[PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 05-16 Destiny of the Sands part 3 (low tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Current map
Chronicles


601 to 650 of 919 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Khargrom turns to Kyra as she comes out of the fog, "It ain't dat lass, I'm not questioning your dedication or abilities or how much you've helped us. I appreciate all dat. But de fog was made by de monster so why would it would protect us from it?"

He keeps warily looking around, weapon ready to strike if the creature returns. Assuming a few minutes pass, "Seems like it split. Musta not liked de taste of pain Bossk gave it or all de glitter."

He moves over to the human cleric once things have calmed down a bit, "Listen, I'm on your side. We are undisciplined and are going into dis widdout a plan. I hate it to, but we haven't had any time to train togedder so it just is what it is. Do you mind using my healing wand on me a couple times?"

If she doesn't mind, CLW Wand: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 = 10 2 charges used, 29 remain


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

Unsure if Kyra is allowed to use the last roll, or not, but assuming she is, or her new roll is at least 4...

Yoon sits up with a sharp gasp, looking about for the source of her attacker. Nothing there. "What happened! I was just... and it was... and it got me!"

She tries to sit up, and winces with pain. Her wounds are just barely closed up. "Nnngh. Right... say, can you use my healy wand for me? I'll tell you when to stop."

Pre-rolling CLWs to speed it up
CLW wand charge: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW wand charge: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
CLW wand charge: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW wand charge: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW wand charge: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Everyone take the chance to heal up before we move on. As you hang around and wait for the fog to disappear (a few minutes) you feel like something is watching you but you don't see anything (and since nobody can smell anything when they are not raging, you can't detect anything {gitterdust wears off in rounds/level}). You check out more of the drawing on the wall and get more of the story of this place.

The monster was kind of interesting, being a very rare thing to run into. It could teleport as a swift action (but the destination had to be next to a wall, floor, ceiling), had constant walk on air so could get you from above, and could cast spells like the fog cloud, invisibility, and plane shift.

I'll try to post more tonight after the plane trip home and hopefully some rolls.

Everyone give me 5 rolls:
Perception check
Perception check
Knowledge (planes) check
Survival check
Knowledge (dungeoneering) or Perception check


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Perception, Mythic: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 = 22
Perception, Mythic: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Knowledge Planes Untrained, Mythic: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Survival Untrained, Mythic: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Perception, Mythic: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 (Traps +2, Stonework +2, Stonetraps +4)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 (Traps +2, Stonework +2, Stonetraps +4)

Trained Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 +2 to keep from getting lost (Wayfinder)

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 (Traps +2, Stonework +2, Stonetraps +4)


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Knowledge (planes), surge: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 7 + (6) = 22
Survival check: 1d20 ⇒ 6 brutal....until:
Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

Sheesh, that was a BEAST of a monster. Shame I didn't bring someone with See Invisibility! Also, dropping some extra CLWs to go with the last few.

Cure Light Wounds wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Cure Light Wounds wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Cure Light Wounds wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Aaaaand the wand is done!

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Untrained Kn:Planes: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Khargrom, Kyra, and Yoon you spot a worn-out leather strap hanging from the mouth of one akata. The strap is attached to a belt pouch, which you extract with ease. Hours spent in the akata’s stomach has destroyed most of the contents, but several parts of a journal are still intact and legible. The entries include poetry and music composed by Nefti, as well as mundane day-to-day observations. The last several pages record Nefti’s complaints about the Aspis Consortium’s lack of appreciation for his accomplishments. A folded sheet of paper wedged in the journal bears the title “Potential Partners” and names the Pathfinder Society among other well-known organizations.

Khargrom, several of the fallen cult’s tools have survived the passage of ages. You find a dagger, a vial containing one handful of dust, and a sheet of beaten gold. The sheet bears an inscription in a language you can't currently read (Aklo in case someone wants to comprehend) but it seems to describe a ritual of sorts that it looks like you could perform. Both you and Seltyiel think that if you could read it there might be something planar specific and important in there. Performing this ritual—which does not require you to understand Aklo—takes one minute and restores 1d2+1 uses of mythic power to the creature up to once per week.

After defeating the monsters, you can again pick up the trail, though the footprints are partially obscured by those of the akatas. The tracks lead to a buried door at the end of this passage. Khargrom you determine that the tracks stop about 15 feet from the buried doorway before disappearing.

You have three options.
1. Retrace your steps, you can return to the cliff, infer where the buried door opens, and climb around the mountain to reach it.
2. You could also clear the rubble from the door to exit the temple.
3. Khargrom (+Stonework), Kyra, and Seltyiel you detect the cracks in the floor, which you can tell breach the ceiling of a lower tunnel. You think you can break a hole in the floor to reach the lower tunnel.

Everyone vote and the first option to 3 votes and we follow it.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Knowledge (planes) check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Survival check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
Knowledge (dungeoneering) or Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Almost like I didn't even roll...

"Whatcha all looking at? Think we can break into a lower tunnel? That sounds like fun!"

I vote for tunnel


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Tunnel


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

Also for tunnel! Lots of potential for close-knit enemy groups!


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Looks like tunnel it is, but just before proceeding.

Seltyiel looks over the gold sheet with Khargrom. Getting just the gist of it, he offers I think we could work through this ritual, and despite possibly missing some of the nuance in the language we should see success.

Mythic power restored: 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Seltyiel performs the ritual and restores a few of his used mythic power points.

You are able to break through the floor by pounding on it a bit with your weapons (hp 20, hardness 8, break DC 33) and make a hole big enough to get even the largest of you through. It is a little bit of work but you think this is a good plan. You drop into the tunnel and start walking.

You find a system of tunnels that runs under the temple, cutting through the mountains. These dark, 10-foot-wide round passages extend throughout the region (as you soon discover), allowing the creature that created them to travel throughout the Pillars of the Sun. Spots along the rough walls show signs of chemical reactions between the rock and some unknown substance.

Craft (alchemy) DC 15:
You can determine that the substance is a potent acid.

Knowledge (arcane) or Knowledge (nature) DC 20:
You recognize the galleries as a series of interwoven death worm tunnels.

Knowledge (dungeoneering) or Survival DC 20:
You travel efficiently to the next area

Make sure I have your damage and buffs right below.

Status Card wrote:

Tunnels -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Bossk 6 dmg; endure elements;
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements;
Kyra - dmg;
Ray 6 dmg;
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements; ritual performed;
Yoon 4 dmg;


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Craft Alchemy Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Kn. Arcana Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Kn. Dungeoneering Untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom declines participation in the ritual, "Interesting for sure, but I don't like dat we can't read de notes."

Once they hack their way down, he leads the way. Inspecting the burn marks he just shrugs, "Eh, some sorta fight maybe?"

Craft: Anything DC 15: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Trained Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Trained Knowledge: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Damage and Buffs appear to be correct.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Craft (alchemy), untrained, DC15, surge: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 3 + (6) = 19

What is that odd moisture, and what is it doing to the tunnel walls...? It doesn't look entirely natural.

Thinking harder on it, it comes to him.

Oh, this is a very potent acid, to erode the tunnel stone so quickly.

Knowledge (arcana), DC20: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Whatever made these tunnels needs a bath...

Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Regardless I think we need to stick to the more thoroughly worn tunnels.

We just need the arcana/nature check. Don't forget surge if it puts you over the top.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

I *think* you accidentally transferred 4 dmg from Seltyiel to Yoon. But I might have also missed some healing somewhere.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"What do you think made these tunnels? Are we in any danger?"

Ray is going to take this opportunity to use a scroll of mage armor. Brings AC up to 18

He also gets a scroll of resist energy ready, not really sure who to cast it on.


Seltyiel - Pregen wrote:
I *think* you accidentally transferred 4 dmg from Seltyiel to Yoon. But I might have also missed some healing somewhere.

Checking the math. Yoon dmg: 23 - 3 + 9 - 5 + 13 + 9 + 12 + 7 + 1 - 11 - 9 - 5 - 9 - 7 - 6 - 2 - 5 - 2 - 6 = 4

You travel through the tunnels and emerge on the map.


Two tall sandstone outcroppings rise to the north and south, channeling whistling wind and stinging sand through this pass. The carcass of a giant serpentine beast covered in dried blisters lies in a heap at the gorge’s narrowest point, the body savaged by some powerful predator.


As noted on the map, the outcroppings are 50' tall and the "strong" winds are blowing towards the West (moving right side to left side of the map).

The sandstone scarps are 50 feet tall and feature only narrow handholds (Climb DC 20), save for a recently collapsed section to the northeast that has jagged spars that can serve as more adequate handholds (Climb DC 15). This rock fall has created an area of dense rubble at the base of the escarpment where it fell. The rest of the area is covered in light rubble (scree).

Relevant Rules:
Dense Rubble: The ground is covered with rocks of all sizes. It costs 2 squares of movement to enter a square with dense rubble. The DC of Acrobatics checks on dense rubble increases by 5, and the DC of Stealth checks increases by 2.
Scree: A field of shifting gravel, scree doesn’t affect speed ...

Perception DC 26:
You spot some "thing" hiding high up on top of the north wall behind some rocks. Knowledge (arcana) to know more.

The check has +4 already added to it for the strong winds and dust just in case anyone has a way to negate that with perception.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"We should stick together. I don't want to get stranded in a sandstorm!"

Ray's perception isn't good enough to even make the attempt.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 (Traps +2, Stonework +2, Stonetraps +4)

Khargrom nods, waits for everyone to get accustomed to the brightness then moves quietly ahead.

Stealth - Terrain: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 - 2 = 19


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

Yoon nods and does her best to stay with the team. "Hang on, Gom-Gom! Don't get blown away!"

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The child's eyes go wide as she grasps Kyra's robes and points towards the silhouette up north. "H-hey, what's that thing? Over there!"


Yoon Lvl 4 wrote:

Perception=26

The child's eyes go wide as she grasps Kyra's robes and points towards the silhouette up north. "H-hey, what's that thing? Over there!"

On the map now that someone sees it. Knowledge (arcana) to know more.

Any last minute actions before Initiative incoming.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Trained Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

The half-elf eyes the thing pointed out by Yoon...

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Sorry, no idea what that is.

He draws his scimitar expecting it won't be nice.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Perception, Mythic: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

"I don't even see what you are talking about..."

Ray casts reduce person on himself to become even less of a target.


Sorry for the unexpected delay, life is happening.

Knowledge checks don't recall anything, too low.

Initiative:

Bossk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Khargrom: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Kyra: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ray: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Seltyiel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Yoon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
GM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Status Card wrote:

The Domain -- Current Time (0:01)

Group conditions:

Round 1
Yoon 4 dmg;
Ray 6 dmg; mage armor; reduce person; AC18;
Bossk 6 dmg; endure elements;
Kyra - dmg;
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements;
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements; ritual performed;
Red Thing - dmg;

Bold may act.


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Kyra mutters a minor prayer to summon a whirling scimitar of force to attack the far target!

spiritual weapon, scimitar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
force dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

She then draws her own scimitar.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Seltyiel draws a pinch of powdered iron and sprinkles it over his feet while reciting an incantation under his breath. Suddenly, he grows a size larger!

[standard] Cast Enlarge Person on self; duration: 4m

He walks up to the creature, brandishing his scimitar as if daring it.

[move] 25'

Em-biggened on the map.


Seltyiel - Pregen wrote:
He walks up to the creature, brandishing his scimitar as if daring it.

That thing you walk up to (which looks like a death worm) looks dead and has some blisters on it.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

Walks towards the threatening creatures... Moved slightly on the map to walk *past* the carcass. I see they're 50' up, but if they don't come down soon we'll figure something out.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Ray moves (double) to get to that big rock nearby and climbs up as much as 5' to get a better view.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

Khargrom bolts out to the side past the dead-ish looking critter to get some separation from the group while drawing a dart.

"Lessee what dat critter does, maybe it'll come down to us. Eider way, making it pick only one of us as a target is smart."

Double Move while drawing Dart.


Human Kineticist 4 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15 | HP 57/62 (4 nonlethal) | Burn 1/7 | Mythic Power 11/11 | F +9 R +8 W +3 | Init +6 | Perc +8 | Buffs: elemental overflow +1, searing flesh (1 burn), KO

Yoon moves forward, deciding to stay within Setyiel's shadow for protection. "Careful, that thing looks mean."

Moving, that's it for now.

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Bossk seeing the oversize worm come out of the ground, start to growl and become angrier and angrier with every step he takes and he walks to the worm.
How dare this over sized fish bait stand in our way He thinks to himself.

Then he swings his sword at the worm.

PA +1 Mithral Falchion attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 29
dice+base+mythic power+rage-PA
Possable crit PA +1 Mithral Falchion attack: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20
Slashing damage: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 20
dice+base+mythic power+PA
Crit Slashing damage: 2d4 + 7 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 + 1 + 6 = 19
15 rounds left
AC is 18

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Kyra summons a phantom scimitar to slash at the large wyrm. MEanwhile Seltyiel grows LARGE.
By the way, enlarge person is a full round action, not a standard
Yoon, Ray and Khargrom meanwhile dash forward.

Bossk, the worm on the ground appears dead, are you intending to attack that, or the one up the cliff (currently out of your reach). The one on the ground is not currently moving, although it's skin is covered in lots of nasty blisters.

Status, bold may post
Bossk 6 dmg; endure elements;

Red Thing - 6 damage
Kyra - dmg; spiritual weapon;
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements; ritual performed; Enlarge person.
Ray 6 dmg; mage armor; reduce person; AC18;
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements;
Yoon 4 dmg;


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)
GM Aerondor wrote:


Kyra summons a phantom scimitar to slash at the large wyrm. MEanwhile Seltyiel grows LARGE.
By the way, enlarge person is a full round action, not a standard

Doh. I guess he wouldn't have moved then. I'll set him back to starting position.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

No worries.
The strong winds, blowing right to left, buffet the group. Ahead the tall cliffs loom over the valley floor. They look like they would be tough, but possible to climb. DC in the 20-29 range
There is a collapsed section, which would be slightly easier to climb up. DC in the 10-19 range
The rubble at the bottom looks like it would slow folk down a bit though. difficult terrain

Liberty's Edge

M Half Orc Barbarian / 5 HP 7 /50 Temp HP 10 / 0 AC 20 (21 during a surprise round, 18 in Rage ) ( Touch 12 Flat 19) / Fort +8 | Ref +5 | Will +5 / CMB +8 | CMD 20 / Init +5/ Perception +7 | Rage Rounds 24 / 13 MP 9 / 7

Did not see the worm on the cliff, just the one by the party. And being so far away, I will retract my last action and just move near Ray.

Bossk moves so he has some fighting room and ready to attack the living worm if it comes within range.

If he know anything about the worms, Know Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

16 Rounds of rage left
AC is at 20

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Bossk is pretty sure that is no natural wyrm. The creature snaps once at the ghostly scimitar, and then finding it ineffective, moves toward the cliff edge where it glares down.

Status, bold may post
Kyra - dmg; spiritual weapon;
Seltyiel - dmg; endure elements; ritual performed; Enlarge person.
Ray 6 dmg; mage armor; reduce person; AC18;
Khargrom 1 dmg; endure elements;
Yoon 4 dmg;
Bossk 6 dmg; endure elements;

Red Thing - 6 damage


”Kyra” | Female NG Medium (Keleshite) Human Cleric of Sarenrae 4 | HP 50/50* | AC 17, T 10, FF 17 | CMD 15| F +6 R +3 W +9 | Init +3* | Perc +5* | Speed 30ft* | Mythic Power 11/11, Channel positive energy 5/5 (DC16), Rebuke death 7/7, CLWW 47/50 | Active Conditions: +1 to all skill/ability checks.

Kyra mutters a minor prayer to bless the party, and continues to attack the beast with her whirling scimitar of force.

Casting Bless: +1 morale bonus to atk rolls / fear saves

spiritual weapon, scimitar, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
force dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

===============

confirm crit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
force dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

The enlarged elf approaches the cliff face while muttering an incantation in draconic. Suddenly two additional copies of him slide out from his form and take confusing places, barely offset from his original standing location.

[move] 20'
[standard] Cast mirror image; duration, 4m
[swift] Spending two arcane pool points to recall mirror image
mirror images of s: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

UPDATE It's been so long that I'd forgotten he already used that spell "today." So, adding the relevant magus arcana to the turn...

Spell Recall:
As a swift action, Seltyiel can recall one spell he has already cast today by expending a number of points from his arcane pool equal to the spell’s level. The spell is prepared again, as if he had never cast it.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Magus are not CORE, so my understanding is you can't use a magus pregen in a CORE game. Sorry I thought you were just using an alias that still had magus stuff on it, not actually playing one.


”Seltyiel” | Male LN Half-elf Sage-blessed Magus 4 | HP 47/47 | AC 17, T 13, FF 14 | CMB +6 CMD 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 (+2 vs. enchantments) | Init +7 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 3/5 | Mythic Power: 10/11 | 2nd-glitterdust, mirror image; 1st-enlarge person, grease, shocking grasp (2) | Active Conditions: endure elements (wand)

hrm... our previous GM had a discussion about how any pregen could be used for this game. Goes to find it. Here. Somehow that's not as detailed as I remember it, but there it was. Did he goof, did I goof?


”Ezren” | Male NG Medium Sage-Blessed Human Wizard 4 | HP 49/49 | AC 18*, T 14, FF 15* | CMD 15| F +6 R +4 W +6; +1 vs. divine spells | Init +5 | Perc +1 | Speed 30ft | Spells glitterdust, scorching ray, spider climb, burning hand, mage armor, magic missile, obscuring mist | Hand of the Apprentice 7/7 | Arcane Bond 1/1 | Mythic Power 3/11 | Active Conditions: mage armor (4H)

Who is that imposter? He doesn't act for me!

It appears some of you were hallucinating a flashy character known as a "magus," but your exotic dreams have been shattered by CORE reality.

The wizard quickly executes an incantation sending two darts of arcane force at the creature.

[standard] Cast magic missile
Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Replaced on the map. Aaaand we're back with minimal disruption :)

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling Sorcerer 3 HP 13/29 AC 14 Tch 14, FF 11; F: +1, R: +5, W: +4; Init: +5, Perc +2, SM +0; Active Conditions: none

Ray shrugs at the change in Ezren's appearance. Wizards...

Does the moving creature and the dead one appear to be the same species? Or does it look like our current foe may have killed the one at our feet?

Ray casts a ray of enfeeblement at the flying creaure. "Not sure what it can do, but zapping some of it's strength looks like a good idea to me!"

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Strength zap: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Spell Details:

Spell DC: 16
Spell Resistance: Yes
A coruscating ray springs from your hand. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to strike a target. The subject takes a penalty to Strength equal to 1d6+1 per two caster levels (maximum 1d6+5). The subject’s Strength score cannot drop below 1. A successful Fortitude save reduces this penalty by half. This penalty does not stack with itself. Apply the highest penalty instead.

The Concordance

LN Dwarf Rogue 4 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Mods: Trap Spotter (talent), Step Up (feat) | HP 38 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 18/12/-- (Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs. Giants, +1 vs. Traps) | CMD (bullrush/trip) 16 (20) | F/R/W +5/+7/+4 (+1 vs. Traps, Evasion, +2 vs. poisons/spells/spell-like, +1 vs. Fire from Boon) | Speed 20ft | Perception: +9 (+2 traps, +2 stonework, +4 stone traps, darkvision), SM: +6 | Init: +4

The dwarf looks at the situation and harrumphs. He bolts towards the easier to climb area. If the critter comes down, I can get back easily enough. If not, I'll be on my way to getting up there at least.

Double move

601 to 650 of 919 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS CORE 5-12 Destiny of the Sands, Part 1: A Bitter Bargain All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.