SUPER RUNELORDS

Game Master Arrannai

Maps | Loot


201 to 250 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas fires another arrow at the remaining skeleton, not noticing the glancing blows from Perri with his axe, not noticing that mainly blunt weapons work against the skeleton.

Single Shot, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 ⇒ 1

Missed again.

"Awww... shoot! Missed again. My arrows fly through his ribcage."
Sonas calls out the obvious flaw of his arrows against the skeleton.
Strangely though, he doesn't recognize it yet himself.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

The Desecrated Vault—Round Three

Skeleton 2:

Daiki, Kano, Perri, Verona
Random target: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Seemingly at random, the skeleton turns back around to attack Perri again. It lashes out with both of its hands though is completely deflected by Perri's fortress-like armor.

Initiative Order
Skeleton 2 (-3 HP)
→Everyone Else (Verona -1 HP)

Everyone is up!


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Watching the walking pile of bones somehow manage to avoid the attacks of the entire party, Daiki more and more praised his luck in being able to take one down almost immediately. If both had stayed up with this level of resistance, it could have been a lot worse. Still, this was rather irritating. "Once more, again. Everything can be cut eventually!" With that, he slashed again.

Full-round again.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 2


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Apparently figuring the worst of his problem out, Perri drops his axe and pulls his hammer before swinging at the skeleton around his shield once again.

Light Hammer w/ TS & Flank: 1d20 + 3 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 1 + 2 = 6
Blunt: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

But the attempt to bring his hammer to bear that quickly is obviously more than he was prepared to handle at the moment.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Seeming like practicing shots, Filona still tries to hit the skeleton with a crossbow bolt.

Shoot into melee: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Without knowing how ineffective her bolts would be if they hit, the gnome shot wide.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

”Agreed, Yamatori Daiki! Once more!” The hulking Shoanti shouts before arcing her hammer wide and swinging it head on at the skeleton.

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

Goodness, invincible skeleton much?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Are we secretly filming a scene for the Keystone Cops?


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Did Daiki's Sneak Attack damage from his second attack finish it?

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

I'm thinking it didn't, given there's probably 5 damage reduction, so this far the skellie only took 5 total damage.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

This skeleton is a better adventurer than all of us. 1v6 and it's still standing! If I recall correctly though, this level skeletons don't usually have more than 5 hp so there is a good chance it's down.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Sorry everyone, I was super sick yesterday and didn't really pop onto the forums.

In a flurry of attacks from the party, Daiki's off-hand attack catches the remaining skeleton in the back of its bony neck and separates the horror's head from the rest of its body.

The Desecrated Vault—End

Outside of the sound being made by the physically exerted group, the mausoleum is perfectly silent. A cursory glance of the place reveals a robe discarded to the corner of the room and an empty sarcophagus that lay open in the back of the room.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

@DM get well soon! Drink lots of fluids and stay warm. Get some good rest too =)

Filona seemed to be unaware of how much danger they were facing. She had no experience with the undead, and the most she knew was from horror stories in Magnimar when she was just a gnome child. "Now that was some fun target practice, huh?", she said casually.

Stepping inside the vault, the silence made her a little queezy, but she tried humming some notes to reduce the uneasy feeling.

Performance (humming): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Looking at the robe discarded, she thought a horrible creature might leap out of it, so she lifted it using magic. Cast Mage Hand. She looked around and counted how many sarcophagi were in there. She looked for any markings which would indicate whose sarcophagus was empty. "Was one of these skeletons the owner of this sarcophagus?", she asked hoping someone would be wiser.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas walks around the mausoleum taking in the scene, he whistled softly in amazement.

"Never seen anything like this from the inside. It's quite something alright."

Seeing the same discared robe and open sarcophagus as Filona, Sonas walked up beside her. "Alas, no clue. Though I'm a student of the faith, my knowledge is still scant. Hence the student part."

The halfling grabs the meager club from his belt and holds it near, now that he is up close instead of ranged.

He looked around as much as his eyes would let him in the dim light of the mausoleum.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"So, we need to check the open box? Do we need to see if any of the others are empty?" Perri moves over towards the open sarcophagus, shield in front of him, as he looks around it to see what reveals itself.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

”The longer we are here, the longer we risk upsetting the ancestors of Sandpoint. Whatever it is we are looking for let us find it quickly, I must cleanse myself after this.” The giant woman looks around nervously at the crypt-lined walls, her knuckles white from her own grip around the shaft of her hammer.

Despite her uneasy demeanor and shortened breath, Kano breathes long and deep long enough to calm herself down and look in the open sarcophagus to see if she sees anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

"Vhy vould a necromancer only pervert these two bodies and leave the others to rest?" Verona asked aloud, largely to herself than anyone else present. She theorized it was likely because who ever did was to weak in the dark arts to raise more, but it was entirely possible that was more to it than that. If there was, it was probable that finding out who these reanimated corpses once belonged to would put them in the direction as to what exactly.

With the others already searching the open sarcophagus, Verona's eyes focused on the robes currently dangling in mid-air due to Filona's magic. Although Verona wasn't entirely sure of Sonas' hunch that the robes belonged to someone of the faith, she didn't see any reason not to at least look at them to see if they were either. "May I?" she asks the Filona softly, already grabbing a hold of the levitating robe and bringing up to her face.

No Action: Making an untrained knowledge roll to identify robes.
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Stowing his surprisingly effective swords away, Daiki nodded at Kano's words. "This resting place has been disturbed by profane undeath, and it would be best to do our task of returning it as swift as possible."

Leaving the analysis of the robes and sarcophagi to those more skilled at such things, Daiki spent some time piling together the bones of the skeletons and generally tidying up the area as best he could. The dead and their resting places deserved respect as much as the living.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

As the party examines the mausoleum a few things immediately become rather clear. Firstly, upon examination of the inside of the sarcophagus that should contain the body of the late priest Ezakien Tobyn is completely empty. Second, upon examining the remains of the two skeletons that the party fought Verona is rather certain they are not of a natural origin. The skeletons are far too pristine, leading her to believe that they must have been summoned here. Last is the robe that was discarded in the corner.

After some examination by Filona, she is fairly certain that it was once a robe of bones. It only has a minor lingering aura of necromancy at this point as all of the patches that once adorned the robe have been removed.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Welcome back!

Filona quickly tells Verona to let go of the robe. "It's necromancy!", she explains before telling them what she realized about it.

"Now, why would a bunch of goblins want to temper with the remains of a dead priest? This sounds like a nefarious deed to me", she says grimly. Being uncomfortable in there, she recommends they properly close what was open and talk about it somewhere else. But they had to be sure... "This is the only open sarcophagus, right? No one else's remains were stolen?", she asks with a trembling voice.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"Why would goblins? Why would ANYONE? We'll have to check the other sarcophagi to know for sure. Do we WANT to do that?" The young man is obviously uncomfortable with the idea of further disturbing the tomb.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona looks at Perri with an astonished look on her face. "Do they at least look like they have been touched?", she asks checking the lids. If they were robbed, there would be scratch marks on the stone, she figured.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Survival (track): 1d20 ⇒ 18


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki stepped warily away from the robe which Filona so identified as necromantic. He would leave that to the magic users. Instead, he studied the sarcophagi, just as uncomfortable as Perri seemed to be. "Would goblins have something like this magical robe? There's a lot here that doesn't make sense. If this man's bones are stolen, then there would be a reason. Perhaps the Father knows more?"

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona replies to the ninja saying "I think the captured goblin might. I'll make sure to talk to him".


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki nods in acknowledgement towards the gnome. "That would be a good idea. It's just strange to me - the goblins we fought didn't seem particularly clever. Clearly, there is a lot yet to learn."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas looks at the things laid out before him and thoughts run through his mind. Some of things evil in nature, some of things just plain weird. Bedtime stories for children. He can't put his finger on it, but this seems all quite strange.

"Well, certainly we would have to take a look if these other tombs are untouched. If they've been opened up we would need to know, I will give you that." Sonas says to Filona and Perri.

"Perhaps this is like some stories, a great evil is using some other event as a distraction to hide his or her evil intent. Stealing someone's remains though, makes one wonder what kind of person would steal bones. Together with that robe, one might think of a necromancer or so. Or omeone who wished evil upon the late Ezakien Tobyn."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano’s brow furrows as she struggles to follow much of the conversation, that is until Filona mentions getting the goblin to talk. ”I think we should leave. It is not right for the living to stand in a place of the dead. But at least we finally have a task fit for the mighty Kanotienentha and my hammer. I do not know why this is here, but I can make someone tell you, is that what we want?”


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Examination of the room reveals that none of the other sarcophagi appear to have been disturbed. Filona finds that the only tracks that actually seem to have entered any distance into the mausoleum are those of human-sized boots. There are no other indications of activity present other than those and the signs of presence from the party.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona shivers at Sonas' words. As Kano suggests aggressive interrogation, she says "Maybe, but can we try a friendlier way first? I have a way", with a wink.

But she does leave the tomb, following the mighty woman's wary words. "Guys, I'm only seeing human sized boots... This could mean that it wasn't goblins who messed with Father Tobyn."


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Sorry for my absence. I've been having computer problems recently so I'm not going to be able to post as frequently.

Verona finally pipes up in the discussion when her examination of the destroyed skeletons suddenly gives her a theory. "Ze skeletons. Zey aren't from zis crypt. Look," she says as she points to all to pristine bones, "zey are far to clean to have been raised here, and none of the other sarcophagi have been touched. Zat means that zese skeletons vere likely summoned from elsevhere."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Shocked by Verona and FIlona’s news, Kano says with a hint of a disappointment, ”So the goblins had nothing to do with this? I do not get to hurt the goblin?”

Before pausing briefly to consider what to do next, ”We should go talk to this goblin, we still have no idea what is happening here.”

Kano will wait for everyone but begins to look impatient and ready to move on.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"Repeating the same thing as everybody else, I know. So, in the middle of the goblin attack on Sandpoint, a man came in here, stole the late father's corpse, and left animated skeletons behind just to cause havoc? There's so much wrong with that . . .." He sighs, letting his shield thump on the ground. "We need to tell the sheriff, though. Just not right." He mutters to himself as he shakes his head and starts moving back outside.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Gonna assume you guys want to search out the sheriff so that you can report to him and get access to interrogating the captured goblin.

GM Rolls:

Gather Information: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

It doesn't take long for the group to find the sheriff thanks to Perri knowing who to ask in town. As you approach Belor Hemlock he appears to be talking to a family just outside the door to their home about anything that they may have lost or found during the attack. After a grieving mother tells the tale of a son lost in the struggle, the sheriff can offer little but his sincere condolences before leaving their doorstep and approaching the party.

"This attack was some nasty business," he says gruffly, looking back at the home he just left. "I wish I could say that was the first grieving family that I talked to today or that I even hoped it would be the last. Did the six of you find anything in the crypt? Do you need healing?


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"Well, yeah, we found a couple of things. Man-sized tracks. A used-up magical robe. Animated skeletons. Father Tobyn's casket open and empty, and no, it doesn't seem to have been the source of any of the skeletons. I don't think the skeletons really managed to hurt anyone . . .."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona waits for the sheriff to be done with the family. As he addresses the group, Perri beats her in replying him, but his half baked response made her feel there was an opening for her to talk.

"Well, before we report to you, sheriff", she says angrily, then continues "you have to answer for this attack. Why did you let it happen? Huh? What were your scouts doing? How on Golarion can you and your guards miss a few dozens of goblins marching to town? And what do you plan to do to fix it?", she says where the 'fix' came out in an incredibly high pitched voice. Her hair flew slightly in the air and her voice boomed about the air a little bit. This used to happen around her whenever she got emotional.

Unconsiously cast Prestidigitation and Ghost sound Spell Like abilities.

Later, after calming down, she says "Well, we did find father Tobyn's tomb to be empty. Either someone took his body or animated it. There were signs of necromancy in there. The other sarcophagi didn't seem to be touched, so I would assume their corpses are still there. As Perri said, we didn't find any goblin footprints around the vault, only human sized ones. I don't know if this had any connection with the attack, but if it did, then we would need to be worried. Maybe you should allow me to.... interrogate... a goblin prisoner? Believe me, I have a way with people."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano follows the rest of the party to the sheriff. She is amused initially by the sudden fire Filona displays, but her amusement disappears when her voice booms and the wind whips around her.

”Calm, little one. Theres a place for rage, but it is not when members of the tribe have died. Let us direct that rage at interrogating that monster that attacked our town. She is right though, Sheriff. How did this happen? You should have been prepared for something like this. At the very least can you think of what anyone would want with the shaman, Tobyn’s, body?”

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

"Oh don't worry, I have a plan for the prisoner", Filona says looking mischievous.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas seems quite awed and a bit intimidated by Filona's sudden change of demeanor against the Sheriff.
Uhm... wow... where did that come from? She seemed to be so timid and unassuming. But look at her now, it feels like she's almost a whole different person.

Though a bit taken aback at first, Sonas then speaks up in the defense of the Sheriff, rather smoothing things over than to rub the Sheriff the wrong way.
"I would hardly assume the Sheriff is wholefully to blame for any of this. Some things go on under our noses the whole time, yet no one can see. For us to question the authority the Sheriff has in this, hardly seems our place to do so, or what he should know or not. Even someone with his standing can be caught unawares you know."

Sonas looks to the Sheriff, a hard gleam in his eyes. "Though I agree with them on asking about Father Tobyn's remains. Necromancy is a vile sort of magic and must be dealt with as quickly as possible. Any information you have for us would be very helpful and appreciated."

Sonas looks back at Filona with a quizzical look on his face.
"What did you have in mind? I hope it's only scare tactics and confusion, not actual torture. Right?"

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona looked at Sonas horrified and said "What, no! How could you consider something such as that?" She then put on a very smart face and said "I'm a merchant, you see... Getting people to talk about themselves is some sort of a specialty." It wasn't clear whether she was talking about sweet words or magic.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

As Filona answered in a quick reply and an horrified look on her face, Sonas could only stammer.

"Uhmm.... No I didn't ... mean it like ... that... I just thought you were... I didn't mean to say you were... inclined to that... It's just that you were suddenly showing a much more fierceful side of yourself. I could not have guessed your thoughts at all."

Sonas looks red, his face pretty flushed due to him being uncomfortable.
Well that didn't go like I wanted. Sonas you dolt, why can't you form coherent sentences sometimes.

Sonas looks up from his sudden shame and stares to the ground and looks back at Filona.
"At least you're good with words. I am not for sure."


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona looked on at the very awkward and flustered expression of Sonas' face with a puzzled frown. "Are you ill, Sonas," she asked, earnestly confused as to why the halfling was suddenly red. "Your face is taut and turning red. Such signs can be herald an approaching fever. Are you experiencing a headache? A faster heart rate? Do you feel hotter than usual?" she clinically asks the halfing, already approaching to check his temperature herself.

It was clear the healer was not well-versed in the dynamics of awkward conversations, Filona's sudden outburst and Sonas' reaction to having entirely going over her head.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"After your unreasoned and angry accusations against the sheriff, your phrasing suggested EXACTLY the kinds of activities Sonas challenged you on. Right now you are not sounding like someone I want to know, let alone work with." Perri doesn't sound very happy with Filona, but he isn't yelling, being angry, or otherwise trying to establish dominance . . ..

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona looked at Sonas empathetically, but Perri talked before she could reply. She looked at the armored man a little scared and said trying to sound dismissing, yet failing to speak without a trembling voice "Well, I realize now that I need to be more careful with what I say near armored people, you sure have some scary thoughts."

She turned to sheriff Hemlock and said "Do you mind if we talk to a prinsoner?"


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kano appears quizzical as she tries to follow the conversation. ”We will not hurt the goblin?” she asks with her head cocked sideways.

”Forgive me I am still getting use to this place. This goblin and his kind killed countless people in town. He knows why this happened, but we will not force this information out of him? I can not hit him?”

She looks pleadingly at the rest of the group, before continuing. ”Where I come from, life does not stop pummeling you. Sometimes you must respond in a similar manner, but I will hang back and let you take the lead, but let it be known that Kanotienentha can still hurt goblins.”

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona was a little frightened of saying no to Kano, but she tried nonetheless "In this part of the world we don't do that". She paused half expecting Kano to smack her in the head. Then she continued, partly to discourage the physical reply. "You were quite impressive when they attacked. I.... was not. But now, I think I can be more helpful. Goblins aren't particularly bright, and it will be easier to make them talk more than they want than to hit them. I hope I can help you get violence out of your head. All your heads", she finished looking meaningfully to Sonas and Perri.

Where's my favorite ninja btw?


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas looks even more flustered as Verona asks him if he's having a fever or if he's sick and approaching him to feel his temperature.
"No... not a fever... faster heart rate yeah,... but that's not because I'm sick..."

When Verona does lay a hand on his forehead to feel his temperature. Sonas sighs loudly and remarks: "You've never experienced an awkward situation before have you?" He mentions resigned to his fate.

When he is eventually dismissed (hopefully) as being fine, Sonas gathers himself again and looks to Filona. "I'm not a violent person at all, that's why I hoped your methods didn't involve any of the sort. I'm glad to hear that you're not that kind of person."


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Keeping his cool and waiting for a chance to break into the conversation, the sheriff raises an eyebrow at Filona.

"You've got fire, I'll give you that," he says to Filona. "We try our best to stay prepared for goblins attacking the town in small ways, though usually they never make it past the farms. This time was different. They were organized—and if you know anything about goblins that should scare you."
"As for speaking with the prisoner, I'd be happy to let you take a crack at it," he says before lightly shaking his head. "Can't say you'll have much luck, though. Hope you know how to speak goblin."

He leads the party when they're ready back to the garrison. The goblin is tied to a medium-sized chair with rope and its hands are manacled behind it. For the moment the goblin is gagged, but the sheriff assures the party that it will be removed when they start asking questions.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona asks the goblin "Can you understand me?" It was important for them to be able to communicate, and she could definitely not speak goblin.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona gave the halfling an apologetic look as she backed away, having realized her error. "My apologies, Sonas, she says before quickly adding, "You are right zat I'm not entirely flaunt in vocial manners. I find zem... difficult to understand at times. Still, I am sorry for the unnecessary invasion."

Wanting to getting away from that faux pas, Verona hurried along with the others as the sheriff took them to the garrison. There, Verona looked at the captured goblin with an analytical eye. For a captive he didn't look to be too badly injured, which given the group's recent disrupt over torture, she was happy to see. After all, goblins, and all life in general, didn't deserve that.

"I can converse in Goblin if needed," she says somewhat anxiously, as it becomes clear that Filona cannot.

Though the witch was capable of speaking the language, she wanted to let Filona or any of the others do the talking if possible. If her misunderstanding with Sonas as any indication if it was obvious that she wouldn't be a great choice for leading the goblin captive's interrogation.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki watched the conversation between Filona and the others apprehensively. He understood the implications, and he had seen the necessity of those actions in his time as a ward. But truth be told, he had never been quite comfortable with it, and he was glad that it wasn't coming to that. He was handy with his his swords, but he had no desire to use them for torture.

"If tricks and wordplay are what's needed, then I can certainly be of some assistance. I've had to do my fair share of...bluffing, in my time. And I can't imagine this goblin is the most intelligent."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Kanotientha followed the group.to where the goblin was being held. Perhaps it was the many days alone on the road or perhaps she missed her family but whatever it was the giant woman stayed silent, lost in thought; allowing Filona to take the lead.

She knew how the others perceived her words but she meant what she said about playing nice, resigning herself to stand in the corner, her earthbreaker hefted easily across her shoulders, her face a grim affair, emphasizing the foreboding tattoos and scars covering her body; in short she looked as scary as possible should her stature be used as a bargaining tool by the flighty gnome.

201 to 250 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SUPER RUNELORDS All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.