GM Doug — The Mosquito Witch [Gameday VIII PFS2] (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

This is a PF2E game for Gameday VIII, running from September 9, 2019 to November 17, 2019.

Maps & Resources.


151 to 200 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra looks the old woman in the eye, "We will go up to Witchtop Hill and see if we can figure out this puzzle. If we are able, we will get back what was taken from you."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Her caretaker steps in, visibly upset. That's quite enough! He begins shooing you out, closing the parlor doors and separating you from Mordha, who now stares silently into the darkness.

He leans on the closed doors. Please, Zallarra. You and your friends must stop returning here. I suspect you mean to do some good, but at what cost? You come here every day to torment an old woman, with Gaz asking her the same question again and again — as if she'll say something different. All it does is force her to relive terrible memories.

Please… leave now, and do not return. Not tomorrow, not the next, day, or the day after.

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"It's OK sir. Who is "them"? What did "they" look like?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

He sighs. I told you this yesterday, Seebonickk. Mordha does not like the way the Shimmerford celebrates their beloved cryptid. “Them,” therefore, is everyone and anyone who celebrates the Mosquito Witch, walks around with witch dolls, eats witchbread or drinks witchale, and so on. How would you feel if everyone around you celebrated the most terrifying experience of your life?

Hopefully I understood Seebonikk's question. Your PCs get the feeling that Mordha is bitter and ostracized from the village, so she has a "me" versus "them" attitude.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra's right eyebrow raises, "You keep saying we've been here before. In our minds we have not. This is the first time we have been here... A temporal anomaly? Interesting."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

This is the third day you have been here, Veyanna. You were here at the same time yesterday. You mused about anomalies yesterday, too. I’m sorry, but these things are beyond my knowing.

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz's features pale as the old woman recounts her horror. "Oh dear, I am so sorry."

Gaz returns to the main room and listens as their host recounts his memories of his fellow agents. The gnome looks puzzled, and tries to think.

"Zallara, this man's insistence of our being here before is quite troubling. He knows our names, apparently. So either he is telling the truth or some powerful magics are at work here. I wonder..."

Gaz calls on his arcane power to check for the presence of magic.

Gaz casts detect magic.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

As Gaz starts incanting a spell and waving his fingers about, using verbal and somatic components, your host grimaces and steps in front of the parlor doors, brandishing his jade moon amulet. You see now that it's a holy symbol.

I warn you, I'm not so helpless! Tsukiyo protects me! Get out of here — NOW!

Sense Motive checks:

Bramble's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Gaz's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Max's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Seebonickk's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Zallarra's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Everyone can sense that your host is now confused and terrified; he wants to protect Ms. Lyons at all costs, and sees doing so as a religious sacrament. Further, he doesn't know what spell Gaz is casting; he thinks he might be under attack.

Now that you hear the deity's name, those of you trained in religion also recognize the symbol. Tsukiyo is a lawful good deity and a protector of the psychologically distressed and misunderstood. Bramble got this earlier, too, but no one else passed the secret check.

I mentioned this before — casting spells without explicit permission has consequences!

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Great going Gaz, at least we aren't attacked by the town guard.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You get the feeling you were overstaying your welcome here, even before trying to cast the spell. You can make a diplomacy check to ease the tense situation and ask to cast your spell, or move on.

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"Listen we're sorry for troubling you"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

" OK folks. That was an odd situation. Why would there be a temporal anomaly here? Maybe more clues will become evident as we continue. Is there any place in town we have not visited yet?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Seebonickk smoothes over the situation before you leave. Please, just ask before you use magic. I have no way of telling what spell you are casting, and magic can be used for many insidious purposes, like controlling minds. The noise also scares Mordha. She thinks it's the witch, finally coming for her. But you can detect magic, just this once.

Mordha's caretaker allows Gaz to detect magic; the sorcerer detects none.

Town locations of interest. Struck through are places you visited:

Galia's
Hart's Brewery
The Bell Family
Mordha Lyons house
The Tanner
The Whitefish and Stag
Ruza’s House
Braybon’s Smithy
Marmazine’s House
Shrine to Hanspur
Abandoned Farm

Swamp: You saw bloodseekers flying to the northeast, heard the man in white went to the East, and got directions to Witchtop hill in the North.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"No magic? That is strange. One would think this would be a very powerful effect.... Well, shall we head to the next nearest location? Ruza's house? Anyone remember what we were supposed to find there?"

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz's brow furrows as the caretaker reacts to his casting. He seems to be restraining himself, his lip going so far to curl in almost menacing fashion if not so out of place on a dwarf. Seebonik's soothing words seem to diffuse the situation and Gaz reverts to his normal self, giving Max a momentary glare as he does.

"I see no magics here, but something is definitely off. Yes, let's go see what this Ruza has to add to this most peculiar place."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Spoiler:
1d5 ⇒ 1

You make your way to Ruza's house and knock on the wooden door. A very old woman wearing an orange headscarf hurls it open, throws water in Bramble's face, then slams it shut!

Inside you hear muttering in a language none of you know: Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho…

Bramble and Zallarra think the words sound almost like a religious chant.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"Well. That was random and amusing. Anyone understand the language?"

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz frowns "Not a word."

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

Seebonickk knocks at the door. "Hello?"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

A small window next to the door creaks open, and a wrinkled hand splashes a cup of water at Seebonickk, barely missing him! The window is quickly pulled shut.

Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho…

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"I'm beginning to think we aren't welcome! Is it me or does it seem like she's trying to ward off evil. Is that Doll visible again?"
That last bit was punctuated by a sly grin.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

Bramble shakes the water from his hair. "Yuck!" He considers the chant. "Seems to be some sort of religious chant. Can't make out the words though..."

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra smiles at the group, knocks on the door and quickly dives behind cover.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The other window opens and the old woman lobs and a cupful of water at Zallarra — it flies just past her ear and splashes harmlessly in the flowerpot.

The chanting inside becomes more strenuous. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho doneul u nhy'hrd yesume mehd. Yakho…

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra continues to smile but speaks loudly to the occupant of the house.
"While we are enjoying the water, all you are doing is getting one of us wet. Can we talk or shall we have a water fight for a while? We are trying to find a solution for what is ailing the area.."

diplo, just in case: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

The door creaks open... and more water is hurled out!

It seemed like the old woman hesitated for a moment, but not even Zallarra’s persuasive words are able to stay the old woman’s water-flinging fury. The door shuts, the deadbolt locks, and the chanting inside continues.

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz ducks as the water flies. "My word. The wider world sure is a strange one. I should have stayed at the university." He turns to Zallara. "This is pointless. Let's go somewhere else." The gnome is clearly frustrated with this strange woman.

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"Yeah I don't feel like getting water dumped on me again"


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

You move out of splash weapon range and back onto Shimmerford Road. As you discuss the situation, a scream shatters the ever-present buzz of mosquitoes.

A rickety old carriage pulled by a team of six horses tears down the road at deadly speeds, the animals driven wild by a cloud of biting bloodseekers. Four passengers hang off the carriage's side, clinging to it for dear life. The vehicle lurches from side to side and bounces into the air, landing violently. To your horror, the horses turn toward an old foundation that lays exposed and full of construction debris — the makings of a gruesome accident that will surely kill everyone aboard. Luckily, the carriage will move past Ruza's front gate — you have to do something, and fast!

You have time to do one skill check before the carriage moves past your location. You can attempt to save the passengers in a few ways:

1. Athletics or Acrobatics check to leap onto the carriage and pull a passenger to safety.
2. Nature check to calm the horses.
3. Crafting check to create a makeshift barricade by tossing Ruza's potted plants (which are well watered) into the way.

Six and Four Dead on Shimmerford Road! Bold may act!

Bramble
Gaz
Max If your action uses two hands (Athletics, Acrobatics, Crafting), it will be easier to succeed if you drop or stow the doll.
Seebonickk
Zallarra

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Max drops the doll. Crap, I have to drop the doll, now it will move and I will no longer have control over it. I was expecting combat and using a one hand weapon to defend myself, but not this.
athletics: 7 + 1d20 ⇒ 7 + (12) = 19 to leap onto the carriage.


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Max drops the doll into a flowerpot and leaps atop the carriage! He grasps a railing with one hand, and tosses a middle-aged man down to safety with the other!

The man sails over Ruza's garden and lands near her door, where he's promptly splashed with water. He's very confused.

Six and Four Dead on Shimmerford Road! Bold may act!

1/4 passengers saved

Bramble
Gaz

Max Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off
Seebonickk
Zallarra

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"Oh, this is a bad idea..."
Zallarra bravely tries to intercept a passenger.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Zallarra nimbly leaps into the air, but barely manages to hold onto the carriage.

She drops a young boy head-first into Ruza’s prize pepper bushes. His bare feet stick out, wiggling in the air.

Six and Four Dead on Shimmerford Road! Bold may act!

2/4 passengers saved

Bramble
Gaz

Max Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off
Seebonickk

Zallarra Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

Seeing Max and Zallarra hop on, Bramble grimaces and follows in suit. "Oh boy, here we go!" He deftly hops on halfling feet toward the carriage.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Bramble is spun up and into the air when he grabs the carriage's bumper; he uses the inertia to pull himself atop the roof. From there, he pushes the driver into Ruza's blue-ribbon perennials; the man lands with a wet plop.

Six and Four Dead on Shimmerford Road! Bold may act!

3/4 passengers saved — making it look easy!

Bramble Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off
Gaz
Max Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off
Seebonickk
Zallarra Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off Hanging onto carriage and can make an athletics check next round to throw another passenger off

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz's eyes go wide and his jaw hangs open as he sees the coming calamity. Growling, and clearly without thinking, he jumps toward the careening carriage to try and save the remaining passenger.

Gaz's skills for this suck so might as well give it the old university try.

Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

Seebonickk tries to leap on with his short legs and grab the carriage.

"Here goes nothing!"

ACROBATICS: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

if I made it...for next round to throw someone

ATHLETICS: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Gaz and Seebonickk can't quite make it up, and fall to the wayside in a tangle of limbs. The carriage wheels barely miss them as it careens past Ruza's garden, and nearer its final destination! Bramble, Max, and Sallarra on board — along with a terrified apprentice driver!

Six and Four Dead on Shimmerford Road! Bold may act!

3/4 passengers saved; you must make an athletics or acrobatics check to throw the last passenger off.

Bramble
Gaz
Max
Seebonickk
Zallarra

Envoy's Alliance

M Gnome Sorcerer (Draconic) 1

Gaz tumbles and rolls as hsi short frame cannot quite make it to the careening carriage. He stands dusting himself off cursing in a strange language. Standing, the gnome glares after the out of control vessel, his lip curling in a silent rage.

what now?:
The language is draconic for those that would understand or recognize.

Horizon Hunters

Male champion of Cayden Cailean | HP 17/17 | AC 18 (20 w/ shield raised)| Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +7 | Perception +7 | Conditions:

"Whoa, hold on, driver buddy! I'll get you out"

Athletics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Bramble pushes the driver's apprentice out — the boy falls into a puddle, disturbing a cloud of mosquitoes. He coughs and splutters.

A mere second before the cart crashes into the foundation the three of you leap to safety. The ensuing crash reverberates through the air as Max, Bramble, and Zallarra stand. A spinning wheel flies thirty feet into the air and then rolls away down the street. The horses scatter.

The driver peeks out from Ruza's Hydrangeas. Oh, thank ya! Somethin'… spooked th'horses — never seen 'em act like that afore. He stands and makes a warding gesture. Must the them's witch…

BOIAN, JIBBEN, YANKO!

The other three passengers scramble to their feet. Up now! Up and at 'em! Stop lollygaggin' and get them horses! Them's valuable! Hop to it! The three run after the scattered equines (Boian is splashed with water by Ruza again; he gives the house a murderous look before running off).

Call me Pobea. Horses might be dead too, if'n not for ye’s. True heroes, are ye. Not many coulda done what ye did, an' not so easy. Now. How can ol' Pobea ever thank ye?

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

Max will immediately recover the doll if he can and hold it out in his hand. curse you module for making me take my hand off the doll. Don't worry, it is a gift.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

"We are just glad we could help, Pobea. I actually did not know I had that in me! As for assisting us, we're here trying to solve this witch related mystery. Any information on her or any new strange happening you know of would help us immensely."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Max looks around, but cannot find the doll.

Pobea rubs his chin. Can't say we knows much, other than business ain't been good what with the skeeters. We're takin' our carriage service back a' Tymon.

He nods at Zallarra, grateful. People be glad a'help, sure, but ol' Pobea pays his debts, he does! Elsewise, collectors come a'callin' — one way or th'other. Tell ye what. Ye's can have what's leftover in'th carriage, as yer reward, so t'speak. After all, be dead without ye's. We'll ride th'horsies back. With that, he runs off after his valuable horses.

In the wreckage you find:
Some delicate silver jewelry (non-magical), and one minor healing potion.

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Zallarra yells at the retreating figures, "Good luck in your travels!


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Pobea grins and waves goodbye.

Please let me know where to next. You may also have in-character thoughts about this incident (do you remember what the "miner" at the inn said?), or want to look for the doll. This may be a good point to discuss!

Town locations of interest. Struck through are places you visited:

Galia's
Hart's Brewery
The Bell Family
Mordha Lyons house
The Tanner
The Whitefish and Stag
Ruza’s House
Braybon’s Smithy
Marmazine’s House
Shrine to Hanspur
Abandoned Farm

Directional Clues: Witchtop Hill to the North, bloodseekers flying Northeast, the man in white went East.

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Orc Fighter 1: Spd:25, HP:20/20, AC:17, Fort:7, Ref:7, Will:2, Per:5 Darkvision, Stealth:5

survival: 3 + 1d20 ⇒ 3 + (7) = 10 to look for doll tracks, he also searches his bag. Alright everyone I can't find the doll, will all of you please check your bags?

Envoy's Alliance

F Gnome Sorcerer 2 |NG | AC 16 | HP 22 | Fort +5 Reflex +6 Will +7 | Perception +4 Sorcerer 2 (Hag sorcerer)

Went back to find the text from the miner:
The man gazes up at Max. His eyes go wide.
Do I know? A nest? What? Six and Four dead on Shimmerford Road. Six and Four dead on Shimmerford Road! What does that have to do with the mosquitoes? And why is someone stealing shovels?
I don't even know how I know. Maybe I'm supposed to cause it! Is there a nest? Should I go there? He shouts: I don't want to! Do you hear? I don't want to! Callum coughs loudly and gives Quintus a look but otherwise continues wiping out glassware; it seems that these days, this sort of behavior has become the norm at the Whitefish and Stag.
Quintus hides the soggy paper doll behind his back as if he's trying to prevent it from eavesdropping. He whispers: It doesn’t matter... it gets what it wants. IT. ALWAYS. GETS. WHAT. IT. WANTS.

"Wait. The man at the inn. He knew this was going to happen..."

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"That doll. Where is it."


The Fall of the Plaguestone & Casefiles of G'nak | Spell Templates

Zallarra sees the doll sitting on Ruza's doorstep, as if it's watching all of you.

Vigilant Seal

Male Male Gnome Rogue 1 | hp 16 | AC 17 | Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +6 | Perception +6 Rogue 1

"Arrgh there is it, that creepy thing!"

151 to 200 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug — The Mosquito Witch [Gameday VIII PFS2] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.