[PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 05-16 Destiny of the Sands part 3 (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Current map
Chronicles


501 to 550 of 919 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Thank you Bossk, better to be prepared.

he gladly accepts and utilizes the endure elements wand.


As you are following the trail and attempt a bonus survival check Survival: 16 + 2 = 18 fail.

It's hot outside and some of you use wands to mitigate the heat. Other think they are superhuman with their new mythic abilities and leave their fate to chance.

Fort save Kyra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 fail. Fatigued
Fort save Kyra: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 fail.
Fort save Ray: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 fail. Fatigued
Fort save Ray: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Fort save Yoon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Fort save Yoon: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Kyra NL damamge: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Kyra NL damamge: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Ray NL damamge: 1d4 ⇒ 2

As a reminder, you can always surge the dice rolls after you learn the results.

Khargrom spots the stone trap door and checks it for traps and finds nothing of interest. He heads into the passage way leading the team.

After descending down a roughly hewn tunnel, you reach a long underground gallery.

Status Card wrote:

PILLARS OF THE SUN -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Bossk - dmg; endure elements
Ray 2 NL dmg; Fatigued
Khargrom - dmg; endure elements
Yoon - dmg;
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements
Kyra 6 NL dmg; Fatigued

If you want to heal yourself before the next room, please note it. And some of the pregens have free cure light wounds wands with max charges.


Enigmatic hieroglyphs cover just about every surface of this chamber excavated into the mountain. Bas-relief engravings stretch along the walls all the way from the lofty, tapered ceiling down to floor level, their eerie pictography suggesting an unnerving story. Toppled columns, crumbling shreds of cloth, and potsherds scattered throughout the chamber attest to the place’s abandonment and antiquity. Small holes in the vaulted ceiling let in thin beams of sunlight but do little to illuminate the chamber.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom waits to see what light sources are going to be used behind him before sneaking ahead (~20 ft) to look for traps and other dangers.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


The glyphs in the walls are extremely old, predating the creation of the Ancient Osiriani language, but the pictography is mostly representative rather than symbolic, which facilitates comprehension.
To decipher the glyphs:

DC 17 Linguistics:

You are able to decipher the glyphs and learn about the history of the forgotten cult that built this place. The pictograms tell the story of two monsters fallen from the stars in the aftermath of Earthfall.
The creatures mentioned in the glyphs - bizarre two-tailed, lion-sized quadrupeds with tentacled manes encircling their necks. Eager to unravel the mysteries of the great beyond, an ancient cabal of wizards retrieved and hatched the things cocoons for study, imprisoning the creatures in a cage. The cultists worshipped the outer gods and performed foul rites, summoning and dismissing the vilest types of otherworldly horrors with the intent of contacting an emissary of the Great Old Ones who would finally disclose the deepest secrets of the Dark Tapestry. These encounters are minutely documented in the 20-foot-tall walls, which also predict when certain stars might align with the narrow holes in the ceiling above.

DC 16 Knowledge (dungeoneering):
You identify the creatures mentioned in the glyphs as akatas—bizarre two-tailed, lion-sized quadrupeds with tentacled manes encircling their necks

DC 15 Knowledge (engineering) check or DC 20 Perception {stone bonus applies}:
Tremors and time have weakened the columns in this area, leaving them sturdy enough to climb, yet poorly anchored and easily toppled. You notice these properties and judge that, so long as several columns were to remain standing, the room would not collapse.

Tracks lead into the temple from the east and continue to the west. Thanks to the thick layer of dust in this area, you have no difficulty following the tracks.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Bossk seeing a few of the party members falter due to the heat. He offers his wand to them. "Remember after the heat is the cold."

Following Khargrom in and takes a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Watch yourselves, the columns are not locked into place. And can fall over easy. Lucky for us we only need a few of them to hold the room from collapse.
What are the pictures on the wall?"

Scratching his chin he thinks "It would be a good place for a trap"

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Linguistics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

The dwarf runs his fingers slowly over the stone words, carefully putting together his best guess.

"Shows da history of a forgotten cult dat built dis place. Pictograms tell story of two monsters fallen from da stars after Earthfall. Creatures are bizarre two-tailed, lion-sized quadrupeds wid tentacled manes. Seems like dere was some ancient group of wizards who retrieved and hatched da dang cocoons for study, imprisoning da creatures in a cage. Cultists worshipped da outer gods and performed foul rites, summoning and dismissing the vilest types of horrors with da intent of contacting an emissary of da Great Old Ones who would finally disclose da deepest secrets of da Dark Tapestry. See here where dese encounters are documented? Dis also predicts when certain stars might align with da narrow holes in the ceiling above."

Knowledge: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Dem creatures mentioned in the glyphs are Akatas, bizarre two-tailed, lion-sized quadrupeds with tentacled manes encircling their necks."

He turns to Bossk with a smile, "Everywhere is a good place for a trap."

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Ray is so waylaid by the oppressive heat, he just isn't paying mush attention to his surroundings.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Seltyiel walks over to the furthest set of toppled columns.

He remarks at Khargrom's information.

Okay, but I don't see any of those things here. In fact there's not much of anything here...

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

The dwarf shrugs, "Knowing about what we migh run into is always important, it helps us make a plan. Speaking of a plan, you look tough. I expect you plan to slash stuff with that nice scimitar, righ?" He looks over the rest of the group, "So I think Bossk, the half-elf here and me will probably work to keep the enemies all distracted by beating on dem and da rest of you can blast away from range. Sound like a plan if we come across nasty beasties like the ones mentioned on dese walls?"

Now that he has a plan, whether or not anyone follows it, he picks up the trail of footprints again. The dwarf sneaks ahead of the group once more looking for the usual dangers.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"What" Oh yah, firing from a safe distance... I can get behind that plan!"


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

As they reach the cool underground tunnels, Kyra drinks water and uses her wand to remove the sunburns...

Wand of CLW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7

She also does the same to Ray:

Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

"The creatures are call what? AA Akatas? Not sure I have heard of the before. Anyone know about them?"
Know Nature...maybe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Sounds like a plan Khargrom. Just watch our backs Ray, hate for something to get behind us."

And Bossk moves in along the wall, keeping a watchful eye for strange two-tailed, lion-sized quadrupeds wild tentacled manes monsters.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Don't forget to move your tokens on the map...I am sure nothing is going to jump out at us, since the gm put up a new map.. ;o)


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

"Aww, looks like they both got sunbun, Gom!" says Yoon, speaking to the stuffed owlbear hanging from her belt. She gives it a pat.

"See, when you know how fire works, it doesn't burn you so much." the small child claps her hands together to articulate, sparks spilling from between her palms as though she slammed two hot goals together. These embers continue to hover around her, glowing softly.

Dumping a point of burn into searing flesh. May as well turn on my elemental overflow.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"Thanks... that does feel better. Boy, does it get hot out there!"


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

"Drink plenty of water my friends. The effects of the sun are not always visible, as it works in mysterious ways. Praise the Dawnflower!"


As you are all getting into the caverns Kyra uses her wand and cures away all of the damage and fatigue. Everyone is feeling better and adjusting to the low lighting conditions in this long hallway. You read some of the interesting story on the walls and discover a bit about the cult that used this place a long time ago. You head down the long hall.

Khargrom sneaks forward trying to be stealthy but the rest of the party sounds like a parade of jingles and jangley bits echoing off the walls. Distracted by the amount of noise everyone is making, he almost steps on something but stops just short. Opposed Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13 You are not detected.

Initiative:

Bossk: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Khargrom: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Kyra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Seltyiel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Yoon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
GM: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Make sure I got your new initiative modifier right

GM:

Opposed Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Opposed Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Opposed Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Opposed Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Opposed Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Opposed Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:00)

Group conditions:

Round Surprise
Ray - dmg;
Khargrom - dmg; endure elements
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements
Yoon - dmg;
GM Red 1 - dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
GM Red 2 - dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
GM Blue 4 - dmg; prone; Knowledge (religion) to know more;
GM Blue 5 - dmg; prone; Knowledge (religion) to know more;
GM Blue 6 - dmg; prone; Knowledge (religion) to know more;
GM Blue 7 - dmg; prone; Knowledge (religion) to know more;
Kyra - dmg;
Bossk - dmg; endure elements

Bold may act.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Kyra is at +3 on the initiative


Thanks, fixed.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Yup, rolling a '1' sounds about right for him ;o)

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Knowledge: Dungeoneering Red 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Knowledge: Dungeoneering Red 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Khargrom Shadowband wrote:
Knowledge: Dungeoneering Red 1 = 10

I was grouping them by color for the same thing. You don't know anything special about them other than they look like the description you read earlier about Akatas.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Opposed Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

But you do see them both lurking behind the columns.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom steps back and whips his dart at the creature that looks like the evil monster the group identified earlier, "Critters! Two look like dose Akata monsters. Udders... look like... sometin."

5-ft step, Throw Dart at Red 1

Dart vs. Flatfooted - Cover: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2 for Piercing + Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1, 6) = 13


Khargrom is a bit too surprised to focus and his hand shakes a little to much as he lets loose with a dart which careens off the column up ahead and clatters to the floor.

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Round 1
Ray - dmg;
Khargrom - dmg; endure elements
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements
Yoon - dmg;
GM Red 1 - dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
GM Red 2 - dmg; same as Red;
GM Blue 4 - dmg; prone; Knowledge (religion) to know more;
GM Blue 5 - dmg; prone; same as Blue;
GM Blue 6 - dmg; prone; same as Blue;
GM Blue 7 - dmg; prone; same as Blue;
Kyra - dmg;
Bossk - dmg; endure elements

Bold may act.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

"The undead... gather them all in a tight formation and I will bring the fury of The Cleansing Light upon them!"


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

The half-elf moves to the right, past Bossk and around the column to strike at one of them and see if he can move it inward...

[move] 20', drawing scimitar
[standard] Attack BLUE 6

+1 scimitar attack BLUE 6, S damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 26 to hit for 9 S
confirm?, crit S damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 16 to crit for 16 S


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

Yoon looks over to Kyra and nods. "Y-yeah, I'll just hang back here! Good plan!" Despite the hint of trembling in her voice, she plants her feet and holds her ground.

The little firebug tenses up and reaches low, her hands glowing with heat as she draws raw elemental energy into herself. Then, her power gathered, she sends an intensely heated bolt of fire at the enemy!

Fire Blast vs touch, w/ Burning Infusion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
damage, fire: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 = 15

Gathering power as a move action and attacking monster 4. DC 17 Reflex save or it catches on fire for 1d6 per round.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom movies around the pillar while drawing his warhammer, "Keep blasting, I'll hold em off and hopefully bunch em up in the middle here."

Move (orange line) while drawing Warhammer, Attack Blue 4.

+1 Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 for Bludgeoning/Magic: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Frustrated with his misses he refocuses and feels the ruby shard in his pocket getting warm, "Gotta use dis advantage we got!" He feels inspired to strike again.

Swift for Surprise Strike vs. Blue 4, 8/9 Mythic Powers Remain

+1 Warhammer + Mythic vs. FF: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 3 = 16 for Bludgeoning + Sneak Attack bypasses DR: 1d8 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (3, 6) = 15

Surprise Strike:
As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to make a melee attack or ranged attack against a target within 30 feet, in addition to any other attacks you make this round. When you make a surprise strike, the target is considered flat-footed regardless of any class features or abilities it might have, and you add 3 to the attack roll. Damage from this attack bypasses damage reduction.


Ray realizing that it is kind of hard to hit one of the sitting down ones from range, scoots up a little to get within point blank range and tries to hit Red 2. Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6 missed.
Khargrom moves around to get some better positioning and swings and misses. Then the mythic power surges in him for another attack which hits home and utterly destroys his target. Bone fragments are flying in the air and bouncing off the walls and ceiling.
Seltyiel moves around to the other side and lands a vicious critical hit against the poor resting thing that never hurt nobody, destroying it in a shatter of bones.
Yoon gathers her power and lets loose with a fire blast that misses her target but leaves a little burn on herself. She also remembers that firing at range against a prone attacker with cover is a bit harder even if it is against touch AC. You did roll a 1 on the attack so was going to miss even if I moved you up to try to hit one of the non-prone guys.

Red 1 moves towards the closest target Khargrom and tries to bite him.
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 miss
Red 2 moves towards the closest target Seltyiel and tries to bite him.
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 confirm?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 nope damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Seltyiel Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Green 3 shows up in the middle of the group as if out of thin air and uses a gaze attack on all of you within range (everyone).
Bossk Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 fail
Khargrom Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 fail
Kyra Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ray Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 fail
Seltyiel Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 fail
Yoon Fort Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
If you failed, you take damage (slashing): 5d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 3, 4) = 16

Blue 5 stands up and starts moving towards the group.
Blue 7 stands up and starts moving towards the group.

If you failed the Fort save above against the gaze attack, then either try to avoid the gaze (avert your eyes or close them) or make another Fort save on your turn. For purposes of averting, roll the d100 and low is bad and you have to try to save, high is good you're safe this round.

Also remember that you can Surge a d20 roll after you learn the result. So if anyone wants to burn a mythic point to surge their failed fort save, you are welcome to try.

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Round 1
Kyra - dmg;
Bossk 16 dmg; endure elements

Round 2
Ray 16 dmg;
Khargrom 16 dmg; endure elements
Seltyiel 23 dmg; endure elements
Yoon - dmg;
Red 1 - dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
Red 2 - dmg; same as Red;
Green 3 - dmg; Knowledge (planes) to know more;
Blue 4 15 dmg;
Blue 5 - dmg; Knowledge (religion) to know more;
Blue 6 11 dmg;
Blue 7 - dmg; same as Blue;

Bold may act.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

What the?!?

As the gaze washes over them, Seltyiel steels himself with the newfound power of the Sages.

[immediate] surge
Surge fort save: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Brings him to 16, which appears to have passed Yoon.

Having just spent all of his concentration rejecting that intrusion, he only halfheartedly swings his scimitar at the nearby akata.

[standard] Attack RED 2 (9 to hit for 5 S)
+1 scimitar attack RED 2, S damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He shakes his head for a moment, as if shedding off grogginess and to refocus himself, and then backs up carefully next to Bossk to survey the field.

[5' step] E


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Knowledge Religion, Mythic Skills: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24

Kyra steps back from the disturbing green-tinged apparition and channels the power of the Dawnflower against the undead present!

Channel to Harm Undead, Sun's Blessing, Will Save DC 16 for 1/2 dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

Sun's Blessing (Su):
When Kyra channels positive energy to harm undead creatures, she adds 4 points to the damage dealt (already calculated into her statistics). Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when she channels positive energy.

@GM: please move template aside or CNTRL-DOWN it away after you've seen Kyra's intended area of effect for the channel; I might use the template again for healing if things are going south... thx!


I was made aware that I made a mistake with the gaze attack but I'm going to leave it for now instead of retconnig it. I don't think it will have a significant impact on the fight/game. If you feel strongly about that, please let me know.

Seltyiel surges and saves but then misses with his swing.
Kyra uses her knowledge to figure out something about Skeletons (the two remaining blue ones).
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Then proceeds to kill them both outright. I put a nicer 30' template on the map with better transparency if you need it for later. You can also copy it and save it for later use or other games.

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Round 1
Kyra - dmg; immune gaze
Bossk 16 dmg; endure elements

Round 2
Ray 16 dmg;
Khargrom 16 dmg; endure elements
Seltyiel 7 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Yoon - dmg; immune gaze
Red 1 - dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
Red 2 - dmg; same as Red;
Green 3 - dmg; Knowledge (planes) to know more;
Skeleton Blue 4 15 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 5 8 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 6 11 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 7 8 dmg;

Bold may act.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Kyra will share whatever she knew about these undead with the group; GM to pick something interesting! :)

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom feels the gaze come upon him and fails to resist, but feels the ruby shard flair in his pocket and absorb most of the damage while also bolstering his defenses.

Immediate for Absorb Blow, 7/9 Mythic Power Remain

Absorb Blow:
As an Immediate Action, whenever you take hit point damage from a single source (such as a dragon’s breath, a spell, or a weapon), you can expend one use of mythic power to reduce the damage to take from that source by 15 points (to a minimum of 0 points of damage taken). If you have another ability or effect that reduces damage (such as protection from energy), reduce the damage with the absorb blow ability before applying any other damage-reducing effects. For every 10 points of damage that this ability prevents, for 1 minute you gain DR 1/epic and 5 points of resistance against acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic damage. The DR and resistances stack with any other DR and resistances that you have.

He holds his ground and swings his hammer again, "Good work on the undead, focus on these now!"

Attack Red 1

+1 Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 for Bludgeoning/Magic: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

DR 1/Epic & Resist All 5, 9 rds remain

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Sorry I did not update my header to reflect the new saves and Init. do to Mythic Power
Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Bossk roars in anger, of being hit and moves froward. "Time to make you only a memory, beast!"
He brings is sword down in a mighty chop.
PA +1 Mithral Falchion: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20
dice+base+mythic power+rage-PA
Slashing damage: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 18
dice+base+mythic power+PA

23 rounds of rage left

If I need to avert and use scent:

1d100 ⇒ 41[/dice]

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Ray fires a disrupt undead attack at green, using a bit of his new mythic power to make it a penetrating strike.

Ranged attack, PBR: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 = 5


Bossk saves against the continued gaze of the green "thing" then steps up and proceeds to kill the Akata before him.
Ray looking confused seems to misidentify his opponent and attempts to disrupt something that is not undead. The spell has no effect.
gaze fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 failed damage: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 4, 3) = 15 Ray falls down unconscious and dying.
Khargrom uses his mythic abilities to absorb 15 of the 16 damage from the gaze, then attempts the hit the other Akata which misses.
gaze fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Yoon gathers her power and lets loose with a fire blast against Green "thing" which is not prone nor in melee, which seems kind of ideal.
Fire Blast vs touch, w/ Burning Infusion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
damage, fire: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9 seems effective.
reflex DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 doesn't catch on fire.

Akata Red 1 returns the attack against Khargrom
bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 miss
tentacle: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 5 = 8 miss
tentacle: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 5 = 12 miss

Green 3 steps up to the little fire bug Yoon and attacks.
bite: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 = 13
claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 miss
Then magically teleports away. You all see it a bit farther away, hiding behind a column with some cover.

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Round 2
Kyra - dmg; immune gaze
Bossk 16 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze

Round 3
Ray 31 dmg; unconscious; dying
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Seltyiel 7 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Yoon 23 dmg; immune gaze;
Akata Red 1 - dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
Akata Red 2 18 dmg; same as Red;
Green 3 9 dmg; Knowledge (planes) to know more;
Skeleton Blue 4 15 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 5 8 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 6 11 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 7 8 dmg;

Bold may act.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Kyra reaches for Ray's unconscious form and says, "Not today, friend.

Rebuke Death: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 pts. of healing. Standard action

She then drags him behind her next to Yoon. Move action

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

"Death to you beast!" Bossk roars as he moves up to the creature and swings his sword.

PA +1 Mithral Falchion: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 26
dice+base+mythic power+rage-PA
Slashing damage: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 18
dice+base+mythic power+PA

22 rounds of rage left


Kyra uses her healing powers to bring Ray back from the brink as he gasps awake and wonders why he is on the ground and moved.
Bossk raging and barely getting the words out of his mouth as he slams his blade home on the sole remaining Akata, cutting it in half.

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:13)

Group conditions:

Round 3
Ray 25 dmg; prone
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Seltyiel 7 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Yoon 23 dmg; immune gaze;
Akata Red 1 18 dmg; Knowledge (Dungeoneering) to know more;
Akata Red 2 18 dmg; same as Red;
Green 3 9 dmg; Knowledge (planes) to know more;
Skeleton Blue 4 15 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 5 8 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 6 11 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 7 8 dmg;
Kyra - dmg; immune gaze
Bossk 16 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze

Bold may act.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom tries to sneak up on the last bugger, using the pillars it is hiding behind to duck away from its sight.

Double Move 1/2 speed Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 to hide.


So I don't forget later,
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
He sees you trying to be sneaky.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"Wha?? I was sure that thing was come back from the dead!" Ray is certainly not known for his intelligence.

Ray casts Magic Missile and targets green again.

Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Great, it can teleport around at will.. this should be "fun". The half-elf deadpans as he considers his next move.

he snaps his fingers as if he has it and invokes an incantation to himself where he stands behind a far column, at the other end of the hall from the creature.

[standard] Cast mirror image; Duration 4m
Images: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

There are now three of him standing very close-by!

He (and his double images) then stride further into the field, feeling more confident in his safety.
[move] 30'


Ray wakes up laying on the ground, but decides to stay there for some reason then fires a magic missile which seems to work perfectly. He also realizes that being this far seems to be a benefit for not getting hit with that gaze attack again.
Khargrom moves up a little closer trying to be sneaky. He'd pretty sure that is not working as expected.
Seltyiel has a twisted sense of fun, but that is probably what it takes to survive as a murder hobo for so many years. He makes many copies then starts strolling closer.
Yoon feeling like she is on autopilot thinks about trying that fire blast thing but is out of range. So seeing Ray use magic missile she remembers she has a wand of that too. So she retrieves the wand (CL3) and uses it.
damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8 3 charges left

A bank of fog billows out from the middle of the hallway. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can't use sight to locate the target).

Status Card wrote:

Temple of the Beyond -- Current Time (0:13)

Group conditions:

Round 3
Kyra - dmg; immune gaze
Bossk 16 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze

Round 4
Ray 25 dmg; prone
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Seltyiel 7 dmg; endure elements; immune gaze
Yoon 23 dmg; immune gaze;
Akata Red 1 18 dmg;
Akata Red 2 18 dmg;
Green 26 dmg; Knowledge (planes) to know more;
Skeleton Blue 4 15 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 5 8 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 6 11 dmg;
Skeleton Blue 7 8 dmg;

Bold may act.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Kyra moves behind Bossk and channels energy to heal all of her colleagues.

Channel to heal living creatures: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 pts. of healing to everyone.


Kyra, Level 4 Pregen! wrote:

Kyra moves behind Bossk and channels energy to heal all of her colleagues.

[dice=Channel to heal living creatures]2d6 pts. of healing to everyone.

You know that will cure the Akatas that are within that heal radius. And you can't selectively channel them out because you can't see them. If you really want to revive the bad guys, I'm fine with it. We're going with that unless you do something different.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom sees himself surrounded by fog and grips his warhammer tightly. Rushing out of the fog he bolts toward where he last saw the enemy, "PLAN B IS CHAAAARGE!!!"

He quickly finds nothing there and circles around a bit looking for a target hollering, "It moved from de last spot, call out if you see it!"

Double Move


Indeed you don't see it where it last was but you're not too surprised by that because you did see it teleport before.

I want to note for the folks that didn't actually read the Linguistics spoiler above that Khargrom was able to decipher, the Temple of the Beyond has 20-foot-tall walls. That might or might not be important. Channels go all the way up to the ceiling.


GM Scott wrote:
Kyra, Level 4 Pregen! wrote:

Kyra moves behind Bossk and channels energy to heal all of her colleagues.

[dice=Channel to heal living creatures]2d6 pts. of healing to everyone.

You know that will cure the Akatas that are within that heal radius. And you can't selectively channel them out because you can't see them. If you really want to revive the bad guys, I'm fine with it. We're going with that unless you do something different.

Scratch that, when I put them back where they were, you can select them out (if you choose) as they are not in the fog cloud. But you can't select out anything else in the fog cloud.

501 to 550 of 919 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS CORE 5-12 Destiny of the Sands, Part 1: A Bitter Bargain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.