[PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 05-16 Destiny of the Sands part 3 (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Current map
Chronicles


351 to 400 of 919 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

As you get the "newer" body into the sarcophagus and ready to go, you realize that this ritual will only be able to work on a single body for the day. Per my description above about this being like speak with dead and only usable once a day, you can't swap out bodies and ask more questions and you can't come back later to do it, the spell last a few minutes, enough for you get get your four questions in.

You ask your first poorly phrased question and the mouth of the sarcophagus begins to move.
"To Explore, Report, and Cooperate. I almost made it through the explore part but that didn't really work out. I remember running, but soooo slow."

questions left 3


As the GM mocks them with a silly answer, what will they do next. Ask more detailed and specific questions or get on with their mission?

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Maybe ask what are the names of all companions that accomped her to this city?
Just trying to think of questions to ask, Do not ask it if you have better ones to ask.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Ouch, I'd better get more specific to avoid generic answers. I might need a little help here since I wasn't along for your part 1. It's been a looooooong time since I played it, and I haven't had time to read back through the hole thing. SO, I could be missing a crucial question.

What are the names of your companions whom you were exploring with?

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom nods, "Good question. I'd say try something more specific about their mission here next or about who sent them. If any questions left see if there is family she wants notified, unless you all can come up with better questions of course."

________________________

I don't recall part 1 providing any information relevant to this situation or at least can't figure out any specific crucial question to ask.


@Mechien this has nothing to do with part 1 so you should be fine, you're not missing anything here so far.

The mouth begins to move...
"Thanien Kiandal, Ven Lorovox, Kiras Lithron, Rosarra Springale"

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom pulls out an inkpen, dips it into a small vial of ink and records the names on a sheet of paper from his pack.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7
From GM post with Grand Master Torch wrote:


Once you complete all of Grandmaster Torch’s tasks to his satisfaction (which you have), he fulfills his part of the bargain by giving you several old maps. One is a map of Osirion, clearly marking Eto and an unnamed site to the north. The second map has a much smaller scale and marks the route between Eto and the mystery location. The last sheet has a charcoal drawing that depicts two large rock outcroppings connected by a smooth wall with a single gate. It is entitled “Seeker’s Folly” and signed “V.L.

Could V.L. be Ven Lorovox?

maybe ask about Seeker's Folly maybe?


Bossk Sharptooth wrote:
maybe ask about Seeker's Folly maybe?

You are at Seeker's Folly so not sure what you would want to ask about it that she would know. There is more to Asha's backstory which you could also ask about. And I'd recommend don't just ask something like how she died as you know you'll get a smart ass response like "blunt force trauma from falling pillar crushing her and couldn't run out of the way fast enough". Questions can also be compound to an extent. For example, you could have asked for her full name and the full names of each party member in her team. I gave you the full names even though you didn't strictly ask for them (mainly because it makes a better story).

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

"What is your backstory? Read it from your NPC sheet...." j/k

What did your group find here at Seeker's Folly before your demise?

Party- my next (and last?) question idea: How did Ven Lorovox obtain the map to here, or the information to make it?


The mouth begins to move and says:
"We discovered our leader Thanien examining some bodies and some gems and confronted him about their mission’s real goals. They were caught off guard when a spirit manifested, entrancing them with its maddening babble. It struck Ven with a curse, which enabled me to regain my senses and drag Ven back to the entry hall. The spirit pursued, and a stray spell shattered a pillar that crushed me—but not before I could shove Ven out of the way. He stumbled into the other room, and the last I heard was his pained screams."

Questions left: 1

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien looks up and about the group asking, any ideas about the final question folks? From that answer it's hard to tell is the manifested spirit interrupted getting an answer about their mission goals, or if she did get one and just left it out of the details.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom shrugs, "Mebbe sometin about the spirit?"

He turns to his allies, "Ya better take a holy water or two if ya don have one. Dat spirit is probably still dere."

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Unless somebody beats the GM response with a better question...

What is the nature of this spirit that you encountered, is there a particular reason why it was hostile?


The sarcophagus mouth speaks:
"Maybe if I had the Knowledge of Religion I might have a clue but I usually relied on Rosarra for that kind of information."

All of the questions are expended for the day

Where would you all like to head to next? There are a few doors to explore and a lonely looking elemental hanging out in the pool.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

The elf frowns at the last answer. Apologies, I tried to get relevant and specific info. At least we know there's some spirit to look out for...

Mechien begins moving back to the room where they found Asha, to try the East door.

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Cast detect magic, magical traps

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Mechien with you detect magic, are you able to detect the cursed stone that I have? And the real question is would you tell me about it? ;o)

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Anthony frowns to Khargrom and shows his open palms. "No holy water here. I wasn't expecting a ghost attack, and I was short on gold the last time I hit the shop. But I do have this."

He pats his spare wand of curing. "If someone's handy with a wand, they can use this to disrupt their unliving forms, however slightly."

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"We know more now than we did, so it wasn't a complete waste. Pluse, these scrolls might be handy." Ray picks up all of the magical papers and tries to organize them.

"I am handy with a wand, or tossing flasks at things, so I will hold on to a couple of those holy waters."

If no one else accepts Anthony's wand, Ray will take that too. "I hope I can make it work." Not on my spell list, but +9 UMD might work and better than nothing!


You check the door and don't find any traps, opening it and find a small room. The walls, floor, and ceiling are charred, and the burnt remnants of a few splintered boxes and barrels and a handful of corpses are scattered to the edges of the room.

Knowledge (arcana) or Spellcraft DC 23:
You can identify that at least part of the damage is the result of a fireball spell.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom hands over two of the found holy waters to Anthony, "Here ya go, no worries. Angradd provides if dere is preparation not available."

He tries to figure out what happened in the room, "Looks a lot like..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"...a Fireball spell. Big explosion, das probably what knocked de column over. Lessee if we can identify de bodies."

He moves in to check if anything remains of the remains.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)
Bossk Sharptooth wrote:
Mechien with you detect magic, are you able to detect the cursed stone that I have? And the real question is would you tell me about it? ;o)

Yes, sorry I missed that. You can definitely assume he would have told you.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Finding out that the stone is the cause of his slow reactions.

"Dame cursed stone begone!"

And Bossk throws the stone as far as he can out the door.

"There that should do it."
Then as he tries to walk across the room he finds that nothing he can do makes him move faster.

"The curse must have rubbed off the stone and on to me. What do I do?
Looking at the other party members in hopes they might have an answer.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Hmm, in such a tight space it seems like it might have been a trap. Which means we'll need to watch out for the same as we proceed...

Mechien looks at the corpses for any further clues before they move on.

Perception, check bodies: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

I'm betting some or all of these are additional Pathfinder's from Asha's group.


The burnt remains in the small room are unrecognizable. You don't see any indication that they could have been Pathfinders or any other group.

You are next to another door and there are some other doors back out in the courtyard. Take your pick.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"Shall we continue?" Ray asks, hiding behind the front line.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien nods and opens the double doors in front of them, to the South.

Always Be Pushin' forward.


The ceiling of this natural cavern sparkles with thousands of tiny crystals, while the center of the cave is split by a chasm that wends deeper underground. A stone bridge stretches over the gap. At the center of the bridge rises a black granite obelisk, covered with gems and hieroglyphics. The obelisk is a masterpiece of sculpture, with flawless lines and beautifully rendered images of the past. Large double doors provide an exit to the north while an open archway to the south is covered with wall carvings and leads to a hallway.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom carefully leads the group forward, looking for traps and dangers as usual. If none appear, he glances over the edge to see how far the fall might be.

_________

Darkvision 60 ft if that matters.


It looks like the chasm floor is about 50' below the bridge.

Perceptions:

Anthony: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Bossk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 (darkvision, scent when raging)
Khargrom: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (darkvision, +1 traps, +2 stonework, +3 stonetraps)
Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Shukara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (darkvision)
Mechien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

DC 15+:
You spot a faint glow from below in the chasm.


Once more with feeling.

Perceptions:

Anthony: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bossk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 (darkvision, scent when raging)
Khargrom: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 3 = 21 (darkvision, +1 traps, +2 stonework, +3 stonetraps)
Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Shukara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 (darkvision)
Mechien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

DC 18+:
As you get closer to the obelisk on the bridge, you see the jeweled eyes in the obelisk turning to look at you. Knowledge (Religion) to know more.

Khargrom:
Your rogue senses tingle and you easily recognize a trap and can warn others before they trigger it. You can ask someone to do the Knowledge (religion) check about it.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom glances over the edge, "Hey, dere's a tiny little light down dere. I wonder what... WOAH!"

He holds his hand up and points at the obelisk, "I don know what it is, but dere's something up widdem jeweled eyes. Don get closer, but take a look an lemme know what ya think."

K: Religion per the DC 18 spoiler to know more.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

I see what you mean, but I have no idea what the light could be. These jeweled eyes are creepy.

The elf makes a point to stop and stare into one for several moments, before ultimately losing the staring contest and letting out an exuberant shudder.


Looks like about a 50' climb (DC 15) to get down there. You could also use a couple of ropes tied together to make it easier.

Knowledge Religion DC 18+:
The obelisk is haunted. You have no clue how to destroy it (not a normal thing (i.e. channeling wont work)). You realize someone has to trigger it and see what happens but everyone else should probably not look at it.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Kn.Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

"This obelisk is haunted. Don't waste positive divine energy at it. Don't look at it either. Not sure but I seem to remember something similar in my studies where someone had to walk to it with closed eyes."

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien backs away from the obelisk suddenly and moves towards the far door.

Oh! Then I'll definitely not be making any more... eye contact with it.

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Anthony lets out a sigh as he hears the news. "Haunted? And it can't be handled with simple holy magic? That sounds difficult."

With a wry smile, the scholar grasps his staff and marches, slowly, towards the bridge. The bottom of the staff taps the floor with each step, swaying back and forth. Anthony's eyes are closed tight as he slowly approaches the obelisk.

"Nothing we can't handle, right?" he says, smiling and nodding blindly towards a space about five feet away from the sound of Shukara's voice.


As Anthony approaches the obelisk spirits pour out of the obelisk, and a wave of desert heat washes over the area. The spirits dive at him and touch him.

Anthony Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The spirits whisper the word “Remember.” All creatures within 50 feet of the haunt see visions of the dead rising up from ancient tombs, armies of divs marching forth from a massive structure of black stone, and a plague of locusts sweeping over the land. The vision and spirits fade after 3 rounds.

You feel like it is safe now to take a look at the obelisk. The writing details the history of Osirion. The hieroglyphics are masterfully rendered, and the gems set in the figures’ eyes gleam in the light. Studying the obelisk provides a +2 bonus when attempting any Knowledge checks for information about Osirion during the Age of Destiny.

As Mechien moves up he triggers more box text.


The arch around the north entrance to this hallway is covered with detailed carvings depicting the life and accomplishments of a female pharaoh. A charred corpse covered in flecks of glass is visible just inside the hallway.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom flinches back when he sees the visions springing forward, but then breathes a sigh of relief as it all fades. "Remember? Well dat's what we do. Dig up old stuff and catalog it. Anyone wanna help me go down into da crevice and see what dat light is? I just need anoder rope and help holding this end up here."

______________

Intentions, tie his 50 ft silk rope and another 50 ft rope together and then knot them to make it easier to climb. Secure it up here or have it held by several allies. Climb down the rope bracing against the wall. Climb Take 10: 10 + 6 = 16


@Khargrom You can't take 10 on the climb but with a knotted rope (DC5), you can't fail the check either with your +6. You can easily tie two ropes together and secure the rope to the obelisk and make your way down and back up.

At the bottom of the chasm is the dry, crumpled remains of what appears to be a Pathfinder as the light is coming from a nearly spent, broken, scarab-embossed wayfinder. Looting the body you find a wand, gem, and ring. Someone can attempt to identify the things (make three spellcraft rolls if you're interested in trying).

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Anthony lets out a little yelp as the visions assault his senses, caught off guard by the fact that his blindness didn't protect him. When it ends, his eyelids flutter open and he regains his composure.

"I, uhm... certainly WILL remember something like that."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

"Watch that stone it could be cured. You don't want to end up like me." As Bossk slowly makes his way.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom watches intently as his allies attempt to identify the items, "I'm workin on learning dat skill. Almost had da magic down last time."

He looks back down at the body still in the crevice he was unable to recover on his scouting trip, "Should we pull it up now or wait till we check da whole place?"

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

In case any of those rolls don't make it.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Well, we can't ask that body any questions today, soooo let's move on.

Mechien leads the group further South into the next room, keeping a watchful eye out. He keeps his bow out just in case.

Perception, traps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Detect magic, auras/magical traps


Doing this in order: wand, gem, ring.

Ray fail, fail, fail. And you can't take the ring off, seems to be stuck.

Ray:
The ring is cursed and as part of trying to identify it, you get stuck with it. Ring of Truth. Feel free to play that as you want, there is a DC to try to resist answering if you're asked anything.

Anthony fail, Gem of Brightness, fail but the ring is stuck on Ray's hand.

Bossk senses a disturbance in the force (a little too sloooooowwwwww).

Mechien Wand of Protection from Evil (10 charges), gem you already know so using the good roll on the ring which is stuck on Ray's hand. You think the ring was a Ring of Maniacal Devices at least, that is what it looks like. But it appears to be cursed now and is a Ring of Truth. I also moved you back to before the hallway as you sense a disturbance in the force with that perception check. You detect a mechanical trap in the hallway.

The arch around this hallway is covered with detailed carvings depicting the life and accomplishments of a female pharaoh.

Knowledge (history) DC 20:
You identify the woman in the carvings as the Song Pharaoh, whose death began the slow decline of the Ancient Osirion dynasties. Succeeding at this check also reveals that two aspects of the carving don’t match historical records; the carvings show her defeated by the Pharaoh of Forgotten Plagues, whom she famously overthrew, and her being born in Shiman-Sekh, when she is known to have founded that city. Discovering this provides a +5 bonus on checks to locate the bypass switches for the nearby trap.

A charred corpse covered in flecks of glass is visible just inside the trapped hallway. The corpse lies inside the hallway, slightly past the threshold. You can drag his body out from the hallway with reach weapons without stepping inside.

Perceptions:

Bossk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 (darkvision, scent when raging)
Khargrom: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 (darkvision, +1 traps, +2 stonework, +3 stonetraps)
Shukara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 (darkvision)

Darkvision Perception DC 15:
You can spot broken ruby fragments on the table in the next room.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien points out the item properties for his teammates, giving Ray a sideways look as he explains that the ring is stuck.

Yeah, maybe let me have a look at such things first the next time around. I'm sure we'll find a way to get it off eventually...

As he moves towards the next room he stops short.

There's a mechanical trap here. Who's good for disarming it?

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom points out what he sees, "ruby fragments in the next room. We might have found one of the gems, I hope it being broken doesn't cause an issue."

"Where? I'll give it a go. Everyone step back please."

Khargrom will attempt to disarm the trap if he is able to see it. He waits until everyone has stepped back and pulls out his tools to give it a go.

Disable Attempt:
Disable Device + MW Thieves Tools + vs. Traps: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Anthony looks into the darkness, frowning. Then he looks over to the Gem of Brightness. "Hmm..."

Then he considers the cursed items currently weighing his friends down and reconsiders. "Does anyone have a spare light source? In my foolishness, I seem to have gone without preparing a magical countermeasure."

351 to 400 of 919 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS CORE 5-12 Destiny of the Sands, Part 1: A Bitter Bargain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.