GM JaceDK's Fangwood Keep

Game Master Jacob Trier

A game of infiltration, subterfuge and close-quarter combat for 4th level PCs, set in the disputed lands between Nirmathas and Molthune.


1 to 50 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Storyteller extraordinaire

FANGWOOD KEEP
Prologue: A foxhunt in the Fangwood

21 Rova, 4718 AR. Late afternoon.
Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas/Molthune contested border territory.

Clayton, Stochelo, Grumbles and Silas:

The warm light of the setting autumn sun shines lazily down through the canopy of the Fangwood as you sprint through the undergrowth, the screams of your dying comrades echoing behind you...

It had begun as any other Foxclaw mission. One of the many informants in the south sent word of a Molthune supply shipment, lightly guarded and carrying valuable weapons and supplies, en route from Canorate to Fort Ramsgate. The supply train would have to pass by the southern edge of the Fangwood, the perfect place for a well-placed ambush to intercept it.

Using the promise of gold, glory or vengeance, the seasoned Foxclaw group leader Burstel Whiteforge rapidly recruited able-bodied warriors to form a strike team - including all of you.

Making good speed through the dense forest, the Foxclaw team was in position well before the Molthune supply wagons lumbered into sight. Only a handful of soldiers guarded the two heavy wagons, barely a threat to the Foxclaw group numbering close to twenty hardened guerrilla warriors.

Whiteforge selected the four of you to form the forward strike team, positioning you where you could surge forward and neutralize any survivors once the hidden archers had fired their first volley from the cover of the trees.

Just as the wagons closed on the ambush site, a wolf howled in the woods behind the archers. In swift response, the soldiers jumped from their wagons and formed rank facing the forest, shields raised. Whiteforge's horn sounded and a dozen arrows flew from the woods, most of them hitting only the shields emblazoned with the red hammer and sword sigil of Molthune.

Then the soldiers holding the shields shifted and warped, sprouting dark fur and sharp fangs. And from the woods behind the Foxclaw archers, a pack of unnaturally large wolves sprang forward, tearing at the Nirmathi forces with fang and claw.

You had all heard the rumors about the special forces units in the Molthune army comprised of lycanthropes and other monsters. Now, you realized that the rumors were true, and the trap that had been sprung here was meant to trap foxes.

"RETREAT! Scatter and regroup in the woods...", you heard Whiteforge bellow, as one of the werewolf soldiers leapt at him, biting and clawing.

Just then, another of the lupine soldiers sniffed the air and looked in your direction, licked it's fangs and advanced with two of it's fellows. You need no further motivation as you turn and retreat into the Fangwood, running as fast as you can.

Now, the air is starting to burn in your lungs and every muscle aches. You have lost track of how far and how long you have run, but the eerie howls of wolves at your back pushes you forward.

Painfully aware that you have no real idea of where you might find safety or even just a good place to stand and fight, you burst into a clearing to come face to face with a masked woodsman perched on a sunbaked rock, a bird of prey perched on his shoulder...

Elduin:

The warm light of the setting autumn sun shines lazily down through the canopy of the Fangwood as you rest on a sunbaked rock, Fowyn perched on your shoulder. You tilt your head as you listen to the screams of dying men and the howls of wolves echoing from the forest before you...

The day had begun like most others, as you roamed the Fangwood with Fowyn flying above the treetops. Your trusted familiar brought you news of men moving through the woods like they belonged there and of wolves moving like they didn't.

Intrigued, but not really surprised, you ventured closer. Hardly a week went by without groups of armed men moving stealthily through the woods, but this was different. You knew most of the predators around here by both sight, sound and smell, and these wolves were strangers here...and strange.

You found prints in the soft forest floor suggesting that these wolves were stalking the men. Pausing on a rock in a small clearing, you pondered the meaning of the tracks.

Your thoughts drifted briefly to the news you received just days ago, from your father. He passed word that while he had still not located your mother, he had learned that one of the soldiers who carried her away years ago had recently returned to Fort Ramsgate. The man, Akre Belring, now reportedly belonged to a small unit of irregular infantry bearing the sign of a mailed fist grasping a broken arrow.

The sound of breaking branches, heavy footsteps and howling wolves stir you from your thoughts. As you peer into the trees, a group of four figures dressed as Nirmanthi partisans burst into view. They halt as they spot you, but the worried glances they cast behind them tell you that they won't be the only ones to disturb the peaces of this clearing.

Take it away...


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

It's never easy! It's never easy is it!?

Hustling at the front, the man known as Clayton Stenos charges through the brush. With the small power he learned from the druids he finds the terrain fairly easy to maneuver He would have used his Feather Step in this dire situation, it is almost as if the woods pull back from him.

Taking a quick look behind him, he counts how many of them are left.

Just us four? What in the Abyss was that?

He shifts his buckler to his other arm over revealing the silver spikes wrapped in his hands, hoping the rumours about silver were true regarding wolves and their weaknesses. "Let's keep moving, I'm not dying to some ambush!"

Pushing through the trees he hits a clearing and stops realizing there is nowhere to hide from the bestial creatures. Hearing a quick fluttering of wings he turns to the sound, seeing the perched bird with its master. Puzzled as to what the masked person is doing here he yells out a warning, "You best get out of here! There are monsters coming this way and you don't want to be on the receiving end of them!"


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

The dark clad tiefling stops short in the clearing at the sight of the figure with the bow. His chest heaves as he struggles to get his breathing under control. He had moved through the forest with agility, but stamina was obviously not his strong suit. Taking that he had not already sprouted arrows from his chest as a sign that the archer was not, at least initially, hostile, he nodded in greeting.

This might be as good a place to make a stand as any other, he countered. I know I can't keep running much longer.

Looking skyward he adds, Let's see if I can see how many have followed us. Perhaps numbers favor us? before flicking his long tail and lifting free of the ground. Rising up into the canopy overhead (levitating) as high as he feels is sufficient and using the branches to maneuver around, he attempts to spy their pursuers whilst trying to also hide in the foliage. (stealth +15)

Did we spot any ranged weapons upon their personages prior to fleeing?

Will you require a knowledge check for silver usage?


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

I like how you made my character picture the starting scene of this adventure

The news from his father made Elduin quite happy. It wasn't so much the fact that he had some success tracking his wife, Elduin's mother, but really any news from his father are good news. He hadn't heard from him for a long time and feared the worst. "That's great, isn't it, Fowyn?"

He was distracted by the closing sounds of battle, fury and fear. He wanted to ignore this matter, but he now he couldn't anymore apperantly. Go check out the area. We don't want to be flanked from several sides. he signaled to his Hawk familiar, who immediately flew away.

At the same time four partisans came into their sight and shouted at him to hide. Well no, this was his forest and his favourite stone. He wouldn't give it up without a fight."You better hide behind me, I got this."

With these words Elduin stood up. He was now standing tall on his stone. With a wide motion of his arms from his knees into the air green light spread from his hands and flew past the oncomers. Behind them cracking was audible. Anyone looking back noticed the grass and roots growing rapidly. Casting Entangle (DC 14) just behind them, so the pursuers will have to run into it
Then he drew his bow and watched.

Fowyn Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Fowyn Stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Elduin Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"Gods be damned lycanthropes!?"

Stochelo slams into the clearing, panting and gasping, sweat pouring down his forehead. His blade remains in its sheath, right hand clamped onto the hilt with a white knuckles grip.

Seeing the masked person with bow drawn, he reflexively moves towards the trunk of a tree to gain some cover.

"What....hide....uh, sure, that's what we'll do. Yeah, no, I think you'll need a hand. We can handle introductions after, assuming we're not dog chow by then."

Stochelo draws his blade and gestures in the air, mystical forms glowing around the tip of the weapon before bursting into fragments of light and shadow. With a shimmer, six Stochelos stand where only one was just moments before.

Drawing weapon, silver dagger if he knows about the DR, rapier if not. Then casting mirror image for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 illusory images and taking cover against a tree.


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:
Knowledge (local) - Stochelo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Knowledge (local) - Clayton: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Clayton and Stochelo:
Both of you are familiar with werewolves and other lycanthropes. While in their animal and hybrid shapes, they are greatly resistant to harm, except from silver weapons. They are able to transmit their curse, often through a bite. The hybrid forms provide them with additional strength and durability, and they share a strong bond with animals of their own kind (wolves, boars, rats etc.)

Before transforming, the soldiers were equipped with standard issue Molthune arms and armor: Chainmail shirts covered by a tabard, round wooden shields and swords. They may have bows or crossbows, you don't know for sure.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"Use silver if you've got it! The magic of their transformation will turn normal steel blades and bows. Magic should work just fine, but who knows how tough these bastards are under that fur."


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles took the reversal in fortune stoically. Complications happen... he didn't expect this one but he had prepared.

He drew out a silver tipped arrow and fitted to his string as he moved past Stochelo then turned and prepared to shoot...

Hit and move boys... nothings changed here.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

"Yeah, nothing changes except the mystery man, his bird, and the literal hounds snapping at my heels!" He dips low like a snake, the handwraps becoming moist from the venom pumping through him. "Just keep sticking those arrows in them Grumbles, I'll try to keep them off their toes."

Despite his battle confidence, he doesn't know what the man did and could only hope it wasn't sinister. However once he saw the trees and foliage to tangle up, and he could recognize it as a spell similar to the one he was taught by the druids.

This guy one of them? He clearly has no idea but can tell its some nature-y thing happening.

"It looks like its about to be showtime."


Storyteller extraordinaire

Date: 21st of Rova, 4718 (21st of September, 4718)
Time: 18:40 pm
Location: Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas/Molthune contested border territory.
Map: A foxhunt in the Fangwood! Round 1 Init 26

As the motley band prepares to stand and fight, three Molthune werewolves in hybrid emerge from the treeline and immediately the plants and roots begin to grasp at them.

GM rolls:

Ref save Werewolf #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Pass
Ref save Werewolf #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Fail
Ref save Werewolf #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Fail

The lead werewolf nimbly evades the entangle spell, but the pair behind him are held in place.

The leader raises a longsword and bares bloody fangs in a satisfied snarl. So, the scared foxes have chosen to die fighting....we'll be happy to oblige.

Init rolls:

Grumbles: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Clayton: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Werewolves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Stochelo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Silas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Elduin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

~~ Round 1 Init ~~
Grumbles 26
Clayton 22
Werewolves 18
Stochelo 18
Silas 14
Elduin 8

Grumbles and Clayton to act.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

I think you made a mistake with the ini order? Actually, this looks quite random Oo. And don't forget that Entangled imposes -4 dex among others.


Storyteller extraordinaire
Elduin Faenan wrote:
I think you made a mistake with the ini order? Actually, this looks quite random Oo. And don't forget that Entangled imposes -4 dex among others.

Yeah, I managed to screw up the rolls while rearranging the initiative order. The posted values outside the spoiler reflect the first results in preview. And initiative applies before the entangle effect, so all enemies act on the same init count. Their penalties do apply on any attacks you make against them before their turn, though.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"What did they tell you about chasing foxes in the woods? You're likely to fall on your horn and smash your teeth down your throat. No problem, you want to die in our blades, this saves us the effort of tracking your butts down!"

Despite seeing their monstrous transformation and bloody visages, Stochelo remains confident, standing his ground with the assistance of this new elf.

"Hey, new guy! You heard me about the silver, right? Steel wont hurt them the same, but fire and lightning should do just fine!"


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

I don't want to hold us up so can I act before Grumbles?

"I'll lie in wait, make them think we're fleeing. These javelins won't punch through their hide." He nods to his allies then dashes to the treeline.

Drawing a javelin (might as well) as a part of the move then entering Stealth using the trees to our west to obscure. I want to stay somewhat within move range for when they reach us.

"We need to get out of here! They'll kill us!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Sorry, they're too far to Sneak Attack and these things can barely break their damage reduction. Brawler problems :(


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles draws down on the lead foe...

longbow w/silvered arrow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 and 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Then moves back to another position.

[ooc]Back 30 feet/ooc]


Storyteller extraordinaire

The lead werewolf lets out a surprised howl of pain when the silver-tipped arrow slams into his shoulder. His eyes narrow as he reassess his tactical situation and he barks an order at his comrades as he heads for a patch of undergrowth.

The archer has silver on his shafts. Take cover and flank! Let the other one run, he's lost his sand.

Both of the other lycanthrope soldiers tear themselves free from the entwining plants with superhuman strength and follow the leader into the bushes. None of the trio are nimble enough to avoid getting stuck again, however.

All three werewolves now have concealment (20% miss chance), but are entangled

GM Rolls:

STR check Werewolf #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 vs DC 15 - pass
STR check Werewolf #3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 vs DC 15 - pass

Ref save Werewolf #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 vs DC 15 - fail
Ref save Werewolf #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 vs DC 15 - fail
Ref save Werewolf #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 vs DC 15 - fail

Sense motive Werewolf #1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 vs DC 24 - fail
Sense motive Werewolf #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 vs DC 24 - fail
Sense motive Werewolf #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 vs DC 24 - fail

Updated map

Rest of the group are up.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5
Stochelo Carmenta wrote:
"Hey, new guy! You heard me about the silver, right? Steel wont hurt them the same, but fire and lightning should do just fine!"

"Thank you for the tip."

With these words Elduin let go of his bow with the left hand and spoke some more druidic words. As a result a fist-sized flame appeared above his open palm.

Casting Produce Flame


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"Hiding won't help you now, wolfy boys. Toss your weapons down and start shocking out of that armor, and just maybe you end up walking out of these woods alive. Keep fighting, and the worms feed on your corpses."

With a circular gesture followed by a pointing flick of his fingers, Stochelo sends out a pair of glowing orbs of light which unerringly strike the wounded werewolf.

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8 magic missile damage


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton lies in wait holding a javelin.
It may not be the best to break them but a shot to the eye is always as painful.

Ready an action to toss a javelin at the first clear (non concealed) target within 30 feet to trigger Sneak Attack.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Let me know when I can shoot again... this will be nasty! Thanks for the entanglement


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 1 Init 14

Silas remains hidden in the treetop watching as the fight unfolds, biding his time for the right moment to act, and watching for other foes who may be approaching. (delaying)

stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Status and Effects:
AC: 14 HP: 26 of 26


Storyteller extraordinaire

Date: 21st of Rova, 4718 (21st of September, 4718)
Time: 18:40 pm
Location: Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas/Molthune contested border territory.
Map: A foxhunt in the Fangwood! Round 2 Init 26

Stochelo's force missiles slam into the injured werewolf with unerring accuracy, pushing it off balance. It recovers and growls, blood flowing freely from several serious-looking wounds now.

Kaertan, get out your crossbow and put a bolt in the next joker who tries to cast a spell. Petrus, on me. We'll bring the fight to them, the injured leader orders.

~~ Round 2 Init ~~
Grumbles 26
Clayton 22
Werewolves 18
Stochelo 18
Silas 14
Elduin 8

Grumbles may shoot again. Clayton is hiding, waiting for a good moment to pounce.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Rapid shot!!

I love that they are entangled... An entangled character takes a –4 penalty to Dexterity. Hoping the 2nd roll is ahit

Silver arrow 1
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 23
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Silver arrow 2
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 13
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

they still have concealment though


Storyteller extraordinaire

Concealment shot #1(1-20 is a miss): 1d100 ⇒ 61

Concealment shot #2 (1-20 is a miss): 1d100 ⇒ 21

Before the leader can follow through on his own order, Grumbles’ first arrow sails through the foliage to catch him under the chin. He collapses on the ground, dark blood pooling into the dirt.

Snarling in anger, both remaining wolves tear at the grasping plants.

GM rolls:

STR check werewolf #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

STR check werewolf #3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Ref save werewolf #2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

ReF save werewolf #3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Again, both of them tear themselves free with inhuman strenght. Staying in cover, they move towards the edge of the enchanted plants, almost making it clear. Then the plants grab one of them, while the other manages to sidestep the entangling vines and roots.

Rest of you up. Posting from phone, so no map yet.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Those abomination can go to hell, or worse...
With no comment Elduin throws first one then rapidly another flame at the entangled foe.

concealment: 2d100 ⇒ (57, 90) = 147
throw Flame vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3
throw Flame vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 2 = 21
fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"Come now, little wolfies. You haven't laid a claw or blade on us, and our friend controls the very plants and earth around us. Give up, make it easier on everyone, why dont you?"

Stochelo moves forward, blade in hand and ready to strike.

Readying a shocking grasp spellstrike with silver dagger if any werewolves get within reach. Move 30' towards the edge of the entangle.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

I'm here but waiting for a visual to see if I can go in for a Feint and strike.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 2 Init ??

From his hidden perch Silas debates the pros and cons of casting a spell. Not yet, he decides. (continue delaying)

Status and Effects:
AC: 14 HP: 26 of 26


Storyteller extraordinaire

Date: 21st of Rova, 4718 (21st of September, 4718)
Time: 18:40 pm
Location: Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas/Molthune contested border territory.
Map: A foxhunt in the Fangwood! Round 2 Init 8

Elduin hurls two fistfuls of fire in rapid succession. The first goes wide, but the second burns off a large patch of fur on one of the werewolves.

Stochelo steps closer to issue a defiant taunt while Clayton and Silas bide their time

~~ Round 2 ~~
Grumbles 26 *acted
Clayton 22 *[delay]
Werewolves 18 *acted
Stochelo 18 *acted
Silas 14 *acted
Elduin 8 *acted

Clayton left in round 2, then a fresh round.


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Clayton creeps through the bushes toward Stochelo, lying in wait for the wolves to move on in on his ally.

Readying a melee attack to the first one to come into range. Can't really run into the Entanglement without being cut to shreds.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Grumbles draws down on the remaining foe.

Longbow, Silver Arrow: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 23
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Storyteller extraordinaire
Georghu "Grumbles" Dobre wrote:

Grumbles draws down on the remaining foe.

There are two werewolves remaining, one injured and one unhurt. Both have concealment. I'll assume you're shooting at the injured one

Concealment (1-20 miss): 1d100 ⇒ 51

Grumbles sends another well-aimed shot at the Molthune lycanthropes, and the silvertipped arrow adds another serious wound to the already injured werewolf.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"At this point all you're doing is costing us time a bit of coin. I'm sure your armor and weapons will prove plenty of money to replace those arrows, maybe we'll even sell your pelts to the right collector! There's still time to yield and surrender, wolfies, you don't have to join your dead buddy there just yet!"


Storyteller extraordinaire

GM rolls:

Clayton stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Werewolf #2 perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Werewolf #2 perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Werewolf #2 Strenght: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

If Stochelo's words sow any seeds of doubt in the two remaining werewolves, their snarling furcovered faces don't show it. Finally free of the entanglement, they move to stand shoulder to shoulder in the undergrowth a dozen feet from where Stochelo and Clayton are patiently waiting for them.

Updated map


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

Hell, its about damn time, finally I can see a target.
He whispers to Stochelo, "I'll cover you here, just keep hounding them."

Readying an Attack (Silver Handwraps) to hit whichever of the two wanders into range of us. Can 5 Foot Step as a part of the Readied Attack due to Feather Step. Will try to block a charge or move in as appropriate.


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Elduin's eyes follow the wolves like a hawk. Swift action Hawkeye for +2 for next attack roll
Since he has only two flames left and they freed themselves from the entanglement, he decides to make throw more accurate. no Rapid Shot this time

throw Flame at injured wolf vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 56

fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

noticed I made a mistake before. Throwing uses dex just as shooting. I thought it was str.

Another flame appears in his palm...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Elduin’s flame strikes the injured werewolf square in the face, and it goes down in a heap.

The last remaining werewolf issues a long howl of fury.


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

Move me to the right 6 sq

Longbow w/Silver arrows
1d20 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 21
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

Stochelo steps back and raises his silver blade in a high guard stance, left hand held out and point raised up over his head, ready to strike. He whispers a few words of magic and an invisible shield of force springs out and around him in a protective ward.

"Come on then, wolf. Let's see if your bite is a sharp as a Fox's slash."

Move back 5', casting shield. Hope to draw him past Clayton as he moves to get me.


Male Tiefling Illusionist (Shadowcaster) 4 ~~ AC 14/14/10 HP 26 CMD 16/12 F:+1 R:+5 W:+4 Perc +4 Init +4

Round 3 Init 14

With only one werewolf left, Silas decides to try and end the fight and capture at least one alive for questioning. He produces as handful of fine sand and reciting arcane infused words, blows it in the wolfman's direction. (SA cast sleep. DC 15 will)

Status and Effects:
AC: 14 HP: 26 of 26


Human Male Ranger 4 AC18 T/AC14 FF/AC14 HP40/[40] Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5 Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20 Init +6; Sense Mot +2 Perception +8 Ranger's Focus +2 2/[2]

...


Storyteller extraordinaire

Ranged attack miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 20 Miss
Grumbles sends another arrow at the last enemy, but a low hanging branch blocks his shot.

Infuriated by Stochelo's repeated taunts and seemingly unaware of Clayton, the remaining werewolf moves forward to strike at the magus.

Go ahead and resolve your readied actions - there's a decent chance you will bring him down before he can attack. No charge due to terrain.

Meanwhile, Silas begins casting a spell. One round casting time


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

AC 23 with shield active.

"Ah, I see the wolf has found its stones at last. Too bad it only took the lives of two of your friends for you to do so."


M Human Snakebite / Venomfist 4 - HP 48/48 - AC 20 - TAC 13 - FF 17 - CMD 20 (+4 Grapple, Trip) - Init +2 - F+7 - R+6 - W+3 - Perc +9 - Sense +8 - Feather Step 1/1

"Finally! Come to papa!"

Clayton comes out of the brush and attempts to slam into the werewolf with his hands full of silvered dust.

Attack (Handwraps): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2, 3) = 11 +Poison, DC 15
Crit?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Storyteller extraordinaire

Date: 21st of Rova, 4718 (21st of September, 4718)
Time: 18:40 pm
Location: Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas/Molthune contested border territory.
Map: A foxhunt in the Fangwood! Round 4 Init 18

Emerging from hiding, Clayton catches the werewolf totally off guard and delivers a staggering punch to sternum. if it had not been for the solid chain mail and tough hide,the blow would have caused even more damage. Crit does not confirm.

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The venom from Clayton's strike mixes with the lycanthope's blood and increases his agony. 3 more dmg, right?

In retaliation, the wounded shapeshifter lunges at Clayton, seeking to tear out his throat.

Bite with Power Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

His injury prevents him from fining his mark, though.

~~ Round 4 ~~
Grumbles 26 *acted
Clayton 22 * acted
Werewolves 18 *acted
Stochelo 18
Silas 14
Elduin 8

Stochelo, Silas and Elduin. Let's see if he'll survive to the next round


Half-elf Nature Fang (Picture) | HP 31/31 | AC: 21 T: 14 Fl: 17 | CMD: 19 | F +7 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs. enchantment) | Init +4 | Perc: +15 | Active buffs: Aspect of Falcon | Active conditions: none |
Skills:
Climb +5, Handle Animal +3, Heal +7, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +15, Spellcraft +4, Stealth +7, Survival +7, Swim +5

Elduin throws his last flame.

throw Flame at injured wolf vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
fire damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

no more flame appears in his palm...


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"And now you see how Foxes fight, wolfy. We lay traps and allow you fools to stumble right in! Now taste my blade!"

Stochelo decides to hold off on using more magic, seeing the werewolf in such an inferior tactical position.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 to hit, for 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 silver piercing/slashing damage

He misses entirely, more used to the reach and attack angles of his rapier instead of the shorter dagger.


Storyteller extraordinaire

Stochelo joins the melee, but fails to bring down the remaining enemy.

Then, Silas completes his spell...

Will save vs sleep: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

...and the werewolf soldier’s eyes slide shut and he crumbles to the forest floor.

Elduin, Silas acts before you, so you may change your action if you wish.


AC 19 / 14 / 15. HP 27/27. Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +5 Mirror images: 3

"Well, that was rather...anticlimactic. I suppose we've proven that Foxes make better fighters than wolves, at least."

Stochelo chuckles as he digests the sleeping werewolf of his weapons and retrieves some rope.

"Anyone particularly handy with knots? Or carries manacles for some reason? Seems to me we can interrogate this one when he wakes up, perhaps garner some intelligence on their affairs? I knew Molthune was stopping to low and dirty tactics, but to bring on lycanthropes like this, that's just madness. What if they afflict a village, or stop and raid a tavern, leaving a bunch of folks to turn at the full moon? Stupidity."

Once the weapons are removed from the incapacitated wolf, he casts detect magic and begins to gather up the rest of the fallen equipment.

1 to 50 of 507 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM JaceDK's Fangwood Keep All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.