[PbP Gameday VIII] PFS 9-16 Fallen Family, Broken Name by Lamplighter

Game Master Scott Young

Link to current map - Hellknight Outpost


451 to 500 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Round 3 (continued)

Konnor slashes at the drake but misses.

Ratesh delays.

Junko blasts the dragon again with her magic missiles.

Juxian takes more of the group's damage, and heals himself.

Spots is currently at -10' (the bottom of the hole) and so jumps up to attack. Acrobatics: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 He avoids the dragon's jaws but can't get through its thick hide.

Natula blasts the drake with an icy bolt! Ref Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 The cold hits the drake full in the face, and it shrieks as the ice fulls its mouth and coats its neck. That's 28 cold damage with the vulnerability!

Flame drake (-43 hp; glittery)
Konnor (31/31)
Ratesh (25/26; 6 mirror images)
Junko (19/22)
Juxian (29/53)
Spots (16/40)
Natula (28/31; expeditious retreat)
Kalas (-3/15; unconscious)

We'll wait a bit for Ratesh to catch up.


Post #421 wrote:
Also note, those partial walls on the spiraling ramp are about 3' high and would provide cover.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5
GM Lamplighter wrote:
We'll wait a bit for Ratesh to catch up.

In agitation, Natula taps her foot, and glares at her wrist sundial.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 33/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 4/5| Active conditions:

Ah gotcha, I didn't consider negative height for the dragon's 0ft indicator.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Magus 4 | hp 24/26 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 18 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Perc +0, Diplo +6, Splcrft +10 Arcane Pool 5/6
PreparedSpells:
Level 0 - Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic Level I - Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Mount Level II - Euphoric Cloud (DC 16), Mirror Image

Sorry, I stated my move last turn but didn't update the map. This turn all I needed was a 5' step to move into range. If that messes anything up I can back up.

Spending 1 arcane pool point for pool strike (cold damage) into my swing.

Ratesh's blade shimmers with a translucent blue light, almost as if it is covered in ice from the purest spring.

As he steps up, he swings his sword at the dragon, looking to connect.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

If hit:

Cold Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Physical Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Round 3 (continued)

Ratesh strides forward and slashes at the dragon, but the blade bounces off the creature's thick hide. (Just a miss, AC is 18... not an indication of DR or anything.)

Flame drake (-43 hp; glittery)
Konnor (31/31)
Junko (19/22)
Juxian (29/53)
Spots (16/40)
Natula (28/31; expeditious retreat)
Kalas (-3/15; unconscious)
Ratesh (25/26; 6 mirror images)


Round 4

The drake is definitely not happy with Natula. It repositions and unleashes its fireball breath right at her, rather than positioning the blast to catch more of you at once.

fireball, DC 16: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 3) = 18 fire damage. Natula Ref save, cover: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 = 23 Luckily, she is able to duck behind the half wall of stones and avoid the worst of the flame.

Everyone is up!

Flame drake (-43 hp; glittery)
Konnor (31/31)
Junko (19/22)
Juxian (29/53)
Spots (16/40)
Natula (19/31; expeditious retreat)
Kalas (-3/15; unconscious)
Ratesh (25/26; 6 mirror images)

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 33/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 4/5| Active conditions:

Juxian takes 5 damage from Spots and Natula, while they both heal for 5. He then commands Spots to move to higher ground for a better angle while he uses a cure light wounds charge on himself.

CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

Flame drake (-43 hp; glittery)
Konnor (31/31)
Junko (19/22)
Juxian (27/53)
Spots (21/40)
Natula (24/31; expeditious retreat)
Kalas (-3/15; unconscious)
Ratesh (25/26; 6 mirror images)


N Small Animal (Small Cat) | HP 11/40 | AC 22 T 18 FF 15 | CMB +3/+11 CMD 20| F: +7, R: +12, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 50ft || Active conditions:

Spots double moves up and around the spiraly cavern to get a better angle and height to reach the enemy dragon.

Provoking an AoO from movement. Drew lines to show movement.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

Vaguely, Natula wonders if the group healer is dead after that. Companion 32? Well, whatever. She pops back up from cover, dramatically singed, hair askew, and eyes wild. Her hands are already targeting the drake, when she cries: "Right back at ya, big guy! KAME-HAME-HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Fireball Freezeball Z (CL 6, intense, versatile, DC 20): 6d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 1, 5, 5) + 2 = 24

Oh, and she will 'target it in a way to narrowly miss everyone else.' Sheesh.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Magus 4 | hp 24/26 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 18 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Perc +0, Diplo +6, Splcrft +10 Arcane Pool 5/6
PreparedSpells:
Level 0 - Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic Level I - Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Mount Level II - Euphoric Cloud (DC 16), Mirror Image

Ratesh, annoyed as his failed strike, sees his sword is still shimmering blue.

He steps up and swings again.

5' Step

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Just missed unless something changed in his AC, pretty sure my positioning doesn't qualify as flanking with Spots?

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

Konner hops down and slashes at the beast, then readies to fend off its claws.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 271d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

p/r:
p/r: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 201d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 131d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

While she can hardly keep up with Natula's brutal display of firepower, Junko hurtles another set of magic missiles at the drake. How much more can this overgrown lizard take?

Magic Missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5


The flame drake falls under the weight of your assault, crashing heavily to the floor of the cavern. (Rolling a "1" on the breath weapon reset didn't help you... that's what the d100 roll was in round 1.)

Searching the creature’s nest reveals a mace made entirely of cold iron, with a pentagram inscribed on the head and tarnished silver wire loosely wrapped around the hilt. Under the loose wire is an inscription in Infernal along the handle - another piece of the true name you seek.

Close inspection of the ruined furniture around the area table uncovers a hidden compartment containing a journal written in
Common, a wand of pass without trace (CL 3rd, 10 charges), a scroll of fog cloud, and a pair of feather step slippers.

The journal details the hobgoblin leader Malgrin’s strategies and victories. It describes his use of the foothills to lose pursuit and how he employed the druid medics under his service to conceal their tracks and modify the terrain for better camouflage. The table was used for maps and planning, allowing the full team of goblin raiders to recieve briefings and observe from the spiral.

The journal represents a unique insight into a chapter of the Goblinblood Wars, and is almost certainly of interest to someone in the Society.


You return to Almas with your prize, and Venture-Captain Brackett is thrilled with your work.

"Well done, Pathfinders! There's just one more object to go, a signet ring that I've found was gifted by the Irrica patriarch to his son, Dremlut. Dremlut enlisted in the Hellknights before the war, and was at an outpost in the Chitterwood when the goblins boiled up and killed everything in sight. His body was never found, and the outpost was never reclaimed. That's your next destination."

He hands over two envelopes. "I'm heading back to Absalom, and I was just about to leave these here for you. One is a letter to Dremlut from his father that was never sent. I found it in the Irrica estate's archives in Elidir. The other is a warning."

"There is a surviving Iricca scion, Pava Irrica, who has surfaced recently. I believe she is trying to reclaim her heritage and these items as well. Keep an eye out. While she may have a legal claim to the items, such a claim will need to be verified. I don't want the true name of a devil to get out in the meantime, so keep the items out of her hands. She may even know the code that will allow reconstruction of the true name."

Brackett packs his papers into a satchel and strides out the door. "See you back in Absalom. Be careful out there."


Letter from Rutillo Irrica to his son Dremlut:

Dremlut,
I pray this letter finds you safe. I know your duty to the Hellknights will put you in the path of danger, but yours is an honorable path, and I do not begrudge it. What concerns me is your faith in your own family. We are a jealous lot, and I fear my sister’s ambition does not rest easy alongside your rapid promotion. I worry that her peace will be bought with nothing less than your life. You do not believe me, but I know my sister better than you know your aunt. I pray you take care and to keep close the signet ring — should my sister try to command the Wrathful Angel against you, it will keep you and your companions safe. Remember to always wear it on your left hand; it was dearly crafted to shield you, my only child."


Letter from Venture-Captain Brackett to you:

Pathfinders,
I have it on good authority that a surviving Irrica descendant is chasing the devil’s true name for her own purposes. Needless to say, it cannot fall into her hands.
In better news, I have a solid lead on an item that should provide the missing parts of the puzzle. A Hellknight named Dremlut Irrica was posted to an outpost in the Chitterwood along with an enchanted signet ring — see attached letter for details. I have also enclosed a map that should help you circumnavigate any known goblin ambushes.
Given the Irrica involvement, I suggest you make use of the ring’s protection once you have it in your possession. It just might keep you alive. See you in Absalom.
- Venture-Captain Brackett

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 33/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 4/5| Active conditions:

Juxian sighs with exasperation, "How many steps is this mission going to be? I need to get back to the museum before...well, to solve whatever problem has probably occurred there."

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

"Almost there, Juxian! Just a bit more wandering through the forest, an ambush by some hobgoblins, and one stunning betrayal to get through and then we can all go home to whatever fool's errand we sign ourselves up for next," Junko says, entirely too much cheer in her voice.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

On the bright side, think of our reputations...they will be highlighted after this. Tales of our exploits will be told for years. And if we can score a few pints of beer at the lodge, so be it. Onward we go!any objection to me scoring the slippers?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Magus 4 | hp 24/26 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 18 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Perc +0, Diplo +6, Splcrft +10 Arcane Pool 5/6
PreparedSpells:
Level 0 - Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic Level I - Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Mount Level II - Euphoric Cloud (DC 16), Mirror Image

Ugh, goblins... even worse than gnomes.

I don't care who wears this ring when we find it, but we need to make sure someone with some knowledge of arcana and spellcrafting inspects it first.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5
Junko Kataribe wrote:
"Almost there, Juxian! Just a bit more wandering through the forest, an ambush by some hobgoblins, and one stunning betrayal to get through and then we can all go home to whatever fool's errand we sign ourselves up for next," Junko says, entirely too much cheer in her voice.
"Speak for yourself."
Ratesh wrote:
Ugh, goblins... even worse than gnomes.

"Again, speak for yourself."

Ratesh wrote:
I don't care who wears this ring when we find it, but we need to make sure someone with some knowledge of arcana and spellcrafting inspects it first.

{knowing smile}

Anyone want the wand? Natula certainly doesn't. ;) Are we taking the mace? Natula will take the scroll of fog cloud, and put it in one of her scroll cases.

Question: given the time could she transcribe the spell to her spellbook. Also, since we are in Almas, Natula would like to buy a 1st level scroll or two (and if there is time, transcribe them). Other folks who can, may copy them to their books as well if they like. In particular, Natula is looking to buy (and transcribe) a scroll of disguise weapon--unless I missed it on Ratesh's sheet. Her spell preparation will be determined by the answers to the above.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Magus 4 | hp 24/26 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 18 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Perc +0, Diplo +6, Splcrft +10 Arcane Pool 5/6
PreparedSpells:
Level 0 - Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic Level I - Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Mount Level II - Euphoric Cloud (DC 16), Mirror Image
Natula Icosagon Thako wrote:

Question: given the time could she transcribe the spell to her spellbook. Also, since we are in Almas, Natula would like to buy a 1st level scroll or two (and if there is time, transcribe them). Other folks who can, may copy them to their books as well if they like. In particular, Natula is looking to buy (and transcribe) a scroll of disguise weapon--unless I missed it on Ratesh's sheet. Her spell preparation will be determined by the answers to the above.

I don't have disguise weapon

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

I can use the wand! Not on my list either, but I have mastered the art of hitting wands until they work anyway.

"Cheer up, Natula. There'll definitely be something or someone for you to blow up along the way."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

{Glares at Junko as if considering the sorcerer's words in relation to the sorcerer herself.}

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

At least with goblins, they tend to not be huge and breath fire on you...like that overgrown lizard we met. Let's be off...time is wasting. Konner says, making sure his pack is straight and tightened up.


You finish your shopping and spell-swapping and head for the final location on the list.

After days of travel on overgrown trails and hard sleeping in the wilds of the Chitterwood, a half-collapsed wall emerges from the trees winding around a long forgotten encampment.

The Hellknight outpost was breached long ago, and decades of growth have begun to reclaim the interior courtyard. A few walls still stand, and undergrowth covers the ground in a dense carpet. A single building in the southeastern end seems to be whole, its entrance blocked with a crude piece of wood.

Looking around the area, you notice some interesting features. In the shadow of the burned-out ruin nearest you, several huge spider webs hang along the corners. Scattered among them are a few sizable humanoid bones, as well as broken gear and rotting packs. A few strange tracks are also visible among the bushes near the webs.


Go ahead and rearrange your icons on the map, I just threw them in the general area.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 33/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 4/5| Active conditions:

Good with where I am. Did we have time to rest or should I mark uses off of my wand of cure light wounds?

Grand Lodge

Male Human Magus 4 | hp 24/26 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 18 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Perc +0, Diplo +6, Splcrft +10 Arcane Pool 5/6
PreparedSpells:
Level 0 - Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic Level I - Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Mount Level II - Euphoric Cloud (DC 16), Mirror Image

Ratesh will cast shield (lasts 4 minutes) on himself and take the lead moving ahead, assuming the group is following.

Moving through the ruins, he will sweep detect magic and keep an eye out for any discarded packs or gear with a Hellknight insignia on it.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

Konner takes the lead with Ratesh, looking for any threats.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

Junko casts shield on herself as well, and moves to stay behind the two front liners.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Diminutive Male Bat familiar | hp 15 | AC 19{23} T 16 FF 17{21} | CMD 3 | F +0 R +4 W +6 | Spd 5', fly 40' (good) | Init +2 | Fly +16, Kn(All) +1, Perc +13 (low-light, blindsense 20'), Scrft +4, SensM +2 | mage armor

Natula buys a disguise weapon scroll, Takes 10 and transcribes it into her book. Are we taking said mace with us? Is there any reason too? I the player can't remember one off the top of my head. If so who has it? If not we can make it look like we do if someone wants too. If we do take it with us she memorizes it instead of monkey/fish.

Natula casts mage armor on her bat, Kalas (or maybe it's Kalas II, if Natula had to buy a new one) and sends it ahead to scout from on high. It surveils the area (given a minute or so). If it survives it returns to Natula and describes to her what it's seen in chittering squeals that Natula can understand. If it is attacked before that Natula probably feels the bat's fright. Other than that though it tries to look like an ordinary bat and just flies casual.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

"What's taking that fool bat so long?" Natula growls to herself.


Juxian: you've rested and traveled, so you're all at full everything.

Kalas/Natula: the mace is an heirloom of the Irrica family, and would allow the potential Irrica heir to piece together the true name of the erinyes.

Kalas: was stable at -3 so survived the fight.

Kalas flies around the camp a reports back that there are no creatures in the area. The building to the southeast is still intact and has a roof, and though the door was destroyed, several pieces of wood have been crudely fixed together and pulled against the entranceway to cover it. Kalas didn't hear anything in the building.

No magical auras are detected in the open areas, although after a moment you do detect a moderate abjuration aura inside the building.

What do you want to do?

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5
GM Lamplighter wrote:
Kalas/Natula: the mace is an heirloom of the Irrica family, and would allow the potential Irrica heir to piece together the true name of the erinyes.

That bit I got, but there doesn't seem to be a reason (that I recall anyhow) to be lugging it around with us. We aren't here to name the devil, we are here for a signet ring. That and no one actually is carrying the thing as far as I can tell. I'm assuming, and Natula would argue for the party to leave it at the Almas Pathfinder Society Lodge, or another reasonably secure spot, unless someone wants to carrying it for some reason.

Natula shares the intelligence gained from Kalas' report. She uses a stick, the ground, and rocks to make a map of the area and any points of interest.

"The aura is probably someone casting protective magic on themselves. Best we head over now, bar all the exits and wait them out until nightfall when the spells will have expired. That is if we want them alive...."

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)3, HP 31/231 AC 20, T 15, FF 15, F +2, R +7; W +3, Init. +6(+8); Perception +7

That sounds like a decent plan. Look around for any secret exits, though...never know what there is...

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

"That," Junko says, nodding her head, "is a very good plan, Natula. They might have backup coming, though. Just something to keep in mind."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5
Konner Therinor wrote:
That sounds like a decent plan....

"Right so who's got the iron spikes?" Natula says. She looks expectantly around at the other people in the party. "I know it's not me, because I am the wizard, and any good wizard can barely carry their own robes let alone a hammer and a bunch of iron spikes, and I am certainly a 'good' (lower-case G) wizard."


From your observation of the doorway to the building, spiking it closed would likely not help. You could push your way through it with ease; it seems more designed to keep the mud and rain out than to keep intruders out.

Please position yourselves on the map and let me know what you're going to do next.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

"Well!?" This is followed by an uncomfortably long angry glare, an exhalation of breath that sounds more like a growl, and Natula storming off-screen while static electricity crackles in the air around her head.

There is some muttered cursing followed by some magic. Natula vanishes.

Natula uses and puts away her wand of false life, then with her staff in hand casts mirror image vanish on herself. Then she walks 30' over to the door on the path shown on the map and wedges open the door with her staff from the side.

false life temp hp (CL 3): 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

mirror image images (CL 5): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male Human Magus 4 | hp 24/26 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 18 | F +4 R +4 W +3 | Spd 30' | Init +3 | Perc +0, Diplo +6, Splcrft +10 Arcane Pool 5/6
PreparedSpells:
Level 0 - Daze (DC 14), Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic Level I - Shield, Shocking Grasp, True Strike, Mount Level II - Euphoric Cloud (DC 16), Mirror Image

Ratesh holds is longsword in front of him and approaches the door. Nodding to Natula, <b>If there's spiders, don't hold back on the fire...</b>.

Once everyone is in position, Ratesh will push the door open.

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

Junko follows Natula for part of the way, but takes her own path to hide behind one of the broken pillars. Giving Ratesh an excited thumbs up, she waits for whatever comes next.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5
Junko Kataribe wrote:
Junko follows Natula for part of the way....
Ratesh wrote:
Ratesh holds is longsword in front of him and approaches the door. Nodding to Natula....

Um, she's invisible.

Natula uses a single finger to gesture back--not that anyone can see. Still, it makes her feel better.

Liberty's Edge

Female Kitsune Sorcerer 4 (Fey) | 22/22HP | AC12{16} T12{16} FF10{14} | CMD10 | F +3 R +4 W +6 | Spd 30 | Init +3 | Perc +1 | Acro +4, Bluff +10, Arcana +4, Nature +4, Perf (Oratory) +10, SplCft +4, UMD +10 | wands mage armor 47/50, cure light wounds 12/12, comprehend languages 6/6, see invisibility 13/13, restorative wand 3/5 | Spells: Sorcerer 1st 7/8 2nd 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield

I just meant until you turned invisible, based on your note on the map. I could have been more specific about that, sorry.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

No worries to anyone. It was more of a reminder to folks that just because as players we can see the icons/minis on the map doesn't mean our PCs can see them. That, and I didn't want to confuse anyone posted later.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Oracle 5.2 (Pei-zin Practitioner) | HP 33/53 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB +2, , CMD 12 | F: +8, R: +2, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: -2, SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | Lay on Hands 5/6 | Spells: Oracle 1st 8/8 Oracle 2nd 4/5| Active conditions:

Juxian makes sure his life links are active and that Spots has shield other active.

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

"Wait for it...."

Dark Archive

Truly Iconic Female Human (Ulfen) Wizard (evoker, admixture school) 5 | hp 31 {+8 temp} | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +4 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | KnAll +10, Lngst +9, Perc +6 (+2 w Kalas), Scrft +13, SensM +0 (+2 w Kalas) | versatile evocation 7/8 | wands false life CL 3 6/7, m missile 42/50, summon monster I CL 3 9/9, unseen servant 8/10 | false life, mirror image 5/5

"Wait for it....."


Ratesh pushes open the doorway, revealing a dimly-lit space. Just inside the door, a flabby humanoid with a spider head lurches into view. Several spiders the size of large dogs skitter around the rest of the room.

initiative
Natula: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Juxian: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Junko: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Ratesh: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Konner: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Spider-man: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Brown: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Black: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Blue: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Initiative order:
Blue
Spider-Man
Junko
Juxian
Ratesh
Konner
Natula
Black
Brown

451 to 500 of 508 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP GameDay VIII] GM Lamplighter's PFS 9-16 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.