GM JaceDK's Fangwood Keep

Game Master Jacob Trier

A game of infiltration, subterfuge and close-quarter combat for 4th level PCs, set in the disputed lands between Nirmathas and Molthune.


601 to 650 of 675 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Can I shove one of the armours into the room? I am not sure where the door is relative to that armour


Storyteller extraordinaire
Georghu "Grumbles" Dobre wrote:
Can I shove one of the armours into the room? I am not sure where the door is relative to that armour

You can push around the armors (and anyone else) using the Bull Rush rules. The southern one is standing in the doorway and appears to engage the hobgoblins. You can't push the other one past that.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Lets move the other one then...

Grumbles engages the other one with his short swords.

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 10
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 9
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

His goal to get it to engage him...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Grumbles stabs and slashes, failing to hit the animated armor, but succeeding in getting it's attention.

The armor retaliates against Grumbles, while the other one lashes out at the hobgoblin armor.

Armor #1 slam attack vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Armor #1 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Armor #2 slam attack vs Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Armor #2 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Grumbles easily evades the blow, but the hobgoblin gets a mailed fist square in the face, shattering his nose.

UPDATED MAP

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin soldiers: 4

Bolded to act


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Barkskin | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Elduin has finally assessed the situatio and follows his allies up the ladder.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton shifts around the armor and quickly makes it look like he is going to swing at the armor before moving his weight toward the hobgoblin archer.

5 foot step. Feint as move. Pound the hobbo

Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Venomfist: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Damage?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Sneak Attack (if flat-footed): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Poison DC 15 or take an additional 3 damage. Repeats for 1 turn on failed save, up to 2 times.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Not willing to try and push past the animated armors, Silas bides his time waiting for an opening... delay


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Stuck in the corner, Stochelo uses his innate powers to regain some of his prepared magics once more.

Use arcane pool to Spell Recall shocking grasp. Again.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Round 5

Clayton's gambit catches the hobgoblin totally by surprise, and the blow sends it crumbling to the stone floor.

GM rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 8

One of the two remaining hobgoblins shoots at the armor, but the arrow bounces harmlessly off the breastplate.

The other yanks a signal horn from it's belt and blows a resounding alarm, then yells.

Goblin:
ALARM!! THE NIRMATHI ARE COUNTERATTACKING AND THEY HAVE HEAVY INFANTRY. THEY HAVE BREACHED THE UPPER RAMPART!

UPDATED MAP

Initiative

Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin soldiers: 4
Silas: Delay

Bolded to act


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Lead that other one out of the damn doorway!

Bull rush attack to try to push that sucker towards the door... which triggers an AoO

CMB: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Grumbles is rolling pants of late...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Squaring his shoulders, Grumbles rushes head first into the animated armor. He might as well be trying to move a stone pillar - if said pillar could fight back.

Armor #1 AoO vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Armor #1 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The armor then takes another swing at Grumbles.

Armor #1 slam attack vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Armor #1 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Meanwhile, the other armor responds to the arrows fired by the hobgoblin archer and move in to engage it. Clayton, AoO for you, if you want.

Armor #2 slam attack vs Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Armor #2 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The strike connects with a loud thump, making the hobgoblin grunt in pain.

UPDATED MAP

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Silas: delay
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Unknown: 8
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin soldiers: 4

Bolded to act


Storyteller extraordinaire

Nudge


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Silas is not looking to trigger an AoO by moving past the armor.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Another nudge - in 24 hrs, I’ll bot anyone who haven’t taken an action


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Barkskin | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

so sorry
Elduin finally realizes the threat and studies it. Reflexively he let's an arrow loose at the armor thing, while expecting not much impact.

shoot, study, PB, AotF: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

But the crowded space made it diffucult to aim.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Get its attention and lead it out of the room! Someone distract it so we can get by and out!

Politely suggesting someone with a higher AC trigger an AoO so the rest of us can move out.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Trying!, Grumbles yells.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Botting Stochelo

Cast defensively: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 3 + 4 = 31 - success

Heeding Silas call, Stochelo casts a defensive spell (Shield) and moves past the armor, which lashes out at him without much luck.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

AoO spent for this round. Silas to act, then unknown.

Updated map


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 3? Init 12

With the armor distracted, Silas wastes no time making a dash for the door, and into the other room. Slipping just past Clayton, he snaps his wrist and a wand appears in his hand. Pointing the sleek black wand, traced with veins of white, at the hobgoblin to his right, Silas intones the command word and a bolt of force flies from the outstretched item striking the archer unerringly in the chest.

MA 30' to just south of Clayton. SwA activate wrist sheath. SA cast magic missile.

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Status and Effects:
AC: 14 HP: 26


Storyteller extraordinaire

Just after Stochelo and Silas maneuver past the animated armor and enter the rampart, the northen double doors burst open.

A pair of unusually ugly canines burst through. One of them charges the animated armor, the other one lunges at Stochelo.

Dog #1 bite attack vs Armor: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23
Dog #1 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dog #2 bite attack vs Stochelo: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Dog #2 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Knowledge (nature) DC 12:
The ugly canines are Goblin dogs. Contact with a goblin dog's infested, mangy hide causes most other creatures to break out into hives, a condition known as "goblin rash." Goblinoids seem to be immune to this affliction, and are fond of keeping goblin dogs as guardians and mounts.

Following the dogs, four burly hobgoblins armed with gleaming longswords and light wooden shields advance in well-disciplined unison, moving carefully to engage the invaders.

Hobgoblin brawler #1 sword attack vs Stochelo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Brawler #1 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Hobgoblin brawler #2 sword attack vs Armor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Brawler #2 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Hobgoblin brawler #4 sword attack vs Armor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Brawler #4 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Only one of the hobgoblins manage to put the tiniest dent in the armor.

UPDATED MAP

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Hobgoblin brawlers and ugly dogs: 8
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin archers: 4

Bolded to act


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton sees the three way brawl and uses his wits to knock down as many hobgoblins as he can.

"Rise my metal army rise!" He was never much for theatrics but why not, it was like feinting in battle but with words.

Bluff?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He steps quickly next to the brawler beside him and launches a one-two with a quick dip to throw him off.

Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Pummel: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Plus Poison.
Sneak Attack?: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9


Storyteller extraordinaire

The hobgoblin troops fight with veteran focus and discipline. If they understand Clayton's attempted ruse, they give no indication.

Clayton's feint is well executed, but the hobgoblin he targets holds his shield high, and easily blocks the punches.

Heavily wounded by both the armor and Silas' magic, the first hobgoblin archer steps back to let the reinforcements handle the close combat with the animated armor. He pulls a potion from his belt and swallows it, healing several of his wounds. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The other archer turns his attention to the lightly armored spellcaster that just zapped his buddy. He fires off a pair of rapid shots at close range.

Hobgoblin Archer #2 longbow attack (rapid shot #1) vs Silas: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 12
Archer #2 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Hobgoblin Archer #2 longbow attack (rapid shot #2) vs Silas: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 14
Archer #2 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

UPDATED MAP

Round 6

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Hobgoblin brawlers and ugly dogs: 8
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin archers: 4

Bolded to act


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Defensive fighting: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 4 = 8 for 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5. He then moves towards the door - triggering an AoO - but hopefully drawing it after him.

Lotsa crap rolls of late


Storyteller extraordinaire

The animated armor takes a swipe at Grumbles as he passes.

Armor #1 AoO vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Armor #1 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The armor then turns and marches after the ranger and throws another punch at him.

Armor #1 Slam attack vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Armor #1 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

The other armor lashes out at the hobgoblin brawler who slashed it, landing a solid blow.

Armor #2 slam attack vs Brawler 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Armor #2 damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

UPDATED MAP

Round 6

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Hobgoblin brawlers and ugly dogs: 8
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin archers: 4

Bolded to act


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Barkskin | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Elduin is suddenly left behind AGAIN. Why am I so slow today??? He moves forward, towards the light shining through the open secret door, only to recognize his way out blocked by both the moving armor and his allies. He decided to stay inside for the time being and help from there.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Barkskin | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Elduin assess his possibilities and starts burning the enemies ass!

Cast Flaming Sphere under Brawler 1, DC 15 Ref to negate 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) = 15 fire damage


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Stochelo uses a brief pulse of magical energy to enchant his blade, then lunges at the brawler right next to him.

Swift: magus arcana for +1 enchant, standard action: attack

Stab!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 to hit, for Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 damage


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 4 Init 10

As the arrow skims his arm, Silas glowers at the hobgoblin, but decides to bolster his defences before seeking revenge. The stealth and infiltration mission looking more than likely to become a straight up brawl instead. He moves directly away from the looming suit of armor (MA 2 squares down. Could you turn on coordinates?) and casts a spell, enveloping himself in shadows that seem to harden. (SA cast mage armor)

Status and Effects:
AC: 18 HP: 22 of 26
mage armor (4 hours)


Storyteller extraordinaire

Elduin shifts position and summons a sphere of flames to burn his enemies.

Hobbo Ref save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

His initial target is taken by surprise and screams in agony as the flames char his flesh. Stochelo adds injury to injury as he slips past the brawler's defenses and stabs him in the abdomen.

Meanwhil, Silas steps away from the thick of combat to bolster his defenses.

The badly injured brawler recognizes his dire condition and withdraws back to the room he emerged from moments before. Withdraw action.

The hobgoblins battling the armor maneuver around it and attack it from all sides in a coordinated effort.

Brawler #2 Attack w/flank vs Armor 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Brawler #2 dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Brawler #2 crit confirmk vs Armor 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22
Brawler #2 dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Brawler #4 Attack w/flank vs Armor 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Brawler #4 dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Despite their disciplined and brutal efficiency, they only manage to add a few more dents to the empty suit.

The brawler by the door moves in to replace his retreating comrade, swinging his longsword at Stochelo. The goblin dog also snaps at the magus.

Brawler #3 Attack vs Stochelo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Brawler #3 dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dog #1 Attack vs Stochelo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Dog #1 dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The other dog tries to chew the metal of the armor, but can't even manage to get a bite in.

Dog #2 Attack vs Armor 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Dog #2 dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

UPDATED MAP - As far as I know, coordinates are not possible in Roll20, sorry

Round 6

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Hobgoblin brawlers and ugly dogs: 8
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin archers: 4

Bolded to act


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Trying to protect the lightly armored magus Clayton quickly feints his opponent, with a quick duck to the left and a slam coming from the right.

Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 +Poison
Sneak?: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10


Storyteller extraordinaire

Brawler Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Clayton's deception succeeds and his right hook shatters the hobgoblin's jaw, sending him reeling as the venom mixes with the bloody wound.

The hobgoblin archers seem content to let their better armed comrades deal with the armor and send a hail of arrows at the lighter armored infiltrators.

Archer #1 Rapid fire shot 1 vs Clayton: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 7
Archer #1 dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Archer #1 Rapid fire shot 2 vs Clayton: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 22
Archer #1 dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Archer #2 Rapid fire shot 1 vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 6
Archer #2 dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Archer #2 Rapid fire shot 2 vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 - 2 = 13
Archer #2 dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

UPDATED MAP

Round 7

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Hobgoblin brawlers and ugly dogs: 8
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin archers: 4

Bolded to act


Storyteller extraordinaire

Grumbles, you’re up


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

What Maneuvers do I need to get this thing out the door and into the next room?


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Both armors are already out of the secret room and in the room with the hobgoblins.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Silas is correct. You can use different Combat Maneuvers like Reposition and Bull Rush, but as you have already found out, without the right feats you provoke AoO.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Back in the room and into the other passage! Leave the Gobbos to deal with these!

Withdraw to move back into the room and start waving at Clayton.

Move move move!!!

There was another secret passage route, correct?


Storyteller extraordinaire

Grumbles, withdraw only prevents AoO from the first square you move out of. So you can't get back into the room without provoking from the armor. It is correct that there are other hidden paths and at least one more ladder leading up.

Grumbles retreats back into the hidden armory, dodging as the animated armor takes a swing at him.

Armor #1 AoO vs Grumbles: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Armor #1 dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The armor then turns it's attention to Clayton.

Armor #1 Slam vs Clayton: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Armor #1 dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The other armor strikes at one of the brawlers flanking it.

Armor #2 Slam vs Hobgoblin brawler #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Armor #2 dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

UPDATED MAP

Round 7

Initiative
Grumbles: 26
Animated armor:18
Elduin: 17
Stochelo: 13
Silas: 10
Clayton: 4
Hobgoblin archers, brawlers and ugly dogs: 4

Bolded to act - I've moved all Hobgoblin forces to the same init to streamline my updates. Consider it a delay to coordinate efforts.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Barkskin | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Elduin makes a small gesture and the flaming sphere rolls between Brawler 3's legs.
DC 15 ref to negate 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) = 11 fire damage

Then he puts a hand to the door next to him.
ready Action to close the secret door if all allies go through it this round.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Seeing they are outnumbered, Clayton decides its high time to reposition himself out of here.

"Let's move! More people are bound to be coming!"

Withdrawing to the doorway, going to provoke from the armor.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Stochelo stabs at the archer again before stepping into the secret door.

Stab!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 piercing damage

Confirmation: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 additional damage


Storyteller extraordinaire

Hobgoblin Ref save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Under Elduin's direction, the flaming sphere slams into the back of the badly injured hobgoblin soldier, who fails to evade and crumbles to the ground. Stochelo, you're welcome to use your attack on the goblin dog instead.

Stochelo and Clayton make a fighting retreat past the animated armor, leaving Silas as the last remaining member of the group still in the room. The armor has spent it's AoO for this round. Silas to act.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 6 Init 10

Silas retreats to the room with the others.

Status and Effects:
AC: 18 HP: 22 of 26
mage armor (4 hours)


Storyteller extraordinaire

With Silas bringing up the rear, Elduin slams the secret door shut. Through the stone walls, you can make out the sounds of combat and angry shouts as the hobgoblins attempt to neutralize the two animated armors.

I’ll bring us out of initiative for now and let the hobbos finish off the armors off screen. Just remember that the entire hobgoblin garrison have now been alerted the fact that invaders are using hidden passages in the walls.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

That assumes they actually know all the passages :)

Its a question of hit and run now... we all should be used to that. Let's go ambush some more of them!


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

"I agree. We need to strike fast while these armours are distracting them." He heads toward the other tunnel with the other passage, "Everyone okay though?"


Storyteller extraordinaire

So, everyone going back down the ladder and into the lower tunnels? And where to from there?


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP36/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Other parts of the keep... we intend to use tunnels to pop out elsewhere, kill, explore then use them again. It's a Guerrilla wet dream


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

If I remember correctly there was a left side and right side ladder/trapdoor. I'm game to head to the other (which could be on the opposite side of the armor battle).


Storyteller extraordinaire

Hustling down the ladder, you swiftly make your way back to the door leading to the barrack room.

As you arrive, you spot Akre Belring and the half-elf twins standing close to where you left them. They all have weapons drawn and look alert and concerned.

Akre hails you quietly: "Good to see you all in one piece. Judging from all the shouting and signal horns, you'd think the keep was under full invasion. I take it you're responsible. Are we still safe hiding in these corridors, or should we try to make a break for it?"

You have several options at this point. Exit to the ground floor though the barracks or the storeroom by the kitchen. Or move to the right side ladder, which will most likely lead an area close to the armor battle. You can also use the trapdoor located where you found Akre to exit into the courtyard between the wall and the keep itself.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 38/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

"I have no clue whether or not this place is safe still." He shakes his head and closes his eyes, "I can feel the tension though. They might know about the walls, and I wish I had an answer for you." The guerrilla looks perturbed by the development and his lack of answers.

"The way I see it we only have a few options. The courtyard probably has very little cover and only leaves us penned in... Moreso than our present state." Rubbing his face, he speaks a little more slowly, "The barracks are most likely stirred to the call to arms, if we are to move I think that would be our best bet."

Clayton looks at the others, hoping for some input.

601 to 650 of 675 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM JaceDK's Fangwood Keep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.