GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) (Inactive)

Game Master Nekome

Slides


301 to 350 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Caught unexpectedly, with very few spells to work underwater, Ecthelien shoots with his short bow at the great beast Ranged Attack, bard : 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 for Arrow: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

”Clear the way! Andy thanks for the inspiration.“


Aaargh, thanks Andy, somehow I misread your result on the previous square. So you actually gained on Tsomo a bit, and I've adjusted his position accordingly.

Two successes on this square so far, and just waiting on Ferdrin.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin tries to coerce the squid to aim it's ink at Tsomo.

knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

It doesn't squirt ink but the water around it gets warmer...

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

@Ferdin...LOL!


Poked and prodded by the rest of the party, the squid receives Andy's request poorly, and is left spluttering about the utter rudeness of air breathers as everyone races after Tsomo.

===A Masterful Performance===

Here a group of marketplace performers are putting on a show with trained dolphins and penguins.

DC 20 Handle Animal or wild empathy:
You can command the dolphins to grab at Tsomo.

DC 16 Ride:
You can grab hold of a dolphin and speed toward Tsomo along a waterway.

Maneuver vs. CMD 22:
You manage collar Tsomo with one of the hoops for a moment.

Also DC 13 Dexterity to keep the hapless penguins from being stepped on in the chaos, but this does not slow Tsomo down.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Okay, okay, the squid is not happy with me but maybe one of these dolphins wants to help. They’re incredibly intelligent, you know? I bet some are even wizards. Not sure where they’d keep their books though...

Ride, DC16: 1d20 ⇒ 9

His cloak is really now allowing the movement needed in the water.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Clearly out of his element, Las tries to ride one of the dolphins.

Ride with Inspiration use: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 1 + (4) = 15

If I am able to use Armor Ointment before the attempt, that will remove the ACP on my check an give me a 16

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to Inspire Competence on Ecthelien the Grey, as he tries to ride on a dolphin.

Ride vs. DC=16: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Wow...bad rolls all around this time.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien does not want to disappoint Andy as he jumps for a dolphin

”This is hardly logical but here goes. “

Ride, bard : 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 = 20

”Yeehah! “


Just a reminder, if your character doesn't have any good bonuses for the predefined options, you're free to come up with creative uses of other skills.


Hildan, do you want to try anything on this square?


Botting...

With the crowd distracted by the show, and the other Pathfinders running into the middle of it, Hildan attempts to thread his way through quietly and gain on Tsomo.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 argh, sorry folks!

Applying Armor Ointment requires one minute, and you only get enough time per square for one round's worth of actions, unfortunately.

Though Ecthelien manages a masterful ride on one of the dolphins, Tsomo gains a little on the party as a whole.

===Engineering Bay===

Tsomo follows the waterway to a huge, water-filled chamber holding submersibles for rent, not unlike the ones you saw at Yuka's workshop.

Knowledge (Engineering) DC 18:
You use the pincers mounted on a nearby submersible to reach out and harry Tsomo.

Disable Device DC 20 or Strength DC 13:
You are able to move one of the submersibles to block Tsomo's way.

Cast any lightning-based spell of 1st level or higher:
Using a submersible to attract the electricity, you are able to force Tsomo out of the water briefly.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to Inspire Competence on Ecthelien the Grey.

Knowledge(Eningeering) vs. DC=18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

And continues to roll badly.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan puts his bulk behind one of the submersible, trying to clear a path for the group.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien has no lightning spells to provide, and is short on spells of any sort.

He puts his back into the push

I can but try to assist, Hildan.

str,bard: 1d20 ⇒ 5

But it appears you have it already well in hand.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las attempts to manipulate the pincers.

K. Engineering: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 9 + (4) = 16


Since Tsomo is going to wind up advancing at least a space at this point, he makes it to the docks, but you're close enough to keep him from gathering all his additional allies...

Tsomo swims wide around the submersible as Hildan pushes it into his path, and frantically moves toward the docks. The Pathfinders chase him down a passage to a circular dock. Here a gate can open to allow ships to enter and leave, and rollers to the north can let a ship be pulled onto dry land.

"My friends! To me! The Pathfinders..." Tsomo begins, but looks back to see the party moving up behind him. Hastily he takes up a defensive position.

Initiative time!

Andy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Ecthelien: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ferdrin: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Hildan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Las: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Tsomo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Blue sahuagin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Red sahuagin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
White shark: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Pink shark: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Yellow shark: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

In the space enclosed by the dock, you can see sharks swimming toward you.

Sharks: Knowledge (Nature) DC 11:
These are jigsaw sharks. For every 5 by which you exceeded the DC, you can ask one question.

Sahuagin: Knowledge (Local) DC 12:
These are more run-of-the-mill than the specialized sahuagin you fought earlier. For every 5 by which you exceeded the DC, you can ask one question.

Tsomo: Knowledge (Local) DC 14:
Tsomo is one of those highly mutated sahuagin Razethka warned you about, the malenti! For every 5 by which you exceeded the DC, you can ask one question.

Round one, Andy may act wrote:

Pink

Yellow
Andy
White
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo
Hildan
Red
Las
Blue

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy stops Inspire Courage and starts to sing... "My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."

Inspire Courage(Su):
A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Knowledge(Nature) vs. Sharks(DC=11): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Knowledge(Local) vs. Sahuagin(DC 12): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Knowledge(Local) vs. Tsomo(DC 14): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Andy shares anything he may recall with his fellow Pathfinders.

Sharks: Special Attacks; defenses; resistances. Tsomo: Special attacks; resistances. Please.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Echthelien gulps as he has a bad premonition about the layout of the place and the circling sharks.


Sharks: No special attacks, no special defensive abilities, no resistances.

Tsomo: Blood frenzy (but without the claw attacks that would allow rending), no resistances.

Undaunted, or maybe even attracted, by Andy's singing, the third shark edges closer.

Round one, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
Andy
White
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo
Hildan
Red
Las
Blue

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

apologies for the slow return from the weekend. Back now!

Great, we let him reach his backup. I guess we won't be getting this done the easy way.

He moves to his left to get within range of one of the Sahuagin...

[move] 15'
[standard] Cast Ray of Frost at RED
Ray of frost attack vs RED, Cold damage: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d3 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien follows Ferdrin to get within 30' of Tsomo (red?).

Good plan. A mix of fire and ice!

He draws his sword as he moves, and fans his other hand to send an arc of flames at Tsomo.

Flame Arc (2d6+1 fire damage, DC 12) (Su) Use 1 reservoir, deal fire dam in 30 ft line (Ref half).

flame: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 = 10


Tsomo is the un-outlined sahuagin on the far side of the dock. Knowing that, do you still want to fire at Red?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Oops did not see that far. Still that is the range he has, so keep it.


Ferdrin's ray barely passes near Red, but Ecthelien's fire comes close enough to scorch it...

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

...a little.

GM screen:
1d3 ⇒ 3

Tsomo runs along one of the projecting docks, and hurls a small gray sphere to the other one, where it lands with a thunk and rolls to a stop.

Round one, Hildan may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
Andy
White
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo
Hildan
Red (5 dmg)
Las
Blue

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las raises an eyebrow that object thrown. "Hildan, that can't be good. Maybe kick it into the water?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

"OK!?" Hildan looks across to Las, a slight frown on his stony forehead. Striding towards the grey sphere he swings his leg at it, trying to kick it into the water in the direction of the (great) white shark.

Any roll needed to kick? I'll roll an attack roll, but the modifier can be adjusted as needed.
Kick: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Oh, and while I remember, is it ok to assume that someone was able to apply mage armor to Hildan sometime leading up to this encounter, using his own wand?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien would/could have wanded Hildan on the way...


Yes, we can assume Hildan has his mage armor.

Aiming things at a spot on the ground is typically an attack against AC 5, so that'll work.

Hildan kicks the sphere expertly in the direction of the shark; it plops into the water right next to the shark and sinks into the depths.

Red fires a crossbow bolt at Ferdrin...

Melee attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

...or in his general direction, to no effect.

Round one, Las may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
Andy
White
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo
Hildan
Red (5 dmg)
Las
Blue

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin's head slowly turns, watching the crossbow bolt fly by him.

Good try! he taunts.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

"Nice work HIldan, let's hope we don't need that later." Las laughs.

As Las moves to his right, he pulls out his light crossbow and loads one of the merfolk bane arrows.

K. Local (normal sahaugin): 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (6) = 32


Las will know that the sahuagin aren't merfolk, but the merfolk bane bolts will still give their ordinary bonus +1 when shot at any non-merfolk targets.

Any questions about the two regular sahuagin?

Blue adjusts its position and also tries taking a shot at Ferdrin.

Heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1

This one barely grazes him.

Meanwhile, the sharks wait in the water for any potential victims that might come their way.

Round one, Andy may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
Andy
White
Ferdrin (1 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo
Hildan
Red (5 dmg)
Las
Blue

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy moves as he continues to sing, then points Las' Grease wand at "red"

I don't remember the DC for a Grease wand off-hand. If it uses mine, the DC=15.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

If white is going to be waiting like the other sharks, I would be fine moving it up with pink and yellow in the order...so we cluster more NPC vs PC in posting. Just a suggestion I have seen other GMs do in the past.

Ecthelien gasps in relief as the bold only barely scratches Ferdrin next to him.

I am ready to put an end to these shooters, Ferdrin!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Will any of the bane bolts work on Tsomo? If so, that's the one Las will load. Otherwise, Las will load a Human Bane bolt, not a merfolk one.


Good point about the sharks-- I'll do that if no one objects. Just don't anyone fall in the water...

Wand DCs are 10 + spell level + modifier for the minimum ability score to cast it (10 + spell level). So 11 in this case.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Red wobbles and falls to the dock with a look of fishy surprise.

Round one, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin (1 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo
Hildan
Red (prone, 5 dmg)
Las
Blue


Oh, and the question about the bolts: None of them will get the bane bonus against Tsomo. However, all will still have +1 against all targets including him.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien sees red flounder

”If we take out their leader perhaps the others will surrender. “

The elf draws a wand and fires a bolt of force on Tsomo

Magic missile : 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

If that is the one I lent you, it's at 3L.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Oh, this is his own. I thought he gave yours back . If he still has it he will use it. But could deplete it in this combat. :(

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

17 charges left. No worries. From The Confirmation, I think.

Also, the Scroll of Mage Armor from The Confirmation is set at 6L, and unlike the wand, has no limits listed. One of the GMs here looked it up and couldn't find any errata saying it was changed a limited purchased item. Several of my characters keep a half dozen on hand.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las nods at Etchelien, "I agree!"

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrins eyes widen a bit at the prospect of focusing on the leader. He looks to the left and right, seeing the minions close in tightly.

Uh, I'm not sure. They're all right here...

With a nervous tick, Ferdrin releases an additional burst of energy that he is able to periodically...

[standard] Cast Ray of Frost at RED, using Volatile Conduit for extra damage.
Ray of frost attack vs RED, Cold damage (volatile conduit): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d3 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5


2nd missile from 3L wand: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Tsomo barely flinches at the two missiles, while Red shivers at the ray of frost.

Tsomo then moves forward smoothly and flings another sphere, which rolls to a stop at Andy's feet.

GM screen:
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round 2, Hildan may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin (1 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo (5 dmg)
Hildan
Red (prone, 10 dmg)
Las
Blue

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hoping to keep the other opponents occupied while the rest of the group deal with Tsomo, Hildan charges towards the red sahaugin. He lashes out with a rocky foot in attempt to incapitate the prone figure further.

Stunning Fist (foot?)
Charging Unnarmed Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
FORT DC14 or stunned for 1 round.


Hildan's foot connects solidly and Red slumps, unconscious.

Round 2, Las may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin (1 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo (5 dmg)
Hildan
Red (unconscious, dying, -1)
Las
Blue

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las takes a moment to study Tsomo, then he raises his bow and shoot.

Light Crossbow vs Tsomo with Studied Combat+Bard Song+magic bolt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Tsomo gracefully twists aside as Las's bolt goes by.

Blue tries another shot at Ferdrin, confident that it has its eye in now.

Heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6

This time it scores a solid hit.

The sharks swirl impatiently in the water...

Round 3, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin (7 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo (5 dmg)
Hildan
Red (unconscious, dying, -1)
Las
Blue

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien doesn't like the sharks chomping at the bit, so with red down, he tries to fry some fish.

We need to clear these out!

If this is not possible with dock or cover or whatever, he is just going to try to pick up the grey ball and throw back at Tsomo.

flames?:

flame: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 = 6 fire damage, DC 12 reflex

or 5' step and...

ball?:

Pick up grey ball and toss at Tsomo's square...

hurl,bard: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20 vs AC5?

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing. While taking a 5'step, he calls forth his Wand of CLW from his Handy Haversack.

301 to 350 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.