GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


1,801 to 1,835 of 1,835 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Have a saving finale, Mongo! The performance ends.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

After discussion in the Hangouts, no Saving Finale. Mongo stops flying in when he gets within 60ft and begins to babble.


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil and Penny shake off the aura and wait to see what happens with everyone else.

You can hear Theodric shouting something. Must be a mystical phrase, because it doesn’t make any sense at all. Meanwhile Mango tries to hurt themselves but only manages a minor bruise.

Flayer is careful to stay on the bridge. They wait, hoping the creature will show itself.

Mongo imagines himself flying in and landing a beautiful strike with his sword on The Emmissary. The rest of your I see a confused Mongo flying in circles and muttering something about candy and grams.

Warpac makes his way closer to The Emmissary, ignoring the psychic aura that caused others to become confused.

Bolded may act

Round 2:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 26 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac Divine Favor, Fly, immune to aura, holy strike
Mongo Deathward, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell

Round 3:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb, Confused until after round 4
Mango 1 NL Confused until after round 5
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck, immune to aura
Timtenzekil BoLuck, immune to aura

Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell, immune to aura, readied Prayer

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Timtenzekil floats back over, seeing his spells being negligibly effective. "Rip and tear, Penny." he commands, touching her shoulder. The magic causes her to swell to double her size, allowing her to galumph forward to bite at the Emissary.

Animal Growth cast.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"MNAR!" Penny leaps ahead, snapping her massive beak at the otherworldly thing.

Bite: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Bite Damage: 3d6 + 17 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 17 = 25
Acid Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Mosquito Witch

Hearing Penny coming, The Emmissary floats up slightly so as to be able to see over the roofline and then attempts to strike at Penny as she comes in.
5’ step, attack to come

Tycho casts his spell as soon as they see The Emmissary over the roofline.
Prayer active

As The Emmissary attacks, you realize it must have another sense beyond sight because the blindness doesn’t appear to hamper it at all. Now if only it were more accurate with those strikes!
Readied attack
Slam: 1d20 + 19 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 19 - 1 = 26
Damage: 2d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (3, 6) + 6 - 1 = 14 No Will save required, Deathward
AoO
Slam: 1d20 + 19 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 19 - 1 = 22
Damage: 2d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 - 1 = 10 No Will save required, Deathward

Penny has no problem hitting, but not all of the damage goes through.

Bolded may act

Round 2:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck
Prayer (Allies: Tycho, Timtenzekil, Penny, Warpac, Theodric, Enemies: The Emmissary)

The Emmissary 45 damage, blinded but it doesn’t care until after it acts in round 4
Warpac Divine Favor, Fly, immune to aura, holy strike
Mongo Deathward, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell, confused until after round 4

Round 3:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb, Confused until after round 4
Mango 1 NL Confused until after round 5
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck, immune to aura
Timtenzekil BoLuck, immune to aura
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell, immune to aura

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"Come on, Mongo, shake it off!"

Melody attempts another dispel to get the confusion off of Mongo.

caster level check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Mosquito Witch

Melody discovers that the creature’s aura is a supernatural ability and can not be dispelled.

This feathered thing is obviously not calling the shots. Who do I have to kill so the rest of you will just hand command over?

Since he used his Readied Action to attack Penny as well as the AoO, no action for The Emmissary right now.

Bolded may act

Round 3:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck
Prayer (Allies: Tycho, Timtenzekil, Penny, Warpac, Theodric, Enemies: The Emmissary)

The Emmissary 45 damage, blinded but it doesn’t care until after it acts in round 4
Warpac Divine Favor, Fly, immune to aura, holy strike
Mongo Deathward, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell, confused until after round 4

Round 4:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb, Confused until after round 4
Mango 1 NL Confused until after round 5
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck, immune to aura
Timtenzekil BoLuck, immune to aura
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell, immune to aura

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac doesn't dare try anything fancy with the flight and just sails over to the peak of the roof and lands. Once on solid footing he is able to swing his axe with gusto. As a swift action he activates the sacred weapon ability before lashing out.

To hit Dwarven Double Waraxe, bull's strength, divine favor, sacred weapon, inspired 2: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage, bull's strength, bull's strength, divine favor, sacred weapon, inspired 2, vicious, holy strike: 1d10 + 2d6 + 1d6 + 8 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (6, 6) + (3) + 8 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 33; last d6 is from holy strike which is only applicable if this thing is evil and helps bypass DR.
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody moves in closer so she can be in range for her spells.

Using Beacon of Luck against the aura effect

Will save 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Will save 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Whew.

She continues her encouraging cheer!

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40
GM Bret wrote:
This feathered thing is obviously not calling the shots. Who do I have to kill so the rest of you will just hand command over?

"Tha dog." Timtenzekil quips back, before waving a hand to summon fire, careful to avoid catching Warpac or Penny.

Flame Strike, DC19 Reflex: 10d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 3, 4, 6, 6, 6, 2, 1) = 37
SR Check if needed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 I don't think I have anything to reroll that with, as it's not an ability check or anything.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Infuriated by the lashing tendrils of the monstrosity, Penny rips and tears at the Emissary with gusto! The power of her strokes causes her to come unbalanced however...

Bite: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Bite Damage: 3d6 + 19 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 19 = 27
Acid Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
Claw Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (4, 5) + 19 = 28
Claw: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19
Claw Damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (1, 1) + 19 = 21

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Vonner Flay looks up at the Emissary, his badge shining like a beacon of law and order. He whistles a dog-call again before casting a spell. A bladed scarf that's shaped suspiciously like a leash slashes at the Emissary.

spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

SR if needed, spell pen: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16


Mosquito Witch

Warpac just barely manages to hit the creature, but does full damage.

Melody moves closer and is able to resist the aura.

Timtenzekil drops a column of flame only to see it fail to effect The Emissary. Seems it is resistant to magic.

Penny doesn’t depend on such things, instead biting and clawing at the creature. Only the last claw misses. The damage is a little lower than expected though.

Tycho watches as his spiritual weapon breaks against the creature.

Bolded may act

Round 3:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck
Prayer (Allies: Tycho, Timtenzekil, Penny, Warpac, Theodric, Enemies: The Emmissary)

The Emmissary 115 damage, blinded but it doesn’t care until after it acts in round 4
Warpac 6 damage Divine Favor, Fly, immune to aura, holy strike
Mongo Deathward, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell, confused until after round 4

Round 4:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb, Confused until after round 4
Mango 1 NL Confused until after round 5

Melody immune to aura
Penny Deathward, BoLuck, immune to aura
Timtenzekil BoLuck, immune to aura
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell, immune to aura

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

1d100 ⇒ 10

Mongo's head clears for a moment,and he renews his attack against the emissary, flying around to the far side and attacking with his sword as he fondly remembers Mango's peck.

+1 adamantine longsword, Power Attack, heroism, haste, guidance, flank, IC: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 29
Damage, Power Attack, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 16


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 20

Theodric swears under his breath "Piddlespot."
before casting twilight knife to aid him in bis battle against the Emissary.


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

1d100 ⇒ 2

"Sqawk!"

Mango double moves to catch up with Melody.


Mosquito Witch

The Emmissary takes its attack of opportunity on Mongo as he flies in, but it misses.
Slam, Prayer as enemy: 1d20 + 19 - 1 ⇒ (2) + 19 - 1 = 20
Damage,Prayer as enemy: 2d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 - 1 = 9

Mongo hits, but does less than half the expected damage. He also finds that flanking didn’t give the expected tactical bonus. With so many eyes, The Emissary has no problems looking all directions at the same time.

The creature has all-around vision.

Theodric brings another knife to the battle.

Mango waddles up behind Melody.

Since Thadog is already unconscious, I will save it for dessert. The short one seems the most powerful.

Having said that, The Emissary full attacks Warpac, hitting twice.
Slam, Prayer as enemy: 1d20 + 19 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 19 - 1 = 34
Damage,Prayer as enemy: 2d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8, 2) + 6 - 1 = 15 Deathward saves you from the rider on these attacks
Slam, Prayer as enemy: 1d20 + 19 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 19 - 1 = 36
Damage, Prayer as enemy: 2d8 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8, 3) + 6 - 1 = 16

Bolded may act

Round 4:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck
Prayer (Allies: Tycho, Timtenzekil, Penny, Warpac, Theodric, Enemies: The Emmissary)

The Emmissary 121 damage
Warpac 37 damage Divine Favor, Fly, immune to aura, holy strike
Mongo Deathward, Haste, Fly, center of Daylight spell, confused until after this round

Round 5:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb, Confused until after round 4
Mango 1 NL Confused until after round 5
Melody immune to aura
Penny Deathward, BoLuck, immune to aura
Timtenzekil BoLuck, immune to aura
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell, immune to aura

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Bolstered by Melody's performance and Tycho's blessing, Penny roars as claws shred otherworldly flesh!

Bite, Inspire, Prayer: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 30
Bite Damage: 3d6 + 17 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 5) + 17 + 2 + 1 = 34
Acid Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Claw, Inspire, Prayer: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 35
Claw Damage: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 17 + 2 + 1 = 23
Claw, Inspire, Prayer: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 + 1 = 29
Claw Damage: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 17 + 2 + 1 = 25

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Floating back away from the fray, the airy druid only watches impassively as his companions go to work.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

The dog leash continues to ineffectually twirl about in the air next to the stray.

attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
SR, spell pen: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

Flay pulls out a scroll and pretends to read from it. By the power vested in me by the citizens of Dustpawn, I hereby deputize Mongo DePon as junior dog catcher!

The dogcatcher casts Calm Emotions off the scroll, directing the burst to the space just above Mongo's head.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Confused
Theodric shakes off the confusion as he moves up invisibly and fires off a pair of scorching rays at the emissary.

vs ff touch into melee: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 4 = 14
20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 9 Miss!
[s]damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3, 2, 5) + 1 = 12

vs ff touch into melee: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 4 = 26
20% miss: 1d100 ⇒ 44
damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 5) + 1 = 19

The twilight knife also stabs.
stabbity: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 2 = 28
SR check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
damage: 1d4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + (1, 2) = 6

I can't sneak attack due to the concealment, I don't think the knife is impeded though.[/s]


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

1d100 ⇒ 95
MT: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Mango pecks viciously at Tim.

peck: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
damage: 1d4 - 3 ⇒ (4) - 3 = 1


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

confusion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 70
apply headon: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho will delay if possible, didn't see Mongo is confusion-locked on Emissary. If not, well… sometimes it's confusing to know whose side they're on anyway.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Will save vs. calm emotions if needed:

Will save, heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20

If able to attack:

+1 adamantine longsword, Power Attack, heriosm, haste, IC: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 37
Damage, Power Attack, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 19

+1 adamantine longsword (haste), Power Attack, heriosm, haste, IC: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 22
Damage, Power Attack, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 23

+1 adamantine longsword (iterative), Power Attack, heriosm, haste, IC: 1d20 + 10 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage, Power Attack, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 20

Crit confirm?: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 18
Crit damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Having taken a nasty blow, Warpac goes the cautionary route instead of full on offense and uses a fervor to heal himself instead of activating Bane. channel, fey foundling: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) + 6 = 11
Wow, that sucked. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt him later.

Then he lashes out again with the charmed weapon.
To hit Dwarven Double Waraxe, bull's strength, divine favor, sacred weapon, inspired 2: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 37
Damage, bull's strength, bull's strength, divine favor, sacred weapon, inspired 2, vicious, holy strike: 1d10 + 2d6 + 1d6 + 8 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + (5, 2) + (6) + 8 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 36; last d6 is from holy strike which is only applicable if this thing is evil and helps bypass DR.
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 31
Damage, bull's strength, divine favor, sacred weapon, inspired 2: 2d10 + 8 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 9) + 8 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 27

The blade strikes true, somehow finding a vital area amidst all the darkness.

"Nice shot, but I can do better."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Tycho, your Spiritual Weapon really did break:
CRB, pg. 348 wrote:
If an attacked creature has spell resistance, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against that spell resistance the first time the spiritual weapon strikes it. If the weapon is successfully resisted, the spell is dispelled.

You did poorly on the SR check, so the spell is dispelled. That is why I said it broke when you first used it, I’m sorry that wasn’t clear, I should have explained in OOC or spoiler.

Tycho considers using another of his scrolls, but then realizes that since The Emmissary attacked Mongo as he approached, in his confused state Mongo will attack the creature.

Instead he just waits to see what will happen.
Delay

Penny hits with all of her attacks, still not doing quite as much damage as expected.

Theodric continues to be confused and strikes themself.

I think this post gets overridden by this failed save against the aura, Please let me know if I misinterpreted what happened here.
Rounds of Confusion for Theodric: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Assuming I am correct, you get another chance to save next round when both you and Mango would be exposed again,

Mango attempts to peck Timtenzekil but misses.

Mongo succeeds in hitting The Emmissary twice. One of the hits was well aimed but he discovers the creature is too amorphous for it to have a vital spot,
Immune to Crits and Precision damage. Swashbucklers and Rogues really do poorly against it. Also Mongo would not have confirmed the crit if it were susceptible.

Warpac also strikes true with his weapon only to find out this creature has no vital organs. The weapon still does a lot of damage. The creature is even taking the damage because of the holy strike.

Although it wasn’t a critical, Warpac’s last strike is enough to kill the creature!

It lets out a scream of pain and rage. It’s dying thoughts are telepathically projected. Inconceivable! How can insignificant bugs like you do this!

Bugs is the nearest concept your minds could grasp for what the creature called you.

Well timed death! With it dead Mongo, Mango and Theodric do not have to save again.

Congratulations! You have saved Dustpawn from a very alien invasion! There is still cleanup, but the alien menace is dead.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Hooray!


Mosquito Witch

The body of The Emmissary falls to the roof, slides down the shingles and splatters on the ground. You hope it will not harm the plants there.

It is still twilight and the streets are filled with Id Mutants of all types, but you know that provided you get to them soon it is something that can be cured. Dalviss is still unconscious and in his wolf form, but Leeara and Nalan are both fully human.

After a few minutes, the unconscious dog transforms back into Abtaroh. Evidently she just couldn’t stay away knowing that The Emissary was finally arriving.

You spend a couple of hours going around town, breaking up fights and getting an idea of how bad it is. The mayor had to lock himself away from his guards, but will survive. Alyssia has transformed into some sort of fox-like creature with huge ears.

You also find that Demos Leather has closed their doors and taken a fair number of people with them out of town.

You find a pair of dwarves that did not transform, but they are trying to care for another who became a badger-like creature.

When you check the jail, you find that none of the Cultists have transformed, but the guard outside their cells did. She became some sort of bear-like creature and the Cultists were all glad to have the bars between them and her.

If there are others who did not transform, they are most likely still hiding.

What would you like to do?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo looks around at the various animal folk. "That bear looks like the most dangerous of the lot. Let's deal with her first? I'll get her into one of the cells 'til you lot can cure her." Sheathing his sword, stows his shield and advances, a grin on his face. "C'mon bear, time to dance!"


Mosquito Witch

The bear gets up on her hind legs and stretches her arms wide for a hug. It then rushes Mongo. None of you find it all that surprising that town guard are not as well trained at combat as Mongo. He is able to dodge the hug, causing the bear to be very confused.

While the bear is trying to figure out what went wrong, Mongo pushes her into an available cell. Giving a roar of frustration, the bear turns around and makes some strange noises. Evidently a bear snout is not well suited to speaking and she hasn’t had a lot of practice yet.

As the cell door is slammed shut on her, she tries again to speak.

A few of the Cultists in the other cells cheer for Mongo. They seem quite entertained by the whole thing.

Meanwhile Gereno is begging your group to let him out. “The whole town has gone crazy and I just want to get to safety!

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac has no spells left to help any of the transformed, but he is a trained warrior. He volunteers to join the militia and help deal with the inevitable pillaging and violence. Each new day he requests new miracles and casts remove curses until they run out and any other spell that will help.


Mosquito Witch

Initially there isn’t that much that would really be considered pillaging. It is more like powerful children arguing over who owns what. Fortunately the Id Mutants tend to be distractable and lose track of things once they no longer see them.

Although some of the Id Mutants put up a fuss — not wanting the cure — those who have the curse removed are all thankful for it. He does decide that prioritizing the town guard will help keep things more orderly.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

"Mayor Kurigoss" walks into the jail, scowling at Gereno. You caused the crazy, you stay for the crazy! As mayor, I decree that you must remain in your cell! He walks out, leaving the poisoner behind bars.

Abtaroh also visits Abtaroh, keeping an eye on the cultist and checking to make sure she cannot escape. Confusion is had.

In the hot afternoons, Prospector Pearl Hart takes off her ten-gallon hat and hammers on the side of Dalvis's inn, helping to repair the damage Nalan did. From atop the ladder she hocks some chew into a spittoon far below, causing the metal to ring.

Dogcatcher Vonner Flay patrols Dustpawn in the mornings and at dusk; his badge shining and his animal control pole at the ready, ever wary for creatures running amok. The vigilante illegally deputizes several citizens over the coming days.

Admiral Drace visits Captain Zorriah in his cell. He absentmindedly polishes the vrocket wings on his lapel as he talks. So, Zorriah. To my chagrin, it may well be that you are beyond the reach of Lirgen's Admiralty, and escape court-martial. Where will you go now? Will you turn to piracy?

1,801 to 1,835 of 1,835 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.