GD8|Vamp's 7–22: Bid for Alabastrine

Game Master Vampaerus

The entire Drumish city of Alabastrine is up for auction for Golarion's elitist elites. Including an Aspis agent of great interest. Society agents are sent to thwart her plans. Let the bidding war begin!

Maps


501 to 550 of 652 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

You all notice Myrosype talking to a tall Garundi man in vibrant cerulean robes. You've not seen this striking figure at any previous event. He hands Myrosype a couple small trinkets and a large golden mantle. And then disappears! Did he slip into the crowd, or vanish altogether??

Serpents Rise/Ire:
Your character recognizes the man as one of the Society's most hated adversaries: Rataji

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Hmm... I played Rataji during Serpent's Rise! Nice to see a call back to that.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

Jon has never seen this strange tentacled dish before, so he glances surreptitiously at other diners before attempting to eat it himself.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

He grins as the gentle numbing begins to sparkle around the inside of his mouth... but he hopes that it doesn't get any worse!

He approaches Cyran, and attempt to begin a conversation with the man. "I see you're winning in two bids now, the wharfs and the warehouses. Smart; I see your strategy, and I think it's a winning one. Think you'll be able to hold those bids through to the end?"

Dark Archive

Tengu Shadow Caller Spiritualist 1 Sensei Monk 2 S. Slayer Inquisitor 2| HP31/31 | AC25 T21 FF15| CMD 21 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 15 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +11|Advice Remaining 8 Rounds

Kaepora looks over the strange dish, then decides why not?
"I haven't eaten much today so I may as well enjoy it."
Fortitude: DOWN THE HATCH!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Chew chew.. "Hmmm a unique taste indeed. Would go fine with some Sealord Wine." He raises his glass for refill. "The salty yet smooth texture would only be compliment the chilled but rushing taste of the glass."


Jon and Kaepora both manage to consume the tentacle dish without any visible mishap. Irith is impressed. +2 to Influence Irith


Jon:
"Oh those bids? I would have loved to win it with those numbers. No, I was just testing the waters. From what I've heard, Myrosype took back the high bid first thing this afternoon. She's determined for sure. I don't like bidding against someone like that. Seems foolish."

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Graves settles in beside Temel, as he passes off the remainder of the strange tentacle dish to a server clearing dishes.

"So, how goes the bidding on your side of things?" He asks, quietly, his mouth making strange motions as he tries to get used to the leftover tingling sensations from the meal.

"That Aspis woman must be rolling in coins, to be bidding on so many areas in such volume."

"You still think the Courts are your best bet? I can certainly see your ideas for it, working out."

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ela is near Jon and Cyran, hearing him discuss his confidence in his bids.

She chimes in to bolster his attitude.

I don't think you're chasing an unlimited bid. You're appropriately focused on a specific strategy and she's all over the districts, and could be getting stretched thin.

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

Katswiri spends the morning eating breakfast while examining the natural world for portents to guide her through the day's activities.

Two Natural Divinations, +10 to a skill check at some point during the day

Afterwards, Katswiri will try to relax with her book of puzzles, but will find the puzzle particularly tricky.

Puzzle Book, DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

At the party, Katswiri recognizes the dangerous but tasty food, and consults with her second sight to review the appropriate method for consuming it before deftly plucking the tentacles and consuming them.

Knowledge: Nobility, Focused Trance: 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 20 = 35

"Mmmmm. Delicious."

When Katswiri notices Myrosype talking to the Garundi man, Katswiri will shift her focus to see their conversation, seeking to read what the opposition is up to.

Perception, Take 10: 10 + 10 = 20

Katswiri's magic glasses let her see what anyone is saying in her field of view with a DC 0 perception check, modified for distance and other relevant modifiers as usual. She usually just takes 10 on the perception checks for normal day to day communication.


Graves:
"Myrosype seems to have a bottomless bank account at her disposal. I believe she is bidding with Aspis funds. If she has this much wealth at her personal disposal she'd even make Cyran jealous.

"The Courts of Abstinence are still the only thing if have a plan for. But that Aspis woman just reflexively increases her bid. It's cutting deep into my best-guess profit margin."


Jon,Ela:
"From what I can deduce, either Myrosype is far wealthier than even I am, or she has access to additional funds. This 'Aspis Consortium' perhaps? Is she a proxy? What do you know of her finances?"


Kaswiri:
Rataji, "...silver agent."

Myrosype, "...oh you're welcome! It was my pleasure. And these gifts are most appropriate, as well as your impeccable timing as always. Thank you my friend." She nods as he quickly slips away.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

"Nobody's funds are unlimited!" Jon thinks a moment before continuing. "Even though her funding appears that way, it must have a ceiling. Since she appears to be bidding on everything, your focused strategy--along with the similar focus of other bidders here--will continue to force her to stretch herself thin. Keep it up; it's a winning strategy for sure."

Bluff, Influence: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Now to remember what skills are optimal for Temel.
So much information coming from different aliases, its easy to lose track! =)


Alabastrine Maps

@Jon, I need a District.

@Graves, That's the whole point! :))

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

Jon is trying to Influence Cyran to follow his current bid strategy; i.e. both the Luminous Wharf and the Working End. Was that not clear from the context of my post?


Alabastrine Maps

you can only do one at a time.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

Luminous Wharf

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Graves gives Temel a companionable chuckle. "Even the Consortium's pockets have a limit." He offers. "I suspect she's overextended herself already, especially now that the others are getting more serious in their own attempts."

"Look how she slowly loses the lead, one by one." He adds. "She's not getting those coins back, nor has she retaken the lead in any of them."


Jon,Ela:
+1 Influence Cyran->Wharf

"Well, the Wharf certainly is cheap enough, hard to go wron..."

Your conversation is interrupted...


Jon,Ela:
“You should be careful whom you take financial advice from, Mr. Androtus. The Pathfinder Society may produce capable agents, but they are best suited for delving into muddy ruins rather than playing at understanding matters of business and profit.”

"Let's take an honest look at...her...for example. Is she even old enough to be legally hired as a babysitter? Nevermind 'adventurer'...nor consultant. I mean look at the way she gnaws into those 'drool' tentacles like a starving dog. Does the Society not feed you dear?"

"Which reminds me, calling themselves a...'Society'...is a misnomer if ever there was one. Uncivilized, murderous, thugs-for-hire who spend every gold they earn on bigger weapons to murder faster. This is your new vizier, Androtus? tsk tsk."


Graves:
"You can't go by what Hegio says publicly. His job is to stir the bidding and will choose with expert strategy when to announce who is 'winning'. It isn't official until tomorrow afternoon. My sources tell me Myrosype upped all her bids as soon as this luncheon began. I believe she is controlling 4 of the 5 at the moment. She's unstoppable."

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

"Unstoppable? Ha." Graves tries not to laugh too loudly. "That's the thing with these Consortium folks... they want you to think that, so they can walk all over you."

"But if the Society has proven anything, over the past few years, it's that they are anything but."

He goes on to describe a number of past incidents where the Aspis' plans were thwarted, often quite dramatically, despite their confidence that they were in a superior position.

"Push her bid a bit more, I'm sure you'll be another example in no time."

Wasn't sure where I was going with that, but was hoping something knowledge-based might present itself. Historical recounting it is!

Includes penalty for the party, bonus for Temel, and bonus for Heightened Awareness
Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + (2) - 2 + 2 + 2 = 24

Not sure how long ago something has to be to count as history... If knowledge (local) would be more appropriate, its the same bonus

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

Katswiri will finish off her tentacles as she works her way around the room, "Hello Irith! My name is Kaswiri, the desert seer, and I don't think we've had the opportunity to be formally introduced. This event is positively delightful, thank you so much for hosting. I don't think I have ever had poached chuul tentacles prepared that well, you will need to give my compliments to the chef."

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ela waits until Myrosype leaves to use her own words against her with Cyran.

Hmm, seems like she's getting concerned with others' encroaching bids. She directed the hostility toward us, but it's your bidding power that she fears...

Diplomacy, still Wharf: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Graves:
"History does often repeat itself, this I know. I shall push a little harder for the Courts and see if she breaks. Excuse me, I'll go speak with Hegio now before I change my mind again."

+1 Influence, Temel->Courts of Abstinence


Katswiri:
"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Katswiri. I worked hard to present exquisite foods from all over Golarion. A sample of the variety of trade that flows through Alabastrine. I tried to present numerous fine dishes, but I must admit, the chuul tentacles are my favorite. I'm pleased you can appreciate them, and the chef I hired to cook them especially well, to draw out every last drop of sensation."


Myrosype isn't quite finished yet...

Jon,Ela:
"Now Cyran...do you mind if I call you Cyran?...bidding on TWO districts is a bigger responsibility than you might be considering. I'm sure you're capable of running the establishments perfectly, but do you really want to get mired in the political intrigue of running Alabastrine itself? That's my expertise after all. Let us work together for mutual benefit.

"What do you need? Whole districts? Or a warehouse and a private dock? Let me handle Alabastrine, and I'll let you pick any you want! As part of a larger deal, of course. I have extensive trade networks throughout Casmaron, you have access to exotic materials beyond normal reach. It's a perfect match really.

“Oh, one more thing: Please accept this simple token as a show of my good faith, and a symbol of the profits to come.” She presents Cyran with an elaborate golden mantle.


Jon,Ela:
"You have given me much to think about, Myrosype. Please excuse me everyone, I must take some time to give proper consideration to all that has been presented."

Cyran leaves.

Dark Archive

Tengu Shadow Caller Spiritualist 1 Sensei Monk 2 S. Slayer Inquisitor 2| HP31/31 | AC25 T21 FF15| CMD 21 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 15 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +11|Advice Remaining 8 Rounds

Study Target: Irith + Bluff + Tentacle Bonus: 1d20 + 1 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 11 + 2 = 23

Kaepora approaches Irith, watching her as he moves up. He determines the very way she walks, breaths, and even blinks before completing the approach.

"A most interesting proposition, bidding on Prophet's Burg, lady Irith. Perhaps you should consider fully investing into it and not giving an inch to any opposition. Clearly the others are waiting for you to show that you are not putting up a higher front than you are now and will sneak in for a final opposition bid at the last moment. If you flex now, you will show them that you are far more serious than they can be ready to oppose."

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ela's jaw drops as Myrosype presents Cyran with the gold mantle. After Cyran walks away she turns to Jon and gives a look that clear says Uh oh.


Kaepora,Katswiri:
"I thought that was exactly what I was doing. The other bidders are more determined than I would like. I may need to 'flex' a little more. I need some time to consider how I am going to accomplish that."

+1 Influence, Irith->P_Burg


Alabastrine Maps

The three NPCs who can be meaningfully Influenced, have been at this event (and it's once per event). Ela, Katswiri, and Shi can attempt to 'Discover' more info about them, tho honestly you have most of it I think. We can move on to the next event if y'all want. (There are two events remaining, Cyran's and Myrosype's.)

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

"There is a lot of potential here. The bidding seems to be escalating across the board. It should end up being a very interesting next five years for Alabastrine, whatever happens."

After the conversation finishes, Katswiri will use her second sight to examine the best ways to apply pressure to Irith to get her to up her bid.

Knowledge, Nobility: Focused Trance: 1d20 + 8 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 20 = 48

Weaknesses for Irith


Katswiri:
Irith
takes great pride in what she’s accomplished while
governing Alabastrine. A PC who applauds her previous
efforts as lord-councilor gains a +4 bonus on a single
influence attempt against her.

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

We can only influence someone once per party?

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ready to move onto the next event.


Alabastrine Maps
Mr. Graves wrote:
We can only influence someone once per party?

correct


Alabastrine Maps

Hegio thanks Irith for her hospitality and invites everyone to attend Cyran's event this evening. Unexpectedly, it will be at one of Cyran's large warehouses in Kerse. "An unusual location for an auspicious event, I am very curious what Mr. Androtus has in store for us all. Don't miss it!"

He lists the current winning bids as:
Courts of Abstinence: Temel Passad
Luminous Wharf: Myrosype
Prophet’s Burg: Irith Nomazamo
Scriptum: Vayde Petronax
Working End: Myrosype


Alabastrine Maps

Irith's luncheon runs late into the afternoon. You have only a couple hours to make any preparations before you need to head into Kerse's small industrial section where Cyran's warehouse is.

You arrive at the address provided and find the familiar crowd filing into the warehouse's front entrance. Simple furnishings in the small front office have been pushed aside and security it directing people into the main storage area. The vast interior is empty. At the center of this open space you see a faint circle of bluish-purple light, about 50-60 feet in diameter. Cyran is standing in that circle, limned in a similar light.


"Eww, what's that smell? Is that...mildew?"


"I think that's just...sweat. Gross." Her booming voice echoes throughout the chamber, "Cyran, why have you brought us all...HERE??"


"Patience Mz. Nomazamo. The purpose of my demonstration will become clear in just a moment. But first I need everyone to step inside the circle. Please get cozy so everyone can fit. C'mon. Closer..."

The circle expands to 80-90ft, encroaching on the warehouse walls.

Dark Archive

LN Human Investigator 5 (HP 38/38 | AC 21, Tch 12, FF 18 | CMD 18 | Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +5; +2 vs illusions | Init +2 | Perc +15 | Inspiration 5/5 | Current Buffs: Heightened Awareness )

Graves will use another extract of Heightened Awareness.
Have 2 more, if someone wants one!

"Now this is more my style." He mutters, looking around at the old warehouse.

As the glowing circle expands, he looks at it curiously for a moment, then steps inside, as asked.

The Exchange

Female NG Elf Spellslinger 2 | HP 10/10 | AC 17* T 13 FF 14* | CMB-1 CMD 12 | F-1 R+3 W+3 | Init+5 | Low-light Vision; Perc+2 SM+0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st-burning hands, ear-piercing scream, ray of enfeeblement, shield | Active conditions: shield (2m)

Ela skitters into the expanding blue light, looking for the opportune place to stand apart from Myrosype and avoid any of her uncomfortable verbal jabs. Once fixed, likely next to Cyran, her head darts back and forth looking for the unpleasant woman.

Hrm, I didn't actually remember to use the extract you provided last event, so Ela will use it this time around.

The Exchange

M Wayang AC20/FF13/T15 Perception +11 HP 44/44 Hunter 5 Boris AC 27/T16/FF21 HP25/25

Shi joined the others, not sure what was going on.

Scarab Sages

female | human | oracle 5 | HP 33/33 | AC 21, FF 18, T 13 | CMB +4, CMD 12 | Init -4 | Perception +10, -4 Opposed, Auto Fail Hearing | F +3, R +8, W +11 | Focused Trance 0/3 | Natural Divination 0/2 | Spells: 7/7 1st, 5/5 2nd|

"I don't think its going to stay that way, Mr. Graves." Katswiri looks around at the glowing circle with interest. "I expect we're about to have some adventures rather further from home than usual."

Dark Archive

Tengu Shadow Caller Spiritualist 1 Sensei Monk 2 S. Slayer Inquisitor 2| HP31/31 | AC25 T21 FF15| CMD 21 | Fort 9 Ref 7 Will 15 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +11|Advice Remaining 8 Rounds

Kaepora cautiously approaches this strange glowing circle as well.


Alabastrine Maps

Once warehouse security has seen to everyone fitting inside the circle, (including Jon?) one says, "That's everyone Mr. Androtus."

Cyran nods, and the perimeter of the large circle rises up into purplish-red flames. (These flames do not produce any heat, nor cause any harm.) He holds a disk of what appears to be platinum, purple tendrils of energy pour off of this disk, snake between everyone's feet, and seem to fuel the outer fires. The flames become thicker as well, until you can no longer see through them. After about a minute of this, the fire recedes, exposing, not the original warehouse, but rather the interior of a large circular building. The walls appear to be made of bricks of gold. Large glass windows give a 360-degree view of a huge city with many similar spires. The streets form perfect concentric rings. At the heart of which an enormous building rises to an impossible height. Strain as you might, you cannot even see the top of this structure.

DC10 Planes (common knowledge):
This is the plane of Axis.

The Exchange

Male CG Half-Orc Mesmerist 2 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 15 (12 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +0, CMD: 12 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +3, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: heightened awareness

Jon accepts an extract from Mr. Graves and drinks it as he steps into the circle with the others.

Knowledge (planes), untrained, heightened awareness: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

He looks about in wonder, surprised and awed by what he sees! He approaches Cyran. "This is wonderful; what is this place?"

501 to 550 of 652 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GD8|Vamp's 7–22: Bid for Alabastrine All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.