning Goblin's cave.

It's hard to say much about him from the circus. He always seemed bitter and angry, but so did many of the members of the Celestial Menagerie. You remember him having a particular affinity for wolves, whenever they were part of the show.

As you leave the cave, the wolf pack is gone. Their tracks lead south. It is around four o clock in the afternoon.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus finishes talking with Niksi and the rest of the group about the Grinning Goblin during the short walk out of the cave. He blinks a few times as he comes out of the cave, then looks around in the late afternoon sun.

"We haven't looked to the south yet, and I think we still have some time. Should we scout that area?"


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism is a little bit embarrassed that she attacked him now. "OH no!" She places her hands over her mouth. "I hope he is alright, he probably just wanted to escape from them like the rest."


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"You couldn't know," Rova assures Prism. "But you can apologize if you see him again."

The halfling nods at Marilus' suggestion, hoping they can clear this area out quickly and make it safe for the circus.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The group looks to the south. The stream flowing into the valley empties into a small swamp on the valley’s south side. Harboring slick muck and thick reeds, the swamp is greater difficult terrain for Medium creatures. Smaller creatures must Swim to cross the swamp (DC 10 Athletics).

Three islands of earth rise above the swamp water. Felled trees serve as bridges between them. The central one has the ruined remains of a stone building.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism feels bad for the Grinning Goblin as her mind thinks back to him and how scared he seemed. "I hope we see him again."

Seeing the downed 'bridge' Prism slwoly begins to cross as she tries to look over the central island. "There is so much out here to see."


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova nods and follows Prism across, lithely Balancing with ease.

1,851 to 1,900 of 3,633 << first < prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.