GM Doug — Escaping the Grave [Gameday VIII PFS2] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII, running fromSeptember 9, 2019 to November 17, 2019

Maps & Resources.


251 to 263 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Female Elf Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +0 |
Active Effects:
speed 30ft | Hero Points - 0 | focus 1/1 | spells lvl 1-0/3

With some grease between her and the threat, one of the skeletons finally falling to the repeated beatings, and just a moment to breathe she can finally utilize her scroll. Her eyes scan over her bloodied company, as well as both Skorpa and Larraz's fallen forms, as she unfurls the paper and begins to recite the incantation scribbled on it.

A burst of healing magic pulses from her and through the room, sealing up wounds and hopefully adding a few more to the remaining skeleton. With the scroll spent and the paper now useless she lets it fall from her hands without further thought.

Spending all three actions to cast the AoE version of heal off the scroll.

Heal: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Mosquito Witch| Spell Templates

GM Screen:
Will Save, Skeleton1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Positive energy washes over the group, healing the wounded and bringing the dying back from the brink. Some of the skeleton's bones begin to crumble as well — but its head snaps around and stares at Veyanna. It seems completely focused on her now…

The Necromancer Strikes! Round 4: Bold may act!

Rememebr, you all have two rerolls unless otherwise noted in the ooc part of the initiatives below.

Veyanna[ Used 2/2 hero points
Dargon
Jorgran
Mandower Raging, -10 HP, 1/2 Hero Points used
Larraz -18 HP, prone, dropped items
Skeleton 1 -10 HP, shield -6 HP, AOO
Medium Dave -11 HP, Fatigued, wounded 2
Skorpa -16 HP, prone, dropped items, wounded 2

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Dwarf Ranger 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC 17 | F: +7, R: +9, W: +5; Fire Resist 1| Perc: +7 | Stealth: +7 | +2 Initiative | 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Dropping the bolt into his crossbow, Jorgran sights in the remaining skeleton. Taking a moment to concentrate, he fires off a shot.

"HUZZAH! Gotem!" shrieks Jorgran, confident he finally connected with a shot.

Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for Piercing: 1d12 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (7) + 2 + (6) = 15

Finish Reload
Hunt Prey
Strike


Mosquito Witch| Spell Templates

Jorgran's bolt cracks the skeleton's tough skull, but it's still standing!

Larraz plays dead while the skeleton is standing above him. Delay; he will draw an AOO if he stands, casts, or crawls.

The skeleton remains focused on the last person to channel positive energy, stepping carefully to Veyanna and swinging at her.

Grease rules — please read this if you intend to enter the greased area, marked in red squares on the map:

Grease: Creatures using an action to move onto the greasy surface during the spell’s duration must attempt either a Reflex save or an Acrobatics check to Balance. A creature that Steps or Crawls doesn’t have to attempt a check or save.

GM Screen:

longsword, attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The longsword cuts into the sorcerer, but she remains standing! The skeleton then raises its shield.

With the skeleton gone, Larraz picks up the holly, stands, and raises his shield.

The Necromancer Strikes! Round 4 & 5: Bold may act!

Remember, you all have two rerolls unless otherwise noted in the ooc part of the initiatives below.

Veyanna -11 HP, Used 2/2 hero points
Dargon
Jorgran

Mandower Raging, -10 HP, 1/2 Hero Points used
Skeleton 1 -20 HP, shield -6 HP, Shield raised, AOO available
Larraz -18 HP
Medium Dave -11 HP, Fatigued, wounded 2
Skorpa -16 HP, prone, dropped items, wounded 2

Horizon Hunters

M Dwarf Barbarian 1: Spd:20, HP:25/25, AC:14, 1 Fire Resistance, Fort:8, Ref:4, Will:6, Perc:6 Darkvision, Stealth:4

saving my other hero point for if I go down
Swing at skeleton 1 while raging hit: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (2) = 9 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
hit: 2 + 1d20 ⇒ 2 + (6) = 8 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
hit: -3 + 1d20 ⇒ -3 + (9) = 6 dmg: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Mosquito Witch| Spell Templates

Mandower you would have to Step to hit. So you'd only get 2 attacks. I'll have you step into the grease, which you can do without any penalty or worry of falling (it's tactically advantageous to leave that open square open for someone further away).

Mandower still can't seem to connect. It's not his day.

The Necromancer Strikes! Round 4 & 5: Bold may act!

Rememebr, you all have two rerolls unless otherwise noted in the ooc part of the initiatives below.

Veyanna -11 HP, Used 2/2 hero points
Dargon
Jorgran

Mandower Raging, -10 HP, 1/2 Hero Points used
Skeleton 1 -20 HP, shield -6 HP, Shield raised, AOO available
Larraz -18 HP
Medium Dave -11 HP, Fatigued, wounded 2
Skorpa -16 HP, prone, dropped items, wounded 2

Grand Archive

LN Male Human (Versatile) Barbarian (1)| HP 22/22 | AC 17 | F +7 R +4 W +6 | Perc +6 | Stealth -1 | speed 20ft| Active Conditions: None

Medium Dave stands up then makes a run at the necromancer and swings his club.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Burning a hero point to reroll the attack roll

Greatclub: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

1 action to stand, 2 actions to sudden charge

Horizon Hunters

Female Elf Sorcerer 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 | F +4 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +0 |
Active Effects:
speed 30ft | Hero Points - 0 | focus 1/1 | spells lvl 1-0/3

With little she can do to harm the skeletal champion about to turn her into paste, she takes a careful step back out of its reach and glances at the others. "There is a healing potion in my pocket. Please use it to save me."

She then pulls out her sling and hurls a single stone at the bony jerk's eye socket only for it to bounce right off. The sorceress seems pretty resigned to the fact she's going to have a bad day.

Step action, draw weapon action, chuck stone at skeleton action!

Sling: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Horizon Hunters

Male Human Ranger | HP 20/20 | AC: 18 | F: +7 R: +7 W: +5

Skorpa rises and picks both of his weapons up.

Dark Archive

Botting Dargon

Dargon delays.

Dark Archive

Botting Jorgran

Jorgran delays.


Mosquito Witch| Spell Templates

Veyanna's weak attack makes the skeleton lose focus for a moment…

GM screen:
clockwise, who will it attack?: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Longsword, attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

… but only a moment. It steps up to the sorcerer and mindlessly cuts her down. 6 damage; Veyanna is dying one.

It then steps back towards Dave, ready to decimate the melee types next. Step, Strike, Step

Larraz screams NO! and casts a spell using his holly — another lance of verdant green strikes the skeleton.

GM screen:
basic fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 fail!
damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Already weakened by the battering it took, the skeleton finally succumbs to its wounds. Its skull falls off the spine and tumbles down the stairs, coming to a halt at Medium Dave's feet.

I assume one of you will help Veyanna by using her healing potion in the next round; we can handwave that.

Out of combat!

Larraz looks at all of you. Well. That was hard-fought. How are you feeling? I really want to get out of here before more of those skeletons arrive. What do you think? Shall we go?


Mosquito Witch| Spell Templates

Outside you see more gargantuan shapes just outside Shimmerford, fast approaching! Larraz is right: you need to get out, and fast.

Since you don’t have any tasks other than to get home in one piece, you can carefully maneuver the Gravelands to avoid both challenging terrain as well as any lingering patrols, taking the time needed with your cargo.

When the you arrive back at the Vodavani Lodge, you see Venture-Captain Evni Zongnoss casting healing spells on a few Pathfinders whom she and her team extracted during their own mission into the Gravelands. She solemnly listens to your debriefing, and asks that the you return any belongings of the Pathfinders so they can be delivered to the fallen’s families — this includes their wayfinders. Evni accepts the unidentified bodies as well, promising that she will do her best to find if they have any surviving loved ones.

The statue in particular amazes Evni, to the point that she wonders out loud at the effort required to transport such a thing across the Gravelands.

Evni also offers either return Larraz back home to Katapesh, or to look for more peaceful locations to reassign him. Larraz politely declines the invitation for further adventures, at least for now, wishing only to return home to his family and take a long break.

Agents representing the Envoys’ Alliance return the remains Bryrigar, Potsmasher, and Clement to their families.

251 to 263 of 263 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug — Escaping the Grave [Gameday VIII PFS2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.