GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


1,751 to 1,800 of 1,835 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Seeing he has a straight path to the dog, Warpac runs to try and catch up!

Moves 80’ this round


Mosquito Witch

The dog once again runs for it, planning to turn a corner a little bit ahead.

Editted based on results of AoO


Mosquito Witch

Meanwhile, back at the square...

You wait around, hoping the other half of the party will return soon. They seem to have run off in the opposite direction from which The Emmissary is coming.

You expect it will be here sometime within the next two minutes.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Bite AoO: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Bite Damage, Strong Jaw, Bludgeoner Nonlethal: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 = 20
Acid Maw Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Penny manages to knock the dog unconscious before it can get away.

Dog 87 NL 20 damage
Penny 0’ behind
Timtenzekil 30’ behind
Tycho 100’ behind
Warpac 40’ feet behind

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Bring it, girl!" Timtenzekil calls, leading the triumphant owlbear back through the wake of the chase.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

On the way back, Abtaroh ducks into an alleyway.

Out comes Officer Vonner Flay, Dustpawn's most diabolical dog catcher! He wears his uniform proudly: tan overalls, muddy boots, and a mountie hat looped with gold-threaded trooper cords and emblazoned with a shining, shield-shaped crest upon the front that proudly says OFFICER -- ANIMAL CONTROL

He carries a rope, ready to loop it around the puppy's neck and tie it to a post, if given the opportunity.

Neither rain nor shine nor emissary can stop Vonner Flay, pup! There is no escape!


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric and Mango return to their hiding spot, hoping that the party will be back soon and that they won't be forced to take on the Emissary by themselves.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo realizes that Mango is suddenly gone, and hopes that he won't have to take on the Emissary by himself.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Huffing an puffing, and realizing that the group is leaving him in the dust, Warpac turns around before he goes too far and returns to the square in what he hopes is in time to greet the Emissary before it arrives, then casts Bull's Strength


Mosquito Witch

Warpac is the first of those who ran off to return to the square.

Shortly after that the others return with an unconscious dog. You would guess given how unconcerned Timzenkil is that the unfamiliar human with them is most likely Tycho.

To be continued after GenCon since it appears over half the players will be there.

Enjoy the Con and let us know when you are ready to resume!


Mosquito Witch

Officer Vonner Flay has just finished tying up the unconscious dog as you detect that The Emmissary is very close. You can’t see it, but sense it is coming from the south at about rooftop level.

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 +4 if Heightened Awareness active
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 +4 if Heightened Awareness active, Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 +2 underground

The Emmissary: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 = 6 Wish I could use a reroll on that...
1d4 ⇒ 3

Bolded may act

Round 1:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

Theodric Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck

The Emmissary
Warpac BoLuck
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric will refresh his improved invisibility likely ran out since it's only ~9 rounds. before getting a guidance from Mango as they both head south.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Vonner Flay pulls out his scroll of Death Ward and activates it. He looks down at the impounded puppy and whispers: Here comes your master!

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody begins performing.

"Okay, team! This is it! The really big one! All these people are counting on us! We can do it!"

She moves back a little.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Steady girl, wit' me." Tim soothes the owlbear, watching the sky.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric disappears and just after that Mango touches where he was.
Thanks for the correction on the duration of Improved Invisibility.

Vonner Flay (aka Tycho and a multitude of other names) pulls out a scroll and uses it. They then whisper something to the unconscious dog that is tied up there.

Melody begins a cheer and moves further away from the direction The Emmissary is approaching from.

Tim directs Penny to wait.

I'm going to assume that is a Delay action on both of your parts.

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 That could have been better...

The Emmissary gives out an inhuman shriek of pain as it tries to access something that no longer exists and gets the magical equivalent of a divide by zero error. This greatly disturbs it.

You now have a better idea of it's current location as you see an area of pitch darkness engulf the Inn and much of the area around it. None of you can see into the darkness.

The purple is half of the area. The center of the effect is above the ground, so at ground level people would still be able to see. I believe that both Mongo and Warpac are far enough in that the darkness covers them. If someone has a 60' radius sphere template, I'm willing to use that instead of the cobbled together two 60' cones.

Kn: Arcana DC 23:
This would match the effect of a Deeper Darkness spell.

Bolded may act

Round 1:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary
Warpac BoLuck
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck

Round 2:

Theodric Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

arcana, heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23

Vonner Flay looks at the puppy and shouts at it. Your master, pup, is another unlicensed stray. But there’s no hiding from Vonner Flay!

He pulls out an oil daylight and smears it across his hat’s badge, which now shines like a burst of sunlight! Flay 5-foot steps forward, even more proud of his office than usual, as he seeks his quarry.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Is darkvision useless in this darkness. I assume so.

Warpac makes his best guess as to the location of the otherworldly being and targets it with a DC 16 Burst of Radiance.

"May you despair under the hope and brilliance of Desna!"

Swift Action: Sacred Armor

Damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1, 4) = 13

Let's see if that works on this thing!


Mosquito Witch

The area for 60’ around Tycho returns to dim light as they slather the oil all over their cap. This allows Warpac to see using his Darkvision in the overlapping area.
I may have miscounted, but it looks like Mongo is still in the dark.

@Warpac Please note you did not have Line of Sight to the creature because it is below the roofline.

SR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Reflex, cover: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 = 14
1d4 ⇒ 3

Warpac targets a burst of light just above where he thinks the creature is. The scream of pain confirms that he guessed correctly.

Bolded may act

Round 1:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 13 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck

Round 2:

Theodric Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck

Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric hastes himself and Mongo before swiftly moving for cover.


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

Mango boldy Squawks forward "Squawk!"

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Stick wit' me, Penny." Tim orders, striding forward cautiously.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody tries to see if she can make the Darkness go away and keeps up her performance!

dispel magic, caster level check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none
GM Bret wrote:
@Warpac Please note you did not have Line of Sight to the creature because it is below the roofline.

I wasn't sure I could get it in the area anyway since Warpac was plunged in darkness when I decided to cast it. Seemed like it was worth a try anyway and it payed off. Big time. Talk about Luck with a captital L as only a priest of Desna could appreciate.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Finding himself in darkness, Mongo draws a flask of thick oil and applies it to his armor, causing it to glow like the sun. Draw and apply an oil of daylight.


Mosquito Witch

Did Theodric haste Mongo or Mango? I think Mongo was out of range. Also is there a reason you didn’t include Melody?

Melody just barely manages to dispel the area that is in total darkness. It is still twilight in the middle of the day, but at least people can see somewhat!

Mongo gets out a jar and oils his armor. It is now all nice and shiney!

Timtenzekil and Penny stride towards the Inn.

Bolded may act

Round 1:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 13 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck, center of Daylight spell

Round 2:

Theodric Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance
Mango

Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Mongo and Melody were 35 feet from each either while I was exactly 30 feet away from Mongo. Mango was too far behind as well.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric hastes himself and Mongo, then moves to cover behind the animal shed.

Mango beats his wings as he waddles done the road. The wings don’t help him move any faster, but it looks energetic.

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Although hurt and blind, The Emmissary manages to focus it’s attention. It flies a little lower and further along the rooftop. Then another area of blackness appears.

Kn: Arcana DC 22:
Deeper Darkness

Theodric:
It is using a spell like ability to create the area of darkness.

Bolded may act

Round 2:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 13 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck, Haste, center of Daylight spell

Round 3:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric takes advantage of Mongo's daylight, rendering the building merely dim as he casts spider climb on himself before using his hasted movement to get on top of the building.


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

Mango steps uo to Mongo and gives him a little love peck.

"Squawk!"

Guidance.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo draws another vial and quickly chugs it, his feet lifting slightly off the ground. Draw and drink a potion of fly.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric casts a spell then climbs up the side of the Inn to the roof. From there he can clearly see The Emissary floating below the roofline.

Sloped roof, so you can easily reach it from the north edge. Bit of a stretch from the side or under it. Further down the roof you would not be able to reach it. The roof is steep, would normally require a climb check DC 0. That means climb speed when going up the slope.

Mango pecks at Mongo.

Mongo grabs one of his potions and quaffs it, lifting slightly off the ground as it takes effect.

Bolded may act

Round 2:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 13 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell

Round 3:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Vonner Flay creates a 50' moonlight bridge that starts at his feet and ends at the inn's roof.

Not sure how tall the roof is there on the lower part of the slope where the bridge touches but if it's 20' high they can make it with a 50' bridge.

Flay then walks up the slope, whistling "come here."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Like Mongo, Warpac decides to get a little lift and pulls, then drains a potion of flying. Afterwards he uses a fervor to cast divine favor as a swift action.

With darkvision, can Warpac see anything in his area?


Mosquito Witch

A bridge is created and then ascended by Flayer.

Warpac pulls a potion of his own and calls for some divine favor.

With the way that the spells are currently overlapping, you can see almost everything except the animal shed with your Darkvision. You do not have line of sight to The Emmissary.

Bolded may act

Round 2:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 13 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck, Divine Favor, Fly
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell

Round 3:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck

Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Let's go get it, Penny." With that command, Timtenzekil leads the way up towards the rooftops.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"Mnar!" The owlbear trills in excitement as she trundles up the skybridge.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

As he reaches the roof, Tim weaves his airy arms in ritualistic forms, summoning a flurry of snow at the Emissary.

Flurry of Snowballs Cold Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 5, 1) = 13 DC17 Reflex Save for half.


Mosquito Witch

Penny rushes up the bridge while her friend flys up to the rooftop.

Once on the top of the roof, Timtenzekil unleashes a storm of snowballs, pelting the creature. It completely fails to evade.

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Bolded may act

Round 2:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 26 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck, Divine Favor, Fly
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell

Round 3:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"Let's see if I can help light it up!

Glitterdust, targeting only the emissary. DC 18 Will save or blinded.

Performance continues, and holler for a heroic finale, gallant inspiration, or saving finale if you need it!


Mosquito Witch

Melody targets the creature with Glitterdust over the edge of the roof. It now sparkles.

Will, cover: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19

In your minds you hear “Oh, good! Enough of you are close enough now!” Suddenly a way of psychic energy washes over most of you. The creature then waits to see the results, floating in the air just below the roofline.

Everyone within 60’ of the creature (looks like everyone except Melody, Mango and Mongo), please make a will save.

Failed Will save, DC 21:
Confused for 1d4 rounds, please roll your duration.

Bolded may act
The Emissary has a readied action.

Round 3:
Magical Dim light, 20% miss chance. There is no light spell that overpowers this.
BoLuck = Beacon of Luck

The Emmissary 26 damage, blinded until after it acts in round 4
Warpac BoLuck, Divine Favor, Fly
Mongo Deathward, BoLuck, Haste, Guidance, Fly, center of Daylight spell

Round 4:

Theodric Haste, Improved Invisibility, Deathward, BoLuck. Guidance, Spider Climb
Mango
Melody BoLuck
Penny Deathward, BoLuck
Timtenzekil BoLuck
Tycho 6 images BoLuck, Deathward, center of Daylight spell

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Will Save: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

"Tha's cute..." Tim grumbles.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 4 = 26

"MNAR..." The owlbear growls, shaking her head.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

ShareWill:
Share Will (Su)
Whenever an emissary or its master fails a saving throw against a mind-affecting effect that affects only one of them, the other can attempt the saving throw as well. If this second saving throw is a success, treat the original result as a success, and the emissary and its master can’t use this ability again for 24 hours. On a failure, both the emissary and its master suffer the effects of the failed saving throw, even if one of them wouldn’t ordinarily be a valid target.

This replaces share spells.

Mango Bonus save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

my rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2
bird rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3

c: 1d100 ⇒ 26
bird c: 1d100 ⇒ 53

"Frog blast the ventcore!" shouts an invisible Theodric.


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Sqawk!"

Mango pecks at himself.

damage: 1d8 - 4 ⇒ (2) - 4 = -2
1 NL

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

will vs. compulsion, heroism: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 2 = 35

Perspicacity and persistence are Vonner Flay's watchwords! Here comes the Law, Emissary, inevitable as the tide.

Flay moves to the end of the bridge (being careful not to step off), and readies to cast Prayer the moment an enemy comes into line of effect.

SR check if needed; Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Knock it off!" Mongo flies to the far side of the building and up next to the creature (potentially provoking), hoping to disrupt it's evil ways. I think with haste and fly he can get there in one move. If not, he double moves to get there.

+1 adamantine longsword, Power Attack, heroism, IC, haste, guidance: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 30
Damage, Power Attack, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 17
Miss chance from dim light, 1-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 39

Swift action to use Armored Vigor to gain 4 temp hp. If the emissary 5ft steps away Mongo will follow using Step Up.

AoO if necessary:

+1 adamantine longsword, Power Attack, heroism, IC, haste, guidance: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 33
Damage, Power Attack, IC: 1d8 + 7 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 + 2 = 22
Miss chance from dim light, 1-20 misses: 1d100 ⇒ 54

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Will ST, heroism, beacon of luck: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 21, +4 is steel soul comes into effect, +2 if vs. death. Warpack makes his way towards the emissary at a 45 degree incline, and activates his holy strike ability on his weapon. Unlike Mongo, he is quite slow and only makes it part way.

"Well you got your wish. Now what?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Cashing in Beacon of Luck to roll twice.

Will save, heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Will save, heroism: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19

Hey Melody, how about a saving fanale?

GM:

If no saving fanale:
Confusion: 1d4 ⇒ 3

1st round effect: 1d100 ⇒ 33

If no saving fanale:

In his mind, Mongo flies forward and attacks the emissary. The rest of you, however, see him flying in little circles, muttering nonsense to himself.

1,751 to 1,800 of 1,835 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.