GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


1,801 to 1,850 of 3,633 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Reflex DC 22: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 0 damage thanks to Inspire Defense
Reflex DC 22: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 2 damage thanks to Inspire Defense
Fort Save Centipede Venom: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Prism manages to get a small nick as she pushes the orb of flames into the mass of writhing insects. She burns as many as she can before making a retreat.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 4 = 15
Crit Persistent Fire Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (3, 1, 4) = 8

Player Status:

HP 61/63
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 1/1
Hero Points 2/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Prism hops out of the mass of bugs, leaving a fiery wake behind her.

The first swarm of centipedes swarms all over Marilus!

swarm!: 1d8 ⇒ 4, DC 22 basic Reflex save
swarm!: 1d8 ⇒ 7, DC 22 basic Reflex save

If you take damage from either of those, after the saving throw and accounting for damage resistance from Niksi, please save against centipede venom!

Initiative!
Niksi
Marilus

Centipedes 2, -15 hp
Prism
Centipedes 1, -30 hp, flat-footed
Rova


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Does Prism get damaged by the centipedes? She moved away last round and doesn't appear to be in their mix on the map.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Sorry, that line was copied-pasted from my scratch file! Only Marilus gets hit this time.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Status:

HP 71/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 1; Halfling Luck []
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Prism [], Niksi []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (swarm 1), inspired

"Hopefully they don't have protection from the Rough Beast!" Rova calls as she throws the vial in her hand.

Action 1: Command an Animal
Action 2: Hunt Prey
Action 3: Strike with fire

"Get them, Thkrull!" Rova orders as she sizes up the bugs and tosses the alchemist's fire!

Lesser alchemist's fire: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18 Aiming at the square to the right of Marilus, so hopefully getting both swarms with splash, though also Marilus -- sorry, Marilus!
Fire+1 splash+precision: 1d8 + 1 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5) = 9 +1 persistent fire damage


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Status:

HP 32/32
AC 19 (20, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6 (+1 to all when inspired)
Perception +5, Acrobatics +6, Athletics +7, Intimidation +4
Effects:

Thkrull trumpets loudly and then rears up, slamming his heavy foot down on the nearest bugs before swiping with his beautiful tusks. Attacking swarm 2; assume I can do so even if Niksi's in that square

Foot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Tusk (agile): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 4 = 14
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus does some dodging.

Ref DC 22: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 = 29
Ref DC 22: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 = 29

0 damage first attack after inspire defense
1 damage second attack after inspire defense

Fort vs venom: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21

Marilus feels the sting of centipede venom entering his body!

Does he take two damage and get flat footed or is the 1d6 re-rolled? 1d6 ⇒ 3

Still hasted, Marilus takes another two slashes at the centipedes crawling and biting at his feet.

Action 1: Double slice 1/2
Action 2: Double slice 2/2

Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Main gauche: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Rapier piercing crit + deadly: 2d8 + 3 + 2d8 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 + (5, 1) + 3 + (6) = 24
Main-gauche piercing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Aiming for the largest centipedes, Marilus stabs at his foes with gusto! "Take that you bugs!"

Then he moves back, trying to get away from the centipedes (living and dead) until he can move in and attack again.

Action 3: Stride away
Didn't really use the hasted action because there's not a need to use twin parry against centipedes. But in future combats, there will be!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Sorry for being slow to post. Had a stomach bug this weekend that was kicking my butt. The worst is hopefully over

Reflex Save (inspire defense): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 + 1 = 17 Reduced to 0 by Inspire Defense
Reflex Save (inspire defense): 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 = 22Halved to 4, inspire defense takes off 2, leaving 2

Fortitude Save (inspire defense): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30

Niksi grants a parting slash to the swarm before backing away, continuing her song all the while.

Strike with Cold Iron Elven Curve Blade: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Strike, stride, Inspire Defense

HP 59/61


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Rova tosses an alchemist's fire that sizzles away at some centipedes!

Miss on Swarm 2, but still does splash, which triggers weakness to splash damage. Hit on Swarm 1, because of flat-footed! The precision doesn't seem to go through.

Thkrull stomps around, but doesn't hit very many vermin in his effort not to stomp on Niksi.

Marilus's first attack easily dispatches the rest of the first swarm. He deals a small amount of damage to the second swarm, and then moves away.

Niksi deals with the centipede bites with aplomb, though she struggles to hit the centipedes with a sword.

The remaining swarm covers Rova and Thkrull!

swarm!: 1d8 ⇒ 5, DC 22 basic Reflex save
swarm!: 1d8 ⇒ 7, DC 22 basic Reflex save

If you take damage from either of those, after the saving throw and accounting for damage resistance from Niksi, please save against centipede venom!

Centipede venom:

DC 22 Fort save

Stage 1 1d6 ⇒ 4 poison damage and flat-footed
Stage 2 1d8 ⇒ 8 poison damage, clumsy 1, and flat-footed

Anyone who is still poisoned from a previous round, please also save again.

Initiative!
Niksi
Marilus

Centipedes 2, -21 hp
Prism
Rova


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism continues to toss small balls of fire from a safe distance away from the creepy crawlies.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 4 = 9
Crit Persistent Fire Damage: 3d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) = 5

Player Status:

HP 61/63
AC 23 (+1 Shield Spell | +1 Inspire Defense and 2/- physical)
Spells: 1st 1/1
Hero Points 2/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes
Reflection of Life 1/Day 1/1


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Reflex (expert): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 = 31 Success for half damage, which should be just 2 hp, which should be taken care of by the inspiration

Quick stats:

HP 71/71
AC 22 (23, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +11 (+1 to all with inspire defense)
Hero points: 1; Halfling Luck []
Battle Medicine: Rova [], Thkrull [], Prism [], Niksi []; Reflection of Life []
Arrows used: 0/23; Stones used 0/7
Effects: Hunted prey (xxx), inspired

Rova lets out a cry of alarm as the bugs cover her but barely jumps back in time, swatting them away thanks to Niksi's inspiration. Ripping her fork from its sheath, she stabs at the bugs as she backs away, yelling for Thkrull to retreat too.

Action 1: Command an Animal
Action 2: Quick Draw
Action 3: Stride

+1 Filcher's Fork (Agile, backstabber, deadly d6, finesse, thrown 20 ft.): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Deadly: 1d6 ⇒ 3


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
Fort: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20

Quick stats:

HP 21/32
AC 19 (20, plus physical resistance 2, when inspired)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6 (+1 to all when inspired)
Perception +5, Acrobatics +6, Athletics +7, Intimidation +4
Effects: flat-footed, poisoned (stage 1)

Thkrull doesn't move as quickly, the bugs swarming all over his feet, biting and stinging painfully. Stumbling slightly, he stomps on the bugs before retreating as his halfling suggested.

Foot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus tries to fight off the poison.

Fort: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 1 = 26

Feeling a little better.

He then rushes back in and starts stabbing at the centipedes.

Quickened action: stride
Action 1 and 2: double slice

Rapier: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Main gauche: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Rapier piercing crit? + deadly?: 2d8 + 3 + 2d8 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 + (6, 3) + 3 + (4) = 27
Main gauche piercing: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

"Surely these *stab* things are *stab* dead by... wait, are they dead?"

Backs away a few steps to see if the centipedes keep attacking.

Action 3: Stride


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Rova and Marilus cross weapons to take down the rest of the swarm with two more crits!

I did a poor job of tracking player hp, but since no one got hurt much, let's assume Rova spends ten minutes on everyone who is injured and gets everyone back up to full.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Relief washes over Marilus' face as the last centipedes stop squirming.

"Great job everyone, and thanks for the help, boss," he says to Niksi. "And we didn't burn the place down, either!"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Yeah," Rova says, "but we should look around in case they weren't just here normally."

Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 Looking for signs of Rovagug, of course; if I find nothing, let's continue on with our exploration.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism sighs in relief, "Afterdemons, thatwas..abreeze!" She fistpumps the air. "Whatelse..dowe..haveto..doto..getready..aroundhere?" Her fast speech blending the words as she ponders.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi nods thoughtfully at Marilus and his strong showing. "You did well, dear. Please, no need to call me 'boss.' In fact, I would prefer it if you did not."


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

GM screen:

Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Perception, Corkas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception, Marilus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

You follow an overgrown hunting path ends at a small glade with a spring‑fed pool beneath the boughs of a huge oak tree. While on the path, you notice old bear tracks. Marilus also notices paw prints of an enormous wolflike creature. The clearing contains the savaged corpse of a grizzly bear.

Rova spots a knot in the oak tree’s trunk carved with the initials JW.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prims puts both of her hands in the wolf's paw print on the ground. "Whoa!" She then skips over and traces her fingers along the JW carving while the rest investigate the bear. "What do you think it means?" She glances around the clearing for any signs of tracks leading away.


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus walks up to the bear's corpse and kneels beside it, looking at the damage inflicted. He tries his best to figure out what caused the injuries, though he bets it might have something to do with enormous wolf paw prints.

"I'm guessing it means whatever made those wolf tracks got this bear, and not to much hunts bears, right? I'm liking our real estate less and less."

Medicine to recall knowledge/perform forensic investigation: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

In addition to anyone being able to recall knowledge of Medicine untrained, Marilus has the Clever Improviser feat, allowing him to attempt trained only skill actions untrained.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi leans in, switching to her “serious” face. She rests her knuckle against her chin as she carefully examines the initials. ”Jenny Waterfordscire. Just Watch. Jelly Within. Jerks and Women. Jolly Witness. Joyous Wilburforce. Jon W.. Jokes for Wives. Journeyman Worker. J. Who? Jay Dubyu. Jemma Wemma.” She straightens her back and claps her hands. ”Any other takers?”


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Maybe it was just a couple of kids who snuck out here?" Rova asks, with a shrug.

She turns her attention to the tracks, wondering if they might belong to a grim. They often heralded death, so it was possible. Or a hellhound. They'd already fought demons, so perhaps something else was coming like that?

"The poor bear," she says, trying to tell if whatever killed it had fed on it at all or just killed and abandoned it, then turning her attention to the tracks. Hunting Prey

"Do we want to follow them, to make sure whatever it was isn't still nearby?"

Medicine (expert, inc. +1 item bonus): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 to examine the corpse
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 if it's applicable to try to ID the tracks
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 = 20 to Track my Hunted Prey if the group wants to do that

Keeping my bow out, btw.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Marilus and Rova examine the bear. It has obvious injuries, probably caused by bites from a large creature.

Niksi examines the tree. The knot’s bark crumbles away easily, revealing a shallow niche. The cache in the tree consists of a chime of opening, a moderate darkvision elixir, and 10 pp.

Rova examines the tracks as well. They might be from a dire wolf, but they seem even too big for that.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism pulls out a small sickle. "Wecan't..haveit..stalking aroundthe..show." She looks to the others. "Can't haveit..getnear..thekids!"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The tracks seem to go toward the cave.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi passes out the darkvision elixir to anyone lacking her own natural senses. She holds onto the chime of opening for the time being, as musical instruments are one of her areas of expertise.

"Well then, let us take care. Perhaps Rova can convince the animal to leave peacefully?"


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus nods in thanks as Niksi hands him the darkvision elixer.

"Thanks. And just in case Rova's coaxing doesn't work..." he trails off as he draws his rapier and dagger again. "Should I go in first or wait for Rova's signal to move in?"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"I can try," Rova says. "Maybe we should all go in together, but stay behind me."

Leaving Thkrull outside for the moment, she leads the way in, trying to move as stealthily as possible avoid notice now, hoping she can find the other beast. She has her bow in hand, just in case she can't persuade it to leave.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The forest ends abruptly where a sheer slab of quartz-studded granite looms over the treetops. A cave mouth yawns open in its side. The cave is dark, and its mossy walls are studded with patches of ghostly white fungus. A narrow tunnel at the back of the cave leads deeper into the hill, forking into paths leading north and southeast.

This cave is only 6 feet high, making it wide but low. The passage north has several rusty caltrops scattered on the floor.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism nearly steps on a caltrop as she has a little difficulty seeing in the dark. "Giveme..alittle..lightand..Ican...clearthese." She slowly begins sweeping a path through the caltrops.

Thievery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Oh, convenient that it's the right size," Rova says happily as Prism works.

"We should probably go that way if they don't want us to, right?" She gestures to the north.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Prism carefully finds a path, and the rest of you follow.

Torches burnt out years ago jut out from crude holes in the walls of this cavern. A fire pit and the remnants of a makeshift camp stand at the center of the chamber. Chunks of granite and dirt are heaped against the rocky walls, as if someone attempted to clear the cave’s floor.

A dry patch in the western edge of the cavern is swept clean of rubble and contains a threadbare bedroll and an old, cracked waterskin near a disused fire pit. Tucked in the bedroll is an old notebook, marked with the name Juniper Winzel.

If you read the notebook:
This loose‑leaf parchment notebook is bound in burgundy leather and tied shut with a knotted silver cord. The journal details the exploits of a pickpocket‑turned‑cat burglar on the streets of Escadar. These entries are dated beginning in 4700 ar. The scale of Juniper’s crimes grows as the entries’ dates approach the present, progressing into ambitious heists targeting banks and temples. Toward the end of her journal, Juniper confides her fears that Andera Paldreen, a competent deputy working to rise in the constabulary, has obtained evidence of Juniper’s guilt. The journal’s final entry is dated 4712 AR. In addition to her memoirs, the text contains a sketch of the cave system, with an area labeled “Wanderer’s Folly – Danger!” Juniper’s journal also references stolen items hidden in a tree in a nearby glade.

There is a shallow pit in the cave’s northeastern corner. A chest buried in the pit holds a clandestine cloak, infiltrator thieves’ tools, infiltrator picks, and eight garnets worth 10 gp each.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"It looks like they were trying to avoid Andera," Rova says. "She probably had good reason. You can never be too careful. But I guess we could tell her when we go back to Escadar. It would probably make her happy to know she was right. And we have a map!"

That cloak's interesting, but probably more to sell, IMO. I'm assuming the stolen items are the ones we recovered already and used some of. Whoops.

"But we still didn't find the wolf," she adds, ready to push on.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"JW!" Prism points at the notebook with the name Juniper Winzel. She reaches down into the chest, grabbing ahold of the set of tools, in much better condition than her own. Will take Infiltrator Thieves' tools and picks if no objections. "Whywould..someonebe...stayinghere...withthe...wolf?" Prism seems confused unless the wolf killed Juniper already.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

"This Juniper may have prefered wolves to people. I can understand the feeling, at times." She thinks back to some of the more unpleasant people she had met in the Menagerie. "I do not see a reason to immediately notify the sheriff. This Juniper is likely dead, after all. I also can hardly judge a person for wanting to redistribute a little wealth."


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

"No reason to tell the sheriff anything," Marilus agrees. He spends a few moments leafing through the pages in the dark, thanks to the darkvision elixor.

"'Wanderer's Folly - Danger'. Let's be careful as we keep going. Could be more than just a giant wolf we have to watch out for."

When everyone is ready, Marilus will lead (or follow Rova) further into the cave system.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"I don't think she was working with the wolf either. I think we went the wrong way, or the wolf would probably have disturbed the old caltrops," Rova says, though she's not sure about keeping it from the sheriff.

If you can get in good with the authorities, that's always a help, she remembers getting as advice from one of her "uncles."

She heads back to the fork to see if she can pick up the trail, which she thinks must lead to the southeast.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

GM Screen:

Rova: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Rova: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Marilus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

You continue on. This cavern is lower than other sections of the cave system, with a 5‑foot‑high ceiling. A natural pillar in the center of the cave appears defensible, and the carpet of lichen looks like a comfortable place to rest.

A discarded cloth sack lies near the pillar. Marilus spots that on the hidden east side of the pillar, the lichen becomes dangerous yellow mold.

Survival check to neutralize the mold.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

"Oh, one of my aunts used to use this to protect us," she said. "There's a little trick to clearing it."


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

That is a fail, but not a crit fail. Would you like to try again?


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Sure.

"This is a tricky patch," Rova says approvingly. "Maybe because we're in a shrine? Or they just did a good job setting it up."

Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Rova shrugs. "Er, it's very persistent..."

Can we just avoid the stuff?


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Ducking to keep from hitting his head on the cave's low ceiling, Marilus watches Rova try to deal with the mold.

"'Fraid I wouldn't be much help over there, Rova. Maybe we should try to find a less moldy place?"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

You can avoid the mold, but then you can't find out what's in the sack! Still no crit fails from Rova.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova would assume this is beyond her after five attempts, though I can continue to try if others push me to.

If that happens...:

Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Survival (expert): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Seeing that Rova is having some difficulty, Niksi tries an idea of her own, holding up her hands if manipulating a puppet. Casting Mage Hand on the sack. At this level, it can get any object of 1 bulk or less


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Niksi's gambit works! The cloth sack is a type I bag of holding containing a [i]dust of appearance, a lesser elixir of life, and a silver lensatic compass worth 30 gp engraved with the words “Always find your way back to me.”[/i]


M Human (Taldan) Fighter 5; Hero Pts 2/2; AC 22 (24 w/ parry); HP 70/73, F+12, R+13, W+11, Per+13

Marilus looks at the compass, turning it over in his hands.

"How romantic," he says.

He checks to make sure it's pointing toward north, as best as he can tell underground.

Survival: sense direction (untrained): 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 2 = 11


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Oh!" Rova says. "That's much easier. And even leaves the mold, which could probably be helpful. We'll just have to warn everyone in the circus to stay away from it."


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

"My apologies for not trying that earlier. I had forgotten that I had recently learned how to carry more weight with that trick."

She tosses Marilus the lesser elixir of life. "Each of us already has one. If you drink that, I can make another one." She begins walking onward, pausing to make sure the others are ready before continuing.

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,633 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.