SUPER RUNELORDS

Game Master Arrannai

Maps | Loot


151 to 200 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Laying in his bed after the disbanding of the group, Daiki thought on the events of the day. The arrival of the goblins had been wholly unexpected, as was his own rapid response. Truth be told, he had no real sense of obligation to the town. However, the thought of letting such a place fall victim to flames and chaos - a place that Lord Kiguchi had called home - was unthinkable. He wanted to learn more about it, and the people. Perhaps he would be able to call this place his new home as well. It didn't hurt that taking care of the invading goblins had been the first time he felt like he had a real purpose since he left Minkai. Being able to do some good in this town honored the memory of his companions, and that was good enough for now.

Waking early in the morning as was his usual, Daiki spent a good deal of time stretching out before heading down for breakfast. Today he wore a shorter version of his tanuki mask, allowing space for eating. Although it was hard to see, his eyes grew as wide as his stomach with delight upon seeing the food choice. "It's like I never left home." he said delightfully, savoring the miso soup. There hadn't been any decent cooks on the journey here, and he wasn't going to let go of the chance any sooner than he had to. Only after finishing the food and thanking Ameiko did he notice the sheriff talking to members of the group. "Good morning, I hope you all slept well." he said as he approached. "Did the sheriff say anything specific about the job? I wonder what it could be." Responding to Kano's later arrival he remarked "I do not see a reason that we cannot see both the sheriff and the fortune teller this day. Efficiency is always a good practice. Out of curiosity, are there many giants in the area? And what is the source of your hatred towards them? I do not know much about them, especially here."


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Perri was forced to excuse himself fairly early the night before, walking home to his parents' farm. Hugging and kissing everyone he found there, all happy, healthy and safe.

He removed his gear and gave it a proper cleaning before letting himself bed down for the night. As he started to doze, he found himself slipping and falling, with a goblin standing over him. Over and over again. Almost jumping out of his bed, he looked around him, and all that was there was a peaceful home, filled with sleeping people who love each other. He laid back down and thought of his friends, the women he always teases, the other happy people in Sandpoint that he saw after the fight, even the strangers he fought beside today, and the warmth of those relationships, old and new, the sense of belonging, calmed him and helped him ease into a better, more natural sleep.

He woke with a start, and went about his share of morning chores. Once he had completed those, he was ready to consider the day. As he was tearing into his share of breakfast, "Ma? Gonna head back into town and introduce the people I met yesterday to Madame Mvashti. She asked to meet them." She told him to arm up, since there were goblins about. "Yes'um."

He walks into the Rusty Dragon near two hours after sunrise.

"Hey! So, what's the plan?"


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona did not stay overlong at the tavern. When the party finally dispersed from the Rusty Dragon to their own homes and abodes she was one of the first to do so, quickly making her way Hannah's. The two talked long into the night there. About the goblin attack, Aldern's leers, her impending Harrow reading, and finally about a certain kiss.

When morning finally retook the skies, Verona rose with the dawn and joined Hannah in their routine of gathering herbs in the small backyard garden that laid behind the practice. When that was done the herbalist bid Hannah a sad farewell, though a part of her desperately wanted to stay with her. A dozen excuses to do just that came to her mind, but ultimately she chose to go to the Rusty Dragon knowing that it probably meant more misadventures with people she still considered near strangers.

Arriving at the tavern in her herbalist attire and carrying her staff and belt pouch filled with minor curatives, Verona stepped through the portal into its main hall ready for whatever fate had in mind for her. Almost immediately she spied those who had fought beside her during the goblin raid. Hearing them all talk of the town sheriff and Mvashti, Verona added her voice to the discussion. "Vhould ve not vpeak vith the sheriff first before veeking our readings?" she asks softly. "He may know vomething of the goblin attack and need our assistance. Could he not?"


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Although Sonas is taking things lightly out in the open as he looks to see the bright side of things, at night his dreams are plagued by singing goblins and dogs yelping in pain.

It is this reason that he wakes up later than usual and also later than any of the others. He rubs his eyes first to get the sleep out of them and then holds a hand on his forehead.
Owww... I think I've slept too deep. I need breakfast to get me over this headache.

Sonas makes his way down the stairs in the Rusty Dragon and asks Ameiko: "Can I have your best remedy for a non-alcoholic hangover? To get rid of my deep sleep hangover..."

As Sonas turned around with his bowl of miso soup and some rice with fish, he saw the others discussing something.
He sat down at a table close to them to begin his breakfast.
"Mornin' all! What's the discussion all about?"

The halfling listened closely as Filona told the story that the Sheriff was looking for them.
"Oh wow! I'd say that I agree with miss Verona. Going to the Sheriff would seem more urgent than getting a Harrow reading from Madame Mvashti."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona replied Kano wincing "This is more heavy than I desire. I'm not known for my might, you know", realizing all too well that this wasn't a proper answer.

Later, when all the group had gathered, she agreed with Verona and Sonas, especially since she had no intention of getting a reading from a seer.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Caught slightly off guard by the group’s reactions to her comments, Kano voices her concern. ”It is a great disrespect to keep an elder of your tribe waiting. But I will follow where we all decide to go. I only meant to make it known that I would like to see this seer at some point today please.”


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas looks to Kano and says with a cheer in his voice.
"Oh, but I'm all for that as well Kano. I'd like to see her as well. Only... seeing as the Sheriff handles matter of security, right after a goblin attack, this seems more pressing than a seer reading our Harrow for our own interests."


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

With the group mostly decided on what to do next (and decidedly full of good food), the six of you venture off to find the Sheriff. According to Ameiko he is at the chapel with Father Zantus because of some trouble in the Sandpoint Boneyard. While you're all on your way across town there are a few cheers from the townsfolk, Alma Alvertin offers Sonas a free loaf of bread, Savah Bevaniky offers a discount on her armaments when you all have a chance to swing by and some of you hear whispered rumors about Perri Perrun being "available".

The Sheriff is waiting for you outside the chapel, and after a moment of hearing another concerned citizen he turns to address the party. "Thanks for the help yesterday," he says, taking a moment to look at each of you in turn. "I've gotten a request from Father Zantus to check on a burial vault that's door is hanging ajar. If it weren't for the attack yesterday I'd say he was being paranoid, but with things as they are I can't say no."


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Walking to find the Sheriff, Daiki was unsure how to feel about the cheers and attention the group garnered from the people of Sandpoint. He had been used to working mostly secretly in Minkai, so receiving public adoration, no matter how small, made him feel uneasy. He waved and offered small greetings as others in the party did, for it seemed rude not to, but he was glad to have his mask on regardless.

Hearing the Sheriff's request did little to assuage his uneasiness. "Breaking into the house of the dead is not right. Who, or what, is buried there, if I may ask?"


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

Earlier

Perri assures the others that Madame Mvashti recognizes the authority of the Sheriff, and should easily accept that the group answered his summons first.

Now

"Well, if the door's hanging open, I don't think it counts as breaking in, plus, the appropriate authorities are asking us to do it. But, yeah, walking into a tomb? Ehhh." Perri looks uncomfortable with the idea as well. "But, if that's where you need us, Sheriff, then that's where we should be." He hesitates and gives the Sheriff an almost pleading look. "Are you sure that's where you need us?"


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

As the party moved out to Sandpoint's church, Verona heard the scattered cheers from the greeting townsfolk. The cheering was utterly bizarre to the changeling, having been so accustomed to the exact opposite in Ustalav. Not sure what to do, but strangely feeling bold after last night, she awkwardly waved to the townsfolk.

When they finally arrived at the chapel though, the sheriff's mention of the burial violation immediately set her on edge. Grabbing at her Pharasmite pendant and clutching it tightly, Verona told the group of her experience with such things. "Father Zanthus is vise to be so vorried. Violating ze final resting place of the dead is more than vimply blasphemous. It is dangerous to all the living. In Ustalav, my homeland, vuch acts almost always lead to the creation of undead. We would do well to investigate the burial before vomething monstrous vteps out of it."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Walking with the party shot group, Filona was sure the cheers were for the others, she didn't feel very glorious. However, she pretended to be very important.

At the chapel, Filona told the sheriff. "We need to have a little talk after this." Although there was a menacing tone in her voice, it was hard to feel intimidated by this innocent looking blond gnome. Still, she pulled out her crossbow and walked behind Kano towards the vault door.

At Verona's words, Filona's mean face faltered. She stayed silent from then on.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Coming from a nomadic lifestyle in the Cinderlands, Kano was not use to so many people standing around and gawking at her. Do they not have places to be? Are they contributing to the village at all?, she thought as she looked at how uncomfortable most of the others with her were as well.

After hearing the Sheriff’s request, her face falls with the rest of the group. ”It is to invite bad fortune when the dead are disturbed. I do not feel comfortable walking where someone’s spirit has moved Beyond” But then she felt Filona brush up against her leg again, realizing that some rely on her now, she steels herself and begins walking in with the rest of the group.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Responding to Daiki, Sheriff Hemlock looks uncomfortable. "This particular tomb belongs to the late Ezakien Tobyn, our former faith leader and one of the victims of the Late Unpleasantness. He died with his foster daughter in the blaze that destroyed the previous chapel."

Perri's question brightens the sheriff's mood ever so slightly. "I appreciate the concern, Perrun, but I'd like to see what you and these outsiders have in you before I give you bigger jobs."

"While I understand the concerns about disturbing the dead, Father Zantus seems to share the concern of our friend from Ustalav here," the sheriff says, nodding to Verona. "He worries that if the goblins disturbed any remains in the attack they may be taken by malevolent spirits."

To Filona's harsh-sounding words he gives a slight frown, but nods. "We can speak about any concern you have after this is over."


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

As the group walked down the streets
Sonas is also a bit taken aback by all the thanks and gratitude people are spilling onto the group. He gladly took the loaf of bread and replied with a slightly confused voice.
"Uhm. Thank you. Thank you very much... No, no, it was not too much trouble...It's... I'm not... a hero."

Sonas mumbled to himself under the lavish praise of the townsfolk of Sandpoint.
It's not that we did something that strange did we? The group protects its own.

Sonas absent-mindedly took a bit out of the loaf as they went along. He smiled at people, though a bit weakly.

At the chapel.
Sonas, still munching on pieces of the loaf of bread as a distraction, listened in as the others came with questions. About a quarter of the loaf was already gone with small plucks of bread and crust each time.
"If there are still goblins present we will drive them out Father Zantus. If by some misfortune there are evil spirits, I think I could drive some of them out. I was taught such things before, though I'm still an apprentice in those things."


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

"We may not be breaking, but we are still entering. But I suppose," Daiki says, sighing in resignation. "Better us than those goblins." He was slightly comforted by the hesitation from others in the group, but both the Sheriff and Verona made valid points. He "I don't know how well my swords will do against spirits, but I will do what I am able. Is there anything for us non-magically trained folks you might recommend, Sonas, Sheriff?"


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

"So ve are decided zan?" Verona asks the group, eager for for them to be on their way, but unsure whether everyone is quite on board yet. Fighting undead was no easy thing, the creatures sometimes literally being able to chill the blood, but Verona knew it was better they they disturb the vault than necromancers.

"Holy vater," she tells the obviously apprehensive Daiki. "Ze undead are vulnerable to gods-blessed vater." Not having any herself, Verona turned to the sheriff in the off chance that Father Zanthus had left him some or he knew where they could find some vials in the chapel. "Did Father Zanthus leave any vials for us?"

Sorry should have done in this earlier but here's Verona selected spells for the day.

Prepared Spells:

1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
0 (At Will)—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"The rule is simple enough. For as long as you can, hide behind me. That's why I lug this wall everywhere. We'll probably need a light one way or the other, though."


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki nodded towards Verona. "This is about more than individual hesitations it seems, so yes, I will come. Although, I wouldn't mind some holy water, if there does happen to be some lying around. Makes for a good distraction as I stab and slash them back to death. "

Turning to Perri, Daiki gives a sly smile. "Although, you and that big wall make an even better one, if all goes well." Daiki thumbed his sword hilts in nervous anticipation. Hopefully it did go well, and they would not need to be in there too long.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

”Well it appears that our sense of duty has outweighed our hesitancy, although it is a shame that we do not have anyone from the Skoan-Quah here; their knowledge of fighting undeath is unparalleled. It looks as though it is up to us though, come Perri Purrun, I will stand next to you.”

The giant woman nods solemnly, her knuckles gripping her earthbreaker tightly before taking her stand next to Perri and walking in.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona looks at everyone talking and adds "Yet we don't even know if there are undead there", with a feeling of dread. "There are probably just goblin that hid in there. That's better than undead right?" She didn't feel as confident as she sounded.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

"I see you're all pretty well-suited for investigation the way you ask questions," the sheriff says lightly. "He didn't pass on any holy water, I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll be able to handle any threats between the six of you. It is probably just a goblin or two, after all."

He leads the group to the fence into the Sandpoint Boneyard. He points to the mausoleum that houses the former priest's body. You can see from here that the door is in fact ajar, though from where you are you can't see into it. The building is only a twenty foot by twenty foot structure with the rest of the town's dead being buried in individual graves all around.

"I've got a few things to go check up on in town from here. Check in with the father when you're done, if you would," he says. You can all hear the exhaustion in his voice, and after a few moments of staring at the mausoleum, he heads off back to some other part of town.

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona, still staying close to Kano's leg, readies her crossbow, albeit very clumsily. Despite being scared, she follows the group to the mausoleum. "Are there any tracks?" she asks with her voice trembling.

Cue music


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"Good question. Glad you asked before I just tromped over there. Can anybody tell if there are tracks?"


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

As the group headed to the mausoleum, Verona first made a silent prayer to the Lady of Graves to apologize for the intrusion. Though their intentions were noble, it is was still unseemly to disturb the home of the dead. Second, she focused her mind and see if any magic, particularly o the necromatic kind, had been cast at or around the mausoleum.

"I cannot track as a ranger can, but I may be able to detect the presence of magic here," she tells Perri.

Casting Detect Magic to see if there's any magical auras near or within the mausoleum. The range of the detection is 60 ft.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas tests the bowstring of his longbow. Satisfied with its working condition he grabs an arrow ahead of the group moving in.

"Let's take care of a ghost or goblin. We don't know what it is yet, but it will put the minds of the townsfolk of Sandpoint at ease. That at least, after everything of yesterday, should prove a welcome relief."

Sonas patiently waits for Verona to finish her spellcasting and goes in with the others in the second row.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

"I hope that you are right about that, sheriff." Daiki says before joining the rest closer to the entrance. He wasn't sure what Verona needed to do her magic, so he made sure to give ample space. He scanned the ground in front of the tomb, trying to see any helpful sign of what was going on. "I wonder what goblins would even want with a crypt. As Sonas says, better we find out than visiting townsfolk."


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Verona spots just one magical aura coming from the inside of the mausoleum. It is an aura of moderate necromancy, though that is all she can get without seeing it first hand. There are some tracks coming from in and out of the mausoleum, though there are enough sets that it would take some skill to be able to discern anything about them.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Yep, we don't have a tracker in the party. I suppose we'll have to face check the tomb. I'm not going in first, though

Filona gulps and points her crossbow to the tomb's entrance.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki will gesture towards Perri with a slight wave of the hand. "After you, Mr. Wall, sir.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Verona's eyes rose in alarm as her divination finally finished and revealed the presence necromantic energies. "Be on your guard," she warns the group, her hands clutching her Pharasmite pendant tightly. "I feel ze miasma of necromancy in ze air. It's moderate, but its presence likely means the vorst."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

”Aye, Verona of the Wilds” Kano nods before taking her place next to Perri, readying herself for whatever is waiting for them in tomb.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

One foot at a time. Just move one, then move the other. Soon, you'll be walking right through that door. C'mon, somebody's got to try to keep these goobers breathing . . ..

Perri looks around at his companions, like he's thinking about saying something, but he shifts his weight and goes to pull the door to the tomb open wide enough for him to enter, doing so if there's no obvious reason not to (like it is still too dark for his puny human eyes).

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona decided that some light might be helpful. Reaching her natural gnome magic, she calls four light fairies inside the tomb providing light.

Cast Spell like ability: Dancing lights


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas looks into the tomb as the lights Filona cast popped into being.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Sonas isn't the most reliable watchman, but he has his moments. Hopefully he just sees a goblin.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

The light reveals to the party a pair of pristine looking human skeletons standing in the crypt, staring directly at Perri as he approaches with their hollow eyes.

Initiative:

Daiki: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Filona: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Kano: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Perri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Sonas: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Verona: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Skeletons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Not going to bother with a map for this one, it's not part of of a larger thing.

Skeleton 1:

Attack (claws): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Skeleton 2:

Attack (claws): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Both skeletons rush forward at Perri, clawing at his massive shield ineffectually.

The Desecrated Vault—Round One

Initiative Order
Skeletons
→Everyone Else

Everyone is up!


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki nodded appreciatively at Perri. "Good wall. Now, stay right there." Crouching low to the ground, Daiki attempted to skirt past the undead creatures to get behind them.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Managing to find his way through empty space between bones, he turned and struck out at one of them.

Attack on Skeleton #1: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Move action: Move to flank one of the skeletons
Standard: Attack with wakizashi

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Cool move Yamatori

@DM: Are the Skeletons spoilers something we're supposed to look at or is it just DM's screen?

Filona lets out a yelp as the skeletons charge. With her somersault she ended up squeezing the crossbow trigger in her hand while clumsily aiming at the general direction of the skeletons. It was even harder to hit as they were moving targets.

Shoot into melee: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

They're just dice rolls, most of the time. If you spoiler your dice rolls they don't seem to change on edits.

Daiki passes between the skeletons and attacks one from behind. He finds purchase against the creature's spine just above its pelvis, severing it and felling the undead horror.
Skeleton 1 is dead!

Filona's bolt misses its mark, streaking past the remaining skeleton and bouncing off the stone further into the mausoleum.


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"What in the name of . . .." Perri is simply flabbergasted at the sight of the skeletons, but his training kicks in and he goes to simplify the situation even further than Yamatori already has.

Battleaxe w/ TS: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 = 17 Yeah, no Know: Religion, no instructions, and no experience, so . . ..
Slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Which is effectively none, IIRC

"How did that not . . .?"


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

None stand from the force of a mountain!!!! Kano screams while hefting the earthbreaker over her head and bringing it crashing down on the skeleton still in front of them.

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

"Pharasma's throne!" Verona utters. It wasn't the first time she'd seen the walking dead, but even so, the sight of the skeletal creatures still sent a chill down her spine.

Knowing that her crossbow would do little good with so many allies in her field of sight, Verona took the riskier play and moved through the crowd to reach the skeleton, doing her best to avoid the skeleton's bone-white grasp as she moved. Whether she avoided it's claws or not, Verona made to the skeleton's side and tried to concentrate pure life energy into it in the hope of disrupting the necromancy that held the undead's bones together.

Move Action: Moving to flank Skeleton #2 with Perri.
Standard Action: Using Healing Hex on Skeleton #2 to hit them with positive energy damage. It's a melee touch attack.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Melee Touch Attack: 1d20 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 2 = 18
Healing Hex Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Don't think Sonas has encountered many skeletons as of yet, so he makes the same mistake as Perri

"Back off skeleton, we will smite thee back into thine grave!" Sonas calls out, seemingly finding this a bit funny.
"It's something out of old stories." He remarks as he draws weird looks from the others.

Sonas fires one arrow from his longbow at the remaining skeleton.
Single Shot, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 101d6 ⇒ 5


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Skeleton 2 Save v. hex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Perri's axe strikes the skeleton but seems to be entirely ineffectual. Kano brings down her earthbreaker but just barely misses the remaining foe. Verona touches the skeleton and delivers a mote of positive energy, though the undead creature seems to shrug off a great bit of it. Sonas takes a shot with his shortbow but misses the bones of his target.
Skeleton 2 takes 3 positive damage.

The Desecrated Vault—Round Two

Skeleton 2:

Claws: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Claws: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The skeleton, even in its non-intelligence, immediately takes notice to being attacked with positive energy. Whipping to the source of its anathema, it lashes out with a pair of pristine skeletal hands. One of the hands connects, and the bones rake across Verona's shoulder.
Verona takes 5 slashing damage.

Initiative Order
Skeleton 2 (-3 HP)
→Everyone Else (Verona -5 HP)

Everyone is up!


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Thinking that her healing would destroy the skeleton outright, Verona was caught by surprised when the creature swiftly reacted and slashed her shoulder. With her shoulder bleeding profusely, the healer reflectively put a hand to it and tried to mend the damage.

Standard Action: Using Healing Hex on Verona. She can't use the Hex on herself for the next 24 hours.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


M Human (Varisian) Paladin (Sacred Shield/Warrior of the Holy Light) 1 | HP: 12/12 | AC: 21, T: 11, FF: 20) | CMB: +3, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 20ft | Bastion of Good: 1/1 | Spells: Detect Evil | Active conditions: None

"I told you to stay behind me!" Perri lashes out at the skeleton, again, hoping to be more effective . . ..

Battleaxe w/ TS: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 2 = 21
Slashing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Battleaxe confirm? w/ TS: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 2 = 13
Slashing: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

Dang, probably does not confirm, which means no effective damage . . ..


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Watching the rest of the party have a difficult time dealing with the second skeleton, Daiki was flabbergasted at how he managed to seemingly destroy the first one in a single blow. Surely a battle axe or hammer would have done just as much. Or maybe his training was finally paying off. Stepping a bit to get behind the second skeleton, Daiki tested his ideas by swinging again at the abomination of bones.

Five foot step behind skeleton #2 to flank with Kano, then full-round

Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Perri, aren't you flanking?

Filona looks to be concentrated on the task at hand, which is to load and fire the crossbow. She didn't mind that she was particularly bad at it.

Shooting into melee: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (14) - 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Seeing blood splatter across her hammer, Kano turned briefly to see Verona tending her wounds. ”You do not hurt Verona of the Wilds. It will be the last thing you do.”

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Perri is flanking, though unfortunately a 15 will not confirm a crit against the skeleton.

Perri lands another ineffectual blow against the skeleton, fairly certain at this point that the bones will deflect the majority of damage from any slashing or piercing attack.

Daiki lashes out with both of his weapons to no avail, the remaining skeleton completely avoiding the attacks.

Filona's crossbow bolt fires off into the mausoleum, hitting stone somewhere behind the skeleton that she cannot see.

Kano takes another swing with her earthbreaker to no avail, the remaining skeleton seeming to dodge every blow coming at it with unnatural grace.

Sonas is up!

151 to 200 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SUPER RUNELORDS All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.