GM Doug — The Mosquito Witch [Gameday VIII PFS2] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII, running from September 9, 2019 to November 17, 2019.

Maps & Resources.


301 to 349 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra rushes towards the poor girl. "Off her you nasty thing!"

She casts a spell to try to hurt the bug.

ray of frost: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
cold damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The bug is blown to smithereens! When the insect pops off Haru's neck, she snaps out of her trance.

She blinks. What… where am I… how… how did I get here? She rests her hand on Peaches's shoulder for support and sits down in the grass. I don't remember.

I think there's something… strange here… something… calling me. She shivers and looks at the dark cave behind her. In there.

Look. Maybe you can find out what's going on. By going in. If you do, I'll lend you my gear. She nods at the man in white. And keep an eye on him. Not that I'm much good in my current state, but Peaches and I can fend off a few bloodseekers, at least. Will you go?

She lends you a cold iron dagger and two vials of holy water, as well as an empty vial. She suddenly pauses, giving Gaz a funny look. That's a creepy thing in your bag — and I've had my fill of creepy for the day. I've seen it before… somewhere… She points at the doll, which is now poking its head out of Gaz's backpack, almost like it's spying on you! (again!)

The man in white looks at his empty hands and mumbles, red… eyes… the dark…

Let me know if you're making any preparations before entering the cave. It looks pitch black in there, so those of you without darkvision will need a light source.

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

I'll leave the man at the entrance of the cave for his safety and have my sword in hand.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Haru nods as Max sets the man in white down next to her. I can protect him while you go inside.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

"We'll do our best to take care of it. Who can use a dagger best? Two can carry the holy water just in case. What was in this last vial? I can't see int he dark but do have a torch. Anyone else?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Haru nods at Zallarra. A healing potion, I think. Never hurts to have a spare vial.

Other treasure you found, if it helps:

- an old, ink-black vial identified as a potion of Invisibility
- lesser antidote
- suit of gold-plated half-plate armor
- one minor healing potion.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

Bramble holds a torch in one hand and his rapier in the other, ready to enter the cave.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Thanks for the recap!

"So... a potion of invisibility. Who might be able to use that the best... the antidote and healing I guess we can just use as a group, see who needs it. Do we even have anyone who might fit in that armor? Certainly not me!"

After the items have been handed out Zallarra lights a torch.
"OK. In we go.."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You enter the mysterious cave — guttering torchlight reveals carved steps descending into the bowels of the earth. To the side is a pile of discarded picks and shovels. Their handles are decayed and the metal parts are rusted beyond use — this is ancient mining equipment. This cave may have once been the back entrance to a working mine, but it was forgotten long ago.

If you would like to go quietly, please make a stealth check. If you want to barrel on down or don't think your character is the quiet type, then you can forgo it.

Anyone not buffed can retroactively buff themselves with non-combat spells or light, etc.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

After motioning someone larger and less cute than herself forward to go first, Zallarra tries to quietly continue.
stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz's eyes go wide as he sees the doll in his pack. "Egad! How did that get there???" Gaz reaches into his pack and removes the doll, leaving it on the ground before venturing forth with the party.

Gaz will also cast mage armor before entering. +1 AC. With Mage armor and use of shield spell, Gaz's AC is 17 I believe.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

Seebonickk lights a torch and tries to sneak. But he steps on a twig that goes *SNAP*

oh no

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra winces and looks back at Seebonick. She pulls out the invisibility potion. and whispers, "Need this?" with a sly grin on her face.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Spoiler:

Bramble's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Gaz's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Max's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Seebonickk's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Zallarra's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Big Smurf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Smurf: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

left->right: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The twig snaps, and for a few breathless heartbeats there's silence… then, you think you hear something moving around below but you can't be sure whether it's just a draft. You draw your weapons.

At the bottom of the stairs you see a wide entryway and passages to the left and right — Max moves left, and when he rounds the corner his black-and-white darkvision allows him to see a group of squat humanoids with huge heads — an unfortunate circumstance, considering how ugly their puffy faces are.

Bramble's torchlightfalls upon them, and you can see that they they are blue. One of them is dripping a vile of vile-looking liquid on an arrow. He grins at you, showing sharp teeth.

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 1!

You have weapons drawn. Map on Slide 1; art on slide 2. The strong-looking one has a green background. Knowledge Nature as an Action to ID.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra

Somethign happens
Max Titan
Big Blue
Little Blues

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

"I'm going in! Look out for that arrow-shooty one! Something tells me we'd be in for a bad day if we got hit with that!" Bramble moves forward, taking cover behind the wall while positioning himself to strike.

Stride, Strike, Strike, both Strikes at #1

Attack Roll #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Damage Roll #1: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Attack Roll #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage Roll #2: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra steps forward for abetter view and targets Smurf #2 with an Acid Splash spell.
ranged spell: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Assuming that hits Smurf 1 will get one Acid damage from splash.

Edit: This is what I get for not reading the discussion forum first! La-la la-la-la-la!

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

"Argh! More pests! You bore me. You have earned your fate!" The small gnome once again becomes animated, stepping forth and spitting out an arc of lightning catching the two attacking blue creatures.

Gaze takes one action to move into position and 2 actions to cast Electric Arc.

Electric Arc REF v DC 17 for half: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

GM screen:
Ref, Little Blue 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ref, Little Blue 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Bramble cannot connect against the small blue creature in the flickering torchlight.

One of them screams in pain as a blob of acid hits it squarely in its puffy face, then they both howl when they are jolted by electricity! The one hit by the acid seems to avoid the worst of the electric arc.

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 1!

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra
Somethign happens
Max Titan
Big Blue
Little Blue 1 -1 HP
Little Blue 2 -8 HP

Dark Archive

Botting Seebonickk.

Seebonickk double moves and stabs the first little blue creature.

shortsword +4 (versatile): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Suddenly a mean-looking bloodseeker buzzes around the other corner where it was hidden, seeking to feast upon on the group's flank! Figuratively and literally, I suppose.

The tiny creature flies into 1d3 ⇒ 3 Gaz's space. It's so hungry! triple move

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 1

Bold may act!

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra
Surprise Bloodseeker
Max Titan
Big Blue
Little Blue 1 -5 HP
Little Blue 2 -8 HP

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Max moves in and tries to power attack number 1 hit: 9 + 1d20 ⇒ 9 + (14) = 23
dmg: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11 lets go bastard sword. I did mention earlier I went in with weapon drawn, didn't want to waste a move pulling it


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Max — you all started with weapons drawn.

When max easily kills the small blue creature, the other one starts to shriek. GWIBBLE GWIBBLE GWIBBLE GWIBBLE GWIBBLE!

GM screen:
Dart: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 GM wants a reroll :)

Shortsword, Strike 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Shortsword, Strike 2: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 5 = 8
damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

The creature in the back incants some jiberish in his squeaky voice, pudgy fingers of his left hand making arcane signs as he does so. The space around him begins to shimmer with translucent shadows that sometimes coalesce into terrified faces.

He then chucks the dart, dripping with some vile green fluid, at Max. Luckily for Max it clacks harmlessly against the cave wall. verbal component, somatic component, Strike The creature looks very dismayed at this bad luck: Gwibble get you next time!

The second creature moves in for two strikes, poking its shortsword into Max's flesh only once. It's too afraid to be very effective. move, strike, strike

Another blue creature darts in from the other side of the cavern, wielding a shortsword and screaming like a maniac. He glances at the the powerful and frightening Max before choosing to instead stab weaker-looking foes on the back lines! He frantically waves his shortsword in the air as he makes a beeline at Zallarra. triple move

AIIIIEEEEE!

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 2

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra

Surprise Bloodseeker
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue
Little Blue 2 -8 HP
Surprise Little Blue 3

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

Seebonickk stabs the blue creature near him.

"We'll get Gwibble and the rest of you!"

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Gwibble!? The one stabbed falls down, unconscious.Seebonickk if you would like to move you have 2 actions left.

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 2

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz

Seebonickk
Zallarra
Surprise Bloodseeker
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue
Surprise Little Blue 3

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz turns, smoke billowing from his mouth and his eyes a blaze as the bug flies toward him. He curls his fingers making crude claws and his mouth curls into a vicious sneer.

"What this? You think you can challenge me? You are, quite literally, a bug to be squashed. Your last mistake."

He expels another arc of lightning. It slams into the bug and arcs to the blue creature attacking Zallara.

Gaz takes two actions to cast Electric Arc.

Electric Arc REF v DC17 for half: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra stares at the blue meanie facing her and jsut says, "Nope!"
She waves her hand at him and utters another word of power as a cone of multi colored energy washes over him.

color spray. Will save DC 17. Text from the spell:
Critical Success The creature is unaffected.
Success The creature is dazzled for 1 round.
Failure The creature is stunned 1, blinded for 1 round, and dazzled for 1 minute.
Critical Failure The creature is stunned for 1 round and blinded for 1 minute.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

GM screen:
Reflex, Bloodseeker: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Reflex, Surprise Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Will, Surprise Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

The lightning arc misses the insect, but hits the other creature square on the nose, frying a blue pustule. crit success, fail.

Blinded for a split second by the electric arc, the creature somehow misses the effects of Zallara's color spray. crit success

It continues screeching. Aiiiiieeee!

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 2

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra
Surprise Bloodseeker
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue
Surprise Little Blue 3 -8HP

Dark Archive

Emulating Bramble!

Bramble looks at the aura surrounding the blue creature and decides to help his friends on the back line, whose last round of spells idn;t have great results.

He moves next to Gaz and strikes:

Rapier, Strike 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Rapier, Strike 2: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 5 = 16

Unfortunately, he cannot seem to connect! This bloodseeker is tougher than the others…


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Spoiler:
attach, strike 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
attach, strike 2: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 5 = 12
attach, strike 3: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 10 = 0
These dice.

The bloodseeker furiously buzzes around Gaz's head, but its proboscis cannot find an opening!

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 2
Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra
Surprise Bloodseeker
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue
Surprise Little Blue 3 -8HP

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Move and power attack bloodseeker hit: 9 + 1d20 ⇒ 9 + (9) = 18
dmg: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (7, 9) + 4 = 20


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Max moves like a wrecking ball around the battlefield, destroying the bloodseeker in one powerful blow.

The creature in the back says more jibberish words and the aura expands. It then draws a shortsword and moves out of sight. Expand emanation, move, interact

The last blue creature, panicking now, attacks Zallarra!

Spoiler:
Shortsword, Agile, Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Shortsword, Agile, Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Shortsword, Agile, Attack 3: 1d20 + 8 - 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 8 = 4
Damage, P: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

It only hits once, drawing a little blood. These enemies are flailing rather pathetically. Strike three times

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 3

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra
-5 HP
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue
Surprise Little Blue 3 -8HP

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra make a gesture with her hands as if to say "Shoo! Go away"and blasts the blue meanie with mental energy.

Daze. 4 mental damage. DC 17 Will save, Stunned 1 if crit fails. Conventionis going great! Lots of fun! Just played my last PFS 2 of the con and have been enjoying it!

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Peering over his shoulder for a moment, he then turns his attention to blue agitator to the north. Growling he moves next to Seebonickk and unleashes another arc of electric energy.

1 action to move near Seebonickk, 2 actions to cast electric arc.

Electric Arc, REF v DC 17 for half: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Gaz I don’t think you can target him from where you are. The corners of your square intersect the wall before reaching the corners of his square as shown on the map. Do you have movement to get 10 more feet forward? You can JUST target him then. Otherwise, you can redo your turn.

Spoiler:

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Zallarra finishes iff the creature next to her! Gwibb... elll...

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 3

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz may need to resolve movement or redo turn
Seebonickk
Zallarra -5 HP
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

@GM I believe I do. I moved Gaz up 10 feet and will take same action and use previous roll.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Spoiler:
reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

The creatiure weaves its head, bobbing out of the way. The electric arc harmlessly melts some iron ore in the wall. Crit success on basic save.

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 3

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk
Zallarra -5 HP
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

The gnome moves around the corner.

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

He then tries to stab the creature

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

:That is for hurting our friends"

Dark Archive

Botting bramble. Giving Seebonickk a sneak attack for the flank as Bramble could have moved first.

will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Bramble double-moves before Seebonickk, giving him a flank before attacking.

Rapier, Strike 1 vs Flat-Footed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Seebonickk's sneak: 1d6 ⇒ 1


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Bramble and Seebonickk feel a momentary terror, then push past it.

The creature snarls, lashing out at the rogue and hitting twice — but not very effectively!

Spoiler:
Shortsword, Agile, Strike 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Shortsword, Agile, Strike 2: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 4 = 22
Shortsword, Agile, Strike 2: 1d20 + 9 - 8 ⇒ (17) + 9 - 8 = 18

Piercing: 2d6 - 2 ⇒ (1, 2) - 2 = 1 Min 1 / attack.

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 4

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions. If you are in the aura you no longer need to make a save.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk -2HP
Zallarra -5 HP
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue -4 HP

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra double moves to get into position, skirting the dangerous area.

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz growls at the deft blue creature. He curls his hands, turning them upward. Glowing energy swirls around his hands as his eyes narrow.

"Dodge this cretin!"
Three spheres of magical force leaps from Gaz's hand. They rises in the air then, like shooting stars, dart forth slamming into the blue attacker.

Gaz uses three actions to cast magic missile.

MM magical force damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) + 3 = 10


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The creature is ricked by the blow of pure force, but still standing — it looks badly hurt, though!

Battle of the Iron Cave: Round 4

Bold may act! If you enter the aura marked around the creature with the green background, you must immediately make a will save before resolving any attacks or other actions. If you are in the aura you no longer need to make a save.

Bramble the Brave
Gaz
Seebonickk -2HP
Zallarra -5 HP
Max Titan -4 HP
Big Blue -14 HP

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

spend two rounds getting into melee will save: 2 + 1d20 ⇒ 2 + (15) = 17
If I pass then swing hit: 9 + 1d20 ⇒ 9 + (15) = 24 dmg: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Max does what Max does best, destroying the creature. It falls with a final Gwibble.

Out of combat!

We’ll wrap up tomorrow. It’s getting late here.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Seebonickk looks down at the puffy-faced blue bodies, identifying them as Mitflits, fey creatures who can empathasize with vermin… vermin such as bloodseekers!

You move deeper into the mine, where you find a colony of mitflits hiding in a fogotten nook. The creatures cower in terror — not of you, but of the mosquito witch. One of them speaks in broken common:

Gwibble! Gwibble make pretend to be witch! Tell bugs to bite! Drive off people! Want land for us! People go away! Scared! All swamp and all bugs for us! Fun! As a measure of good faith, they offer you their pitiful treasures. Items on chronicle sheet.

There's a set of tiny little stilts leaning in the corner — clearly designed to create pointy footprints that look like the witch's. Now you know why the tracks you foud earlier were so small. You also see rusty old carving knives that might be used to slice jibberish onto tree trunks.

The mitflit continues. But now… not fun. Real witch here. It watch us. Red eyes in dark. Wings at night. We scared. No Gwibble now. You kill Gwibble. No more boss. So we go away. No more scared of red eyes in dark. No want to be here. Witch watching, now. The hairs on the back of your neck stand up. You feel suddenly as if you're being watched. The mitflit stares intently off into the dark. We promise! No more fake witch! We go!

You start to make your way out of the old min, which now seems more than a little creepy. You feel assured that without their leader Gwibble, and their fear of the witch, the mitflits will leave the area and stop directing bloodseekers and mosquitoes to plague Shimmerford.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You blink in the sunlight, releived to be in the open air once again. Haru and Peaches wait, safe and sound. Max shoulders the man in pristine white, and you turn to leave. The witch doll rests the mud where Gaz dropped it. Good riddance!

Something deep and loud moans from deep within the old mine, as if the bones of the earth itself are breaking. You turn back as the moan becomes a loud rumble. You realize what's happenign too late: an explosion of dust rushes out from the entrance, blinding you!

When you're done coughing and blinking the grit from your eyes, you see that the old mine is completely caved in. The mitflits are dead in a freak accident and you left just in time.

You remember words written on the insane man's paper doll… "The iron cave will fall." You turn away and find, resting at your feet in the mud, an intricately carved paper doll. The sun is setting. You hurry back to town as fast as possible.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Back in town it's immediately apparent that the attacks on Shimmerford have ended — there's merely a normal level of annoying insects in the humid air. Haru thanks you sincerely, but quickly departs to continue her mission. You head back to Tymon with Andor, the man in white, where he can receive the healing he needs.

Safely back in Tymon the Mosquito Witch seems like a mere legend — there was surely a rational explanation for what happened. You open the door to your lodging, ready for a good night's rest. Sitting on your pillow is a mosquito witch doll, watching you with red eyes.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"OH NO! It's the doll again!"

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 1 |NG | AC 15 | HP 15 | Fort +4 Reflex +5 Will +5 | Perception +3 Sorcerer 1 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra eyes the doll.
"Well. Are you going to keep appearing from now on? I guess i'll get used to it at some point..."

301 to 349 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug — The Mosquito Witch [Gameday VIII PFS2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.