GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) (Inactive)

Game Master Nekome

Slides


151 to 200 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Thank you Yuka! Do you know much about this client, other than their name? Did you get any sense from them when they took your delivery? If not, it's okay. We'll pay this warehouse a visit.

Ferdrin tips his hat to the fellow engineer.


Yuka is a selkie.

"No idea why a sahuagin would be watching me. Well, other than than my winning personality," Yuka says with a wink. "If you see them again, let them know they're free to come in and ask whatever they're wondering about."

Yuka shrugs at Ferdrin. "It's just a business deal, as far as I'm concerned."

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Yes, but a Selkie who tends to machines, no? Or am I imagining the submersibles wrong?

Fair enough! Thank you for the info and we'll be off to this warehouse.

Onward!


The warehouse is a large, sturdy building on the shore of one of Vialesk's waterways. The doors are locked, and there are no windows within easy reach of the ground. However, you can try climbing up to one if you want.

See slides.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

We can't pick the lock? Once someone opens the door, and before entering, Las will drink a Shield extract (last 4 minutes)

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

"We sneaking in?" Hildan hesitantly asks. "I can try smash lock if you like...or climb up to the window?"

Hildan, approaches the side of the building and attempts to pull himself up to the nearest window to take a look inside the building.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Not exactly sure of the location of the windows or how high they are, or if he falls and takes damage, but either way he'll try again.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

More through perseverance and strength than apparent skill, the big oread manages to pull himself up onto the ledge


You can certainly try picking the locks.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las investigates the door to see if it is rigged with any sort of trap.

Perception (Take 20)=29

If Las finds nothing, he attempts to disable the lock

"Would someone mind keeping a lookout? Let's make sure that sahuagin isn't following us."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Well, glad this isn't PF2

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

I will keep watch as well. I have no skill with locks yet. Someday I will have a spell to bypass them.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Ecthelien notices the city guard is on patrol.

You can try a Stealth or Bluff check to avoid their notice.

Meanwhile, Hildan is able to get a look through one of the windows. The warehouse is full of crates of some kind, and he sees a sahuagin moving about among them.

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy goes to the guards and says..."Did you see that guy running down the street that way? Seems like he was trying to hide something under his cloak."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30


Not only does the patrol all rush off in the direction Andy indicates, they shout to other guards in the area to join them in the chase.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

assuming Las did not break the lock.

Las keeps attempting to pick the lock and the aid fo his wayfinder, after applying his armor oil Removes ACP

"Sh....."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan hops down and lets the group know that he saw the sahuagin inside, standing beside Las Lajas as he continues to fiddle around with the lock.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Well, at least we have the right warehouse. Good job with those guards Andy.

Ferdrin nervously paces about and fidgets, with little else to do.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien nods in agreement but keeps watching for the patrol, motioning for the others to take cover if they approach.


After a little more fiddling, the lock finally gives.

After entering...:
The nearest sahuagin bellows at you, "Hey, this is private property! Get lost!"

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

While the slicker party members talk it out with the sahuagin, Ferdrin quickly scans the warehouse for signs of the ironflame powder.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las nudges the halfling and whispers, "Now would be a good time for deception"

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

"Private property, indeed! How exactly are you inside when the door was locked from the outside? I think we should call the guards back to see what they think."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Crap. Going to use my Character Folio re-roll on that one.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


The crates are largely unlabelled, making it impossible to tell what thy might contain. But remember, Razethka said it was a significant amount of the flammable stuff...

The sahuagin who spoke looks momentarily confused but growls, "Get out".

Initiative time!:

Andy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Ecthelien: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Ferdrin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Hildan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Las: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Sahuagin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Sahuagin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Sahuagin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


I can't seem to edit the map from where I am right now, but the first sahuagin to move is the one on the upper level. Which isn't actually moving on its turn anyway. #2 is the one among the crates further in, and #3 is the one closest to you.

Round 1, the bold may act wrote:

Sahuagin #1

Andy
Hildan
Sahuagin #2
Ecthelien
Sahuagin #3
Ferdrin
Las

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

I colored the boxes. #1 = Red #2 = Blue #3 = Black

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy begins to sing... "My friends and I have come to fight, evil creatures we will smite. Your reign of terror soon will pass, once we have finished kicking your....butts."...as he draws a wand from his Handy Haversack.

Inspire Courage:
Inspire Courage(Su): A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

As Andy starts up his inspiring song, it seems to have an immediate effect on Hildan, who rushes in and tries to restrain the nearest foe win a stony embrace.

Improved Grapple: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


The sahuagin snorts derisively as it shrugs off Hildan's grapple attempt.

Another sahuagin steps out from behind some crates and fires through the open door.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The bolt whips past Las and out into the empty street.

Round 1, Ecthelien may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy
Hildan
Blue
Ecthelien
Black
Ferdrin
Las

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

It is unfortunately the warehouse may contain explosive metals. Fire is a tool I frequently employ but may not end well.

He strides into the room, swiftly bolstering his defenses.

I have an idea which may work. He spreads his fingers and releases a rainbow of colorful light at the creature in the center of the room.

Color Spray 15', DC14, effects based on HD of creature

color spray:

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

Sightless creatures are not affected by color spray.


Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

The sahuagin blinks at the bright light but stays focused on the party.

The sahuagin facing Hildan roars and stabs at him with a harpoon.

Harpoon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Round 1, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue
Ecthelien
Black (raging)
Ferdrin
Las

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las moves forward, drawing his wand of grease and then directs the spell at point right behind the raging sahaugin

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 + Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Well, there goes that wand for the day.

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ferdrin rushes into the room. Seeing the layout and the position of the sahaugin, he backs into a corner by some crates and launches a simple offensive spell at it.

[move] 20'
[standard] Cast magic missile, using the Potent Magic exploit for CL+2, total CL5

All vs. black
Missile 1 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Missile 2 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Missile 3 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

@Las: I would have used my re-roll on that one, but that's just me.


Ferdrin's missiles strike true, leaving the sahuagin looking even angrier.

Round 2, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue
Ecthelien
Black (raging, 11 dmg)
Ferdrin
Las

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las calls to Hilden, "Step to the side and I might be able to help you."

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Andy continues to sing as he moves inside the door and points the wand at Hildan's opponent...

UMD vs. DC=20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

...which sparkles then fizzles...."Dammit. Again?'


Botting Hildan since it's been 24 hours.

Hildan steps back from the raging sahuagin at Las's request, and tries the ranged approach instead.

Light crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

The bolt thunks home solidly.

The sahuagin with the crossbow grins evilly as it slaps a new bolt in and takes aim at Ecthelien.

Heavy crossbow, bonus: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 3 = 21
Elf bane bolt: 1d10 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (5, 5) = 16

Ecthelien feels the sting of magic, hitting far harder than he would expect from one bolt!

Round 2, Ecthelien may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (raging, 18 dmg)
Ferdrin
Las

Grand Lodge

Male Elf - Arcanist 3 - AC(17)/T13/F10/CMD14 |HP 20/20| Fort:+3;Ref:+5;Will+5 |Percept.+4 | Init.+5 | { mage armor} Arcane Pool (4 of 9 used)

Ecthelien reels from the injury.

” Oh...this is not good.“

He withdraws back out the door

4 temp hp lost. 8/20 hp but Can’t update map

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Was asking that Hilden step left ("to the side"), not back. So maybe retcon Hilden's attack to another Grapple as that was what he was trying to do initially?

Also, can we see how they are armed/armored? Do they have swords at their sides? etc. Thanks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Yes, sorry for not posting yesterday. Got called out of town for work and was exhausted by the time I got back home. Happy to leave the botted action, although if the retcon is allowed and Hildan can instead have delayed, Hildan would now step to the side and use a flurry of maneuveres, with a grapple followed up by an unarmed strike.

If allowed:

Improved Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


I'll allow it, since it wouldn't have changed what Blue did and Black hasn't gone yet. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

The sahuagin snarls and resists Hildan's grapple. The followup strike bounces off its scales.

It roars, the look in its eyes growing wilder, as it stabs at Hildan again.

Harpoon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

In its frenzy, though, the harpoon goes wide.

To answer Las's question: the one with the crossbow also has a trident, and the one with the harpoon has no other weapons. Neither is wearing any armor.

Round 2, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (raging, blood frenzy, 11 dmg)
Ferdrin
Las

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Las takes a 5' step, pulls out his whip and attempts to disarm the raging sahaugin

Disarm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Recall Knowledge Nature on Sahaugin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 + Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Male NG Human Arcanist 3 | HP 14/17 | AC 10 T 10 FF 10 | CMB 0, CMD 10 | F+1 R+1 W+3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 1/9 | Tireless Logic: 1/1 | Volatile Conduit: 0/1 | Spells: 1st 0/6 | Active conditions: none

Ug, why won't you submit? This isn't going to end well.

[standard] Cast magic missile, using the Potent Magic exploit for CL+2, total CL5

All vs. black
Missile 1 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Missile 2 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Missile 3 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Las manages to wrench the harpoon from the sahuagin's grip. It clatters to the floor as Ferdrin's missiles strike home.

You hear some worrying shuffling sounds from the balcony to the south.

Round 3, those in bold may act wrote:

Party effects: Inspire Courage

Red
Andy
Hildan (10 dmg)
Blue
Ecthelien (16 dmg)
Black (raging, blood frenzy, 19 dmg)
Ferdrin
Las

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Was I able to learn anything about the Sahaugin combat abilities from the knowledge check? That "blood frenzy" sounds feral and ominous. Wondering if I was better off not disarming it?

Grand Lodge

m halfling Bard/4 [HP: 27/27] [INT: +4; perc: +10] [AC: 16/13/14] [saves: 4/8/7(see below)] [CMB: 2; CMD: 14/12] [bardic performance used: 15/23] [Move: 20]

Troubled by the sound to the South, Andy takes a 5' step to the North..."That doesn't sound good."...as he continues to sing...

If Andy can see to the top of the stairs:
Andy casts Glitterdust on the top of the stairs. Will DC=16.

Otherwise:
Andy casts Glitterdust at "Blue". Will DC=16

Glitterdust:
Glitterdust: Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S, M (ground mica) Range: medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level) Area: creatures and objects within 10-ft.-radius spread
Duration 1 round/level Saving Throw: Will negates (blinding only); Spell Resistance: no Description: A cloud of golden particles covers everyone and everything in the area, causing creatures to become blinded and visibly outlining invisible things for the duration of the spell. All within the area are covered by the dust, which cannot be removed and continues to sparkle until it fades. Each round at the end of their turn blinded creatures may attempt new saving throws to end the blindness effect. Any creature covered by the dust takes a –40 penalty on Stealth checks.


Las Lajas wrote:
Was I able to learn anything about the Sahaugin combat abilities from the knowledge check? That "blood frenzy" sounds feral and ominous. Wondering if I was better off not disarming it?

Yes, sorry, you get four questions. Note that the one you're fighting and the one with the crossbow are different types, so the answers may only apply to the one you're fighting.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Special attacks, Special defenses, Special abilities, anything else that would be useful.

Las tries get a read on the one with the crossbow.

K. Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 + Inspiration: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Special attacks: Rage and greater blood frenzy. Greater blood frenzy is similar to barbarian rage except with no loss of AC. The sahuagin can only use it after being injured, and it lasts for 1 minute or the rest of combat, whichever is shorter.

Greater blood frenzy also allows a creature with two claw attacks to rend, but this one doesn't have claw attacks.

Special defenses: None.

Special abilities: Blood frenzy and the ability to telepathically communicate with sharks within 150'.

How about a weakness? Exposed to sustained bright light, such as a daylight spell or a sunrod, it would be temporarily blinded and dazzled.

For the one with the crossbow, you get two questions.


And speaking of bright lights, yes, Andy can see to the top of the stairs...

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Andy's spell is greeted by a yelp and a hiss of pain from up on the balcony.

Liberty's Edge

Male Oread Monk (Manuevre Master/Student of the Stone) 3 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (22 Mage Armor) | T: 17 | FF: 15 (19 Mage Armor) | CMD: 23| Fort: +4 | Ref: +5| Will: +6 (+1 Mind affecting)| Init: +2 | Perc: +9| Sense Motive: +3 |

Hildan continues to try and squeeze and strike the troublesome sahaugin.

Flurry of Maneuvres
Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 5| HP 50/43 | Init +1 | AC: 15 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7| MW Whip +6(1d3+1) | Perception +10 | Diplo +9 | UMD +12 | Sense Motive +10 | Spellcraft +9 |DD +9
Active:
False Life 5hrs

Special attacks and Special abilities.

151 to 200 of 386 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nekome's Treacherous Waves (PbP Gameday VIII) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.