GM JaceDK's Fangwood Keep

Game Master Jacob Trier

A game of infiltration, subterfuge and close-quarter combat for 4th level PCs, set in the disputed lands between Nirmathas and Molthune.


451 to 500 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Storyteller extraordinaire

The crossbow is indeed dusty and looks like it's been hidden for a while.


Storyteller extraordinaire

What's the move, brave heroes?


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

I don't know, actually


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Group up, start moving through the halls, looking for small groups to ambush. At least, that's my plan


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

"Let's find a door, hells this one will suffice. When the numbers dwindle, when they get bored, we hit them again. One at a time until our ruse get's discovered or they're all dead."

He takes a lean on the wall, "Works for me. I don't want a real fight here this isn't a war." The con looks at the others and says aloud, "Though maybe we can start heading toward that excavation site as we do so. Thin them down and once we get an opening go downward and see what all the fuss was about in this fortress."


Storyteller extraordinaire

Readying yourselves for the worst, you crack open the door. You look out into a deserted rectangular corridor. Directly opposite you is a closed wooden door. Your noses pick up the scent of cooked food behind it and you can hear sounds of chopping and clanks of pots and pans. Occasionally an angry yell can be heard over the cooking noices.

To the east and west are similar closed doors. You guess the western door leads to the center of the keep.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

More chaos in the kitchen might not be noticed AND we could try setting a fire there... though if it gets too out of hand this place is done for, Grumbles muses


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

He laughs internally, the thought of a dwarf always going to the structure first and foremost. "Look, I think we should scout our options first."

Clayton moves silently into the room toward the eastern door and listens in.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

Elduin listens to the kitchen sounds and tries to make out how many people are in there.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles nocks an arrow and covers them...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Through the closed kitchen door, Elduin picks up the sound of movement and speech from several creatures. His best guess is between two and four, but he is unable to make out the details of what is said within. One of the voices is distinctly rougher and more aggressive than the others, and sounds too deep and menacing to even be a hobgoblin.

The other, lighter voices only speak in short, submissive phrases, obviously wary of invoking the ire of the more aggressive occupant of the room.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"We can jump 'em, especially if we can sleep some of them. I can make someone invisible, if we want, then we rush in and go stabby stab."


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

I'm in, Grumbles nods assent.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton thinks quickly, each moment made the situation worse and not better. "I'm ready to strike hard and fast."


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

You're the fastest... you do it


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Tired of waiting Clayton opens the door quietly, hoping to give them the edge they need. "It's showtime."

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Initiating the encounter here I suppose. Got to break choice paralysis somehow!


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Silas moves into position with the others to best lend his particular brand of assistance when required.

Clayton Stenos wrote:
Initiating the encounter here I suppose. Got to break choice paralysis somehow!

In the future could we just go ahead and assume that after a reasonable course of action has been suggested and then seconded by any other player that we just go with it?

Either that or we need to designate a leader and let them make most of the decisions.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

With an arrow knocked Elduin follows Clayton.
stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Storyteller extraordinaire

Clayton swings the door open to reveal what is surely the keep's kitchen.

A large cooking fireplace takes up most of the northern wall; a black iron kettle is suspended over the hearth. A long, narrow worktable fills the western half of the room, clearly used for the preparation of food, The southern and eastern walls are covered with shelves holding spices; dry goods; and various pots, pans, large bowls, terrines and other cooking vessels.

A pair of heavily bruised and frightened looking half-elf males work side by side at the worktable.

Seated on a chair in the north-west corner is an ugly creature with flared black and brown fur. It cradles a massive greatclub fashioned out of a sturdy tree limb in one hand and holds what appears to be a human skull in the other.

Obviously alert from the raised alarm, the hulking creature jumps to its feet the moment the door is opened. It stands more than a head taller than any of you and muscles bulge beneath its pelt.

"WHO GOES THERE?! NOONE ENTERS TRALG'S KITCHEN WITHOUT PERMISSION. YOUR FLESH WILL SOON ROAST ON THE HEARTH, INVADERS!" the brute roars in accented Common. It pushes the teeth of the skull and moves it over the greatclub, causing a viscous liquid to seep out onto the wooden weapon. Its eyes, which appear almost too big for its head, turn from milk-white to red as roars in fury.

Knowledge (nature) DC 12:
This is a bugbear, the largest of the goblinoid races. They are loners, preferring to live and kill on their own rather than form tribes of their own kind, yet it isn’t uncommon to find bugbears working together with goblin or hobgoblin tribes where they function as elite guards or executioners. Bugbears have both darkvision and scent.

At the furious outburst, both half-elves drop their utensils and cower in the corner furthest from the brute, clutching each other in terror.

Go ahead and post your reactions. I'll take us into combat tomorrow. No surprise round. The map is a bit cramped for this location, so I'm considering doing without. Assume the creature is 10-15 feet from the door with a clear charge lane.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Stochelo holds back for a moment, concentrating on his rapier and channeling magic into the blade. As it begins to glow slightly, he moves up to threaten the creature along with the other melee fighters.

Using arcane pool to enchant rapier +1 for 1 minute, move action to enter room and threaten (hopefully flank) the enemy


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

K:Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Clayton recognizes the creature and looks up at it. "This isn't your kitchen; and it isn't going to be easy to throw us out of here. We just came for the half-elves."

He gives the two a reassuring wink, "Now, how about we all take this nice and easy and no one gets hurt. Would hate to have to lug your body out of here."


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

When Elduin sees the chef (knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10), he's not sure what creature it was despite his forest home.
However, it was clearly of evil nature and not treating these fellow half-elves well. He releases the knocked arrow and reloads and shoots a second one.

attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

please apply cover as you see fit
sneak attack, if flat-footed: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles also follows Elduins example and puts two arrows into the brute.

Longbow
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 12
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Longbow (Rapid Shot)
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Seeing the big brute and his possibly poisoned club, Silas targets him with a painful cantrip... casting shadow bite

ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

...causing a small piece of shadow material, shaped like a needle, to jump out of a darkened corner and lance the frothing adversary in the elbow joint.

DC 15 fort save or 50% chance he drops anything being held and falls prone.

init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 If Silas can get his spell off before the brute can rage, it will have a higher chance of succeeding. :P


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

yes, initiative is important this time. It determines my sneak attack damage
initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Tralg init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Grumbles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Clayton: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Stochelo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Tralg Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Prone? (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 61

Elduin and Silas react as soon as they spot the threat.

Silas magic takes hold and seems to affect the hulking brute, but the insubstantial shadow magic does not appear to do anything. Save fail, but percentage roll passed

While the brute grunts in confusion at the shadow serpent, Elduin places two arrows in his chest, causing him to roar in pain. Instinctively, the goblinoid shifts sligthly to prevent damage to his vital organs. Both hits, but no sneak attack because...reasons

Tralg then finishes coating his weapon and swings it with a challenging roar laced with crazed fury. Tralg's actions are carried out as described above.

Grumbles also fires, one arrow finding the mark, the other striking the iron kettle with a loud clang.

Clayton and Stochelo up in round 1

Init:
Silas - 22 - acted
Elduin - 22 - acted
Tralg - 18 - acted - 13 total dmg
Grumbles - 17 - acted
Clayton - 11
Stochelo - 5


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

please add +1 damage, so a total of 2. I forgot to include Point-Blank Shot
btw. stupid uncanny dodge...


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Stochelo steps up and delivers a lunge against the club wielding creature.

Swift Action: +1 to weapon for 1 min. Move to engage, standard action to stab.

Stabby!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 to hit, for Piercing Magical: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage

"Fast and hard, stab him down!"

Current effects: mirror image (3 images), arcane pool 5/6, sword +1 (1 min), AC 19, HP 27/27


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton tries to weave toward the bugbear before quickly darting in another direction, hoping to catch it off balance.

Snake Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Possibly denied Dexterity
Damage?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 +Poison DC 15 or take an additional 3 damage. Repeats for 1 turn on failed save, up to 2 times.
Sneak Attack if Feinted: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

His venom coated fists go low hoping to smash into a kidney. "Offer still stands."


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Sorry I summarized the spell poorly. If it fails its save it must fall prone AND has a 50% chance to drop anything being held. That would mean both the club and the skull.

Relevent text:
You create a momentary needle of cold, sharp pain in a target creature. This causes no damage, but it may break a spellcaster’s concentration. The target uses its next move action to stand up or fall prone (whichever the GM deems most appropriate). There is a 50% chance the subject will drop a held item.


Storyteller extraordinaire
Silαs wrote:

Sorry I summarized the spell poorly. If it fails its save it must fall prone AND has a 50% chance to drop anything being held. That would mean both the club and the skull.

** spoiler omitted **

Ah, gotcha...thought the spell was kinda weak with two chances to avoid any effects. My mistake for not double-checking the spell text. Let's say he falls prone and drops the skull, then uses his turn to stand back up. So he still rages, but no weapon buff. Ironically, falling prone grants him +4 AC vs ranged, so that makes one of Elduin's shots miss. Retcon below.

Startled by the shadow serpent, Tralg stumbles back and trips over the chair he just vacated. He tumbles to the floor, the skull slipping from his grasp. Without hesitation, and with Elduin's arrows wizzing around him, he jumps back up an brandishes his greatclub.

DM rolls:
Tralg Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Then Stochelo swoops in and pierces him with his blade, while Clayton successfully distracts him long enough to land a solid blow. The smash obviously catches the bugbear by surprise, but he seems to shake off the toxin the strike leaves on his skin.

Tralg dmg: 33


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Really not trying to be a pain...:
...but seeing as how this is the first use of the spell, setting precedence and all, the spell text I included in the spoiler seems to indicate that the once the spell is cast, and the save is failed, the target has a 50% chance to drop "anything" being held AND "must use its next move action to stand up or fall prone".

Meaning in this specific scenario, Silas cast his spell ahead of Traig acting. Traig failed his save and would have a 50% for each item held (both the skull and the club rolled separately). He would remain standing until his turn, where he would then have to use his MA to fall prone (seeing as he is already standing). As such, as Elduin went before Traig, he would still be standing when Elduin loosed his arrows (and both hitting). Traig would then fall down as one of his actions. From there he could act normally.

Agree or no?

And because I am Canadian...:
Really sorry.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Elduin sends two more arrows at the prone chef, but both of them miss dramatically.

hell, two 1s


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles also draws down on the bugbear... taking his time.

Point blank
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21
1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9


Storyteller extraordinaire
Silαs wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Canadian apology accepted...Tralg spends his turn falling down and getting up again. I'll add the dmg from Elduin's first shot (again). Silas to act in round two, then Tralg.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 2 Init 22

Silas intends to keep the pressure on. Words of power are recited as he rubs a bit of butter between his fingers causing a slick coating to begin to appear upon the downed brute's weapon. Casting grease targeting his club (DC 15 reflex save or drop weapon)

Status and Effects:
AC 14 HP 26


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:
Ref save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Tralg attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Tralg dmg: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

Tralg dmg: 39

Already fooled once by Silas' magic, Tralg reacts quickly when he notices the tiefling casting another spell. He yanks back his club at the last moment, avoiding the splash of slick green sludge from Silas' hands. He barely notices the arrows from Elduin as the wizz by.

Infuriated, he grabs the greatclub and smashes at Clayton with all his might. The crafty brawler manages to bring up his enchanted buckler to deflect the blow. The sheer force of the impact numbs his arm and Clayton realizes that if he had not angled his shield, the attack would have shattered ever bone in his arm and shoulder.

Tralg roars in frustration and steps to keep all enemies in sight. 5-ft step to deny flank. Rest of the group is up.

P.s. Stochelo might want to thank his chosen deity that Clayton did more damage than he did. If Tralg had targeted him, the hit would have brought him well into the negatives. And Clayton should be grateful that you managed to prevent Tralg from buffing his weapon.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Stunned from the shock of the blocked hit, the brawler shakes his head quickly. He tries to fight in a more conservative style trying to jab the target twice.

Flurry (Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 +2 AC, + Poison

Flurry (Combat Expertise): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 +2 AC, + Poison

Although it looks like he is unable to get a solid hit in; his arm still reeling from the blow earlier.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Mirror image still running, thankfully.

Stochelo steps up with another lunge, hoping to score some telling blow on this creature with his rapier.

Stab, part deux: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 to hit, for Piercing, magic: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage

Threat?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 to hit, for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 additional damage (if applicable)

It does not appear that Stochelo can get his full weight behind the blade, delivering only minor harassing cuts to the foe.


Storyteller extraordinaire

While Clayton's stunned counterattack misses, Stochelo pierces Tralg's abdomen and adds another bleeding wound to the bugbear's increasing injuries. At this point, it seems like only Tralg's rage is keeping him on his feet.

Silas and Elduin to act.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 3 Init 22

Silas delays a second to see if Elduin's bow can bring the enraged foe down before expending more arcane power. delay

Status and Effects:
AC 14 HP 26

PS What kind of club does base 1d20 damage?! :)


Storyteller extraordinaire
Silαs wrote:


PS What kind of club does base 1d20 damage?! :)

The "let's-find-out-who-peeks-at-secret-GM-rolls" kind ;-) Just kidding, it's a copy/paste error. Good catch.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Curiosity got the better of me once you said his damage would send Stochello well into the negatives. :P


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

quick post from vacation


Storyteller extraordinaire

Elduin's last two arrows both find their mark, and the enraged bugbear stumbles forward and collapses with a heavy thud. He twitches a couple of times as unconsciousness cools the intense rage that was keeping him standing, then lies very still.

We're out of combat. Archers, don't forget to track your arrows, by the way.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"That could have gone worse. Anyone get hurt at all?"

Stochelo drives his rapier into the base of the creature's skull to ensure he won't get up again, then turns to the others in the room.

"So, who are you two? Willing or unwilling servants in this kitchen, eh?"

He notably does not sheathe his blade, but keeps the tip down and away from them.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton lets out a small cheer and a shout of victory, "Well done! I knew this was going to be exciting and dangerous." His emphasis was on the latter part.

"You didn't happen to be captured by a river have you? From a nice little small town?" He approaches them, wipes his hands on his pants and extends a hand to help them up. "Clayton." He wasn't as cautious as Stochelo, but he knew what duress looked like and this reeked of it.


Storyteller extraordinaire

The two half-elves still look fairly shocked at the brutal demise of their tormentor.

One of the grabs Clayton's outstretched hand and slowly rises.

"That's right. We're from Purt and were off fishing when they grabbed us. I'm Algorn and this is my brother Belun."


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles moves over to the foe and sees if he can recover any of his arrows.

Glad we found you then, he says as he tries pulling his shafts out of the corpse.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Silas casts a cantrip and scans the room along with the fallen bugbear. detect magic

Not sure that we have time for pleasantries right now. Someone may have heard the big guys shouts. Let's drag him into the hidden passageway and these two can hide in there as well. That is unless you are skilled with blade or spell and wish to assist us?

451 to 500 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM JaceDK's Fangwood Keep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.