[PFS2_Aerondor] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation

Game Master Aerondor

Map


1 to 50 of 439 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. The PCs are among these recruits invited to attend a welcoming party where they can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!

This adventure's individual missions include numerous variations that make each play-through exciting and different.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Among the recruits of the Vigilant Seal invited to attend the welcoming party for the new Pathfinders is a 3 foot tall (1 meter) lady goblin, with very large ears and big bright-red eyes.
When she smiles excitedly, sure looking forward to building connections and embarking on grand adventures, she shows jagged teeth, a couple of which resemble short tusks.
Like most of her kind, she is bald, with no body hair. But her purple-blue skin is unblemished by scars, and is well cared for.
Her head does not seem oversized, mainly because her body is sturdier and plumper than most other goblins.
She is elegantly dressed, in a rather well-tailored dark-grey silk kilt and blouse.
A short curved blade, with holes cut into it, - a dogslicer - is sheathed on her belt, beside a large belt pouch.
She wears a long yellow raw-silk jacket, with buttons made of amber, and you catch a faint whiff of perfume.
Her fine clothes would suit any noble woman.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Somewhere on the side next to a big group of Horizon Hunters stands an average size goblin. His 3-foot tall posture is covered with leather armor which is covered with stains and burns. Unlike most goblins, he has hair, at least some as half of his head is covered with hair. The other half of his skull is covered with tattoos. It could be that he made them himself or a blind madman under the effect of some psychotropic substances.

On his belt, one can see a bandolier full of bottles, on the same belt you can see a dagger which is an only visible weapon that Hopper carries. On his soldier sleeps an average size lizard: around 1 foot long.

Goblin is holding a drink and looks around, suddenly he feels an urge to scratch his leg which he immediately does. The bloody poison bites still annoy him in the most unusual occasions.


The lizard opens her eyes and says quietly:

"Why are we here Hopper? Don't we have something better to do? We could do a better job at the market preparing juices."

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

"I was doing good work when you mistaken potions for that customer, and instead of life potion he got bestial mutagen!"

Raises his voice and suddenly Hopper notices that people in his surrounding are looking at him. That is only one of the reason why people call him mad, some can't understand that you can have intelligent conversations with a lizard.

Grand Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Seer Elf Wizard 1 | HP 13/13 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +3 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +7 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 15 | Fort' +4 ; Ref' +5 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

The sound of angry yelling. Swords striking shields. An ogre with magic looming before him. His friend Cate shouting as a thin green ray leaps from the ogre, striking him. Then nothingness.

A tall elven man is broken from his reverie by the beak of a raven. His features suggest that he hails from the Mordent Spire, though he does not wear the typical mask of his people, suggesting that he has been away for a while and has gone 'native'. The bird is perched on his shoulder, gripping his robes carefully.

"Yes Shuru, it happened again," he says to his familiar. "My final moment, though it was not so final. It haunts me still."

When he notices The Mad Hopper, Zanderel gives them a brief acknowledging nod. I vaguely remember some goblin tribes. Thistletop? We had destroyed that place. It seems these are... strange times.

For the curious:
Zanderel is a recreated character from the RotRL campaign I played in. He was disintegrated and never raised. The backstory going forward is that someone found his dust, did a true res thinking they had the remains of an ancient Azlanti, and instead brought back an elven wizard with a very patchy memory.


"Hopper, wakes up. That tall Elf noded to you. Show some manners and speak up." Lizzy whispers to Hopper ear. She knew it all the time that he is not very observant

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

"Huh? Which elf? There are millions of them here? " Hopper jumps a bit and spots Zanderel. He quickly thinks what was the proper welcome for elves.

Hopper walks slowly sipping his drink.

"Sup? How do you enjoy this party? Plenty of grand old pathfinders as well as new blood: I can see Milady over there. Well dressed female. Knowing her, her brother is also here somewhere."

He looks again at the elf continuing:

"You look thoughtful and troubled, I might have something for you this is a juice that I've been working on, I found the most unusual fungus in the crypt near Osirion it has the most unusual effects. It opens your mind to knowledge and new ways of thinking. But it will make you less inclined to violence and carrying heavy weights? You can add it to your drink for better taste, what say you?"

If you want to know what Hopper is offering:
Cognitive Mutagen

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Milady comes over, smiling, and bows before Hopper: "Good day!"

She also bows to Zanderel: "Milady Absalom at your service."

Grand Archive

Male Seer Elf Wizard 1 | HP 13/13 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +3 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +7 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 15 | Fort' +4 ; Ref' +5 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

The elf eyes the 'juice'. "Can you tell me of its ingredients? I have studied herbs extensively. It is one of my interests."

Horizon Hunters

CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
Skills:
AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sailing LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survival +4, Thievery +3

"Did I hear someone mention 'drinks'?" inquires a newcomer, just arriving to the party at a time that he hopes will be considered fashionably late. The man flashes a smile at the elf, then looks down to see the being who is offering the drink. Realizing that it is a goblin, the man stops in his tracks for a moment.

Then, regaining his composure, he widens his smile and says to the elf. "Please, by all means, continue imbibing. I certainly didn't mean to interrupt."

Turning his back to the elf and the male goblin, the man gives a curt nod to the other, more elegant goblin present.

"Greetings!" he says, before noting, "My, aren't you a most... uncommon... beauty? My name is Pell Poulsvig, though I suppose I am more commonly known as 'Pell the Peerless', for my prowess both on the field of battle as well as off is, much like the air of your appearance,
without equal."

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Hearing herself being named of uncommon beauty, Milady's cheeks redden, and she shuffles her feet.
"Uh... yes... oh... Well met, Mister Pell the Peerless."

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

"Good day to you Milady, is Milord somewhere nearby or is he causing mischief at some other location? "

Hopper smiles when elf asks for the ingredients and starts spitting out words:

"Well, when it comes to herbs I used just a few and mostly for taste: Poor Man's Treacle, Dew of the Sea, Capon's tail a few leaves of Blood of Kronos and a tad of Wolf's Hat..."

When Zanderel hears the name he recognizes some as folk names for some ordinary herbs. It could be that Goblin does not care for proper names or simply buy ingredients from farmers to whom Wolfsbane or Cedar means nothing.

"... All those herbs are there for taste as well as to weaken a bit the fungus that I told you about. I observed that some animals after eating it were more relaxed. I was hoping to make a drug out of it and sell it to reach peoples kids, but it turned out that it stimulates the way how you think."

When the Pell interrupts Hopper nods to him.


"Why is he pearless? Can we buy him some pears?" Asks Lizzy staring at the tall human.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

"He is peerless and not pearless. It means unequalled or unrivalled. "

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Hearing all the nice names of plants that go in stews, Milady's stomach growls.

"Milord was supposed to be visiting some place in Osirion, but I believe he missed his boat... so will probably not catch up with the group.
I hope they still give him pay and some credit."

Thinking of all those herbs, she rubs her stomach: "You are a cook too, now?"

Horizon Hunters

CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
Skills:
AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sailing LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survival +4, Thievery +3

"Just 'Pell the Peerless', no 'Mister'." Pell quietly corrects the goblin. "And I am somewhat picky about the fruit I eat and, thus, prefer to pick it out myself. But, thank you for the offer.." he says to speaking reptile.

"Now, if you will excuse me for a moment, I think I'm going to go look for that drink that I have been looking forward to." Pell says in an attempt to dismiss himself politely, yet quickly. He casts his glance around the room for someone else with whom he can speak.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

Hopper looks after the Pell saying to Lizzy:
"You scared him off! You need to work on your manners Lizzy. Where were we? Oh yes, cook, of course. As I am tasting a number of potions they could at least be tasty. After living as long as I am: whole 10 years one appreciates the sophisticated flavours."

Says Hopper with a straight face.


Lizzy waits motionless on Hopper's shoulder eager to learn what will happen ...

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Milady wonders if Lizzy is dead... Would he mind if I snack on the lizard? she thinks.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Everyone can read handout number one in the slide deck.

It seems as though the entire Grand Lodge has the air of a celebration. The great gates are flung wide, and the phoenix trees lining the entryway are in full flame. The halls of the main tower of Skyreach, normally somber and reserved, echo with the sound of voices and music. The great ballroom is decked for a celebration, with colorful banners and bunting along the walls, tables replete with food and drink, and a jovial cacophony of conversation rising from Pathfinders of all ancestries, nations, and backgrounds.

After a quick scan of the room, it’s obvious that many of the attendees have gathered in small groups here and there. A half-orc woman in an iconic ship captain’s hat stands near the punch bowl, handing cups to anyone who passes within reach, and a dark-skinned half-elf leads a small group of new agents around the room, introducing them to other attendees. Several senior agents stand in quiet conferral with a dark-haired Taldan man with a distinctive chin strap beard, while a scholarly dwarf tells a rousing tale to a
growing audience.

A familiar blond halfling woman bounces over, bubbling with excitement. Janira Gavix, Head Initiate of the Pathfinder Society, grins, “Oh, I’m so glad you made it! After all, the celebration is for you. Have you gotten drinks? Snacks? Be sure to spend some time getting to know everyone—it’s best to be on good terms with the movers and shakers in the Society, that’s how you learn about the latest opportunities."

She continues. "I’ll be here if you need me to help you with anyone’s names or to make an introduction. Just let me know how I can help!” Janira gestures everyone forward into the room, beaming all the while.

If you are skilled in Pathfinder Lore or Society, feel free to let me know your modifier in your next post, and maybe I'll tell you some more stuff about ....people.

Vigilant Seal

Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

Milady happily takes in the festive look of the Grand Lodge.
She first moves over to admire the cool lady in the captain’s outfit, and to nab a couple drinks of punch, and loosen up:  »Thank you! »
Then, before seeing where to go next, Milady sees Janira:  »Thank you for the invitation! »
She shows her drink in each hand, when asked about her getting refreshments.
Then Milady looks around, to see who to go check out.
She wonders if she knows anyone— or if she spots any shady characters.
+3 for Society, and Underworld Lore

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Milady knows that the cool lady in the hat is Calisro Benarry, the leader of the Horizon Hunters. She is loud and seems to be enjoying the party, much of which swirls around her location - strategically near the refreshments table. She notices Milady and taking out a hip flask offers to "Spice up" your drink for you....
Perhaps an in to a conversation if you can grab her attention... Although there is an elf heading in your direction looking as if he also might want to have a word with the captain.

Milady:
The elf is Kreighton Shane, the society's master of scrolls. Absent minded at times and eccentric at others. If he gets started talking to Calisro, you'll have a hard time getting the conversation back. [ooc]Someone with skill in Occultism, society, fortune-telling lore, games lore or a non standard lore could probably occupy his attention while the rest of your talked with the captain.

Horizon Hunters

CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

I have +7 to Society and a Dubious Knowledge Feat, so when I fail to recall knowledge roll you can fead me one true and one false information. Given the idea of this feat, feel free to feed me with false info. Hopper as a hermit is a fountain full of information, some of them are true and useful and some are folktales.

Seeing the captain near the drink section goblin walks timidly to her saying:

"My name is Hopper, I just joined the Horizon Hunters, do I presume well that you are Calisro Benarry? The greatest of captains sailing on the Arcadian Ocean? Where the Grinning Pixie causes awe and fear. I heard you could drink a keg of ale without getting drunk! It is a pleasure!"

Lantern Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sign up sheet Dragon.

Calisro offers a bow and a doffing of her cap to the gregarious Hopper. "I am indeed. I think I recall hearing about you from one of the senior pathfinders." She tips a generous portion of her hip flask into the goblins drink. It bubbles suspiciously for a moment before quietening down. "The secret to not getting drunk is all in the wrist" she offers with a wink.

The elf tries to edge his way into the conversation.

Hopper:
Also near by you see a regal looking Taldane woman. Gloriana Morilla. Her clothing is a little reserved for a Taldane, but her gorgeous black hair more than makes up for that. You know she used to lead the Sovereign Court until recently, and that she is interested in the arts and geography. She is in conversation with Eando Kline of the Vigilant Seal at the moment.

If you want to try and pry her away from that conversation you would be best at trying a performace or society check. Or a lore skill related to a specific city - Oppara being a particular favourite of hers.

Though for the moment, it would be best to stick to trying to get a conversation with Calisro

Radiant Oath

Male, LG, Dwarf (Rock) | HP 22/22 AC: 21, Shield: +2 Hardness: 5, BT: 10, HP: 20/20 | F: +7 R: +3, W: +7 | Perc: +5 (T, Darkvision)
Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Defense

    Flint is trained in neither of those skills. "Captain Benarry? It's a pleasure. We've never met, but both of my brothers have done some work in the Gloomspires with you. It's a pleasure."

    Flint's comportment is stoic, but approachable. He keeps his eyes peeled. Social engagements aren't really his thing.

    Horizon Hunters

    CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
    Skills:
    AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sailing LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survival +4, Thievery +3

    The fighter steps forward and gives a bow to the half-orc before turning upright with a smile, "The famed Captain Calisro Bennary, no doubt. Allow me the privilege of introducing myself. I am Pell Poulsvig, though many have come to call me Pell the Peerless."

    The man extends a hand, though it is not clear if he is reaching for a hand to kiss or a goblet from which to drink. "Always charmed to meet a fine woman of such notoriety and obvious acumen, especially if she is bearing refreshment for my lips."

    + 3 Society

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady glances at the Pathfinders moving in to talk with the pirate-hatted lady, and then looks at an elf moving towards her with intent.

    She rapidly addresses her young comrades, who, like her, seem new to the Society: "The elf, there, is Kreighton Shane, he's Master of Scrolls, and he is really absent minded and eccentric and he might start talking to Calisro and leave us any opportunity to exchange with her.
    So, if one of us can just talk with him, keeping him busy, and giving us time to talk with the captain..."

    Someone with skill in Occultism, society, fortune-telling lore, games lore or a non standard lore can try to occupy him.
    Milady has +3 in Society if you want me to try, but I imagine others are better at this than I.

    Milady for the GM:
    If no one tries, then:
    Milady tries to stop the elf: "SHANE?! The great Kreighton Shane?! This cannot be! This cannot the man, the elf, who single handedly talked down a green dragon..."
    Society: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


    Lizzard shifts a bit and speaks to the Goblin:
    "Hey Hopper who is that Taldane woman with gorgeous hair?"

    Horizon Hunters

    CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

    "She is Gloriana Morilla and is talking to Eando Kline of the Vigilant Seal. She was leading the Sovereign Court, from what I recall she was really into arts and geography, Oppara being her favorite city."

    Gloriana Morilla - performance, society or Lore related to Oppara.

    As he responds to Lizzy, Hopper tries to put some English to his cup to try the tip that was shared with him by Calisro. Unfortunately he spills a bit of the drink on his trouser and even few drops on Lizzy.

    Then Hopper turns towards Milady responding:

    "If needed I can be a good conversation partner with Kreighton Shane. I was a Hermit before joining Pathfinder Society so I can be eccentric enough, yes I know it is hard to believe."

    Says Goblin rubbing on his hair.

    I will let GM write a post before making any rolls or RP'ing approaching Master Shane.

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady the bald glances at Hopper's mop of hair... before looking over towards Eando Kline.
    "He is my Faction Leader...", she says, filled with admiration.
    She looks to see if he is very busy in conversation, or if he might be approachable.

    Vigilant Seal

    43870-2001 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 1 | ePerc +7 | tAC 18 | | HP 19/19| eF +6 eR +9 tW +5 | tAcro +6 tAthletics +4 tCraft +3 tDip +3 tScout L/tUndgrn L +3 tNature +5 tStealth +6 tSurvival + 5 Human Ranger 1

    Anjo seems overwhelmed, if not uncomfortable by the gathering. Perhaps its all the walls, perhaps its all the people. In an event, the ranger has little to add. Milady's invitation to talk with a haughty looking elf evokes a shudder.

    I'd rather fight a black dragon.

    Anjo hoped the Society was not just a social club.


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Lore Pathfinder Society +3 from a Hireling

    Arrus gives out a brief smile to his companions as he consults with his assistant Drogo. "Tell me Drogo, you've been spending a lot of time in the Grand Lodge recently, who do you recognize?"

    Grand Archive

    Male Seer Elf Wizard 1 | HP 13/13 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +3 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +7 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 15 | Fort' +4 ; Ref' +5 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

    Society is +7 here

    "I do need a glass of wine, Janira," the elven wizard manages to say before being swept up by his fellow agents towards Calisro. He sees someone with a tray an his eyes pine for a drink before he settles on the social situation at hand.

    He bows slightly to Calisro, his status as nobility requiring no more. "I am Zandarel Elerin, formerly of the Mordent Spire elves, then of the wilds of Varisia, and now I can Absalom home. Would that I had a drink, though I suspect elven wine to be a poor mixing choice for your 'spices', Captain."

    At the suggestion from Milady, Zanderel nods. "Consider me the lamb. May my slaughter be merciful." He then heads towards Kreighton Shaine, aware that the Master of Scrolls and he have shared interests.

    "Master Shaine!" the group hears him call out. "I wondered if I could have a moment. I came across a document mentioned a traditional Varisian custom that I had not heard of or seen..."
    Society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    Calisro nods to Flint and Peel. "I think I recall them. Good men your brothers. Happy to sink a round while making sure the ship didn't."

    "Ahh the Gloomspires!" smiles the elf. "Full of cannibals are they not?"

    Arrus feels a tug on his arms as his hireling whispers in his ear.

    Arrus:
    "He is an elf sir, long lived folk. Maybe if you talked to him about history..."

    Pell:
    You know nothing more about the elf.

    As Shane starts to draw the conversation about, Milady makes an opening gambit to try to distract him. He seems on the edge of being distracted...

    Zanderel then pounces. Kreighton nods enthusiastically at the question. "Well, of course. While I'm not the most expert in Varisian customs, I do know quite a bit. We have a scholar on staff.. one Khellek who may be of assistance to you if I can't help.."

    Calisro almost chocks on her fortified ale. "Well, that was a masterly example if ever I saw one. I think I could use a team like you. If you have time after the party that is." She offers a toothy smile.

    "A wrecked ship has recently cycled to the surface in the Flotsam Graveyard, with signs that it might date back to the original Silent Tide invasion.."

    She gives you all a pointed look. "a newly uncovered vessel from that era would be a great discovery for a group of new Pathfinder agents."
    She sighs. "Of course you will have to be braver than the fools that went there first. They fled after landing on it, and I've not had the time to sober them up to find out what it was that scared them so much. "

    She offers you a wink "Returning In Style would certainly do your careers no harm, and any additional knowledge we could get from a ship of that time would be invaluable."

    The swirl of the party starts to pull you away, but she slips a flask into your hands before you go. "A bit of a pick-you up for when you really need to get back on your feet."

    It is a flask with red fluid - and doesn't look or smell alcoholic.

    Who to next?

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady tries to remember anything she might have heard about the Flotsam Graveyard and the original Silent Tide invasion...

    She smiles at Calisro, nodding towards the flask: "Thank you!"

    Milady tries to see if Eando Kline can be approached.

    Radiant Oath

    Male, LG, Dwarf (Rock) | HP 22/22 AC: 21, Shield: +2 Hardness: 5, BT: 10, HP: 20/20 | F: +7 R: +3, W: +7 | Perc: +5 (T, Darkvision)
    Class Abilities:
  • Focus Pool: 1/1
  • Default Exploration: Defense

    Flint eagerly joins the conversation with Kline. He's heard of the man, but only by reputation.

    Horizon Hunters

    CN Human Fighter 1 25 ft. speed | Active Conditions: ---| HP 18/18 | AC 18 (20 w/Raise a Shield) | F +5 R +9 W +5 | Perc +5 | Stealth +3 |
    Skills:
    AcrobaticsT +6, Arcana +0, AthleticsT +6, Craft +0, Deception +2, DiplomacyT +5, Intimidate +2, Lore +0, MedicineT +4, Nature +1, Occult +0, Perform +2, Religion +1, Sailing LoreT +4, SocietyT +3, Survival +4, Thievery +3

    "'Original' invasion?" Pell mutters softly to himself. "Just how often has this 'Silent Tide' beset this City?" Turning from the half-orc, Pell spies the Taldane noble lady and decides that he would most likely prefer whatever discussion she were engaged in. Politely excusing himself, the fighter makes his way over to where Gloriana Morilla is talking to Eando Kline.

    When a moment arise, he extends his hand towards the noble woman and introduces himself, "As a new agent within the Society, I was told that I should expect among my travels to encounter unparalleled treasures and objects of great beauty. I did not, however, expect to find such so soon or here within the environs of the Grand Lodge." he remarks with a bow.

    Horizon Hunters

    CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

    Goblin tries to recall stories or legend on the subject of Flotsam Graveyard and the original Silent Tide invasion...

    When he sees a bottle of fluid he says

    "Let me, let me"

    Hopper knows very well that this should be a healing potion but you may never be sure about such things nowadays. It could easily be bestial mutagen.

    trying to identify portion, Hopper has +7 to crafting. Given the options Hopper would focus on alchemy and not conversation

    Vigilant Seal

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Upon hearing Pell's words about objects of great beauty, Milady blushes, and spins around to whack him on the shoulder: "Oh, you!"

    Grand Archive

    Male Seer Elf Wizard 1 | HP 13/13 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +3 (Low-Light Vision) ; Arcana +7 ; Speed 30 ft. | AC 15 | Fort' +4 ; Ref' +5 ; Will +5 | Active conditions:

    Zanderel finally extricates himself from the conversation with the Master of Scrolls, returning to the group as they reach Eando Kline.


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Arrus nods in thanks to his halfling companion glad to have skipped the history chat.

    To Mr. Kline.

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    Hopper:
    You're not too sure what the potion is.

    The team converges on Eando Kline like a shark scenting blood in the water. He waves a friendly smile, while the woman he is speaking with tries to keep his attention.

    "Enjoying the party?" he asks, although his tone of voice makes you wonder if he thinks you might be better spending your time on more worthwhile pursuits. The woman offers another smile as she tries to discuss a matter of politics around the governance of areas that were once part of the World Wound. It is hard to get a word in edgewise, but you do hear him explain that he has other concerns closer to home just at the moment.
    If only someone could distract the woman...

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    "THE WORLD WOUND?! What do I hear?"
    Milady rushes up and grabs the woman's arm.
    "I am sorry to interrupt, but I have just returned from the World Wound!", Milady says, with a big ingenuous smile... well, she hopes it is perceived as so.

    Deception, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 + 4 = 21

    Being a charming liar, Milady keeps on talking and tries to pull the lady to the side.

    "You should have seen my boots and clothes. There is a sort of new dust or ash there, or at least it is new to me. What kind of dirt do you know about that sullies the area of the World Wound...?"

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    "Oh... " says a surprised Gloriana, who allows herself to be taken to a nearby table of savoury snacks as she interrogates Milady on recent developments there.

    Eando suppresses a smile. "Well, as my companion has vanished.." he starts, talking to you unhindered now. "The Vigilant Seal is always on the look out for ... worrying practises. And it just so happens that we have recently heard of one. Unfortunately I am tied up here at the moment, but perhaps you would be willing to look into something for me?" He asks hopefully.

    Vigilant Seal

    Elegant Female Goblin | HP 16/18 | 1 Hero Point | Perc’ +6 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +7 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 17 ; 19 w. Nimble Dodge | Fort' +3 ; Ref' +9 ; Will +6 | Active conditions:

    Milady easily looks sad and hurt by the events she imagines having in the World Wound, because she dreamt of meeting her Faction leader again, and casts wistful looks at Eando... but continues talking with Gloriana, to keep her away.


    Arrus Lionus - M Human Ranger 1 - HP (14/19) | AC 18 | F 16, R 19, W 15 | Perception +7(E)

    Arrus nods to Eando, more at home on a mission than at a fancy party in the Grand Lodge.

    Lantern Lodge

    Sign up sheet Dragon.

    "It is a matter of some.. delicacy. But I see your team is skilled in social interactions as well as ... the more direct kind. That is good." notes Eando.

    "I'm sure you have heard of the College of Mysteries, located in the Petals district?" He waits for some nods before continuing.
    "I have heard word that a researcher there has uncovered some..esoteric lore. Which is fine. But they have also begun to experiment with it, and the word I have had is that those rituals are dangerous. Dangerous enough for those around her to want someone else to have a look at what is going on. " he sighs.

    "Which is what the Seal is all about. Unfortunately, duties prevent me going myself. I don't suppose you would be able to go visit and give me a run-down on what is happening? It may be nothing, or it may need to be stopped..."

    He rummages around in a pocket, takes out a piece of paper and scribbles a bit on it. "Some of these folk owe me a favour or two. If you need a bit of help with some esoteric lore...one of them maybe able to help you."

    You can get a single +2 bonus to a gather information check of your choice during the scenario.

    Eventually even the vigilant Milady can't keep Gloriana at bay any longer and you make your way back into the main throng of the party.

    Who next?

    Horizon Hunters

    CG Male Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 17 | F +6 R +8 W +2 | Perc +2 (Darkvision) | Stealth +5 | 25 ft. | Active Conditions: ---

    Hopper take his time to discuss with Lizzy the true nature of the potion. Finally he give it back to Milady saying that the tests where inconclusive.

    He looks around to assess who could be there next targets to talk to.

    1 to 50 of 439 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Aerondor] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.