[SFS/OSP] GM Mjolbeard's 1-01 The Commencement

Game Master Mjolbeard89

Maps/Slides

Intiative:
[dice=Guli]1d20[/dice
[dice=Korl]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=AI]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Xeeter]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Zapp]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Diralynn]1d20+[/dice

Perception:
[dice=AI]1d20[/dice
[dice=Diralynn]1d20+[/dice
[dice=Guli]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Korl]1d20[/dice
[dice=Xeeter]1d20[/dice
[dice=Zapp]1d20+4[/dice


301 to 329 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Under a barrage of fire, Nyizin totally stalls out and isn't able to make any progress down the track, while the other racers either gain on him or pass him entirely.

Ratrod takes a shot, but still manages to keep control enough to avoid Lemgem's shots on him and advances down the track.

Orsis, who fired on Nyizin to help save some of his ego, does make some forward progress, but is distracted enough that he doesn't get his full complement of speed.

Lemgem, whose shots just miss Ratrod's vehicle, falters on her driving and continues to fall behind.

Velocity fires two of the shots into Nyizin's side, then speeds along to gain on the field.

The Labon-timizer, with Al at the helm, cruises ahead and into the lead!!!

Round 5 Standings
1 - Laboni (2700ft)
2 - Nyizin (2325ft)
3 - Orsis (2250ft)
4 - Velocity (2100ft)
5 - Ratrod (1925ft)
6 - Lemgem (1600ft)

I'm going to call it here! Nyizin just got WRECKED! He could, in theory, boost his speed and get across the finish line next round, but he would only win if Al failed her Piloting roll, which isn't likely. Even if Al were to fail, she would hit the finish line. I'm also guessing that you guys would rain down hell on Nyizin again, so he'd likely fail his check again anyway.
Also, this has dragged on long enough. Let's get on to that last mission!


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

"LABON-TIMIZER WINS!!! LABON-TIMIZER WINS!!!" The announcers are screaming their heads off as the Starfinder-built racer crosses the finish line with a wide gap between her and her nearest competitor. Just as you all are ready to leap from your seats in the control booth, you hear a deep, joyful laughter from behind you.

"Gra-HAH! Well I'll be blasted," Radaszam says with an expression that belies mild exasperation as well as vague amusement, "You managed to pull it together."

Laboni stumbles up and out of her seat to present herself to the Acquisitives leader, "Sir! I'm sorry if I caused trouble. Although, I guess I wasn't exactly wrong to tell Ratrod I could beat him, right? Hack, I could probably beat him again if I stuck around!"

"And you'll get that chance, Laboni," the vesk assures her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "While you all have been hard at work winning this race, I've been making contacts with the Salvage Union that could prove quite useful someday. They agreed to work with us, provided you stay on as a regular competitor in the races."

A massive grin spreads across Laboni's face as the news hits her. "Great! I won't fail you, sir. I'll do the Society proud!"

She turns to all of you next, and wraps up each of you in a massive hug. "I couldn't've done it without you all. Thanks a ton! I promise I'll take good care of the Labon-timizer, but feel free to come around and help out on the pitcrew anytime you want!"

A short while later, the other racers come around to congratulate Laboni and her crew, and a rather singed looking Ratrod steps toward her. "I gotta admit, you held your own out there. Good job, all of you."

Laboni apologizes to Ratrod for her boasting and trash talk. The ysoki’s pride still hurts, but the gesture compels the Salvage Union to offer Laboni some extra payment in the form of collected gear, on top of the race’s prize money.

In turn, Laboni presents you all with a set of graphite carbon skin armor and 400 credits from the race’s prize pool.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

With your mission for Radaszam and the Acquisitives complete, you direct your attention back to the information Guidance provided you on the faction leaders you are meant to meet with. You find that you only have one leader left to meet--Fitch, the leader of the Wayfinders!

Info on the Wayfinders and where you can find Fitch is on Slide 3. Image of Fitch on Slide 2.

The Wayfinders’ transitory nature precludes them from having a single stationary headquarters on Absalom Station. Instead, the Wayfinders operate out of the Master of Stars, an enormous starship that is part of the Armada orbiting Absalom Station. The Master of Stars is currently undergoing extensive repairs, obsessively overseen by the Wayfinders’ leader Fitch. A Society shuttle takes you out to the orbiting ship.

The station’s Armada can be seen from the shuttle’s view screen as it takes off, gleaming figures standing out against the emptiness of space. The Master of Stars immediately stands out from the rest, as layers and layers of scaffolding obscure its hull. Tiny lights flicker among the metal beams as distant figures weld plates and heat shields to the ship’s exterior. The shuttle smoothly glides closer until it reaches the starship’s docking bay, slipping through the magic field that keeps the hold pressurized with breathable atmosphere. As the shuttle doors open, a small drone flies in and pops up a holoscreen, displaying a harried-looking ratfolk.

“Finally, fresh meat!” the ysoki exclaims over the screen, sounding pleased. “Name’s Fitch—pleasantries over, time to get to work. I had some trouble earlier with the lights flickering on the ship, and now both the lights and computers have suddenly gone out on E-Deck. No idea what’s causing it, but you work this job long enough and—” Fitch’s attention flicks to something offscreen, and she shouts “Kirkath! The welding torch is not a toy! You wanna go in the toddler’s pen with the other kids?” She snorts dismissively before continuing, “Sorry, some of these little ones would cut off their own heads if I let them. Anyway, it could be some lunkhead screwed up the wiring, but that’s a pretty big system failure for a simple electrical short. I’d prefer to send in some people with combat training to scout it out, just in case someone or something is sabotaging the ship. If it’s nothing, great, get the power back on if you can. If there’s something suspicious, use your comm units to report in to me. I’ll give you the access codes, so—Selicha! If you touch that panel I will staple you to the hull!”

The screen on the drone cuts out, then flashes to display the ship’s schematics and the passwords for the computers on E-Deck. Plugging your comm units into a port on the side of the drone allows you to download the schematics and passwords for your use during the mission, as well as Fitch's comm code so you can continue communicating with her.

You are able to use the working lifts and maintenance tunnels to reach E-Deck. The doors on E-Deck are closed and do not automatically open without power, but since the magnetic seals on the doors are also disabled due to the power loss, you manage to force your way through into what appears to be a storage room.

Map on Slide 4
Note: Because there is no power, E-Deck is currently in complete darkness. If you do not have a way to see in the dark, it might be a good time to pull out that comm flashlight.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter is torn when he meets the busy Fitch. Should he go on the mission, or help the harried leader out with a spot of baby sitting? He's not exactly the engineer type. Still, a good skittermander does not abandon his team. "Okay, we'll help!"

When they ride up in the darkness, he is elated to actually do something. He activates the flashlight in his comm unit. "Okay, team... Let's go in!"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Ears and eyes tuned for trouble, he looks around for the signs of what's amiss.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp is all too happy to leave the racetrack behind. Surprisingly, he follows suit with his own flashlight, laser drawn. "We'll shoot whatever problem rears its ugly head!"

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn looks around using her dwarven darkvision.

PErception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"What do you suppose turned the lights off?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"Power outage? Or maybe someone wanted a nap?" Zeeter looks for an interface that he can point out to the people with actual tech skills.

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

"Engh, even I heard clearly that she said to report trouble to her, not shoot it!" Guli says as he draws his own weapon. "But just in case..."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

I'm sure its nothing. Let's just get down there and take a look.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Scattered barrels and boxes line the lowered floor of this storage chamber. A thick bulkhead to the port side leads farther onto the deck, while a similar bulkhead to the aft connects to an arterial hallway that runs the length of the deck.

As Xeeter points his flashlight toward the interface, he confirms that the system is completely dormant. There appears to be no power whatsoever flowing to the system, though you suspect that someone with engineering skills could at least diagnose the reason for this, if not correct it themselves.

Engineering check if you want to try to figure out what happened to the power or try to fix it yourself. Alternatively, you might be able to convince Fitch to send a mechanic to help out.

After several minutes of searching, you are unsure of what caused the power outage, but you suddenly hear a noise from behind some crates in the northeast corner of the room.

Indicated on the map

GM Rolls:
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Creature appearance/locomotion: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Creature Motives: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Hazard: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl moves up and tries to take a peak at the cause of the noise

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 2

I don't see anything here, probably nothing.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp tries to piece together various wires and cables. "Clearly, whoever set this up in the first place doesn't subscribe to the high-brow cereal box mazes I do."

At Korl's pronouncement, his sense of the dramatic overtakes him and he joins the vesk in looking around.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

Guli sets to work on the panel, either not hearing the noise or choosing to let the party handle it.

engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn can't help with the Engineering, so she goes to look into the loud noise.

PErception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Zapp and Guli pop open an electrical panel and find some of the wires are badly frayed. They patch up with the wires with their engineering tools, then flip the switch off, then on again.

The lights are just beginning to blink on as Korl looms over the edge of the crate where the noise was heard. He doesn't see them at first, but he quickly hears the frightened shrieks of two human children who are huddled behind the crate.

"Don't hurt us," one of them cries.

"Don't tell our dad," the other shouts.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl, as startled as the children, ignore them momentarily and turns his head back to the party Oh...uh. I guess there was something here after all. They appear to be small humans.

Having composed himself slightly, he looks down Why would I hurt you, smallish human? Also, I don't know your father to tell him...whatever it is I shouldn't tell him?

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Well, hey there, kids! This must have been pretty scary in the dark. Why don't we get you back to your dad?"


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

With the friendly attitudes displayed by Korl and Diralynn, both children seem to calm down from their previous hysterics, and come out from their hiding place behind the crates.

"Um...okay. I guess we can go back, but Daddy said he would be busy, so we'd have to go back to the kid's area," the young girl says meekly.

"I don't wanna go there, Kieu Lan" her younger brother pouts, "That place is for babies."

"Be quiet, Kieu Si. Daddy said we have to stay there while he works on the ship."

"But I wanna stay here and play with...um...nevermind." Kieu Si suddenly hushes up and looks down at his feet as Kieu Lan nudges him in the ribs and shushes him.

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

"Don't worry, kids! We are here, the PATHFINDERS. If you don't want to go back yet, I can protect you. I wouldn't want you to be stuck doing baby things, cause you two are not babies."

Zwei rolls up to the kids and barks, then pants in a jilted, robotic way while waiting for pets.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"Play with whom?" Xeeter inquires, gently. "Is there someone else here?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

"I know that I don't like playing much with the babies either, because skitter whelps have tummy tubes that attach to larger animals. A whelp's secondary mouth allows it to attach itself to large prey and feed at its leisure. Thanks to a numbing mucus secreted by this mouth, less intelligent animals rarely even notice a whelp's samplings, but I always did, and had to forcibly detach my nieces and nephews." Then he pauses. "But human babies don't do that... do they?"

"Maybe you could go back to the kids area, but help the adults instead of playing with the babies. You two seem pretty clever. Maybe you could build some toys, or help hand out snacks, or do other things to help. Or if you would like, I could play with you later. I know lots of games. Have you ever learned Skimmer?" He pulls out his cards, and shuffles them quickly between all of his hands, moving in a blur. "It's a card game that I dealt at the Vestrani gaming complex on the Burning Archipelago. People bet thousands of credits on it, winning or losing fortunes overnight. You can learn to improve your odds of making money -- though. It's pretty easy if you know how to count numbers, read people or lie about the contents of your hand. I can show you all my tips, but I'd need a place to meet you after we're done checking this place out. The kid's area would be a good place to find you."

Skeeter gives the kids his comm code in case they want to learn this important life skill.

Ninja'd!

"Or you could wait here with Al," Skeeter adds as Al speaks. "Then we could all go back and learn Skimmer together! Is there anything you can tell us about the rest of the rooms? I bet you've explored them already!"


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Kieu Si stares up at Al, "You're weird! Everybody knows the Pathfinders don't exist anymore. Just the STARFINDERS!" He raises a fist up into the air in a dramatic pose, then quickly shifts attention to the drone doggy that has wandered up beside him.

Xeeter:
The kids are definitely trying to hide something.

"Our Daddy says gambling is bad for you if you like eating," Kieu Lan replies, her gaze not quite meeting Xeeter's. "But we don't have to go back yet cause, well...we're here...on a mission! Right Kieu Li?"

"I thought you said we were here to play with--OW! Why'd you do that?!" Kieu Si picks up and rubs at the foot his sister had just stamped on as he began to reply.

"No! We're on a MISSION! We haven't been down here very long so we DON'T KNOW about this place."

Seems like these kids can't keep their story straight. Maybe you'll have to get the truth out of them somehow before you send them back to the children's area...

Exo-Guardians

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"I'll tell you what. Seems as if you junior Starfinders are on a classified mission, but you're in a little over your heads. We can supplement your team. Don't worry, you'd still call the shots." Zapp turns back to wink at the team, as they know who'll be in charge.

"How great would it be to have us backing you up? There's one little wrinkle, though. We can't work effectively while in the dark about our mission. So I'll need you to tell us what you're up to. And it's still classified, so we won't tell anyone else."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (14) + (5) + 7 = 26

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

nice.

"Unh... Yeah..." Guli nods along as Zapp's plan sinks in


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Both kids beam as Zapp comes down to their level and offers the team's assistance with their "mission."

"Okay, but you can't tell anybody, especially not Daddy," Kieu Lan says, bouncing on her feet in excitement. "Kieu Si and I came down here to play, and we found these really weird tubes with this gooey liquid in it, but one of them was broken. We saw that the liquid was dripping across the floor, so we followed it, and found our new pet! We were down here playing hide-and-seek with him when the power went out. We couldn't open the doors after that, and we've been stuck down here since then."

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp surreptitiously closes his teleprompter. "Sounds like a quality mission! Well, we've already dealt with the doors, so an escape route is available. And what's this pet like? If you could lead on to it...?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"That sounds great! I'm good with animals," Xeeter confides. "I can talk with your pet, and we can find out more about the games they like to play."

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

"We'll git ye kids out. Safe" Guli says gruffly. We'll see about this pet, though...

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl lowers his voice "Uh...pet?"

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"What kind of creature exactly is this pet?"

301 to 329 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / OSP] GM Mjolbeard's 1-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.