GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


1,951 to 2,000 of 3,635 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

A small voice from the debris answers "You're not the wolf creature. That's good. But that can only mean that you are here to take what we have rightfully stolen! Why else would you be be here?"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Perhaps ... an arrangement could be reached?" Rova ventures.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi waves at the ratfolk. ”Now now, I have no problem with thieves and I have no idea what you have stolen. We all have to make a living somehow, yes? We have no quarrel with you. We are simply humble circusfolk looking over the area we want to set up our tent in. Do you think I would go around like this otherwise?” She motions to her outfit.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Wearen't..hereto..takeanything. Weare..justlooking..overthe..areabecause..weare..settingup..acircus..nearby !" Prism jubilantly exclaims. "Do you want to come?"


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus lets the women do the talking, watching the debris to see the ratfolks' response. He does his best to look non-threatening, even with swords drawn.

Maybe they could do some sort of acrobatics routine.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

There is a high-pitched shriek that harms the eardrums of everyone except Prism.

"Oh my god, you're from the CIRCUS! I LOVE the circus! I want to be in a circus so badly!"

A small white and brown ratfolk emerges from the debris, bouncing from paw to paw.

""Look at what I can do! Could this be an act?"

She light several colorful fireworks, and starts juggling them.

"Fidget, no, not inside!"

Two other white and brown ratfolk also come into the main room. You get the feeling they might all be siblings.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Whoa," Rova says, impressed with the fireworks. "I think it probably could! We're a very friendly circus, and I think there's probably always room for more acts."

She pauses for a beat.

"That's OK, right Niksi?" she asks, to make sure with the new ringmaster.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Seeing the bright and colorful fireworks Prism claps and rushes in to join them. Cupping her hands it the air she lets loose a large wave or prismatic colors high above to joining with them. "Thatwould..begreat!"

She looks with pleading eyes to Niksi.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi smiles big under her mask. There is always something so charming about the earnest enjoyment that the circus can bring to people at a mere mention. Nevertheless, she plays the role of the discerning ringmaster well. "Hmm...you do have the right attitude. And some amount of skill and daring. However, I must be honest with you that a job in the circus is not all games. There is hard work and practice involved, and you will have other people relying upon you. The danger in our acts mean that despite the effortless front we put up, we must always keep safety in mind. Each person is of course allowed to risk their life in whichever way suits their talents and practice, but I will not tolerate recklessness towards the lives of other performers or the crowd. A circus is a family of choice, and as such, we must always look out for each other. We all earn our keeps, though." She leans in, resting her knuckle against her chin. "With all that in-mind, are you still interested?"

She's not trying to turn him off, but rather just to be even-handed. She is a professional above all else


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus looks back to the ratfolk for their response.

Good speech, and I think she means it. Joining this group might be the first good decision I've made in a while.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Fidget looks at Niksi with big eyes. "Oh, I can do it! I can be safe!"

She notices a large burn mark on her forearm and quickly rolls down her sleeve.

"Really, I can!"

The other two ratfolk look at each to her and back to Fidget. "This is really what you want to do?"

She bounces again. "So much! This is my biggest dream!"

"Well, it can't be a worse life for you than this one." He addresses Niksi. "I'm Calim, this is Lish, and that is Fidget. We want her to be happy, and this seems like what she wants. I'll warn you though, if I hear about anything happening to her like at the Celstial Menagerie, your circus will find itself with problems." He waves the alchemist's fire that he was holding, then puts it away.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi extends her hand to shake. "Then welcome to The Circus of Wayward Wonders, Fidget. I am Niksi Drugova. Pronounced like the fey, spelled differently."

Niksi switches to her "happy" face. "Oh do not worry: most of us are former Celestial Menagerie members who got out because of how deplorable it was. We treat our family right." She tilts her head and holds her arms open. "Calim and Lish, you are of course welcome to join us as well. There is plenty of work about the circus that can be done behind-the-scenes. Honest work, if you want it."


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus smiles, sheaths his weapons, and walks forward with his hand extended.

"My name is Marilus. I'm a bit of a newcomer myself, but I will promise you that nothing like what happens at the Celestial Menagerie will happen here. Welcome aboard!"

After shaking hands, he continues, "Now, what was that about a wolf creature?"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Calim emphatically shakes Niksi's hand with his paw.

He gives a slight grin. "Eh, we've never been much for honest work if you get my drift. But since you're sort of family to Fidget now, you're family to us, and you're welcome to share in our ill-gotten gains! That is, as long as you won't tell the coppers where we are. Don't worry, we aren't jerks, we took all this stuff from people who stole it in the first place."

He gestures to a pile with expanded alchemist’s tools, a greater leaper’s elixir, and formulas for lesser and greater leaper’s elixir.

"The wolf creature? You know, the big wolf guy. Walks around on two legs. Commands all the other wolves. We thought maybe he was a werewolf, but we've never seen him not be a wolf."


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Oh," Rova says as they mention not being interested in honest work. "Have you heard of Groetus? Everyone thought my family growing up were cultists, but they just didn't believe us when we tried to warn them about what was happening! It sounds a lot like your situation. I bet you could join them if you want. Since Fidget's joining us, I mean. I can give you a letter that says I sent you, if you can find them. They do move around a lot."

She shakes her head.

"I convinced the wolves to leave. But he's not a werewolf, he's a demon wolf. They're called barghests. I don't think he was that bad, really, he just got messed up with the Mengerie too."

She looks around.

"Is there anyone or anything else in here? We were going to set up our circus nearby but want to make sure it's safe. I think Prism has extra tickets if you want to come see it."


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism smiles. "That sounds like Grinning Goblin! Doyou..knowwhich..wayhe..went?" She wraps an arm around Calim as she is glad to have him join their circus family. "Thisis..goingto..befun!"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

"It sounded like he went south. And yeah! We'll definitely come to Fidget's big premiere!"

Anything else for the group today, or calling it a night?


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus is good with calling it a night instead of blundering about in the dark searching for a demon wolf.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Sure, calling it a night sounds good. Just want to make sure, it sounds like the ysoki were the only things in the keep?


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Yup, a night sounds good, then we can head south to look for the Grinning Goblin.

"Yeah! I can't wait." Prism spends much of the evening discussing the show and what Fidget has in mind for his premiere.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The night passes quietly, though there is some commotion the next day when some of the circus people notice fresh wolf tracks around the edge of the camp.

What would you like to do? You've explored the whole map at this point.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism points down to the wolf tracks. "Look! The..GrinningGoblin..camelast..night." She leans down to see if she can see where the tracks are leading to. "Shouldwe..leavehim..somefood?"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Maybe that's good? It might mean he's interested in joining ... or eating one of us," Rova says. She studies the tracks to see if she can follow them again.

"I think we need to find out which one before we move the circus to the camp," she says. "And I still think we should tell the constable what we found. If you can get the guard on your side, that can be really helpful when the mob comes to attack you because they don't understand that you're warning them and not threatening them..."


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

"I'm not sure about telling the guard," Marilus chimes in. "Seems like the authorities can't blame you for things they don't know about. I'd rather try to track down the Grinning Goblin and deal with him ourselves. Let him know he can join up-" Marilus glances at Niksi, "-if that's okay--or he needs to find someplace else to bother."

Marilus glances back to Rova. "Or stop him from eating us, if it comes to that."


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi taps her chin. ”I have my reservations about a barghest, but I am willing to give him a chance. Not everyone who Mistress Dusklight has harmed is as peaceful and friendly as us.” She allows a tinge of self-depricating irony into that last bit.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

After getting Thkrull ready, Rova tries to follow the pawprints.

Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Rova easily tracks the wolves deep into the woods to the south. Soon, you come across three wolves, who look like some of the wolves you met in the cave. This time, they are growling at you and their hackles are raised.

I'll pause if you want to try a non-violent resolution again, though the DC will be harder this time.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Prism halts in her tracks. [b]"Heya Rova...You able to calm them down again?" She makes small movements, trying not to set the wolves off or escalate the situation.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"I can try," Rova says.

"Come on, pups, we discussed this. We don't want to have to hurt you," Rova scolds as she tries to calm them again.

She looks around for the Grinning Goblin, to see if he's riling them up and they can reach some sort of accommodation.

Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi attempts her same trick as before with the illusory wolf to see if she can help Rova convince the wolves to stay calm.

Performance: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Rova doesn't spot the Grinning Goblin, but she does see some of his tracks leading further on.

She makes makes soothing noises at the wolves, but it's Niksi's illusory wolf who really calms the creatures down.

You continue along, following the tracks, until you spot Kalkek eating some kind of raw meat off a bone.

"What! The wolves were supposed to murder you! I guess I'll have to do it myself!"

Initiative:

Kalkek: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Perception, Marilus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

He tosses his breakfast aside and casts a spell that makes him even larger!

Initiative
Kalkek
Prism
Niksi
Marilus
Rova


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Status:

HP 71/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 2; Halfling Luck []
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Marilus [], Niksi [], Prism []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (xx)?, inspired?

"We were trying to be nice!" Rova says. "You could have joined our circus!"

Watching carefully as the wolf-goblin-fiend gets larger, she sizes him up and then fires a bow.

"Thkrull, be ready!" she calls.

Action 1: Hunt Prey
Action 2:Strike
Action 3: Command an Animal

+1 Shortbow (deadly d10, magical, 60 foot range, reload 0): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 1 = 20
Hunter's edge (precision/piercing damage): 2d6 + 1d8 ⇒ (6, 3) + (7) = 16


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Status:

HP 32/32
AC 19 (20, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6 (+1 to all when inspired)
Perception +5, Acrobatics +6, Athletics +7, Intimidation +4
Effects:

Thkrull trumpets in delight at the ability to prove his superiority over a stupid mangy dog that can't even manage to walk on all four feet like he should (sure, Thkrull can rise up and walk on his back legs, and even is grudgingly willing to if his halfling asks, but that's just another sign of his superiority, not something he has to do because he's compensating for being a horrible fiend).

Stride
Support (which I guess only happens it if moves in): Your elephant uses its trunk to grab and hamper a foe. Until the start of your next turn, any creatures your elephant threatens is encumbered. (Note, this would make it Clumsy 1, so a -1 to Dex checks including AC, and a 10-ft. penalty to speed. If it Steps or Strides away from the elephant, it loses that penalty.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Status:

HP 55/73?
AC 24 or 25 (+2 Parry | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Hero Points 2/2

Marilus would have drawn his blades when the party was tracking the Grinning Goblin, just in case something like this happened. Also, would it have been possible to get Marilus 18 HP worth of healing overnight? I clearly forgot but he wouldn't have in-character.

Marilus looks at the Grinning Goblin in disgust. He waits for any protective songs or magic from the party before he raises his blades in a defensive stance and advances straight toward the gigantic wolf-demon, shouting as he goes.

"We are trying to get back at the person who hurt you! Go bother her instead and stop this!"

Twin parry
Stride
Strike

+1 striking rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Oh! Don't..hurthim." Prism calls out as she draws her sickle, moving in to to circle around.

◆ Draw Sickle
◆◆ Stride

Status:

HP 63/63;
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 1/1
Hero Points 3/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


3 people marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

@marilus We definitely would have healed you

"I doubt that he plans on providing us with the same consideration, Prism."

Niksi grants their newest member a burst of speed before going into a childish nursery rhyme.

She is casting Hast on Marilus again

Two actions to cast Haste, one to begin Inspire Defense

Niksi's Song:

"Build my house of straw
I build my house of hay
I toot my flute
I don't give a hoot
And play around all day
I build my house of sticks
I build my house of twigs
With a hey-diddle-diddle
I play on my fiddle
And dance all kinds of jigs
I build my house of stone
I build my house of bricks
I have no chance
To sing and dance
'Cause work and play don't mix
He don't take no time to play
Time to play, time to play
All he does is work all day
You can play and laugh and fiddle
Don't think you can make me sore
I'll be safe and you'll be sorry
When the wolf comes through your door
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?
Big, bad wolf? Big, bad wolf?
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?
Tra-la-la-la-la
Who's there?
I'm a poor little sheep with no place to sleep.
Please open the door and let me in.
Not by the hair of our chinny-chin-chin.
You can't fool us with that old sheep skin!
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?
Big, bad wolf? Big, bad wolf?
Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?
Tra-la-la-la-la"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Oh, yes, I should have automated the healing, but I will always assume that you are taking the time to heal! If it becomes important to know how much time is passing, I'll specifically call that out.

Prism ducks around the bushes, as Niksi starts her song and grants Marilus haste!

Rova fires her arrow over the creature's head!

Kalkek lashes out as Marilus approaches.

AoO: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23
ouch!: 2d10 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 6 + 4 = 17

But misses between the parry and Niksi's song!

Marilus successfully pokes Kalkek.

Marilus has one more attack with the haste!

Kalkek casts a spell on Rova provokes from Marilus and then tries to bite the Taldan!

Rova, DC 25 Will save:

Confusion!

Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target babbles incoherently and is stunned 1.
Failure The target is confused for 1 minute. It can attempt a new save at the end of each of its turns to end the confusion.
Critical Failure The target is confused for 1 minute, with no save to end early.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22
ouch!: 2d10 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10, 8) + 6 + 4 = 28

"I wouldn't join you either! I don't belong in a circus; I belong in the Abyss!"

Initiative
Kalkek, -5 hp
Prism
Niksi
Marilus haste attack from last round plus AoO
Rova


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Status:

HP 73/73
AC 25 (+2 Parry | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Quickened (Haste)
Hero Points 2/2

Last round's haste attack
+1 Striking Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 3) + 3 = 12

AoO
+1 Striking Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 = 5

"The Abyss?" Marilus responds. "Then we shall send you there!"

Marilus strikes with his rapier with supernatural speed! He then strikes with his rapier and main-gauche together, before resuming his defensive stance against the gigantic barghest.

Quickened: Strike
Action 1+2: Double Slice
Action 3: Twin Parry

Quickened +1 Striking Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 1) + 3 = 11
Critical success: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 6) + 3 = 10
Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Double slice +1 Striking Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7

Double slice Main-gauche: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Smaller poke: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Will (expert): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18
Will (expert), halfling luck: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23

Quick stats:

HP 71/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 2; Halfling Luck [x]
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Marilus [], Niksi [], Prism []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (Klakek), inspired, confused 1/10 (attempt a new save at the end of each of its turns to end the confusion)

Able Abyss Apple!" Rova babbles as she looks around madly. She fires an arrow at Marilus, then drops her bow and pulls her filcher's fork, jabbing it at Niksi before dashing toward Marilus. Right before she can stab him, though, she comes back to herself with a start.

"What in Groetus' name am I doing?!"

Action 1: Strike
Action 2: Quick Draw
Action 3: Stride (toward Marilus en route to attacking him, which I don't have actions to do)

Target?: 1d5 ⇒ 3 Marilus
+1 Shortbow (deadly d10, magical, 60 foot range, reload 0): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 = 21
Piercing damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Target?: 1d5 ⇒ 1 Niksi
Filcher's Fork (iterative): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 4 = 17
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Target?: 1d5 ⇒ 3 Marilus

Will (expert) to end confused: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26

Hope you're OK with those actions, Kate. I rolled randomly to determine targets, and figured I wouldn't use my bow against an adjacent target.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

That's fine! Good way to handle it.

Marilus stabs the barghest twice, while Rova starts acting very oddly!

Initiative
Kalkek, -34 hp
Prism
Niksi

Marilus haste attack from last round plus AoO
Rova


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism runs across the gap and ducks into another set of bushes and brush while she tries to remain out of sight to circle around behind the Grinning Goblin.

◆ Stride
◆ Hide (Stealth +11)
◆ Sneak (Stealth +11)

Status:

HP 63/63;
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 1/1
Hero Points 3/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Lingering Performance: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Definitely a fail at this level, so just lasts the normal amount, but I don't spend the focus point and can try again next round

Niksi moves in closer and draws her elven curve blade, preparing to enter the melee if need be.

Free action to lingering performance, one action to inspire defense, one action to stride


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

GM screen:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 141d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Prism tries to hide while Niksi get into position.

Kalkek roars in fury and lashes out!

jaws vs Marilus: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20
ouch: 2d10 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 6 + 4 = 21

claw vs Rova: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 17 - 4 = 22
ouch!: 2d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 + 4 = 16

claw vs Prism: 1d20 + 17 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 17 - 8 = 15
ouch!: 2d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 + 4 = 18 Sorry, he spotted you.

But in his rage, his attacks are all bluster!

Initiative
Kalkek, -34 hp
Prism
Niksi
Marilus
Rova


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism rolls to the side avoiding the claw as it swipes over her body. "Phew, that was close!" She steps in and thumps him on the nose with the butt of her sickle.

+1 Striking Sickle (NL; Flanking): 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 2 = 28
NL Damage: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 1 = 8
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

+1 Striking Sickle (NL; Flanking): 1d20 + 14 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 2 - 4 = 18
NL Damage: 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8
Sneak Attack Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

◆ Step
◆ Strike
◆ Strike

Status:

HP 63/63;
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 1/1
Hero Points 3/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi continues her big bad wolf song while she tries to slow down the monster with an attack on his mind.

Daze: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
DC 21 basic will save, stunned 1 on a crit fail

One action to sing, two actions to daze


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

That hits Rova; she's flat-footed while confused.
DC 11 flat check to end confused: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Quick stats:

HP 57/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 2; Halfling Luck [x]
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Marilus [], Niksi [], Prism []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (Klakek), inspired

"Ow!" Rova cries, the pain snapping her out of her confusion.

She glares at the fiend. "We offered you a chance!" she cries, as she steps in and stabs furiously with her fork.

Action 1: Step
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Strike

+1 Filcher's Fork (Agile, backstabber, deadly d6, finesse, thrown 20 ft.): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Hunter's edge (precision/piercing damage): 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (7) + 1 = 12
Crit specialization (probably not, but just in case): The weapon pierces the target, weakening its attacks. The target is clumsy 1 until the start of your next turn.

Filcher's Fork (iterative): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 4 = 13


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Dodging Rova's attack and thankful for Prism's help distracting the fiend, Marilus continues his attacks.

Quickened: Strike
Action 1-2: Double Slice
Action 3: Twin Parry

Quickened +1 Striking Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 6) + 3 = 14
Crit success?: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (5, 2) + 3 = 10
Deadly?: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Double slice +1 Striking Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
Poke: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 6) + 3 = 16

Double slice Main-gauche: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Small poke: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

If that first Strike crits, I think you should also get the crit specialization effect (The target is made off-balance by your attack, becoming flat-footed until the start of your next turn for the rapier.) (That said, you don't roll damage twice, just double the initial roll.)


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Thanks, Rova!

Prism steps in carefully, then stabs the barghest.

Niksi tries to attack him mentally.

Will: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

And she succeeds!

Rova, mad about being tricked into attacking her friends, stabs angrily with her filcher's fork!

Marilus uses Prism's flank to land a huge blow on the barghest!

Crit, indeed! Doubling the initial roll is the default rule, but I don't mind if anyone prefers to roll twice, which is an alternate rule. As long as you're consistent!

Badly injured, Kalkek fights on!

jaws vs Marilus: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
ouch: 2d10 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (9, 8) + 6 + 4 = 27

claw vs Rova: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 17 - 4 = 19
ouch!: 2d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8) + 6 + 4 = 24

claw vs Prism: 1d20 + 17 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 17 - 8 = 16
ouch!: 2d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (8, 4) + 6 + 4 = 22

I think that just hits Marilus even with the parry and the inspired defense, but please double check that!

Initiative
Kalkek, -97 hp
Prism
Niksi
Marilus, -27 hp
Rova, -16 hp


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Quick stats:

HP 57/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 2; Halfling Luck [x]
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Marilus [], Niksi [], Prism []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (Klakek), inspired

Rova hacks furiously at Kalkek, angry that he was so obstinate. Almost like a Pharasman!

Action 1: Strike
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Strike

+1 Filcher's Fork (Agile, backstabber, deadly d6, finesse, thrown 20 ft.): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Filcher's Fork (iterative): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 4 = 19

Filcher's Fork (iterative): 1d20 + 13 - 8 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 8 = 24
Hunter's edge (precision/piercing damage): 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 1 = 3

1,951 to 2,000 of 3,635 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.