GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) (Inactive)

Game Master Nekome

Slides


351 to 386 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Aaaaaaaaah

Ferdrin gives out a healthy yell, partly conceding that such hazards are part of the deal in these situations. The frail mage is at least a little hardier than he used to be when he started with the society, but he still prefers avoiding direct contact to comfortably focus on his incantations. While he tries to show for the occupational ritual, his comfort-born irritation is overly clear.

He glares at the foe across the chamber who just fired at him, and sends his final major bit of arcane strength its way.

[standard] Cast magic missile, Potent Magic (CL +2, total CL5), all missiles at blue.

Force damage, missile 1, at BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force damage, missile 2, at BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force damage, missile 3 at BLUE: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

He then predictably sidesteps behind Andy to remove remaining clear shots, fetching a scroll from his pack.

[5' step] SW
[move] retrieve scroll


Both sharks are a few feet below the surface of the water, and Pink would have cover from the dock even if it were at the surface, so the ball it is.

Ranged vs. AC 5 to get ball to land by Tsomo, 5 increments: 1d20 + 4 - 8 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 8 = 5

The ball clatters to the deck just beside Tsomo.

Blue staggers under the effect of Ferdrin's missiles, but remains standing.

Tsomo looks at the ball next to him in horror for a moment before it explodes!

Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

GM screen:
1d4 ⇒ 2

Tsomo expertly jumps aside to avoid the worst of it, while the end of the dock is consumed by flames. He dances through the resulting conflagration and runs around the far side of the dock.

Red's stabilization check: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 1 = 17

Round 3, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin (7 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo (10 dmg)
Hildan
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (14 dmg)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

As the bomb explodes in Tsomo's face, Las erupts, "Ha ha! Nicely done!

Las moves along the dock and then reloads his light crossbow with another bane arrow.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan starts to make his way around the edge of the docks, trying to close in on Tsomo or the other sahuagin.

Double Move.


Blue swings its crossbow around toward Hildan.

Heavy crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

But Hildan's magical armor protects him.

Round 4, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin (7 dmg)
Ecthelien
Tsomo (10 dmg)
Hildan
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (14 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will fire another pair of missiles from the wand at Tsomo.

It would be wise for you to surrender before our rocky friend reaches you.

magic missiles CL3: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

He will then move to follow the Oread.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing, then touches Ferdrin with his wand..."Boo-Boo be gone."

Wand of CLW vs. Ferdrin: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Oh, thank you! Guess I won't need this after all.

He steps between Andy and Las as a way of inching towards the action but maintaining his protection.

Ray of frost attack vs RED, cold damage: 1d20 ⇒ 171d3 ⇒ 1


Red is down. Do you want to hit Blue with the ray of frost?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Probably best to proceed as such. You can always retcon it if he really wanted to attack someone unconscious.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Ray of Frost is a close range spell: ie. 25' + 5'/2L. It will reach Red or the White shark.


Whatever Ferdrin does isn't going to affect Tsomo's actions, so...

Tsomo laughs at Ecthelien's missiles and runs lightly around the dock toward Hildan. He stops a few lengths from the oread, and tosses one more metal orb to the dock behind Hildan. Then he waits, brandishing a multi-pointed spear.

Tsomo has 10' reach with his weapon.

GM screen:
1d3 ⇒ 3

Deep in the water, where the first sphere sank, there seems to be a brief flash of light and flame.

Round 4, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White
Andy
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo (16 dmg)
Hildan
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (14 dmg)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las fires another bolt at Tsomo

Light Crossbow vs Tsomo with Studied Combat+Bard Song+magic bolt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Las reloads the cross bow and takes a 5' step

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Either of the sharks is fine.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan, his opponent now clearly in sight, presses forward with purpose. Stony arms outstretched as if to embrace Tsomo as a dear friend, he lunges at the man and attempts to wrap him up in his strong grip.

Charging Improved Grapple: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 = 18


Ferdrin's cold ray brushes past the nearest shark, which seems to wriggle in irritation.

Las's bolt whizzes past Tsomo uselessly. Hildan's charge gets him past the wicked-looking spear, but Tsomo just laughs and steps aside, ungrappled.

Blue snarls and runs up to aid Tsomo against Hildan.

Trident: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Round 5, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White (1 dmg)
Andy
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo (16 dmg)
Hildan (5 dmg)
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (frenzy, 14 dmg)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien persists in approaching Tsomo with wand-a-blazing

You should have run, as laughing will only make it worse for you!

Magic Missile CL3: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Hmm, perhaps I should leave these sharks alone. After their leader falls, perhaps they will return to natural shark behavior.

He follows Ecthelien around the platform towards Tomso.

Double move

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing as he moves forward with the others.

Double Move as well.


Tsomo steps back and thrusts at Hildan with his spear as he hisses, "If I fall, others will seal your doom. You may as well die now!"

Ranseur: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Tsomo's spear bounces off of Hildan, leaving no damage.

Round 5, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White (1 dmg)
Andy
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo (frenzy, 25 dmg)
Hildan (5 dmg)
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (frenzy, 14 dmg)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

What was the blast radius of that last bomb Tsomo threw?

Las aims his crossbow one last time, drawing upon his inspiration to guide his arrows.

Attack vs Tsomo: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (3) = 23 Counts as two uses of Inspiration

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Studied Combat expires on Tsomo

Las drops his crossbow and draws his whip moving forward But staying out of the observed blast radius of the bomb


It's a 10' radius.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan steps forward, undaunted by the fact he's being double-teamed now. Thrusting out with one open palm, he attempts to strike the blue sahuagin in the face and stun him, then reaches out to try and grab Tsomo and fling him down onto the ground.

Flurry of Maneuvres
Stunning Fist Unnarmed Attack v. Blue: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8
If hits, DC14 or stunned for 1 round.

Improved Trip v. Tsomo: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 28
If successful, will use Ki Throw to fling Tsomo prone onto the square directly to the left of Hildan.


Blue drops bonelessly to the dock after meeting Hildan's fist. Hildan effortlessly follows up by slamming Tsomo to the ground.

Even as Tsomo begins to gather himself and glare even more murderously at Hildan, Las's bolt strikes home.

Blue's stabilization check: 1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 7 = 0

Round 6, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White (1 dmg)
Andy
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo (prone, frenzy, 35 dmg)
Hildan (5 dmg)
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (unconscious, dying, -8)

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will advance in order to line up another fire arc.

Now it ends, Tsomo!

flame: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 = 8 DC12 for half.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin tries to fly under the radar creeping out onto the platform, while drawing his crossbow.

He quietly loads it...

[move] 30', drawing crossbow
[move] reload crossbow

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

While continuing to sing, Andy move up and tries to kick the sphere into the water.

Not sure what to roll for that. Going to roll a melee attack. Let me know if I need something else.

Melee vs. Sphere: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21


Reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Even lying on the ground, Tsomo easily twists aside, only being singed by the flames.

Andy knocks the sphere into the water, where it sinks out of sight.

Unwilling to give up, Tsomo scrambles to his feet and tries to back away to spear range. AoO for Hildan.

Round 6-7, everyone may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Pink
Yellow
White (1 dmg)
Andy
Ferdrin
Ecthelien
Tsomo (frenzy, 39 dmg)
Hildan (+AoO) (5 dmg)
Red (unconscious, -1)
Las
Blue (unconscious, dying, -8)

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Las moves forward, but stays out of reach of the spear.

Double move

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan lashes out with a foot as Tsomo tries to rise to his feet, following that up with another strike and a sweeping leg kick to try to bring Tsomo down once again.

Unarmed strike of opportunity: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Flurry of Manuevres
Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21 Damage: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7
Improved Trip: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien will again move to position to use another blast of fire at the deranged fishman

You are not learning very quickly. But you will learn eventually.

flame: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 = 6 DC12 for half.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing as he moves forward, then taps himself with his wand...

Wand of CLW vs. Self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Tsomo twists away from the spray of flame again, but Hildan connects with two solid thumps. The malenti collapses, gasping, "No... there are more..." He seems to be scanning for allies, but none come to help him as he loses consciousness.

* * *

Lileone soon catches up with you, pale but healed. "Good, you have him!" she says. "The guards intercepted some others on their way here. We'll get to the bottom of this now. I... may have been hasty in my judgement. Perhaps there was more to the expedition's failure than I realized."

* * *

After a search of Tsomo Qorra's offices and homes, evidence is found tying him directly to the mysterious purchases of cement and ironflame powder, and the sabotage of the expedition. He seems to have been working on behalf of a new sahuagin leader by the name of Baron Zendar.

Zahra's good name is restored. She and Lileone join forces to try to fight the poison bloom, though as it sweeps past Vialesk it wreaks havoc
with the local corals. As you leave, you hear that Zahra and Razethka are planning a new expedition...

Congratulations, you've made it to the end! I'll get the chronicle sheets drawn up tomorrow.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Thanks GM for the fun scenario and very climactic ending!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 4 | HP 29/35 | Init +1 | AC: 19 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+6 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +9 | Diplo +8 | UMD +10 | Sense Motive +6 | Spellcraft +8 |DD +8
Active:
Shield

Day job (Craft Alchemy with Crafter's Fortune): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23

Boon roll if there is one: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Per my count, he used 1+4 charges between the two combats, Andy. Thanks!

Well done! We have prevailed with our skill in teamwork.

351 to 386 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.