SUPER RUNELORDS

Game Master Arrannai

Maps | Loot


251 to 300 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona told Verona "Let me try talking to him. If that doesn't work, I'll ask for your help. Turning to the goblin, she confided in a low voice [b]"I agree with you, us small people need to join against those longshanks. How about you tell me everything about the goblin's plan, so I can help you from the inside?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas exhales a bit as Verona pulls away again. "No worries there Verona. No harm, no foul."

Sonas stands around Perri and Verona as Filona tries to speak with the captured goblin he had helped capture.

Though not hearing much of the conversation, Sonas is pretty anxious to see how much sway Filona is able to have on a goblin. Perhaps they could still get some information out of him... her.... it... difficult with goblins actually with the untrained eye.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

The goblin's gag is removed (a sizable bit of cloth due to the width of its maw) and its eyes dart about the room nervously. Listening intently to Filona's words, the creature nods.

"I speak longshank long-talk," the goblin responds in a low yet shrill voice. "Are you another outsider working with Warchief Ripnugget? Only plan I know is coming into town and setting longshank houses on fire."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona smiles briefly at her success. She says excitedly "Yes! I am working with him. But he didn't tell me about the other outsiders. How are they? Scary? Ugly? Do they look like that large woman over there?", pointing discreetly at Kano.

After hearing the goblin's reply, she says "Where can I find the warchief? It's been too long since I've talked to him and need to get more orders. Power to the goblins!", unsure of whether that was a reasonable war cry.

Afterwards, Filona asked what was really bugging her. "How did you get in the city? How did you get past the guard?"

If the goblin starts to become unhelpful:

Cast Hypnotism. DC 16, goblin rolls with a -2 penalty since it only affects 1 creature outside of combat. Request: Answer until I'm satisfied


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

The goblin stares quizzically for a moment at Filoa's barrage of questions. "Not sure what they were like," the goblin says about as quietly as it can. Which is to say not that quiet. "Longshanks all looks silly to me. One has a big shield. There's a furry one with a string of elf ears around his neck. Warchief Ripnugget? He's in the same place as always! Thistletop."

GM Rolls:

will save: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 1 - 2 = 12

Seemingly not sure what to say about the rest, the goblin shifts uneasily. Filona casts a spell on the creature and it begins to stare blankly at her. She says a few words to the goblin before it breaks out of its stupor, and afterwards it begins talking as if it hadn't stopped at all before.

"Two of the longshanks working with Ripnugget are from Sandpoint. They told us all about how we could get in town without the guards catching us."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

A little surprised at the last revelation, Filona effortfully hid her anger. She continued "Oh, how can I find these two? I have to thank them somehow."

After hearing the reply, she added "Well, I didn't know about a way to get in without them noticing. That was really smart of you! Tell me so I can get smarter too!"


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

"Not sure where they are," the goblin says, fidgeting in its seat. "Many tribes work together on this attack. I don't keep track of where they all live."

After Filona's follow up, the goblin scoffs and lets out a devilish chuckle. "Stupid longshanks never notice anything. Eyes and ears don't work right. Our first group came up beach of shinies, then everyone else attacked from every way in at the same time."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

I ran out of ideas. Maybe it's time we move on from here?

Seeing that the goblin is at his wits' end, Filona thinks she'll get nothing else out of him. She gets up and tells the guard "Treat and feed him well" and places a silver piece in his hand. She winks at the goblin, effectively ending her spell.

Walking out with the group, the gnome shares with them what the goblin told her. "What now?", she asks. "Anyone care to point a finger towards a 'beach of shinies'?", she continues.

Removing 1 silver piece


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Knowledge (local) DC 10:

'Beach of shinies' could only be Junk Beach. Everyone in town dumps their trash there, so it would be easy for goblins to sneak up and scavenge from there or spy on townsfolk.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Once they are outside of the cell and away from the goblin. ”HAHAHAHA!” Kano slaps Filona on the back grinning wildly. ”That was impressive Filona Fiorde. I see what you all meant when you said there are other ways then violence. HAHAHA, his face when you made him look at me. Wonderful.”

The large woman lets out an even larger sigh after her fit of laughter. ”Well I know nothing about this beach of shinies, I am more interested in this Thistletop. It is where their chieftan is yes? Perhaps we pay him a visit and I would do things my way?” she finishes her sentence with an even larger grin then before.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona blushes a deep red from Kano's reaction. "Maybe we can talk to him too?", she said in a low voice.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Knowledge Local DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Dooh... Sonas knows nothing.....

"Impressive indeed. Though I could not overhear everything you and the goblin spoke of, but he seemed very forthcoming with you. What exactly did you tell him?"

Sonas asks with a curious look in his eyes.

Hoping Filona would elaborate a bit on what she heard. If so.
"Beach of shinies doesn't ring a bell, but I would say it's quite something that two of Sandpoint's residents are helping the goblins attack the town. They are equally responsible for any deaths and wounded people in Sandpoint as the goblins are. Maybe we could find them first?"


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Untrained, Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

While Verona may not have wanted to do the interrogating it didn't mean wasn't attentive. The witch searched her memories for anything that could come close to describing a 'beach of shinies' and eventually recalled Hannah complaining about the massive health hazard that was Sandpoint's town dump.

"Junk Beach," she says, certain that that's the answer. "Ze goblin vas speaking of Junk Beach, ze town dump. No one spends much time zere so ze goblins could have easily hide vithin ze vastes to await for zeir attack. I could lead us zere. Perhaps zere may be clues zere.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Daiki smiles at Filona as they exit. "The mover of mountains is indeed correct. You did a wonderful job in there. I am quite impressed."

"As for what we do next - I rather agree with Kano. Thistletop seems to be the end goal here. Perhaps in finding the Sandpoint natives, or other clues at this Junk Beach, we may obtain more valuable information about what else is going on, before rushing into a hideout. At which point, I could attempt to do some reconnaissance - I have some skill in infiltration, after all."

Depending on what we find about the people involved in town and so on, this may change, but I think it would be fun to try to disguise/bluff the way into Thistletop. Classic "I'm a guard and these are my prisoners" case. But maybe that's something to address later."

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

@Daiki: Ooh ooh, can I be the prisoner? I'll cosplay as chewbacca

Filona is happy to see the others are telling her she did well in the interrogation. When thinking of the next step, she asks "But who can the traitors be? We have no clue about that?"

Then talking in a really low voice, nearly whispering she says "It could be the sheriff", while looking sideways. She continues wondering "But I'm not sure I'm keen on wandering on a beach of junk."


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

”Well wherever we go, let us tell no one. It seems as thought natives of Sandpoint,” The large woman tries hard not to look at those around her that have grown up around Sandpoint, but fails to do so. She stares blankly at those she knows have lived around the area,”are not to be trusted at this moment.”

Silence fills the air before a deep breath from the gigantic woman breaks the tension. ”Let us continue looking for whoever is behind this. If we think the beach can lead us there, let us go there but eventually we must contend with whatever stays at this Thistletop.”

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Unconsciously Filona gets close to Kano's leg and follows her wherever the mountain of a woman goes.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas looks a bit sullen at Kano's harsh words about the native Sandpoint residents, his demeanor shifted as someone told him that no one is to be trusted. In Sonas's mind this couldn't be true and he wracked his brain to find a way out of this.

That's not true, many of the people here are fine folk, only two people of whom the goblin called Longshanks were bad. Wouldn't that mean that smallfolk and children would be safe? And what did that goblin say of the Longshanks? Something about a... a... Shield?

As the group marches off towards the Junk Beach, Sonas tugs at Kano's arm.
"I think you're quite wrong with saying that nobody could be trusted in Sandpoint. Smallfolk such as Filona and I could be trusted, we're not Longshanks. Same goes for children I would assume. There was also something mentioned about two Longshanks, one armed with a big shield, the other with fur and a necklace of elven ears. We know those can't be trusted, doesn't that mean we have to be only really careful around people that fit that description?"

One didn't need to be very observant or a careful listener to hear the hope in Sonas's voice.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona looks confused at Sonas' words. "I think he meant the outsiders fit that description, not the traitors. I think the goblin didn't know who they were."


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Would the party like to:
-Investigate Junk Beach?
-Gather information about Thistletop?
-Wait out until evening to go to the play?
-Something else?
Just wanna move things along without entirely deciding what the group is doing for you.


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

”You speak some truth Sonas Adhello. You fought the goblins yourself. But until we know who these traitors are for certain, I would suggest making sure that you are not caught unaware when your friends and neighbors may turn out to be in league with these monsters.”

She huffs, indicating that she is done talking, and seeks to acts.

”I will go where we decide, if we are not ready to find this Thistletop yet, let us investigate what we can here in Sandpoint.”

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona, not wanting to call the shots, tries to suggest a little unsure "We should go to the junk beach first." Trying to stay positive, she says "Maybe I'll find something useful to put together into a new contraption." Looking at the others, she waits to see their reaction.

Has anyone seen Perri?


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

"Too dangerous," Verona thought aloud, perhaps more to herself that the others. "Ze captive said zat ze goblin tribes had united to make zeir attack, da? If that's ze case, than it vould behoove us to learn more of Thistletop and its numbers zat may lurk there now, no?"

The changeling turned to look at Filona as if you signal that she agreed with the gnome. "Ze Junk Beach could be where ve learn more." With that said, Verona shrugged. She was a doctor, not an investigator, that this was all decidedly about of her expertise. If anyone had a better idea she was more than willing to go somewhere else.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Initiative (Daiki): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Initiative (Filona): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Initiative (Kano): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Initiative (Perri): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Initiative (Sonas): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Initiative (Verona): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Initiative (Commando): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Initiative (Outrider): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Initiative (Sneak): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Initiative (Warriors): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Moving along to Junker’s Edge since it has been over 24 hours and we’ve got a 2:1 ratio on location choice.

The party makes their way to Junker’s Edge, which is, as with all locations in Sandpoint, not a very long walk. Upon reaching the beach (and carefully climbing down the short cliff leading to the beach), you immediately spot a group of five goblins rummaging through the junk on the beach. Given the impossibility of stealth as you climbed down, they immediately notice your presence and draw weapons.

There are two rather weak looking goblins (1&2), one commando (C), one with two dogslicers (S) and one with what appears to be a giant gecko they are riding and dictating orders from (O).

Junker’s Edge—Round One

Initiative Order
Goblin (C) (-2 AC)
→Daiki
Goblin (1)
Goblin (2)
Goblin (S)
Kano (-8 HP)
Sonas
Verona
Goblin (O)
Perri
Filona

Goblin (C):

Horsechopper attack+charge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

The commando charges at Kano with its horsechopper and lands a rather grievous slice on the barbarian.
Kano takes 8 slashing damage!

Daiki is up!

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona follows the group with much difficulty down the cliff to the beach. Upon reaching the floor, she notices that there were goblins on the beach and they were charging already. "Wha...?", she says seeing a fight break out. She hated fights. "Kano, careffff...", she screams too late.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

Lost in his own thoughts about the whole situation, Daiki found himself following along the rest of the party on the way to the junk beach before he realized it. As much as he had been rather looking forward to that play that was happening, this situation endangering Sandpoint was much more serious. After all, no city meant no people meant no play. In these situations, information was the most important thing - and a gathering at junk beach seemed like a great place to start.

Daiki's thoughts were affirmed when immediately upon arriving they were attacked by the group of goblins. I should have scouted ahead...damn it. Too late now. Drawing his wakizashi's, Daiki looked at the formation of goblins, deciding it was not the moment to charge in unprepared, especially with those long reaching slicers. Instead, he stepped up to Kano and prepared to react to the actions of the goblins. "Steady, Kano. I have got your back. You are no mountain to be felled this day."

Move action: Draw both weapons
Free 5 foot step SE
Standard: Ready an action to attack if any of the goblins come in range.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Even though Verona had helped direct the group to Junk Beach she had been distracted, her mind else where. She was going better at it, but Verona's mind couldn't help but go over all the diseases she knew of that were caused by poor sanitation as they went to the local junkyard.

Under her breath she muttered the all ways one would contract lockjaw in such a place. Perhaps that's why she didn't notice the goblins on the beach until she heard Filona's scream and saw Kano grievously slashed?

Verona only was able to get out a hurried shout of "Kano!" before the beach became filled with the sound of drawn blades.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Goblin 1:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The goblin warrior to the southwest draws its shortbow, taking a shot at Perri that just manages to sink into a joint of his armor.
Perri takes 3 piercing damage!

Goblin 2:

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The goblin warrior due south mirrors the one to its west, taking a shot at Perri that sticks into his massive shield.

Daiki:

Readied Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Goblin Sneak:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The goblin sneak approaches Daiki, and is immediately surprised by his readied strike. He slides his blade across the goblin's chest, creating a rather grievous wound. The goblin, however, responds in kind, slicing across Daiki's leg with his dogslicer.
Sneak takes 9 slashing damage! Daiki takes 3 slashing damage!

Kano, Sonas, and Verona are up!

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Were we supposed to fight these goblins at level 1? XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Of course, Filona. This is not Rise of the Runelords. This is SUPER RUNELORDS!
Also, if you're questioning on the basis of encounter difficulty, this fits into the parameters of an epic encounter. For random encounters I roll 1d6+APL-3, and your APL is 2 (because we have six players). From there I spend the xp total as I see fit to make it interesting.
Sorry for getting all meta about game mechanics, but I figure I should explain my methodology for how I plan on running things and all.


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

I, for one, appreciate the glimpse into the enigmatic mind of our GM.

That said, I feel like this is going to be a big ouchie of a fight.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Well, as long as this is SUPER then, all's good.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Though Sonas was still a bit sulky after Filona and Kano's words of trusting others, he somehow knew they were right. That didn't mean he felt like this was always true. He knew he could trust these new friends or companions, at least more than the average new person.

When the group arrived on the Junk Beach and was immediately attacked by goblins, Sonas was as startled as the others. Though seeing his new friends being attacked, his battle readiness kicked in again.

"Hold fast Kano! We will soon take them out!", the halfling called out words of encouragement as he took aim at the goblin sneak trying to get around the sides.

Single shot, Precise shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 2


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

I looked at the last in game day and I don’t think I refilled my rage in the morning, and I didnt use any during the fight in the vaults, my apologies. I should have six rounds of rage at the start of my turn.

Kano, was oblivious to the subtle conversational ways in which she may have ostracized Sonas, continues following the party to the beach, her mind filling with the ways in which she would storm the apparent goblin stronghold at Thistletop. Her visions of battle make her oblivious to the charging goblin, only coming out of her daydream as the the blade slashes across her chest.

Screams of pain fill the beach but are quickly given way to a primal rage, the blood of battle blocking out the encouraging words of her comrades. Kano pulls out her earth breaker, takes a step forward, and brings it crashing down on top of the commando.

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6) + 7 = 14


Free Action: Rage
Move Action: Equip Earthbreaker
Free Action: Five Foot Step forward
Standard Action: Attack


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

Seeing the newly opened gap between her and Kano, Verona rushed to reach the wounded warrior's side. Fixing a hand to the tall woman's shoulder, the witch focused her mind on magical re-kniting Kano's torn flesh.

Move Action: Getting into Touch range with Kano from behind.
Standard Action: Using Healing Hex on Kano.

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Healing Hex can't be used on Kano again for 24 hours.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Sonas's arrow connects with the goblin sneak, dealing a bit more damage and continuing to slow the creature down. Kano, unfortunately, misses her attack on the commando in front of her.
Goblin sneak takes 2 piercing damage!

The outrider grabs a potion and drinks it down. It appears to be preparing for something.

Perri and Filona are up! I will not likely be waiting long if Filona posts before Perri, as our friend has been absent for some time now.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Filona, finally able to gather her thoughts and act, runs towards next to Perri and fires a colorful cloud which outstretched from her hands, right after tripping and almost falling. Her little run did prove useful, as the cloud only hits the goblin outrider and his mount. The beautiful colors didn't diminish the silliness of her running, especially after she yelled "Rainbow strike, ha!" before the cloud sprung forward.

Move to clear the party from the spell and cast Color Spray hitting the goblin outrider and gecko. DC 16.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Goblin (C) on the map is the commando if that changes your decision, Filona. I'll give you a little while since I'm half-waiting on Perri anyways.

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

Oh, the O is the guy far apart? I think I misunderstood then. Yeah, I meant the goblin close to Kano.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Perri attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
DMG: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Blind + Stun: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Filona's spray of colors appears to stun the commando, and Perri takes the opportunity to strike with his battleaxe, slicing deep into the goblin.
Commando takes 7 damage!

Junker’s Edge—Round Two

Initiative Order
Goblin (C) (-7 HP, blind 3, stunned 3)
→Daiki (-3 HP)
Goblin (1)
Goblin (2)
Goblin (S) (-11 HP)
Kano (-0 HP)
Sonas
Verona
Goblin (O)
Perri (-3 HP)
Filona

Daiki is up!


M CG Human (Tian-Min) Ninja | HP: 3/9 | AC: 16, T: 13, FF: 14) | CMB: +0, CMD: 14 | F: +2, R: +6, W: -1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft |Active conditions: none

"Ha! Good move, Filona. The colors will draw their downfall." In a flash, Daiki nimbly maneuvered past the goblin he was engaged with and stepped around behind the stunned one, slashing across his back.

Free action: 5 foot step 1 square S
Move action: 10 ft S to flank with Perri.
Standard: Attack with Wakizashi

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Daiki maneuvers around behind the stunned commando, slashing it across the back with deadly force. The sturdy goblin, however, still stands.
Commando takes 8 slashing damage!

Goblins:

Shortbow v. Filona: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Shortbow v. Perri: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

dogslicer v. Sonas: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The goblins with bows far off try to shoot at Perri and Filona but neither of them manage to land their shots. The goblin sneak makes its way around behind Sonas and tries to strike to no avail.

Kano, Sonas and Verona are up!


F CG Human (Shoanti) Barbarian (Invulnerbale Rager) 1 HP: 16/17 | AC: 13, T: 9, FF: 12) | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +4, R: +1, W: +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 (+6 against giant subtype), | Speed 30ft | Rage: 3/6(+4 Con/+4 Str/+2 Will,-2 AC) | Active conditions:None

Pounding blood courses through her veins, making her oblivious to anything else going on around her. The only she thing she sees is the enemy in front of her, the monster who hurt her.

”Back to the earth” Kano screeches through bated breath.

Earthbreaker Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Earthbreaker Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 1) + 7 = 14


Free Action: Continue Raging
Standard Action: Attack

Goodness, well I’m hoping these poor rolls will turn themselves around eventually lol

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

@Kano: You might have hit as it's stunned, so -2 to AC and he gets no Dex to AC


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Between blinded and stunned, it has -4 AC and is denied dex to ac. So it does, in fact, hit!

Kano swings her earthbreaker with immense force, connecting with the commando's chest with a sickening *crunch*. The commando is thrown many feet off with the blow, body broken and breath permanently halted.


Status:
HP: 12/12; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +0; CMD: 13; Fort: 5, Ref: 4, Will: 3; Init: +3; Perception: +0; Speed: 20 feet
Halfling Paladin (Divine Hunter) 1

Sonas carefully takes a 5-foot step south-west away from the goblin sneak, but still covering an immediate attack on Filona. He then fires an arrow at the goblin sneak in the hopes of taking out an enemy attacking from the rear.

Single shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d6 ⇒ 4

"Got him again!" Sonas shouts triumphantly, though knowing that it is only a small victory as there are more goblins left.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

Sonas backs up and looses an arrow at the enemy behind the group. His arrow strikes the sneak in the chest, dropping the creature to the ground dead.


Female NG Changeling Witch 1 | HP: 8/9 | AC: 12, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -1, CMD: 10 | F: +1, R: +1, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60 Ft., Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 Ft.| Hexes (Evil Eye [-2, 6 Rounds]) | Spells:
Spoiler:
0—Daze (DC 13), Detect Magic, Light|1st—Burning Hands (DC 14), Mage Armor
| Active Conditions: None

With Kano mostly mended Verona set her now steely eyes at the goblins in front of her. Singling out the one that looked to be the force's leader, Verona gave the gecko-rider an uncharacteristically hateful glare that's venom was boosted with subtle magic.

Standard Action: Evil Eye on Goblin O. DC 14 vs. Will. -2 to AC. It lasts 6 rounds if he fails and only 1 if he makes it.


Experience 1,405/2,000 | Level 1 | #001: Burnt Offerings | Part 2: Local Heroes | Day 2 (Sunday, 23 Rova 4707)

GM Rolls:

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Charge-PA v. Daiki: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 12

The outrider seems rather shaken by Verona's glare and its defenses seem hampered. Moments later, it levels its dogslicer to charge Daiki on its mount. The attack misses, and the goblin rides by and stops its movement near the shoreline.

Filona and Perri are up!

Grand Lodge

F CG Gnome Sorcerer (Fey bloodline) 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 11 | CMB: -3, CMD: 7 | F: +3, R: +0, W: +2 (+2 vs illusion) | Init: +0 | Low-Light Vision, Perc: +2, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Laughing Touch: 6/6 | Spells: 1st 1/4 | Active conditions: None

@Verona: Wish you had reduced their save ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Filona sees an opportunity and turns to the mounted goblin, takes a step towards it and summons another colorful cloud screaming "Baaaaaaask in the rainbow!"

5-ft step towards the leader and cast Color Spray. DC 16. Roll for both the goblin and the gecko.

251 to 300 of 341 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SUPER RUNELORDS All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.