GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! (Inactive)

Game Master BretI

Doom Comes to Dustpawn
Player Notes


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,835 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

"MNARRRRRRRR!" The owlbear launches into a full throated scream, gal-lumphing over the intervening distance to snap at the vrock.

Bite, Haste, Inspired, Bull Strength on Vrock: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 28
Damage on Vrock: 1d6 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 17

Move and attack, only magical damage so does not overcome DR.


Mosquito Witch

Melody’s SR check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Fort save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Melody’s scream gets through to the Vrock, but it doesn’t stun it.

Timtenzekil provides Penny with some extra strength and then directs her to kill the Vrock!

She waddles forward and the Vrock lashes out with a claw as she comes in. Fortunately Penny is well protected, the claw misses.
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 = 11

Tycho uses the wand as Penny moves forward to provide a blessing.

Penny hits, but most of the damage is lost.

The Vrock shakes it’s feathers, releasing a cloud of spores that cover Warpac, Theodric, Mongo and Penny. The spores burrow into their skin and start sprouting vines!
Spore damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3
Free action, No save, but if you are immune to disease it doesn’t affect you.

Then it turns its attention to Mongo. “Time to pull that tongue of yours out! Telling me to be quiet! The nerve of some mortals!
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
damage, DR: 2d6 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (4, 5) + 5 - 3 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
damage, DR: 2d6 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 5 - 3 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
damage, DR: 1d8 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 3 = 4
Talon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 3 = 4
Talon: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 5 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 3 = 4

It is a horrifying flurry of activity, but in the end only a single claw attack managed to connect.

Bolded may act:

Round 2:
Haste
Inspire Courage +2
Bless

Vrock 35 damage
Timtenzekil
Mongo 22 damage cursed (1 Wisdom drain, fatigued)
Tycho
Penny 3 damage

Round 3:

Theodric 3 damage
Melody
Warpac 3 damage

Scarab Sages

Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

Abtaroh pulls out their wand of Moment of greatness and casts it. Where is the emissary?

Kind of holding back, this vrock seems like a distraction. I may try to color spray it next round if it's still up.


Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

Annoyed at the spores suddenly implanting themselves Theodric takes another couple stabs at thee vrock.

haste, flank, courage, bless

stabbity: 1d20 + 13 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 6 = 30
damage: 1d4 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (4, 6, 4, 1) = 18

Theodric uses his moment of courage for his hasted stab.

stabbing: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (13) + 20 = 33
damage: 1d4 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6, 5, 4, 3) = 20

not penetrating DR.

Sczarni

Female Owlbear10 HP 94/94 AC:31/TC:11/FF:29 Perc +7 F +11 R +8 W +4 (+4 vs mind-affecting) CMD 31 Init +3 Default Order: Guard Rear Party Member

Hissing at the vile growths in her fur, Penny joins in the dogpile on the vrock!

Bite, Haste, Inspired, Bull Strength, Bless on Vrock: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 34
Damage on Vrock: 1d6 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 17

Claw, Haste, Inspired, Bull Strength, Bless on Vrock: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 37
Damage on Vrock: 1d4 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 16
Confirmation on Vrock: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
Crit on Vrock: 1d4 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 18

Claw, Haste, Inspired, Bull Strength, Bless on Vrock: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 35
Damage on Vrock: 1d4 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 17

Hasted Bite, Haste, Inspired, Bull Strength, Bless Moment of Greatness on Vrock: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 36
Damage on Vrock: 1d6 + 11 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 + 2 = 16

OKAY THEN

"MMMMMMMMNAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!"

Grand Lodge

Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

Warpac comes out of his stupor wondering whhere the time went. He could have sworn that just a moment ago Penny was on the other side of the room. And where did those vines growing on him come from?

Shrugging of the last effects of the screech, Warpac moves to close the circle around the demon, activates his bane baldric vs. evil outsiders, and takes his best shot.

"Rest time's over."

First attack

  • to hit, sacred weapon, bane, inspire courage, bless, haste, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 33
  • damage, sacred weapon, bane, inspire courage: 1d10 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 2 + (2, 6) + 2 = 29

    Hasted attack

  • to hit, sacred weapon, bane, inspire courage, bless, haste, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 38
  • damage, sacred weapon, bane, inspire courage: 1d10 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 + 2 + (3, 1) + 2 = 27

    Iterative attack

  • to hit, sacred weapon, bane, inspire courage, bless, haste, flank: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 5 = 28
  • damage, sacred weapon, bane, inspire courage: 1d10 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 2 + (2, 3) + 2 = 27


  • 1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Mosquito Witch

    Theodric hits both times, managing to do about half the damage he expected.

    Penny demonstrates how attacking works, especially the second claw attack slicing open the belly of the creature. The Vrock is still standing after all that abuse, but only long enough to see a certain dwarven axe come slicing it’s way.

    Although not all the damage gets through on each hit, the two of them do so much damage that it reduces the Vrock to a messy stain that dissolves away.

    Seeing what happened, the Captain cries “You broke my engine! How am I supposed to ever get off planet without my Vrocket Engine!

    Combat over

    The vines continue to grow out of people.
    next round of sporadic damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

    They will continue growing and harming the people for a little while yet. Giving you a chance to try and figure out how to end it. Otherwise I can just give the total damage.

    Status:
    Timtenzekil
    Mongo 26 damage cursed (1 Wisdom drain, fatigued)
    Tycho
    Penny 7 damage
    Theodric 7 damage
    Melody
    Warpac 7 damage

    The Exchange

    Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

    "...yer WHAT now?" The wispy depressions serving as Timtenzekil's face regard the captain with apparent incredulity.


    Mosquito Witch

    My Vrocket Engine! Harnesses the telekinetic power of a Vrock to move.

    Scarab Sages

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    The admiral marches around the corner; he's tapping a marching baton in his white-gloved hand. He looks down his nose at the captain. Your vrocket? No, Zorriah. No, no, no. This is LIRGEN'S vrocket. Don't you ever forget that!

    He sigh loudly. Sir, you must be discreet with state secrets, especially on a strange planet with emissaries running amok.

    Note how I, Admiral Drace, talked of pistons and other such foolishness while there might have been spies about. The golden baton traces a circuitous path through the air while the Admiral lectures. You have to throw them off the scent, Zorriah. Ever vigilant! Ever disciplined! This is why you're not Admiral material.

    And really, what do you think would happen if the gnomes got their own vrocket technology? The answer is gruesome.

    Think on this old Lirgen saying while I employ repairs: loose lips sink ships.

    The admiral does a sharp about-face and taps Mongo with the parade baton four times —

    wand charges:

    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

    — before performing a right flank MARCH over to Warpac, tapping the dwarf twice.

    wand charges:

    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
    1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

    He then marches back into the engine room, to the desk. He utilizes another wand to heighten his awareness before rifles through the desk, looking for clues.

    sight-based perception, Heightened Awareness, Heroism: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 22


    Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

    Theodric quietly refreshes his heightened awareness as well before whispering a prayer to Pharasma for the Vrock.

    happy to just cure the total spore damage.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

    Mongo looks at the dissolving pile of vrock and repeats "Shaddap."

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    Melody looks horrified at the spores in her friends.


    Mosquito Witch

    The spores continue to cause gnarled vines to grow out of the people. After about a minute, they shrivel up and fall away.

    Damage is 1d4 per round for 9 more rounds.

    Spore damage: 9d4 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1) = 14

    I will give additional information later. Busy for the next few hours.

    Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    "Using demons in any capacity is generally a bad idea, sir. Looks like you're stuck here for good now."

    Warpac hoists the captain to his feet and reminds him that this was all his fault.

    "And here we were trying to be friendly and you, all this time, a demon coddler."

    Warpac shakes his head and starts searching the room.

    perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

    Stuck where? Didn't he say he was trying to get back to Golarion? Mongo decides, as he frequently does, that he should keep his mouth shut and let the talkers talk. Instead, he draws his wand and holds it out to Melody. "Hey Mel, tap me with this a few times?"

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
    CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    I missed the first arcana check when combat started, although Theodric seems to have gotten it as well.

    Arcana, heroism, heightened awareness: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 19

    The Admiral glances at the statue. Mother Moon would weep at the state of our star monarch.

    And I for one would love to see Lirgen one day, even if it meant finding a vrocket scientist to help. Imagine, stepping out the hatch and being back on Golarion…

    He shakes his head and turns back to his investigation.


    Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

    Seemed not relevant to combat so figured I'd wait till after to explain

    Theodric nods to Admiral Tycho. "Yes, a strange way to worship Desna, maybe normal where they come from though..."

    Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    Assuming Tycho heals after the additional damage is done he goes from -17 to -4 points of damage. Fey Foundling gives him an extra 4 healing from the two charges which would have healed 9.

    Warpac uses a charge from his own wand to top himself off (even a roll of 1 would put him at max HP).


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Mosquito Witch

    The captain looks angrily at Admiral Disgrace.

    I designed the drive and navigational system! I convinced them of the feasibility and got the project approved! I was made captain for the voyage!

    My ship, you fraud!” There is plenty of anger and more than a little spittle in his shouted retort.


    Mosquito Witch

    Status as I have them:

    Timtenzekil
    Mongo 0 damage cursed (1 Wisdom drain, fatigued)
    Tycho
    Penny 21 damage
    Theodric 21 damage
    Melody
    Warpac 0 damage

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    The Admiral's new aviator badge, proudly pinned to his purple lapel, is shaped like a the wings of a vrock.

    He polishes it while the captain raves. And now here we are, Zorriah… lost with a faulty navigational system, and stranded with a broken vrocket.


    Mosquito Witch

    I am going to assume that the searching includes a Detect Magic spell.

    The statue has lingering traces of abjuration and transmutation magic on it. You would guess it was badly damaged when the craft crash landed.

    Spellcraft on Statue, DC 30:
    The patterns on the statue's wings were once controls for the ship, and that by touching certain patterns the captain could plot complex courses. The lingering magic is what is left of the control system.

    Looking over the area where the Vrock, Theodric is able to verify that there was a Binding spell used to confine it to that area. The walls are set up to absorb and redirect the Vrock’s telekinetic power.

    The desk has a log of course changes made. Someone with enough navigational skill could figure out their exact course of travel. Based on the log, the ship was launched Midsummer’s day, AR 4600.

    There is a note that communication was lost with Lirgen in 4606.

    Other than the navigational information, there are only scattered notes. There is a note and index location for where the complete logs are kept. The index is useless other than knowing they kept them in dream crystals.

    There is a note that communication with Lirgen was suddenly lost in AR 4606. There is no indication of how they were communicating, only that it suddenly quit working. The ship continued on course.

    In AR 4656 there is a note of making contact with an entity — The Emmissary. This is a creature of the Dark Tapestry called a vespergaunt. The creature attached itself to the outside of the hull and used magic to transform much of the crew. At this point, the navigator notes they will no longer be able to use the Dream crystals, somehow the Emmissary has changed and corrupted them.

    Eventually all except the navigator were transformed and put into a suspended animation. The navigator was able to hold up here and used their magic to create supplies to live off. Unfortunately The Emmissary had taken over the controls and directed the ship back to Golarian.

    The notes for the return trip are sparse but include a few drawings of the sights seen along the way, along with mentions of nightmares and how bad a travel companion a Vrock is when it comes to conversation.

    The last entry says “The landing was more of a crash, but we are finally back on Golarian! I think The Emmissary detached from the hull before we entered the atmosphere.

    I will atttempt to sneak past my crew mates and go find help. Hopefully I will find someone able to transform my crew mates and captain back to themselves and fight the Emmissary!


    Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

    Theodric notes "Once we finish securing this location we should use the dream scroll on Mongo."

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    Yes, yes… this journal is old news. The Admiral brushes it to the side. Where's the emissary? That's the question!

    He nods eagerly at the idea of giving Mongo dreams.

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    Melody uses her wand of identify.

    Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

    "This is all so confusing! Who in Lirgen was talking to someone from outer space? What is a vespergaunt? Are there other people still around?"

    Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    "Well, Theodric, how about using a sphere on the Captain. I hope that one of them might help. He does seem quite irritable and that is one of the signs of corruption. What do you say, captain? Would you allow us to cast a spell on you to see if it will cure you?"

    "And, yes, finding this emissary thing is crucial or it will just start corrupting innocent citizens again."


    Mosquito Witch

    It is Kn: Dungeoneering to know what a vespergaunt is.

    The Captain makes no comment on The Emmissary, but at Melody’s question of who they were talking to he glares at Admiral Disgrace and says “Yes, who would they be speaking to Admiral? If you were really connected to Lirgen, you should know.

    When Warpac asks about allowing a spell cast on him, he gets a shrewd look on his face and says “I think perhaps Apostae or Triaxus would do me the most good.

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    Melody ponders.

    Knowledge (dungeoneering): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


    Mosquito Witch

    Melody:

    NE Medium ooze
    ooze traits

    It appears as an amorphous mass of eyes, tentacles and protoplasm surrounded by roiling clouds of vapor.

    Although they are very powerful, you are not sure what powers they possess.

    Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    "I don't think so, Captain, but one of those globes cast a dream spell and I don't think that would cause any trouble. Supposedly that spell cures the curse."


    Mosquito Witch

    Cure a curse? You don’t cure Curses, you break them!

    In case it wasn’t clear before, Dream is only a cure for the specific cursed cause by Animated Dreams such as Cosmic Elf. It doesn’t fix other curses.

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    "Oh wait, I've heard of vespergaunts! All eyes and tentacles and protoplasm. Big nasty oozes."

    The Exchange

    Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

    "Can they be killed? Cause it sounds like we are gonna hafta kill it." Tim sighs.

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    "I...think so?"

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward
    Deposed Captain Zorriah wrote:
    Yes, who would they be speaking to Admiral?

    Rhetorical questions, Zorriah! Not worth your energy, or mine!

    The captain marches back and forth, polishing his vrock wings with a purple shirtsleeve.

    We have all the piece of the orrery and can move it where we will. We have a broken engine and a missing Emissary.

    Let us investigate this last room — there may be stowaways. The admiral steps to the door.


    Mosquito Witch

    D3

    You open the door to find a room with boxes and containers lying in a jumbled heap against the walls of this room—many have broken open, spilling their contents across the room.

    It looks like supplies were stored here. The harnesses were not able to hold the containers in place during the crash.

    There don’t appear to be any creatures here. You can search through the wreckage, but it will take several minutes to do so.

    Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    Warpac begins a search

    perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

    Hmmm. Seems like his wayward axe is spawning more messes as he moves along and he is not finding squat.

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    sight-based perception, Heightened Awareness, Heroism: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 28


    Mosquito Witch

    Most of the equipment stored in this room was destroyed during the crash, but you do find several brass tubes fitted into the wall. They were partially buried by rubble.

    Several bottles of air were once once attached to these tubes but only a single one is still functional. It can be detached from the tubes and taken.

    That is the only thing of real value you find in the room.

    Although some of the supplies that were stored here included preserved food and water, the bulk was materials for repairing the ship, for research, and for comfort. Considering how long the ship was traveling, you would have expected larger food stores.

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

    "So..." Mongo says, scratching his head, "where to now? Anyone got any bright ideas?"

    Sovereign Court

    CG Halfling Bard 10 | HP: 82/82 | AC: 26 (17 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 22 | F: +9, R: +15, W: +10 (+7 vs. charm & compulsion, +4 vs sonic and language-dependent, +2 vs fear) | Init: +8 | Speed 30ft | P: +8 SM +24 | Bardic Performance 24/28 | Spells Available 1: 6/7, 2: 2/6, 3: 2/4, 4: 2/2 | Active conditions: none

    "Well, we should check in on how the town is doing. And I guess try to figure out where this Emissary is?"

    Scarab Sages

    Gen. Neut. Oracle | HP 56/56 | Init+ 5 | F:+9 R: +9 W: +10 (+18 vs chm/compul.; +12 vs illus/fear/desp.) | AC 21 T 16 F 19 | CMD 14 | Speed 20(30) | M. Bridge: 7/7 | Etern. Hope: 1/1 | Vest. 1/1 | V. Pool: 9/10 | Spells: 1: 6/8 2: 6/8 3: 6/7 4: 3/4 | Current disguise: Vonner Flay, Dogcatcher | Rerolls: 0/1 Active: Siv. Veils, Longstrider, Heroism, 6 Mirror Images, Shld. Faith, Death Ward

    Standard Lirgen procedure requires that we do a diagnostic on the navigation system. If there is nothing to be done, we must take it with us so the ship is rendered inert.

    Admiral Drace makes his way back to the orrery and proceeds to reattach all the planets. Is contact other plane recharged? I am not sure risking the int/cha drain is worth it, unless we get desperate. I then again… we could always just ask the Emissary where it is :)

    Drace fiddles with it recklessly.

    Kn. Arcana, Heightened Awareness, Heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 12

    Still not worth my Eternal Hope reroll (this is also an example of why I almost never actually use it)

    Surely, one of you Navigators can operate this gewgaw better!


    Human Male - Evangelist of Pharasma 9 HP 69/72 | AC 21 T 16 FF 15 | F +6 R +11 W +6 | Init +16 | Perception +13 | Always acts in surprise Prescience (6/9) | ISA (1/1)

    Theodric ponders the Vespers.

    know Dungeon: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22


    Mosquito Witch

    Theodric:
    NE Medium ooze
    ooze traits
    It appears as an amorphous mass of eyes, tentacles and protoplasm surrounded by roiling clouds of vapor.

    Although they are very powerful, you are not sure what powers they possess.

    This is the same information I gave to Melody.

    Is the rest of the group following Tycho or do you want to search someplace else first?

    Grand Lodge

    Male CG Dwarf Warpriest/9 | HP: 93/93 | DR3 vs. first attack | AC/FF/Tch: 30/28/14 27/25/12 | CMB: +14 +10 (+6 on BR), CMD: 25 21 (+2 vs. BR) | F/R/W ST: 14/8/13 14/8/13 (+4 st soul, +2 vs. death) | Diplomacy +2, HAnim +2, Heal +8, KnEng +6, KnRel +8, Perception: +11, SenseMtv +7, SpCft +6, Survival +7 | Init: +1 (+2 underground) | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: none

    Warpac follows along, captain in tow, as They return to the front and play with the orrery. "I just don't trust that thing. I wouldn't be surprised if something invades you mind when you use it."

    "Do we want to examine the room with the two guardians (AKA D6) before we go? And we definitely have to revisit Sonrize. I hope we can cure her."

    Grand Lodge

    Male Half-Orc Fighter (siegebreaker) 8 | hp 69/69, temp 4/4 | AC 27 (haste +1) T 13 (haste +1) F 26 | DR 3/- (adam. armor) | CMB +13 (+2 Bull Rush/Over.) CMD 25 (27 Bull Rush/Overrun, 32 Grapple/Trip) (haste +1) | F +11, R +6 (haste +7), W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +1 (Dark 60), SM +13 | Speed 30' (haste 60')| Breaker Rush: 9 dam on Bull Rush/Overrun | Armored Vigor (4 temp hp) 3/5 | Current conditions: heroism, haste, fly

    Mongo salutes and follows as well.


    Mosquito Witch

    Tycho slides the spheres into their proper positions on the Orrery of Distant Worlds. As the last sphere is added, the Orrery begins to glow and the spheres start moving. It is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, all the spheres in their proper orbits. There is a dot of light on the sphere representing Golarian, and judging from the position on Avistan it most likely represents the current location of the Orrery.

    Then you feel something alien reaching out to your minds. It sends a chill down your spines. There is a mental presence — one you realize must be The Emissary — projecting out of the Orrery and contacting all of you individually. At the contact, your minds are flooded with vivid hallucinations.

    You faintly hear Captain Zorriah cry out in distress “It has found me again! You led it here!

    Your visions show you a creature of eyes and horror, hurtling through the stars. A voice projects itself into your minds. INTERESTING... YOU DARE OPPOSE ME? NO, IT CANNOT BE.

    SEE WHAT MY MIGHT WILL BRING. JOIN ME. STAND AT THE VANGUARD OF MY ARMY!

    The visions shift and you see the creature floating above Dustpawn, as people scream and mutate. The townsfolk form a horde that sweeps through the town, a chaotic mob guided by the creature. The mob sweeps through neighboring cities, killing or transforming the citizens there as well. Those at the Vanguard take what they want.

    You have a feeling The Emissary is offering you power and a position in what is to come. Great wealth, power and knowledge from the stars would be yours in exchange for your service. It is clear this is just the start of some greater plan, although you have no clue as to what the end objectives are.

    JOIN ME AND GAIN POWER! REJECT ME AND BE THE FIRST TO FALL.

    You get a vision of The Emissary ripping a person apart with its tentacles, causing the body to disintegrate except for the eyes and brain. Those it gathered and absorbed into itself. You can almost hear the sloshing sound as they merge — which is quite unusual for Tycho.

    DC 21 Will save (mind effecting), uncover if you fail:
    The visions are much more vivid and real to you. You have lost track of where you are, thinking that you are surrounded by the creatures from the visions.

    You are confused for d4 rounds. For any attacks, you see yourself striking out at a creature from the vision.

    You can roll the duration yourself.

    Please roll for confusion and play it out.

    Initiative:

    Melody: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
    Mongo: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
    Tycho: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 = 22 Heightened Awareness used
    Theodric: 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 4 = 40 Heightened Awareness used, Always acts in surprise round
    Mango is outside the area
    Timtenzekil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Penny: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
    Warpac: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +2 underground

    Captain Zorriah, helpless: 1d20 + 5 - 6 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 6 = 1

    Captain Zorriah, Will save: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

    Bolded may act:
    Everyone please roll a Will save. I will be grouping people up once I see the results of the Will saves.

    Round 1:

    Theodric
    Melody
    Tycho
    Timtenzekil 21 damage
    Mongo 0 damage cursed (1 Wisdom drain, fatigued)
    Penny 21 damage
    Warpac
    Captain Zorriah 105 damage, 14 non lethal helpless

    The Exchange

    Male Oread Druid10 HP93/93 AC25 TC12 FF23 CMD25 F+15 R+7 W+15 (+4 vs fey) Init +2 Perc +23(25 vs stonework) Spd 40

    Will Save: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

    1,451 to 1,500 of 1,835 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Bret’s Outpost II Doom comes to Dustpawn! All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.