GM Elberion's Broken Chains

Game Master GeraintElberion

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 837 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Marshall Trellis looks over her spectacles and grunts disapprovingly, "And this is your squad, is it?"

dot and delete, Talons: you know the drill!

Liberty's Edge

male Rngr 6/Barb 1 HP 67 | AC 20; Touch 12; FF 19 | F +10; R +7; W +5 | CMB +11; CMD 23 | Speed 40 ft | Init +1 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Ranger/Barbarian

Dot

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor looks like a human in his twenties with auburn hear and green eyes. He is very thin and looks quite weak but agile.

He wears light mithral armor, has a rapier at his hip that is attached to his wrist with a very fine chain and wears loose clothing.

Under his clothing sometimes the holy symbol of Chaldira is visible.

* * *

"It is a pleasure meeting you. You might have already met one of my siblings. My name is Andor ... Andor Katsu at your service..."

Dark Archive

Female N Elf Psychic 5 | HP 32/32| AC 15 T 12 FF 10 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs enchantments) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 5/5 | Active conditions: None.4

An elderly elven woman joins the group, spritely despite her years.

"Lovely to see you, dears."

She sweeps her tattered travel cloak aside and settles into a chair, waiting to hear more of their mission from Marshall Trellis.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

”Greetings. “

Says the heavily bearded human wearing leather armor covered in many pouches and bottles. He puffs on a pipe as he listens to the report. He has a long spear propped against the wall and a dagger at his belt.

”Xim, Roderick Xim that is. At your service.
And indeed this appears to be the place and we undoubtedly are the team. So the question remains is ‘Why are we here?’ “

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor bows to Xim as is usual in Tian culture.

”It is definitely a pleasure to meet you Xim! Very good question!“

Andor then turns to the venerable Elven woman and bows again.

”Lady, may I ask your name as well?“

Liberty's Edge

male Rngr 6/Barb 1 HP 67 | AC 20; Touch 12; FF 19 | F +10; R +7; W +5 | CMB +11; CMD 23 | Speed 40 ft | Init +1 | Perc +12 | Stealth: +6 Ranger/Barbarian

A tall Ulfen man with an axe slung across his back enters the room.

"Greetings...I've heard we're bound for the southern lands to deal with some slavers."

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

The bearded man takes a long drag on his pipe before exhaling a cloud of smoke.

Aye, so it seems. Indeed, I have witnessed the maliciousness of slavers most of my youth. But back in the climes of Cheliax.

His eyes look distant, then he smiles.

Had the opportunity to go back about a year ago and had some success freeing a few slaves from their oppressors. Very refreshing.
Slavers are detestable scum.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, I'm there too.

A blonde dwarfess, her hair braided on the sides of her head, wearing a blue dress over her armor, enters the room

My name is Brallenera

Dark Archive

Female N Elf Psychic 5 | HP 32/32| AC 15 T 12 FF 10 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs enchantments) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 5/5 | Active conditions: None.4

"Silly me, to forget introductions. I am Nanny And."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor blinks and is momentarily startled.

”You ... you are Nanny And?! Nanny And! It is so great meeting you!! My brother told me so much about you! You were holding that group of adventures together I heard!? Thanks for taking care of him!“ Andor says with true gratitude.

”I heard that you all saved his life in your final battle in ... in the Sarini mansion ... he was bleeding heavily I was told.“ Andor says and shakes Nanny’s hands. And you notice that beyond worry for his brother and gratitude to Nanny the word Sarini is more spit out than spoken.

Dark Archive

Female N Elf Psychic 5 | HP 32/32| AC 15 T 12 FF 10 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs enchantments) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 5/5 | Active conditions: None.4

"Ah yes, Aryas Katsu. He was a charmer"
Nanny smiles and scratches her head, deep in thought. (She's seen a lot, so sometimes her recall of recent events is a big...vague.)

"Strange fixation with kissing butterflies or some such, but he was a good boy."


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

My swashbuckler is just about to enter the Sarini Estate!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor just giggles and nods.

”I always have my companions’ backs but I owe you Nanny.... I won’t forget that!“

Good luck GM Elberion.

Liberty's Edge

Male Grippli Rng 6| HP 42 | AC 22; Touch 17; FF 17 | F +6; R +10; W +5 | CMB+6; CMD 22| Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +14 Ranger 6

A short frog creature enters followed by a lizard with thick padded feet.

"Hi all...Kermit here...I heard you're going to help some slaves maybe. Slavery is bad and I'd like to join. I heard Major Maldris said you might need help"

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Roderick nods to the kitsune and the grippli, not sure what to think of them.

Welcome. Against the slavers, any help will be undoubted very much appreciated.

He re-checks the packs of powders and vials of liquids he expects to use in the mission.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Aww, here's a ma.. a frog by my heart! I hate slavers too.Not that I worship The Eternal Drunk, I don't drink that much, it's unladylike, but his followers can ask for my help anytime they need.

Seeing a blonde dwarf carrying a big axe talking about what can and can't be un-lady like might be ironic.


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

After a wait in offices of Major Colson Maldris, a tall, sharp-eyed man enters: the Venture Captain. He bids you be seated, carefully locks the door to his suite and takes a seat, "Before we begin, I need to make something quite clear: this meeting is not taking place, you will not be acting under the auspices of the Pathfinder Society and any claims of association or involvement will be disavowed." He shrugs, "I don't expect this to bother any of you, that's part of why I chose you, but that's the position. If anyone wants to walk away, I'll trust you to hold your peace."
He waits for a beat and offers a sliver of a smile as none of the Pathfinders in the room makes any move.
He clears his throat and continues, "Katapesh is an important nation, and an important city, for the Society. Information and archives move rapidly and freely through its streets and the country is awash with significant cultural and historical sites. Katapesh matters to the Pathfinder Society. Our ability to move and act freely within the city matters. Of course, this means we would never dream of violating this great nation's laws."
That ironic sliver of a smile returns to Major Maldris' face, "And slavery, as we all know, is entirely legal in Katapesh."

He steps to a door at the back of the office and opens it, "Marshal, sorry to keep you waiting."

A woman enters in the uniform of a senior officer of the Eagle Knights, Andoren's slavery-fighting military and looks you over.

She speaks with the clear confidence of command, “The Eagle Knights fight their own battles, I'm sure you are all aware of that. However, the fight against slavery takes many forms and one of those is espionage.
The Twilight Talons do not officially exist: which is why I felt the need to ask Major Maldris here for his support.
We have called you here to request your assistance in a delicate operation involving a missing field agent named Othine Dalanse. She has a flawless track record of infiltrating and dismantling slave rings, and her successes have saved many lives. Over the past year, she’s been working deep cover assignments throughout Katapesh, and I’ve had less and less contact with her. It’s now been over two months since her last message.
“Early last week, we recovered a body along the banks of the River Scorpius. At first, my agents feared it was Othine’s, for it was wearing her armor and had similar tattoos. Thankfully, when clerics interrogated the body, the corpse proved to be nothing more than a vagrant with a passing resemblance to Othine, the tattoos obvious forgeries.
“This situation doesn’t bode well for Othine. I believe the slavers have captured her and may be torturing her for information, or worse. If she’s been caught, the slavers certainly suspect we’re investigating them, and will be on the lookout for undercover Eagle Knights. I need someone not directly affiliated with our organization to get into the slavers’ base, discover Othine’s true fate, and finish what she started by dismantling the operation."

She nods to Maldris and he takes up the briefing, "You'll be transported by teleportation circle to a coffee shop in Katapesh owned by a Twilight Talons handler known as Whispershade. That's the last contact you'll have with either the Eagle Knights or the Society until your mission is complete. Questions?"


”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 7 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics +13, Bluff +3, Climb +10, Disguise +8, Heal +4, Intimidate +3 (+4 by day), Know (dungeoneering, geography) +5, Know (local) +11, Know (religion) +6, Ride +7, Stealth +13, Survival +10 (+13 for tracks), Swim +10
| HP 58/60 AC 20, T 14, FF 17 | CMD 26 | F +7 R +9 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +10 | SM +10

"Do you have any sketches of these tattoos?" inquires Zadim, a man adorned in traditional Qadiran garb. Standing upright, with his arms crossed, he strikes quite a figure among the candle light, his twin kurkri reflecting the flames cast short-lived rays of light and momentary shapes along the wall. The effect bears similarities to the radiant symbol of the Dawnflower that adorns his neck.

The imposing man appears somewhat uncomfortable, whether due to the nature of the mission or simply the climate-far wetter and colder than he is used to--it is not readily apparent. "Any way we can identify this... Othine?"

"Did her last message give any clue as to a recent location within the city? Or a particular slaver that she may have been targeting?"

Valen finally settled on a pregen.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Ah yes. Excellent questions, Zadim. If I may be so bold, I would like to add a few of my own.

Roderick chews on the end of his pipe while thinking for a moment.

Did she have any other associates of any sort mentioned in prior messages. How were the messages delivered? And perhaps, would she have anything we could show or say to her to let her know we are friendly?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor thinks for a moment.

”I would like to see her reports in the last years. Any information on her targets and her work could provide clues. Enemies often come back from the past. Might be another angle to the current investigation she was making. I am only surprised anyone would care to disguise a corpse to look like her. And obviously do it so clumsily that you saw right through the disguise... “ Andor ponders.


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Zadim - Pregen wrote:

"Do you have any sketches of these tattoos?" inquires Zadim, a man adorned in traditional Qadiran garb. Standing upright, with his arms crossed, he strikes quite a figure among the candle light, his twin kurkri reflecting the flames cast short-lived rays of light and momentary shapes along the wall. The effect bears similarities to the radiant symbol of the Dawnflower that adorns his neck.

The imposing man appears somewhat uncomfortable, whether due to the nature of the mission or simply the climate-far wetter and colder than he is used to--it is not readily apparent. "Any way we can identify this... Othine?"

"Did her last message give any clue as to a recent location within the city? Or a particular slaver that she may have been targeting?"

Valen finally settled on a pregen.

The Eagle Knight responds, "Yes, Othine is, or perhaps was, 5 foot 8 inches tall, dark hair. She has a tattoo of a dragon crawling around her shoulder and another of dark wings on her ankle." The woman hesitates a moment before continuing, her voice softens, "She also bears a hidden tattoo of a black eagle grasping a sword and arrows on her wrist. Take her hand and speak these words:

'Only in silence the word,
Only in dark the light,
Only in dying life:
Bright the hawk's flight
On the empty sky.' "

She pauses a moment before continuing, "As for her location, her last messages related to the Garden of Chains, a fairly new slave-auction house in the Twilight Gate district, a stone's throw from the River Scorpius. Whispershade tells me that it always seems overstocked: the slavers may be hiding some of their stock to avoid city tariffs."


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Roderick Xim wrote:

Ah yes. Excellent questions, Zadim. If I may be so bold, I would like to add a few of my own.

Roderick chews on the end of his pipe while thinking for a moment.

Did she have any other associates of any sort mentioned in prior messages. How were the messages delivered? And perhaps, would she have anything we could show or say to her to let her know we are friendly?

"her messages were left at pre-arranged drop points for Whispershade. If you know the activation words for her tattoo... well, before today, I was the only other person who knew those words."


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Andor Katsu wrote:

Andor thinks for a moment.

”I would like to see her reports in the last years. Any information on her targets and her work could provide clues. Enemies often come back from the past. Might be another angle to the current investigation she was making. I am only surprised anyone would care to disguise a corpse to look like her. And obviously do it so clumsily that you saw right through the disguise... “ Andor ponders.

The Eagle Knight considers her words, "Othine's work was clandestine. I cannot share information from other cases as other agents and operations might be compromised if you were apprehended and interrogated, magically or otherwise."

"That said, Othine worked hard to maintain her cover even after an operation had ended. This is standard for Twilight Talons as they may be needed to return to the region or even resume an alias. Othine was often 'sold into slavery'" she uses air quotes here, "or otherwise removed from the scene when her work was done, especially if the Steel Falcons intended to move in. 'Othine' is itself an operational name which she has used for the last few years to further shield against divination. Only the leader of the Twilight Talons knows the name her parents gave her."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor nods.

"I completely understand. To be honest you seems to know what you are doing so let us hope that we can match your espionage skills as the direct route will be a little bit difficult this time I assume."

He looks at his companions.

"We could do some information gathering about the Garden of Chains and then see how to proceed. What do you think?"

Dark Archive

Female N Elf Psychic 5 | HP 32/32| AC 15 T 12 FF 10 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs enchantments) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 5/5 | Active conditions: None.4

"It has been a while since I've been to Katapesh. I would get the most delicious fry-ups when we were there breaking up a ring of smugglers dealing in Osiriani artifacts, what, 70 years ago? Anything we should note about the city today?"

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

"Yes, right. Let us exchange what we know about the region and its history. Listen ..."

knowledge geography: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 9 + (2) = 29

knowledge history: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + (3) = 19

knowledge local: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 11 + (3) = 33


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

Knowledge (geography) result

knowledge (local) result

The Twilight Gate area was originally a shantytown outside the ancient city's walls but was later incorporated into the city and redeveloped. That development was patchy and buildings in the area often utilise the remains of old buildings and civic works.


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

The Garden of Chains is a slave market in the city of Katapesh's Twilight Gate district, best known for its human and halfling slaves. Fat Aghurr is the gnoll overseer of the market.

History
The Garden of Chains is built upon the ruins of a water garden and entrance to the city's qanat. Once this civic project was abandoned and the entire district fell into disrepair, a group of humans and gnolls constructed this slave auction market.

Appearance
The Garden of Chains is a pit excavated from the surrounding area. There are two levels—the floor, where the business is conducted, and the mezzanine, where the slaves are stored and viewed during auction. The west end of the mezzanine consists of the slave pens; the east side is the auction block. The floor consists of a pit, covered with damaged mosaic tiles, where the buyers bid and the wooden auctioneer's stand rises above. Around the outside of this area are the business offices of the slave market. A trough, left over from the Garden's days as a water garden sloped to the west into the qanat.

Each of the seven pens holds 1-4 slaves. At least six humans and gnolls guard the slaves at all times.

Buying Process
Potential buyers can view the slave stores up close via wide walkway next to the pens. Slaves, in choke collars, are moved to the auction block throughout the day.[1] Buyers place their bids with Saiyd, the auctioneer. When Saiyd accepts a bid, he always yells, "Closed!" and gives the buyer a stamped purchase slip. This purchase slip is taken to the exchanger's office, gold literally in hand. The gold and slip are exchanged for ownership paperwork and the buyer is escorted to the pens to receive the slaves(s)

The market closes at sundown.


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4

While Andor's knowledge of the city is excellent, his understanding of its history is merely very good.

You can read those links but please don't follow the links on those pages, otherwise you might stumble across some soft spoilers

Liberty's Edge

Male Grippli Rng 6| HP 42 | AC 22; Touch 17; FF 17 | F +6; R +10; W +5 | CMB+6; CMD 22| Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +14 Ranger 6

"I'm ready. It sounds like a hot place. I hope there's some water around sometimes.


”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 7 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics +13, Bluff +3, Climb +10, Disguise +8, Heal +4, Intimidate +3 (+4 by day), Know (dungeoneering, geography) +5, Know (local) +11, Know (religion) +6, Ride +7, Stealth +13, Survival +10 (+13 for tracks), Swim +10
| HP 58/60 AC 20, T 14, FF 17 | CMD 26 | F +7 R +9 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +10 | SM +10

"So, her tattoos had magical properties?" Zadim notes, visibly intrigued. "Was that a manner in which she conveyed messages? Also, am I to understand that a usual 'cover' of hers was to pose as a slave?"


Human Cleric 7 [HP 59/59 ], [AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 19] , [Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +10], [Spd 20ft, Perception +4]

In a corner of the room, a raven haired woman stood listening. Wearing a desert oriented outfit, bearing a necklace with the emblem of Sarenrae.

"Greetings everyone, i am Kyra."
She asks her question last in line.

"Suppose we may encounter another imposter, would there be a catchphrase we could ask her to determine her identity?"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor bows when Kyra introduces herself.

”An honor to meet you. Your reputation precedes you lady Kyra!“ he says with a genuine smile.

Andor is disgusted when he thinks about these slave auctions.

”I really cannot understand how anybody would want to own a slave and how anybody could look at the suffering of these poor souls and not act. These actions are not our main target but if any way possible I definitely would love to disrupt the trade of slaves in Katapesh... “ and he looks at you all to judge what your attitude towards slavery is.


Human Cleric 7 [HP 59/59 ], [AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 19] , [Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +10], [Spd 20ft, Perception +4]

Perhaps Slave Ships of Absalom and Slave Pits of Absalom, would then be interesting missions for Andor. :)

"It is a disgraceful practice. One sadly also happening in the heart of the society's city, Absalom. I vowed to save people from evil's grasp, as far as i am capable of.
This is a worthy mission. Even if not all can be freed, every single person freed from their grasps, is a blessing upon their lives and our own."


”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 7 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics +13, Bluff +3, Climb +10, Disguise +8, Heal +4, Intimidate +3 (+4 by day), Know (dungeoneering, geography) +5, Know (local) +11, Know (religion) +6, Ride +7, Stealth +13, Survival +10 (+13 for tracks), Swim +10
| HP 58/60 AC 20, T 14, FF 17 | CMD 26 | F +7 R +9 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Zadim needs and smiles at Kyra's arrival. "Blessings of the Dawnflower! It is good to see you again!" The slayer bows deeply and gestures with clear appreciation and respect.

The man says little during the discussion of slavery, though he can be heard muttering, "Each one is a slave in some manner. The difference is only in the master that we serve."

Following the conversation, Zadim approaches Kyra and says in lmost a whisper, "As a result of your actions and words, through the grace of the goddess, it is to you that I am indebted."

Since the pregens have a backstory (which I included in my profile), I thought I would play it up and use it to explain why a man with his past and from a traditionally slave holding culture might agree to this mission.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

Roderick scoffs at the mention of slavery.

”Unfortunately, in my birth country of Cheliax, the disputable business of slavery is heavily promoted by the government, and slaves are especially pulled from the halfling and tiefling peoples. This was one of the main reasons I left and joined the Society. “

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww, lets find tha Othine girl, and rescue her. And kill a few slavers on our way, of course.


Human Cleric 7 [HP 59/59 ], [AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 19] , [Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +10], [Spd 20ft, Perception +4]
Zadim wrote:
(whispered conversation)

Kyra smiles faintly.

"I can only guess, and i will not. But if my past ventures have renewed your faith in the dawnflower, that itself is a reward for me.
May she smile upon us on this endeavor."
, and she nods politely.

Liberty's Edge

Male Grippli Rng 6| HP 42 | AC 22; Touch 17; FF 17 | F +6; R +10; W +5 | CMB+6; CMD 22| Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +14 Ranger 6

"Yeah slavery isn't good"


”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 7 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics +13, Bluff +3, Climb +10, Disguise +8, Heal +4, Intimidate +3 (+4 by day), Know (dungeoneering, geography) +5, Know (local) +11, Know (religion) +6, Ride +7, Stealth +13, Survival +10 (+13 for tracks), Swim +10
| HP 58/60 AC 20, T 14, FF 17 | CMD 26 | F +7 R +9 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +10 | SM +10

Kadim responds to Kyra with a bow, then says the others, "Shall we be going then?"

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

”It seems reasonable to depart unless we have any further business here. I am nevertheless ready. “

Roderick takes a final puff on his pipe before stowing it in his vest pocket.


Broken Chains GM All-powerful dictator of reality 4
Le Kyra Pregen wrote:

In a corner of the room, a raven haired woman stood listening. Wearing a desert oriented outfit, bearing a necklace with the emblem of Sarenrae.

"Greetings everyone, i am Kyra."
She asks her question last in line.

"Suppose we may encounter another imposter, would there be a catchphrase we could ask her to determine her identity?"

The Eagle Knight replies, "Only the tattoo."

As you all agree to the engagement, the Venture Captain has arranged for you to be teleported via a teleportation circle in the morning.

You have a chance to gather supplies and choose spells before heading out. Let me know if you are to make any purchases.

Liberty's Edge

Male Grippli Rng 6| HP 42 | AC 22; Touch 17; FF 17 | F +6; R +10; W +5 | CMB+6; CMD 22| Speed 30 ft | Init +4 | Perc +11 | Stealth: +14 Ranger 6

I'm good

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

Andor nods and addresses the team.

"I would suggest that we all ideally try to disguise ourselves and definitely do not openly present ourselves as Pathfinders. Our cover can be that we are mercenaries that are looking for slaves as guards and workers for a patron. I am a good bluffer but definitely not a good disguiser so if nobody else is able to disguise us then we just look like we look - which is scary enough!" he says with a smile.

"I would suggest that we start by asking a couple of questions in the city on the slave market and the relevant traders and buyers. Then we try to find angles to either talk to significant individuals or try to infiltrate the slave market. What do you think?" he asks expectantly.


”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 7 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Acrobatics +13, Bluff +3, Climb +10, Disguise +8, Heal +4, Intimidate +3 (+4 by day), Know (dungeoneering, geography) +5, Know (local) +11, Know (religion) +6, Ride +7, Stealth +13, Survival +10 (+13 for tracks), Swim +10
| HP 58/60 AC 20, T 14, FF 17 | CMD 26 | F +7 R +9 W +5; | Init +3 | Perc +10 | SM +10

"Mercenaries may be suitable cover." agrees Zadim, as if one in the know. "But, if you truly want to get those in Katapesh to render you quick assistance, then it is best to pose as a buyer of means rather than one who is merely offering a service."

"A slaver of wealth who has heard tales of a fine, uniquely tattooed female slave and is now looking to acquire one for himself would undoubtedly have many eyes in the city, offering information where such could be found." suggests the holy man.

"It would require that some of you act as...property." he notes, after searching for a word he hopes these zealots find less offensive than slave, though believing he has likely failed. "That, too, may provide some of us access to certain information not readily available to meet and visitors to the city."

Not much coin here to buy anything. Disguises would be helpful to have, it would seem. Our coffee shop contact may be able to help is better settle on a cover.

Silver Crusade

Female Dwarf Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 6 I HP83/83 I AC 23 T12 FF22 Fort+10 Ref+4 Wi+4 Ini +1 Per +8 spd 30 DR3/- CLW Wand 1/50 RAGE! 18/18

Awww... All I want is not to die again.. I don't have that much money, as I payed for coming back from Pharasma's clutches last time.

Dark Archive

Female N Elf Psychic 5 | HP 32/32| AC 15 T 12 FF 10 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs enchantments) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Phrenic Pool: 4/4 | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 5/5 | Active conditions: None.4

"I'm not sure how believable I am as a slave, but I suppose I could pass as a tutor."

People often forget to guard their tongues when there is an old servant around.

Grand Lodge

male Human Chirurgeon 6 AC20/T15/F16/CMD17 |HP 45/45 | Fort:+8;Ref:+11;Will+5 |Percept.+10 | Init.+10 (1/1 mutagen used STR ; bombs 0/11 used) wings 0/6min { }

”Agreed. I posed as a slave buyer here about a year ago. Being from Cheliax added some credibility. They want buyers of the merchandise.“

Scarab Sages

Male CG Kitsune that is always in human form (around 20, red/blondish hair, freckles, smiling) | Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade, Noble Fencer) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 4 | HP 58/58 | AC 22 T 16 FF 16 | CMB +12 (Disarm, Trip, Sunder), CMD 17 (19 Disarm) | F: +4, R: +12, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +13 / +15 vs. traps, SM: +9, Dipl. +13 | [ooc] Low-light vision | Speed 30ft | Panache 5/6 | Inspiration 6/7 | Active conditions: Mutagen (AC 26, Dex 26, Ref +14, Will +3)

”Well, I have Chelish blood in me too. And I wanted our disguise to be that we are mercenaries that of course want to buy in the name of their patron. I would rather not have any of us without weapons so a slave would weaken our position!“ Andor says after some time.

1 to 50 of 837 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Elberion's Broken Chains All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.