[PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 05-16 Destiny of the Sands part 3 (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Current map
Chronicles


401 to 450 of 919 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Khargrom is able to neutralize the trap.

Anthony the scenario has some odd descriptions of the light level so I haven't been worrying too much about it. For example, it describes how the light reflects off the obelisk "the gems set in the figures’ eyes gleam in the light" yet you are indoors in a cavern with no real light source. Then the very next room calls out for specifically Darkvision. I'm assuming there are light sconces with magical light sources in this place.

Moving along, there is a charred body in the hall and a view into the next room.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

After Khargrom disables the trap Mechien nods in thanks at him and continues into the hallway.

Hmm, good thing we noticed that trap. Looks like it burned this fellow. He observes about the body before moving into the next room.

The elf stops at the door and turns his gaze slowly from left and right, scanning the large room for further hazards.

perception, traps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Detect magic, magical traps/auras

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Still feeling like he is dragging a dead horse behind him, he places his hands on his hips finding a small stone tucked in his belt.
"I curse you back rock, begone!"
And throws the stone far away from him again.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom moves up as the elf pushes forward. He keeps an eye out for further traps or enemies since there are quite a few dangers they've already discovered.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"I can make some dancing lights to lead the way. But let's be honest, we are all going to die here... now why did I say that?"


Mechien you observe that the body has a pack. You don't perceive any traps. You detect some magic at the table up ahead.
Bossk appears to be playing catch with himself.
Khargrom you don't sense any additional traps.
Ray always the optimist sends some light ahead to light the way.

As you all move up a little bit being wary, we get to the next room.


This large columned chamber shows signs of past comforts, but an ancient battle scorched the walls and ceiling, and cracked and smashed the floor and columns. The remnants of furniture are scattered against the walls, and piles of bodies are stacked in the sleeping alcoves along the south and west walls. A dais crowned with a great, round table rises from the floor in the south part of the room. Three corpses sit around the table as if in conference, each dressed in fine silk robes. A slight breeze whistles through with a sound like a distant, murmuring voice, but there is no sense or meaning in it. An open hallway to the north leads to a natural cavern. Stairs lead downward in the northeast corner of the room, but were buried in stone when the wall collapsed.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Once Mechien gives them the 'all clear: no traps' signal, Shukara enters and inspects the area quietly.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom moves up warily to the table (path shown with an arrow), watching for dangers and intending to investigating the bodies and the ruby shards.

For some reason he feels more comfortable whispering though the bodies are probably just dead, "Ya tink dese were sages? Is dat ruby one of dere's maybe?"


Shukara you move in and everything seems pretty normal for being in a secret lair in the middle of a desert.
Khargrom you think these were definitely sages based on the colors of their robes and the robes you guys found earlier in the chest. They are wearing robes in the color of Topaz, Emerald, and Ruby. The shards on the table look, to the trained stone master, like a shattered ruby. This triggers a latent memory in you that you were supposed to do something should you find something like this.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom turns back to his allies but continues whispering out of habit, "Hey dis definitely one of dem gems. Call our patron on dat stone. Anemone... Amenome... Amenaphawhatever his name was."

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien carefully checks the pack on the body, opening it and peering inside for any identifying objects or other clues of interest.

After, he then approaches the table to get a closer read on the aura he picked up.

Knowledge (Arcana), identify aura: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 ouch


As you root around in the pack you find two things: his notes and a letter.
1) His notes record his suspicions about a trap in the hallway and that he had located a switch to bypass it. Using his notes as a reference grants you an additional +5 circumstance bonus on checks made to find the bypass switches for the trap.
2) There is a letter bearing the seal of the Decemvirate.

Player Handout #3 wrote:

Thanien,

Our agents in Qadira unearthed documents that were taken out of Osirion during the interregnum. They speak of an ancient group of scholar revolutionaries that were suppressed by the pharaohs during the Second Age. We believe we’ve pinpointed the abandoned fortress where some of these sages hid from the purges with their treasures. The documents say these scholars held priceless histories of Ancient Osirion, which we need you to retrieve and return to Absalom.

Assemble a team of the Scarab Seekers and follow the instructions that arrived with this letter. We’ve set up a cover for you as merchants and prepared a caravan that should see you close to the fortress and provide transport for anything you recover.

If the Osirians discover your purpose, we can’t have it traced back to the Society. Once you go in, you’re on your own. Burn this letter and the other documents once you’ve memorized them, and keep the information they conveyed to yourself.

Perceptions:

Anthony: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Bossk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 (darkvision, scent when raging)
Khargrom: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 (darkvision, +1 traps, +2 stonework, +3 stonetraps)
Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Shukara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 (darkvision)
Mechien: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Perception DC 10:
You can hear the sound of echoing footsteps and voices approaching from behind you (the way you came).

Initiative:

Anthony: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Bossk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Khargrom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Ray: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Shukara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Mechien: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
GM: 1d20 ⇒ 12

You feel like you have about 30 seconds to get your exploration or preparations done. You can just say what you want to do for 5 rounds and if you depend on someone else's actions, state it, like gather up for a buff or something. Or you can do stuff like move up to your speed and perceive to look around more or find a good hiding spot or ambush spot. You can just list the 5 rounds and then we go from there.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom hears the voices from behind them and elips up to hide by the entrance to the room they are in, quietly hiding and waiting there with a dart in one hand and his warhammer in the other.

He whispers, "Some of ya talk to dem, I'll hide in case dey turn out to need a whalloping. Just give the signal for that by saying you are tired and need a nap."

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

I figure that will take 2-3 rounds to complete. He will quietly wait for the remainder, hopefully hidden.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Shukara will pry the knowledge gems out of the old scholars' skulls for four rounds, and if they don't have those, she'll just carefully scoop up the ruby shards then she'll melt into the shadows on the opposite side of the hallway to Khargrom.

Last Round 5 Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Khargrom is hiding near the entrance.
Shukara as you look at the table and the bodies there, you don't see any other gems, only the fragments of the Ruby. You are able to scoop up the fragments that Mechien was looking at which had a faint magic aura. I'll assume you stuck them in your belt pouch. You are hiding on the other side of the entrance.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

I assume the curse that I have is like a slow spell, only one action per turn.

Round 1 Bossk walks forward to the bridge. (move action)
Round 2 Bossk gets his whetstone from is pack (move action)
Round 3 Bossk sharpens his Falchion (Standard Action)
Round 4 Bossk puts away the whetstone (move Action)
Round 5 Bossk waits to see what happens

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Yes... my... belt.... pouch.... :P


Bossk Sharptooth wrote:
I assume the curse that I have is like a slow spell, only one action per turn.

Not like the Slow spell at all. Keep in mind it is only a Stone of Weight so it only slows down your base move speed, you still get your full actions if you want to do anything additional.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien reads the note and chuckles to himself. Hehe. He burned everything on himself but the note. The elf folds up the letter and place it along with the trap notes in his pack. Just then his ears perk up at someone approaching...

I'm guessing we're far beyond the hour from which he cast mage armor? or has this all been going pretty quickly?

The elf cross the room and backs into one of the far alcoves.

Round 1 [move] 25' S
Round 2 [move] draw bow
IF his mage armor has worn off...
Round 3 [standard] use bonded object to re-cast mage-armor.

Rounds 4, 5... wait?


Mechien Segla wrote:
I'm guessing we're far beyond the hour from which he cast mage armor? or has this all been going pretty quickly?

Lets say it's still up but barely. You did spend a little while getting the other body and questioning it in the sarcophagus. Then you waited while Khargrom climbed down the crevasse to check out the other body. But you didn't explore all the other doors off the courtyard.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Ray digs through the scrolls they have found, and offers to use them on everyone.

"Scroll of bless, I should try that, but I am not very familiar with the more divine magics. Anyone else wanna use it?"

"Bossk, here let me make your blade work better with this little ditty..." Cast a scroll of magic weapon on Bossk.

Looking at the scroll of ghostbane dirge, and a scroll of resist energy, Ray shrugs and pulls out his wand of enfeeblement, finding a good rock to hide behind.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)
GM Scott wrote:
Mechien Segla wrote:
I'm guessing we're far beyond the hour from which he cast mage armor? or has this all been going pretty quickly?
Lets say it's still up but barely. You did spend a little while getting the other body and questioning it in the sarcophagus. Then you waited while Khargrom climbed down the crevasse to check out the other body. But you didn't explore all the other doors off the courtyard.

Fair enough, then Mechien has three rounds left to use but likely doesn't have anything to do with them. I suppose we could ready actions...

Round 3 [standard] Ready action: fire bow at foe who enters through the same passage or appears anywhere visible in the room.

You need help with ay of those scrolls, Ray? Ghostbane dirge seems like a good candidate for Khargrom getting up close with foes. sneak attacks

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Ghostbane Dirge only helps make incorporeal enemies less incorporeal. It has little to do with sneak attacks. Is no one interested in talking to the people before attempting to murder them?

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

"Let's make sure they are foes, before we slaughter them."

That make life much better, I thought Bossk turned into having zombie speed with the curse.
Does it make him like he has a heavy pack on? Just wondering since he gains 10' with light, or medium loads. So will his speed be 15'(just half speed with loss of extra due to weight, 20' half of normal speed, or 25' half of base speed plus the extra 10'?

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Sure, but so far the only reasonable humanoids we've encountered in this place are dead. Optimism is fine, but I remain guarded until I feel otherwise.

The elf remains hunkered down in his corner.

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Anthony lets out a sigh as he hears footsteps, drawing his wand of mage armor. "Never is simple with these jobs, is it?"

He taps himself with it, covering his body in protective magic before offering the same protection to Shukara. Then, he tucks it back into his clothing.

Not seeing himself as much of a skulker, he backs further into the room and the protection of his friends, turning around and looking towards the source of the footsteps with a forcibly softened expression and folded arms.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Mechien nocks an arrow while he waits. Are you getting nervous Anthony? I suspect you're better at talking, if they do turn out to be friendly.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Shukara nods to Anthony.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"This appears to be a hot bed for tomb raiders. I doubt we have friends coming in after us. Still, I am always anxious to avoid a fight. I am quite the coward." Now why did I say that!?!


Everyone had a chance to prepare and then in walk a couple of people coming from the same direction you came from.

GM:

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The guy (Red) yells loudly/angrily Who are you? Come out and quit hiding over there I can see you.
You may roll a sense motive if you like.

Ray:
You feel compelled to answer truthfully because of the ring. DC 20 Will if you want to try to resist answering.

Khargrom:
I don't recall you healing after the last fight. I have you down 8HP. Did you want to use one of those rounds to heal up?

Status Card wrote:

Cavern -- Current Time (0:31)

Group conditions:

Round 6
Ray - dmg; Ring of Truth DC 20 Will to resist
Shukara - dmg; reroll used;
Anthony - dmg; mage armor AC16
Bossk - dmg; reroll used; Stone of Weight half land speed
Person 1 red - dmg;
Person 2 green - dmg;
Person 3 blue - dmg;
Mechien - dmg; mage armor AC17
Khargrom 8 dmg; reroll used; diseased (onset 1 day)

Bold may act.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

GM:
I completely missed that, my bad. I should have had Ray try with my wand. If that option is allowed during prep, he will ask Ray to give it a go. Ray UMD DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

And if it isn't allowed for Ray to help due to lack of available actions for him (or other reasons) then Khargrom will slam back his potion of CLW.

Either way, the healing will be 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Khargrom stays quiet, he knows a bluff tactic when he hears one. Always expect a hidden enemy and sometimes they'll give themselves away if you pretend to know they are there.


Khargrom:
I think Ray had an extra couple of actions to take care of using your wand so we'll use that and you can save the potion for later. I have you at down 1HP now.
For the sense motive you think he is just angry with you all, aka "unfriendly." And you know he sees you back there when he looks right at you.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

"What you mean I am not hiding. I am right here, are ye blind?"

Bossk leans on his Falchion smiling.

"Why are you trying to sneak up on us? Who do you work for?"
Bossk try to find out more about the interlopers.
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Well at least it was not a 1

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom looks back at the dude, "Obviously ya don know da difference between a dwarf standing dere and one trying to hide. Feh."

He steps out, "Now den, why are you so upset? Less work dis out."

Diplomacy Aid Ray: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Ray blurts out his name and that you all are Pathfinders, then covers his mouth like he wasn't trying to say anything more. Then decides better and realizes he should really say something. Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 He asks who this new person is and what he is doing here.
Shukara attempts to say something nice to assist Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5
Anthony attempts to say something nice to assist Diplomacy: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Bossk tries to say something but looks a bit to menacing.

Tensions don't seem that high so Yjalk introduces himself and reveals that he seeks a powerful weapon hidden in these ruins—one he believes would aid him in battle against a linnorm. He begins looking around and moves towards the room you all just entered to have a look. "Have you found anything in here?"

You could take attacks of opportunity if you like or just let him wander around. But you don't feel like this has to be a battle yet. If you let him by then he wanders to the table and has a look around. If anyone attacks, he will stop there and we'll go from there. Just post if you intend to do something.

Ray:
You feel the urge to answer the question again honestly.

Status Card wrote:

Cavern -- Current Time (0:31)

Group conditions:

Round 6
Yjalk red - dmg;
Person 2 green - dmg;
Person 3 blue - dmg;
Mechien - dmg; mage armor AC17
Khargrom 1 dmg; reroll used; diseased (onset 1 day)

Round 7
Ray - dmg; Ring of Truth DC 20 Will to resist
Shukara - dmg; reroll used;
Anthony - dmg; mage armor AC16
Bossk - dmg; reroll used; Stone of Weight half land speed

Bold may act.

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

We found some fallen pathfinders, and we found a way to speak to them. None mentioned a powerful weapon. Tell us more about it. Is it a mighty sword perhaps? Or a wizard's staff?

Mechien eases the tension on his bow as he comes more intrigued and less threatened by their new interloper.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"Oh yah! We found loads of stuff. Some pretty rocks, and some very interesting papers. In fact, some of them seem to contain spells. I could read a few of them, but ya know I never studied much, so I couldn't read them all. Was my own fault - my mum wanted me to study, but I just didn't want too. I think the others found some neat things too. My friend there found a big stone that he just can't seem to put down. Oh, and we found bodies. Some dead. You are still alive though, and we found you too. And this ring! Wow, is is cool - I can't seem to even take it off, not that I really tried to hard yet. But why would I? I think it makes me look more important. We are looking for weapons too - wanna do a team up?"

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

"Do you have an idea what this weapon looks like or does?"
Bossk tries to keep pace with Yjalk and still keeps an eye on Yjalk. Knowing if a fight does break out, Bossk is going to make sure that this Yjalk fellow will be the first to die.

"What rooms have you checked? What makes you think that it is here?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Well at least that is over double from the last roll

Still trying to get more information from Yjalk

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom just stands there watching as his allies talk talk and talk. But the person doesn't seem to mind the chatter, seems to just be here for some fabled weapon. The dwarf watches as they wander inside the room and then goes over to the collapsed tunnel and begins investigating it like any good being born of stone, muttering about failed tunnel engineering.

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

"Ohh? A weapon? Well, I certainly hope you find one. I'd hate for you to go into battle against this 'linnorm' creature unprepared."

Anthony would like to make some kind of knowledge check to know what a linnorm is, or if any memorable people/places/things sound similar. What would work best?

While he considers the exotic sounding name, he eyes the man up and down to check out his armaments and equipment. Perhaps he can tell if it looks like a local crime gang, or perhaps rival faction to the Pathfinders?

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Mechien relaxes a bit and asks the newcomer a few questions.
Khargrom takes a look at the collapsed section and thinks this was ancient damage from a long time ago.
Ray gives an excellent accounting of what you've done thus far.
Shukara might have fallen asleep standing up. (Delays)
Anthony Knowledge (arcana) would be appropriate. He looks like a barbarian Ulfen of the North.
Bossk asks some more questions of the newcomers.

Yjalk introduces his second in command Signe and the other "Red Shirt" guy. He tells you that he is just there looking for a weapon but he has no idea what it looks like or where it might be. They looked in some of the rooms as they came in but didn't see anything too interesting other than the elemental in the pool. They didn't see anything in the stables which looked they hadn't been used in many years.

He seems kind of indifferent to you all and invites himself to explore the rest of the ruins with the you.

You are out of combat for now.

Status Card wrote:

Cavern -- Current Time (0:31)

Group conditions:

Mechien - dmg; mage armor AC17
Khargrom 1 dmg; reroll used; diseased (onset 1 day)
Ray - dmg; Ring of Truth DC 20 Will to resist
Shukara - dmg; reroll used;
Anthony - dmg; mage armor AC16
Bossk - dmg; reroll used; Stone of Weight half land speed

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom begins searching this room for any hidden objects, un-hidden objects or anything else of interest. "Let's give dis place a good searching and den work our way back out, check any rooms we mighta missed."

How much time would taking 20 on perception to search the room take, if even allowed?

The Concordance

Male CG Elf Evoker 3 | HP 14/14 | AC14 T13 FF11 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+0 R+4 W+5 | Init+5 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Force Missile: 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Spells: 1st-burning hands, mage armor, shield, summon monster i; 2nd-flaming sphere, scorching ray (2) | Active conditions: mage armor (2h)

Well, okay, we've checked all of the rooms off of the main hall. Perhaps we should venture back out into the courtyard where our group had passed by some rooms.

Mechien attempts to lead them out to one of the unexplored doors, but he's careful to let them check the doors and enter first.

Better that they soak up any traps...

Grand Lodge

Wizard 1 | AC 12+4 T 12 FF 10+4 | HP 9/9 | F +2 R +2 W +3 | Init +4 | Perc +1 | Active Buffs: Mage Armor

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


@Anthony You recall some flavor text about Linnorms: Treacherous primeval dragons of the northern regions of the world, linnorms thrive on their hatred for those they deem to be lesser creatures and seek to inflict as much suffering as possible unto their unfortunate victims. Sweeping bones and treasures alike into giant piles in its lair, the typical linnorm has a barbaric nature made all the worse by its insatiable greed and atrocious gluttony. Few creatures are as bold and as cruel as linnorms, and for that most people are thankful. You also know that they are so far above your pay grade (minimum CR14) that anyone dumb/brave enough to go up against one is probably also way above your pay grade or just plain insane. Probably safer to assume the latter in this case.

As Mechien and Khargrom think about leaving the room to explore a bit more the room trembles, the brazier in the center of the table ignites with emerald fire, and a spectral form rises from the flames. Knowledge (religion) to know more.

Yjalk and his crew flee at the creatures appearance leaving you all alone to deal with it.

Initiative:

Anthony: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Bossk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Khargrom: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Ray: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Shukara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Mechien: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
GM: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Status Card wrote:

Gathering Hall -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Round 1
Ray - dmg; Ring of Truth DC 20 Will to resist
Khargrom 1 dmg; reroll used; diseased (onset 1 day)
Bossk - dmg; reroll used; Stone of Weight half land speed
Anthony - dmg; mage armor AC16
Shukara - dmg; reroll used; has ruby shards
GM
Mechien - dmg; mage armor AC17

Bold may act.

Scarab Sages

* * * * * C O R E * * * * * Female LN Dwarf Monk 2 - Init +2, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +8, AC 19/ touch 15/ ff 17; hp 24/24, F+6, R+5, W+6, Speed 20 ft. Skills Acrobatics 7, Appraise 1, Bluff -3, Climb 6, Diplomacy -3, Disguise -3, Escape Artist 6, Fly 2, Heal 3, Intimidate -3, Knowledge (religion) 5, Perception 8, Ride 2, Sense Motive 7, Stealth 6, Survival 3, Swim 6

Kn.Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


You know this is an Allip which is an incorporeal undead. You can ask one question.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Common Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 (Result capped at 10)

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Seeing the spirit rise up and Yjalk and his crew run like scared cats.

Bossk screams at Yjalk "Coward! Stand and meet this threat or you and yours are no better than a sand fleas."

Bossk moves forward as far has is weak, slow legs can take him. As he moves he gets his oil of magic weapon and applies it to his Falchion.

Move action: Move 20' and get the oil
Stand. Action: Apply oil to Falchion
Free action: Yell at Yjalk

401 to 450 of 919 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS CORE 5-12 Destiny of the Sands, Part 1: A Bitter Bargain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.