[PFS2_Aerondor] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map

Chronicles


451 to 500 of 596 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Hopper quickly enters the circle his goblin chanting joining in to help support the ritual. One flaw removed

Flint stands ready, but doesn't know enough about such things to help just yet.

Milady slips over toward Tavar, helping the tired woman stand and support the ritual. another flaw removed

init for Zand: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Best perception isn't going to help here

The rest of the team either don't have a good idea about how to help, or are not quick enough off the mark.

The dark energy contained in the ritual spreads out to those partaking in it, causing pain to them all.
damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 fort DC 18 for half
saves for ritual npcs: 4d20 ⇒ (7, 13, 8, 13) = 41

A shadowy wisp appears in the room and streaks toward Ango.
attack: 1d20 ⇒ 12 Hit vs AC 18
negative energy damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Status, bold may post
Pell
Anjo 2 damage
Flint
Zanderel
Arrus 3 damage
Hopper 10 damage (fort DC 18 for only five damage)
Milady 12 damage, (fort DC 18 for only seven damage)

Ritual - init 17 (2/8 successes) - occult check or trained arcana/theivery to try and counter.
Tavvar - right - 10 damage
Assistant 1 -top 10 damage
Assistant 2 - left 10 damage
Assistant 3 - bottom 10 damage

With the two worst flaws handled, you do not need to be trained in the occult to try and fix the ritual, of course there may be other things you would want to do given the new situation..

Those of you not participating in the ritual may step between the energy and someone in the ritual, this will stop them taking the damage, but you will take it (although you still get the save for half)

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 1 | HP 13/13 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +3 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +7 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 15 | Fort' +4 ; Ref' +5 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Zanderel rushes forward, applying his knowledge of the arcane to the task at hand.

Assuming that it takes only one action, I'd have one action left and would keep helping. If not, disregard the next roll
Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

It is a full round check to do the skill option.

Zanderel uses his impressive arcane knowledge to shove just a little bit of magical power into the ritual ... just there.

Another flaw removed.

Status, bold may post
Pell
Anjo 2 damage
Flint
Arrus 3 damage
Hopper 10 damage (fort DC 18 for only five damage)
Milady 12 damage, (fort DC 18 for only seven damage)

Ritual - init 17 (3+3/8 successes) - occult check or trained arcana/theivery to try and counter.
Tavvar - right - 10 damage
Assistant 1 -top 10 damage
Assistant 2 - left 10 damage
Assistant 3 - bottom 10 damage
Zanderel

Horizon Hunters

CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
Skills:
AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sail/Scouting LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survive +4, Thief+3

Pell figures, if the goblins can do it, then...

Thievery: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Milady manages to clean the glasses for the crazy conjuring lady, and is rewarded by a blast of dark shadow energy--
Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 8 (Crit' fail does nothing special? Other than bruise the ego...)

"OUCH!"

Milady will try to see how she can help Tavvar correct the position of her feet--
Thievery, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 + 4 = 16

Vigilant Seal

43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

So, I thought you were going to give us options once you determined who beat Init, otherwiseI would have still attempted something, unless you have to be Trained?

With his bastard sword in both hands, Anjo takes several swipes after designating it as his target.

1st attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

2nd attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Damage: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Recall Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Some bad rolls there


Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

Arrus knows a little about Thievery and tries his best to help deal with the ritual.

Thievery: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Arrus then studies the Wisp.

Free Recall Knowledge at +5

Assuming he doesn't learn anything that would make this a bad idea...

He then snaps off a shop at the wisp,

crossbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
damage: 1d20 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + (4) + 2 = 18

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

@Arrus Yes, you can step between the ritual and the people taking part in it - taking some of their damage, or you could attack the shadow that has appeared.
@Pell you can do occult untrained, but thievery or arcana must be trained.

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Rules question:
• is Thievery a It is a full round check to do the skill option?
Or an Action?
(I thought it was Full Round, thus did nothing else ; if not, as it seems to be w. Arrus, then can Milady do two others actions?)

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

I'm assuming doing any skill check to help in the ritual is a full round action. Anyone who knows better, feel free to jump in here.
Crit fails on the fort saves are double damage... nasty.

Milady falls to the ground, her face pale and her breathing ... well... it is unclear if there is any breathing.

Anjo takes a couple of swipes at the shadow, but without any effect. Arrus slips in and adjusts some of the ritual components... surely that must be almost right... but no, the shadows linger..

You might all recall earlier you had a discussion about shadow creatures and what they may be vulnerable to.,..

Status, bold may post
Pell
Flint
Hopper 10 damage (fort DC 18 for only five damage)
Milady unconscious, dying 2 (flat roll DC 12 required for recovery roll);

Ritual - init 17 (4+3/8 successes) - occult check or trained arcana/theivery to try and counter.
Tavvar - right - 10 damage
Assistant 1 -top 10 damage
Assistant 2 - left 10 damage
Assistant 3 - bottom 10 damage
Zanderel
Anjo 2 damage
Arrus 3 damage


Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

Single Action

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Milady:
Recovery Flat Check DC 12: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Milady drops to the ground, bleeding...

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 5/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Fortitude, DC18: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Hopper feels the dark energy to have an effect on him. As he sees Milady dropping on the floor he stops chanting and limps towards Goblin lying on the floor.

With trembling hands, he begins to pull out mixtures from his bandolier muttering

"It should be here somewhere... It has to be here..."

Finally, he finds a bottle, uncorks it and pours its content into her mouth.

Milady begins to cough. After a few seconds, she gets seizures which end in her body stiffening and her muscles flexing. When she wakes Hopper throws:

"You were unconscious, I gave you a potion that would last as long as it takes you to eat a pig. Heal!"

With that Hopper turns to look what is happening with the ritual...

1 action: move
2nd action: pull out Juggernaut Mutagen for the bandolier
3rd action: apply it to Milady.

Milady will get +5 temporary HP and +1 to Fortitude saves On top of -2 to Perception, Initiative and Will saves. This last 1 minute

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Thanks!

Arrus also has time to snap off a shot from his crossbow, winging the shadow.

Hopper uncorks a bottle and quickly feeds it to Milady.

Status, bold may post
Pell
Flint

Ritual - init 17 (4+3/8 successes) - occult check or trained arcana/theivery to try and counter.
Shadow #1: 6 damage
Tavvar - right - 10 damage
Assistant 1 -top 10 damage
Assistant 2 - left 10 damage
Assistant 3 - bottom 10 damage
Zanderel
Anjo 2 damage
Arrus 3 damage
Milady 0hp; 5 temporary hp; wounded 1;
Hopper 10 damage

Other actions you can take include attacking the shaodow, or as a reaction stepping between the ritual and one of the people taking part when the negative energy from the ritual strikes out at them.

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

So, Milady moves to dying 1 via her recovery check, but then goes to awake again (0 hp wounded 1) via the temp' HP, that it?

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sign up sheet Dragon.

Yes, that is my reading of it, though exactly how temporary hp and dying interact is unclear. It is kind of dangerous, because when they vanish, you go back to dying with a bonus based on your wounded level.
Either way Milady is conscious and prone.

Horizon Hunters

CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
Skills:
AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sail/Scouting LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survive +4, Thief+3
Pell the Peerless wrote:
Pell figures, if the goblins can do it, then...

...he should just leave it up to the goblin.

Pell draws his blade, moves to what he hopes is a more advantageous position, and swings at the shadow.
Melee Strike (Bastard sword): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage (S), 2-handed: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Crit Damage (S), 2-handed: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

As Milady opens up her eyes, and sees the world upside down and from below, she watches some giant figure, that looks like Pell, doing wondrous actions in battle!

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Ouch. That sword. Now, nobody thought to cast a light spell on it, even though the group had discussed it. In hindsight however, one might almost regard that as a prescient saving of resources.

Pell executes pretty much the perfect blow. The lucky drunk smiles on him, and fumes of air fill the air. Or maybe that is just the scent of a shadow that is no more.

The candles flicker and the ritual stabilises.

Combat over!

Tavvar slumps to the ground exhausted, as her assistants flee the room, looks of horror on their face at the close call they just had.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 5/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Hopper looks with a surprise on the blow that Pell made. He sighs as now there is more time to keep Milady alive.

He removes his backpack and reaches out for the healing serum that he got from the training. He gives it to Milady hopeing that it will make her feel better.

Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 8

"You might feel a bit slower until the mutagen will have an effect on you."

To explain I used the mutagen as I had it in my bandolier, healing serum was in the backpack and I couldn't make the actions to work in one round. On top of that, I was afraid that another blast of energy will strike killing Milady if she would stay where she was.

Horizon Hunters

CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
Skills:
AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sail/Scouting LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survive +4, Thief+3

As the shadow dissipates at the stroke of his sword, Pell turns with a grin to introduce himself to those who partook in the ritual. "Greetings, your rescue has been brought to you this day by Pell the Peerless. Perhaps, you may have gathered why they call me that already."

As he sheathes his blade, his face turns all the more smug. "And, oh yes, we are Pathfinders.". He looks around the room and adds, "Nice place, you seem to have here."

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Gurgling Hopper's healing potion, Milady gets to her feet, feeling woozy but healed.

"This is a might dangerous town!"

She bows to Hopper: "Thank you for saving my life!"

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
Skills:
AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sail/Scouting LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survive +4, Thief+3

"But, it was...I mean I was...my sword, it...the shadowy-killer thing..." Pell's words stumble a few times before he gives up trying to explain what he thought was obvious.

Radiant Oath

Male, LG, Dwarf (Rock) | HP 22/22 AC: 21, Shield: +2 Hardness: 5, BT: 10, HP: 20/20 | F: +7 R: +3, W: +7 | Perc: +5 (T, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Defense

    "I'm covered in shame for not being able to do more. Truly." Sorry, the weekend got away from me.

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    "Well, you have my thanks. That was obviously a lot more dangerous than I was expecting..." says the exhausted woman.

    "I hate to think what might have happened if you hadn't come along. Speaking of which... what are you doing here?"

    Status,
    Pell
    Flint
    Zanderel
    Anjo 2 damage
    Arrus 3 damage
    Milady 10 damage; ; wounded 1;
    Hopper 10 damage

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady looks around: "Oh, great invoker, we had come to get those Healing Potions you wanted us to have..."

    Horizon Hunters

    CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 5/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

    Hopper slumps on the ground breathing heavily and throws to Milady

    "Your welcome."

    After a few seconds he looks at the woman and says:

    "We were asked to have a look as apparently you found some exoteric lore. We were suggested that you might try some dangerous rituals, I am glad that it was not true..."

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    "Oh... I won't be trying that one again in a hurry." sighs the researcher.

    "All this pressure to come up with new breakthroughs, its just not worth it."

    Radiant Oath

    Male, LG, Dwarf (Rock) | HP 22/22 AC: 21, Shield: +2 Hardness: 5, BT: 10, HP: 20/20 | F: +7 R: +3, W: +7 | Perc: +5 (T, Darkvision)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Defense

    "Publish or perish takes on a new meaning in this place." Flint chuckles quietly to himself at the joke.

    "Well now what? You've learned your lesson, yes? Should we be taking notes and returning?"

    Vigilant Seal

    43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

    Anjo raises an eyebrow and Flint's quip. Then he turns to the others, "Would anyone here be able to treat our wounds?"


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Arrus pulls out his medicine kit and works on milady and then hopper, oblivious to any inconvenience he might be burgeoning Tavaar with.

    medicine Milady: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    healing: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 7) = 8
    medicine Hopper: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

    That should also fix up Milady's wounded condition

    Vigilant Seal

    43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

    Anjo stops before his fellow ranger, "Would you mind treating my wounds as well?"


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    medicine Anjo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
    healing: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 7) = 8

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    Arrus patches up Milady, but Hoppers wounds are more severe.

    "I'm sorry, but I don't know any magic to heal wounds" sighs the researcher.

    You gather up what you need for the VC, assured that Tavvar won't be trying this again in a hurry, and contemplate your last task.

    Making your way to the docks, you find a pathfinder contact (captain Semiri Balogog) who is willing to sail you out to the wreck. She is a cheerful half orc with sun dark skin and thick braids of black hair, entwined with golden rings.

    Again, on the way you can ask around about the ship, if so let me know how you want to do that, and provide your diplomacy bonus. I think that might be something I add to future scenarios like I used to do init in PFS 1

    Status,
    Pell
    Flint
    Zanderel
    Anjo 2 damage
    Arrus 3 damage
    Milady
    Hopper 10 damage

    Horizon Hunters

    CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
    Skills:
    AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sail/Scouting LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survive +4, Thief+3

    Pell reluctantly leaves the wonders of the museum behind and begins asking around about the wreck the party is tasked to visit.
    +5 Diplomacy, trained


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Hireling Diplomacy +3

    Arrus checks over his crossbow and other kits before heading out to the shipwreck.

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    Pell finds word of his swordsmanship preceeds him through the evening streets of Absalom. All types of rumours come to him, along with flocks of admiring young ladies.. and admiring young men. And admiring young dwarves. Lot of admirers. All with rumours.

    The most common one is that there is a horrid monster aboard the ship he is wanting to explore. Stories differ. In one it is a dragon, in another a fiend, and in a third a deformed elemental spirit. All agree that its very breath would cook the largest dinner in an instant. Also in common is the creatures manoeuvrability - wings of fire allow it to leap upon prey in an instant.

    Map updated, you are currently alongside.

    Vigilant Seal

    43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

    Back at the museum, Anjo thanks Arrus.

    At the dock, "Fire breathing, you've heard? I find it hard to believe a fire elemental is on board a wooden ship."

    Anjo examines the outside of the ship for burn marks and sniffs the air any hint of smoke or fire.

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

    Grand Archive

    Male Seer Elf Wizard 1 | HP 13/13 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +3 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +7 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 15 | Fort' +4 ; Ref' +5 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

    "Perhaps it's sourced by magic? I'll check for magic occasionally as we search, as I've an incantation that helps me to sense sources of arcane might."
    Will Detect Magic as part of Exploration

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady thanks Arrus, feeling a lot better after he worked on her and tended to her wounds.
    "A nice healing touch, my friend!"

    After the time spent by Arrus tending to the others, Milady looks at her companions, and sees some are still wounded.
    "It seems to me we are not in a hurry, and I think it is important we be in good health as things jump up and attack us all over!
    Wait a bit and I shall try see to your wounds..."

    If the others agree to settle down for an hour, and wait till they can receive treatment again, Milady will start healing those that still need it, in the order Arrus did, so as not to lose time.

    First on herself--
    (I had 2 HP missing, was @-10, so +8 = -2)
    Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20
    HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12
    --healing up the final damage.

    Then going to Hopper--
    Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20
    HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
    --and patching her Goblin friend up.

    After which she passes over to Anjo--
    Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 23
    HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
    --whom she manages to make hale also.

    Finaly turning to Arrus and trying to heal him--
    Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 10
    --and telling him to "stop moving around! Let me help you like you helped us!"
    (using my Hero Point for a re-roll)
    Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 20
    HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

    If people accept to spend the extra hour and a bit, things worked out quite well!

    "There! Good Goblin spit and snail mucus! That'll patch ya' up every time!"

    On the way to the ship, Milady thanks "Ms. Balagog, you are very kind! So, what kind of fire breathing thing will we be up against now?!"
    Diplomacy, trained +7

    Radiant Oath

    Male, LG, Dwarf (Rock) | HP 22/22 AC: 21, Shield: +2 Hardness: 5, BT: 10, HP: 20/20 | F: +7 R: +3, W: +7 | Perc: +5 (T, Darkvision)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Defense

    "Not a fan of the boats. Let me just say that. Get me up there and let me do the mission. But GET ME OFF THIS."

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    Milday patches the group up well as the stream of rumours come to you. But now it is dark. The waves are lapping, and the shadowy form of the wreck stands next to you.

    Anjo spies no sign on burn marks on the outside of the ship.

    With little option... you climb aboard.

    The weathered boards of the ship’s main deck are cracked, warped, and thoroughly covered in a thick, stinking carpet of algae, seaweed, and barnacles. The sodden mess squashes and scrapes underfoot, while squawking gulls circle overhead.

    The ship once boasted three masts, but they are now broken off only a few feet above the jagged railings. Whatever other distinguishing features might have once existed on this vessel are either long lost or utterly obscured. Empty doorways lead into cabins to the fore and aft, and a dark opening descends into the lower level.

    Deck is difficult terrain because of the slime.. You could try to balance on the railings (acrobatics DC15) to avoid the slippery slime.

    Also, as it has been a month, your mission for this section was to determine if the ship was really part of the Silent Tide invasion.

    Status,
    Pell
    Flint
    Zanderel
    Anjo
    Arrus
    Milady
    Hopper


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Arrus draws his crossbow and keeps his eyes out for danger.


    "Better slimy than wet. Let's go." Flint moves slowly on the deck, looking to go below.

    Vigilant Seal

    43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

    Bow drawn, Anjo, begins tracking for footprints. "I suggest we check the captain's quarters for a manifest or charter."

    Arrus, are you in Scout mode then?

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 18/18 | 0 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady moves slowly and stealthily along, trying not to slip on the slime.


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Searching for danger.

    Horizon Hunters

    CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 5/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

    Hopper follows the team, rather trying to be quiet. He makes a mental note to thanks Milady for the first aid as he almost doesn't feel the pain...

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    The team hops over to the ship without incident. You check the cabin at the front first... There are a few heaps of soggy wood - presumably once crates. A quick search reveals... nothing.,

    boring stuf:
    stuff to make you think there is something important here: 7d20 ⇒ (4, 19, 4, 14, 2, 19, 3) = 65

    Heading to the aft cabin, the situation is similar, although here there are area few fragments of metal in amongst the wood. Maybe it was once decorated more comfortably?

    Milday, Zanderel & Anjo:
    Although near the top of the stairs down you do see some scorch marks... either someone lit a fire here, or the rumours have a shred of truth to them...

    Vigilant Seal

    43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/Undgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 tThievery +6 Human Ranger 1

    In the cabin, "Can anyone detect for magic?"

    "Surprisingly, there seems to be evidence of fire on this ship. Do we have any proof against it?"

    GM, if Anjo dunks himself in the water, can he earn himself any kind of bonus/DR against fire attacks on account of wet clothes?

    Anjo looks about for a mop bucket. "Let's have some buckets of water to either throw on this creature, or help put out any fires that it may start on us or the ship."

    Anjo will look for any containers he can fill with water and fill them.

    451 to 500 of 596 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Aerondor] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.