[SFS/OSP] GM Mjolbeard's 1-01 The Commencement

Game Master Mjolbeard89

Maps/Slides

Intiative:
[dice=Guli]1d20[/dice
[dice=Korl]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=AI]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Xeeter]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Zapp]1d20+1[/dice
[dice=Diralynn]1d20+[/dice

Perception:
[dice=AI]1d20[/dice
[dice=Diralynn]1d20+[/dice
[dice=Guli]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Korl]1d20[/dice
[dice=Xeeter]1d20[/dice
[dice=Zapp]1d20+4[/dice


151 to 200 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"I'm no hacker, but I'll help however I can!" Xeeter affirms.

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"Well I don't have an issue running security for the more stealthy-hacky types, someone has to watch their back after all." Korl cracks his knucles and adds "Any idea who this hacker might be?"


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Al:
Historia-7 (LN female android mechanic) manages the activities of the Dataphiles within the Archives compound of the Lorespire Complex. She took on her name when she became an apprentice to the former head of the Dataphiles, the reclusive Historia-6. Ever since her mentor disappeared in the Scoured Stars incident, she has assumed leadership of the faction. Historia-7 follows her predecessor’s meticulous methods of data analysis, but she has become somewhat obsessed with the idea that other organizations are somehow responsible for withholding data relating to the Scoured Stars. As a result, much of the Dataphiles’ current operations involve the active investigation and infiltration of other institutions, both within and beyond the Pact Worlds.

Historia shakes her head, "For now, I think the best way for us to secure this intel is for you to locate the hacker in person. There may be some opportunity for you to apply your skills later, but for now, I think a diplomatic approach may serve you best.

"With that in mind, here," the android gestures in the air, and a notification pops up on your comm units. "This is the address where I was able to track the IP of the hacker. It appears to be a flat in Drifter’s End, a district in the station’s Ring known for providing cheap housing to vagabonds of all sorts. Keep a careful eye out, Starfinders. Now, if you have no further questions, you are dismissed."

Feel free to ask any more questions you'd like, otherwise, let me know if you're ready to move forward.

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

”Oh, one quick thing! Ziggy asked us to give this to you!”

Diralynn hands over the Strawberry Machine Cake album.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

As Diralynn hands over Star Sugar Heartlove!, Historia-7 gives the group a long, unreadable stare before calmly respoding, "Very well, I...will enter it into the archives. Anything else?"

Mission Success!

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"Not from me. Should be quick, get the target bring them back."

Korl gives the android a quick salute and shuffles to the back of the group.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

The coordinates that Historia-7 gives the PCs point to an apartment that resembles a cement cube, with several tomato plants in plastic barrels sitting on an otherwise barren porch. As you approach, the plants are being hand-pollinated by a young man with a headset hooked over his ear. As he moves from plant to plant doing his work, he seems to be singing quietly to himself.

Perception DC18:
The young man is singing an off-key rendition of the new Strawberry Machine Cake single.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Zapp would feel tempted to join in the music if he knew the song and what instrument he should imitate. Instead, he strides forward. "You there, lad. There's little time to explain; besides, you already know who I am. It is in everyone's best interest for you to turn over the criminal sequestered here. If they are you, there will be no punishment for stepping forward. They're not in trouble, but we must keep them out of other people's harm's way!"

Intimidate (Veiled Threat): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"It's that new Strawberry Machine Cake song that everyone loves! But yes, my friend here is right. We need to know who's been getting into things they weren't supposed to."

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Korl comes up behind Zapp and stands menacingly, hoping to add to the threat. He simply stands there with his arms crossed looking down at the young man.

Intimidate Aid Another: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

The young man stands straight as the crowd of heavily armed strangers steps into his yard and his eyes immediately go wide. He quickly pulls off his headset so he can hear properly, but appears not to like what he's hearing.

"Wh-wh-what are you talking about?! There's some criminal here? I don't know anything about people getting into stuff they're not supposed to. Wait, did you say someone could be in harm's way?! Oh gods! I gotta tell my gran! GRAAAAANNN!!" The young man turns away from your group and begins walking toward the door of the flat, calling out loudly.

A moment later, a wizened old woman in a blue-and-white abaya steps out through the front door with a confused and irritated expression on her face, "What what what? Quiet down, Jubair! Settle down and tell me what's going on? Who're your friends here?" The elder woman looks the group over with narrowed eyes and stays close to the door.

"I dunno, Gran! They just walked into the yard and said there was a criminal here and someone could be in harm's way and someone got into stuff they shouldn't have and..."

The old woman motions for Jubair to quiet down, "Okay, it's oookay, Jubair. Settle down now. Come on up on the porch here with me and we'll just see what this is all about."

GM Screen:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Jubair's Gran takes a beat to look the group over again with her glasses on and hums to herself, "Hmmm, now let's see here! Ah, you're Starfinders! I can see that emblem on some of your hands there. And...well my stars! If that isn't Zapp Brannigan himself! Why, what's a big shot like you doing here in Drifter's End?! There's no criminals here, least, not unless it just became a crime to grow the ripest tomatoes this end of the Ring!"

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

"Emblem? Stars? Ripe tomatoes?"t/b] Guli shakes his head. [B]"You can't lie to me; someone hacked into bluerise tower from here and we need to talk to them."

Strangely, he didn't seem to have any trouble hearing the briefing from historia-7...

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"Some would say it was fate that brought me here," Zapp says winningly. He is, as always, completely oblivious. "Others might attribute it to the butterfly effect stemming from a head injury, however. I see no reason to quibble."

He lowers his voice slightly, enough so Guli may not hear but the elderly woman still can. "My companion speaks true, if without the requisite tact. We're looking for any leads based on the traced location, that being somewhere around here. Have you seen anything suspicious lately?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (17) + (4) + 7 = 28


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

As Guli lays out the reason for their visit plainly for the old woman, her eyes go wide just like her grandson's had. She recovers quickly, though, and looks up and down the street as she nods back toward the door. "You better come inside," she tells you, "I need to check a few things quickly, but I think I might be able to help you."

The old woman turns to head back inside and calls back over her shoulder, "I'm Ceren by the way, and this is my grandson Jubair."

Once she gets you all inside and seated, she has Jubair bring you some tea, then plugs a line from her comm unit into a well-concealed port behind one of her ears. She runs some diagnostics then gasps. "Gods, you're right! I do have the files! I swear I had no idea, though."

Jubair looks at his grandmother, horrified, and begs for an explanation. After helping the young man settle down, Ceren explains to the group, "I used to be a hacker in my earlier years—one of the best of the best in my field if I do say so myself. Heh heh! All that came to an end though, when my old age brought on a degenerative brain disease, that forced me into retirement.

"I got some augments in my brain that halted the damage and kept me functional, but I still have lapses in memory sometimes, and I'm no longer as capable as I once was. I must've slipped into a younger mindset, performed the hack, and forgotten about it.

"Listen, I honestly don't remember anything about doing this hack, so I'm happy to give you the files, but you gotta help us out in exchange. Since I'm guilty of stealing from Bluerise Tower, it's only a matter of time before corporate security hunts me down, and I have no realistic hope of evading agents in my current state. If you help me fake my death to get me out of the hot water I've landed myself in, though, and if you place Jubair under Society protection, everyone should walk away happy! Well, everyone except the folks at Bluerise. Heh!"

Ceren suddenly stands and begins throwing some things in a knapsack, then pauses to laugh to herself a moment, "I gotta say, despite the circumstances, all this is kind of exciting! Reminds me of my younger days.”

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

Al waves with both hands. "Al is Al! Al understands. She has hacked hacked things things in her sleep sleep. Al hopes she's still a cool hacker lady when she's old, too!"

Al pats her cheeks idly as she thinks. "Al can change records to cover your tracks! She did it for herself, so she's very good at it."

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

"Aye, we'll make ye safe."

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Fake your death? Why, sure, we can do that! I've worked with the coroner's office before; I've got to have some pull!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp looks nonplussed for a moment, but it eventually falls into place. "Understandable. The mind is a sadly fickle thing. If the gods saw fit to restore my memories of a great escape from the Scoured Stars, the Society would be better off. All we can for that is hope, but helping you is in our mortal reach!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"I can barely work a computer now let alone on accident..." Korl mutters under his breath "Still, I guess that's the job so safety it is for you and the boy."

To the group he adds "I'll leave the hacky things to you, if we need a distraction or some muscle, I'm there."

Lack of skills is kiiiiiling me. Can't wait for level 2


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

With your agreement to help her and Jubair, Ceren smiles and takes a seat beside the coffee table you are all sitting around, "Alright, here's what we'll need to do..."

Now starting Operation Body-Swap!

PHASE 1: Death Certificate
Create a convincing paper trail that proves that the woman named Ceren is already dead

"If we're gonna fake my death, we can't just rely on word of mouth, we'll need some records to back it up. Dr. Houndstooth--you said you've worked with the coroner's office before? That's a great place to start! In fact, if you're willing, you could shortcut a lot of this by filing a false report of my death!" Profession check related to a funerary, medical, or security field can file a false death report

"Otherwise, we'll need to either find a corpse that looks somewhat like me and make the resemblance as close as possible. I'm sure you could alter the body in some way to make it more like me. Otherwise, you could just alter the records or pay someone to do it for you so my description matches the corpse." Disguise or Medicine check to alter the corpse, also requiring a bribe to a coroner to obtain the corpse, or another creative solution. You might be able to trick a mortician into believing you are grieving relatives with a Bluff check, for example. To alter the records yourselves, you could also attempt a Computers check.

PHASE 2: New Identity
Succeed in at least 3 of the checks below to create a solid legal persona for Ceren

"Now, once you've established that "Ceren" is dead, you'll need to give me a new identity of some kind so I can, you know, go on living. You should start by setting up a new alias for me..." Which can be accomplished with a Bluff, Culture, or Disguise check

"After that, you'll need to establish some allies and contacts for this new person. Nobody exists in a vacuum! Well, unless you're sarcesian or something..." Diplomacy check to establish contacts

"I'll need a new job too. Sorry, Jubair, I know you love tending the tomatoes, but we're gonna have to find a new trade if we don't want the folks at Blue Rise Tower coming down on our heads. Let's make sure this new job isn't too dangerous though, alright? After all, I'm still an old lady!" Profession check in any field can pull strings to get Ceren a new job

"Last thing should just be some different identification papers. Al, you should be able to hack into some of the station's systems to gin those up, right?" Computers check to forge new IDs for Ceren and Jubair.

"Well, that should be about it! If you can get at least a few things done out of all that, Jubair and I should be just fine. Tell you what, I'll get Jubair somewhere safe--I still have a few contacts that could help us out for a bit--then I'll meet you lot to make sure everything is wrapped up. Let's say we meet at the bridge in Jatembe Park in about...6 hours? Perfect! Thank you all so much!"

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

"She wants us to have a new identity prepared in six hours?" Zapp says incredulously as Ceren leaves. "Foolish. I'll - We'll have it done in far less, leaving room to scour this hovel for snacks."

Soon enough, he's on the line with an agency he's had some contact with. "Hello, you know who this is. What? No, you have the wrong number! Oh, Mr. Manager. If you'd be so kind, I have a friend who's settling in here, in need of some networking..." His prattle continues on. He has found that others tend to yield favors following exposure to him, but then promptly terminate the conversation.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + (2) + 7 = 14

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

”Look, the coroner owes me a really big favor; I’m sure I can get some kind of documentation for you!”

Profession (doctor): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Dataphiles

SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0(low-light), SM: +0 | Speed 30ft Verthani

"Al will alter records! You should pick a cool new name, or many cool new names! Al picked Alejandro Xuanzang Roimata Atieno Erzebet le Fay for herself. People say Alejandro is a boy's name, but Al is a girl, so they are wrong!"

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

"I'll help!"

Only, Xeeter has no idea what to do here. Then he realizes.... He has contacts via his old life with the crime family that he used to work for, back on the Casino.

Untrained Culture on Crime Connections, Outlaw Theme: 1d20 ⇒ 14
My theme reduces the DC on underworld stuff by 5, which gives me a 15 total. That should be enough to remember the Vat Garden.

"Um... I'm no doctor. And I'm lousy with computers... BUT I do know a place where a lot of corpses are buried, and they have the best veggies in town! Have you guys been to the Vat Garden? I bet they'd give us a convincing looking body!"

Suggests the ysoki-run corpse dumping ground and farm known as the Vat Garden.

"You seem like the observant sort." Xeeter says to Ceren. "I bet you would make a pretty good card dealer. Have you ever tried it?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


I am the tool of the GM

Click. Whirr.

BOTTING GULI

"Card sharking? Nay, lad, this is a lady who can work with tools. Want to try it, Ceren?"

Profession Tinkerer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

"I could probably pull some strings with a few corps I've run security for, I'll make some vid-calls. They should be able to help out with some documentation and maybe a nice desk job."

Call 1: Try a merc contact for new documentation
Prof(Mercenary): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Call 2: Try a merc contact for new job
Prof(Mercenary): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Diralynn, Al, and Xeeter work together seamlessly to procure a feasible corpse that could stand in for Ceren, file a death report for Ceren, matching that corpse's description, and create digital records that back up the report. All in all, they manage to perfectly fake Ceren's death.

With that done, all that remains is for our heroes to establish a whole new life for the ex-hacker. It turns out, many of you have ideas for a new job she could move into, and you feel confident that, based on that, everything else will fall into place!

Despite Zapp's boast, it ended up taking you almost the full six hours to make the necessary arrangements for Ceren's new life, and you arrive in Jatembe Park almost exactly on time.

Open to all citizens, Jatembe Park occupies a wide portion of the Eye of Absalom Station. Filled with lush trees and open grass fields, the park offers some natural terrain to the otherwise metal-clad station. Ceren’s meeting point is one such forested portion of the park, specifically a spot often ignored by citizens due to the winding path required to reach it.

Just as you are rounding the last of the twists in the path, you catch sight of Ceren, standing alone on a bridge crossing over a quiet stream in the park. She sees you and smiles, then suddenly looks alarmed as she appears to hear something behind her. She turns around and all of you notice a group of rough looking people wearing tattered jackets over their armor emerging from the trees.

"A'right, lady, time fer you ta come wid us," one of the gangers calls out. "Ya messed wit da wrong people, and now dey wanna have a little talk!"

The men walk down the path on the opposite side of the bridge, moving toward Ceren as she stands frozen on the bridge.

What do you do?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter goes hyper! He runs forward towards the thugs, and inserts himself between them and Ceren!

"Hello Nufriends! Want to play a game?"

He hopefully shuffles cards from one hand to another.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp follows suit, though without the speed. On the off chance the thugs don't want to play cards, he interjects. The heroic speech is dampened somewhat by the fact he hasn't yet made it past Ceren.

"There'll be no talking to this winsome lady! As you can see, she is under the protection of me! Among other members of the Starfinder Society. And as per our motto, we do the following: Explore! Report! Concentrate fire!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn joins her friends on the bridge. ”No one around here is going anywhere they don’t want to!”

Can someone move Diralynn up for me?

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl and Diralynn move up with Xeeter.

"You may want to listen to my friends here." He holds up a hand as black energy starts to crackle around it. "We'll be leaving, if you don't mind."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

The lead ganger's face darkens as you all rush forward to insert yourselves between them and their target, "You jus lost your chance ta leave in one piece, chubana! Take dem out, boys!"

INITIATIVE:
Guli: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Korl: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
AI: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Xeeter: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Zapp: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Diralynn: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Ganger 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Ganger 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Ganger 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

INITIATIVE
Bridgeside Ambush - Round 1
Bold may act!
Al
Zwei

Ganger 1 (Yellow)
Ganger 2 (Green)
Korl
Ganger 3 (Blue)
Zapp
Xeeter
Gully
Diralynn


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Botting Al and Zwei

Al skips forward merrily, singing a little tune, while Zwei trots ahead at her side. "Root, boot, shoot the bad guys!"

As the verthani and her drone take up positions on either side of Ceren, Zwei opens its mouth and sends an icy pellet at the blue ganger.

Zwei hail pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Gangers

Both the yellow and green gangers draw their pistols and fire shots at the Starfinders who have gotten between them and the target of their contract.

GM Rolls:
1 Xeeter, 2 Diralynn, 3 Korl: 2d3 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Yellow @ target: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Green @ target: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

For some reason, both gangers focus their fire on Diralynn. Only one of the shots connects, however, and her medical expertise helps her realize after the initial shock, that the damage is not lethal.

Diralynn takes 2 points of non-lethal electricity damage!

INITIATIVE
Bridgeside Ambush - Round 1
Bold may act!
Al
Zwei
Ganger 1 (Yellow)
Ganger 2 (Green)
Korl
Ganger 3 (Blue) (-1)
Zapp
Xeeter
Gully
Diralynn (-2)

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Korl moves up and into the face of the thug with the yellow glasses, forming his weapon as he does.

"You mean you lost yours!"

Korl smashes him in the face.

Solar weapon v KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Dmg(B): 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7

Move: Move up to melee, form weapon as part of action.
Standard: Attack w/ Solar Weapon
Attune: 1 photon
Dmg roll should be +1, forgot to add the photon dmg again


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Korl's solar weapon hums with energy as it strikes the yellow-bespectacled attacker, who growls with pain and fury as the weapon comes home.

With equal fury, the ganger suffering a bit of frostbite from Zwei's shot turns his attention to Korl, who seems to be the most immediate threat, and fires a shot.

GM Screen:
Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The bolt of electrical energy catches Korl in the side, causing some significant discomfort, but nothing the vesk can't handle.

Korl takes 4 points of non-lethal electricity damage!

INITIATIVE
Bridgeside Ambush - Round 1
Bold may act!
Al
Zwei
Ganger 1 (Yellow) (-7)
Ganger 2 (Green)
Korl (-4)
Ganger 3 (Blue) (-1)
Zapp
Xeeter
Gully
Diralynn (-2)

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp takes aim at the bluish ganger who shot Korl. "Show this fool the error of his ways!"

Azimuth Laser, Get 'Em, fatigue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Diralynn joins Korl to attack yellow!

Ember Flame doshko: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
sizzle!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Both Zapp and Diralynn land solid hits on their targets. With the power behind her swing, the flames of Diralynn's doshko incapacitate the yellow ganger!

INITIATIVE
Bridgeside Ambush - Round 1 / Round 2
Bold may act!
Al
Zwei

Ganger 1 (Yellow) (unconscious)
Ganger 2 (Green)
Korl (-4)
Ganger 3 (Blue) (-4)
Zapp
Xeeter
Guli

Diralynn (-2)


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Would anybody care to bot Xeeter, Guli, and Al/Zwei?

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

trying to get caught up on all my games, but since getting back I've had some personal stuff come up as well. I will try to post before I go to bed. I may be able to bot the other two as well if no one else has by then

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

Guli moves into the bridge and draws his tactical plasma bolter.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Xeeter, AI, and Zwei concentrate their fire (well, bullets, electricity, and ice). They focus on the less occupied target, directed by a certain dashing rogue.

All attacks on Blue, with Get 'Em.

Merciful Aeon Rifle: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Pulsecaster Pistol: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Hail Pistol: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Though Xeeter misses with her rifle, both Al and Zwei are able to find their target.

The remaining gangers don't take the attack lying down, though, and the green-jacketed thug turns his weapon once again on Korl.

GM Screen:
Pulsecaster: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The vesk easily dodges the pitiful shot, and stands ready to advance!

INITIATIVE
Bridgeside Ambush - Round 2
Bold may act!
Al
Zwei
Ganger 2 (Green)
Korl (-4)
Ganger 3 (Blue) (-8)
Zapp
Xeeter
Guli
Diralynn (-2)

Exo-Guardians

Male Vesk Solarian/1|SP 8/8|HP 13/13|RP 3/3|Init 1|KAC 17|EAC 15|Fort 3|Ref 1|Will 2

Not one to shy away from a fight, Korl steps into the face of green, swinging his solar fist weapon as he does.

Solar weapon v KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Dmg(B): 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 13
Crit: 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 13
Critical Effect: Push(5ft)

Move: Move up to melee, form weapon as part of action.
Standard: Attack w/ Solar Weapon
Attune: 2 photon

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Thanks for the bot!


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors | The Commencement | Portent's Peril

Though the jacketed thug had appeared human, when Korl's solar fist smashes into him, the vesk quickly discovers that he must've actually been an astrozoan. Otherwise the spongy pink chunks that splattered all across the trees in this part of Jatembe Park would be quite unusual!

That is one DEAD ganger!

With his compatriots down, the remaining ganger shows a remarkable degree of stupidity bravery as he raises his weapon and, screaming for vengeance, fires twice at Korl!

GM Screen:
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5 1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 4 = 20 1d4 ⇒ 4

Though the first shot is way off target, the surviving thug gets lucky with his second attack, and Korl finds himself almost feeling like that actually hurt.

That's 4 more points of non-lethal electricity damage against Korl!

INITIATIVE
Bridgeside Ambush - Round 2/Round 3
Bold may act!
Ganger 3 (Blue) (-8)
Zapp
Xeeter
Guli
Diralynn (-2)
Al
Zwei
Korl (-8)

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Envoy 1 | SP 7/7 | HP 9/10 | RP 3/4 | EAC 12, KAC 13, CMD 21 | Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2 | Init +1 | Perception +4 | Conditions: Fatigued, Himself

Zapp looks a bit unnerved at the sight of an exploding ganger, but takes it in stride. He points the vesk and everyone else at the last foe with his laser.

Azimuth Laser, Get 'Em: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

Male LN dwarf priest of Talavet mechanic 1 | SP 7 HP 12 | RP 3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +1; +2 vs. poisons, spells, and spell-like abilities | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +1, darkvision 60ft. | Speed 20ft | combat tracking

Guli approaches and fires.

Tactical Plasma Bolter, attack, get em: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
energy, fire: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Exo-Guardians

"Dr. Diralynn Houndstooth" Female CG dwarf mercenary mystic 2 | SP 11/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/3 | EAC 16; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLAs) | Init: +2 | Perc: +7, SM: +7; darkvision 60ft | Speed 20ft | CHealing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Dirlaynn moves in to attack Blue, as directed!

Ember Flame doshko, get 'em: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
sizzle!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

820-707 Male Skittermander Outlaw Xenodruid Mystic 2 | SP 12/12 HP 14/14 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +3; Will +6 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +8 | Speed 30ft | Hyper 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: Fatigued.

Xeeter also shoots at Blue!

Boom! (Boomer Rifle): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Sonic Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

151 to 200 of 333 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS / OSP] GM Mjolbeard's 1-01 The Commencement All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.