GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,835 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Do I need any more remove curses for tomorrow?


Mosquito Witch

Everyone returns to the Mineshaft Inn.

Nalan has already retired for the night, Dalviss tells you “Nalan has been having aches and pains all day. I had him retire early in hopes that a full night’s rest might help. Have to admit, although the additional business has been nice all the noise has given me a killer headache.

Mongo goes to be. Melody stays up long enough for Mongo to go to sleep, then uses the Dream sphere to give Mongo a nice start to his night’s rest and the Restoration sphere to take care of the Wisdom drain. When Mongo wakes in the morning, he will feel much better.

Provided you don’t have anything else your character wants to do before sleeping, you can change around your spells.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Tycho puts Ice Cold Lemonade on watch and goes to sleep.

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Spells updated.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Mine too.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

I'm good.


Mosquito Witch

All of you manage to get a good nights sleep. Mongo looks and feels much better in the morning.

When you get to the common room, you find that not everyone rested as well as you. Dalviss seems on edge — so much so that he keeps the halberd that was hanging over the bar with him now.

As the first of you enter the common room, Dalviss has just broken up a fight between two of the townsfolk. Dalviss throws them out of the Inn and throws a pancake after them, yelling “If you want to fight over this, do it outside!

He pinches the bridge of his nose, then wearily looks towards your group. “No fights in here, please!

Leeara comes rushing out with a plate of food for a different table and then rushes back into the kitchen. At least she looks alright.

After Warpac uses his magic to make sure none of the food is contaminated, you sit down for some breakfast. You can still sense the presence of The Emmissary as it flies towards Dustpawn, and given the current speed you expect it to arrive sometime this afternoon.

Nalan does not appear to be working this morning.

Status:
No one in the party is cursed or has negative levels, attribute damage or attribute drain.
The Orrery of Distant Worlds is still intact, folded up in Tycho’s haversack.
All globes had to be put back in place after Melody used them on Mongo so that the Orrery could be folded back up.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Admiral Drace sharply salutes his compatriots and takes a seat.

He watches Dalviss break up the fight with a look of revulsion. If discipline is the bridge between goal and achievement, then we are doomed to failure. He takes a bite of flapjack and smiles. Well, at least Leeara's on KP duty.

The end of our campaign is in sight. What is the plan for engaging the Enemy? We have good defensive measures in place, but Dustpawn is a rather large field of battle, and leaves the Emissary with room for many maneuvers. Where, exactly, will our Enemy will land?

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"We should try to lure it away from the people. We don't want innocent civilians getting hurt."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"But we have no idea where the Emissary will appear and how he will act. Luring it away is all well and good if we can be in the right place when it arrives. Is that near the well or somewhere else. And where did that damn mage go to? Albatross or something. What was his name? Anyway, maybe we should look for him while we wait."


Mosquito Witch

As you are discussing what to do, Dalviss comes up to your table with a worried expression on his face.

Sorry to trouble you like this, but could you please look in on Nalan?” He seems to be addressing the whole group, not sure exactly who would be best qualified.

Pointing towards the back area, he explains “He is still in bed and I can’t wake him. Furthermore, his body seems to be swelling. I am worried about him.

Room A4 is Nalan’s room.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward
Warpac wrote:
And where did that damn mage go to? Albatross or something. What was his name? Anyway, maybe we should look for him while we wait.

I am the albatross, around the wizard's neck. I'm sure Zorriah is off somewhere, enjoying his delusions before getting court-martialed. Let the man have his illusions.


Mosquito Witch

I forgot to ask, exactly what did you do with the Captain?

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"He eat anythin' tha mighta been off?" Timtenzekil ponders aloud, before smacking his head lightly. "No offense, Dalviss, just wondering."

With the change in spells, Tim and Penny have greater longstrider extended and Penny has extended GMF. Further buffs will come when the Emissary is closer.


Mosquito Witch

Frowning, Dalviss says “Wouldn’t he have vomited if it was food poisoning?

Then he adds “In any case, Leeara is cooking again so it is extremely unlikely to be something he ate recently.

By the way, anyone who ate here has noticed the difference in the cooking. The food now has flavor!

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Probably the prison, with firm words not to let him escape?

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Brig. I mean, Prison.


Mosquito Witch

Works for me!

Flashback!

Last night when you brought Captain Zorriah to the prison, he got quite a few strange looks. Still, they locked him up in his own cell. The other Cultists yell a mixture of threats and pleading for release. Melody doesn’t think any of them have suddenly changed their ways, so you leave them there as well.

The mayor does apologize again about Abtaroh escaping.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

Mongo yawns and stretches as he walks into the common room after sleeping in. "I feel like a new man! Had the best dream last night, too, though I can't remember much of it. Anyway, what's for breakfast?"

He eats as he gets caught up on the morning's discussion. "That worries me about Nalan. Do you think he might be turning bestial, like the others?"

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

The admiral has his doubts, as "swelling body" isn't on the list of any animal attribute he knows, except for pufferfish.

Only one way to find out! The Admiral heads upstairs. The Admiral will wait for someone to open the door.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Hey, I read a book once where an alien laid an egg in someone's body and it spawned right from his stomach. I assumed this Emissary would arrive like a meteorite or something. But maybe he's going to pop from Nalan. Or some vanguard. We better check in on him right now!"

Warpac has himself so worked up he uses the holy strike blessing before entering the room.


Mosquito Witch

You can hear the sounds of someone thrashing around Nalan’s room.

As you get ready to open the door, you hear what sounds like wood breaking and a deep groan with a hint of pain followed by a roar of rage.

As Warpac opens the door, he and Tycho look into the room. The desk and chair is directly across from the door. There is a broken bed against the north wall with Nalan standing in the ruins of it.

Nalan has grown, he is now about the size of an Ogre or Hill Giant. His skin is now purple and he has immense tentacles growing from his back. His mouth has widened and is now filled with sharp teeth.

This looks different than the other Id Mutants you have seen.

You get a brief flash of delight at sight of the creature coming through your link with The Emmissary.

Kn: Local to know more.
Initiative post to follow soon!


Mosquito Witch

Initiative:

Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tycho: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 +4 if Heightened Awareness active
Theodric: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 +4 if Heightened Awareness active, Always acts in surprise round
Mango goes with Theodric
Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 +2 underground

Nalan having a very bad day: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Bolded may act:

Round 1:

Theodric
Melody
Timtenzekil

Nalan
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo

Currently on Slide 6


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

local: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Theodric fires off a magic missile from the back of the hallway.

MM: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 3, 1) + 5 = 18


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"

Tim gets a guidance.


Mosquito Witch

Theodric:

Male unique giant id mutant old human with class levels.
CN Large humanoid (human)

Based on some of the small talk, you expect he was some sort of warrior in his adventuring days.

Barely able to glimpse the creature that was Nalan, Theodric’s missiles weave their way past everyone and strike true.

Bolded may act:

Round 1:

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil
Guidance
Nalan 18 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

"Don't worry friends! We can defeat the creepy tentacle thing! Get to it!"

Melody begins a performance and casts haste!

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

"Penny, playtime!" Timtenzekil barks the command out, before patting the owlbears flesh with an accompanying incantation.

Barkskin along with a command to attack for nonlethal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mosquito Witch

Melody starts up a cheer with a very peppy beat.

Timtenzekil prepares Penny to fight then orders her in.

Nalan can’t really see Theodric very well through the crowd, so he rips apart the wooden wall of the Inn and steps outside.
claw, Power Attack vs wood: 1d6 + 7 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 - 5 = 12
claw, Power Attack vs wood: 1d6 + 7 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 4 - 5 = 9
Good enough to make a hole to step through

You hear screams of fear from the street as this giant creature bursts through the wall of the Inn.

Bolded may act:

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil Guidance
Nalan 18 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo

Round 2:

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil
Guidance

We can shift the map to slide 10 if people think it would help.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

"Oh, no you don't." Feeling frisky after a good night's sleep and some bardic attention, Mongo rushes forward and tries to knock the hulking figure to the ground. Move (provokes if it has reach), Bull Rush. If Bull Rush is successful, then free Overrun attempt and swift-action armor spikes attack.

Bull Rush, IC, haste: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 2 + 1 = 34 <-- 9 bludgeoning damage if successful.

---

If Bull Rush is successful:
Overrun, IC, haste: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + 1 = 20 <-- 9 bludgeoning damage if successful.

And

+1 Armor spikes, IC, haste: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 2 + 1 = 36
Damage, IC: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Ending location depends on successes. If Bull Rush successful, both should be moved 'up' on the map 5ft. If Overrun is also successful, creature is pushed 5ft then Mongo ends up on the other side of it.

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

The hasted Drace moves back through the common room, tricorn bouncing and epaulets flying. I think a double move of 80' should just get Drace just out the front doors, unless there's a crowd inside? Regardless of where Tycho ends up, they will attempt general crowd control.

Drace musters all his years of military training (0), and takes command to reassure the noncombatants. Breakfasting Citizens: Giant Nalan skipped the continental, and has exited the structure. Remain calm!

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric moves back a bit and opens the side door as his brave dodo goes rushing hastidly towards danger.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Are we on panel 10? I do not see a map that looks quite right.

Warpac activates sacred armor/weapon (+1/vicious), casts Bull Strength, and approaches the creature, ready to smack it if it stands up (assuming Mongo knocked it down).

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Bounding through the hall, the owlbear charges up to the only unfriendly face she can see. Mongo's sudden shift of their playmate causes her beak to clack on nothing, eliciting a confused "mnar?"

Bite, Inspired, Hasted on Nalan: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 15

Assuming Mongo moved Nalan enough for everyone to get into place, anyway.


Mosquito Witch
Warpac wrote:
Are we on panel 10? I do not see a map that looks quite right.

We are currently on Slide 6. I said if the combat becomes too big, we could move to Slide 10.

Working on the update. I will allow full movement through open areas of A1, but going through a table would be problematic.

Working on an update.


Mosquito Witch

Yes, Nalan in this form has reach.

Nalan tries to bite Mongo as he approaches, but misses.
Bite, was power attacking wall: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 2 = 20
Damage, power attack: 1d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 4 = 13

Mongo succeeds at Bull Rushing the huge form, but only pushes it 5’ — just enough to get it all the way out of the building through the hole in the wall. That was hard! The attempt to overrun fails, but he does scrape the creature with the armor spikes.

Tycho looks at the narrow and crowded hallway and decides it would be better to go out the front door of the Inn. He rushes through the common room and out the door!

Theodric directs Mango to go out the side door and find Nalan.

Penny charges up to the creature only to find it moved! She doesn’t quite recover and the bite misses!

As I am unsure how to make Warpac’s actions valid, I will ask that they repost now that they know we are on Slide 6.

Bolded may act:

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Nalan 38 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo

Round 2:

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil
Guidance

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Waprac just advances on the aberration after casting his spell.

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody moves in, stops performing, and screams at the creature!

ouch!: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4, 3, 4) = 20 and dazed for 1 round, DC 17 Fort save to halve damage and negate the daze

Lingering performance for three rounds


Mosquito Witch

Warpac calls for his god to give him strength and then advances on the creature.

Melody moves into the room and screams at the creature. It is able to resist the worst of the spell.
Fort: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

Bolded may act:

Round 1:
Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Nalan 48 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo

Round 2:
Lingering Inspire Courage

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil Guidance

The Exchange

Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

Seeing little space to be of use in, the rocky druid stomps quickly out through the common room to step in front of Tycho. Moving up just enough to be a speed bump, he raises his shield to ward off Giant Nalan.

Move action and Total Defense.


Mosquito Witch

Timtenzekil moves up to where he can try to protect Tycho.

Yargh!

Nalan gives a howl of pain and rage, then directs his attention to Mongo who caused some of it. Only the bite and one fist connect, but they both hit hard! The bite seemed to inject something.

bite, Power attack: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 17 - 2 = 32
damage, PA, DR: 1d8 + 7 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 4 - 3 = 15

slam, PA: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 17 - 2 = 30
damage, PA, DR: 1d6 + 7 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 - 3 = 13

Slam, PA: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 - 2 = 23
damage, PA, DR: 1d6 + 7 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 - 3 = 12

tentacle, PA: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 = 25
damage,PA,DR: 1d6 + 3 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 - 3 = 8

tentacle, PA: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 = 17
damage, PA, DR: 1d6 + 3 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 - 3 = 5

Bolded may act:

Need Fort save from Mongo because of Bite

Round 1:
Lingering Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Nalan 48 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo
28 damage, need Fort save

Round 3:

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil
Guidance

Sovereign Court

CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Melody casts heroism, steps forward, and touches Mongo.

Won't help with that initial fort save, but would help with subsequent ones!


Mosquito Witch

Melody reminds Mongo of how heroic he is.

Bolded may act:

Need Fort save from Mongo because of Bite

Round 1:
Lingering Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Nalan 48 damage
Tycho
Warpac
Penny
Mongo
28 damage, need Fort save, Heroism after Fort save

Round 3:

Theodric
Mango

Melody
Timtenzekil Guidance

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Admiral Drace pops his tricorn'd head around Tim's shoulder and chucks a stolen packet of sugar at Nalan… it explodes in a cloud of pale crystals around the giant's head, threatening to blind him.

positioning the burst up in the air and behind, keeping it away from allies

Shadow conjuration: Glitterdust. DC 24 will to disbelieve, then a DC 24 will to not be blinded. If Nalan makes the initial disbelieve save, there's still a 20% chance quasi-real glitter affects him, and might still blind him (meaning, he must still make the will save not to be blinded).

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

"Sorry about this fellow, but you are quite out of controls."

Warpac uses a swift action and a fervor to activate divine favor.

attacks:

To hit Dwarven Double Waraxe, sacred weapon, haste, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 33
Damage, sacred weapon, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d10 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 21
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Holy strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 applies only if Nolan is now evil

Hasted to hit Dwarven Double Waraxe, sacred weapon, haste, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 38
Damage, sacred weapon, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d10 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 19
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Holy strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 applies only if Nolan is now evil
Crit confirm Dwarven Double Waraxe, sacred weapon, haste, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 30
Damage, sacred weapon, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 2d10 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3, 9) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 28

Iterative to hit Dwarven Double Waraxe, sacred weapon, haste, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 - 5 = 14
Damage, sacred weapon, bulls strength, divine favor, inspired: 1d10 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 18
Vicious feedback damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Holy strike damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6 applies only if Nolan is now evil


Mosquito Witch

Will save vs Illusion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Will save vs Blindness: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Nalan roars in anger as glitter fillers their eyes!

Warpac steps up and starts swinging at that point. The advantage isn’t as great as it would be with a more dexterous creature, but still the first two swings are solid hits! The only disappointment is that the holy enchantment does not appear to be activating.

Bolded may act:

Need Fort save from Mongo because of Bite

Round 1:
Lingering Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Nalan 116 damage, blinded
Tycho
Warpac 6 damage
Penny
Mongo
28 damage, need Fort save, Heroism after Fort save

Round 3:

Theodric
Mango

Melody
Timtenzekil Guidance


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Theodric takes advantage of haste and the creature's blindess as Theodric hustles around, drawing his adamantine dagger as he goes before plunging it into the creature.

Haste, courage, flank, invisible
stabbity: 1d20 + 13 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 7 = 30
damage: 1d4 + 3 + 4d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (1, 6, 5, 4) = 22


Theodric's Dodo Familiar HP 36/36 (1NL) | AC 13 T 11 FF 13 | F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +0 | Perception +11 low-light vision

"Squawk!"

Mango waits till the right moment to give a distracting peck.

attack to aid AC for next attack from monster: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 5 = 18


Mosquito Witch

Theodric rushes up while Nalan is still blind and thrusts his dagger into him.

Mango waits for the creature to bite and will peck at it.

Bolded may act:

Need Fort save from Mongo because of Bite

Round 1:
Lingering Inspire Courage +2
Haste

Nalan 138 damage, blinded, will take penalty on next attack
Tycho
Warpac 6 damage
Penny
Mongo
28 damage, need Fort save, Heroism after Fort save

Round 3:

Theodric
Mango
Melody
Timtenzekil Guidance

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Squawking and hopping, Penny looks for a chance to close with her playmate and nip at his flank.

Delaying until Mongo can try to open space.

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,835 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.