GD8|Vamp's 7–22: Bid for Alabastrine

Game Master Vampaerus

The entire Drumish city of Alabastrine is up for auction for Golarion's elitist elites. Including an Aspis agent of great interest. Society agents are sent to thwart her plans. Let the bidding war begin!

Maps


451 to 500 of 634 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Heh... didn't even need to roll the Knowledge on that one, got it from the description. =)

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + (4) = 18

"Perhaps the discomfort is the point." He commiserates. "People do tend to be less on guard, when they are uncomfortable."

"I had heard about Petronax joining the bidding this year. Though his interest is far less alarming than that of the Aspis representative." He nods towards Myrosype. "Have had dealings with that one before, and very much doubt her interests are those of Druma." He shakes his head at the idea, trying to gauge Irith's thoughts on the matter.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 9 + (3) - 4 = 21

"Given all the efforts you have put forth to make the city shine during your tenure. It is a shame it all goes back to a chaotic bid once again. I'd have thought having a cohesive governing body would lead to far greater opportunities for profit than wiping the slate clean and forcing everyone to start all over. Especially given your efforts were finally coming to fruition."

"I do hope you intend to keep at least the governance stable during this transition. I can't imagine anyone but you heading those in Prophet's Burg, if they intend any sort of prosperity in the near future."


(...at some other point in the evening...)

Graves:
Vayde approaches you, "Ah my well-read Pharasmin friend...dressed as a Psychopomp, but of course. Hrm, three eyes on your hand, that seems very specific. Let me think..."

Vayde.Religion: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
"I've got it! Vavaalrav, yes? Tell me, is there something special for you with this particular Usher?"
please include a Perform (act, oratory, or comedy) check
or Knowledge (planes) check with your response.

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ela returns to Cyran in her very odd costume.

Hi again! Do you know what I am tonight? Let me give you a hint... it's relevant that I'm a wizard.

She smiles, expecting that he'll already have a good idea.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Graves:
"Petronax, Myrosype,...they're all the same. I've poured my heart and soul into making Alabastrine great again. And now that it might finally be worth something, the rats come out of the woodwork. Like a pack of hyenas they all want a piece of what's MINE."

She settles down a bit, but not before you can sense her attachment to the city: She hates being reminded of what she's losing. With a bit of encouragement you think she'll pour everything she has into keeping a piece of it. She's scared that she doesn't have enough for even one district. But if your plans work, Myrosype might be spread thin enough for Irith to win one.

She takes a breath before continuing, "Well, as they say, volatility creates profit potential for those smart enough to use it. Guess I'd better get smart enough. As you say, Prophet's Burg is my best chance to continue guiding the direction of Alabastrine. I certainly don't intend to just give up on everything I have started."


Ela:
Cyran is dressed as some sort of robot? Fine red robes over elaborately hinged armor of some strange metal. His own eyes seem to glow with continual flame beneath the expressionless mask of the same metal.

I'll use your 28 that you can identify him as an inevitable, an Impariut specifically.

"Ah, a pleasure to speak with you again Miss Ela. Has your chaperone really left you to wander alone? Some creepy old man might offer you candy..." (He glances towards Petronax, then chuckles.)

"But anyway, let's see what we have here..."
Cyran.Planes: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41
"Aha...red bat-like wings like any imp might have, but a reptilian head. A rarer resident of Hell, but you must be a 'Mage Wretch', hence your hint. Formally known as Crepitus. An excellent choice."

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Petronax via GM:
"Ah, well done!" Graves replies to Vayde. "Not many would be familiar enough with the ushers to pick out that specific one."

"As you already know, I came up as caretaker of the Gray. My job, to see the dead to their final resting place, as well as to take care of that same resting place." He grins slightly. "Vavaalrav task is much the same, as guardian of sacred sites of Pharasma... just a little higher in scale."

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 + (3) = 14 Egads... the RNG is laughing!

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Graves only shakes his head slightly at Irith's frustration.

"The system does, more or less, beg for that very sort of chaotic outcome." He says, quietly. "And then even if you do manage to make something of it... you are then forced to spend it all to keep it going a few years later. Seems more like a fancy gilded money pit."

"I'm not sure how anyone would ever deem this a sustainable venture." He pauses for a moment, then adds. "Well, unless they concentrated on a few of the more influential areas. Like the Burg... and slowly worked up from there."

"You are, of course, in the right, Lord-Chancellor. You should not give up." He adds, earnestly. "But perhaps focus your efforts to ensure you do get the influential cornerstone of the city, where you can use all that you know, to make sure things continue in the direction you envisioned."

Dunno, seems like that's the main part of the argument... nothing too fancy, so will attempt straight up diplomacy?
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 7 + (4) = 24


Graves:
"You're right. I need to focus my efforts more on controlling the Burg so I can keep on top of the administration. Thank you for the conversation, I must take my leave now, and go speak with Hegio."

(with a circumstance bonus for good RP) that will earn +1 Influence, Irith->ProphetsBurg.


Graves:
He shakes his head. "So cliché. Come now, I expected more from you boy."

That was just bad luck on the die. Even the RP bonus won't get you there.

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Heh. Sometimes boxcars... sometimes snake eyes. =)

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

Knowledge (religion) DC 22: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Hmmm... you have me at a bit of a disadvantage. Very esoteric; I'm impressed by your deep knowledge. I'm thinking it's a Daemonic Harbinger... but I'm afraid the specifics elude me." Jon offers a sheepish grin.

"Still, very well done!"

As entertaining as this conversation is, Petronax has already been influenced to bid on a district; is there any value to continuing to Influence him at this point?


Alabastrine Maps

Yes, there is. The bids are not final. Myrosype can still outbid them unless they're...'determined enough'.

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

Katswiri mingles with the crowd, avoiding any potential dancing that may be occurring. Eventually, she winds her way over to Vayde Petronax, swishing her black feathery wings behind her.

"This is quite the event master Petronax! Such a variety of divine servants represented. As a rather indirect servant of the divine myself, I've always been fascinated with the gods and the impact they and their servants exert on the world. Seeing so many well done representations here is simply wondrous."

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

The next roll goes towards hopefully impressing Cyran...

Ela doesn't hide her delight at Cyran guessing her costume. She proceeds to expand on her knowledge of the creatures and their use in demon society, based on her extensive coursework in planes study.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Sigh, of course.

Is Ela out of chances?

Dark Archive

Tengu Shadow Caller Spiritualist 1 Sensei Monk 2 S. Slayer Inquisitor 2| HP31/31 | AC25 T21 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 15 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +11|Advice Remaining 8 Rounds

With little else to do in regards to Myrosype and Temel, Kaepora decides to observe the crowd and watch for an opportunity where he could possibly help influence someone.

He moves up to Cyran and greets him with a deep bow. "My my, your outfit is most impressive. Tell me, have you ever considered the options for having a double step in for you from time to time?" His shadow leaps up from the ground and steps by Kaepora's side. "The manifestations of presence could certainly go a long way in the art of entertainment of a crowd."

Study Target Knowledge Planes Cyran: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 4 = 21


Alabastrine Maps

is the shadow actually from the Shadow Plane? (or any other plane?)

also if you're Influencing, someone should be saying what District


Katswiri:
"Well, good evening Raven-feathered Mystery Woman! It pleases me that you are enjoying my little party."

Vayde.Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

"Erenyes are very loyal servants indeed. Tell me, in your experience with the gods, do we not also influence them?"

please include a Perform (act, oratory, or comedy) check
or Knowledge (planes) check with your response. This is separate from any influence check.

Dark Archive

Tengu Shadow Caller Spiritualist 1 Sensei Monk 2 S. Slayer Inquisitor 2| HP31/31 | AC25 T21 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 15 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +11|Advice Remaining 8 Rounds

@GM Vampaerus The Shadow Phantom type is an outsider, so I suppose Shadow Plane would suffice. Just double checked Ultimate Intrigue page 50; it is indeed from the Shadow Plane.

So here is my logic. If I get this guy to see the benefit of bidding on a district that Myrospire is currently winning on, we can force her to bid higher. So with Cyran winning on the Working End, I am going to logically argue that if he bids on the Wharf he can set up a dominion on the trade and labor industries.

"Like all shadows, they are truly a part of us, but cannot be made to manifest without light. A balance, if you will. Might I suggest a balance that will let you manifest in such a way? Consider the Luminous Wharf. If you control both that and the Working End, you would have full reign over the trade and labor of this city, and thus need not submit to anyone else. You would be like I and my shadow; able to walk freely without the need of light from somewhere else."

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

"My name is Katswiri, and it is a pleasure to meet you! Indeed, Erinyes are quite loyal. I have always found the story of Eiseth and their creation to be tragically sad, and a warning that our nature is never truly fixed for good or evil. Plus, I like the wings." Katswiri smiles, running her hands along the feathers.

"In a way, of course, we do influence the gods. Theologians disagree on the extent, of course, but it is clear that the influence of the gods is greatly influenced by the influence of their followers. If nothing else, the worldly influence of a god's followers sways the final fate of mortals, sending additional souls to one plane or another, providing support, power and creating additional outsiders to further the cause of the gods. In such a way, the influence of the gods and mortals flow back and forth to write the destiny of existence."

Knowledge: Planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Knowledge: Planes, Puzzle Book Roll Twice: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Ela,Kaepora:
"Ah Miss Ela, your enthusiasm is intoxicating. Do keep in mind though that textbooks are a great preparatory tool, but no substitute for real, first-hand, experiences. I can remember the first time I went to..."
(Kaepora steps in...)
"Oh a denizen of the Shadow Plane, very impressive. I have a servant or two that originate from...elsewhere. Although...at the moment it would be me who is 'shadowing' them." He laughs at a joke that (maybe?) he's the only one that understands.

"The Wharf? I didn't think anyone wanted that. Well that would make it inexpensive to pick up, I guess. If I do get the Working End then I suppose being my own harbor master would...simplify...certain exports." He seems deep in contemplation as he absent-mindedly wanders off...(is he related to Kreighton Shane??) As he heads through the crowd, you notice someone dancing bumps into Cyran. A bright flash of light envelopes the elf. When your eyes readjust, there is a massive mechanical humanoid of gold and stone, pointing a sword menacingly at the dancer, "Cease contact with my client IMMEDIATELY!" (The dancer faints.) Cyran speaks up, "Easy my friend. This was my own fault. I should be paying better attention to where I am walking. But as always, I greatly appreciate your dedication." You see him hand the creature a velvet pouch, like one a jeweler might carry precious gems in. It nods and disappears.
DC22 Planes:

Spoiler:
That was a Kolyarut Inevitable. A real one.

So...any NPC can only be Influenced once per event. With an RP bonus, Ela's attempt was actually a success. (Planes is definitely the 'right' skill for Cyran.) I hate to take that away from you since you've been working for that one. Buuut...If I take Kaepora's roll, with the 'manifest planar ally' bonus AND Ela's Aid, that hits the +10 mark. With both of you working together, it seems most fair to me to give you the double. Therefore:

Cyran is currently at 2 WorkEnd, and 2 Wharf. Note that he's not 'completely sold' on either idea. But this is significant progress.

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Planes, DC22: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Oh wow. An actual Inevitable. Maybe I should be working for him instead of the society.

She quickly looks around, self-conscious of who may have heard her say this.

The Exchange

M Wayang AC20/FF13/T15 Perception +11 HP 44/44 Hunter 5 Boris AC 27/T16/FF21 HP25/25

Finding a place to sit down, Shi tried to work out an optimal way to get the merchants to work together to prevent Myrosype from winning the bid but had no idea. More use to field work as a courier, he was not use to this level of merchanting.

P:Merchant: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
I am going to burn my +1 GM reroll as the RNG has taken a disliking to Shi
P:Merchant: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
Oh bother!


Katswiri:
"Ah, fascinating, mortal recruitment as a deific booster. I am impressed by your thorough consideration of our effects on the hereafter."

+2 circumstance bonus on Influence checks vs Petronax for the remainder of the scenario.

you still have your action available for this event.


Alabastrine Maps
Shi no kage wrote:

Finding a place to sit down, Shi tried to work out an optimal way to get the merchants to work together to prevent Myrosype from winning the bid but had no idea. More use to field work as a courier, he was not use to this level of merchanting.

[dice=P:Merchant]d20+9
I am going to burn my +1 GM reroll as the RNG has taken a disliking to Shi
[dice=P:Merchant]d20+9+1
Oh bother!

I'm not sure who this is directed at.

--------------------

Currently:


  • no one is talking to Temel.

  • Katswiri, Jon are talking to Petronax, tho this is just the event-specific costume discussion. Neither is required to spend their action on him. Aid is still possible.

  • Irith and Cyran have been Influenced. 'Discovery' is possible on either.

  • Graves,Ela,Kaepora are finished. (except costume check, Ela/Kaepora)


(...at some point in the evening...)

Shi:
"Good evening, and welcome. I hope you are enjoying the party. So let me see if I can tell what you are..."
Vayde.Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
"Hrm...odd fur, pink nose...oh, a smock, I get it. You're a Muldnal! A rare and obscure choice, I love it. Tell me, why you selected this? I want to know what motivates these choices." he smiles with a devious grin.
please include a Perform (act, oratory, or comedy) check
or Knowledge (planes) check with your response.

(...at some other point in the evening...)

Ela:
"Good evening, and welcome. I hope you are enjoying the party. So let me see if I can tell what you are..."
Vayde.Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
"Ah, a Crepitus, yes? Tell me, why you selected this? I love to know what motivates these choices." he smiles with a devious grin.
please include a Perform (act, oratory, or comedy) check
or Knowledge (planes) check with your response.

(...at some other point in the evening...)

Kaepora:
"Good evening, and welcome. I hope you are enjoying the party. So let me see if I can tell what you are..."
Vayde.Planes: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
"Hrm, you're tengu?...but wearing an owl costume? A rather convincing one indeed. Uhm, a Plumekith Aasimar perhaps? No?!? Please tell me what your costume is and why you selected it."

please include a Perform (act, oratory, or comedy) check
or Knowledge (planes) check with your response.

...or bluff.

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Well, to be honest it, seemed somewhat relevant to my own studies and profession. Crepitus are often used by devils of higher standing as foils to wizards, because of their intuitive knowledge of magic. In fact, Chelish wizards also regularly bind them as servants for these same reasons. They're smart enough to know how to mess with wizards, for example by trying to find and destroy their spellbooks. So, it's also something of a reminder that there exist planar adversaries that won't take my abilities for granted.

knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 This has to be a record for bad rolls, during this scenario.

The whole time her tangent is deepening she doesn't realize that her gaze is trailing off, and she's not doing the best job engaging her audience directly.

Dark Archive

Tengu Shadow Caller Spiritualist 1 Sensei Monk 2 S. Slayer Inquisitor 2| HP31/31 | AC25 T21 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 15 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +11|Advice Remaining 8 Rounds

Study Target + Bluff: 1d20 + 1 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 11 = 21

"Haha, oh but of course. My costume is a creature known as a Xaursi, where legends are told of their ability to project lights. In my case, I may project shadow. They are only told in myths in some parts of the world, however. As for why I chose it, I have always been one to enjoy the hidden myths and legends of the world."

If anyone knows HMM personally, the Xaursi were her pride and joy for a Starfinder 3rd Party Commission.


Ela:
"Uh-huh...OH! Excuse me, I think there's a guest...way over there...who is looking for me."

Kaepora:
"Fascinating. I have never even heard of such a creature, a rare thing these days. I am impressed by your breadth of 'knowledge' Mr. Xaursi."
+2 circumstance bonus on Influence vs Petronax for the rest of the scenario.


Alabastrine Maps

It is getting late. You notice Hegio saying goodnight to a few people, he is clearly preparing to leave. You know you have time for one more quick point before this event winds down...

I need to wrap up actions for Jon, Katswiri, and Shi. Say your last bit and gimme a skill check. If you are attempting to Influence someone don't forget the District.

The Exchange

M Wayang AC20/FF13/T15 Perception +11 HP 44/44 Hunter 5 Boris AC 27/T16/FF21 HP25/25

"While I had heard tales of the creatures from others, I selected it mainly as it did not require me to wear wings or a tail. More importantly, it was in my size." Shi said, as he proceeded to try his hand as comedy, acting as a small creature trying to hide from a foe as he scampered around.
Perform:Comedy: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Dex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
K:nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Yay! Nat 20. About the only way I could make the check(maybe). The other two skills are to help with the performance.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

Jon takes a moment to find Temel at the party. "I want to thank you, Temel, for working with the Society and bringing us along. I look forward to the other events we have lined up, but already I'm remarkably impressed with the festivities that you and Petronax have arranged for us." He inclines his head lightly, as he imagines is polite in such high society. "So thanks for that, again. We haven't really had much time to speak of your goals here. Which districts interest you? If this bidding goes perfectly for you, what does that look like? What's the makeup of that Alabastrine?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Discovery


Shi:
"Hahaha! I can commend your honesty. And your antics amuse me."

the 20 was enough to 'impress' Vayde. +2 circumstance bonus to Influence Vayde for the rest of the scenario.


Jon:
"I thought we discussed this already. There's only one district I have any idea what to do with...but I don't really want to discuss the details in public."
you feel your ability to talk Diplomatically with Temel slipping.

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

"Thank you." Kaswiri nods sagely. "So, bidding on the Scriptum? I'm impressed. It is by far the district I'm most interested in visiting. I am a seer, gifted with divine power but not from a specific deity. The amount of lore that has been stored in the Scriptum is positively staggering! I've seen signs, taken small peeks with my second sight to get the barest glimmers of what it holds. If you're interested in the relationship between mortals and the gods... Katswiri's second sight flickers, omens taken earlier in the day suddenly bestowing a flash of clarity, whispering a name to drop to entice Vayde's interest. "...there are some exquisitely rare tomes there. I am particularly looking forward to reading Adventures of the Great Beyond, as I've never been able to find a complete copy."

"I'm hoping to stop by and visit while traveling back after the bidding finishes, I was on too tight a time table on the trip up to make the stop."

Knowledge: Religion, Natural Divination: 1d20 + 9 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 10 = 31

Vayde, influence for Scriptum


Katswiri:
Vayde becomes visibly nervous at the mention of the book. "You...you've heard of it? How could..." His eyes narrow with suspicion, "How do you know of such things? What is your interest in that book?"

Vayde.SenseMotive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Katswiri.Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Hrm, using your parlor tricks to read my mind perhaps? I must learn to keep my desires better hidden. You have put me in a predicament...one I must tend to. Adieu!"

He turns (quite quickly for an old man with a cane). You see him approach Hegio, say something then leave the room in haste.

His use of the word 'adieu' feels like the more final connotation it sometimes imparts. You think you have pushed Vayde as far as you possibly can. But it got the desired result: +2 Influence Vayde->Scriptorum.


Alabastrine Maps

I still need to know who Shi's action (a Discovery?) was directed at.

Hegio will announce the current state of the auction before welcoming everyone to meet at Nomazamo's estate at noon tomorrow.

Courts of Abstinence: Myrosype
Luminous Wharf: Cyran Androtus
Prophet’s Burg: Irith Nomazamo
Scriptum: Vayde Petronax
Working End: Cyran Androtus

Myrosype's normally jovial expression suddenly becomes tense and contemplative.

The Exchange

M Wayang AC20/FF13/T15 Perception +11 HP 44/44 Hunter 5 Boris AC 27/T16/FF21 HP25/25

The post in message 472 was to try to determine the most effective way to prevent Myrosype from willing any bid. I guess discovery on Vayne to up his bid on the Courts of Abstinence.


Alabastrine Maps

Shi:
You mill about in the crowd chatting mostly with any Merchants Guild members you can find.

You learn that Cyran Androtus and Irith Nomazamo are the only bidders who are professionally members of the merchant guild.

You also hear a rumor that Temel Passad bid on the Courts of Abstinence, but was immediately outbid by Myrosype.


Alabastrine Maps

you have all morning to make any preparations.

When you arrive at Irith's estate, everyone is ushered into a huge banquet hall. The architecture is white marble with gold accents. Nearly as many waiters and servants occupy the room as there are guests. The waitstaff continuously brings course after course of exotic and expensive delicacies from all over Golarion. (16 courses in all throughout the afternoon.)

Event Adjustment: The frequent arrival of new courses
interrupts conversations and makes some methods
of influencing bidders more difficult. Diplomacy and
Knowledge checks to influence an NPC take a –2 penalty
during the feast.

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

As mentioned before, but reiterated now... if anyone would like a heightened awareness elixir for the party, I can prepare 5 of them... and am only using 2 (one for each party during the day).
Will give a +2 on any knowledge checks you have to make

Graves frowns at the crowded nature of the event, not sure why each guest would need their own personal serving team.... or at least that's what it seems like to his untrained eye.

He tries to get a seat by Temel, hoping to chat with their ally about the upcoming auction.

Is it seat yourself, or do we get assigned seats? =) (the former more practical, the later, more fun =)

"At least there are no costumes this time." He mutters.


One of Irith’s most unusual
offerings is a plate of poached chuul tentacles. Even
after cooking, these tentacles contain a minor amount
of paralytic venom. If eaten correctly, the poison is only
enough to provide strange sensations on the inside of
the mouth as a part of the dining experience. However,
a PC who does not eat the tentacles correctly risks losing
the ability to talk without slurring her words for several
minutes in an unseemly display of inexperience.

You may use Profession(cook) or Knowledge(Nobility)
to attempt to eat the tentacles correctly. Or just try to
grin n bear it with a Fortitude save.


Alabastrine Maps
Mr. Graves wrote:
Is it seat yourself, or do we get assigned seats? =) (the former more practical, the later, more fun =)

It's more like numerous small walk-up tables that people can cluster around while standing. (Several over-stuffed lounges also line the walls.) The waitstaff pick up empty plates almost as soon as they are set down. Some staff also wander about with various drinks you can choose from. Mostly small glasses of expensive liqueurs.


Graves:
"Oh, good afternoon Mr. Graves. A friendly face is a welcomed sight, I must admit."

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

My inner 13 year old came out as I was reading that, and initially thought it said Chuul testicles.... Not that tentacles are much better, I suppose... but not nearly as immature =)

Graves looks at the long rubbery tentacles on the plate, with a dubious look.

"I think I read about these once." He says, with an unreadable look at Temel. "Why anyone would think these are good things to chew on, I'm not so sure."

He grins slightly, then tries to remember the right way to eat the things, without hampering his ability to talk properly.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 - 2 + (6) = 29

Actually, is the event -2 penalty only when trying to influence folks, or on all knowledge checks? Applied it here... ignore if its not relevant to all.


the penalty is only on 'Influence' checks, but you're fine regardless

Irith notices Graves chewing on the tentacles and is impressed by his grace. ;)

+2 circ bonus on Influence vs Irith for the rest of the scenario.

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Graves glances over, to see if Temel is handling the tentacles alright, offering some discreet advice, if he proves to be unfamiliar with the things... so he doesn't embarrass himself unintentionally.

Hmm... did we have a opportunity to impress Temel, like we did for Petronax last party, or Irith this one? (I know I failed the Petro one, and seem to have passed this one... don't recall if there was a Temel one!)
Time to dig back through the older posts!


Graves:
Temel seems experienced enough.

btw, not sure if I mentioned this but you have the +2 bonus to Influence Temel from impressing him with your gardening knowledge.


lol. was just digging back myself ^

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)
Mr. Graves wrote:

As mentioned before, but reiterated now... if anyone would like a heightened awareness elixir for the party, I can prepare 5 of them... and am only using 2 (one for each party during the day).

Will give a +2 on any knowledge checks you have to make

Ela wouldn't mind one. Her rolls have needed the help (!!)

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Done!

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ela gives the tentacles a sideways look for at least half a minute before slamming the whole appetizer into her mouth. She then makes the mistake off chewing it... and it only gets worse and worse. Until she finally bintes the bullet and swallows it...

Fortitude, clean ur plate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 These dice...

451 to 500 of 634 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GD8|Vamp's 7–22: Bid for Alabastrine All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.