GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) (Inactive)

Game Master Nekome

Slides


201 to 250 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Special attacks: Sneak attack (1d6) and greater blood frenzy. And guess what, this one does have claws available.

Special abilities: Blood frenzy and telepathic communication with sharks.

Hildan is finally able to work his grip around the sahuagin and give it a good pummelling.

With Ecthelien backing off, Blue takes its best shot at Andy.

Heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 6

Round 3, Ecthelien may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (blinded)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (grappled, 10 dmg)
Blue
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (grappled, raging, blood frenzy, 26 dmg)
Ferdrin
Las

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien sizes up the targets remaining

If he can see the shooter from the cover of the door, he calls a pair of magic missiles

” There you are!“

MM : 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8


Looks like he can, just barely.

Blue flinches as Ecthelien's missiles strike it.

Writhing in Hildan's grip, Black bites at him.

Bite, grappled: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 2 = 7

But its jaws snap shut on empty air.

Round 3, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (blinded)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (grappled, 10 dmg)
Blue (8 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (grappled, raging, blood frenzy, 26 dmg)
Ferdrin
Las

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las, hoping to end this battle quickly, focuses his efforts on helping Hildan. Taking a moment, Las studies the grappled Sahaugin and then attempts to strike deliver a knockout blow, perhaps fearing that it is the Pathfinders who are at fault.

bonus includes Studied Combat at +2 and Inspire Courage +1. Plus creature is grappled, so penalty to Dex.
Whip attack (nonlethal): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Studied Strike (if attack hits): 1d6 ⇒ 5

Las calls out, "Hildan, we need you in two places at once!" Las then drops his grease wand before steping forward, hoping to shield the bard.

Andy is free to pick up the grease wand and try and use it himself.
.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Seeing that the grappled Sahaugin is likely to be subdued soon, Ferdrin wheels around the corner of the nearby crates to scope out the next enemy.

He fishes a pad of butter out of his spell component pouch and lobs it at the foe he sees blue. As it flies through the air it stretches and becomes impossibly thin before landing under the feet of the enemy, making the standing surface incredibly slippery.

[move] 10' N
[Arcane Exploit] Potent Magic, +2 DC
[standard] Cast Grease, marked on map, BLUE affected, DC18 Reflex or he falls


Las's whip smacks Black solidly, but the sahuagin continues to struggle with Hildan.

Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Blue staggers and falls flat on its face.

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Another sahuagin, looking similar to Blue, appears on the balcony above, and takes aim at Ferdrin...

Heavy crossbow, bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 3 = 15
Human bane bolt: 1d10 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (10) + 3 + (6, 3) = 22

...the bolt thunking into the arcanist and nearly impaling him.

Round 4, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (grappled, 10 dmg)
Blue (prone, 8 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (grappled, raging, blood frenzy, 26 dmg, 11 nonlethal)
Ferdrin (-5, dying)
Las

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing, casts a spell, and touches Ferdrin...

CMW vs. Ferdrin: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin blinks back awake after a short stint out of consciousness.

Thank you... Andy.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan, with the sahaugin now restrained, continues to crush and beat it into submission.

Flurry of Maneuvres
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Grapple for Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


The sahuagin is able to writhe out of the way of Hildan's swing, but his crushing grip begins to subdue it.

Blue growls and struggles to its feet. (Blue's Acrobatics is high enough that it automatically succeeds.) It picks up its trident and brandishes it at the party.

Round 4, Ecthelien may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (grappled, 10 dmg)
Blue (8 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (staggered, grappled, raging, blood frenzy, 37 dmg, 11 nonlethal)
Ferdrin (12 dmg, prone)
Las

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien is still too injured to venture closer to combat without healing, so he opts for another set of missiles onto the shooter. Unless someone thinks another target would be better.

” Well it worked before. “

Magic missiles : 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

@GM - how much damage has Black sustained? He was at 26 when I did 11, and then now he's taken another 9, so shouldn't that be 46 with 11 of it being non-lethal?

Las tries to direct the elf at the sahaugin engaged with Hildan."Help Hildan!"

Hoping to redirect the magic missiles at black.


Yes, sorry, mistyped there. 35 lethal, 11 nonlethal.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will redirect since black is putting up more fight than expected

”You have it! “


The sahuagin finally collapses under Ecthelien's barrage.

Stabilization check since it has now lost temporary HP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Round 4, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue (8 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg, prone)
Las

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Still feeling the pain of that recent crossbow bolt, Fedrin stands up gingerly and cautiously steps amidst three of his companions as a short of shielding.

[move] stand up from prone
[5’ step] NW

I guess I’ll avoid standing around in the open here...

[Arcane Exploit] Potent Magic, CL +2
[standard] Cast magic missile (CL5) on RED

Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Force damage, missile 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las exhales as the first sahaugin succumbs. He turns his attention to the one in front of him, and steps forward to avail himself of cover from the boxes as he studies his target and then whips at the creature's legs.

Base + Studied Combat (1/4) + Bardsong

Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Blue easily stays upright against Las's whip.

Red flinches at Ferdrin's missiles, but aims down at Andy...

Heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

...and finds its aim was thrown further off by the spell than it realized.

Round 5, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (9 dmg)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue (8 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg)
Las

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

With the black sahuagin finally subdued, Hildan turns and slowly makes his way his way up the stairs towards the red one. There is a determined look on his stony face as he strides purposefully past his companions and towards their attacker.

Double Move.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing, points the wand at the creature past Las, and says..."Pew, pew."

UMD vs. DC=20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

...and jumps for joy as it works this time.

Magic Missile wand(3L) vs. Blue: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7


After Andy's missiles sting it, Blue drops its trident and advances on Las, baring its teeth as if daring him to attack.

After AoO:
Blue leaps at Las, reaching out with claws and teeth!

Claw 1, frenzy: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
Claw 2, frenzy: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Bite, frenzy: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27

Damage from one claw and bite: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

A correction to earlier: Blue and Red do not have the Greater Blood Frenzy feat, which is what would allow the rend attack and erase the AC penalty. So for them it's basically just rage.

Round 5, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (9 dmg)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue (15 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg)
Las (AoO)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las looks over his should at surprise when Hildan runs up the stairs..."Ummm...could've used a hand here." Las figured that the grease on the floor may have influenced the monk's choice in targets.

Las steps to the side, and this time and tries to defend himself, hoping to buy time for Hildan. .

Las goes Total Defense, which gives me +6 to AC (AC 25) since I have 3 ranks in it.

Doesn't sahaugin have to move through the grease and make a reflex?


It's an Acrobatics check to move through the grease at half speed, and the sahuagin's Acrobatics is high enough for an automatic success.

Las doesn't get a full move here, just his AoO, which as you pointed out was just my imagination. So, as I believe things stand now...

Round 5, Ecthelien may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (9 dmg)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue (15 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg)
Las (6 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien peers up to the balcony and the sahaguin sniper.

We have had quite enough of that nonsense.

Still unsure about using fire in the warehouse, magic missiles of force are the go-to choice.

magic missiles: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5 on the shooter.


Red hardly seems to be able to look more annoyed as Ecthelien's missiles land true...

Round 5, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (14 dmg)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue (15 dmg)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg)
Las (6 dmg)

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin, feeling the heat closing in, backs up next to the unconscious sahaugin. He looks down at it in disgust and then ignores it to focus on the remaining matters...

[move] 10' N
[Arcane Exploit] Potent Magic, CL +2
[standard] Cast magic missile (CL5)

The force missiles fly out of his fingertips and spiral in different directions toward the two remaining foes.

Force damage, missile 1 vs RED: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force damage, missile 2 vs BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 3 vs BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Hoping to keep the sahaugin's attention on him, Las lashes out defenisvely.

Base + Studied Combat + Bard - Fighting Defensively (+3 to AC)
Whip attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Studied Strike (ends Studied Combat bonus): 1d6 ⇒ 1

Somewhat miffed to see Ecthelien one of Fedrin's missiles head off in the wrong direction, "Andy, focus on this one. Hildan can handle himself."

Always better to focus the damage on one at time. Splitting damage between them allows them both to fight longer.


Both remaining sahuagin are stung by missiles, while Blue endures a solid hit from Las's whip.

Red drops its crossbow and advances on Hildan, wielding its trident.

Trident, frenzy: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10

Round 6, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (blood frenzy, 19 dmg)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (20 dmg)
Blue (23 dmg, 8 nonlethal)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg)
Las (6 dmg)

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan, making a mental note to himself to get one of his new friends to tap him with an armor wand before they get into any more fights, reaches out to try and grab the aggressive sahuagin.

Flurry of Manuevres
Improved Grapple: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing, points the wand at the creature past Las, and says..."Pew, pew."

UMD vs. DC=20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

...and jumps for joy as it works this time.

Magic Missile wand(3L) vs. Blue: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7


Red is completely helpless against Hildan's assault, while Blue collapses under the hail of missiles. (And does not need to stabilize as the lethal damage alone didn't take away all its hp.)

Round 6, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red (blood frenzy, grappled, 27 dmg)
Andy (6 dmg)
Hildan (grappled, 20 dmg)
Blue (unconscious)
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (unconscious)
Ferdrin (12 dmg)
Las (6 dmg)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

With the best option for nonlethal damage, Las advances as far as he needs to for a clean strike with his whip.

Base + Bard
Whip (nonlethal): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Hildan may need some healing!"

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien sighs and casts his last remaining magic missile at the last opponent

”We must end this. “

Magic missile : 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7


As Las strikes it and Ecthelien's last missile hits home, the last sahuagin collapses.

End of combat! All three sahuagin are unconscious and stable.

If they are searched while unconscious:
Black had a masterwork harpoon, a potion of cure light wounds, a potion of air breathing, and 50' of silk rope.

Red and Blue both carried potions of air breathing, potions of cure moderate wounds, feather tokens (anchor), thieves' tools, masterwork tridents, daggers, masterwork underwater heavy crossbows, and a combined total of 37 remaining regular bolts, 5 human bane bolts, 5 elf bane bolts, and 6 merfolk bane bolts.

All three also carry mysterious hollow iron bars, and maps of part of Vialesk around its massive forge, the Glass Pit. Around the Pit, eight locations are marked with notes indicating something has been placed there.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las searches the sahaugin and offers the healing potions to the most injured. Happy to secure some more potions of air breathing, as well.

"Perhaps we can divide up the bane bolts among those of us who use crossbows? I suspect the merfolk bolts may be the most useful."

Las grabs one of the underwater heavy crossbows, but the tridents are beyond his skill.

After dividing up the booty, "If these merfolk were here doing legitimate business, they would not have attacked us."

Las examines the iron bars Take 10 on Craft (Alchemy)=26 with wayfinder.
"If this is some sort of bomb, then these markings on the map are probably where the bombs are located."

"Perhaps we should tie up sahaugin and search the warehouse?"

Las will recommend tying them up and hanging them from the rafters.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Startled by Las's suggestion, Andy stops singing and chokes out.."Hang them from the....OH, I get it! Not Hang them, Hang them, just secure them so they can't easily break free. Whew!"...as he picks up the Grease wand that Las dropped.

"I can use this easy enough, I just need your command word/phrase.".

Andy walks over to Ecthelien and hands him his Magic Missile wand. "Here, command word is *Pew,pew* If it's still working when we are done with the mission, please give it back."

17 charges of 3L Magic Missile left on the wand.

"You guys are hurt more than me. Use the heavy potions. I'll just use my wand on myself and Las."

CLW wand vs. Las: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW wand vs. Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Bleh!

CLW wand vs. Las: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW wand vs. Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

"Unfortunately, I don't know the command word, I am forced to trick the wand into obeying me. But please use it for the rest of the day. I also have a wand of silent images that could prove useful"

Las has to use UMD on all wands, but will loan the grease and silent images if any of the casters think it will be useful.

Las presents his wand of infernal healing "We can use this if anyone needs more than one use of the cure wand after the potions."

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin gladly accepts one of the healing potions...

Potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Nice

He then looks at the potions of water breathing with particular interest and curiosity.

Now, why would sahuagin need these...?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

heh. I made that mistake as well. The potions are "air breathing," not water.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Doh! That was a hard brain auto-correct.


On searching the warehouse and further examination of the map, Las's hunch proves to be correct. The ironflame powder appears to be the main ingredient in an explosive, with the cement used to direct the explosion. If the Glass Pit is weakened enough, it will flood with water, causing a massive steam explosion and destroying that entire neighborhood. If all the locations have been sabotaged, it may happen very soon.

(The hollow bars have no apparent use in bomb making, but Andy notes that they make a distinctive clanging when banged together that might match the sound said to have happened before the attack on the caravan.)

===Hour 6===

We are now into a timed situation. Each hour, everyone can do or aid one skill check to address the sabotage. Your options include:

* Knowledge (Engineering), Perception, or Swim to directly undo some of the sabotage at one of the marked locations
* Try to get assistance from the locals around the Glass Pit
* Talk to Lileone about what you've found

You can split up to attempt multiple things at the same time.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las will head off and use his skills at Engineering along with his wayfinder.

K. Engineering (T10: 10 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ 10 + 9 + (4) = 23

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Echthelien would have handed his own wand to Andy to heal himself with it, assuming Andy is willing.

You have my gratitude, both for the healing and the loan of the wand.

clw: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 8) + 2 = 11

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

"But of course, my friend! Always willing to help."

Andy makes haste, well, for a Halfling, to tell Lileone what they have found. Showing her the rods as part of the explanation....

"There's no time to loose! We must get people to the sites before the explosions go off, M'Lady."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan accepts the potions and sips them with his stony lips.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 = 10
Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5

"There are still a few cracks. Please tap me with this." He pulls out his own wand of healing.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan then heads off to one of the locations,inspecting it to determine how to address the sabotage.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Not being trained as an engineer Ferdrin heads out into neighborhood for help.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will try to assist Ferdrin with the neighborhoods using what knowledge he has.

Maybe some of the locals will have seen something useful.

Knowledge local or planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 if either will help

diplo-aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Bleh!


At the first location, Las finds that the explosion has already happened and the wall around the Glass Pit is badly cracked. Making use of some of the debris, he is able to arrange a barrier that will hold the water back until the wall can be fully repaired.

Meanwhile, Lileone's eyes widen as Andy shows her the map. "And you don't know who is responsible yet? But never mind, this is enough for now. I'll alert the city guard."

Now that the city guard is helping, the time between checks will be reduced.

Ferdrin's pleas to the locals fall on deaf ears, while Hildan is unable to spot the sabotage in the location he has chosen.

Ecthelien, do you want to try anything?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Sorry, I was not sure if that counted as his full action for the hour.

Ecthelien will continue to search in another region for signs of sabotage.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He has a scroll of mending, but I am assuming the damage is much beyond the scope of that spell

201 to 250 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.