SUPER RUNELORDS

Game Master Arrannai

Maps | Loot


101 to 150 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Will v. Daze: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Will v. Evil Eye: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Filona's spell doesn't seem to take effect, though the effects of Verona's gaze do.

Kano rushes into the fray, charging up to a goblin and smashing it to bits before it even knows she is there.
Goblin 2 is dead!

Perri charges on up to a goblin and swings his battleaxe, barely landing a hit with the opening that Verona's gaze opened.
Goblin 3 takes 3 slashing damage.

Sonas's first shot finishes off the goblin that Perri hit and his second flies past and sinks into the dog-riders shoulder.
Goblin 3 is dead! Commando takes 5 piercing damage.

@Kano you are no longer fatigued. It has been probably about 5-10 minutes since the last combat.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Seeing goblins still up, Daiki followed the rest of the party and made his way into the fray.

Charge on #1

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

-2 AC til next turn


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6 they're all flat-footed before they act :)

Daiki charges in and in one motion draws his blade and removes the last minor goblin's head, killing it before it ever saw him.
Goblin 1 is dead!

Die, Dog, Die!—Round One

Commando:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The last remaining goblin turns to see all of their companions felled, and with a battlecry directs its mount to take a step back so that it may swing its horsechopper at Daiki. It lands, dealing a nasty looking slice on the man's leg.
Daiki takes 6 slashing damage.

Initiative Order
→Sonas
Goblin Commando (-5 HP)
→Kano
→Perri
→Daiki (-6 HP)
→Verona
→Filona

Everyone is up!

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Did the rider roll save vs. my Daze?

Filona, hoping to be in a good spot to cast her spell, moves forward, but staying behind Kano's reassuring big hammer.

Double move to stay behind Kano. Can't move and cast color spray without hitting Daiki. =/


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Coming up from the blow, Kano sets her sight on the mounted goblin, readying herself to charge at him; but something stops her as she feels the something move next to her leg. Seeing the little gnome stand next to her again, she looks down, ”Stay close Little Bird, I will protect you.”

Screaming, she moves next to the mounted goblin and attacks with her hammer.

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13


Free Action: Rage
Move Action: 15 feet of movement
Standard Action: Attack


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas steps up a little bit closer and fires an arrow at the goblin riding the strange dog.

Single Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d6 ⇒ 1

"Protect the dog's owner himself!" He shouts at the others as he fires his arrow.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Taking the goblin head with a clean stroke, Daiki snapped his blade to relieve it of excess blood and turned around to face the mounted goblin, only to be met head-on with the crude blade of the enemy catching his leg. He stumbled as blood sprayed out, letting out a small grunt of pain. As he caught his breath, Kano the mountain rushed past him at the goblin, swinging her hammer ferociously. Mover of mountains, indeed. This presented a good opportunity to move around behind the enemy to a better a position; so that's what he did, stepping carefully to not put too much pressure on his injury. Circling around the left of the horse, he stabbed at the back of the mounted foe.

My movement assumes Kano went straight east to the mounted goblin.
Move to flank 10 ft S, 5 ft SE, 5 ft E, 10 ft NE
Standard: Single attack with wakizashi

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22
Crit Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Somehow, I knew I would roll a 1 on that crit die. Damn leg injury. Also, @Filona, it seems like the rider save against Daze was done in the earlier GM post.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Moving up to the mounted goblin, Perri considers denouncing it as an agent of evil, but doubts it will live long enough to hear him, so he simply swings his axe instead. Slashing through the air near the goblin, but not really scaring it any . . ..

Battleaxe w/ TS: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 2 = 9
Slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

With that kind of die roll, I don't think the penalty for the tower shield can ever be relevant.

Yes, I was considering activating his Bastion of Good ability. But I seriously don't think this fight is going to last that much longer.

Edit: bsed on the above descriptions, i moved both Fiona and
Kanontienentha. I honestly don't know if Sonas moved or not, so I didn't touch him.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

I moved myself as I always do Perri, but thanks for asking ;)


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Even amidst a hurdled flash of movement and clashing blades, Verona spots the ugly rend that is now on Daiki's leg. Her instincts kicking in, she rushes to his side to heal him.

Double Move Action: Getting Verona in a close enough position behind Perri so she can heal Daiki next round. If there even is a next round, of course. :)


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Kano AoO: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 23
Kano AoO Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13

Sonas lands a shot on the goblin rider, and in that opening, Daiki slashes across the creature's back, killing it. The strange dog under it tries to dash off after the cowering man, but Kano reflexively lashes out with her earthbreaker and stops the beast in its tracks.

Die, Dog, Die!—End

Things in town have grown rather quiet, and whatever goblins that remain are likely captive and in the custody of the town guard. The man that was previously cowering behind the barrels stands up, looks around to make sure it is safe, and brushes himself off before approaching the group. He is a rather tall man with black hair in a low-ponytail. He wears a blue coat with golden buttons and intricately-tooled leather on the arms.

"I thank you for saving me," he says on his approach, stopping before the melee combatants and dropping into an elaborate bow. As he rises, his hawkish eyes fix on Kano. "I am Aldern Foxglove, owner of the Foxglove estate and manor between here and Magnimar. Who might you be, fair lady of the Quah?"


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano eyes the well dressed man apprehensively, before his mention of the Quah. Once he does her grimace relaxes.

”You are familiar with my people, although not familiar enough to know that no Quah would want to be called fair. Be received Aldern Foxglove. I am Kanotienentha, She Who Pushes Mountains. If your tongue is lazy, Kano will do. These are my new friends,”she gestures towards the rest of the group remaining silent a moment for them introduce themselves.

Once introductions are done she continues, pointing at the dead dog ”My spirit cries for your friend. I am sorry. He must be connected to the ground where he passed if you want him to move on to the afterlife.” and the large woman begins digging a grave out of the ground in which to bury the dog.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona didn't pay Aldern Foxgolve much mind as her hands and eyes were far to focused on Daiki's bleeding legs. The gash there was severe but not life-threatening if treatment was made quickly. Steeling yourself, the healer looked directly at the ninja as she made her diagnosis. "I can treat your injury. Ze laceration is deep, yes, but zere's isn't any excessive bleeding from a pierced artery nor signs of poisonous contaminates." With that said, Verona lightly touched the wound and mentally focused the arcane energies needed to re-knit that which had been violently torn.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Daiki is back to full hp and I can't heal him again for next 24 hours.

Her work done, Verona turned to Forglove. Not being well-versed in social niceties, Verona gave the man only an awkward passing glance as she told him her name. "I am Verona. Verona of the Woods. I vork vith Hannah Velerin."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas jogs out to the rest, waving Filona along as she is the last one of the group. "Come on. Let's introduce ourselves."

The brown-haired halfling comes up to the man and speaks up:"Greetings sir, I am Sonas Adhello, I come from the Sunthread Caravan that travels these lands. I am most terribly sorry for your dog. Wish we could have been here sooner."

Sonas says as he glances quickly over between Kano, aldern himself and the dog. His ears perk a bit up as he ties to listen for any more goblin sounds or songs.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona relaxed as the combat finishes. Kano's words gave her much to think about, but she remained motionless until Sonas' words woke her from her stupor and she moved closer and simply said "I'm Filona. Hi!", before starting to unskillfully help Kano dig a grave for the dog.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Aldern replies to Kano's words with much less confidence in his voice than before. "Ah, yes, my apologies," he says before gesturing to the hound. "I thank you for attending to the poor beast. 'Twas my favored hunting hound, you see. Saved me one last time, it seems."

As the rest of the group fills into the area, Aldern seems to take particular notice of Verona, watching her take care of Daiki without any sense of courtly manner. Ameiko Kaijitsu approaches, a blood-slick rapier in her hand, and gives Aldern an admonishing glare. "She's a young woman, not a cut of beef, you know," she says to him. Without waiting for a response (the only one that he gives is a shocked expression and a shift in gaze down to his own hands), Ameiko turns to the group to speak. "Its a great thing you did for us today, you six. I know I sure appreciate it and I'm sure you won't hear the end of it from the townsfolk. You're all free to come stay at my inn, the Rusty Dragon, for good food, good ale, and great beds. I know some of you are already there, and don't worry, I'll clear your tab." She then turns to Perri in specific. "Always knew you'd turn out to be the right sort, ever since we were kids. Thanks Perri."


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Although Verona could not quite see it due to the mask, Daiki's eyes widened as the wood witch's magic re-knit his injury. She could, however, feel his sharp intake of breath. Daiki was not a stranger to magical healing, especially considering that the Father had healed them all with a powerful burst earlier. But there was a certain level of fascination with the process. No, perhaps fascination was not the right word, for there was a slight apprehension that hadn't really come out before with Father Zantus' healing burst. Still, it was a good and useful resource, and Daiki was not one to pass those up.

"So no goblin pox or anything. That's a relief." Standing up, he tested out the leg. Putting pressure on it, hopping back and forth, and even testing out a few kicks and jumps. It was as good as if nothing had ever happened. Facing Verona, Daiki gave a deep bow. "Your abilities are remarkable. I am glad you came with us, who knows what would have happened to this leg of mine otherwise. Thank you for your aid."

Turning then to Aldern Foxglove, he gave a slight bow of the head in acknowledgement. "I am Yamatori Daiki. It seems you are unhurt, though I am sorry for the loss of your companion. May the kami of your land guide his soul to peace." It was pleasant niceties, although he did not like the way Aldern eyed Verona. Sure, one time in his life he might have done the same. But he had learned a bit about station and role, and it was definitely not proper for someone like this Mr. Foxglove. Before he did or said anything else though, Ameiko came by and gave a tongue lashing herself. Smiling at the fellow Tian-Min he gave her a bow as well. "おもてなしに感謝します。" he said, in his native tongue. Although he was unsure if Ameiko actually spoke fluent Tien, it still felt good to speak it again. "Is there anyone or anywhere else in need of assistance that you know of? If not, I would much like to make my way to the inn. All this fighting has given me quite an appetite."

Daiki said: We appreciate your hospitality, thank you.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona noticed Aldern's look, but had trained herself to ignore such behavior. But she couldn't help but smile when Ameiko spoke out. Suddenly realizing how tired she was, she said a little louder than she intended "I could have some beer and bread with some cheese and ham!". Her smile widened.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona may not have been the most socially adept, but even she could recognize that Aldern was leering at her. She had become quite familiar with such leers back in Ustalav where male villagers would typically either look at her with either suspicion or... that.

Verona promptly turned her back to Aldern as if he wasn't there to begin with. Suddenly wanting to think about anything else, the healer started to describe the gross effects of goblin pox to Daiki. "No. You don't have goblin pox. If you did, I vould have veen vkin inflammation, greenness of the skin, and possibly the development of green blisters. You also vould have been vuffering from pruritus and zus be unbearably itchy," she says matter-of-factually, as if she was only making small talk.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Perri just shook his head while Foxglove tried to charm a woman who would break him, literally, if he moved without permission.

When Ameiko singles him out, he just shrugs. "Somebody had to do something. Doesn't seem we were alone in feeling that way." he says while pointing at her blade.

In response to Daiki, he stops and listens for a moment. "Don't think I hear anything else, but we can walk through the town real quick to double check. Probably a good idea."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas stifles a chuckle as Ameiko scolds Aldern Foxglove on his behaviour towards Verona. Seems he cares more for female beauty than his dog. You could always admire a woman and her beauty, but it's not the only thing that counts.

Then he smiles from ear to ear as Ameiko Kaijitsu mentions the group has done great work today.

"Aww shucks. We've done nothing that is out of the ordinary to defend a community you're a part of. Even though we're just visitors at the moment.", Sonas says with a slight blush creeping unto his cheeks.
"But I'm happy to take up your offer for a celebratory lunch or dinner."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano was completely oblivious to Aldern’s subtext. Having lived her whole life in the Cinderlands, the flirtations of civilized men flew way over her head.

After burying the dog offers up a short prayer, taking a knee and putting one hand on the mound, she instructs Filona to do the same. ”Only for a short while have you loaned us to each other. We find the life of all in the life of the others. Guard this creature of earth as it moves to its next life.”

A moment of silence passes over, before Kano pats the ground stands up, and helps Filona up. ”Thank you.” she says solemnly but sincerely.

As the mention of ale and food leaves Ameiko’s lips, Kano’s smile widens, ”We can certainly walk around town and make sure that nothing else is a miss, but only if we go to the Rusty Dragon immediately after. Only thing better than sharing battle with someone is to share a feast. Let us ride!” before waiting the rest of the group to either begin patrolling the town or move to the Rusty Dragon.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

"ご協力ありがとうございました" Ameiko says in reply to Daiki. He can tell she rarely speaks the language, but she knows it at the very least. Ameiko gives an informal salute with the index finger of her right hand and begins to head back to her inn, Aldern in tow. "I'll see you there, farm town heroes!"

Tian-Min:

"thank you for your help"

The group does a quick patrol of the streets of Sandpoint. There were a few casualties among the townsfolk, and you find bodies being collected by Father Zantus to perform the proper obsequies back at the cathedral. Sheriff Belor Hemlock is collecting goblins that have been captured to attempt to question them. You see Daviren Hosk, owner of Goblin Squash Stables, cutting the ears off goblin corpses before tossing them in a wagon for disposal. His hatred of the local tribes is legendary among the townsfolk. Thankfully, it seems, you do not come across any more goblins that need slaying. As such, you go to the Rusty Dragon to retire for the evening.

A timid elderly halfling woman, one Bethana Corwin, greets you into the inn. The barmaid directs the six of you to a table and goes off to fetch mugs of ale on the house. Ameiko does not appear to be present at the bar, though those of you familiar with the location know that is likely because she is back in the kitchen. Aldern is nowhere to be seen in the inn, and none of you recognize the other folk around you (save for Perri, who knows that most of them are regulars who can't go a night without drink).

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona felt her eyes moisten with Kano's words about the dog. "Thank you for caring", she said in a low voice.

On the rounds around town, she made sure her friend Bilivar was alive and well. "Do you need anything?", she asked him.

Back at the inn, the gnome had a happy face on again. She greeted Bethana energetically and accepted the ale and drank in large gulps. She was very thirsty, it seemed.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

For those of you that have connections among the townsfolk, please go ahead and let me know if there is anyone you'd like to check up on before the night is up. Nothing plot-progressing will happen until the morrow. I'm functioning on some pretty hardcore sick brain, so apologies for any sequence-breaking.

Filona catches the lanky man as he is making his way to the Hagfish, and his initial response to her question is to scratch his head lazily and think on it. "No, no. I think I should be alright miss Fiorde," Bilivar says with a polite country accent. "Just gonna get some drinks with the other fellas down at the bar. Vorah's back home with the kids. Thank the gods everyone is safe and accounted for, I hear not everyone was so lucky."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

"Right!", Filona answered. "I'll play with the children before sleep, to shake the dreadful feeling off", she finished with a smile.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Perri will actually "wander" through town, slowly covering as much ground as possible, checking on EVERYONE, and congratulating them on how well they handled the goblin attack. Yes, he'll be looking for anyone missing or hurt, i case, but he can't even check on his own family until he leaves town to walk out to the farm, so he needs to focus where he is, first. THEN he'll go to the farm.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki nodded along to Verona's description of goblin-pox, trying not to indicate that he was trying quite hard to try to keep up with her accent. The others seemed not have too hard a time understanding her. He wondered how common this accent was in the area, and how long it would take to get used to hearing it. "Ah, that was quite...informative. I'll do my best to remember that, in case I run into the issue. Do you know what the cure is?"

As the group made their final patrol around Sandpoint before retiring to the inn, Daiki remembered the words of the woman that had approached him at the festival. What was her name again? Sabyl...something. He let his mind wander as his feet did, trying to remember. Eventually as they started approaching the House of Blue Stones, he did. Sabyl Sorn her name was, and from her words previously, he imagined that they were followers of Irori. Daiki doubted that they had had much trouble with the goblins, but he wanted to be sure.

"Excuse me a bit, I will meet you all back at the inn." he said to the group as he broke off to check up on Sabyl and anyone else that resided there.

Sorry for the long wait in posting, past couple days have been super busy.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

After vividly explaining to Daiki the symptoms of goblin pox and its most reliable curatives, Verona moved with the group as they searched for any more goblins that were in need of capture or slaying. Instead, Verona saw the bodies of Sandpoint's townsfolk. Some were merely injured, but others sadly had been killed. The healer made a prayer to the Lady of the Graves for the dead's easy passage to the Boneyard. Those lucky enough to still be live she went, healing them the best she could with either her magic or her remedies.

They were so many injured that eventually Verona had to tell the party that she'd have to meet them at the Rusty Dragon later lest they be delayed in their goblin search by her constant stopping. They understood completely and went on their way as Verona reminded. Verona kept at her healing for some time, eventually getting herself lost in the comforting repetitiveness of her task. Focusing on healing made it a lot easier to forget the memory of the goblins she helped kill or the Fozglove's leering.

Eventually, Verona's focus was broken by the sight of a familiar elf who was also healing the injured. Without even consciously thinking about it, Verona ran up to Hannah and embraced her in a tight hug, catching her by surprise before she realized who was holding her. Verona! Oh, thank Gozreh, you're alive. I was scared that you'd been-"

"I'm ok," she whispers into the elf's shoulder, tears starting to fall. "I vas worried, too. But you're alright."

"Yes," Hannah began, her voice raw and so very sad, "if only that was the case for everyone else. Oh, Verona look what they did to our town!"

"I-I know, I'm so sorry." Verona wasn't sure if she really did though. She had only been in Sandpoint for a short time. She didn't know the people of Sandpoint to the same level that Hannah did despite her heart going out for their loss.

They stayed like that for some time, but eventually their duty to others forced them both to continue to heal what remaining injured were still in need. When their task was finally finished, Verona said something to Hannah that she had been wanting to say for some time now. Hannah was surprised by the admission at first, but her eyes softened and she gave the changeling a light kiss on the cheek. After a whole lot of blushing and more talking, Verona finally made her way to the Rusty Dragon with an unusual rosy glow on her typically pale face.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Perri Perrun

For Perri this day is an especially somber occasion. He hears from the sheriff on passing that his family is gathered and accounted for. Having all come to the festival, they were here to witness the carnage of the goblin raid. Most of the casualties of the day were the elderly and those others that could not outrun goblin dogslicers. Somehow, as if by fate, Perri again finds himself running into Madame Mvashti as he patrols town. "You did good work today, boy," she says to him, giving a wide grin riddled with missing teeth. "Tell those that helped you that I'll give a free harrowing to any of the goblin slayers. I'd like to see where your destinies are headed." With that, she continues packing up the stall that she had out to do readings for the festival. Her aged daughter, Koya Mvashti, flashes the young man a smile and nod as he passes.

Yamatori Daiki

Daiki goes to the House of Blue Stones to check up on Sabyl Sorn. The stone building is primarily a single large chamber, the floor decorated with polished blue stones set within winding pathways of reed mats. As he enters, Sabyl appears to be practicing martial techniques, running through the forms as only one with many years of repetition could. Upon Daiki's arrival, Sabyl finishes the exercise that she is running through and gives the young man a slight bow. Observing her practice, no sign of sweat or exertion showing on her dark Osiriani skin, Daiki reevaluates thinking of her as a young woman. He now realizes she could be more than ten years older than him and he'd have no way of knowing.

"What you did in town today with the others was a great thing, you know," she says, motioning for Daiki to sit across from her on the mats. "Your form could use some work, though as one who is not often in combat I should not judge. What is it that brings you here? And, now that I think on it, I don't think I've caught you name."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas helps scout and scour the last areas of Sandpoint for anymore goblins and helps Father Zantus to collect the bodies of the deceased and helps him with the tasks of administering the last rites. Though Father Zantus has other priests and clergy helping him out with most of these tasks, the help is still appreciated.

At supper.
Around dinner time, Sonas rejoins the others for a mutual supper in The Rusty Dragon.

"Well that was quite the day indeed.", he tells the others as he catches his breath a bit from all the events today.
"Seems I've finally calmed down a bit. Bit of a ride over hill and dale if you ask me."

"Say. Anyone fancy going to the Sandpoint Theater with me? I've got a special invitation from Cyrdak to attend 'The Harpy's Curse', with the phenomenal Allishanda playing Avisera, the Harpy Queen. It might help us get our minds off of our situation from today."

The halfling offers everyone of the group that is there for dinner.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona accepted Sonas' invitation saying "I wouldn't mind some theater. I'm not a fighter. I need something to help me sleep tonight"


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Whether or not others made stops along their patrol, Kano, not knowing anybody in Sandpoint was one of the first to the Rusty Dragon to begin eating and drinking.

Kano eats with the vigor of someone who has not had a decently cooked meal in a few weeks. Although use to the modest eating habits of the Quah, she devours all food and drink placed in front of her.

”Sonas Adhello, I accept your offer and gladly join you at this theater. It has been nice to have friends again. One question though what is the theater?”


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

As the Varisian matron praises him, Perri looks simply embarrassed. "I didn't do anything but what the militia trains to do. Didn't do it well enough, either. We still have to mourn." He holds up a hand and makes that shushing wave, trying to prevent a response. "I will extend your offer. You honor them well, whether they understand that or not."

Will continue at the Rusty Dragon later. Posting from my phone in a waiting area.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona replied to Kano giggling. She said "Well, the theater is one of the most unique things in the world. In the theater, everything is possible. Imagine you could be anyone you like. That is the theater. Of course, there are those who do this very well and are known as actors and actresses. They portray other people in a story which is written beforehand and we see the story unfold as if we are the gods watching mortals. It is a delight, you'll see!" She was clearly excited and seemed to have forgotten the ordeal with the goblins.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki accepted the offer, sitting on the mat with hands on knees. "My name is Yamatori Daiki." he said, giving her a small bow from his seated position. "Your words are kind, and I appreciate them. Though I don't think it is any great thing to do what one thinks is right. But really, I just didn't want everything to burn down before I got a chance to see it." he said, amusement touching his voice at the last part. He paused for a moment then, taking in the view of the chamber. He had seen similar such dojos and training areas, but none as fancy as to have polished, colorful stones around. Its tended state, along with the expertise with which Sabyl executed her practice forms, showed that she truly cared deeply about her pursuit. Daiki had much respect for that. "As for why I'm here, it's because you proffered that invitation to me at the festival. I was in the area, and figured I would check up to make sure nothing had happened. Clearly, my worry was misplaced." he said, gesturing towards Sabyl sweat-less form. "But I am also interested in hearing more about you and your home here. Are there many here like you,also seeking perfection in their lives?"


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

The Rusty Dragon

Sonas's theater invitations are for the play tomorrow night (for the better considering how the day has gone), and as the party talks about the matter they're treated to plenty of food and drink on the house. Though the day has sobered significantly after the morning's festival and fire, the lives that were saved are certainly something worth drinking to.

Daiki

Sabyl's face is lit by a slight smile as she listens to Daiki's words. "I appreciate the worry," she says, taking a moment to look about the mostly featureless room. "As for the interest in this place, there isn't much to be said. I keep a library here that isn't really open to the public and I haven't had another to train with in earnest in about five years now." With a grimace, she looks down at the floor in front of herself for a moment before continuing to speak. "More than just Chopper's spree tore this poor town apart during the late unpleasantness, I'm afraid. Ameiko's mother, Atsuii Kaijitsu, tragically died after falling from their manors balcony to the rocks below. It was ruled as an accident, but her son was not convinced. Tsuto, her bastard from a tryst that Lonjiku had been bitter about for years, was, and probably still is, convinced that Lonjiku threw her off that balcony. The nobleman did not take it well, striking his step son with his cane and shipping him off to Magnimar."

Taking a moment to let that all sink in, she continues. "I tell you this because Tsuto was the last person around here to practice with me. The lad had more than a few anger issues, and I truly do worry what has become of him now that there isn't a guiding hand in his life."


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona hadn't much of anything since she arrived at the tavern. Her mind was still lost in a reverie of warm feelings and new tantalizing possibilities. It was only when Sonas and Filona started to speak of theaters that she perked up. "I've never been to a theater," she admits quietly, her voice half a whisper at the table. It became more animated when an idea came to her though. "If ve go can I bring my... friend as well? I think she'd enjoy such a thing."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona answered Verona with a succinct "Of course!"

As the day started to fade, Filona said "Farewell, friends. Thank the gods you were close to me today. If not sooner, I hope we see each other tomorrow night at the theater". She, then, went home to Bilivar's house. She played with the children, using her magic or telling some funny stories to help them sleep better. She hoped she would too.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Sorry, ended up not getting home until 1900. Since I was across town, wife asked me to go further out and pick up a treat for dinner. Took me 2 hours to cross town during rush hour to get home after I picked up her treat. I enjoyed the treat, but . . ..

Perri joins the others at the Rusty Dragon. Hopefully before Filona departs.

"You all seem well. I'm glad the day's events didn't hurt anyone here too badly, though we did have a few citizens lost to the goblin attack. You made quite the impression today. The matriarch of the town's Varisians, Madame Mvashti, wishes to read The Harrow for each of you. Having her ask to read your fortune is a very rare event, and a great honor. Normally people are begging her to let them pay to have her read their futures. Refusing her would insult the entire community." As he's talking, his eyes flit about the table, looking more at what they have then at the people at the table. "That looks good! Another one of those wok-cooked things she keeps bringing out now and again? What is it?"

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona was already standing up when Perri came in offering the fortune teller's services. Being a worldly worker, Filona did not care for fortune telling and thought Well, people get insulted anyway when I make funny noises with my native magic. She said to Perri "Well, thank you for protecting me", looking at Kano worried she wouldn't like it that she wasn't the only proclaimed protector by Filona. "But I must be going now. I have important work at home", she finished, not realizing how rude she was.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki nodded solemnly, hearing the history of the Kaijitsu family. "Losing your family is not easy. It can make people do things you would not dream of. We can only hope Tsuto, and Ameiko for that matter, are taking care of themselves. What happened to Lonjiku?" After Sabyl's response, he took a moment to reflect on his own journey here to Sandpoint. Perhaps this was a good place for him to start finding his own way again. "Well, I think I would enjoy training with you while I am here, if you would have me. One should always strive to improve themselves in some way. And honestly, the training and companionship would be welcome, having just arrived in town."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sorry guys, busy weekend. Else I would have replied earlier

Earlier when offering the invitation to the theater
Sonas slapped his forehead as he remembered that the performance would be the day after the Swallowtail Festival.
"Darn. I thought the theater was tonight. It's actually tomorrow evening. Well still a welcome distraction I would say."

Sonas looks to Kano and thinks of how to explain it properly.
"Well Kano, Who Pushes Mountains, a theater is a place where stories are told. Usually very old stories or very new ones of great battles, lost loved ones, or old myths and legends. The people who tell the story are called actors, they try to demonstrate the feelings and words of those mentioned in the stories. For instance, if your tribe would tell a story of a great leader or warrior they do so, probably, alone. In this case they have others who try to portray what your storyteller is telling you. I'm not sure if this was the best explanation..." Sonas chuckles slightly.

Later during dinner
As Perri talks about the local Varisians and Madame Mvashti wanting to read the Harrow for them, Perri has Sonas's undvided attention. Sonas is even leaving his stir-fried fish dish with rice untouched.

"Well, Perri wasn't it? I would love to have another harrow performed for me. Ol' Pietri on my caravan has once performed a Harrow on me when I was a child. He said the caravan would really be blessed with me around. Shame he died two years later though..." Sonas remarks as his mind seems to drift off a bit in his memories. "I do wonder what my fate is now I'm on my own."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano’s face contorts momentarily as she tries to comprehend what the two are saying.

”So it is like an elder telling the story of our people, but others are also telling the story as well? How confusing. Where I am from, it is a great disrespect to interrupt the elder when he is telling the story of our people. But you have intrigued me, I will gladly join you and see what this theater is about. I can not wait to hear the story of your people as well, Sonas Adhello and Filona.”

She continues to eat and drink and engage in conversation but puts her food down when Perri mentions the Harrow.

”This is a seer yes? One who reads your place in the great tapestry? Yes, quite an honor indeed. Where I am from, we have many people who have been blessed by the Great Weaver and given this ability, but rarely do they speak to a specific person. I would be blessed to join the rest of you when we go to this Madam Mvashti.”


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

In the pursuit of efficiency and interaction, I'm going to fast-forward to Daiki being at the The Rusty Dragon, but I'll continue the Sabyl conversation as it goes.

Arriving at the inn after the visit with Sabyl, Daiki found the rest of the goblin hunting group at a table, enjoying a host of delicious looking food and drink. He realized he was rather hungry himself, especially after the long day, and ordered a couple of the dishes he had tried before. Just as then, he elected to stay away from the more eccentric sounding dishes; after the events of the day, goblin brain cookies did not sound particularly appetizing.

When the food arrived, Daiki took his mask off and set it beside the plate on the table, giving the party their first real look at his face. As he ate, he listened to the conversation the table was having as it turned to the topic of the play. "You know," he said in an opening, putting his food down for a second. "I once had the opportunity to attend the show of a master storyteller. My colleague at the time insisted that I had to attend, and eventually I gave in. Honestly, I was not expecting much from the event. It was just one man, after all. Yet this storyteller played the part of multiple characters, by himself, and all while sitting down! The story itself was rather entertaining - a comedy, although I don't remember much except the laughter of the audience. I do seem to recall however that there was a point where a tree was growing out of a man's head! I walked out of that theater a new fan of plays, although it is as of yet still the only one I've been to. It would be interesting to attend one more traditional of the area."

At the mention of Harrowing, Daiki again put his food down. "Ah, a fortune teller! That is quite the offer. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see what they have to say. Although, I wonder, do they speak of mysteries of the past as well as the future?" he asked the last part almost too nonchalantly, as if trying to hide his true level of interest.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

All the table talk of Madame Mvashti and her Harrow readings set Verona on edge. Her adopted mother had been a Varisian herself, and Verona was accordingly inundated with tales of the prophetic power of Harrow readings. When Verona was a child she always wanted to have a reading herself. Learning of her hag mother though, and the nightmarish that future that would surely await her if she was ever captured by the hag, had chilled Verona on the prospect of having her future read. Best to leave such things to Pharasma and pray for the best she came to believe.

Alas, circumstances seemed to be against her. Though she may not have wished to have her future read, the others did, and with the recent goblin attack it seemed prudent to know something about their futures. After all, it looked as if fate had decided they would be champions of the town. Perhaps a reading would reveal the time or even reason for an upcoming goblin attack? There was only one way to be sure...

Verona cleared her throat and spoke up, her voice obviously nervous."I-I know of ze Harrow. It may do us all some good to be read, no? Pharasma seems to have fated us to defend zis town. Is it not possible that a reading of our future may also divine whether dangers may strike Vandpoint next?"


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

The young man shrugs. "The Harrow reveals what The Harrow reveals. I know she said she wanted to see our futures, so that's what she'll be looking for. I don't think she expects us to bother her tonight, though. We can see her tomorrow, I'm certain."


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Sorry for my absence, a mixture of getting ready to move and car trouble has been keeping me from posting at my usual frequency.

Daiki

"Lonjiku yet lives," Sabyl responds. "He likely will for some time to come, given his middling age and notable wealth. As for training, I would be glad to have you. If any of your companions want to train their bodies as well, please bring them along." With that she stands and give Daiki another bow, bidding him a good evening.

The Rusty Dragon

As the party discusses their newly earned opportunities the night begins to wind down and the Rusty Dragon's crowd grows rather thin. Rooms are readied for everyone who needs one and Ameiko does a last call before closing the bar. Everyone gets to their bed just fine, though whether or not they can sleep is up to their feelings about today's events.

Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Morning dawns on Sandpoint, and while the town will be long in recovering its people show their tenacity by keeping everything running as if they had not just been attacked the day before. Downstairs in the Rusty Dragon the only patrons are the ones that stayed there the night before. As is the norm, breakfast at the Rusty Dragon is mostly composed of rice, grilled fish and miso soup. Protein-heavy but light enough to not counteract the awoken state of the patrons, it is a popular hangover 'cure' for some of the dock workers (who've already come and gone by the time most of the party would be awake).

Ameiko makes a note to the first one of you to wake up and head downstairs that Sheriff Hemlock would like the party's help with something if they could find the time to come and see him today.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

After playing with Bilivar's children to help them sleep better, Filona went to bed herself, but couldn't sleep. The images of the dying dogs filled her mind. After that she remembered the screams. Although she hadn't rested very well, she got up determined in the morning. She got dressed, had breakfast with the family and started to leave wanting to know what had happened. She wanted to know how goblins could have broken through the towns defenses.

She went through her old stuff and blew the dust off her crossbow. Her father always insisted that she took it whenever she would be on the road, but until today she had never thought to want to be around it. Now it was strapped on her back. Just before she left, Bilivar said a kind word to her, the best way he could. "Hey, don't you be forgetting to help me fix old farmer Haye's cart later." Someone else wouldn't be cheered by this, but Filona was a tinker first, so she smiled. It put her on a lighter mood.

Not knowing where to begin to investigate, she decided she would be more successful with the help of the healer the day before. She seemed knowledgeable. What was her name?, Filona thought. It occurred to her that with the chaos, she hadn't memorized any of the names of the people who had helped her defeat the goblins. She went to the last place they were together, the Rusty Dragon Inn. In there, she found that the sheriff required her help. "This must be a mistake", she said. "I'm not with the militia, I'm just a mechanic."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano stayed up a bit after, simply just watching the sparse crowd of regulars drinking away the sordid affairs of the day. Each moment washing away with every sip of alcohol. It’s the same everywhere. We all find someway to forget. she mused. She thought of her new friends, people who she had shared battle with, one the closest form of relationship for someone of the Quah, she thought of little Filona the look of hesitancy on her face, and then her memories brought up another face of filled with hesitancy. All throughout the day her face had been one of steely determination, being no stranger to death, but now anyone looking sees the determination in her eyes turn to sadness as the misty dew of tears begins forming in her eyes.

Just as silently as she watches, Kano arises and heads upstairs to bed down for the night. She fell asleep fast, letting the weariness of the day finally catch up to her and lull her to sleep. She awakes late in the morning and stumbles down to the first floor of the Rusty Dragon. The first thing she notices is the weapon on Filona’s back, before hearing the chatter amongst the group that the sheriff wants to see them.

”Filona, good you are wearing a weapon. Good morning everyone. May our ancestors smile on our actions this day. I do not have much opinion of this sheriff yet, but I will follow. All I ask is that we find our way to this seer at some point today. Perhaps she can reveal where I can finally find some giants to kill.”

101 to 150 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SUPER RUNELORDS All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.