GM Itzi's Skull and Shackles

Game Master Itzi

Map of the Wyrmwood
The Crew of the Wyrmwood
Current Map


101 to 150 of 883 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

"Besmara answers our desires in strange ways, she does," Sandara offers looking out across the dark sea. "The Wyrmwood is not the ship that I would have chosen either, but it's good to be at sea again."


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Martial Flexibility 3/3 | Active Conditions: None | Appearance

"Nowhere special. I am a follower of Desna, so I believe any journey is worth taking, even if you have no destination in mind." She follows Sandara's gaze out across the water. "It is a bad situation, but we can make the best of it. It seems many among us are in need of cheering up. Allow me."

The dark-skinned woman makes her way to the center of the deck. She gestures to those nearby. "Give me a beat." Once some crew members begin clapping and stomping their feet, Marisan closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She drops down low and begins to swing her body back and forth, legs crossing behind her as she rocks from side to side. She increases her pace steadily and then begins to perform all manner of kicks and leaps. She cartwheels and spins, sweeping her leg out low around her. At one point, she pushes herself into a handstand and walks on her hands, spinning around upside down before swinging about back into a standing position. The rhythm reaches peak intensity, and she runs forward a few paces before stopping short and leaping backwards, completing a full flip and landing on her feet, arms raised in the air in a triumphant finale!

Perform (dance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

Marisan's performance generates some not-unexpected catcalls and shouts to disrobe, but there are just as many responses that seem to be genuine praise. Clapping and cheering are the most common. Entertainment on ship can be hard to come by and it's valued in all its forms.

Achieving a result of 20+ will give you a +2 on any social skill checks for the next 24 hours. 9 or lower will penalize you.


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Con damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Charisma bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Things were beginning to look up for Tessa after the meal and rum. Sure it tasted terrible, but damn if it wasn't making her feel unstoppable!

After the man's brutal death by barnacle, Tessa is beginning to get the impression that she does not want to piss these a!~~&&&s off more than she already has. She talks quietly among the others that were kidnapped from the tavern just as she and Harmony had been. When Sandara shows up an introduces herself, Contessa takes notice. Even before she shows off her rapier, she remarks to the woman "Oh, I love that look. Well done, not too many can pull it off like you do."

Spotting her rapier, her eyes widen and she whispers excitedly "Bless me Besmara, you found it!" and eagerly takes it from the other redheaded woman. "Oh, I don't know how to thank you for this. I won't stick it in any of them yet, but when the time comes you can bet your ass I'll be in the front."

When she leans in an whispers to her, Tessa bites her lower lip and grins, offering quick wink in response. Her alluring 22 charisma smile beams broadly across her lip as she takes her hat off and holds it to her chest, letting her wavy red hair spill out everywhere. "Under-stood. Thank you again, we'll be talking again, I hope."

She then yawns and bids everyone goodnight, exhausted from the days events. "I'm turning in early. Hopefully I wake up on a different ship tomorrow. Are you coming Vi?" she says with her eyes closed, spinning in a circle looking for something which may or may not be a second look at Sandara.


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

At dinner, when Azadi is offered his rum ration he refuses and explains, ”my kind require fresh water, just an empty cup, please.” When he is told that it is not optional he protests, ”but if you withhold my ration our stores will last longer, or our officers can drink more... how are either of those bad options?”

When his point is met with threats of violence he begrudgingly accepts the cup. He carries it back to whatever passes for a table, sulking a bit.

why is this such a big deal... they’re not poisoning us again are they... that wouldn’t make any sense, why poison your crew... unless it’s something to put us to sleep, again, that would limit trouble at night... I wonder if I can clean this enough to turn it into water...

The now grumpy sailor sits staring intently at his cup and stirring it with his finger for half a minute or so before finally chugging it. Then he promptly refills the cup with fresh water and starts drinking that.

I’m going to use basic hydrokinesis to purify my drink (it works like the purify food and drink spell), but I’m not sure what effect that will have on the rum ration? I drink it either way, so if I’m not able to sufficiently cleanse it, is there a fort save to avoid or reduce the Con damage?


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

Ok, good-news, bad-news

Good news. purify food and drink will negate the effects of the rum. In other good news, for those that drink it, there is a save involved. It's even an easy one. DC 5 Fortitude save. In the bad news department, that save isn't to avoid effects. That save is to avoid addiction to the foul stuff.


Female Human Bard 2 |HP: 12/13 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F:+0, R:+5, W:+4 | Init: +2 | DD +8, Dip +10, Knw A +9, Perc +6, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +9, Spcft +6, UMD +8, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Performance 6/10 | Active conditions: |
GM Itzi wrote:

As Harmony sets about to attempt to clean his kitchen, Ambrose looks on in amazement. As the woman begins to actually make headway against the filth, he laughs.

"Yer a piece, no doubt abou' that," he says as he extends his hand in a formal greeting. "Ambrose Kroop," he says, introducing himself official. His expectation is clear.

"Vi. Short for Violet." She responds, taking the hand in her best impression of a firm shake. "I'm looking forward to working with you...?" She finishes the sentence off with a wry grin to lift it into comedy and gestures around. "So, I'll keep the place tidy and you cook. What else goes on around here? Do we have other jobs or is this a full time gig?"

-----------------------------
Harmony gives the woman a polite nod in response as the woman produces some of their gear. She notes with interest the spellbook and makes a mental note about the bad tempered young woman who keeps looking down (up) her nose at her. 'Wizard. Probably untidy.'

Once Tessa starts practically drolling over the new woman Harmony gives her an elbow in the ribs. "Sorry about her Sandara, she has the manners of a barn animal after a drink. I'm Vi, short for Violet."

-------------------------------
As the conversations start up Harmony, catching the hang-dog expressions of many of the crew, clears her throat and launches into a rather rude song about a prostitute in Oppara and her improbable collection of lovers.

Perform: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

The crew takes to the song, laughing, hollering and occasionally offering ribald suggestions of their own, which Harmony weaves into the song with missing a beat.

Once the prostitute has finally dealt with the noble, the dwarf maid, the fly and the narwahl all in her bed Harmony takes a bow.

"Thank you, thank you. I'll be here until Fishguts poisons me with his stew!" She shoots her new friend a wink and retreats back to the group, her goal accomplished.


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

”Hi, I’m Azadi,” the Undine sailor answers as he shakes the new redhead’s hand, ”thanks for looking out for us.” His eyes go wide when she and Tessa get into each other personal space and start whispering to each other.

gods... I’d love to be the meat in that sandwich... don’t be a creep, they might not even like men...

”Sorry,” he mutters, seemingly out of nowhere, then realizing what he just did he continues, ”uh, that is, sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to warn everyone that they’ll force you to take your rum ration, whether you want it or not... I’m worried it may be poisoned to make us sleep or something, but I can purify it, so if anyone else is worried let me know and I’ll purify yours too.”

As the singing and dancing start he slips below deck to poke around a bit.
I’ll take the sneak action to look around... I don’t really have anywhere in particular I want to search, can I maybe just look around and see if there’s any groups of people that have hidden away for secret conversations or whatever?
stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Well, nevermind


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map
Harmony Mai d'Valois wrote:
"Vi. Short for Violet." She responds, taking the hand in her best impression of a firm shake. "I'm looking forward to working with you...?" She finishes the sentence off with a wry grin to lift it into comedy and gestures around. "So, I'll keep the place tidy and you cook. What else goes on around here? Do we have other jobs or is this a full time gig?"

GM Die Rolls:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

"That's a mite pretty peeper ya got there. I don't mind changelings, long as you don't try to eat me while'n I'm sleepin'." the man says with a laugh. "Yeah, we cook and catch more to cook."

~~~~~~~

"Azadi," Sandara repeats back. "Nice to meet ya." she gestures towards her own hair. "Love the hair, by the way. I'd take that over this."

Azadi, failing your Stealth check by more than 4 results in discipline based on where you were sneaking. Since you didn't specify a location and only failed by 4, nothing bad will happen.

Once I get Night Actions from Polli and Donomsail, I'll move through the night and on to the next day. Unless, of course, anyone wants to attempt more Night Actions. :)


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Tessa will attempt to make a pleasant dreams of Sandara check during the night action phase.


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Martial Flexibility 3/3 | Active Conditions: None | Appearance

Marisan will offer prayers to Desna to assist Tessa. :)


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

”Thanks,” Azadi replies to Sandara with a silly grin, ”I think your hair’s really nice the way it is though... oh, and that offer goes for you too- if you want your grog purified just sit with me at mealtime...”

no, one failed night check is plenty for me, thanks.


Female Human Bard 2 |HP: 12/13 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F:+0, R:+5, W:+4 | Init: +2 | DD +8, Dip +10, Knw A +9, Perc +6, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +9, Spcft +6, UMD +8, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Performance 6/10 | Active conditions: |
GM Itzi wrote:
"That's a mite pretty peeper ya got there. I don't mind changelings, long as you don't try to eat me while'n I'm sleepin'." the man says with a laugh. "Yeah, we cook and catch more to cook."

"My mother was the changeling." Harmony replies. "I'm human. Just got the eyes, there was magic involved when I was born - so that's why I got the eye. Don't worry, I won't be eating you. Not unless we run really short on food!"

Do I need to keep influencing Fishguts or is it a one-time thing?


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Alright now, that's enough hair talk from you lover boy. Don't make me come up there Azadi.


Female
spells:
Orisons Detect Magic Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Barbed Chains Blessed Fist Divine Favor
Tiefling Cleric/1 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 20/20 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -1 Will +7 BAB 1 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

Donomsail walks over to where Azadi and Sandara are standing. "Donomsail Lishoni, I too wanted to be on a boat sometimes the wind Gozreh blows to sets ya on your way blows ya past a middenheap and other times it takes ya past a noble's kitchen. Either way you're on tha trail isn't that the most important thing to take in?" She looks over the items that Sandara is holding onto and realizes that it doesn't bother her to not see her weapons "Don't make no matter to me, never was a big fan o' those stabby things anyways, suppose I could fashion any ol' bit o' wood into a sling."
She looks at her mug of grog and takes a cautious sniff. Not smelling anything to obvious she will quaff it down.
con damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
After the evenings festivities are over she will go to her sleeping area with one last look and a shudder at the dead pirate. Torn between making sure she wakes up early enough to set her spells and wanting to send the dead pirate back to She Who Guides the Wind and Waves she decides to try and sneak up to push the body overboard and say a few words.
If the body is already gone she will stand at the rail and say a few words still.
stealth: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (14) - 9 = 5
Did not realize her stealth was -9 when I started this move, would love to take it back but she is who she is and this is what she'd do "consequences schmonsequences". Sometimes you just got to take your lumps


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

I said I was waiting on a Night Action from Polli, but she actually said that she was going to bed to remove the fatigued condition so we should be good to go.

Azadi Freeman wrote:
"Thanks," Azadi replies to Sandara with a silly grin, "I think your hair's really nice the way it is though... oh, and that offer goes for you too- if you want your grog purified just sit with me at mealtime..."

"Oh, that's ok," Sandara says with a smile. "It's one of the few pleasures of being on ship." She drains out her mug as if to prove a point.

"See you all in the morning," she says as she wanders off to chat with some of the others.

Harmony Mai d'Valois wrote:
Do I need to keep influencing Fishguts or is it a one-time thing?

Any given individual can only be Influenced once per day. Ambrose is now 'Friendly'. One more success and he'll be 'Helpful' which is the maximum. The various NPCs start out at varying levels - what level each one is, you'll have to interact with them to determine. However, I'll let you guess what your standing is with Mister Plugg or Master Scourge. :) :)

Donomsail spends a few moments saying words of absolution at the rail where they threw over Jakes' body.

The body went overboard right after bringing him up on deck.

Everyone heads below-decks to prepare your beds and turn in. You're each assigned a hammock spot and a locker (with a poor lock) to store your personal affects.

Aretta Bansion (the woman with the big ears) blows Tessa another kiss. "You can sleep with me, White Ass," she calls out. "I'll keep you warm." There's some rude chuckling, but no other abuse.

The rest of the night passes uneventfully.

10th of Gozran - Day 2

You're awakened by the chime of the ship's bell and gather yourself for another day of glorious piracy.

Once you've got your gear and head towards the stairs leading up, you notice that there are four people standing between you and the stairs - Aretta Bansion, Fipps Chumlett, Jaundiced Jape, and Slippery Syl Lonegan. They seem like they're waiting for you. The others on the stair pause and look back.

"In a hurry?" Aretta says with a laugh as she gives Tessa a push in the chest.

You don't see any weapons on the four people.

~~~~~~~

I also should be clearer on when you'll need to use Stealth. For the most part you've got the run of the ship and no one will question you being most places so you won't need to use Stealth unless you're doing something that someone would object to. There are some places that are exceptions. The Captain's Cabin is off limits. Lurking in the Officer's Quarters (you need to pass through there to go below decks). The Quartermaster's Store. The Cook/Quartermaster's quarters. All of those will require Stealth.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Sylph Wizard 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 13, T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 14 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +3: Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) | Portrait

"Yes, 'in a hurry', you bulbous rectum, and if you cost us just one single moment of our glorious time here on the Whatever The Hell This Ship is called, I will electrocute your testicles when you sleep, making them Swell And POP! You feeble Ass." casting her jolt spell letting the bright spark dance into the nearest nail in a post.

intimidation: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Polli is of course behind several of the others

"that is a man, isn't it?" she whispers to the person in front of her, spoiling some of the effect, pushing her glasses up higher and squinting.


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Martial Flexibility 3/3 | Active Conditions: None | Appearance

"Or I could just kick you in the face," Marisan adds.

Initmidate, Assist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Female Human Bard 2 |HP: 12/13 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F:+0, R:+5, W:+4 | Init: +2 | DD +8, Dip +10, Knw A +9, Perc +6, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +9, Spcft +6, UMD +8, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Performance 6/10 | Active conditions: |

"You know all that a fight will cause is trouble." Harmony points out, going for reasonable. "I don't want Mister Plugg or Master Scourge coming down here to see what's going on, and I'm sure you don't either."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 23


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

The smile fades just a little from Aretta's face, but doesn't vanish entirely. "Show's what a stupid c&+# you are. I'm a woman, moron." There's some chuckling from some of her cohorts, but she turns to glare at them and the chuckling stops.

"You already got a fat lip," she says, turning back to sneer at Polli. "Maybe I gives you a black eye to go with it? And ... and maybe I'll just kick you back." The last part she addresses to Marisan.

In spite of Harmony's reasonable argument, it seems that reason is not the order of the day.

GM Die Rolls:

Azadi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Donomsail: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Harmony: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Marisan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Polli: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Tessa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Pirates: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Round 1

Everyone is up before the other sailors.


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Tessa grunts loudly when abruptly shoved in the chest by Aretta. Staggering back a half step she listens to her new companions behind her offer a mixture of threats and calming actions when Tessa decides on her own course of action. She clenches her fists, knuckles popping before taking a deep breath and steping back beside Harmony.

With controlled rage inside of her, she smiles outwardly and opens her arms wide "Exactly. This scuffle isn't work the cat, now is it? Let's all get up on deck before someone gets keelhauled."

I'm going to break their nose.

Unfortunately, the diplomatic approach appears to be out this morning.

Quickly pulling her newly recovered rapier from her side, she steps up in the front and smacks Aretta's with her blade across the back of her head in a way meant only to bruise and not injure. "You do not get to talk to her like that, I'm afraid. I'd advise turning around and getting your ass up those stairs, immediately."

Rapier, NL: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rapier, NL, Confirm: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Human Bard 2 |HP: 12/13 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: 1, CMD: 13 | F:+0, R:+5, W:+4 | Init: +2 | DD +8, Dip +10, Knw A +9, Perc +6, Perf C/O [+Blf/Itm]: +9, Spcft +6, UMD +8, | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Performance 6/10 | Active conditions: |

Harmony, very quietly, says something thoroughly undiplomatic, and keeps her eye on the ladder in case someone turns up to make a mess of the whole clusterduck.


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

round 1
While Tessa brains Aretta, Azadi steps to the side and blasts whichever unfortunate scoundrel he happens to have a clear shot at with a bolt of freezing water...
ranged touch (PB): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, for: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (cold)

...but in the heat of the moment he misses and the the blast crystallizes on the ladder-like staircase.


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

With a quick thrust of Tessa's rapier's basket, Aretta goes down like a sack of potatoes.

Three left.


Female Sylph Wizard 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 13, T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 14 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +3: Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) | Portrait

Polli swears loudly in dwarven, then quickly chants out a spell. Hitting all the bad smelly pirates she can, no matter their questionable genders, with a sleep spell.

dc15


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

GM Die Rolls:

Fipps Chumlett: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Jaundiced Jape: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Slippery Syl Lonegan: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

When Polli completes her spell, both Fipps and Slippery Syl drop to the deck, leaving Jaundiced Jape standing alone.

Marisan and Donomsail still have actions.


Female
spells:
Orisons Detect Magic Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Barbed Chains Blessed Fist Divine Favor
Tiefling Cleric/1 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 20/20 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -1 Will +7 BAB 1 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

Gaining the deck Domonsail sees that the day is starting off somehow just as she thought it would. With that she allows her inner self out and creates a small storm on Jaundiced Jape.

casting Storm Burst

ranged touch: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
nonlethal damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

In addition the character takes -2 penalty on att roles for 1 round.

Not sure if that^ happens with a whiff


Female CG Human (Mwangi) Brawler (Battle Dancer) 2 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 18 (10 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0  | Speed 30 ft. | Martial Flexibility 3/3 | Active Conditions: None | Appearance

Marisan strides forward and kicks at Jaundiced Jape.

Kick, PA: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

Jaundiced Jake pulls back from Marisan's telegraphed kick and then looks down at his three partners in crime lying on the floor. Without another word, he turns and races away and up the stairs.

The onlookers following close behind him, no one wanting to be late for morning call.

Combat Over!

Checking the unconscious sailors for valuables or heading right upstairs?


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

We better hurry,” Azadi offers as he crouches next to Aretta and quickly checks her over, ”we don’t want to be late getting to the deck...”

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Tessa puts her rapier away and steps on Aretta's unconscious body before turning and offering a hand to her companions. "We don't want to be late, shall we?"


Female Sylph Wizard 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 13, T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 14 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +3: Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) | Portrait

"No cause that would just be horrible. Being late to forced servitude is a social No No." Polli mutters.


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Tessa nods to Polli "One point for the short elf."


Female
spells:
Orisons Detect Magic Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Barbed Chains Blessed Fist Divine Favor
Tiefling Cleric/1 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 20/20 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -1 Will +7 BAB 1 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

"Mayhap next time I push the hood back at least a little." Torn between wanting to check over the bodies and not wanting to be late Donomsail will leave the unconscious ones where they are. "Wouldn't want to have to explain how their things ended up in my possession anyways." She seems completely unaware that she is voicing her thoughts out loud as she says this.


Female Sylph Wizard 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 13, T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 14 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +3: Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) | Portrait

"I Am NOT an ELF!" the pointed eared woman snaps.


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Tessa scratches head head and clarifies "Beardless dwarf with pointy ears?" She holds out her hand to stop Polli "Wait. Tell me your surname, I'll be able to guess with that."


Female Sylph Wizard 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 13, T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 14 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +3: Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) | Portrait

Polli sighs, since the ginger with the sword is in her way, "My surname is Bog, from my human father, so that won't help one bit. If you insist, I am a Sylph. If that means anything to you. Now please can we go up and be tortured with whips and ugly might be men?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

Groping the woman's unconscious form reveals a sap and nothing else.

~~~~

Arriving on deck, you find the other sailors all gathered on deck as Master Scourge is calling out roll. He pauses and narrows his eyes as you join the others, but doesn't comment. When his call reveals that there are three missing, he sends three other swabs below-decks to find them.

A few minutes later they reappear with the two that Polli's spell affected awake and carrying Aretta - still unconscious - between their shoulders.

"That's three lashes for the three of you for bein' late!" Scourge snarls at the three latecomers. He turns and glares at you before gesturing towards another pirate who grabs a nearby bucket and douses Aretta with cold water. She sputters to awareness and looks around in confusion. When her eyes rest on Tessa, the swashbuckler can feel the enmity in the woman.

"Now get to work!" he shouts out to everyone.

GM Rolls:

Kroop - Sobriety: 1d2 ⇒ 1
Azadi - Rigger - Daily Job: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Harmony - Cooks Mate - Daily Job: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Tessa - Swab - Daily Job: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Polli - Swab - Daily Job: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Donomsail - Swab - Daily Job: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Marisan - Swab - Daily Job: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Azadi
Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up. Requires DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10 Perception check.

Harmony
Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day’s meal. Arriving at the galley, you find Kroop drunk and unconscious. He'll be no help today. This requires a DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check.

Tessa
Swab the Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones. Requires a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Polli
Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another. Requires a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Donomsail
Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except officers’ cabins. Requires a DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check. Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being
fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat automatically succeeds at this task.

Marisan
Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges. Requires a DC 12 Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

~~~~~~~~

Also remember to select a Ship's Day Action. And at least one of them gives a bonus on your check.


Female Sylph Wizard 2 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 13, T:13, FF:10 | CMD: 14 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +3: Will: +3 | Init: +3 | Perception: 0(-2) | Portrait

doesn't matter, both are poop, but working hard at it!!: 1d20 + 0 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 0 + 4 = 12

"ropes... I studied anatomy for years, I studied arcane mysteries for even more and what I am I'm doing?? F@$$ING with F%&@ING ROPES!!" Pollo seethes (mostly) to herself.

Daily activity is working diligently at untying ropes :)

constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 sigh...


Female Human Swashbuckler 2 | HP: 19/19 | AC: 18, T:14, FF:14 | CMD: 15 | CMB: +1| Fort: +1 | Ref: +7: Will: -1*/+4 | Init: +6 | Perception: +5 | Panache: 3

Tessa winks her left eye at Aretta and blows her a kiss. With that amazing start to the day, Tessa grabs the mop and uses it as a dance and fencing partner, gliding across the deck with relative ease and making the decks shine like they haven't been in a long time.

Str: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Female
spells:
Orisons Detect Magic Resistance Stabilize 1st Obscuring Mist (Domain) Barbed Chains Blessed Fist Divine Favor
Tiefling Cleric/1 S -2 D -1 C +3 I +0 W +4 Ch +2 HP 20/20 AC 10 Fort +6 Ref -1 Will +7 BAB 1 Percept +2 Init -1 Darkvision 60'

acrobatics: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (9) - 9 = 0
constitution: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Having the ability to move around the ship she will use whatever chance she has to snoop around the crews quarters she attempts to find any indication of where they might be heading.
performing the sneak action

stealth: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (14) - 9 = 5


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

I’ll take the influence action...
Climb (take 10)= 15
Perception (take 10)= 17

Azadi quickly scurries up into the crows nest. He smiles as the ship gently rocks far below him and enjoys the relative peace he finds so far removed from the drama below. Every hour or so he conjures some water above his head, drinking what he can manage to catch in his mouth and letting the rest run down through his hair to cool him off in the afternoon sun.

Spotting an unfamiliar woman (”Barefoot” Samms) in the rigging nearby, he strikes up a conversation about how nice it is to smell the sea, and how at this height it’s easy to forgot we’ve been pressed into service. He shares his name freely and when he learns hers he offers to douse her in fresh water too, if she wants.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

Samms shifts around in the ropes as Azadi calls out a greeting.

"Yeah," she says with a long drawl. "It don't look so much like a s%~~bucket from up here." She looks out over the sea and then back up to Azadi. At the offer of fresh water, she turns her face up to the sky to enjoy the cold, wet offering. The heat up here in the sun makes something like that a great pleasure.

"How long you wager will survive until those a**$~*~s drag us under the boat?"

That was a success and she's now friendly!


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

huzzah, I made a friend!

You’re worried about keelhauling?” Azadi asks with surprise, ”you seem to be getting along without any troubles, I figured you’d been around for a while. Were you ‘conscripted’ with sleeping poison too?”


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

"Naah," Samms says in reply as she moves around to the other side of the mast and begins adjusting some of the ropes there. "I was addled enough to sign on willingly. I was just a stupid girl and thought I would see the world this way."

She makes a show of scanning the horizon.

"From here it all looks wet and wavy," she says with a laugh.

Her smile fades. "It's only a matter of time, though before I do something that pisses off the wrong person and down I go." She looks down at the deck and points out Sandara. "I don't hold much hope for your red-headed friend." She rolls her eyes. "To be specific - that red-headed friend. She turned Scourge down on her second day. I'm surprised that she's still warm and walking."


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

”That’s not great,” Azadi says with a frown. ”Scourge seems like the worst type of man... why would the captain put him in charge of anything?”


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

"Because like Plugg, he's ruthless enough to do whatever the cap'n needs doin'. Although, unlike Plugg, Scourge is a coward at heart."

She raises an eyebrow at Azadi.

"Don't think for a minute, though, that he won't nail your balls to the deck if he's so inclined. If he's got muscle behind him, he wouldn't hesitate an instant."


Undine, Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | AC 17 (t12/ff16) | CMD 13 | F +7, R +5, W+2 | perception (darkvision 60’) +8 | +2 initiative | active effects: —

”Does he?” the Undine asks tentatively.

”Have muscle behind him, I mean. That doesn’t sound like the kind of guy a crew would want to follow... aside from a few nasty opportunists, I guess.”

He stares off at the horizon for a moment and then continues, ”but what would I know, I don’t even know what kind of ship this is... are they... or, are we slavers?”


The Wyrmwood | Wyrmwood Crew | Current Map

"No, taking slaves is a chancy business. You've got to feed 'em and find a place to sell 'em," she says with a shrug. "We're heading to one of the shipping lanes to find a nice fat merchant ship. They'll most likely start training you on boarding actions soon."

Simms sees that that gains the undine's attention. "Don't worry. It's a lot like this. Do what they tell you. Keep yer head down. And don't volunteer."

101 to 150 of 883 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Itzi's Skull and Shackles - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.