[SFS/OSP] GM Mjolbeard's 1-01 The Commencement

Game Master Mjolbeard89

Maps/Slides

Intiative:
[dice=Guli]1d20[/dice
[dice=Korl]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=AI]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Xeeter]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Zapp]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Diralynn]1d20+[/dice

Perception:
[dice=AI]1d20[/dice
[dice=Diralynn]1d20+[/dice
[dice=Guli]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Korl]1d20[/dice
[dice=Xeeter]1d20[/dice
[dice=Zapp]1d20+4[/dice


1 to 50 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Dot in here

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl Larst, reporting in!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Some of you feel you are a good part of the way to being fully weathered Starfinders already, while others are taking your first tentative steps on a dangerous and uncertain path. A few of you might not even have a great idea of what the Starfinder Society does at this point!

Whatever your story was before, though, today is the day it all changes. Today...

is Commencement Day!

The austere music of your graduation ceremony is still hanging in the air around you when your comm units suddenly light up with a notification.

New Message from: Guidance:
Congratulations Starfinders!
Now that you have officially been inducted as field agents in the ranks of the Starfinder Society, you are requested to report to the Lorespire Complex for a mission briefing.
Further details of your assignment will follow upon arrival of all requested parties.
- Guidance

A calendar invite with the date, time, and location of your briefing is attached to the message. It appears you have some time to prepare yourselves, make purchases, or meet your fellow graduates before your briefing officially begins.

Please feel free to do as much in-character posting as you'd like leading up to our official start on Monday, June 10. I'll have you all meet up just outside the doors of the Lorespire Complex.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

Having trouble sleeping so I had some fun composing an intro to relax me. Enjoy!

This young 9-foot-tall woman is lanky even for a verthani. Her head is a mop of red frizz that looks too perfectly red to be natural, and her massive black verthani eyes are covered by goggles that have no immediately recognizable purpose. Her skin has currently settled on brown with touches of red and gold. She wears what looks to be a loose-fitting black and red blitzball uniform emblazoned with red and black hands clasped together on the front above the sans serif words “The Proles.” The back has the name “Al” written above the number 9, both in the same script as the front. She sits in the grass off to the side of the main entrance to the Complex. She ponders questions such as where the rest of her team is and when they will get here, or what the first mission will be, or whether the grass is technically astroturf since it is turf and the station is definitely astro, or whether language doesn’t work that way.

Next to her is her drone. The construct was clearly designed after a corgi, complete with an integrated coat of “fur.” When she built Zwei—for that is the dog-drone’s name—Al had wondered whether calling it faux fur was correct or whether language didn’t work that way.

Bored already, she starts talking, as she finds talking usually makes herself less bored. ”Zwei buy try fly cry lie lye sty my.” She enjoys saying her drone’s name; she picked it for the sound, much like her own names: Alejandro Xuanzang Roimata Atieno Erzebet le Fay. She got Alejandro from her Azlanti professor who loved to exaggerate the second syllable, Xuanzang from a vid-game, Roimata and Atieno from her favorite weekly driftcast, Erzebet from an idol singer she just thought was okay, and le Fay from some noblewoman on a fantasy drama set on mythological Golarion. Al holds her chin up, purses her lips, and then closes her eyes in a mock exaggeration of nobility, throwing on a proper posh accent as well. ”A splendid day for a spot of tea on the lawn, yes?” She mimes drinking a cup of tea and holding a coaster, sticking out her pinky as appropriate. She then “sets down” the “tea and coaster” in front of Zwei. ”Ah, yes. The leaves are very good today. Very bitter and leafy and green.” She then rolls back on her back, laughing, as she cannot keep up the gag a moment longer. Besides, it amused her, which was all that mattered.

Zwei lies down flat with the bottom of her chin on the ground. She stays still except for her big corgi eyes which look up with that endearing innocence of a dog. As she settles, her “fur” shifts to match the colors of the grass.

Al lies back and folds her hands behind her head. ”Zwei Zwei, wonder what’s going to be our first mission? Star wishin’? Go fishin’?” Her custom rig overlaying her hacking OS over her eyes, she flutters her hand about to sift through files, her programs visualized as crayonish smily-face gremlins. She wonders if she needs to hack Guidance to find her team members, and this is really all a test, or whether Starfinding doesn’t work that way. As she lies back and closes her eyes and yawns, her skin slowly turns to match the grass as well.

Both Al and Zwei are inadvertently taking ten on stealth for 26

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"It's about time I was afforded this honor," a tall man booms to no one in particular, entering the room. Certainly he isn't paying attention to the voices coming from nowhere! He wears a short Armada uniform of red velvet, an expensive comm unit, and a bandage around his forehead. His shoes are on the wrong feet, but he doesn't seem to mind. ”Two exceedingly successful missions, not to mention my foray into the Scoured Stars. That late, I’d say. Wouldn’t you agree, Kif?”

He takes a look around elsewhere, only to (eventually) find others in place of his right-hand man. ”Ah, you must be my team for this mission. I am Zapp Brannigan, a man of no name and many titles. You’ve likely heard of my exploits somewhere or other. We should be ready once Kif returns. Have you seen him? He’s about yea high, green, with a big head and looking sorry for himself. Not a bad flunky, but don't tell him I said so.”

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

"Enh? Zapp who? What? No. I never 'eard of him. Kif? Enh? Who? Green head? Flunked out? Enh? What?" The dwarf in golemforged plate armor half-yells along to Zapp's monologue, apparently slightly hard of hearing. He carries a doshko and a plasma longarm, a backpack, some kind of control-pad with exposed wires and circuitry, and a few other items.

The emblem of Talavet is stamped on to the breastplate of his armor.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

The dwarf's yell causes a nearby potted plant to jump. Or so it seemed, as the leafy textures fade to reveal a real plant, behind which lurks the alien Zapp described. His skin changes back to a more minty green. He sighs at having shown himself, and what is about to come.

"Kif! Lurking away again? For shame, that isn't the standard we Commenced Starfinders should hold ourselves to," Zapp says sternly. "And forget the praise I may or may not have directed at you! Be it true or not, it'll just go to your head. And you don't need any more of that, no sir.

"You must be rather deaf. I suppose that makes sense, I can think of few other reasons one hasn't heard of me!" Zapp raises his voice (much to everyone but Guli's chagrin) and warmly shakes the dwarf's hand, should he accept. "We'll soon remedy that. It's good to meet you; you look most capable."

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

A woman who is either a very tall dwarf or a very short human throws open the door and stomps into the room. She wears heavy armor, her brown hair is collected in a messy bun, and her left leg is missing from the hip down, replaced by a prosthetic. She carries a doctor's bag clearly marked with a red cross, but also has several weapons about her person and carries herself with the air of a soldier.

"Glad to meet you all! I'm Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth. I've been on a few missions now, but apparently there was some kind of mixup and I was supposed to check in here first! Well, no harm done, except to those undead on that asteroid, am I right?" She elbows Guli in the ribs.

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

Al is fast asleep through all of the talking and even yelling. She finally wakes up from her catnap still in a drowsy haze. To those gathered, it looks like a humanoid-shaped section of grass simply sits up and yawns.

"Oh, hi everyone."Al rolls over and onto the ground and crawls after the others, her skin slowly adjusting to being out of the grass. Zwei follows after, her fur also adjusting back to its normal color. Her face still droopy and sleepy, Al slowly pulls herself up to standing, her eyes falling directly on Dr. Houndstooth's leg.

"Leg. Mechanical leg. Cool leg. Where'd you get it? Al would also like a cool leg."


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Before the good doctor has a chance to share the story of where she got her cool leg, the doors to the Lorespire Complex slide open, and a green
holographic image of a middle-aged human woman shimmers into view at the center of the room, near a large black cube that could either be some kind of supercomputer or a mystical obelisk--or perhaps even a bit of both!

“Greetings,” it says. “I am Guidance. Please use the cheek swabs in the open receptacle to provide a genetic sample for Starfinder Society identification purposes. If desired, you may place your hand on the glowing panel to receive a subdermal implant further marking you as a member of the Society.”

Who would like to accept the implant? Do you agree to provide a genetic sample with the cheek swab?

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dr. Houndstooth is down for both!

As everyone waits their turn for the cheek swab, Diralynn answers Renegade Al.

"Oh no, no, I couldn't possibly...but if you insist! The group was infiltrating a secure base on a far-off planet. I noticed right before the soldier did: a trap! I pushed her out of the way just in time, but the laser wall caught me instead, sliced my leg clean off, neat as you please. We accomplished the mission though, and that's what matters."

Xeeter will notice that this is a different story than Diralynn told last time they adventured together.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter comes in, shuffling a deck of cards idly from hand to hand with his bottom pair of hands. With his top pairs of hands, he comes up to shake hands with his teammates. "Hello Nufriends, I'm Xeeter! I was named for a xeeter tree, trees that are good for climbing on Vesk-3, but I haven't ever been to the Veskarium! I was born in Viridian, where three generations of my family have worked as dealers in the Casino there! But I fell in love with Viridian's lush gardens, and decided that it was time for me to learn about plants and wild life all over the Pact Worlds and the Vast!"

Xeeter sighs. "Of course, they sent me to asteroids twice with no plants and no animals... But I did get to meet lots of nice dwarfs. Twice! That's where I met Diralynn! She's my old nufriend!" Xeeter waves at Diralynn. "Hello Diralynn!"

Xeeter helpfully carries the jar full of swabs to the others in room. "I'm helping!" Then he accepts the implant. In fact, he tries to get the implant for all six of his hands if Guidance will let him.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"Morning, Guidance, everyone." a lanky Vesk wanders in slightly late, still stuffing things into his bag as he does.

"This is part of the induction? Sure, I'm signing up so might as well go all in." He leans into the closest cadet and lowers his voice "This part is normal, right?"

"Uh...morning, Xeeter. I'm Korl." The bundle of energy makes Korl take a small step back.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter's eyes light up and he hugs Korl. "A vesk! We like helping vesk nufriends most of all!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Diralynn, Xeeter, and Korl all provide their genetic samples. As each of them drops their lightly damp swab into the receptacle, a small *Ding* indicates that their samples have been received. Xeeter is especially enthusiastic about the addition of the subnormal implant, but after the skittermander receives the first sharp sting of the device being implanted, he is disappointed to hear Guidance intone, "Implant detected" five more times.

While the rest of the group of new Starfinder agents decide whether they would like to receive the implant, Guidance continues with her briefing. "It is our pleasure to officially welcome you into the Starfinder Society. Today is the commencement of your new role as a Starfinder field agent. It is our tradition, at the end of the graduation ceremony, for new graduates to present themselves
to the heads of our most prominent factions and complete a task at those leaders’ behest. This allows the leaders of these groups to become familiar with all new Starfinder agents, and it provides a constant supply of agents for handling situations in our holdings on Absalom Station. While these tasks were formerly symbolic, the heavy loss of Starfinder agents in the Scoured Stars necessitates that these missions become something more. Please treat any tasks given with the gravity you would grant any other Starfinder assignment.”

Guidance gestures toward the computer bank behind her and a screen illuminates with some basic information about each of the faction leaders See Slide 3.

"You may choose to meet with the faction heads in any order, as they are aware that you will be paying them a visit at some time today and will all be available for the day, barring any emergencies. Best of luck, Starfinders, and once again, congratulations!" Guidance remains open for a few minutes more, apparently waiting to see if any of you have questions, but you are otherwise dismissed to begin your mission!

A few of you may know a thing or two about Absalom Station that others may not, or you may be skilled at learning such things from people you meet around the station. Please give me a Culture or Diplomacy (Gather Information) roll and open any of the spoilers below for which your roll beats the DC.

Culture DC5+:
Absalom Station is the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Races from every planet in the system, including those once prominent on lost Golarion, can be found on the station.

Culture DC10+:
People around the station are increasingly amenable to Starfinders. They respect both the dogged veteran field agents who were not lost in the Scoured Stars disaster and the new recruits, whose presence brings renewed hope. Stating one’s association with the Starfinder Society is likely to garner support from the locals of Absalom Station.

Culture DC15+:
A host of starships, known locally as the Armada, orbits Absalom Station. Ships from the Armada are often starships that have taken advantage of the station’s Starstone core—a mystical device that allows for quick travel through the Drift back to Absalom Station. The ships of this fleet are increasingly at risk of bringing back undetected alien life, simply because the policing Stewards lack the numbers to search every orbiting ship.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) DC5+:
Everyone is excited about the upcoming junkrace. Apparently some nobody mouthed off to Ratrod, the reigning junkrace champion. People know that trash talking really gets under Ratrod’s fur and wonder whether there will be more harsh words exchanged before the race.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) DC10+:
The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) DC15+:
Word on the street is that a dangerous alien predator got loose somewhere in the Downlow district of the station. The creature is now contained in a warehouse, but not after it impaled a security officer with a harpoon-like natural projectile.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

my busy week starts today. Feel free to bot me as soon as everyone else acts, it's tactically convenient, or my PC can address the check at hand.

Guli accepts the implant

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"Yeah? What kind of help?" he looks back and down to Xeeter.

Korl steps up and puts his hand into the implant machine. "Nothing to it." He nods and steps back out of line.

Korl wanders to the screens to get an idea of who he'd like to help first, when he see's the Exo-Guardians "I vote we should go help Zig..ggii..fix...Zigvi. Err...the Exo-Guardian's leader first."

He makes a fist to display his new insignia and puts it down again. "Hmm, more official now. That'll be good when I punch something." He gives a toothy grin back at the group.

Korl is the opposite of a skill monkey so not much input on that front.

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani
Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth wrote:

Dr. Houndstooth is down for both!

As everyone waits their turn for the cheek swab, Diralynn answers Renegade Al.

"Oh no, no, I couldn't possibly...but if you insist! The group was infiltrating a secure base on a far-off planet. I noticed right before the soldier did: a trap! I pushed her out of the way just in time, but the laser wall caught me instead, sliced my leg clean off, neat as you please. We accomplished the mission though, and that's what matters."

Xeeter will notice that this is a different story than Diralynn told last time they adventured together.

"WOW. That's super duper cool cool. I hope our mission today is also super duper cool cool."

Al takes the implant as well. As typical for a verthani, she has a rather cavalier attitude about body implants and mods. She then walks up to Guidance and gives an exaggerated military-esque salute before standing unnaturally still at-attention.

"Aye aye aye, Cap-ee-tan!"

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Al puts on a serious, cool announcer voice, as though this is a weekly anime. "Absalom Station: the cultural hub of the Pact Worlds. Every type of people from throughout the galaxy--and maybe others???--can be found here. Beloved and respected by those people: the Starfinders, of which our heroes are counted as the newest members! On today's adventure, will they venture out into the Armada orbiting Absalom station? Perhaps some creature from Unknown Lands will be awaiting their discovery! Stay tuned, kids."

She stops the act then waves at everyone. "Oh yes. Forgot to say hi! Al is Al. Some people call Al Renegade Al, which looks like Renegade A.I., so Al doesn't mind. Al is very good with computers. She likes to hack back attack."

She picks up Zwei, with some labored effort, and holds her out for people to see. "This is Zwei. She is Al's data dog. She's a good doggy!" Despite the "dog's" "fur," she is clearly a robotic drone of some sort. Zwei confirms this with a robotic bark, revealing a Hail Pistol integrated into her throat. When I have the money, I'm gonna get a sonic weapon to put in there so she can attack people by barking :D

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (14) + (1) + 7 = 22

Zapp greets the newer arrivals amicably, then accepts both procedures. He winces far more than is necessary. "Yes, we should visit Zigvigix first. I have yet to meet. I'm sure my previous noble deeds will be promptly commended, that sounds like their thing."

He looks to AI and her commentary, unsure if he's on camera. It wouldn't be the first time on assignment! He decides to contribute when she's done talking. "If I've heard tell correctly, it'll be a busy day on the station! A big junkrace, spurred on by a verbal duel of some sort. Limited-edition Strawberry Machine Cake paraphernalia! A vicious monster, trapped in the Downlow." He strikes an impressive pose. "Whether or not we Starfinders will face these heinous threats, or they set the mood for our other tasks, let one thing be known. We agents, led by a certain Man with No Name, fear nothing."

From a few steps away, Kif sighs again and closes the tab on his datapad. A list of trending events for Absalom Station's local infosphere, transmitted straight to Zapp's advanced comm.

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Yes, let's check in with Zigvigix! I want to hear how they're doing."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter claps his hands at how much all of his Nufriends know about this station! Then he turns to Guidance with a burning question. "Before we visit Nufriend Zigvigix, is there anything we can do for you, Nufriend Guidance?" He shines the subdermal implant out of his hand to show Guidance how pretty it is.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Guidance's projected interface looks down at the leafy little skittermander, [b]"Thank you for your offer, Agent Xeeter, but I am currently operating at maximum efficiency and do not require assistance at this time. If you would like to help me, simply do a good job with the faction leaders."[b]

...and SLOT THOSE BOONS!
For those of you who have boons from previous scenarios, please let me know in Discussion what boons you will be slotting for this scenario.
For those for whom this is your PC's first scenario, please choose a Faction Champion boon (for free!) and slot that in as your Faction boon. Don't forget personal or promotional boons as well.
This scenario has no special related boons or ties to particular factions.


Preservation of AA-126D * Female Dwarf Amateur Hireling Ally -- +4 Culture, Life Science, Physical Science

A female dwarven scholar who has been accompanying the little skittermander waves Guidance off. "No implant here. I'm not a Starfinder agent. I'm just here to return the help that little Xeeter and Dr. Houndstooth offered us!" She nods to Diralynn. "Good to see you again, Doctor! Too bad we're not exploring another mine. Although I know that Absalom Station is enclosed, it still feels far too open to sky. Still I came to learn, so let's see what these missions have to offer to us!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"Let's go meet Xigvigix!" Xeeter says, taking Meehr Zet by the hand. "I want to make more nufriends!" With his other hands, he's still shuffling cards ably back and forth. He looks to his fellow Starfinders as they walk along. "Have any of you learned Secret Sundive? It's a great game, and we don't have to play for cash."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"Never played. I could try a hand on the way down. Should we get a lift to...wait, where are we going? "

Korl scratches at the scales between his eyes. "Anyone know how to get to the Downlow?

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

Al jumps as she hears the mention of Secret Sundive.

"Al LOVES Secret Sundive! Play with Allllllll."

OOC I don't know what that is, but it sounds like something she'd know about and be into

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"I concern myself with real tactics and strategy, as I must to maintain my station," Zapp says haughtily. "But this sort of thing must reinforce such talents, right? And through my constant toil, I deserve something more akin to free time. Let's play!

"As for the Downlow...I assumed we'd be ferried there via teleportation. Failing that basic courtesy-" Zapp turns back to the box housing Guidance, who is likely no longer listening, "-perhaps a shuttle. They usually know where to go."


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Once everyone has received their implant and the briefing is over, you decide to start by meeting up with the leader of the Exo-Guardians faction, Zigvigix. You find a self-driving shuttle headed toward the Downlow and begin your quick trip there. Soon, the shuttle pulls up along a large open space, and the driver-bot announces that you have reached your destination.

Garbage litters the ground as you emerge from the shuttle and look around the district’s largest art park—a cement lot filled with undulating metal sculptures and covered in graffiti of grotesquely adorable creatures. The sounds of music and chatter drift over from the nearby clubs, chronically interrupted by the roar of the local gangsters’ engines. A heavily augmented host shirren is sitting on one of the park benches, eating a simple meal of cold grub-noodles and rice candy. Their antennae perk up at the tremor of approaching footsteps. “Welcome, new Starfinders! And congratulations!” the shirren’s voice telepathically projects. “My speech-name is Zigvigix, but feel free to call me Ziggy, if that would be easier for you. Have some rice candy to celebrate your graduation! Today is your big day!

“When you are ready, I have two assignments I could use assistance with. The first is to help me secure a new headquarters on Absalom Station. I’ve been in talks with our station’s protectors, the Stewards, and they were kind enough to give us ownership of a warehouse here in Downlow for that purpose! The current owners no longer want it because a vicious alien took it over and kills anyone who goes inside. Once the alien is gone and the warehouse cargo has been returned to its owners, we can start installing desks and computers, so please go in and incinerate the creature!

“My second assignment...” Zigvigix twitches their tooth barbs for a moment and then holds out a credstick. “Please buy the brand-new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, which is out today, and give it to Historia-7 when you see her. She is the head of the Dataphiles, so you should meet her today! I wish to do it myself, but I... I have trouble standing for long periods of time. Thank you very much!”

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn gladly accepts some rice candies. "Thank you, kindly! I love this stuff. It's terrible for the teeth, of course, but maybe shirrens don't have to worry about that." She crunches loudly as she chews.

"It's good to see you again, Zigvigix! So we need to clear out an alien from a warehouse and pick up an album? Sounds easy enough! Which should we do first?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"Aha! I suspected we'd be saving the station from a horrible beast!" Zapp takes a rice candy and stuffs it in a pocket, where it immediately starts to crumble. "That's all very well, but what is it? And to get an album...mundane, though I can swing it somehow. Thank you, Ziggy!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"Thank you...sir." Korl politely takes a piece of the candy and gingerly chews it on one side of his mouth.

"Where would we pick up this new album? Here in the Downlow?"


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

"Yes, that's right, Dr. Houndstooth," Zigvigix says, nodding to the dwarf, "Just the album and the warehouse. If you're asking my opinion on which takes the top priority, I'd say getting the new base for the Exo-Guardians would be higher on my list.

"As for what the beast is, Mr. Brannigan, the security footage seems to show a large feathery beast with numerous limbs--a feather stalker, if I'm not mistaken! And that's a predator far more unpleasant than its name
implies."

Zigvigix turns to Korl last and seems to smile. "I appreciate your interest in my other request," he tells the vesk, "I believe you should be able to find the album in the Freemarkets. My favorite shop is the Iron Bakery, which is a new Strawberry Machine Cake fan shop that just opened up and started offering all kinds of official SMC licensed gear!"

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

"What about a feather duster? Get some cake from a machine? If you say so. Better get to it."

He says the last bit in a voice much closer to a speaking tone, but you think maybe it's supposed to be under his breath? He looks around, waiting for the others to point him in the right direction.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"May I see the video footage? I'd like to learn more about the featherstalker. Also... do we have to kill it? Maybe it could go to a zoo or something?"

Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

Al’s already big eyes grow even bigger. ”STRAWBERRY. MACHINE. CAKE. STRAWBERRYMACHINECAKE.” She takes a breath. ”And birdy sounds cool, too.”

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Al does a handstand and strokes her chin. She starts muttering to herself about ideas for getting Strawberry Machine Cake.

”Al could whack hack attack fan shop computer to give us a preorder so they have to save one for us....”

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"Disgusting!" Zapp grins. "I've acquainted with a fair few aliens in my time. Nothing like this, but do I know of it? Well, I know a lot of things."

Life Science (-5 DC if rare): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

"Strange," Zigvigix muses as Guli seems to struggle to comprehend the instructions for the mission, "I've never encountered someone who was hard of hearing my telepathy!" The shirren seems to straighten up and focus on the dwarf, then repeats the instructions, practically screaming in telepathy, "NOT- A- FEATHER- DUSTER- --A- FEATHER- STALKER. AND- YOU- NEED- TO- PICK- UP- A- STRAWBERRY MACHINE CAKE- ALBUM. DID- YOU- HEAR- THAT- BETTER?"

Apparently satisfied that his instructions either got through, or that the rest of the team would help fill in Guli as they got to work, Zigvigix obliges Xeeter's request. He procures a datapad from an unseen compartment in his armor, and pulls up a holorecording to show the team.

SECURITY FOOTAGE wrote:

You see a middle aged korasha lashunta enter a warehouse and walk toward a large shipment crate with an energy barrier surrounding it. He wears a suit that Zapp can tell is made of cheap material right away--nothing like the fine stuff a hero like him would wear--and his greasy dark hair is combed up into an impressive pompadour style. The audio is fuzzy, but you can make out his words as he moves toward the container.

"'Ey, whaddo we 'ave here, eh? My new pet? Alriiiiight! Let's get a good look at ya!"
He punches in a code on the containers key pad, and accidentally opens both the container doors AND the energy shield. Almost instantaneously, a feathery spear launches out of the container and impales the lashunta through the abdomen. As he slumps to the floor, the last intelligible word you hear him make is "'Eyyyyyyy." Then a large black-and-white creature (specifically, a crinoid) made up of long feathery appendages and little else emerges from the container and begins eating the lashunta alive.

Zigvigix cuts the video off just as the screaming begins. "From what the Stewards have pieced together, we suspect that this lashunta is... was a two-bit crime lord who illegally imported the creature, and, as you saw, the beast promptly ate him. It is a dangerous predator, but if you find a way to subdue it, I am sure the Xenowardens or some other interested party would be glad to take custody of it."

Xeeter and Zapp both know of the feather stalker. It is a large alien aberration known for two things in particular: it can launch parts of its feathery appendages at its prey like a spear, and the species tends to be widely adaptable, sometimes manifesting with unique predatory abilities and almost always having resistance to some form of energy. Without observing the creature more directly, though, it is impossible to determine what adaptations this particular specimen possesses.

Finally, Zigvigix addresses Al's suggestion about hacking into the shop's computers to secure a copy of the SMC album, "That may work! Though I suspect they will have more copies in stock than most shops, given that they are a SMC fan shop. Just make sure you support the band, and the shop if you can!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter watches the footage. "That poor creature! The lashunta scared it!" Then he claps for Al. "Ooh, the pre-order sounds like a good idea! Put in preorders for all of us. Ziggy too!"

Xeeter is much happier now that he knows that they can capture the creature and he takes two handfuls of candy. "Mmm. Should we go the warehouse first?"

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Yes, let's head to the warehouse."

Dr. Houndstooth starts absentmindedly humming one of the singles of SMC's last album. It is extremely off-key.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"I'm in. Maybe we can knock it out and drag it back for the Xenowardens?" Korl cracks his knuckles "You can knock out most things, you know. Just a few well placed whacks to the head and BAM!" He punches his fist into his hand "Just like that."

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"Well, at least that ruffian was dealt with before we were called in," Zapp says. "One less annoyance to deal with. We'll have to commend the culprit for that. As for knocking it out, I will leave that in you capable hands, Korl."

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Al lets herself roll out of her handstand and into a more normal standing position.

"Oh yesyesyes preorder means we still have to paypaypay, so we will support the shopshopshop. Preorder just mean they save copycopycopy for us. And maybe get preorder bonusbonusbonus!"

Al looks on with great curiosity at the video footage. "Oohoohooh! Looks fun run done. Let's go! Track hack back later!"

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

lol. Of course. I forgot it was speaking telepathically. The hard of hearing thing is more of an affectation anyway so it probably still fits, haha.

Guli winces and looks at the Shirren. " Whaddya gotta tell for, enh?!"


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

GM Screen:
Where?: 1d4 ⇒ 4 Catwalk near vehicle
Defense?: 1d4 ⇒ 3 Fire resistance
Offense?: 1d4 ⇒ 2 Two feather harpoon full attack at -3/-3

Zigvigix chuckles, then waves at the group to dismiss you to your duties, "Good luck, Starfinders!"

You are free to make any last minute purchases you might want prior to entering the warehouse.

Once you are ready, you make your way to the warehouse, and station security allows you through the force barrier set up around the perimeter of the warehouse.

As you all move past the hardlight cordons, you see that the doors to the warehouse were forced open and no longer lock. Inside, the warehouse ceiling is 30 feet high, and a catwalk runs 15 feet above the floor. Scattered around the warehouse, you see crates and a vehicle each of them approximately 5 feet tall, while the cylindrical containers and the crate-filled scaffolding are 10 feet tall.

Climbing the crates and scaffolding requires a successful DC 10 Athletics check.

You can also see that the feather stalker has made a mess of the warehouse's contents, as scattered junk litters the floors. Difficult terrain

Those of you with especially keen eyes can also see a pit further into the warehouse floor. The lights on the catwalk are not bright enough to illuminate the area, so that only those whose eyes are adjusted to the darkness can see clearly. Dim Light conditions

How would you like to proceed?

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl takes a few steps inside and peers around

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5

"Hmm...its fairly dark in here, I don't anything yet." He turns on his flashlight and sweeps it down the paths made up by crates and canisters in the room.

Assuming we're on the map now, moving in 15ft in and looking North between these canister looking things for signs of movement.

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn moves in next to Korl, using her dwarven darkvision to try to spot the creature.

PErception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp fumbles about in the darkness for a few seconds before a Kif-shaped patch of wall hisses to him about his flashlight. He goes to examine the other cylinders. Should he not find anything, he makes for the scaffolding.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 17


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

You begin fanning out into the warehouse, some of you with flashlights in hand, while others are able to see through the semi-darkness thanks to their ancestry.

After searching for signs of movement and coming up empty, Zapp nimbly climbs up the scaffolding toward the catwalks on the southern side of the building.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

Guli creeps into the room, holding his doshko, and advances into the middle, looking from side to side as he goes.

perception, darkvision: 10 + 5 = 15

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn moves further in, her keen eyes on the lookout.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

1 to 50 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / OSP] GM Mjolbeard's 1-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.