SUPER RUNELORDS

Game Master Arrannai

Maps | Loot


1 to 50 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Day 1 (Starday, 22 Rova 4707)
The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled, on the Autumnal Equinox. The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travellers arrive, and several merchants tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts and souveneirs are there to meet them.

The turnout for the opening speeches is quite respectable, and the four keynote speakers each deliver short but well-received welcomes to the festival. Mayor Deverin’s friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town and jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, the local tanner managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend, much to everyone’s amusement (except Larz’s). Sheriff Belor Hemlock brings the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening’s bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town’s previous church several years ago. The next speaker is scheduled to be local nobleman Lonjiku Kaijitsu, but a sudden illness has prevented him from attending the ceremony. Sandpoint’s own showman Cyrdak Drokkus is more than up to the challenge of bringing the crowd’s mood back up with his rousing anecdotes. He delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of selfpromotion at the end, as is his wont, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of “The Harpy’s Curse,” revealing that the lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda! Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

Knowledge (local) DC 10 or Sandpoint Native:

Larz is a notorius workaholic around town. Lonjiku Kaijittsu is known for hating these types of festivals and frivolities and is generally a very traditional man. Sheriff Hemlock is speaking not only of the fire that claimed the previous chapel (and the previous head priest and his daughter), but also the rest of the Late Unpleasantness—an event spoken of only in hushed whispers by townsfolk. A serial killer known when at large as Chopper and later found to be local hermit and bird-watcher Jervis Stoot. Chopper clamed the lives of some 25 citizens before being caught by the previous sheriff. Unfortunately, Sheriff Avertin was also his final victim.

After the welcoming speeches are done, the crowd disperses to go and enjoy some festival fun and games! It is fairly early in the morning (about 8 am if someone were to have a clock on hand), so there is a good amount of time before the Swallowtail Release at noon.

Alrighty, time to get into the nitty gritty bits. If each of you would like to give an introduction of your character’s appearance and their morning leading into the festival, please do! If you are not a local it would make sense for you to have stayed at the Rusty Dragon Inn the night before (don’’t worry about the cost) unless you have some other interesting way you’d like to enter town.
Now, without further ado, Festival Fun and Games! There are six games that I’ve come up with (I haven’t been doing nothing for the last three weeks, promise) for you all to participate in. Between all the socializing and navigating the crowd I figure that you will each have time to participate in four games before the noon ceremonies take place. At the end of your introductory post, go ahead and pick the first activity that you’d like to participate in (multiple of you can do the same one) and give me a roll for the listed check.

Festival Fun and Games:

Archery Contest: Run by Savah Bevaniky of Savah’s Armory. It costs 1sp to play. Each participant is given 3 arrows and use of a shortbow. The target is 30 ft. away.
Roll attack for a shortbow at 30ft. Point Blank Shot and proficiency bonuses and penalties apply here.

Gemstone Panning: Maver and Pennae Kesk, town jewelers, run a gemstone panning stall with some of the shavings from the jewels they’ve cut. Maver, being as clumsy as he is, accidentally threw some full uncut gems in the trough with the shavings. His wife, through upset with her husband, lets the particpants keep whatever they find. Costs 1cp to play.
Roll an appraise or perception check.

Log Splitting: Run by Ibor Thorn of the Sandpoint Lumber Mill with accompaniment from Katrine Vinder, daughter of the owner of the town’s general store. It costs 1cp to play, and those participating are given a wood-cutting axe (great axe) and one swing at a long sturdy log.
Roll 1d12+1.5*(STR MOD). Add power attack damage if applicable (+3). You may rage for this, though you may scare the townsfolk.

Public Auditions: Cyrdak Drokkus of the Sandpoint Theater runs this event. Cyrdak is looking for people with some spirit to perform in some local talent shows. This event is free of charge.
Roll a bluff, diplomacy, intimidate or perform check here. A good description of the talent being displayed here may give you a bonus.

Tug-o-War: Run by Belven Valdemar of the Sandpoint Shipyard. He has three sailors on one end of the rope and three particpants on the other. This game costs 1cp.
Roll a CMB for this. Lowest rolls will aid the highest.

Varisivia: This game is a joint effort between Brodert Quink, a historian, and Veznutt Parooh, owner of The Way North. Costs 1cp to play. A series of three trivia questions about Sandpoint and the surrounding areas’ history and geography.
Roll three knowledge checks: geography, history and local. You may make these untrained.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Leading his brothers and sister into town, Perri's beaming with excitement at the thought of the festival. As with so many other families throughout time, they scatter once they hit the crowd, more interested in everybody else than each other.

The young Varisian is dressed less like a caravan traveler and more like a farmer, though he is wearing an emerald green sash for a belt. A small silver bow and arrow hang on a chain around his neck. The rest of his festival clothing is unremarkable.

He roams the streets for a few moments before settling on harassing Cyrdak. "Cyr! You still looking for someone who can make a convincing argument?" Assuming he clears Perri to give it a go, the young man chuckles before starting.

"Nothing is more important than our community, than taking care of and supporting each other, right? Well, as long as Cyrdak's getting volunteers to be on stage for him, he should keep the shows free. Yes, we would have to donate some time for costuming and sets and such, but it would allow us to teach our children the best stories, to give them ideas and perspectives they aren't going to get while slopping the pigs. It would encourage the growth of our children and set them up to picture a bigger an better Sandpoint for them to build. All it will cost is a little bit of profit out of Cyrdak's pockets. Who's with me, that Cyrdak's shows should be free for our families?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Additional +2 and a potential reroll for hostile/unfriendly audiences, not that I think the audience is.

I see this as something Perri's pushed before, so Cyrdak shouldn't be surprised. Little chance he'll be swayed, either. <grin>

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

One of the first to arrive to the opening speeches was a gnome woman walking back and forth anxiously. Filona Fiorde was her name and it was clear that she was eager for the festival to start.

Ever since she had arrived in Sandpoint, about two months ago, she had developed a friendship with Bilivar Wheen, the town wheelwright. Instead of staying at the Deverin house, which she had right being a relative, she wanted her own independence and instead rented a very small room in his house for 1sp per week. Over time she started to help him with repairing and building, also nagging him to include some of her own inventions, which he systematically refused.

But what better opportunity than the Swallowtail festival to show the world her inventions? She had build, especially for the occasion, a few copies of a wooden bird that flapped its wings as you ran with it, little metal cans that always fell on one side, and a few scythes that could be folded for easy transportation. The gnome imagined that children would be excited to buy some toys, but also that, since the harvest season was starting, some farmers could use practical tools.

Filona was unsatisfied that she had been negligent towards her appearance. Her bright blonde short hair was completely in disarray and she had oil stains on her working clothes. Those clothes were practical, with pockets overflowing with wrenches, screwdrivers and some pieces of cleaning cloth. Although she had left her products home for now, she was still focusing all her anxiety at a cork and screw she was holding. When they fell on the floor, she casually made them levitate towards her hand.

When the speeches finally began, she heard without paying much attention and started looking for potential customers. By the time they ended, she rushed back home and came back with as many products as she could carry. Her hair was now magically shaped to resemble bird wings. Cast prestidigitation.

@DM: Can we work some selling of items? I know we should have talked sooner about this, but I wanted to start with some pre-produced mechanical contraptions. Maybe we roll a profit for the day?

When she finally tired of selling, she went on to play some games she had seen when walking around town. She didn't really think of herself as an actress, but participating in the plays could be fun. She very much enjoyed seeing a happy audience. As she was in line for the stage, she thought of what she could do. She wasn't very good at anything physical, but people usually believed her ludicrous stories. Her time came up.

"Dear people of Sandpoint!", she said loudly as if she were in front of a real audience. "I come to tell you of a great tragedy upon me!", she faked, hoping to get their attention. "The tragedy is... that I am too much beloved in the distant lands of...", she paused thinking where could be more fun. "Taldor!", she finished with a wince. "So many were my wooers that I, at one day, received twenty cakes! I tell you, eating all that cake is not easy for a gnome... But there I was, smelling the most recent roses I had been gifted, when a wicked witch, jealous as a coinless goblin, tried to place a curse on me. She told me You will have the most horrific of all fates! You will get fat! From eating so much cake!, and then walked away cackling. Oh, dear people of Sandpoint, how horrible I felt. So horrible that I started eating much more cake! Somehow, I did not gain a single pound, but alas every one of my wooers grew into fat snobs. And so I came here, where everyone is beautiful!, she finished clapping her hands at herself. She then remembered she was auditioning and looked awkwardly at Cyrdak.

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Later, she saw the quiz and remembered that the fey like to make such quizzes. She decided to join.

Knowledge geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Knowledge history: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Knowledge local: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

With the opening speeches done the Swallowtail Festival began in earnest, leaving Verona with a growing sense of listlessness and regret. She didn't really want to be here, surrounded by the teeming masses of Sandpoint. The woods witch had been living in the small town for a few months now, but she still struggled with all the crowds and busy streets. It was all very much different from her experience in Ustalav and the Shudderwood and there were many times when Verona wondered whether she'd be happier living in the nearby Whisperwood, its dangers be damned.

Of course, she'd always turn away from the idea. Living in the woods would make working at Hannah's a lot more difficult, and she enjoyed the work (and Hannah) far to much to allow that to happen.

Hannah Velerin was actually the main reason why Verona had deigned to go to the celebration. The elven herbalist had promised up and down that the Swallowtail Festival would be the perfect opportunity for her to get to know the people of Sandpoint outside of healing them at the practice. It had taken some convincing, but eventually Hannah's promises had won the young wood witch over, as Verona knew they would.

And thus, there Verona was. Trying her best not to look out of place in the crowd. It was something of a difficult task, though, given what Verona had decided to wear. Not knowing exactly what one took to such events, the wood witch opted to simply go wearing what she felt most conformable in. She was dressed in a snug kirtle that was as black as her tangled hair and wore a pair of durable boots that had served her well whenever she went out to collect her herbs. The blackness of the kirtle only made her pale skin more apparent, but Verona, as always, paid that little mind. From her belt hanged several pouches and satchels, most of them filled with some kind of herb or remedy. Hannah had told her that bringing her healer's belt was unnecessary and awkward given the occasion but Verona had been taught that one could never be to careful and so had brought it along anyway. Lastly, as always, she had her mother's azure Pharasmite symbol around her neck.

As Verona moved about the festival grounds, her eyes darted for any sign of Hannah. The elf had wanted them to come to the festival together so she could introduce Verona to some of her friends, but
Verona had told her to not wait up her for her as she finished some medical concoction she had been working on at the practice.

The Ustalavian had swiftly come to regret that choice as she tried, and failed, to find Hannah's face in the crowd. Eventually, after some time, Verona ended her search and found herself right next to Quink and Parooh's trivia venue.

Verona touched her pendant and made a silent prayer to the Lady of Graves for her to be kind of enough to let fate have Hannah find her at Varisivia's before much of the night was over. Until then, the herbalist tried to answer some of the duo's questions. Her knowledge of Sandpoint was limited but she felt more comfortable trying to answer the local trivia than trying her hand at log-splitting or a making a dreaded public performance.

Knowledge (Geography): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

It was early morning at the Rusty Dragon Inn as Sonas awoke. He couldn't really sleep anymore as he was absolutely thrilled to see more of Sandpoint. He arrived yesterday at noon, over the Tanner's bridge, booked a room at the Rusty Dragon and immediately after that went over to the finished cathedral to pay his respects to the Eternal Rose and the other gods to which the cathedral was built.

Yesterday
Sonas watched in awe at the magnificent building. "It's just beautiful, a true work of art and teamwork. I reckon the gods will be pleased with such a place of worship for their followers."
"Let us hope they are." a voice sounded from beside him. An older human man stood beside him. "It has taken the burning of the previous chapel for us to eventually rebuild this. This work is not to be taken lightly for it stands for our whole community, representing our combined faiths and beliefs and our will to pull through. Greetings, my halfling friend. I am Father Abstalar Zantus, I take it you are a follower of Shelyn by the way you talk?"

Sonas nodded, pointing to his violin and the crest of a beautiful bird on his pauldrons. "Indeed I am, though this would be my first true visit to a temple. I've learned about Shelyn on the road with my caravan and adoptive parents. During town visits I have been mostly babysitting the encampment so now that I have the chance I want to see as much as I can."

Sonas and Father Zantus talked for around two hours about Shelyn, Desna and the vision of them and the other gods revered in Sandpoint.

This morning again
Sonas had his early breakfast of a bowl of porridge and some berries and nuts, taking a bread roll with him for if he got hungry before the festival started.

Sonas had put on his Varisian travelling clothes, they are flamboyant, a green leather tunic with fine embroidery, a red cloak around his shoulders with a silver lining on the edges and a white shirt with copper buttons underneath his green tunic. Sonas loves music and carries his violin with him everywhere he goes.

At the square before the church, Sonas listens to every story and announcement that is made, excitement taking more of a front seat than finding some speeches to be a bit boring.
On an announcement board near the church he found out about the different festivities going on around town.
Hmm... I guess I could partake in that archery competition. But those open auditions would also be very nice to see and partake.

Sonas makes his way first to Cyrdak's open auditions, it's early morning so maybe there won't be alot of people yet. This way he could perform without it being that awkward. All his previous performances were in front of people he had called family. This was new for him.
"Mister Cyrdak, sir? Would you mind me playing a song of my caravan on the violin?"

Assuming he doesn't say no
Sonas takes the stage, gulping a last time before he sits down on a small stool with his violin. Sonas has his eyes closed the whole time as he thinks not of the crowd but of his family gathering around the bonfires, his adoptive father playing the violin as well, his family dancing. He starts of somewhat slow and setting the tone. Then he gently picks up speed, his violin sounding mournful at first, but then sounding more jolly and upbeat. During his whole performance he switches between slow tones and very fast paced music.
Eventually, still having his eyes closed he gets up and starts to dance along to his own music.

Perform Violin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
For reference

When he finishes the last tones of his piece of music he finally opens his eyes again and looks around the crowd.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kanotienentha, “Kano”, to most non-Quah, arrived in town yesterday late morning. It’s been only two weeks since she left her people—the Shundar-Quah in the Storval Plateau. That time was spent doing exactly what she sent out, hunt giants, unfortunately though the last two weeks have also been spent in disappointment.

As the travel weary Kano walks into town, she looks very much the proverbial fish out of water. Standing at 5 feet 10 inches, Kano is tall and lean, her stature tells the story of a people who constantly train themselves to make the most of living on a harsh and unforgiving land.

The hood over her face depicts a Storm Roc, a hide armor trophy passed down through the generations of her family. Her arms are completely uncovered though and reveal an enormity of tattoos tracing their ways over her arm and up around her body. While traditional Shoanti men shave their head bald, the woman are under no such obligation, Kano though learned very quickly that hair easily gets in the way of combat and has since shaved it short and messy. On the left side of her head the hair is shaved in an intricate o pattern revealing another intricate tattoo on the side of her head.

She is young, but proven herself to her people time and time again. Her brown eyes conveying a contradiction of warmness and ferocity.

Kano was overwhelmed by the civilization and amount of people and immediately rented and subsequently hid in her room for the remainder of yesterday.

This morning
The sun has long been up, and the speeches have passed, when Kano stirs from bed, the sound of something talking from far away echoing in her room.

So loud mother, tell Askuwheteau to keep his practicing down

She wakes up in a fright, before a look of sadness passes her face I am no longer with my people, when will I see them again?, before opening her window. If she was overwhelmed before now she is completely in awe of the gathering of people in the Sandpoint streets.

Curiosity gets the best of her though and Kano gets dressed and heads out to see what is happening. It’s not long before she recognizes that this is some sort of festival. What are they celebrating, why are so many people just standing around? Do they not have a place that they can share in the game hunted for this festival together? she says out loud to no one in particular.

Kano continues to walk around perplexed by the celebration, that is until she spots something familiar to her. Near the river a man is goading passerby’s claiming that no one has the strength to split the log in front of him with his axe.

She walks straight up to the man with a broad smile on her face. Ah little man! This is a feat of strength yes? Every time our people had a celebration one of our warriors would perform for us as well. I shall take up your axe.”

Planting her feet firmly in front of the she grips the axe in her head. This is what she knows, this is what her people know. There’s a moment of silence as others milling about take notice of the large woman staring down at the log; before, in the blink of an eye, she raises the axe above her head and arcs it down at the log.

Great Axe damage + power attack: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Waking with the sunrise, Yamatori Daiki took a second to appreciate the relative comfort of the bed he had been given at the Rusty Dragon Inn. It had been a long time since his sleeping arrangements hadn't been the deck of a ship or the ground outside, covered only by his thin bedroll. Although he had become used to those conditions a long time ago, the comfort of a soft bed and pillow did not go unnoticed. It was a small thing, but a joy nonetheless.

Having arrived in town the day before yesterday, Daiki had spent most of his time sleeping off his exhaustion of travel, and the rest trying to find out more about this town of Sandpoint that Lord Kiguchi had told him about. He had been happy to find a relatively warm welcome from the owner, Ameiko, and some talkative people visiting the inn. Thanks to them, he found out about this festival that was going on today, which sounded like the perfect chance to get to know the rest of the town better.

Daiki arrived in the church square wearing the local style of clothes he had managed to obtain over the armor he kept on at all times. The clothes themselves were fairly average looking, nothing special or embroidered, but were of good quality cloth colored a deep, forest green. He wore a wooden, white and red colored fox mask, which covered the short, black hair he sported. From behind the mask eyes shone dark amber color irises.

As he walked around the lively festival taking in the sights of revelry, his eye was caught by the presence of a staging area in which people seemed to be performing a variety of acts. Watching, Daiki saw musicians, storytellers, and even debaters. Feeling an itch of mischief which he attributed to the spirit of the fox mask he wore, Daiki decided to have a little bit of fun with the crowd. Overhearing the name of the one who was running the event, he approached. "Excuse me, mister Drokkus. I was hoping to be a part of this event. I think I have a story that the people would enjoy." In return, he received a brief, pondering look from the man. Whether it was from the mask, or the accent, or a combination, Daiki did not know, but it did not bother him, particularly when the look was accompanied by an affirmative.

Nodding graciously, Daiki took the stage as the previous performer finished. He surveyed the crowd for a moment, taking in the expressions of the townsfolk as they looked upon the rather short individual in front of them that didn't even show his face. He gave them a moment before he started speaking.

"I'm sure some of you are wondering why I'm wearing this mask. Now, don't deny it, I see you looking. Well, I'm here to tell you a story - the fantastic story behind this mask. Tell me, have you folks heard of the exotic land of Tian-Xia?" Daiki smiled as the eyes of younger members of the audience widened. "Yes, it seems you have. That wonderful place is where this story of mine takes place. Now, it all started 2 years ago..."

From there, Daiki drew upon the rumors and superstitions of the people of the Inner Sea, as learned from the words of Lord Kiguchi and his own conversations since leaving. He told the story of him as a young boy, arriving in a city made of jade, looking to make his fortune. Of sneaking into the inner circle of royal lodgings, thanks to old plans he had talked his way into. He spoke of the jade princess, a girl blessed by the God of the Moon, forbidden to leave the grounds of the Jade Palace due to the zealotry of her step-father, and of a secret plot to murder her. The story continued with Daiki rescuing the princess when stumbling upon an assassination attempt, and their subsequent escape from the palace while pursued by guards and royally employed assassins. He spoke of their escape to a forest protected by the spirits of the land in which they took refuge, falling in love in the process. Then, there was the attack of the soldiers that had finally found them. Acting as a distraction so the princess could run away to safety, Daiki led the pursuers away, nearly being captured many times, but staying safe thanks to the spirits and animals they had befriended. After days, weeks, of relentless pursuit, Daiki had managed to finally lose them, yet the princess was nowhere to be found.

"Luckily, we had come to an agreement in the forest. Should we ever be separated, we would make our way here, to Varisia, a far-off land where the hand of her father could never reach. We would take the guise of our beloved animal companions - I, the fox, and she the owl - and travel the land to find each other once more, and be finally free."

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Hahahahahaha, what a great first roll to start the game.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona, thinking the masked man's story was beautiful, approached him after his performance. She had a very serious face and said "This was an amazing story, sir. I will be on the lookout for a woman in an owl mask." The gnome had tears forming in her eyes and didn't, for one second, consider that the story might not be true, having told an untruthful one herself.

Her small size and wing shaped hair made her seriousness look somewhat comical, but she didn't care.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Public Auditions:

As Perri approaches Cyrdak and asks about going up to perform, Cyrdak gives a wry smile. "Can't say I've ever heard you say anything convincing," he says playfully. "Give it your best!" After the performance the crowd cheers in agreement with Perri, and as he's leaving the auditions Cyrdak pats him on the back a few times. "If you want something like that, talk to Meyor Deverin. I've still got to put food on my table, lad. Whether that food comes from ticket sales, donations or taxes doesn't much bother me!"

The next that gets welcomed onto the stage is Filona with her own comedy act. Cyrdak, not knowing her like he does Perri, gives her a small briefing on keeping it appropriate for the children. Her performance, while not yielding quite the reaction that Perri's did, garners cheering from the crowd, especially from the children in the audience (who are very fond of Filona's hair). Cyrdak smiles at the gnome as she exits, "quite a performance you had there! If you're staying in town you should come and see the Harpy's Curse."

After Filona is Sonas with his violin, an act that Cyrdak is very excited for. Sonas's act goes over incredibly well, and the crowd, unaccustomed to such music, cheers wildly for the halfling when he is finished. "You could hop inn to inn from here to the River Kingdoms and back with performances like that I'd reckon. Thanks for sharing your talent!"

The last performance this block is the one from Yamatori. Cyrdak's initial skepticism seems to be well founded, as when Yamatori finishes his performance the only applause he seems to get are about his masks. Whether it was a cultural divide, a tough act to follow or bad delivery (most likely a combination of the three), the story doesn't connect.


Log Splitting:

Ibor Thorn seems to be the one passing the axe around and preparing logs to split while Katrine Vinder appears to be waiting impatiently for someone. Ibor hands the axe to Kano and marvels at the woman's swing. Kano's splintering blow not only splits the log, but near the end of the swing Kano hears the sound of something small and metallic breaking. Well hidden near the bottom of the log being split was a metal spike. While this was no problem for Kano to break through, it doesn't quite seem fair.

Ibor takes one look at the log and shakes his head. "Dammit, Harker, I told you that we shouldn't do anything like that," he mutters under his breath with exasperation. "Katrine, grab this woman a prize please! That was a hell of a swing, I've gotta say." Ibor moves on to check the other logs for spikes.

Katrine rushes over and hands Kano a small coin purse. "Harker told me we wouldn't need to give any of these out today," she says. "I can't wait to tell him about that swing!"


Varisivia:

When Verona goes to participate in Varisivia, she appears to be the first one to do so. Brodert Quink, an older human man, and Veznutt Parooh, a gnome with ink-stained hands, seem to be debating matters of ancient history.

Quink is the first to pipe up, standing from his stool next to Parooh's map stand (situated outside his larger shop, The Way North) and greets Verona. "Hello, young lady! Would you like to take our quiz in hopes of a prize?" After Verona responds in the affirmative, Parooh stands on top of his stool to stay at eye level with Verona and the two scholars begin their questioning.

"Let's begin with something easy," Quink starts, tapping his right index finger against his chin. "Who are the four noble families living in Sandpoint today?" Verona answers correctly: Deverin, Kaijitsu, Scarnetti and Valdemar.

Parooh asks the next question. "What mountain range in Varisia do the Shoanti call 'The World's Roof'?" Verona answers correctly: the Kodar Mountains.

"Last question," Quink says. "From what empire do the ruins dotting Varisia hail?" Verona answers correctly: Thassilon.

"Goodness me!" Quink says excitedly. "Seems like our first contestant of the day is a winner! Now young lady, as a prize we have three choices: a map of the Sandpoint Hinterlands, a map of the area around the Storval Deep, or a not too specific map of Varisia. And what is your name, again, if I may ask?"

Not long after she's done with her audition (and watching a few more after), Filona makes her way to the quiz with the two wizened scholars. After a similar round of introductions, the men start the quiz right off.

Parooh is the first to ask a question. "What beast makes it unsafe to walk the Sandpoint Hinterlands at night time?” Filona answers correctly: the Sandpoint Devil.

Quink has the next. ”In what year was the town of Sandpoint officially founded?” Filona answers correctly: 4666 AR.

Parooh has the last question this time around. ”What is the name of the lake that the Varisian town of Turtleback Ferry is a port of?” Filona answers the final question correctly as well: Claybottom Lake.

”My my,” Parooh mutters to himself. ”We may need to make tougher questions or I won’t have maps to sell by the end of this festival!” Filona is offered from the same selection of maps as Verona for her prize.


Remaining Activities:

Filona: 2
Kano: 3
Perri: 3
Sonas: 3
Verona: 3
Yamatori: 3

@Everyone: if you would like to make some cash during the festival due to the high number of people here spending money you may spend an action and a craft or perform check to try and make some money.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Overcome with adrenaline, Kano stands with her arms outstretch and bellows with bravado at anyone that saw her swing ”Make sure all know that Kanotienentha, She Who Pushes Mountains, will not be deterred from proving that she is the strongest being. I will now conquer that little rope if anyone cares to watch.” before pocketing the sack of coins and swaggering away.

Heading straight to the tug of war, which she had passed earlier, Kano pays her entry fee and sizes up the enemy team as well as the two standing on her side. She positions herself at the back of her teams rope confident that her strength will be the deciding factor for her team.

As the signal is released and both sides begin pulling, Kano intially stands her ground waiting to test the strength of her opposing team. She breathes deeply feeling the tension of the rope in her hands before getting a lost briefly in a memory

”Hold it tighter, you keep losing your grip young one“ a large man chides the young Kano who hold an earthbreaker almost as big as herself. ”How do you expect to defend the land and your people should the need arise when you are weak?!” His voice rises, bringing a stream of tears to the young girl’s face. ”I’m sorry Agidoda, I will try harder.” before the mans bends down and with a shushing sound wipes away the tears from her eyes.

As the memory ends, Kano buckles her feet down into the sand and yanks backward with a mighty pull.

CMB: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona happily obliges to the children after her performance. "Of course", she answers Cyrdak absent-mindedly, being to focused on the children curious about her hair. She did take advantage of their attention to show them some new toys.

Craft mechanical contraptions: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

After the quiz, the gnome jumps happily for getting all answers correctly. She loved such quizzes and rarely does she get all answers correctly. She takes the map of the Sandpoint Hinterlands and proudly takes it home so it doesn't get stolen nor ripped in the commotion.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

@Kano: That sack of coins has a whole 10cp in it! It's about now you know for certain this Harker fellow is a real cheap guy.

GM rolls:

Commoner (CMB): 1d20 ⇒ 1
Commoner (CMB): 1d20 ⇒ 13

Tug-o-War:

Kano joins with two of the common folk, young farm boys looking to impress the girls from in town. They help Kano a little bit, but it takes the Shoanti woman all of six seconds to bring the three sailors crashing forward—whether the farm boys were necessary or not doesn't seem to sour their victory. They cheer you on and the sailors give a salute. This game has no prize, though you're sure folks in town will be spreading tales of your feats of strength in no time.

Filona:

The children, absolutely enamored with the upbeat gnome with the magic hair, plead with their parents to buy some of the interesting contraptions. After some grumbles from one parent you net yourself 13 copper coins for a toy. For a small town that's not a bad price, for certain.

Remaining Activities:

Filona: 1
Kano: 2


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Composed and in a quiet tone, Kano speaks out ”I am not quiet done. Again, only this time I will pull by myself.”

With a look of determination Kano hands the cooper piece before walking alone to the rope and picking it up. Her face devoid of any emotion, that same moment of quiet and serenity passes her face Let me show you who is strong, father. before screaming into the area and pulling with all her might. Gone now the face of calm, replaced only with rage.

Can I rage for this? Totally willing to scare the townsfolk lol. If I cant rage than take away the additional +2

CMB+rage: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Nice coin for a days work :)

Satisfied to see the children happy with her self made toys, Filona lets the gnome spirit get the better of her and moves on to the gemstone panning game. She gives it a try, the magic in her hair already fading.

Appraise (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Seeing the crowd and Cyrdak Drokkus wholly unmoved by his performance, Daiki sighed. "Well, not always does the ancient art of fib work. Perhaps I'm more exhausted than I realize. I will have to try to acclimate more to the people here if I am to find solace."

"Thank you for the opportunity to tell my story." Daiki said, bowing first to the crowd and then to Cyrdak, before stepping off the platform to make room for the next participant.

As he did, he was approached by a young girl with tears in her eyes, who declared she would be on the lookout for the princess from his story. Her hair was, curiously, shaped into wings. He smiled, satisfied that someone at least enjoyed the tale, even if it was a child. As he went to pat her head in thanks, however, he realized upon closer inspection that the person in front of him was not a child, but rather what looked like a gnome! Quickly, yet smoothly, Daiki turned his movement into a wide sweeping bow. "Many thanks, my lady. Your vigilance will be forever appreciated. If you happen to find her before I, you may find me at the Rusty Dragon." Standing up, Daiki flashed her a big smile. "I hope you enjoy the rest of the festivities."

After leaving the gnome to talk to a slew of children that had surrounded her, Daiki wandered some more around the fair, observing the happy go lucky townsfolk, before coming to a stop in front of a couple standing behind a stall of gems. The interesting part however, were the people running their hands through a bunch of gem shavings. He realized they were panning, looking for unshaved gems, which the couple seemed to be letting participants take home. Thinking that perhaps this could be a way to spend some time and possibly make a tiny profit, Daiki paid the copper piece price of admission, and tried his luck.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

After Cyrdak's kind words, Sonas rubbed the back of his head.
"It's been my pleasure sir. If I can share a bit of my home, away from home, then it's with great pleasure. Perhaps till a next time."
Sonas told Cyrdak with a flourish of his right hand and a small bow.

Being very happy with his performance, Sonas walked out with a spring in his step. The other performances were also pretty interesting, but there were so many things yet to see. Sitting still wouldn't do, no sirree.

Making his way down town, walking fast, faces passed and he was bound for Savah Bevaniky of Savah's Armoury. He learned that there was an archery contest there, so he decided to give that a shot, literally. His optimism was still flowing through him as he approached the archery range.

"Good sir Savah. I would like to take a shot at the target please. Here's your required 1 silver." He says happily as he handed over the silver piece.
Remember your training Sonas, it's only 30 ft away. Still, relax and take aim.
He took a stance with his side towards the target, planted his feet and nocked an arrow. Drawing up the bow, he inhaled sharply and let loose the arrow.
Shot on Target: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

After the archery trial, Sonas still had a spring in his step, so much so that he began playing and dancing along with his violin in his hand. Drawing the passersby to gather as a crowd, but he didn't care if people looked funny at him.
The song was a very upbeat song that started slow and melodic but quite quickly picked up pace, this repeated every so often. Every time the music picked up speed again on the high notes, Sonas couldn't help himself but dance along to his own tunes.
For reference

Perform Violin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

As Sonas ended his dancing and playing he saw the crowd gathered around him, smiled, bowed and laughed. If he would have a hat, he would have taken it off together with his bow. "My ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, thank you for listening. I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed playing it."


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Wandering away too quickly to catch the fiddle performance, Perri finds himself standing at the Kesks' stall. "Hey, Pennae! Any hints for a klutz? Perri smiles and relaxes interacting with the hosts, even the husband, before settling in and giving it a go.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

A full stone washes out of his tray while he's running his mouth.

Afterwards, he makes his way to the archery booth. "Hey, Savah! Got anything worth claiming, or should I just go ahead and shoot and not worry about it?"

Shortbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Shortbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Shortbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Obviously, he was spending more time flirting with the young ladies than bothering to aim the bow.

"Really, you think I should? Well, it isn't like I plow the fields myself, I hitch up a horse like anyone else, but I can give it a try." He lets one of the young ladies escort him over to the log-splitting contest, completely ignorant of the fact it is so she can make fun of how poorly he does compared to the woman who kicked off the event. "So, Katrine, it is best if I straddle the log like this, and take a big, overhead swing, right? Well, let's give her a go . . .." He pulls back and follows through . . ..

Slashing: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Twisting his grip on the downswing, putting most of the momentum off-center, and providing a showing to match the rest of his morning.

1 SP and 2 CP, and the only potential bragging rights for worst showing of the day!


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Mistake was made in my initial post. For some reason I believed the festival was taking place at night. My apologies if that caused any confusion.

"Verona of the Wilds," the witch answers Quink shyly, her Ustalavian accent and foreignness obviously apparent. "Or just Verona if you prefer," she quickly adds, finding it difficult to look the stranger directly in the eye. "It makes no difference to me."

Her prize won, Verona's hand hovered above the three maps that we she was being offered. All three had their merits when it came to use, but Verona ultimately picked the one that represented the nearby Sandpoint Hinterlands. Though, she had come to know Sandpoint's local wilds, it would have been hubris on her part to believe that she knew the area inside and out. A map could could only help orient her better and lower her chances of getting lost on one of her routine herb runs.

With that in mind, the wood witch's accepted the map of the Sandpoint Hinterlands from Quink and securely stashed it in one of her many satchels for safekeeping. That done, Verona was at a bit of a loss on what to do next. She still hadn't spied Hannah in the crowd and was not exactly interested in participating in any of the other activities. She just wasn't very interested in them or was uncomfortable with idea of doing a public show. Medicine was her joy and favorite subject, and try as she might, Verona found it difficult to to be interested in things outside her scholarly wheelhouse.

In the end, she decided to fall back on old habits and see whether any of the townsfolk would be interested in any of the concoctions she had wiped up earlier in the morning. They were minor remedies, meant only to treat minor aches, pains and colds, but they were worth a few coin pieces all the same. Verona didn't much care about the money, though. By the herbalist's estimation, this was the best way for her to ingratiate herself to the people of Sandpoint while still remaining in her comfort zone.

Craft (Alchemy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Shouldn't we be getting different maps?


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Kano:

Tapping into the primal fury within, Kano grabs her end of the rope by herself and lets out a battlecry. Off guard and intimidated by the woman, the three sailors are thrown to the ground from the first tug. Kano's reputation may now include tales of her incredible ferocity.
It'll just cost 1 round of rage.

Filona:

Filona spends some time panning for gemstones, and while she doesn't strike rich she does find some small bits of tigerseye (worth about 5cp).

Daiki:

Daiki spends time at the gemstone stand, though after his time has elapsed he finds nothing of value.

Sonas:

Gonna make the second and third shot here for you :) don't forget your +1 to ac and attack for being small
Shot 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Shot 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Sonas tries out the archery challenge, getting his first two shots in the outermost ring and the last shot in the middle ring. Savah gives a nod of approval and approaches Sonas. "Not too bad. Could use a bit more practice, but hitting the target with all three arrows is better than most of the farmhands out here. Hell, most of them couldn't hit the broadside of a barn."

Sonas's second performance receives an overwhelming ovation from the crowd. Cyrdak marvels at the halflings performance, coming up to congratulate him afterwards. "Gods, lad, you should check out the Rose and Rake down in Magnimar. They're always looking for talent like that. Come and see the Harpy's Curse tomorrow night, I'll introduce you to Avisera."

Perri:

Though he fails (rather spectacularly) at each game he partakes in, it just seems to add to the certain clumsy charm that Perri has among the farm-girls around town. The real prize for Perri this day were the blushing faces and adoration of the young women of Sandpoint (and some of their mothers, too).

Remaining Activities:

Filona: 0
Kano: 1
Daiki: 2
Sonas: 1
Perri: 0
Verona: See discussion thread


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Wordlessly, Kano walks away from the tug-o-war. She smiles to herself as she hears people whispering about her as she walks away.

Kano beings wandering the festival, seeing the archery contest Kano knows that its not for her.”All I see are children’s games! Make believe? Searching for little trinkets? A great warrior of the Shundar-Quah will not debase herself to such silly games”

She seeks out any festival food that she can find—preferably a big drumstick of poultry—and sits down to people watch and enjoy her snack.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Though lunch isn't supposed to start until after the Swallowtail release, there is one stand you find that offers you something to tide you over. A Tian-Min woman of twenty years at most running a stall outside the Rusty Dragon Inn offers you a sampling of her delectable curry-spiced salmon. You recognize her as the woman who runs the inn you've been staying at, Ameiko Kaijitsu.

"I hear you've already made quite a show of your strength today," she says with a grin as she hands over your plate and a mug of winterdrop mead. "On the house! All the food is free today because of the festival, but considering the piss-poor prizes they give out I'll treat you early. Always nice to see some genuine adventuring-types around town."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

After Sonas's last performance in the Sandpoint Theater, hearing the audience's standing ovation, Sonas bows another time and blows a few kisses to any young ladies in the crowd.

When Cyrdak mentions to him that he could introduce him to Avisera, he blushes a bit.
"Why thank you mister Cyrdak. It would be my great pleasure to meet a star of the theater like Avisera. I will see you tomorrow night then."
Sonas says with a flourish.

Sonas makes his way outside of the Sandpoint theater again, heading back to the Rusty Dragon Inn again to get something to drink.
Close to the Rusty Dragon, he starts to play a last song for today, now aimed on amusing and entertaining passersby and perhaps garnering some free drinks or money for a drink or something to eat.

His thoughts go back to his adoptive family and the music they played, he remembered a song they often played during big feasts like weddings and summer solstices.
Normally we play this with a few musicians along the way. I can still play the violin parts. It should do for today.
"Come one and come all! Enjoy yourself this day! Live life to the fullest! This is a tune I call Luck in Life!"
For reference

Perform Violin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano nods gratefully at Ameiko, before stuffing her face with the salmon and washing it down immediately with the mead.

”This is good” she gestures towards the food. ”Really good. Even the Shoanti would appreciate this meal. Good job. And thank you for letting me have some before lunch is served. You’d be surprised the type of appetite that single-handedly winning the tug-o-war puts in someone. Thank you letting me stay here as well, the last two weeks fruitlessly hunting rumors of giants has taken its toll. I think I’ll stay in Sandpoint for a bit and then head back out into the wilds. Be seeing you around Ameiko”

The giant Shoanti begins milling about the town but not really partaking in anything, just taking it all in. The people, the civilization, the culture.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Verona (alchemy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Verona (alchemy): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Making rolls for the other two activities being spent

The people of Sandpoint are rather receptive to Verona's herbs and cures, especially since the fall has begun. All in all with the time remaining until the Swallowtail Release she makes 66cp from folks wanting to stock up.

Sonas, keeping up with his streak of marvelous performances manages another 28cp from people leaving him tips.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Shifting through the filings, Daiki was slightly surprised that he didn't find anything. Shrugging the feeling off, he bowed to the couple running the stand. "Thank you for the chance to partake in your activity. I hope the rest of the day brings you fortune and fun."

Continuing his circuit within the festivities, Daiki took in the wide array of people enjoying their lives. There was widespread fun and laughter, and great joy even in the minute defeats of people trying out activities. He watched a woman single-handedly defeat a team of three in a game of strength with rope, and clapped alongside others in the crowd at the marvelous display. He could see why his Lord had loved this town so much. He had never been a part of any real celebration or widespread town festivity growing up in Oda, and had the chance to see something similar only once or twice in his missions. The people living here were lucky to have so much, and Daiki was happy for them. He only wished he could have brought the same to his home.

Trying to put the melancholy out of his thoughts, Daiki walked up to what looked to be a game in the guise of an archery range. "Greetings, smith Bevaniky," he said, pulling the name from the sign next to the stand. "I would like the chance to participate in this contest of yours." After getting the price, Daiki traded his silver for a shortbow and 3 arrows, and assumed his position in front of the target. He hefted the bow in his hand, noting the weight distribution and quality of craftsmanship. He had been trained in the use of shortbows as part of his training under Lord Kiguchi, although it had never been his particular choice of weapon. Curious to test how much he remembered, Daiki took a moment to take a deep breath and center himself, before firing all three arrows.

Arrow 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Arrow 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Arrow 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Daiki's arrows fly true, each striking the target. The first hits the outer ring, the second the middle, and the third right in the center. "My, that's some impressive shooting!" Savah exclaims. She approaches Daiki and hands over a quiver with ten arrows in it. "Haven't given any of these out today, but here you go. These arrows are special, you see. Cold iron. Some monsters out there, allegedly the Sandpoint devil included, are weak to the stuff."


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Watching the arrows strike true at the target, Daiki smiled to himself. The Kami had been kind to him, and brought him success. Yes it was just a game, but it made him feel better, and for that, he was glad. Bowing again to Savah, he traded the shortbow for the special arrows. "Thank you for your gift. I will make sure to put them to use - who knows, maybe I will find that devil and find out!" Straightening up, Daiki smiled at her, attaching the quiver of arrows to his belt. "May the rest of your day bring you as much fortune as it has me for this event."

Daiki left the range in renewed spirits. He was glad to see the rest of the people enjoying their time at the various stalls, and decided that he probably wouldn't have a performance as great as what had just happened. So instead, Daiki stepped off to the side, trying to find a clear grassy area. Wanting to ride the wave of good feeling, he laid his extraneous gear near him on the ground, and started stretching. Once he was done and warmed up, Daiki started the body weight and acrobatics conditioning routine that he had done many times before. The exercise and focus to his tasks helped him to keep his mind in check, and it probably didn't hurt with getting the latent exhaustion from the last few months of travel out of his bones.

Before too long, Daiki became aware of some people stopping to watch him, likely enticed by the variety of flips and twirls he managed to execute. Smiling to himself, Daiki added some flourishing to the basic routine. It was not standard, but if it brought some joy to those around, it would be worth it.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Putting on a little show for the passerby's: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Forgot to do a knowledge local earlier, so if it's alright I'll add that here. The news would be primarily from conversing with people at the inn in the time Daiki has been here, and maybe some passing conversations at the fair.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 ⇒ 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Folks from town gather around to watch Daiki perform his katas and marvel at his form. When he finishes, townsfolk cheer him on and some of the young men come up to ask if you could teach them how to do that. A young woman wearing robes distinctly Iroran approaches you after the boys stop crowing around you.

"I see that you, too, walk the path of self-perfection," she says with a smile. "You should come by the House of Blue Stones sometime and practice the forms alongside me. I haven't had a proper training partner since young Tsuto Kaijitsu left town." Hearing the bell ring to signify noon is closing in, she gives you a small bow before turning to approach the town square. "I am Sabyl Sorn. Think on my proposal, if you would."

At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child whom she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon’s cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna—a furious storm of swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

Lunch is provided free, at the expense of Sandpoint’s taverns. Each brings its best dishes—this event is as much a marketing push by the taverns to win new customers as it is to feed a hungry crowd. It soon becomes apparent that the darling of the lunch is, once again, Ameiko Kaijitsu, whose remarkable curry-spiced salmon and early winterdrop mead easily overshadow the other offerings, such as the Hagfish’s lobster chowder or the White Deer’s peppercorn venison.

A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Goblin Song

GOBLINS CHEW AND GOBLINS BITE,
GOBLINS CUT AND GOBLINS FIGHT.
STAB THE DOG AND CUT THE HORSE,
GOBLINS EAT AND TAKE BY FORCE!

GOBLINS RACE AND GOBLINS JUMP
GOBLINS SLASH AND GOBLINS BUMP.
BURN THE SKIN AND MASH THE HEAD,
GOBLINS HERE AND YOU BE DEAD!

CHASE THE BABY, CATCH THE PUP.
BONK THE HEAD TO SHUT IT UP.
BONES BE CRACKED, FLESH BE STEWED,
WE BE GOBLINS! YOU BE FOOD!

Initial Assault—Round One

GM Rolls:

Initiative (Daiki): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative (Filona): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Initiative (Kano): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Initiative (Perri): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Initiative (Sonas): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Initiative (Verona): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Initiative (Goblins): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Initiative Order
→Daiki
→Verona
Goblins
Perri
Filona
Kano
Sonas

Daiki and Verona are up!


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

"By the Kami, what an awful racket these goblins make." Daiki winced as the disturbing, shrill voices resonate in the air. PUlling his wakizashi out from their sheaths on his lower back into reverse grip in either hand, Daiki surveyed the battlefield. Being hidden behind the wagon due to their small stature, he wasn't certain he could get to them without putting himself in a precarious position. It brought him pain to see the innocent dog murdered, but he knew patience was key, especially in dangerous situations. So instead, he crouched low and kept a careful eye on the enemy movements, readying himself for the fight ahead.

Move action - Draw both wakizashi's
Standard action - Ready an attack with a wakizashi in case any of the goblins decide to approach.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

At noon, Filona was dying of curiosity when they brought the wagon in. She was very satisfied with her sales for the day and had eaten a little of White Dear venison. Even though she had eaten her share, she didn't stuff herself, as she hated the feeling and it left her drowsy and unable to work properly. Now she was sure another surprise would keep her spirits higher than she ever remembered.

When the butterflies were released, however, she felt sad and somewhat angry. What sort of villain would keep such beautiful creatures trapped and confined just for a visual show?, she thought to herself. Lost in thought, the gnome tinker didn't hear the first screams. But as the crowd shifted behavior, she was left with no other choice but to pay attention to her surroundings.

The sight she saw next was something she would never forget. A stray dog, usually happy despite his less than glamorous routine, was brutally slain. This just added anger to her gut. She felt a lump in her throat as the people fled from what were clearly goblins. Their horrible voices in the air and the gruesome sight were enough to keep her stupefied. Her lack of combat training also meant that she wasn't quick enough to react to the goblins.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

By the time the Swallowtail Release came near, Verona had managed to sell off most of her cures, the townsfolk of Sandpoint evidently having developed a demand for them with winter fast approaching. Verona was in the amidst of pocketing her copper gains and few remaining unsold curatives when a familiar voice called her name.

"Verona!" Hannah heralds from the crowd. The elven woman waved her hand from afar before she quickly making her way to the wood witch's side. "I've been looking all over for you," she says playfully before adding, "How have you been without me? Enjoying the festival I hope?"

Verona's pale cheeks turn a light pink as she sees Hannah's beaming face. Temporarily bereft of words, Verona gave Hannah an awkward smile before catching she caught her wits and telling the elf about her about successful trivia game and ad-hoc remedy selling. Hannah cheerfully congratulated Verona for her gains before regaling the other herbalist about her own festival activities.

They talked for some time, enjoying each other's company, before eventually joining the rest of the town in listening to Father Zantus's tell and watching the titular swallowtails be released. Afterwards, Hannah fulfilled her promise to introduce Verona to some of her townie friends as they all enjoyed Ameiko Kaijitsu's delicious salmon at a feasting table together. As usual, meeting so many new people was somewhat nerve-whacking for her, but Hannah's being there made the experience not only bearable, but enjoyable.

Though Verona may not have initially been enthusiastic to go to the festival, she was at last starting to feel truly comfortable there, which it made it all the more tragic that a horde of goblins would arrive on the scene to ruin the rare moment of belonging.

In a flash, chaos broke out as noise, screams and terrible goblin songs filled the air. Verona lost track of Hannah as the crowd began to scatter in a rush. She shouted Hannah's name and thought she heard her own being called out in reply, but with the air so choked with clashing sounds it was hard to make out anything. In the end, Verona found herself close to the invading goblins and a few other unlucky souls whose faces were only somewhat familiar to her.

Seeing that violence was sure to break out, the witch acted on instinct and cast a protective spell on herself before the goblins could reach her with their foul weapons.

Move Action: Drawing Light Crossbow.
Standard Action: Casting Mage Armor on herself. AC is now 16.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Soon after Verona and Daiki prepare themselves three goblins emerge from behind the cart with dogslicers at the ready.

Goblin 1 (and Daiki):

Readied Attack (Daiki): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage (wakizashi): 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack (Goblin 1): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage (dogslicer): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

One of the goblins rushes forward at Daiki, and like two Tian samurai in a Jininese tale, they lash out with their blades at the same time. Both warriors land their blows, dealing significant damage to one another.
Daiki and goblin 1 both take 5 slashing damage.

Goblin 2:

Acrobatics (Goblin 2): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Attack (Goblin 2): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 - 4 - 2 = 7

Another one of the goblins jumps up onto the cart then grabs a glass bottle with its off-hand and chucks it at Kano. The bottle misses her by a pretty wide margin, though it appears the creature will be fetching another soon.

Goblin 3:

Attack (Goblin 3): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage (dogslicer): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The last goblin goes for Perri, who, being yet to act (and without his massive shield at the ready), takes a slice to his leg.
Perri takes 3 slashing damage.

Initiative Order
→→Daiki (-5 HP)
→→Verona
Goblin 1 (-5 HP)
Goblin 2
Goblin 3
→Perri (-3 HP)
→Filona
→Kano
→Sonas

Everyone is up!

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona pulls herself together and moves to the giant woman's right leg and says Rainbow strike! HA!. A colorful cloud involves two of the goblins making them drowsy.

Move to occupy Kano's square and cast Color spray including the north and east goblins. DC 16


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano didn’t pay too much attention to Father Zantus’ speech, but as soon as the butterflies were released the same wonderment of the children came over her face. She became lost in the natural beauty of the world before hunger once again overtook her. Since she tried the salmon already she bowed, prayed over the venison thanking it for its sacrifice and tore into a piece of peppercorn venison. Despite other people’s chatter about the clear winner of lunch Kano enjoyed the cooked game slightly more, reminding her once more the home she recently left.

Begrudgingly, Kano stopped eating and turned around as everyone looked at the central podium. Barely paying attention, Kano was caught off guard by the alien sounds before seeing the the goblin rush past. Her anger ignited upon seeing the dog she rushes to strike the goblin that came at Daiki.

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12


Move action: Five feet north
Free Action: Draw Earthbreaker as part of move action
Standard Action: Swing at goblin


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Will (Goblin 1): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Will (Goblin 2): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Color Spray: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5

The eastern goblin manages to avert its gaze from the kaleidoscopic spray just in time for Kano to step forward and smash it to bits with her earthbreaker.

The northern goblin succumbs to the pretty lights and falls down unconscious on top of the cart.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas is really enjoying both the salmon made by Ameiko Kajitsu as well as a little bit of the White Deer's peppercorn venison. During the lunch he was seated nearby a few of the other entertainers who performed at the Sandpoint Theater. He at least recognized Filona, the gnome with the crazy hair from the Theater.

But all the sights and sounds made him not inquire about her performance. Look at all this delicious food. O they're bringing in something. Is that the something Father Zantus was referring to when he talked about a big surprise?

At the release of the hundreds of swallowtail butterflies, Sonas gasped in awe as the thousands little wings shone brightly in the light of the midday sun. "That's a real sight to behold.", he muttered softly.
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15
He wanted to aks around the table if they've seen anything so beautiful, but then he saw the look on Filona's face of slight disappointment and Sonas held back his words.

Guess not everyone is as happy with it. I wonder what troubles her so.

Then as Father Zantus climbs the stage and attempts to speak, his ears are ringing with the first shout. And then another. Sonas sees the sliced up dog trying to get past, running away from a goblin chasing it.

Goblins! I've seen those before. Always trying to cause more trouble, no regards as long as they have their fun.

Sonas draws his bow, moves a little to the side so he has a better aim and fires a single arrow at the goblin to the left, that's still conscious.

Move action, to draw weapon, 5-foot step, standard action to shoot
1 shot: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 231d6 ⇒ 4


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Enjoying the show, Perri's mood is ruined by having this tiny land-shark draw blood. He looks down at the creature and notes. "That was probably a mistake you don't want to repeat." Instead of retaliating, however, Perri spends this set of actions simply girding his loins, readying both shield and weapon.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki blinked in slight surprise as a hammer attached to the arm of a massive woman pulverized the goblin warrior he had just exchanged blows with. Little bits of blood spewed out onto the floor and on to his boots, but Daiki was more captivated by his fellow warrior in this battle. He had never before seen a woman so strong and tall. It was...disconcerting. But there was time to ponder about the strange offerings of this new land later. Seeing that the remaining standing goblin was being taken care of by the a couple other fighters on the field, he instead stepped over to the unconscious goblin. The small, reptilian figure seemed almost kind of endearing, knocked out in sleep and sprawled about on the wagon as it was. From what he had seen though, he was sure it would be far less so if it woke up again. With a slash to the goblin's throat, Daiki gave it the mercy of a swift death.

Free action: 5 foot step
Full round: Coup de grace on the unconscious goblin

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Crit: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Sonas looses an arrow that sinks into the shoulder of the one conscious goblin to the west. It appears heavily wounded, though it still seems to have all intentions of harrying Perri.
Goblin 3 takes 4 piercing damage.

Daiki grants the goblin unconscious on top of the cart a swift and painless death—a mercy the sadistic beast would surely never afforded him.
Goblin 2 is very much deceased.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona saw as the five strangers around her quickly dispatched two of the three goblins. Not wanting the last remaining goblin to have the opportunity to flee, she moved forward towards it and Perri and directed her will to cloud the globlin's mind and senses.

Free Action: 5 Ft. step towards Goblin 3.
Standard Action: Casting Daze on Goblin 2. DC 13 vs. Will.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Will Save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Attack (goblin 3): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Verona's spell does not seem to be effectual and the last goblin, seemingly unaware of the fact that it stands alone, takes another swing at Perri. The paladin's massive shield easily deflects the blow.

Initial Assault—Round Three

Initiative Order
→Daiki (-5 HP)
→Verona
Goblin 3 (-4 HP)
→Perri (-3 HP)
→Filona
→Kano
→Sonas

Everyone is up!


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"I told you that was a mistake not worth repeating."

Perri swings his axe around his shield.

Battleaxe w/ TS: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 2 = 16
Slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Perri's axe removes the fumbling goblin's head from the rest of its small body.

Initial Assault—End

Rushing into the center of the square, Father Zantus raises his silver holy symbol and a pulse of positive energy washes over the crowd, all of you included. After this, he rushes off to check on wounded in other areas nearby. It seems goblins are all about town causing chaos. The towns militia was not at all prepared for something like this, especially considering the festival going on. Some of the townsfolk approach to thank you all before running out of the square to check on their homes or flee the carnage.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

You have about three rounds worth of time if any of you have things you want to say or do. I will either move us along in 24 hours or when I have a post from everyone.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Sighing a breath of relief as the magical energy washed over him and healing his wound, Daiki surveyed the area. The chaos of the goblins here and other places in town had caused an abrupt departure of most of the gathered people, which left all the good food and meticulously planned out lunch all strewn about. It was a shame, really. He had been enjoying the food immensely, and had been hoping for a chance to talk more with Ameiko. It was clear that she, like him, hailed from Minkai, and it felt good to have something familiar in this land. But these goblins had been a major surprise. Where had they even come from? He eyed the others from the square that had participated in the sudden attack. Perhaps they would know more.

Keeping his wakizashi out just in case of another attack, Daiki addressed the group of people now behind him with a slight bow. "I wasn't expecting many other citizens to be prepared for such a sudden attack, but your aid was swift and effective." Nodding distinctly towards the woman with the giant hammer and the gnome he had met earlier in the fair, he added "Thank you for your help."

"My name is Yamatori Daiki. I've just come to Sandpoint recently. While I don't know the town very well yet, I would hate for it to burn down as a result of these reptiles." he said, gesturing towards the carcasses of goblins. "Normally I would go off on my own, but who knows how many of them there are. Perhaps if one of you has a better idea of the prominent areas of town, we can group up and try to prevent any major disasters from occurring."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Seeing the other people who stayed put to fight off the goblins, put down the last one, Sonas, kept his longbow in his left hand, ready for more surprises. He calls out to Father Zantus, hoping he would reply to him.
"Father! Where in town were the other attacks?!"

Regardless if Father Zantus answers or not.

Sonas regarded the other five, most of them looked like capable warriors of some ability. Filona and Verona perhaps the least of them as they didn't wear any armour. Though he did see them cast minor spells.
Before Sonas himself could talk, the more foreign of the five spoke up before him, after hearing his story, the halfling replied.

"Well met Yamatori! I am Sonas, Sonas Adhello, so named by my travelling family. As travellers we need to be on our guard and keep at least some weapons close to keep raiders and bandits away. Goblins included." Sonas says as he nods his head towards the three dead goblins.

"I've also just recently come to Sandpoint, hoping to enjoy the Swallowtail Festival in earnest. Alas, with these goblins running amok, I believe festivities are put on hold. I am with you Yamatori, it would probably be best to help the ones that are accomodating us. It is something my role as a paladin requires of me."


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

With the last goblin felled, Verona was prepared to tend to the wounded only for Father Zantus' arrival and burst of divine magic making that entirely unnecessary.

The men and women that had defeated the trio of goblins were a sundry bunch, with Verona very much included in that. Some appeared to be hale warriors while others looked like common people, farmers and artisans.
Verona was outsider, but even could tell that the Lady of Graves had woven a strange fate to bring such a party together.

The gruesome sound of fighting and havoc in the air quickly brought Verona out of her musing. The healer had no love of violence, but it seemed that her preferences mattered little now. Untimely death was about and it needed to end. "I'm vith you," she says to Daiki without looking directly at him, her Ustalavic accent coming through.

"My name is Verona of the Wilds, or simply Verona if you prefer," she tells the group. "Ve don't have much time, Zantus won't be able to heal everyone in Vandpoint by himself and zere is vomeone that I have to find. She can heal the wounded once the goblins are dealt vith, and she is ... quite dear to me."

Verona's free hand went to her Pharasmite pendant. She couldn't use it to channel the power of the gods as Father Zantus could, but she gripped it tightly and made a quick, anxious prayer all the same.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Catching her breath as the Father heals them, Kano looks around to see if she can spot anymore goblins directly in the area. She certainly sees the destruction caused by their actions before finally resting her eyes on the others who helped dispatch the goblins.

”Be received Yamatori Daiki. Be received Sonas Adhello. Be received Verona of the Wilds. I am Kanotienentha, She Who Pushes Mountains but you may call me Kano if that is easier for your tongue.

I would be glad to have our thunder roll through Sandpoint and remove this threat but unfortunately I have only been in town for a day. But were you go, I and my hammer go as well.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

The gnome was the only one in the fighting group who didn't seem at all used to how the events transpired. Shaking from adrenaline, she could hardly hear the conversation. The sight of the man in the mask who called himself Daiki murder the goblin she had left unconscious left her weak on her knees.

Everything was happening too fast for her to keep track, but she moved shyly closer to Kano, as if the woman were her giant mother. However, she also looked for other goblin around. She had her magic at the tip of her tongue in case she would need it.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"Yeah, hi, I'm Perri. Glad to meecha. But, don't you think we ought to be following the sounds of these little buggers attacking the town and worrying about introductions later?" Deeds anticipating words, Perri has started moving in the direction of the closest sounds of assault by the time he says "but".

1 to 50 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SUPER RUNELORDS All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.