GM Doug — The Mosquito Witch [Gameday VIII PFS2] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII, running from September 9, 2019 to November 17, 2019.

Maps & Resources.


1 to 50 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII, running from August 26, 2019 to November 3, 2019.

Please dot and delete after you've signed up!


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You've made your way to Tymon, a city-state in the River Kingdoms that's famed for its prestigious gladiators and sensational arena battles. Here, you are to meet Venture-Captain Holgarin Smine in his smithy.

The place is easy enough to find: Smine's Weaponworks is a large operation, and it seems like business is booming what with all the arena battles happening in the city.

The smithy features an open sliding door that leads into a work area filled with toiling apprentices. One of the workers, a grim-faced halfling woman barely taller than her own anvil, looks at you and simply points to a narrow staircase at the back of the smithy. Climbing the stairs provides a small respite from the din and the heat, with hanging bowls full of cloves and aromatic bark that make a heroic effort to cover the smell of slag, coal, and sweat.

The secret Pathfinder Lodge above the smithy resembles an adventurer’s boarding house, providing an excellent cover for the comings and goings of the Society’s agents. A door to a kitchen opens, and a soot-smudged dwarf dressed in a leather apron steps out, wiping his hands on a rag. See slide 1 for artwork

This is Venture-Captain Holgarin Smine. The dwarf gestures brusquely to a table within the kitchen where a simple but hearty assortment of bread, cheese, and cider has been set out on the table for refreshments.

Hope the journey went well, Smine greets. His rough voice and clipped cadence match the hammers beating below. Dangerous these days. More dangerous further west.

DC 14 Society:
"Further West" refers to the Gravelands, the former nation of Lastwall that has recently been overrun with hordes of undead. Not a nice place!

Won’t waste your time. Don't waste mine. Who'd they send me?

Now is the time for character introductions! Please introduce yourselves to the Venture-Captain. Things you might want to include are how your character looks or talks, their mannerisms, their area of expertise, and anything else that you find relevant.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

A thin female gnome, wearing comfortable traveling clothes under a dark cloak steps forward. She has the usual expressive gnomish face with large dark jade green eyes and dark blue hair currently pulled back into a pony tail.
"Greetings Venture-Captain. My name is Zallarra and I am a practitioner of magics."
She gives the venture captain a slight bow and then looks to her travelling companions.

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Max Titan walks in with his fist raised and his index and pinky sticking straight up. What up Dog!

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

A small gnome with a coppery-bronze sheen to his comlexion walks in holding a book to his chest. He runs a hand through his wild coppery blue hair and adjust a pair of spectacles on his face. He grins nervously at those around him, and jumps with a start as Max gives his abrupt greeting. Gaz the gnome grins and waves at Smine.

"Good day Captain Smine, fellows. My name is Gaz." The gnomes face twists in frustration as he tries to recall something. He shakes his head back in forth with a bit of unusal fury then smiles meekly to the Venture-Captian. "I must confess I am rather new to all this. This is really my first outing from University. I like to think of myself as a scholar, but lately I have developed...well exhibited I suppose..I mean...I have a few rather remarkable abilities. The most curious of which is that I can breath lightning. Not much but a little is enough, heh. Rather fascinating." Gaz once again seems lost in his own thoughts.

Society: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Oh! Oh my! You must be referring to the gravelands! Not a pleasant place I dear say."

Gaz, realizing he is rambling. Quiets himself and awaits instruction.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

"Ha HA! This place is TOO MUCH FUN!" A rambunctious halfling, black hair and slight of build, comes twirling into the smithy, accidentally bumping into the stoic workers. "Oh, sorry, sorry! No hard feelings, yeah?"

Bramble freezes when he sees the others gathered around the stern venture-captain. "Oh, cripes! Err... hi there! My name is Bramble, Bramble the Brave! Loyal champion of my boy Cayden Cailean, to whom I dedicate my life to in the noble pursuit of... freedom for one and all!" Bramble fist pumps, then runs over to the refreshment table. His eyes grow wide at the food and wider at the cider. Oh boy, I'm FAMISHED!" He then bashfully turns back to the venture-captain. "Sorry, I suppose I'm here to report for duty. It will be AWESOME working with you!" He beams at everyone in turn.

Society: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 huzzah!

"Oh yeah, that place. Bramble shudders in agreement with Gaz.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Smine nods in approval at your group's worldliness. Good to know the lay of the land. Understand our times.

Seems like some of you enjoyed the Arena of Aroden. It's good to know how to use magic, too. He grins at Bramble. I'm famished too. Let's eat. Think there's a couple more of you on the way, but we shouldn't starve.

He pours each of you a glass of cider. Perhaps this venture captain's not as stern as he first seems.

Pausing here to ensure everyone has time to post an intro — still missing a couple players!

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

A gnome with bright red hair walks into the room "Seebonickk here all" He grabs a glass of cider and takes a sip.

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz eyes the offered drink warily. He takes a sniff and wrinkles his nose, sneezing as the alcoholic vapors nearly overwhelms hsi heigthened sense of smell. "Pardon me. My apologies. Not much of a drinker I am afraid. I could use a bite though. I do hope fresh fish is on the menu."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Okay, everyone's here!

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 2

Welcome, Seebonickk. 1d2 ⇒ 2 No fish today. Sorry, Gaz. But I have apple juice. He goes to the kitchen and comes back out with another carafe.

Smine then reaches over to a shelf by the window. He produces a grotesque little doll that's constructed from woven swamp grass. Its face has beady, painted red eyes and a needle-like snout; six hand-less arms clutch the doll’s chest. Art linked, and on slide 1.

He grins. Ever heard of the mosquito witch?

Local legend. Ugly thing. People claim it lives near a town called Shimmerford. Monster hunters been trying to catch it more'n fifty years. No one managed yet. Villagers of Shimmerford, they like their witch. They sell dolls and souvenirs. Fun for all.

Not anymore, though. Mosquitoes and bloodseekers been plaguing villagers. Killing livestock. Swarming people. Getting into food. Getting into cider. He glances at his glass. Been getting worse, over the last year or so. People are starting to leave the town. They blame the Mosquito Witch.

He shrugs. I don’t. Doesn’t matter what I think, though. It’s a problem either way. You’re going to fix it.

Hired you a boat. Good ship. Good crew. They’ll take you downriver. To Shimmerford. Four day ride. Clouds of bugs hanging by the shore and above the water. Tormenting all. Doesn’t sound fun. Stay inside, long as you can.

Smine sits the doll on the table and looks at you. Questions?

Gaz:
Your knowledge of the occult tells you that the Mosquito Witch was originally spotted almost 60 years ago in a forested location now known as Witchtop Hill, near the village of Shimmerford. Most of the witnesses were teenagers.

Zallarra:
You rack your brain for occult knowledge of this Mosquito Witch, but the legend of this cryptid eludes you at the moment.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"Hmmm... I feel like I'm not remembering something important here. Ah well, maybe it will come to me later. In the man time, swarms of bloodsucking things sounds atrocious. We should be ready to deal with such.
You say the villagers liked the witch? Did she protect them or have some sort of agreement with them? I wonder what has changed. Usually beings like this only change their ways drastically due to some outside force.
I guess we shall see when we arrive!"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

No agreement. Don't even think the witch exists, myself. Maybe you'll find out for sure.

Might be better to say Shimmerforders like the idea of the witch. Gets the tourists in. They stay at the tavern. They watch the Witchday Parade. They buy witchmuffins in the morning. They buy witch ale at night. They go home with witch dolls, witch quilts, witch jewelry, witch folk art. That kind of thing.

Good for business.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

Bramble shudders at Smine's briefing, then looks at the doll. "A creepy thing for a creepy tale, huh! Any reccs on how to fight off those nasty buggers?"

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz wrinkles his brow as he sips the juice kindly brought by Smine. He wiggles his nose and his eyes perk up at the mention of the Mosquito Witch.

"Oh! Oh! I have heard of that one. Well, read of it anyway. I came accross an account that placed the witch in a forrest near the villiage of Shimmerford actually. A place called, not ironically I suppose, as Witchtop Hill. The account was old though, going back some 60 years, and the stories were recorded from the statements of, well, local teens. Still, its something."

Gaz scrunches up his face in thought.

"I hate to point this out, but those bugs are likely going to be a problem. Do you have any idea of how bad, or big, these bugs get and can you provide any assitence for us to deal with them?"

Gaz finishes his juice with a gulp. "Thanks for this by the way."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates
Bramble the Brave wrote:
Any reccs on how to fight off those nasty buggers?

Want to fight bugs? Work in a forge. They don't like the smoke. They don't like the heat.

Gaz wrote:
I hate to point this out, but those bugs are likely going to be a problem. Do you have any idea of how bad, or big, these bugs get and can you provide any assitence for us to deal with them? … Thanks for this by the way.

Anytime, Gaz. They call the bigger ones bloodseekers. Big as a cat. Some call them by their more fancy name. Stirges. Can usually smash them with a good whack from a hammer. Don’t get careless. They’re big enough to drain you dry.

I don't have much for you but the boat to Shimmerford. And the hired crew.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

Bramble rubs his chin in thought. "Hmm, I don't think we can take the forge with us! But I'm happy to give 'em the ol' stabby stab when the time comes!" Bramble pantomimes his classic jaunty rapier stab.

"Well, I guess I'm ready as I'll ever be for this nightmarish boat ride!"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

1d5 ⇒ 1

Smine nods. Good.

Anything else? Your pleasure-cruise awaits.

He turns to put the doll back, then thinks better of it. With an irreverent grin, he hands the macabre doll to Bramble the Brave.

Here. Take it with. A good luck charm for you.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"Well, I guess we are ready then. I hope the actions of the villagers didn't upset the witch."

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

A shiver runs through Bramble's being. "Oh criminy. Well, I guess someone has to carry this dang thing." Bramble stares hard at the doll, its unblinking painted eyes staring back. "I hate it so much! But this burden I will carry for you, my dear friends. I'll grant you freedom from this terrible thing!" Bramble stashes the witch doll in a large pocket in his backpack.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"Maybe I'll catch some fish on the voyage!"

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz eyes light up Seebonickk's mention of fish. The fellow gnome succintly hears his stomach rumble for a moment. Gaz, hearing it himself, looks sheepsh then attempts to draw attention away from himself.

"Ahem, yes, I suppose I am ready to investigate this village. Will be nice to see the landscape in person instead of an artist's rendering on a page."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

1/2

The ride downriver is slow, and would be pleasant were it not for the thick clouds of mosquitoes hanging over the shoreline. As you head South they become more prominent, until the earth itself seems to be covered with writhing masses of flying insects. Sailors take turns swimming in the water, desperate for relief.

Finally, you debark. The riverboat paddles swiftly away. You'd like to think they're waving goodbye but it's probably just the bugs.

You find yourselves alone on Shimmerford Road… with the ever-present clouds of insects. The insects provide no mechanical effect at this time, but they probably annoy your characters!

About a mile down the road you see the walled town of Shimmerford. It's a small place, one of those sleepy towns that shut down after tourist season, but there seems to be even less activity than you'd expect.

There's a weathered sign hanging over the town gate; it creaks in the wind, dangling by a single nail. Its hand-painted text is quite faded, but you can just make out the words:

sign wrote:

Exchange Club of Shimmerford welcomes you to

WITCHDAYZ 4718

Fun - 4 - All

As you pass under the gate, the sign suddenly falls to the ground, echoing loudly among the silent homes.

You all get a Hero Point for enduring so many mosquito bites!


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

2/2

As the crack of the woebegone sign shatters the silence, a copper-skinned gnome with a blueberry-colored mohawk bursts out of a tiny house just to the left of the gate. She waves you over.

Oh, thank g-goodness! You actually came! Smine actually s-sent someone! You must be them, right? N-no one comes here anymore unless they’re planning to h-help! Are you here to help?

She swats at the air around herself and does a little dance, constantly moving to make it harder for the biting insects to land.

I'm Galia! Do you w-want to t-talk inside? My house is m-mostly mosquito-free! She runs inside her house, but leaves the door open. There's a pole painted with a helix of red and white stripes next to a window, which seems to be sealed closed with multicolored goop.

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Max Titan would have taken a single swing at the mosquitos along the road hit: 9 + 1d20 ⇒ 9 + (5) = 14 bastard sword dmg: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
As he steps in.
Listen the sign outside fell to the ground, give us some nails and a hammer and we can fix it.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

There are mosquitos splattered all over Max Titan's bastard sword!

----

Galia looks at Max. O-okay! But I don't have any tools like that. I just give people haircuts. But no one comes anymore…

Anyway, that was last year's sign. It's probably best we leave it down. There was no festival this year, because of the b-bugs.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

"Thanks for the shelter, Galia! Witchdayz sounds like a lot of fun, maybe! What sorts of things would you get up to in that fest? Games? Food? BEER?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Oh yes, it's the best — we have a parade, and a barn dance, a WitchDunk tank, an Arts and WitchCraft contest, and all k-kinds of fun. When people show up, that is.

I give the visitors WitchCuts, or dye their hair scary colors! Do you want a h-haircut? Yes, of course we have beer: Rosa Hart — she operates Hart's Brewery — makes a seasonal WitchAle. Anna Marmazine, the baker, makes artisinal Witchbread. Old Callum Shay at the Whitefish and Stag even offers discounts to v-visitors who help clean up after the WitchDayz parade, too.

You look around, and realize she is subsisting on very little. It seems as if business hasn't been very good for a long time. She also looks at her home, and her face falls as the fond memories fade.

Most everyone's gone now. If you're here to help, I can t-tell you whose still left.

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz swats with annoyance as the bugs swarm he and hsi fellow agents. Grumbling, the gnome mutters with unusual ferocity as the mosquitoes bite.

'Argh! Cursed creatures! IS there no end to you annoyance!"

Gaz struggles to regain some of his composure and walks silently with the group as they arrive at Shimmerford.

Gaz actually smiles at the welcoming Galia. "Thank you for yoru hospitality Galia. I must say the tomes I have read on Shimmerford forget to mention these mosquitoes. Nigh unbearable. You must have a trick to endure such pestilence, eh?" Gaz winks at their host in jest. Upon hearing of Galaia's trade, he runs a hand thorugh his own unruly bronze hair with a tinge of metallic blue. He considers for a moment. "Why? A haircut may be just what I need. New life, new adventure...perhaps it is time I tame this beast of a mop. What do you say?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

She gestures at the goop sealing the windows. My unused hair product helps keep them out. It keeps your hairdo in form, even in the w-wind, and it also acts as a good s-sealant.

Oh! I almost forgot! Would anyone l-like some beet juice? It's mostly mosquito-free.

I can give you a h-haircut. But you're here to help too, right? I forget, did you say Smine sent you?

If you would like a haircut or dye let me know what style/color and I will write it on your chronicle sheet when we're done :) She will charge you 5 SP now, but perhaps you can earn a free haircut if you save the town… :)

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

So the mosquitoes chase people away, well then just hire a wizard to cast a single fireball where the mosquitos are mostly gathered in the woods then have him use a spell to quickly put out the fire if the woods catch on fire.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

We tried big fires. The mosquitoes just keep breeding in the swamps all around, and come back. Its not natural.

Most people think it’s..... the witch. I thought maybe it was that cultist of Ghlaunder, the god of parasites and disease, but that turned out to be wrong too. So I don’t know what else it could be.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

"Witchdunk Tank? RAD! I love it!" Bramble considers his floppy, dark hair. "I guess now's a great a time as any for a haircut! I'll take you up on that offer, Galia!" He winks at the barber. "And a side of beet juice."

As he prepares for his haircut and Galia mentions Smine, Bramble responds. "Yes, we're here to free you from this mosquito scourge. Ol' Holgie—what a guy!—sent us."

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

"Beet juice! Well that sounds delightful. Your hospitality knows no bounds, Galia thank you. I shall wait until you have coiffed Bramble there and engage your services. Nothing too extreme please and, if it is all the same, i would like to keep my natural color. I am not certain why, but I am very attached to it." Gaz without realizing it holds on to a lock of his hair. He continues "And yes, we are here upon the request of Master Smime. He sent us to look into this witch of yours. What can you tell us about this legend, hm?"

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"Thank you for your hospitality, Galia. When did the insect issue begin?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

1/2

As Bramble and Gas get new looks, Galia does the one thing every barber in the world excels at: making small talk.

Galia is an excellent source of informatino and we don't need to RP all the talk that likely happens over the course of the next hour or so. There's a lot of info to process here, as well as many locations you can visit in town!

Zallarra, the insects came about a year ago. There’ve been a lot of bloodseekers, too. Those mosquitoes are as big as your h-head! The little ones are bad enough, but the big ones are what's really d-driving people out of the town. One even carried off poor Mrs. McClairby’s cat las tweek, and some of them d-drained Mr. Rujat’s blue ribbon cattle, Mr. Waffles — now he only weighs as much as a calf!

I thought it was that v-vermin-god cultist hiding out in the woods. But… um. Yeah! W-when we found him the others got a teensy-tiny wee bit mad, and um... k-killed him. And then whacked him into pieces. And then tore his h-house down. Then burned the pieces to the ground along with the pieces of his body. The s-salted the ground where the ashes were. But, um. The mosquitoes and bloodseekers didn’t leave. So I guess... it actually wasn’t him? I… I feel kind of bad about it now.

By the way. You have some competition. You’re not the only people that have come here looking for the witch. Most of the monster hunters gave up after the first couple adventurers were found w-without any blood, but there’s been a whole bunch of new people lately! Two of them showed up some weeks ago: a brown-haired human dressed all in white, and this halfelf woman with beautiful silky black hair and gold armor over this amazing red dress!

Neither of them talked to me, though—they just went into the woods and never came back. I think they spoke to some of the other townsfolk, though!

And this week, another two visitors showed up! There’s this really professional looking human woman with a white dog, and this nervous human man staying at the inn who really needs a shave and a trim. M-maybe you can find them if you look around.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

2/2

In the course of making small talk, you obtain the points of interest in town. Most of the town has left, and only a few people remain.

Hart's Brewery: Rosa Hart is the town's master brewer. She also makes stronger spirits, like brandies.
The Bell Family: A mother, father, and three whildren who are too destitute to escape.
Mordha Lyons house: Ms. Mordha Lyons actually saw the Mosquito Witch, back in the day. She was one of the first. She doesn’t much like strangers, (or anyone, really).
The Tanner: The tanner is owned by someone named "The Tanner."
The Whitefish and Stag: The town inn. He put up the monster hunters who were recently in town.
Ruza’s House A superstitious old lady.
Braybon’s Smithy: Luca Braybon is tough, and she's still operating her smithy. While she doesn't have buyers, it at least keeps the bugs away.
Marmazine’s House: A gnome baker. Galia dyes her hair a unique rose-pink. Her artisinal Witchbread is delicious.
Shrine to Hanspur: A small roadside shrine to the god of river travel.
Abandoned Farm: A decrepit farm, but Galia heard some noises coming from there just this morning.

Based on this glut of information, you may have more questions for your barber. Feel free to ask away! When you are ready to move on choose a location. Once a second person agrees to go to that location, we will move the party there.

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"No haircut for me today, but thanks. Did the strangers go anywhere else besides the inn?"

Seebonickk turns to the party. "Wonder what the white dog is?"

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

After listening to the fate of the cultist, 'Ah. Yes. I would say you have definitely eliminated him as a suspect.."

After listening to the chitchat Zallara says, "Perhaps talking to the owner of the Inn to get more information on the other adventurers would be helpful. Strange noises in a farm may also yield some leads..."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The gnome chatters as the scissors go snip snip snip. They talked to people! I'm not really sure though. You might want t-to ask around.

Zallarra wrote:
I would say you have definitely eliminated him as a suspect.

Part of me wonders if we may have gone too far. But, um, it's a good idea to be extra-sure, right?

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

”Well, that wasn’t very nice of you, was it?” Bramble frowns, then perks up at the mention of the brewery. He turns to Zallara. ”The inn seems like as good a place as any to start! Also could be fun!”

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra shrugs at the gnome, "Meh. Cultists. It's the only way to be sure... I wouldn't worry about it."

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz grimaces as hsi new barber talks casually of butchering an innocent forrest dwellar, but keeps his thoughts on the subject to himself. Hearing the name of the inn, Gaz readily agrees to check it out as well.

"Yes Zallara, the inn sounds like a good palce to start."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Spoiler:

Bramble's Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

None of you who are trained in religion know much about Ghlaunder, but the deity doesn't sound nice.

Those haircuts should be 2CP, not 5… 5 CP is a bit overpriced :)

----

The Whitefish and Stag is easily recognized: at two stories, it's the tallest building in Shimmerford.

Callum Shay, the balding proprietor, is inside the common room on the first floor; his sleeves are rolled up to the elbows and he's using an old rag to wipe dead mosquitos out of glassware. The smell of a weak leek soup wafts in from the kitchen.

He waves you over. Welcome to the White and Stag! We're running a Monster-Hunter's special right now: half-off at one copper a night, or free room and board if you get rid of these cursed mosquitos! Room comes mostly mosquito-free; board mostly mosquito-free.

There is one other person in the common room: hunched over and muttering to himself at a table in the darkest corner is a haggard human with dark messy hair, stubble sparsely forming a goatee, and gaunt cheeks. He is wearing a yellow mining helmet, and turning a paper object over and over in his hands while he rocks back and forth, muttering to himself.

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz grins at the smell of the soup fills his nostrils. He looks about the inn spying the hunched over man in the corner. Curious. Many good tales start with a mysterious stranger at an inn. I wonder if this man holds a key? Only one way to find out.

Gaz walks over to the man at the table. "Pardon me sir, but are you alright?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Alright? Alright!? No! I'm not alright! I'm an idiot! An idiot for coming here!

Gaz sees that the man is clutching an intricate paper doll. The sweat from his skin starting to cause the paper to melt into something horrific looking. He's drinking a coffee and it looks like he's been up all night… or for days.

Oh, wait, you’re... where… where are my manners?

I'm Quintus. Chevunier. Quintus Chevunier. Quintus idiot.

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

These mosquitoes, do you know where their nest is?


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The man gazes up at Max. His eyes go wide.

Do I know? A nest? What? Six and Four dead on Shimmerford Road. Six and Four dead on Shimmerford Road! What does that have to do with the mosquitoes? And why is someone stealing shovels?

I don't even know how I know. Maybe I'm supposed to cause it! Is there a nest? Should I go there? He shouts: I don't want to! Do you hear? I don't want to! Callum coughs loudly and gives Quintus a look but otherwise continues wiping out glassware; it seems that these days, this sort of behavior has become the norm at the Whitefish and Stag.

Quintus hides the soggy paper doll behind his back as if he's trying to prevent it from eavesdropping. He whispers: It doesn’t matter... it gets what it wants. IT. ALWAYS. GETS. WHAT. IT. WANTS.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra walks up to the barkeep, "Well met, sir."
As the others are talking to the apparent miner she lowers her voice, "So, what's his story? He seems a little disturbed..."

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

Seebonickk turns to Zallarra and scratches his head. "Cause he's an idiot? My sister in law calls my brother that ALL the time"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Callum leans in close and whispers: Some kinda… con-spear-ee thee-ist. Ain't slept in days. Says our old witch visits him at night. Drinkin' up all my coffee too, as he don't want to sleep. But he pays old Callum his coppers, he does, and there's none others to scare off with his weird ways. So no harm in it. No harm 'tall. 'Least while business's slow, that is.

By "con-spear-ee thee-ist" you think Callum means "Conspiracy Theorist."

1 to 50 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug — The Mosquito Witch [Gameday VIII PFS2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.