GM Batpony's Glass River Rescue (Low Tier) (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

For dotting

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Aulurius sits calmly in wait, his hands buried in the fur of his faithful companion, Huntress. He warily eyes everyone he sees, looking for whoever it was he was supposed to meet here.

"I really hope were not as early as we were to our last appointment, Huntress," he mutters as he strokes the massive tiger's stomach where she lazily sprawled on the ground.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Sulana fidgets while she waits. She doesn't try to talk to anyone, because being the first to walk up to someone and start a conversation would be too much for her nerves right now.

This is it, Sulana. Your first mission. Don't screw this up!

The Exchange

Male CN Human Rogue (Knife Master) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Gariath quietly sits alone in the corner, trying to see most of the room. He is uneasy and continuously scans the room for possible threats.

This is my time to prove myself, and earn some quick cash, what could be better?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

Bahram walks into the waiting area and stops in the middle of the room. He nervously hefts his great axe in his right hand as he glances around the room as if suddenly just noticing everyone. He gives a half grin and nods to everyone individually.

"Hello my friends."

Gah! Have to remember to post under the correct alias.

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

The dwarf mumbles something in druidic to Huntress

"Is focal láidir é an cara do dhaoine ar bhuail tú leo..."

Druidic:
"Friend is a strong word for people you just met..."

He stands and motions to Huntress to do the same with a hand signal. "Well met. I'm Aulurius. I take it you, miss fidget, an' the quiet one o'r there were summoned here, same as me?" As Aulurius speaks, he motions to the others before taking an uneasy stance in front of the half-orc with a great axe.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Mortified at being called out, Sulana forces herself to stop fidgeting. "Um, yes. At least I assume we're all here for the same reason. I mean, I suppose we could have been called here for different reasons, but that seems unlikely at best, and-"

Stop rambling!

Cutting herself off awkwardly, she pauses before managing to finish. "I'm Sulana. It's...nice to meet you all".

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Turning to address Sulana, Aulurius offers an open hand and a small smile. "No offense meant, Sulana, I jus' dinnae know what to call you. I spend more time with this lass than in what you would call normal society, so I'm honestly surprised ma voice works 't all." Aulurius scratches Huntress behind the ears with his other hand while she purrs loudly.

Now addressing the group, he adds, "Well, we're all hunkered 'round the same spot, all waiting on something, so I'll be blunt. Pathfinder Society business? Waitin' ta meet whoe'r's runnin' the show an' five other agents?"

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu/Humanoid CG Tengu Ninja 1 HP:11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:14 | Saves F:+2 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+5 | Per:+6 low-light vision | Ninja 1

Stepping out of the shadows observing Auluris and sulana "I thought I heard some voices"

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

In terms of Post Format, I'm pretty relaxed, but the general consensus is:

[b ]Bold for character speech[/b ]
[i ]Italics for character thoughts[/I ]
Regular text for In play story
[ooc ]Light blue for out of character stuff.[/ ooc]

Gameplay will begin on 4th of May! Feel free to peruse the gameplay thread till then...

The Exchange

Male CN Human Rogue (Knife Master) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Gariath turns towards the others, nodding his head.
It appears we are here for the same reason. About that, anyone know what this business is exactly?

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 3|HP 27:27|AC:19, T:16, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+5, ref+9, Will+3|Init +6|Perc+8,+9 traps|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/3

Into the room walks a pile of equipment with legs sticking out of the bottom. The walking pile approaches one of the room's chairs and starts shedding items. Slowly the form of a slender brown haired halfling male emerged.
"Oh, hey, I didn't mean to interrupt. Just did a little shopping that's all. Don't mind me." The halfling continues to sort and stuff things away in a pack.
"My name is Tanbu, by the way. Glad to be working with you all."

cloak of protection +1, potion of cure light wounds, small mitral short sword. 1000g, 50g, and 500g respectively.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Sulana shakes Aulurius' hand with a small smile of her own. "No offense taken. I'm just...not good with people. Much better with animals actually." She looks at the white tiger, her smile growing a bit wider. "She's beautiful. How'd you meet her?"

Turning to Gariath, she shakes her head. "I'm not sure. I was just told to come here and wait for further instructions."


Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 1 HP:6/11 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 (19 v trip) | Saves F:+4 R:+6 W:+2 | Init:+3 | Per:+6 scent | | Default Trick: Defend | Current Conditions:

The massive tiger sniffs at Sulana's hand before pushing into it with her head, purring quite loudly, before retreating back to Aulurius' side, avoiding everyone else where possible.

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

"I can tell, Huntress here doesn't take to many folk like that. When I was... err.. When I left my birthplace, I struck out to live in the jungle at the base of the mountain I ventured from. She happened upon my camp one night looking for food, and if I dinna know better, I'd swear she was a house cat." The dwarf smiles fondly under his shorter-than-average beard. "Though you, birdman, might wan' ta watch yer feathers. She has a thing for catching birds, and we've never been around Tengu before." Aulurius advises, motioning to Axe.

Aulurius chuckles as he catches sight of Tanbu. "Oi! Glad to see someone so prepared."

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu/Humanoid CG Tengu Ninja 1 HP:11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:14 | Saves F:+2 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+5 | Per:+6 low-light vision | Ninja 1

Looking back at Aulurius I better stock up on some of Huntress favorite food dont want to become a snack while on our mission

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"My name is Bahram Al-Urgug." He says in Alurius' direction as he moves over to the pile of equipment.
"Tanbu, you do look ever so prepared. Do you perhaps know what you are preparing for? It sounds as if we are all in the dark and could stand to have the sun scorch us a bit."

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 3|HP 27:27|AC:19, T:16, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+5, ref+9, Will+3|Init +6|Perc+8,+9 traps|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/3

"I am just preparing g in general terms. You know like making sure I can handle difficult situations." "Swarms, undead, and such are always a possibility." "Plus I got fishing hooks. I am catching me an alligator gar."
He sighs and continues."Sadly I don't have specifics other than a boat trip may be in our future."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"A boat trip you say? That is interesting. I wonder where we could be going. Quite fortunate that my armor is rather buoyant!". He exclaims as the thought suddenly pops into his head as he taps on the wooden plates sewn into his leather jerkin.

"Be sure to keep this pack stowed away properly once in board. I'd hate to see it go overboard. Let me know if you need help with it. It seems to be rather cumbersome.". With that, he pats Tanbu on the shoulder and walks over to meet the other two.

"Did you hear? Tanbu believes we will be traveling by boat" Bahram pursed his lips at the end of this declaration and looks quizzically at Huntres.

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Huntress gives Bahram an uncomfortably long stare in return.

"Well, Dwarves sink like stone. So iffin there's water involved, I certainly hope a boat is as well."

Aulurius turns towards Axe and asks, "What should we call ye? I dinnae think you'd much like being called birdman or tengu all the time. And I tease about Huntress. She prefers to hunt her own food anyway, and I haven't seen her hunt anythin' that walks about two legs." He raises his voice to address everyone. "Let her get a smell of ye if anyone's concerned."

The dwarf then leans in to speak softly to Huntress, "Cuimhnich air na rinn sinn."

Druidic:
"Remember what we've practiced."

If anyone's looked terribly close at my character sheet before this morning, I took the Menhir Savant archetype after speaking with our GM.

The Exchange

Male CN Human Rogue (Knife Master) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Gariath strolls over to Aulurius and sticks out his hand to be smelled.
Better safe than sorry. Name’s Gariath by the way.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"Sulana, Gariath, it is very nice to meet the both of you. It seems that we might be getting to know one another quite well, if we are to be confined to a boat for some time. I wonder if we are to be a guard escort for someone, or something? Bahram turns to each of the individuals in turn as he speaks, bending down to allow Huntress to smell after he has finished.

We are each one of us different in our own way. Not one of them has seemed troubled by my heritage of put off by my strange dress or accent. Perhaps I can finally put "Jack" to rest, and just be Bahram.
I believe that I will enjoy this trip.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Sulana grins when Huntress nuzzles her hand. The presence of the big cat plus Aulurius' calm demeanor help settle her nerves, and she's much more confident as she addresses the rest of the group. "All anyone's heard so far is that there might be a boat trip? Maybe we can figure out more based on our various skillsets. I'm an archer, obviously." She gestures to the bow on her back. "I'm also pretty good at fending for myself in the wilderness. How about the rest of you?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

Nodding approvingly at Sulana's bow, Bahram gives Sulana his undivided attention as she takes the floor. "It is very fortunate that we have an archer on board a ship. Your skills at range may prove to be a deterrent to any river pirates we may encounter. I, myself, prove to be a bit of a mixed bag. I am an archaeologist by trade, so I try to prepare myself for anything that I may encounter." Bahram hefts his greataxe. "Obviously, I have this for when one does not listen to reason. I am also adept at getting into places one ought not to be."

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

"I... err..." The dwarf heaves a sigh and shifts awkwardly before he begins again, "This never gets any easier. Y'see lass, my skills were borne of a hobby, and that hobby got me run out of my birthplace, so forgive me for my awkwardness. I call to the powers of nature to cast magic. Where I'm from, people dinnae much care for plants and animals, only stone. I'm also half decent with a scimitar, and my eyes are keen."

He inhales deeply, as if he said this all with one breath. It takes him a few moments to relax back into his normal, calm demeanor. "I'm workin' on getting comfortable with my talents around others, I swear."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

Bahram's expression softens as he takes this in. "Hmm. I was cast out of my home as well, in a way. My own mother sent me away to protect me from those who thought that I did not belong among them. Of course she made it sound like a grand mission...I hope to be able to return home some day to honor her sacrifices. looking away, talking more to himself, Or perhaps I am bound to be a Pathfinder.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

First thing I request of everyone for the game is to update my GM reference cheat sheet on the Maps & Handouts Google slides linked on my header, and also at the top of this thread. Thank you and let the Games begin.

You begin your journey in a tavern in the Druman capital of Kerse, where you were told that you would receive a missive from the esteemed Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin. A little grumpy looking gnome walks in and throws the parchments saying something muffled under his voice and immediately leaves.

Refer to handouts pg 2!

Later on in the day, you find yourself seated in an opulent parlor, part of the manor home of Temel Passad. Served the finest Chelish wine and delicate sweetmeats, you sit patiently for a few moments before your host arrives.

Two silent servants open a pair of richly lacquered doors, and a human and two dwarves stride into the lavish parlor. The man, clad in immaculate robes of whitest silk, is short and round with a blond oiled beard, and his eyes are alert and amused. He takes a touch of snuff from a golden box and sneezes before saying, “It is a pleasure to welcome Pathfinders to one of my estates once more. I am, as you may know, Temel Passad. Allow me to introduce—”

One of the two dwarves, a redheaded female in deep scarlet robes, curtly interrupts the man. “We can introduce ourselves, Passad. I am Metella Raugar, representing the interests of several Highhelm mercantile consortia. My companion”—she gestures to a dwarven man with leathery skin baked by the sun, his head swathed in a bright yellow scarf—“is Amauhak of Reth Bezel, a mystic of the sand dwarves of Osirion.”

NPC portraits are also on slides. Pg3. You may perhaps have question about your mission at this time to the fine folk in front of you.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

Bahram stares for a moment too long at Amauhak before regaining his composure. "It is our pleasure to work with you, Temel Passad. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Bahram Al-Urgug, and I am at your service. We hope this can be the beginning of a gainful relationship with you and your house and the Pathfinders." Bahram bows to Temel and turns to the two dwarves. "This must be very exciting, no? A lost Sky Citadel! I cannot begin to imagine what this must mean to dwarves such as yourselves. I am delighted to be on this journey with you." Bahram says with a genuine smile as he nodes deeply to Metella and Anauhak. "Amauhak, I feel as if we may have a few other things in common to discuss as well, such as the sand that can still be found in my shoes. Haha."

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Why did it have to be Dwarves?

Aulurius nods as his companion speaks. When finished, he introduces himself, and speaks as if to everyone in the room. "Ah'm Aulurius. It is a pleasure to be working with important folk such as yerselves. I'd like to pose a couple of questions openly to all of you. What do you know of Razmiri priests that have taken these folks in the letter prisoner? Do we know if any of those captured are of particular interest to the priests?"

The dwarf then turns to direct a question to Temel. Mr. Passad, might I ask what sort of boat you are offering to take us North? I dinnae ken if a large, obvious ship would receive a mighty warm welcome."

While eating, he makes sure Huntress gets her share of meat off of his plate.

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 3|HP 27:27|AC:19, T:16, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+5, ref+9, Will+3|Init +6|Perc+8,+9 traps|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/3

"Very pleased to meet you all." "I am Tanbu Yull, a journeyman pathfinder, at your service. Tanbu also bows slightly to both groups, Passad and the two dwarves.

"First let me say I am sorry that the Razmari Zealots choose your emmessaries to detain." "We hope to help you find them quickly and get them back on their way to Mendev."
"Second, Mr. Passad, thank you for providing a boat as transportation for this undertaking. You are most helpful and our society thanks you as well."

knowledge local on Kalastocrats: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
knowledge local on Razmarans: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"Is there any other useful information, Ms. Raugar, that you can tell about the emmessaries? Anything that the Razmari might have wanted from them or their belongings?"

"Mr. Passad, have similar situations happened to other people along the river of which you have heard. Is it common for people to be captured in Razmari waters and land like this?"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Upon entering Sulana gapes a little at the opulence of the home. She simply cannot imagine how much gold must have been spent on the furnishings. Or the food, for that matter. What even is most of this stuff?

Once their hosts enter, she hangs back and lets her companions do the talking. They're asking the same questions she would have anyway. It does seem rude not to at least introduce herself, but it also seems rude to interrupt...

She waits for what seems to be an appropriate lull in the conversation before jumping in. "I'm Sulana. Thank you for your hospitality." Curt and a bit inane, but it would have to do.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Tanbu, hold on your Kn. check, I'll resolve them shortly after the introductions.

Metella responses with a somewhat uptight manner, "Well met Pathfinders, Yes finding is most exciting for Dwarves everywhere but our people must come first! Three dwarves were taken in this unfortunate circumstance, Rakuska Imgardam, a well-known Five Kings diplomat and devotee of Torag; Holfist Sendstrom of Taggoret; and Pechas Domri—like Amauhak, a Pahmet dwarf of Osirion. All are valued for their strategic and military acumen..."

Passad then immediately cuts her off attempting to get in on the conversation, "...And as you might already know, all other faiths are prohibited in the nation, though foreign priests are tolerated as long as they are not proselytizing and just passing through. All nonresidents are subject to sundry tariffs and unannounced inspections. In short, this uptight state could do anything they want, anyone could be persecuted for anything really, just their mere presence is a risk!”

"Ayy, we don't know the reasons why our brethren where captured..." Metella grumbles and sighs.

"As for a ship, I own several trading vessels. Some befitting for a river journey, hopefully that way we won't bring too much attention to ourselves." Temel reponses to Aulurius' earlier inquiry.

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu/Humanoid CG Tengu Ninja 1 HP:11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:14 | Saves F:+2 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+5 | Per:+6 low-light vision | Ninja 1

Also waits for everybody introducing themself "Hello my name is Axe Zazu very nice to meet everyone" also bows down to Temel
"Whats this I hear of a boat ride is there any supply we need to bring along"

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Aulurius clears his throat loudly as Temel and Metella keep interrupting each other. "It may be none of my business, but the two of ye seem to be competing for a 'who can talk more' award. Pardon my bluntness, but is there anything between you two we should know about before we embark?"

I want to get a hunch on how truthful their answers are.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5
GM Batpony wrote:

"All nonresidents are subject to sundry tariffs and unannounced inspections. In short, this uptight state could do anything they want, anyone could be persecuted for anything really, just their mere presence is a risk!”

"Ayy, we don't know the reasons why our brethren where captured..." Metella grumbles and sighs.

Sulana frowns slightly at this explanation. "I can't imagine they kidnap every foreign individual that passes through. Ask for bribes, sure, but Raskuska's message indicated that they paid those bribes. There must be something the emissaries know that the Razmiri want to learn."

Addressing Passad, she adds "If we can't determine what specifically might have caused the Razmiri to kidnap the previous group of emissaries, we have to assume that the current group of emissaries might also be in danger. Does one of your trading vessels have a spot for, um, 'special' cargo? Someplace Metella and Amauhak could hide and not be found if the boat were inspected? Possibly Aulurius too, if we think the Razmiri might be on the lookout for any dwarves."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

"Perhaps, but we know not the situation. And with regards to supplies, basic amenities and food will be available. But if you need to make any purchases, please hurry, we have little time to waste. Also, I have several large empty barrels aboard the ship in the main hold. It could easily befit the lot if need be." Temel responds confidently but ends a little bit more light-hearted . "With regards to my relationship with Metella, we're simply business rivals."

Metella scoffs.

Aulurius probably feels they aren't hiding anything.

If you like to make last minute purchases, the time is now! Also during this downtime, you have the ability to learn a bit more about the Razmiran state. Kn. History or Kn. Religion is applicable, if you exceed the DC, you may read the respective spoilers.

15+:
Razmir, known as the Lord of the 31 Steps, claims to have taken the Test of the Starstone and ascended to divinity. He appeared before the people of Xer in the Duchy of Melcat 52 years ago and now acts as both sovereign and god of those captured lands.

20+:
It is no secret that the Razmiri clergy rely more on bullying than on divine miracles, often exploiting travelers to fill the church’s coffers. The regular patrols of faithful enforcers searching for dissension has resulted in the paranoia that runs throughout the government and the populace. Any friendliness from a native is cause for suspicion.

25+:
While not all citizens of Razmiran worship the living god, none would admit as much publicly, especially to outsiders who may be undercover clergy.

30+:
A few scholars who have observed the faithful of Razmir performing healing magic claim that the divine magic functions in an abnormal way, different from that granted by other gods. A handful of sages speculate that Razmir’s claim of divinity is questionable, but there is no evidence to prove that he is anything but all-powerful.

Tanbu, kn. local would not be appropriate at this time since you're a still away from Razmiran, most of the people here do not know much off it.

Kalistocrats are those that follow the prophecy of Kalistrade. The prophecy states that it followers must adhere to strict rules about diet and sex and must also wear only white and wear gloves to prevent contact with those outside of the cult. The prophecies' main tenet is that one must attain personal wealth in order to justify one's worth in the celestial order. This belief means displays of wealth are prominent amongst the citizens of Druma and often gaudy in the extreme as Temel has demonstrated.

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Aulurius sighs and looks to his companions.

I'm all set.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

kn hist: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
kn religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Jittery with a bit of excitement, but still completely unsure of what to expect, Bahram looks around at guys new companions.

"I believe that I am as ready as I am going to be. Metella, Amauhak, I presume you are ready as well? Sulana, I think that we can count on these Razmiri quacks to stop us and try to fill their coffers on our account.". Bahram pats his great axe. "We will need to be ready!"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

”I’m ready to go.”

Grand Lodge

Male Tengu/Humanoid CG Tengu Ninja 1 HP:11/11 | AC:16 T:13 FF:13 | CMB:+1 CMD:14 | Saves F:+2 R:+5 W:+1 | Init:+5 | Per:+6 low-light vision | Ninja 1

"Let's head out"

The Exchange

Male CN Human Rogue (Knife Master) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Gariath stands.
Let’s get this show on the boat.

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 3|HP 27:27|AC:19, T:16, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+5, ref+9, Will+3|Init +6|Perc+8,+9 traps|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/3

"Fine, I won't get the fishing net. I can just use the silk rope." "So...I am good to go also." "Let's go find those dwarves."

Tanbu adjusts some things between pockets in his pack, stands, and shoulders it.

"This aught to be fun."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

You board the Abacus, a modest craft with a few hired hands. Quiet and efficient sailors under Passad's service. The journey takes you towards the mouth of the river uneventful, but you immediately see Metella and Temel argue as they enter Razmiri waters.

"As the proprietor of this vessel, I think it's in our best interest to dock by Xer and pay the tolls, if we abide by the local custom, we will help ourselves avoid unwanted attention. Perhaps even throw an extra coin or two to ensure safe passage with papers!"

Metella interjects, "Nawh, Nawh, Nawh, that'll give those niwits a chance to search our hold! We cannot take that risk! We should avoid them and take our chances with the faith barges!"

Both faces turn to the party to hope to settle this argument.

Pathfinders, it is up to you to decide! I typically go for majority rules, first 3 votes takes it. You are free to ask questions, debate prior to making your decision.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

"Passad, I suppose you have traveled this route before. If we stop at Xer to pay the toll, will they search the hold? Also, I am assuming that if we don't pay the toll, we will be attacked by any of these 'faith barges' we encounter. How many are we likely to see during this mission?"

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

"My men have never given the Razmirin's a reason to be suspicious, and they've never search my hold to date! The patrols are unpredictable, sometimes none, sometimes you'll pass 4 to 5 of them..." Temel responds with regards to Sulana's queries.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

Stoking his shirt pointy beard, Bahram listen as Sulana speaks and nods,
"Didn't the previous three envoys also pay their way only to be attacked? It seems as if this would not insure safe passage for us either. Unless of course, they were after these dwarves the entire time for some reason. Perhaps we could hide the dwarves in the empty barrels and pay these tolls, hoping for the best? I assume that we have some false purpose for coming this way that we can still to these tolls keepers?"

The Exchange

Male CN Human Rogue (Knife Master) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Gariath picks his nails with one of his many daggers. “I prefer to keep as much gold as I can. I’m also fairly confident that we can or at least I can handle just about anything. I say we skip the toll and run the risk.”

Grand Lodge

NG male halfling UC rogue 3|HP 27:27|AC:19, T:16, FF:14|CMD15|Fort+5, ref+9, Will+3|Init +6|Perc+8,+9 traps|20' Speed|Low-light halfling Rogue (unchained)/3

"Darned if you do and darned if you don't." "I say we flip a coin, 'Heads' we stop and pay, 'Tails' we run the blockage."
Tanbu tries to keep a straight face while completing the statement.
"Seriously, both options are problematic. There are lots of unknowns and uncontrolled variables. Luck will be needed for both."
He thinks for a while, then states, "I am a better liar then fighter. We could try a ruse, like say we have sickness among the crew on our vessel. It might keep them from searching us and we might get to pay the toll from the middle of the river."

The Exchange

Male CN Human Rogue (Knife Master) 1 | HP 7/10 | AC 16 T 14 FF 12 | CMB +4, CMD 14 | F: +2, R: +5, W: +0 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Gariath nods his head and thinks for a moment. “Yes, yes. That sounds like a grand idea. We avoid the search and I guess make are way legally through. I’m on board for the ruse.”

1 to 50 of 368 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony's Glass River Rescue All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.